Farm @ Friday Street
15, Friday Street, Langney
Eastbourne, BN23 8APNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
Farm @ Friday Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.farmfridaystreet.com/
- Phone: 01323 766049
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Gastro Pub, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Elisa Moyle Rosser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Although we don't hire out the whole pub there are several areas that are great for individual parties and we will be more than happy to discuss a special menu for you or any specific requirements that you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Worman 01323 766049
- Entertainment: Background music
A word from Farm @ Friday Street
The Farm is a beautiful pub with open fires and log burning stoves serving traditional hearty British food using the best seasonal ingredients available to us. We also offer a selection of well kept cask ales and a carefully chosen wine list most of which are available by the glass.The atmosphere is informal and relaxed so whether you want to pop in for a quiet drink, a special celebration or a quick bite to eat you will always be welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Farm @ Friday Street - Best restaurants in Eastbourne ›
Farm @ Friday Street reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since 22 May 2014
sunday lunch (67)special occasions (59)group bookings (42)fit for foodies (36)child friendly (23)brunch (20)business meals (19)good vegetarian options (18)romance (17)outdoor eating (15)outstanding value (13)afternoon tea (10)disabled access (9)pre/post theatre (4)Show More
- Sunday Lunch HeavenCharlieDined on 31/8/2014Straight to our reserved table with our drinks food came quickly loads of great veg delicious and not too expensive.With lovely food like this who wants to cook Sunday Lunch at home.You can have a cheaper Sunday Lunch but the quality at The Farm is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerAndyLDined on 30/8/2014Having had meals here previously and all the family enjoying the experience I decided to take a London friend here for her birthday after visiting the Towner Gallery. It did not let us down and both I and my guest had a truly lovely dinner and were not hassled to hurry up whilst we sat and had a long catch up chat over the meal. The Oast house rustic feel and the warmth of the staff made it all a memorable experience. My friend is only sorry that she lives too far away to bring her friends here as well. Top Marks. Would also like to say the Ladies' Loo is fresh and handwash lotion lovely.Special Features:
- Always goodHappydinerDined on 24/8/2014Always good very tasty food & good drinks choices. Excellent atmosphere, great staff team. Relaxing & excellent valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy restaurant, lovely foodpammyDined on 22/8/2014The restaurant was very busy and we couldn't find any staff when we arrived. Once we found someone and were shown to our seats the service was quite slow. The food, when it arrived, was lovely and really well cooked, worth the wait. This isn't the cheapest of pub meals around but the food is a class above the rest locally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Why is there no chicken dishes on the menu, I think the menu is poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceTash389Dined on 25/7/2014Food presentation very good, most of the food tasty Prawn gnocchi abit stodgy and bland. Lovely 'oldy woldy' building inside. They need to invest in some type of fan/aircon to circulate the air especially in this current heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014I felt that the starters could been of a better choice, people in my party found it hard to find a starter they liked. No safe options to fall back on. The chicken salad was not a good salad as expected. Plenty of main courses, don't expect to pay extra for potatoes for some of the meals. Overall I would go again, but firstly look at the menu on lineI would recommend this to a friend.
- good but gloomy and slowPatSalisburyDined on 12/7/2014Table of 6 for family get together. First visit. Overall the experience and food were good and would revisit next time in Eastbourne. Negatives. Dark - needed to use our phone lights to see food! Waited over 1 hour for starters, would have been ok if we had been pre-warned on arrival When asking a waiter after 50mins how much longer he said 'you need to understand we are very busy tonight' and walked off! Puddings were not good. pana cotta with cucumber sounded interesting but did't work, and was had the texture of a jelly not pana Creme brulee totally overcooked - grainy, more like semolina. That all said, they were very busy, and although that is not an excuse I am assured that normally their food is excellent
- ExcellentPaulDined on 12/7/2014Yet again, a great night of food and great service, menu was excellent and although was busy we had a fanatstic timeSpecial Features:
- distantpiperDined on 7/7/2014it was my wife s son s 21st.our party consisted of 1 toddler,1 teenager and 4 adults.the food was superb and the service excellent nothing was too much trouble.would thoroughly recommend the farm and look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- Good ValueBacchusDined on 6/7/2014Always good value and service, if something is wrong do not hesitate to say and the staff will see that it is sorted out as soon as possible. the food is always good and service is good sometimes slow but that depends on the day and how busy it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerDined on 30/6/2014Food was bland and pricey. Had to ask to be served.
