Entree Restaurant & Bar
2 Battersea Rise
London, SW11 1EDNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Entree Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.entreebattersea.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072235147x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 6pm – 10:30pm
Saturday: 12pm – 3:30pm
6pm – 10:30pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Entree Restaurant & Bar
Awarded 2 AA Rosettes since opening, Entrée's talented teams intention is to establish Entrée as an unpretentious, high quality neighbourhood restaurant. Situated at the top of Battersea Rise and laid out over two floors, Entrée offers well executed food from top British suppliers and menu influences from Europe. Head chef, James McDonald brings with him a wealth of experience, the last ten years cooking at Michelin level in London restaurants. A seperate cocktail piano bar is located on the bottom floor and is available for private functions. Jazz pianists plays weekly and a quality small plate menu is also available in the bar as well as full a la carte if requested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
Entree Restaurant & Bar - Best restaurants in Battersea ›
Entree Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since 26 May 2014
romance (68)fit for foodies (63)special occasions (58)group bookings (31)sunday lunch (25)business meals (14)outstanding value (12)good vegetarian options (12)pre/post theatre (8)brunch (6)child friendly (3)outdoor eating (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Love this restaurant!FoodieChicDined on 20/8/2014I only recently discovered Entrée and have been back twice in 3 weeks, its got a great atmosphere, staff are very attentive and the food is beautifully presented and really delicious. If i had one gripe it would be the tempura, the batter was far too think and oily, however the arancini is amazing and rivals the ones I had in Italy so that's saying something! I had the seabass main which was perfectly cooked and delicious and my boyfriend had the steak which was again perfectly cooked and divine! We also got a free glass of champagne for my mom as it was her birthday which was a nice touch. Def worth trying it out, I will def be back.Special Features:
- GoldmanDined on 6/8/2014Food was absolutely outstanding. Was a bit quiet during our meal, but we were well looked after and was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiasppointingGoodfoodonlyDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant looks nice and has a nice atmosphere however the food was so disappointing we paid for 3 course menu and didn't stick around for dessert< would not recommendSpecial Features:
- JBstDined on 26/7/2014We had the open table offer of 2 courses plus a glass of prosecco for £19.50 - great value and the food was amazing. Service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceleilaDined on 25/7/2014We went to entrée on Friday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. He got a nice free glas of prosecco and a birthday candle. Food was great, staff friendly, and we enjoyed the piano music after a nice wine. All to have an enjoyable relaxed evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/7/2014great food ..... great presentation ...... enjoyed the food - great favours. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous.lunaskyDined on 18/7/2014Another great meal at Entree. Great good and service. We took advantage of the 2 courses and prosecco for £19.50 offer from open table which meant it didn't cost an arm and a leg either. Would thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningWestcountrytoffDined on 15/7/2014First date, was a Tuesday evening, so not busy. Was looked after by a very friendly and smily waiter. Great food, recommended sides and would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodLac2626Dined on 12/7/2014I made a last min booking here on sat night as I've been before & its been great in the past. It did not disappoint, although I did feel the portions seemed smaller than before and the prices were higher. I ordered the chicken main course, which was £17.50 and it was basically just 2 slices of chicken breast and 1 ''slice' (in equal size to one of the pieces of chicken) of potatoe for that amount of money. It felt like rations! And, due to my companions small serving of pasta, I gave him one of my pieces of chicken! We woke up starving! Also, upon booking, I thought were were on a deal where we got 2 course and a glass of prosecco for £19.50 but this menu was not offered to us. Maybe you need to ask which is naughty...HmmSpecial Features:
- Great AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014I chose this place on the recommendation of a friend and was not dissappointed. It is reasonably expensive but no more than other similar standard restaurants in the area. The ambience is really amazing, they have a little bar with live music downstairs and the night we were there the music was really fantastic. The food was not amazing but certainly not bad and we were a late booking so that may have been the reason that the food was a little below standard. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCatODined on 10/7/2014Have wanted to go here for a while and Entrée did not disappoint. The waitress was friendly but not overbearing, making excellent recommendations for the food and drink. The duck was cooked to perfection and triple cooked chips were delicious. Even the green beans had the edge. My boyfriend had the steak tartare - beautiful mix of flavours and the egg cream was something else. portion sizes were good but not too big to compete with and the chocolate fondant was divine too. Not a cheap option but would certainly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Realyl really goodkventDined on 8/7/2014There were 5 of us for a Tuesday evening dinner. Not sure if the BYO was specific to a Tuesday, but the £5 corkage certainly made this a great deal. The food was delicious. Especially the French Onion soup. Everyone at the table was very happy with their decisions, although we think the Duck was dish of the night. Great service, friendly atmosphere, great food. Not much more you could ask for.
