Filini Restaurant at Radisson Blu Birmingham
12 Holloway Circus
Birmingham, B1 1BTNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Filini Restaurant at Radisson Blu Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-bristol/restaurants
- Phone: 0121 654 6098
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Filini Restaurant at Radisson Blu Birmingham
Reached by an open staircase from reception, Filini is the chic, spacious, softly-lit restaurant of Birmingham’s eye-catching Radisson Blu Hotel. At one end are an open kitchen and a wood-fired pizza oven. Throughout are walnut floors, mirrors and floor-to-ceiling windows encouraging a sense of brightness and space. The menu is Italian, with an emphasis on quality ingredients and classic cooking techniques; diners can expect to be tempted by dishes like Carpaccio of beef with rocket salad and shaved parmesan cheese; or braised lamb shank in red wine. The menu features a range of antipasti (including three sharing options), risottos, pastas, pizzas and secondi such as sea bass with potato and guazzetto sauce. Customers rate the pleasant, welcoming ambience; capable and friendly service and quality Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Filini Restaurant at Radisson Blu Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since 24 November 2013
business meals (3)pre/post theatre (2)romance (2)special occasions (2)fit for foodies (1)good vegetarian options (1)group bookings (1)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Disappointedclements7VIPDined on 25/10/2014I have dined here previously but I was told the menu had been changed and I found the choice quite limited. The pumpkin soup was excellent. My friend and I had the sea bass which was served with a crust of cheese that did not complement the fish. The sauce was much too sweet (maybe honey) and I did not finish my meal. A generous amount of vegetables accompanied the meal and had I known I would not have ordered a side order of mixed vegetables (it would be helpful if the waiter pointed this out). The carrots were to hard to cut but the peas were nice. Although this venue is extremely convenient for the theatre I am unsure whether I would return.Special Features:
- DeliciousDsK84Dined on 6/10/2014Filini Birmingham is a stunning venue with excellent service and the food is truly delicious. I had the risotto cakes for starter which were crunchy on the outside and soft and cheesy in the middle. For main the swordfish with anchovies, capers, rocket was sublime. The side of Garlic butter potatoes was a perfect accompaniment. I should add that the service provided by Katie was attentive without being intrusive. I will definitely be going back to try more of the menu. Only downside the menu is a little pricey and the Restaurant does close relatively early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soullessGilly50Dined on 1/8/2014Initially only two people in whole restaurant. When we left only 5 other tables booked and it was a Friday night! Food boringly average. Over salted - even salt on the salad!!! The music was elelevator style and not Italian which would have improved the atmosphere. Waitresses very helpful and attentive but then they were not exactly rushed off their feet!!! Overall a very disappointing experience and not one I will ever repeat.
- A huge disappointmentFoodieDined on 28/5/2014We were there just last week and what a turnaround last week was a wonderful experience this time around a major disaster luckily the staff were very attentive shame about the food
- Very limited for pescatariansSKHANVIPDined on 21/4/2014We ordered items from the set menu as it had similar fish options as the a la carte. One our mains had arrived we were informed they were out of the main. Very shambolic. We ordered a different main but had to pay full price. Such a shame it's not more organised.
- The following 643 reviews are from the Filini Restaurant at Radisson Blu Birmingham reviews archive.
- Not Great but not badMarleyDined on 23/11/2013Four of us choose due to reviews seen on Trip advisor. No atmosphere, yet sat night at 8pm we would have thought there should have been. Service ok , little slow with serving drinks. Food ok nothing . Risotto was perhaps the best dish and one of the party really enjoyed this, but felt it was quite a big portion. The others had cannelloni which they say was poor, pasta over cooked, way too much sauce. Quite disappointed really.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre mealSimonWDined on 6/11/2013Service was speedy and efficient. Value was OK, Food quality was good, although lacking somewhat in flavour. A good overall experience as a pre-theatre early evening dining venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealnmajDined on 5/11/2013Food was well cooked, presented and flavoured, with a modern ambiance in the department. It makes for a good meal for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Valueclements7VIPDined on 15/10/2013I dined pre theatre with two friends. The complimentary bread was excellent. We enjoyed our meal which was served promptly but we were not rushed - we were pleased about this as we were going to the theatre. The restaurant was very quiet but people were arriving as we left. We would definitely return and it is conveniently situated to the Alexandra Theatre. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2013Food was good, but the worst service of any restaurant that I can remember. Despite the restaurant being only half full, we were told we could only have a starter or a main course in the 1 1/2 hours we had before going on to the theatre. 30 minutes after giving the orders we saw the chef preparing the pizzas. The main courses arrived after 55 mins. My wife's chicken arrived after the rest of the party had finished their food, and just as I was paying the bill. We left; my wife had nothing to eat. Simply appalling.
