Farm @ Friday Street
15, Friday Street, Langney
Eastbourne, BN23 8APNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
Farm @ Friday Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farmfridaystreet.com/
- Phone: 01323 766049
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Gastro Pub, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Elisa Moyle Rosser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Although we don't hire out the whole pub there are several areas that are great for individual parties and we will be more than happy to discuss a special menu for you or any specific requirements that you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Worman 01323 766049
- Entertainment: Background music
A word from Farm @ Friday Street
The Farm is a beautiful pub with open fires and log burning stoves serving traditional hearty British food using the best seasonal ingredients available to us. We also offer a selection of well kept cask ales and a carefully chosen wine list most of which are available by the glass.The atmosphere is informal and relaxed so whether you want to pop in for a quiet drink, a special celebration or a quick bite to eat you will always be welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Farm @ Friday Street - Best restaurants in Eastbourne ›
Farm @ Friday Street reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since 27 November 2013
sunday lunch (65)special occasions (50)fit for foodies (35)group bookings (30)romance (20)brunch (20)child friendly (19)business meals (18)good vegetarian options (17)outdoor eating (14)outstanding value (10)disabled access (9)afternoon tea (7)pre/post theatre (4)Show More
- sunday lunchjbp2892Dined on 16/11/2014Sunday lunch normally amazing but staff in a rush including chef. Food not cooked properly. Just rushed. Very expensive for tiny roast.. disapointed!!Special Features:
- spikeyMikeDined on 15/11/2014We had a late lunch here for the first time, we had already had some breakfast before and decided to return. We were blown away by the menu as we are an unusual family. I am a veggie my wife a total carnivore and my fussy eating son (8). We all hoped the offerings were as described as everyone had great choice. We were not left wanting the Chef was superb (a description not given lightly), the service brilliant and the cost just. To end we have already booked for Xmas lunch and my wife's up-coming birthday - well done The Farm keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food at The FarmJenWenDined on 14/11/2014Four of us ate at The Farm on Friday night (14 Nov 2014) and all of us really enjoyed our meals. We all said that we would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the worse meals I have had.pcc70Dined on 7/11/2014My chicken liver parfait was closer to a scoop of over whipped grainy mousse, the lack of flavour was impressive. The bread had zig zags of balsamic syrup all over it. My partner's chicken and chorizo roulade was bland, as in where was the chorizo? Oh that may possibly be it there! The mains both seriously lacked the relevant protein, it appears all items of the dishes are cooked separately, this includes dumplings, and then assembled within a deep dish, including your potatoes and veg and then smeared with generic sauces that just resemble the alleged flavour of said dish. The biggest issue I can see is that simply very little money is spent on the raw produce and yet they are charging the customer premium prices.
- Excellent as alwaysRichster64Dined on 31/10/2014It's always a pleasure to dine here. The menu is different every day, but usually includes some pub classic favourites as well as tasty specials. We have been here many times and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Call first10roastpotatosDined on 26/10/2014booked online at 6ish on Sunday evening to arrive at 730 as we fancied a roast and didn't want a Toby, got rung at 640ish and was told no roasts Went anyway but half the mains had run out as well, partner had the last salmon so now that was off the menu However what little food they did have was ok and the service was ok Shame they didn't have any food, they did explain they'd been extremely busy but 730 for dinner isn't late and it is a Resturant at the end of the day We will go back again as I still want my roast but will defiantly call ahead just in caseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is 18:20 late on a Sunday?JBDEDined on 26/10/2014We ordered some drinks at the bar, were shown to our table, handed the menu's. We made our choices. The waitress approached, we went to place our order. "Oh we have NO Roasts left, we've been busy!" So that was two main courses of the four, unavailable. A quick re-think was needed. Ordered two starters, four mains. All seemed ok. A few minutes later. "Sorry we don't have the Gammon, Sold out!" Ok a quick re-think! Order replaced. A few minutes later, "Sorry, we don't have one of your starters!" Another quick re think! Food came, (1 of 4 our original choices of mains & 1 of 2 from starters) and all was excellent! But really, surely 6:20pm isn't that late in the day to be "Sold out" of so much??Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJimboDined on 25/10/2014Two of the three of us had the Pig's Cheeks for the main course. Extremely tasty. Member of staff advised us that they had been braised for eight hours! That's the pig cheeks not the staff! Service friendly. However there was an error with one of the starters (we got garlic ciabatta when we had ordered ciabatta with oils). Also I do wish that one member of the waiting staff had not referred to us as "Guys". We all know what happens to "Guys" at this time of the year! "Folks" would have been more acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOneHappyDinerDined on 24/10/2014Have been twice now and never disappointed. Its not your typical gastropub at the farm. Service is always with a smile and very attentive. It was busier this time and we still felt as though we weren't forgotten for a second. The food however is on another level as far as pub grub goes. The range of dishes on the menu is fantastic with everything from your normal pub food to something with a bit more flare or unusual. The portions are spot on too! The drink selection is vast as well with local brews available not just your typical mainstream junk seen in most other pubs. All in all a fantastic place to drink and dine and a mile above all other gastropubs we've tried in the area and those surrounding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchTaste2tasteDined on 19/10/2014Had a lovely visit and enjoyed beautiful food. Menu vast and four different roasts were enjoyed. Vegetables cooked perfectly and a good variety. Not cheap but worth it. Very good atmosphere and good service too. Plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014The restaurant was very noisy, but I suppose you have to expect that on Friday night. The service was very good, friendly, quck enough and accommodating. The food was OK but just OK. It was overpriced and basically I was rather disappointed. I ordered a fillet steak which was priced at £22.50 and I expected a really good steak for that price but I was given a rather sad, thin little steak which despite asking for rare came a little over-done. It was accompanied by skinny fries which were over seasoned and frankly a bit of a let down and obviously out of a packet. There was a sauce in a pot and at least it gave some flavour to the steak which was otherwise tasteless. The only other thing on the plate was a bit of rocket. Very disappointing.