- Could do betterJimmerDined on 22/6/2014The Farm is a unique venue with lots of potential to be a top quality pub/restaurant in Eastbourne. The beer was good & the food top drawer. I did find the service to be quite sluggish however, a bit of customer service training would turn this place into something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Father's Day brunch!RazihbDined on 15/6/2014The Farm always comes up trumps. Great quality ingredients, well cooked and an excellent welcome and service. This time we went for Father's Day brunch and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- What Happened?!Gemco83Dined on 26/5/2014We eat at Farm@Friday Street on a fairly regular basis and have always experienced great service and fantastic food. We'd booked a table for 6.30pm and when we arrived there were only 3 members of staff covering the entire restaurant and bar so the service was extremely slow. The starters were lovely, but when the main meal came out, one of the meals was wrong. We were told that they could re-cook the correct 4th meal but we would need to either eat the 3 other meals now as we'd ordered the last 3 steaks or chose something else! After waiting nearly 90mins we chose to just eat what they cooked. The meals were incredibly salty and not up to usual standards. The waitress was extremely apologetic and they did discount our meal to apologise.Special Features:
- great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/5/2014Good welcome an table service. Food options and portion sizes were very good. Lots of space an comfortable. Clean loos and easy to park the car on arrival. My friends from London were impressed by this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- distantpiperDined on 23/5/2014good attentive service, excellent food , and reasonably priced .Special Features:
- Proud to take visitors to my localdelishDined on 18/5/2014My cousins from Somerset came to visit me in Stone Cross last weekend. A first ever visit by one and the first for decades for the others. Plans to have a Sunday lunch in Hastings didn't work out so we came home and booked a table at the Farm @ Friday Street, just up the road. I've eaten there half a dozen times before and enjoyed it on most occasions. This time the food was superb: excellent steaks beautifully cooked, delicious fish with perfect risotto and lovely veggie option. The fig roll tart with Earl Grey ice cream was ingenious and delicious. The staff were efficient and attentive and the ambience was comfortable and low key. I was proud to take my visitors to such a very good local eaterie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last visit to FarmpeteDined on 6/5/2014All the meals were good except for my main course. Regrettably I chose the half ham hock. The meat itself was okay, once the mass of fat was removed, with nowhere else to put it. There was far too much liquid in the bowl - more like a lot of soup than a main course. Would definitely not recommend this dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing value roastDebbieDined on 4/5/2014We ordered a whole chicken sharing roast between 3 of us. The quality of the food was very good and there was so much! Such good value. Our friendly waits wrapped up our left over chicken to be taken home for my cat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion sizes smallhabaxDined on 3/5/2014Our party had 4 people and we all had specials but all felt portions were small, especially for pruce. Unsure whether your pub classics poryions are better.Special Features:
- PerfectMrandMrsPDined on 25/4/2014Perfect food, perfect service, perfect atmosphere - everytime we've been here. We will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday Lunchkg001Dined on 20/4/2014I took my parents for lunch on Easter Sunday. The Farm is a restored farmhouse and barn (some of it authentic, I imagine it had to be completely rebuilt). The service was very good and the food much better than we expected for a small chain of pubs. The Yorkshire Puds were epic. Lots of locally sourced ingredients...I loved the apple juice from Lamberhurst. Recommended for families, couples and groups. Lovely Sunday Lunch much better than expected for a small chain of pubsSpecial Features:
- Disappointing DinnerDinnerGuestDined on 11/4/2014For some time The Farm has been our favourite venue for eating and drinking with friends. On this occasion the staff were friendly, the atmosphere was great and the menu, as always tempting. However, we were really disappointed with the food.The presentation was pretty but impractical. We don't want to eat from a long thin board with chips in a basket; my friend did not want her fish on a slate slab. Just a nice round plate will do. How can a wooden board be hygienic, even?? It was also the wrong shape to make dining easy. The burgers we had were not up to their usual standard. The meat and the bread were really tough, and the chip portions were tiny. My friend was unable to eat her gravadlax, as the salmon tasted odd and looked quite grey.