- pre dinner menukatactrDined on 4/7/2014We went before the theatre and had the set menu 2 course for £19.50 with presecco. Excellent value for money, suburb food and the service was very attentive, as we stated we didn't have long to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashBobbybigwheelsDined on 28/6/2014Held a small birthday bash for my wife, great atmos, delightful service and the piano bar downstairs is killer.Special Features:
- Could be better - avoid the ravioliWightGirlDined on 21/6/2014Ate here with friends a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so booked it for last Saturday with another friend. The scallop and crab lasagna was still great but my friend and I had the vegetarian ravioli and it was not good. I never send anything back but we sent back our mains as the pasta was not cooked. I know what al dente is and it was simply not cooked. When it came back out it was still not that well cooked but at that point we could not be bothered to send it back again. The pudding and coffee were lovely as was the starter but the main was a disappointment. We eat regularly in Clapham with friends and i have to say based on this i would definitely hesitate to go there again. Shame as it used to be good.
- EntreeBox1Dined on 31/5/2014This is my second visit to Entree and again the food was very good and the service impeccableSpecial Features:
- Great mealfresh2pDined on 28/5/2014Great food, friendly and attentive service and very gluten friendly! When one dish wasn't available gluten free, many other alternatives were offeredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very high standardEd37Dined on 22/5/2014Starters (crab and scallop lasagne, and onion, mushroom and gruyere soup) were 1 Michelin star quality. The mains were generally very good but not as special as the startersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go again!JackDined on 17/5/2014Great food and great service. The £19.50 deal on opentable is exceptional value. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and ApetisingHungryHoraceVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had a great night at Entree. The food was lovely and the set menu was good value. We especially liked the Arancini, Bavette Steak and the Chicken dishes. The fish cakes were a little disappointing (more potato than fish) but otherwise everything was fab. Our waiter was super friendly and helpful (even though it was only his 3rd shift). The singer added ambience without being intrusive. I look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningTdr1984Dined on 2/5/2014Great food and lovely service. Food was well presented and tasted great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 18/4/2014Late booking for Good Friday, so was unusually quiet. However food was still lovely and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing second visitLouCatSooDined on 5/4/2014The first time I went to Entree, I was impressed that it was something a bit different in Clapham - interesting food combinations, great cocktails and a fantastic pianist. This time, although it was a busy Saturday night, a below average guitarist/singer playing weak covers, and food not all that different from what you'd get anywhere in Clapham for half the price. Entree has a lovely atmosphere and the service is excellent, but it just shows how much under par food and poor music turn a restaurant from a place where you notice the atmosphere, great cocktails and music to a place where you only notice that the bill is a lot higher than you'd expect for what you're getting. May go back, but will check the menu and who is playing before I do.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great atmospheremeghDined on 2/4/2014Entree is a great neighbourhood restaurant, with very good food, a lovely atmosphere and live piano on weekend evenings. I'd highly recommend this restaurant. Their toptable deal is excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousMP13Dined on 1/4/2014Food is tasty and delicious, the staff are incredibly polite and friendly. The only thing to note if you're vegetarian (like me) is that if you go for the toptable set menu option, there are no veggie options for mains, but they were happy to substitute the (only) veggie dish (ravioli) from the a la carte menu which was tasty. Overall a great dining experience, would definitely go back.
- SadCallyDined on 25/3/2014What a shame a very good local place has now gone down hill . I have eaten here a great deal in the past and always enjoyed the food and service,Entree has been going more than 3 years and the whole place is now looking very tired from the food decor you name it all is very very sad.The menus was the same old food the muse booch not up to the old standard and not even a full glass ,the only thing that could be classes as enjoyable was the bread. I won't be returning unless the whole place pulls it's socks up.