- FilinidodgykebabDined on 8/6/2013Went to Filini's in Birmingham for our wedding anniversary. Lovely meal.The food was great.staff very curteous and helpful. Definatly going again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodtopdinerDined on 23/3/2013Great food, with a great relaxing ambience, in a dimmed (but not overly) and comfortable setting. The fillet steaks were excellent, as were the carpaccio and squid starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent customer serviceellieDined on 8/3/2013I took my boyfriend here for a birthday meal, we were hoping for good ambience and customer service and we certainly got it. The service here was excellent and the staff were attentive to all our needs, it was a lovely atmosphere. Would highly recommend for couples dating or birthday meals,thanks for making it so specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre dinner - very impressedLuciDined on 6/3/2013We took advantage of the top table 50% off mains and sides. We were welcomed warmly at just after 6pm - pre theatre. The bread basket was a treat in itself - tasty focaccia and flatbread. We skipped starters and both had sea bass with spinach and potato cake - absolutely delicious. Shared a vanilla cheesecake and strawberry ice crea. Both had a glass of prosecco. Bill came to £34 including service. Lovely atmosphere overlooking Holloway Head roundabout - nicer than it sounds! Will definitely return if that deal's still goingSpecial Features:
- Good size portionsGastronomeVIPDined on 4/3/2013Have visited Filini several times and by far on this occasion, the portions were substantial. Tagliatelle was rich and creamy, ideal for pasta lovers. The taste of the shank of lamb was overwhelmed with too much sauce, though it was cooked very well in that the meat just fell off the bone. Panna cotta was good end to the meal. Service was friendly throughout however it was efficient to start with but as tables were being filled, it slowed down dramatically to the point we had to wait 5 mins for our change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an okayish mealfoodlov3rDined on 1/3/2013Food was above average though pricey even with deal through top table. were intitally overcharged even though I had mentioned the meal deal from onset, bill was later adjusted. Where we were sat if was quite cold and had to let them know twice before temperature control was adjusted - funny thing was that they knew it was cold in the resturant.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationbargainq1Dined on 24/1/2013I'd always wanted to go to the filini restaurant as the radisson is such a great building. The restaurant had low lighting but it was intimate & romantic. We went for my mums birthday for the pre theater dinner offer. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. The food did take some time to come even though the restaurant wasn't busy & they were very apologetic & offered complimentary drinks. The main meal of seabass was lovely however it was a good job we ordered sides as it wouldn't have been enough. The dessert was lovely too as our complimentary item we had a scoop of ice cream each & it's the best pistachio ice cream I have ever had. All in all it was a good night & the toilets were very modern & cleanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restauarantssquaredDined on 11/1/2013It was a really nice location and ambience but since we booked the special thetrae menu at 5.30pm on a friday night it was relatively empty. apart from that it was really tasty food for a good price with the special menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre mealBhandiDined on 5/1/2013First visit to the Filini restaurant. The restaurant decor and fixtures were quite impressive. We chose the pre theatre offer as the price seemed extremely reasonable, there are selected menu items for this offer which is to be expected and limited choice for mains but what we ordered was presented to high level and enjoyable. Side orders such as potatoes and vegetables have to be ordered seperately which is not detailed in the pre-theatre menu offer however these are quite a small price to add on to the two course menu offer.Reasonable drinks menu and front of house service is professional and attentive from start to finish if unsure of a menu item they offer for you to sample a small portion first. Would visit again for pre theatre mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely mealweemisssunshineDined on 28/11/2012We had a great meal at Filini - food and service were both great and the wine was also excellent. The restaurant was quite cold and both of us put our scarves on while eating as the staff seemed to think it was fine. We noticed other diners had done the same too! We found it really good value, but we had the deal - it would be quite expensive without it and probably only suitable for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedClazabelleDined on 24/11/2012Great deal through TopTable but the restuarant unfortuantely didn't deliver. Half of the table's main meals had to be returned and were replaced free of charge but by the time they arrived it was late. For the other half who had enjoyed their main meals it was requested that dessert orders were taken, we didn't see our waiter again until we had to go over and request the bill! The replacement main meal plates were also left un-cleared on our table until after we left. We spoke to the manager who kindly took the 4 replacement meals and 2 bottles of wine off the bill but we then had to go over to our waiter again to ask to pay! The resturant looks pleasing and we had greatly anticipated our visit but unfortuantely were left disappointed.