- Family mealJoLFCDined on 10/4/2014Excellent choices and excellent portion sizes, BUT a lack of children's menu was frustrating - the 'small' was a great size only as my children have HUGE appetites (phew!) I do feel it was a tad pricey.Special Features:
- Booking problemsyetiDined on 6/4/2014Phoned to try to book a table and was told they were fully booked. Went on line via toptable and were able to book. When we arrived the pub/restaurant didn't seem very busy so we asked about the booking problem we'd had and were told that it was because they only had a small kitchen so they try to keep the bookings managable. The food, service etc was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMarkymarkDined on 6/4/2014I booked a table for my family and parents as I was away mothers day weekend. The majority of the party enjoyed their food. However, I was disappointed in the soup as a starter, the flavour was a little lacking and the piece of bread was extremely dry. I had the Macaroni cheese for main course, It was very bland, not particularly cheesy and if i'm honest definitely not worth £9.95 for a pasta dish with not much cheese. I had the rice pudding with caramel and apple, which was luke warm and the rice verging on crunchy. As I mentioned earlier, the rest of my party enjoyed their food, especially the roast, So i was not going to spoil their enjoyment by complaining. We do go to the "Farm' regularly and don't mind paying the 'extra'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choice for non meat eatersepicuresDined on 29/3/2014Our first and possibly last visit to Farm. Having been impressed by the sister restaurant at The Mark Cross we anticipated the same quality and choice at this venue but were extremely disappointed. In this age when eating meat should not be the only option Farm was perceived by us as very backward looking in its available options. The days of one main course choice for a vegetarian are long gone in many establishments which aim to please a wide cross section of diners.
- A bad hair dayhiphopDined on 23/3/2014Usually happy with menu and service but on this occasion none of us had our first choice options available which spoilt the evening.Special Features:
- great place for good foodjaydeeDined on 23/3/2014great place for good food in and 'old world' pub setting always good service and always good and fresh foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchSusiesnipsDined on 23/3/2014I have been to the farm 3 times now and have to say the food has always been great, maybe a little bit expensive but worth every penny. We went for Sunday lunch this time and being fussy with my roasts I was hesitant, but have to say it was the best roast I have ever had out at a restaurant! So well done and thank you for a lovely meal.Special Features:
- Online BookingChrisRDined on 16/3/2014I used the Top Table online service to book a table for 8 only to find that when some of my guests arrived before me they were told that we had no booking. When I arrived and showed a member of staff my email confirming my reservation did they then seat us. Service was slow and after 25 mins one of us had to ask waitress to take our order. I have eaten here on many occasions and never had a problem and have always been satisfied. At then end of our meal I went to ask why our reservation hadn't been made using the online system and wasn't that impressed with the response. Let's just hope this is a one off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really happy to eatKermitDined on 15/3/2014Always really happy to eat here. The staff are always friendly and the food is always very good. Well presented and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a lovely lunch, generousMaggieDined on 14/3/2014we had a lovely lunch, generous portions and very well cooked and served.My husband is vision impaired and we found that you are not very disabled friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sunday Lunch !CharlieDined on 9/3/2014Lovely Sunday Lunch with good service, not too expensive. I"'ll be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the farmjd01Dined on 8/3/2014Good ambiance and our table was waiting for us, despite having had to change booking time. Excellent choice on menu. Pity the pie arrived as meat with an oblong of pastry rather than a real pie. Gilthead bream was excellent and wonderful choice of desserts. Rhubarb and vanilla pie with ice cream really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sundaly lunchOscardleDined on 2/3/2014Took two children and an elderly relative to the Farm at Friday Street for lunch on Sunday, and we had just the most amazing meal! Good service and very friendly. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always.Caz13Dined on 1/3/2014Top quality food warm and welcoming staff One of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceChrisRDined on 23/2/2014We eat at the Farm on a regular basis, and have never had a bad thing to say about the food or service. The food is always excellent. Service is always spot on. The pub is great for an intimate meal or a large family booking. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice people, good foodDebSamDined on 22/2/2014always lovely seeing the hard-working team at the farm, always a pleasure to eat there