- good food, good servivePedroDined on 21/3/2014did a toptable deal here on a Friday night. The food was great quality but the choice was limited on the toptable menu option. service also perfect throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Entree for dinnerAnonymousVIPDined on 1/3/2014We went to Entree for dinner on a Saturday night and all really enjoyed the food (particularly the crab and scallop lasagna starter), the wine and the cocktails (particularly the dessert cocktails!) The service was fantastic and the ambience was great with live music audible from the bar below but not so loud that conversation was difficult. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- No salt or Too much salt!Nice1Dined on 28/2/2014I took a couple friends here to catch - up and have a discussion about a future event. The noise level at Entree was that of a wine bar or a busy market. Fish cakes were very bland - ordred sole for main and it was a recipe for blood pressure - so salty! Staff was pleasant and attentive - thankfully this was tt deal so inexpensive - but food and environment was less than impressive.Special Features:
- Great night!RobynDined on 28/2/2014An amazing surprise 40th dinner for my best friend back for two nights from Hong Kong - all the I hoped for & more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner and drinks but...EagsDined on 26/2/2014The food was great and the cocktails were delicious but don't expect an atmosphere. We were lucky as a large party was booked downstairs which gave the impression the place was busy despite a virtually empty top floor. If the party hadn't been there it would have been a meal void of atmosphere and could have ruined it. However, if you want good food and good drink and there are a group of you, this could be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJPJPVIPDined on 25/2/2014Food really good, atmosphere decent, really like the bar downstairs, good value. Will keep going.Special Features:
- No steak and salty fishKateDined on 22/2/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times in the last few years, and decided to go on Saturday night as I have had good experiences in the past. Unfortunately they had run out of steak on the set menu, and on the normal menu, which was pretty rubbish for a Saturday night with a butchers right next door! We ordered off the set menu as we had booked through toptable. The amuse bouche was lovely, as was my french onion soup. Unfortunately the chef seemed to have gone salt crazy and over salted my sole, the sauce and the chips we were sharing, rendering them inedible. The waiting staff, however were lovely.
- Hidden gemroadtohappinessDined on 19/2/2014I had never come across entree but stumbled upon it looking for some inspiration for somewhere to go away from the usual Northcote Road selection. The front of house greeting was warm and sincere. Throughout the whole evening nothing was too much trouble but neither were they hovering by your table waiting to pounce on empty plates and wine glasses. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. I've already recommended it to other friends who live in the area and will definitely be going back whether for a catch up with friends, birthday or romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GarethDined on 15/2/2014I chose Entree to take my girlfriend for a Valentines dinner and it proved perfect! The ambiance was great with just the right lighting and blues/ jazz music in the background. The food and service was excellent. We ordered olives to start and to our surprise were also given amuse-bouche "compliments of the chef" - bread with a lovely rich creamy soup. We both ordered steak which was very tasty - the chips were amazing, very crispy! When we finished we were given a 241 cocktail voucher so we went to the bar downstairs to listen to the live music in the form of an acoustic guitarist. All in a great evening and we would definitely visit again. It's my 30th coming up and I'm considering having it here based on our evening. Recommended!Special Features:
- Weekend DinnerFineDiner50Dined on 15/2/2014Was fine - service attentive but not overbearing, quality okay and quantity sufficient. Better than most in this area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secon Visit and Still ImpressedLondonMDined on 8/2/2014Second time of visiting this restaurant and in short, we'll be back. The food was lovely but it was backed by some of the best service I have received (friendly, knowledgeable but relatively low key. Appropriate key whatever the correct term for that is)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great performanceTwigletDined on 6/2/2014Another great performance from Entree. Food always well presented and executed, interesting menu with plenty of choice (even on set menu). Service friendly and sweet - even keeping the kitchen open to rush through a dinner for a very late arrival to our party. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- excellent servicemummattDined on 6/2/2014Excellent service, delicious food, great ambience; intimate and warm.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantHooverDined on 5/2/2014Chance to eat well though out food in a local restaurant atmosphere. Service is friendly but slightly haphazard but no means a criticism, quite charming really. If you live south of the river and fancy a mid week meal in civilised surroundings its a good choice, the food is probably a feather overpriced given the location though. Would recommend it to friends living locally as one to try out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.