- Don't Eat LateDinehappyDined on 11/10/2014It is a beautiful setting but food does not live upto prices. When arrived one menu choice was informed run out of, then my order choice was then returned run out, next choice both my friend and I chose and only one left! Not much else I wanted.... The pork I eventually had was dry and nothing special. I do love the ambience but not the food...
- BobbyDined on 5/10/2014A first class experience. Food, service and ambience all excellent. A bonus was the wonderful singer guitarist.Special Features:
- eatoutalotDined on 4/10/2014We have been going to the restaurant for many years now and have in the last year become vegetarians and the menu does limit us so our visits are less frequent. Great atmosphere and superbly trained team looking after us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnandChrisDined on 4/10/2014Come to The Farm for the best steaks in Eastbourne. Good for real ale enthuiasts too. We've dined here a dozen times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Impressed at first visitjpbvilleDined on 28/9/2014We booked Farm @ Friday Street as a second option as our preferred restaurant for Sunday lunch was fully booked. Upon arrival we were greeted by the barman and who took us to our table. All the waiting staff were pleasant and attentive. The ambience of the restaurant excellent, It is a large venue but the layout makes it feel very cosy. Drinks arrived promptly and our food order was delivered within a comfortable time period. The food presentation was excellent, the vegetables cooked entirely to our liking and the meal was delicious. I was very impressed and we will be taking friends there in the future. Sadly for them our preferred restaurant has now been replaced by the Farm @ Friday Street.Special Features:
- A tad overpricedTash389Dined on 27/9/2014As a group of 4 our bill was just under £150 and there wasn't any wine. One if these is the beef Wellington £24, what came on the plate was a very anemic looking pastry roll on a few strands of cabbage and some barely roasted new potatoes, with a very bitter tasting jui. On eating it the pastry was barely cooked and pretty revolting it was some type of shirtcrust and was peeled off to reveal the inside. The beef was medium inside and very tender with the expected crushed mushrooms around it. This was then wrapped in a pancake (soggy tasteless) then the pastry.. My advice stay clear. The profiteroles were plain, bland, hard and verging on stale. But love the banana. Staff very friendly and helpful and run of their feet as a very busy night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday lunchKlm7Dined on 21/9/2014Must say will definitely be back for another Sunday lunch. Food was beautiful. Also the live singer/guitarist made it even better. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- out of stockOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 20/9/2014The 2 meals we wanted Barnsley Chop and haddock smokie not avalible
- What can I say.......DixieDined on 18/9/2014Excellent quality of food. Presentation was imaginative of the duck dish which half our party choose although it difficult to decide. The duck was served with sweet potato and a strawberry jus.Staff are attentive although not intrusive.. For us one of the added extras is that our black lab is welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Lunch HeavenCharlieDined on 31/8/2014Straight to our reserved table with our drinks food came quickly loads of great veg delicious and not too expensive.With lovely food like this who wants to cook Sunday Lunch at home.You can have a cheaper Sunday Lunch but the quality at The Farm is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerAndyLDined on 30/8/2014Having had meals here previously and all the family enjoying the experience I decided to take a London friend here for her birthday after visiting the Towner Gallery. It did not let us down and both I and my guest had a truly lovely dinner and were not hassled to hurry up whilst we sat and had a long catch up chat over the meal. The Oast house rustic feel and the warmth of the staff made it all a memorable experience. My friend is only sorry that she lives too far away to bring her friends here as well. Top Marks. Would also like to say the Ladies' Loo is fresh and handwash lotion lovely.Special Features:
- Always goodHappydinerDined on 24/8/2014Always good very tasty food & good drinks choices. Excellent atmosphere, great staff team. Relaxing & excellent valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy restaurant, lovely foodpammyDined on 22/8/2014The restaurant was very busy and we couldn't find any staff when we arrived. Once we found someone and were shown to our seats the service was quite slow. The food, when it arrived, was lovely and really well cooked, worth the wait. This isn't the cheapest of pub meals around but the food is a class above the rest locally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Why is there no chicken dishes on the menu, I think the menu is poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceTash389Dined on 25/7/2014Food presentation very good, most of the food tasty Prawn gnocchi abit stodgy and bland. Lovely 'oldy woldy' building inside. They need to invest in some type of fan/aircon to circulate the air especially in this current heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014I felt that the starters could been of a better choice, people in my party found it hard to find a starter they liked. No safe options to fall back on. The chicken salad was not a good salad as expected. Plenty of main courses, don't expect to pay extra for potatoes for some of the meals. Overall I would go again, but firstly look at the menu on lineI would recommend this to a friend.