- EnjoyedGreedychopsDined on 24/11/2012Good service, nice food (not exceptional), very dark restaurant with little in respect of atmosphere that being said we enjoyed it and would go again. Especially with the top table deal.Special Features:
- radi bluKALIDined on 24/11/2012The service was outstanding, the ambiance was relaxed. The food was delicious, especially the sea food stew. The. Only.problembwas that the temperature of the room was a bit too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre supperKyliegirlDined on 21/11/2012We chose the pre-theatre supper which was excellent value for 2 courses and most enjoyable. Friendly, attentive service by yhe staff made for an enjoyable start to our theatre night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely, proper Italian in BrumLDNNICKDined on 17/11/2012Nicely lit, this is a modern Italian restaurant which is comfortable, and offers a well balanced menu that goes beyond other Italian offerings in the city. I'd recommend the asparagus and poached egg to start, and the chocolate fondant with pistachio ice cream to finish in particular. The Barbera is a well priced option for red wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dined on the top table 50%gastraulDined on 17/11/2012dined on the top table 50% meal deal therfore excellent meal for the price.Very high standard of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the offer of 50% offBBDinerDined on 7/11/2012We had the offer of 50% off food without that it would have been too expensive. We enjoyed the meal and will certainly go again with an offer or perhaps the pre theatre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUnamusedDined on 3/11/2012My mother (retired chef) ordered the veal, which was fried in old oil that had been used repeatedly. After one taste she told the waitress she was not happy with it and wanted something else. When the bill came, despite only having one bite of the meal they put the whole charge onto the receipt. They then refused to remove it off the bill until we stated that we were adament we would not be paying for it. The service was poor.
- had a lovely meal. food wasreenaDined on 27/10/2012had a lovely meal. food was well prepared. service was very good.Special Features:
- Worth a tryWhPpVIPDined on 23/10/2012great selection of food, good environment, central locationSpecial Features:
- Good value on a Sat nightfor groupsGBEaterVIPDined on 20/10/2012We ate as a group of 7 on a Saturday. I was also staying as a guest at the hotel. They were able to accomodate a large group at relatively short notice. We used a food offer (25% off) which tipped the balance. The food was tasty, but not spectacular. Service was average.The food did not come out at the same time, multiple waiters, they forgot some of the sides and I had to chase for the bill. I would go back for the food, but they do need to work on the service level. GBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsBenjiDined on 19/10/2012Our pre-theatre experience was rather pleasant. This is a comfortable, stylish restaurant with views over Birmingham's Smallbrook Ringway. We had to wait a bit for our cocktails but when they arrived they were very good. The main course was excellent but we were rather disappointed by the small portions. There wasn't enough variety on the dessert menu to tempt my partner and my tiramisu was sadly lacking in coffee and alcohol. In general, a good dining experience but could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely anniversary dinnerAnonDined on 11/10/2012We went to Filini for an anniversary dinner and the romantic setting was perfect for such an occasion. We are both vegetarians and there were good choices to suit our tastes. Excellent value with the 50% off food deal. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary at fallinisundDined on 11/10/2012Very pleased with the service, staff was very courteous and friendly, they also took trouble In making a vegetarian meal which I had requested and was not on the menu. the restaurant had also provIded a completary dessert to celebrate our annIvessary whIch I thInk It was a very nIce gesture. We had a fantastic time. However meal would have been rather pricey if it was not for the 50% discount of food bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff were attentive but ambuiancefoodloverDined on 21/9/2012Staff were attentive but ambuiance was lacking. Food was average but seemed over priced
- Pre wedding DinnermystreyshopperDined on 14/9/2012We were looking for a relaxed evening meal before our daughters wedding. The service was a little slow, but the food was excellent and the resturant had no trouble catering for the two Coeliacs in the party. The staff were attentive and friendly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disgraceful!DsK84Dined on 10/9/2012I dined here with friends on 10/09/12 & our experience was horrendous. First after ordering our dishes we were informed that no Pizzas were available, then told that the Tuscan stew was not available. Finally we managed to find something on the menu that was actually available. However the Fillet Steak was awful,it was tough & had to be returned. The other diners were not keen on their Spaghetti Bolognaise. Filini still tried charging us for everything even after all their mistakes it took us about twenty minutes of arguing with the staff that they should offer some kind of compensation that they finally provided us a small discount on the bill.All in all a disgusting evening, with atrocious food and despicable service!!
- Total rubbish & rip off!SenceDined on 4/9/2012After seeing the 50% food offer on this restaurant we decided to try it out. We were in Birmingham on business & wished to treat ourselves to good food wine & service- all of which we didnt experience. Staff are all students with no knowledge of wine or food. Zero ambience & the bill a total rip off. Will not return or recommend.
- Dinner for 14!MRH01VIPDined on 3/9/2012Filini restaurant looked after us really well! We were showing at the NEC & took our reps for dinner, they catered brilliantly for us & did it with a smile. Great evening where the food was thoroughly enjoyed- would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent restaurantReSuDined on 31/8/2012The service was fabulous, couldn't fault it - we took our good time in choosing wine, drinks, starter etc and the waitress asked but didn't hound us. The decor and ambience was great - relaxed atmosphere. The wine - amazing! The food - starters were very good but the main was disappointing - it was pretty tastless and portion size was not really worth the price, this was the same for the side dishes. We didn't have dessert, nothing looked tempting enough. For me it was a good job that I had the 50% off mains offer, otherwise I would have begrudged paying the full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.