London, W1J 7NBNeighbourhood:
LebanesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fakhreldine.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074933424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 12:00AM; Sunday: 12:00PM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Halal, Lebanese, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Youssef Harb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We provide off-site catering for companies and private events. We have also online delivery system on our website where you can order simly and quickly our fresh, tasty food.
- Private Party Facilities: To be discussed with the management. Previous large group bookings of 85, 120, 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: AnnaMaria 02074933424
- Entertainment: Belly Dancer : Friday and Saturday 20:30 Magician: Fridays 20:30
A word from Fakhreldine
Fakhreldine is the oldest Lebanese restaurant in London. The 30 plus years of serving fresh, flavourful food to the capital, has established the restaurant as a landmark in its own right.In Lebanon, restaurant cuisine is dictated by Mezzé. Small dishes such as Hummus and Tabbouleh are casually set upon the table with baskets of bread for diners to drag trough dips.Fakhreldine head chef Youssef Harb does not want his family cuisine to be lost in history. Slowly cooked “Five Spice” lamb shanks and bukhari rice, stuffed baby aubergine with minced lamb, tomato sauce topped with yoghurt, crispy bread and pine nuts,deep fried baby red mullet served with eggplants,crispy bread and tarator are a sample of main courses featured in the elegant dining room with fantastic, uninterrupted views of Green Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fakhreldine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Poor service, decent foodomnomnomDined on 12/10/2012I've been to Fakhreldine many times before and the service deteriorates with every visit. This time they were just plain rude. I asked for a bottle of water only to have it banged down in front of me on the table, not poured for anybody. At the end of the night, because we were the last ones left in the restaurant, our coats and bags had already been taken from the cloakroom and dumped on a chair in the bar area and left there for us to find without a word. Service like this is an absolute disgrace. The managers would do well to remember that the food here is decent but pretty standard as far as middle Eastern food goes, so this place is really only a choice for those who want a nicer setting to dine in - good service is therefore vital.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening!LoverOFfood7Dined on 9/10/2012Dined here with a group of friends for an after work celebration and we all thoroughly enjoyed our evening! the atmosphere was pleasant and the food was perfect! :) will definitely come here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsDiningOutVIPDined on 7/10/2012Nice place for special occasions such as friend's birthdays. Great selection of food and very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing specialSobiequeenDined on 5/10/2012Slow on service, high on price. Nothing special about the view of green park!Special Features:
- high expectationsgreedyepicureDined on 5/10/2012After scoping for the best lebanese in the area, Fakhreldine seemed to come out on top. Initial impressions were good but they took little while to take our drinks and food order. Food arrived in better time and the menu was quite exciting. Lots of really delicious sounding choices. We went for the set menu thinking we might cost save a little but in reality this saves little or no money and restricts your choice to the classic mezze selection. so suggest you go with your own choice of mezze or mains. The food was delicious and enough to go round- everyone was happy. The restaurant was noisy due to the contemporary set up not helping with sound absorption - so found myself shouting a little to my friend over the table. won't return.Special Features:
- The ambience and the viewsOut2eatDined on 30/9/2012The ambience and the views while seated in the Restaraunt during dinner was the best experience...food did not particularly tickle our taste buds...will like to try the lunch option as the price seemed reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Lebanese - Good For Groupsayman86Dined on 27/9/2012We went here for my birthday as a group of 7. The round tables were perfect as you can talk to everyone in the group with ease. We went for the £40+ set menu. The food was tasty but not amazing. It's the second time I've been and I would go again. I'd say the set menu is a little overpriced but the amount of food was more than enough. I'd say the extra you pay is for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceGirlWithACurlDined on 20/9/2012Had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant but my first visit to Fakhreldine did not live up to my expectations. We had a late lunch so it wasn't busy, yet the service was poor. We had to keep calling staff over to take our drinks/ food/ coffee orders. We were not shown the lunch menu (containing special deals) until we specifically asked for it. Food is tasty but very over-priced compared to other similar places. The main plus point that makes it worth it is that it serves halal food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect fit for food & locationHungryhil1Dined on 18/9/2012My brief was a challenge. Guests coming from all parts of London of which one would expect Halal and another wanted to avoid too much spice. This restaurant matched up on all counts and offered the bonus of a great outlook over Green Park with a light and airy main restuarant and super food. We had the Mezze 8 which was plenty ( a