- good but gloomy and slowPatSalisburyDined on 12/7/2014Table of 6 for family get together. First visit. Overall the experience and food were good and would revisit next time in Eastbourne. Negatives. Dark - needed to use our phone lights to see food! Waited over 1 hour for starters, would have been ok if we had been pre-warned on arrival When asking a waiter after 50mins how much longer he said 'you need to understand we are very busy tonight' and walked off! Puddings were not good. pana cotta with cucumber sounded interesting but did't work, and was had the texture of a jelly not pana Creme brulee totally overcooked - grainy, more like semolina. That all said, they were very busy, and although that is not an excuse I am assured that normally their food is excellent
- ExcellentPaulDined on 12/7/2014Yet again, a great night of food and great service, menu was excellent and although was busy we had a fanatstic timeSpecial Features:
- distantpiperDined on 7/7/2014it was my wife s son s 21st.our party consisted of 1 toddler,1 teenager and 4 adults.the food was superb and the service excellent nothing was too much trouble.would thoroughly recommend the farm and look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- Good ValueBacchusDined on 6/7/2014Always good value and service, if something is wrong do not hesitate to say and the staff will see that it is sorted out as soon as possible. the food is always good and service is good sometimes slow but that depends on the day and how busy it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerDined on 30/6/2014Food was bland and pricey. Had to ask to be served.
- Could do betterJimmerDined on 22/6/2014The Farm is a unique venue with lots of potential to be a top quality pub/restaurant in Eastbourne. The beer was good & the food top drawer. I did find the service to be quite sluggish however, a bit of customer service training would turn this place into something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Father's Day brunch!RazihbDined on 15/6/2014The Farm always comes up trumps. Great quality ingredients, well cooked and an excellent welcome and service. This time we went for Father's Day brunch and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- What Happened?!Gemco83Dined on 26/5/2014We eat at Farm@Friday Street on a fairly regular basis and have always experienced great service and fantastic food. We'd booked a table for 6.30pm and when we arrived there were only 3 members of staff covering the entire restaurant and bar so the service was extremely slow. The starters were lovely, but when the main meal came out, one of the meals was wrong. We were told that they could re-cook the correct 4th meal but we would need to either eat the 3 other meals now as we'd ordered the last 3 steaks or chose something else! After waiting nearly 90mins we chose to just eat what they cooked. The meals were incredibly salty and not up to usual standards. The waitress was extremely apologetic and they did discount our meal to apologise.Special Features:
- great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/5/2014Good welcome an table service. Food options and portion sizes were very good. Lots of space an comfortable. Clean loos and easy to park the car on arrival. My friends from London were impressed by this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- distantpiperDined on 23/5/2014good attentive service, excellent food , and reasonably priced .Special Features:
- Proud to take visitors to my localdelishDined on 18/5/2014My cousins from Somerset came to visit me in Stone Cross last weekend. A first ever visit by one and the first for decades for the others. Plans to have a Sunday lunch in Hastings didn't work out so we came home and booked a table at the Farm @ Friday Street, just up the road. I've eaten there half a dozen times before and enjoyed it on most occasions. This time the food was superb: excellent steaks beautifully cooked, delicious fish with perfect risotto and lovely veggie option. The fig roll tart with Earl Grey ice cream was ingenious and delicious. The staff were efficient and attentive and the ambience was comfortable and low key. I was proud to take my visitors to such a very good local eaterie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last visit to FarmpeteDined on 6/5/2014All the meals were good except for my main course. Regrettably I chose the half ham hock. The meat itself was okay, once the mass of fat was removed, with nowhere else to put it. There was far too much liquid in the bowl - more like a lot of soup than a main course. Would definitely not recommend this dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing value roastDebbieDined on 4/5/2014We ordered a whole chicken sharing roast between 3 of us. The quality of the food was very good and there was so much! Such good value. Our friendly waits wrapped up our left over chicken to be taken home for my cat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.