little too much) offering lots of choice to meet the different tastes of the guests but we each ended up eating everything available with gusto. We had a very leisurly lunch and at no time felt we were in the way. A bit disappointed to see staff eating their lunch and a manager (owner?) doing bookwork in the public area. Would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very pleasant afternoonGP8allDined on 8/9/2012Had a very pleasant afternoon whiling away the time, admiring the views of Green Park whilst gorging on a very tasty, if not a bit pricey Lebonese mezeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and dated decoryumfoodVIPDined on 3/9/2012We went there at 8:30pm on a Mon, restaurant was two thirds empty. decor shabby and dated, but did have a lovely veiw over green park. we went more for nibbles and wine than a large dinner as we weren't v.hungry. we ordered the house wine and 4 tiny mezze's (veg ones, so were cheaper than the meat dishes) the bill came to £50, and that was with a food discount of 30%!! food was ok, but nothing special. I think £50 for house wine and essentially a large starter each is extortionate, and that was with a reasonable discount!!! They also stuck a £6.50 service charge on the bill, but did not refill our wine once or check on as at all dispite the restaurant being totally empty. Will not return. Needs a massive redecoration and price reduction!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantpopittyluvs2eatoutDined on 1/9/2012nothing else to say but: DELICIOUS FOOD, great atmoshere, lovely place in great location for downtown night scene, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!HappydinerDined on 1/9/2012Fakhreldine really has an air of romance, the food is plentiful and service is attentive. The grilled options are great with portion size being sunstantial. I would definitely return to enjoy more, if given the chance book the seats next to the window if only 2, if party size is more then the couches are very comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick business lunchAlexVIPDined on 1/9/2012Being so close to our office, this is a favourite for me! The windows overlooking Green Park offer a great view - although on a sunny day it can get blindingly bright and the greenhouse effect warrants the use of the curtains! The food is good lebanese and the recent addition of a lighter lunch option makes it appealing also for a quick business lunch. Will keep going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice for lunch. WeMichaelDined on 31/8/2012A good choice for lunch. We ordered the mixed meze starter, a nice selection of mildly spiced titbits with a fresh salad. The kebabs were extremely tasty, the nices t thing we had. I had an unusual drink, Jallab, date and something - very good. Turkish coffee and baklava to finish, all for under £40, enjoyed with a view across Green Park.Special Features:
- Decent but too expensiveAS100Dined on 30/8/2012Fakhreldine has always been a decent place for a lunch - good food (the falafel was a little dry), good service, large portions but they keep increasing their price and now it feels too expensive. There are other Lebanese restaurants around which are just as good and around half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StandardladyabDined on 17/8/2012We booked from the business lunch menu which I think sis significantly cheaper than the other menu. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy so the atmosphere wasn't great but it was an extremely hot day with most people outside, and the service was good. Food was good....Special Features:
- Fakhreldine - Green ParkFoodeeVIPDined on 16/8/2012Really tasty food, lots of choice for veggies, nice location and a buzzing atmosphere. Very enjoyable and would go backSpecial Features:
- Good food with a good viewUrlehDined on 31/7/2012We had a nice table at the window, which gives you a good view on Hyde Park. The food was good and plenty. We shared a bunch of mezes incl. Baba ghanoush, humus, falafel and the prawns. The squid was ok - too much batter around it. We tried the rose and lemon lemonades - both very good. The service was good and they were attentive. The only thing, which surprised me was when we arrived at 7pm they were still hovering the restaurant and we were the only guests. I suggest to go later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & views of GrnParkMrCPEDined on 21/7/2012Restaurant has great atmosphere with great view of Green Park. Vegetarian options were especially good. Dessert menu was a little disappointing considering the food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dinnerLove2dineDined on 22/6/2012I went to the Fakhrekdine before and the food there is deliciouse, best i had so far for Lebanise cusine. Love the service and staff is always helpful. Will definetly go back again.Special Features:
- Good for groupsZzzzDined on 21/6/2012Went with a group. Was good ambience and quiet enough to talk and hear each - early evening time. Food was standard fare, not amazing as I had previously heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably good Lebanese restaurantRHC1Dined on 12/6/2012Fakhreldine is a fairly good Lebanese restaurant comparable to other Lebanese restaurants in West London. The food is tasty with a reasonable variety of different dishes to suit. The price is a little higher than other similar Lebanese restaurants but still reasonable. Ambience is reasonable with a wide variety of diners although some tend to be quite loud which can interfere with other diners. Overall it is a reasonable restaurant to visit although there are several better, cheaper Lebanese restaurants with more of an 'authentic' feel in West London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceAlanDined on 9/6/2012My wife & I took my sister and her husband out for dinner on Saturday night to rekindle memories of the excellent Lebanese food we had when on holiday in Dubai 2 years ago. We weren't disappointed. After feasting on a selection of Mezzes, (particularly recommend the hommus, calimari & fakhreldine bread) we chose the mixed grill all of which was excellent. Cocktails were also very well prepared. Service was attentive but not overly friendly, we asked for a leisurely meal and we were not hurried at all. As some people pointed out it is a little on the pricey side but given our experience I would say it still represented good value for money. My Brother-in-law particularly enjoyed the belly dancing!Special Features:
- Good view, good foodCCPortlandDined on 1/6/2012The food at Fakhreldine is good. I usually stick with a number of starters (Lebanese 'mezes', so to speak) which are healthy and really tasty. Views overlooking Green Park are good and at night the atmosphere is great. At lunchtime, it can be rather quiet.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 26/5/2012It's a real amazing esperience to have dinner at Fakhreldine. Every time I'm in london I enjoy a dinner at this restaurant where you can eat the real lebanese cuisine. Wine list is reach of lebanese Wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fine, service/heat badmaf1Dined on 24/5/2012I've been to fakhreldine several times before and always enjoyed it. But this time less so. Food was still fine, and comes served elegantly. But the service itself was bad - either nobody around when you needed them or a pack of wolves all trying to fill our wine up far too high - quite uncomfortable. But the worst thing was the HEAT! It was like a sauna, and made us both feel tired and ultimately leave earlier than we would have. One waiter told me - when I asked if they could turn the aircon up - that "this isn't an aircon country" - what a strange remark. I won't go back til the winter now, when I want to be kept nice and warm. What a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, however felt itJaz21Dined on 19/5/2012Nice food, however felt it was abit on the pricey side given the portions. Service was so/so waiters did not seem to interested and it took a while before our order was taken.Special Features:
- A good meal with excellentSandraDined on 15/5/2012A good meal with excellent service and a nice atmosphere
- Took visitors from abroadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Took visitors from abroad who had treated us to a lovely meal when we visited them, alas we did not have the same experience. They served main course whilst still eating starters, we asked for them to be taken away where told we only had 25 minutes to eat starters. The main courses were cold when served up. Resturant was not busy .....so why the rush???
- Fantastic service, lovelyMpa2012VIPDined on 7/5/2012Fantastic service, lovely atmosphere. Very welcoming staff and great food!
- Fakhreldine in Mayfair LondonSandraDined on 25/4/2012Fakhreldine in Mayfair London was a pleasant discreet restaurant with good food and good value
- It was a good eat, fairlyJFjdfDined on 13/4/2012It was a good eat, fairly expensive. But the good ambience made up.Special Features:
- Went to Fakhreldine on a SundayAnonDined on 8/4/2012Went to Fakhreldine on a Sunday night for a late dinner. We got a very good service, the waiter was very helpful and recommended very good dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the half price dealDawebellDined on 8/4/2012We had the half price deal at Fakhreldine. The food was nice, but i think I would have been VERY disappointed if I had paid full price for it. We had meze, main course and desert. My only complaint is that some of the waiting staff seem to be a little uninterested in serving (!!!!) The waiter that took our order was lovely, but after that it went rapidly downhill. Desert, we had no cutlery, and coffee, no sugar or spoon. Very slap dash for a resturant that charges high prices.
- I had Easter Lunch at Fakhreldine,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012I had Easter Lunch at Fakhreldine, Piccadilly, London yesterday. We've arrived early but there was no problem with dining early. Good food, nice and friendly staff and great views. We've enjoyed our food and time at the restaurant. Only thing - prices - only go there if you book 50% off offer otherwise very expensive.
- Fakhreldine in Mayfair isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2012Fakhreldine in Mayfair is the first lebanese restaurant I've been to, but definitely won't be the last. Amazing food, particularly the mezzes (or starters). Fantastic service, waiters were extremely helpful and courtious. The atmosphere was also great, lovely bar to begin the evening with cocktails and then dinner with a view of Green Park... Can't recommend it enough! The only draw back is that without any discounts it's not cheap (but then where in this area is...)
- Always great foodMcs87Dined on 4/4/2012I go regularly to the Fakhreldine and I always love it - one of the best restaurants in London! Food is tasty, service very good and atmosphere too, especially with the view on Green Park. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Fakhreldine - Tasty food andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2012Fakhreldine - Tasty food and good service - good value with Top table deal although two mezzes and one main is a little too much food for me but not for my husband!
- lovely ambience,friendly staffSingleladydinerDined on 3/4/2012lovely ambience,friendly staff and good well presented food.glad i had the 50 per cent deal including cocktails as otherwise i think it would be overpriced but would generally reccommend