Flavors of India - Paddington
46 Gloucester Terrace, Craven Road
London, W2 3HHNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Flavors of India - Paddington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorsofindia.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074021100
- Hours of Operation:
12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun:
12:30pm - 3:30pm, 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Flavors of India - Paddington
Located in West London, just moments from Paddington Station; Flavors of India takes a modern approach to the traditional Indian dining experience. The restaurant itself is spacious and comfortable, combining vibrant colours, orange lanterns and a unique bar shaped like a tuk-tuk – the motorised rickshaws that are popular in India. Their curry chef has over 15 years of experience and previously worked in Rajasthan, so the food at Flavors of India is guaranteed to be authentic and delicious. Popular dishes include murgh makhani (butter chicken); tandoori king prawns marinated in yoghurt and spices; and tarka dal (yellow lentils simmered with onions and garlic). For lunch with colleages or a full-on feast with friends, Flavors of India is hard to beat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flavors of India - Paddington reviews from OpenTable diners
- PityProbeDined on 23/8/2013We arrived for our per-booked meal via Toptable. Only one guy in the place who seemed surprised to see us! He struggled throughout to manage our meal and he wasn't able to work the lager pump. They were clearly waiting to close. However the meal itself was fine and the service overall was pleasant. The tiny restaurant bears no resemblance to the pics on the website!Special Features:
- a good indian restauranttonydiDined on 5/12/20122nd time i was in this restaurant. tiny but confortable. Close to paddington station. Food was very good and there is enought selection. Not too good the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian at paddingtonDstopDined on 22/6/2012The restaurant was very busy that evening and service was slow due to shortage of staff Except from the the tandori chicken which was dry, all the other food were very favorable and we enjoyed our mealSpecial Features:
- Location, Location, locationWoollyCooVIPDined on 3/6/2012An booking made at the last minute quite late in the evening was accepted and we were welcomed heartily! The layout of tables is limited significantly by the fixed layout of the room and our table was right by the bar and was knocked a number of times. The food was competent Indian, though their spicy dishes were on the mild side for my taste. I have lived in India and am still searching for a great indian food. That said, for a last minute curry with good service Flavours of India gets top marks !!
- The food was pleasant, butSophiaVIPDined on 30/12/2011The food was pleasant, but nothing special; the paneer curry was the best thing on the menu in my opinion. The waiter was also not bad, but I had the impression he was new to the job, so had to be reminded of orders and seemed confused at times. This is a nice Indian restaurant if you are near Paddington - the location is perfect for the station. I would not go out of my way for it though.
- Not the most inventive menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/11/2011Not the most inventive menu, but the quality of the mains was actually high, let down by the poor popadums and mediocre service. Also, there was a slightly odd smell - thankfully the food covered this up.
- Flavours of India was ok butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/11/2011Flavours of India was ok but didn't live up to the TT reviews. Service was friendly but poor, we had to ask 3 times for the same thing. The food was ok, nothing to go out of my way to visit again.
- I went to Flavors of IndiaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2011I went to Flavors of India in Paddington/London last night with a business partner. The food was mostly very good (if you like spicey), with preference for the meat dishes over vegetarian. The seating is a bit tight as many tables have been squeezed into two medium sized floors. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. Will go back when in the Paddington area.
- First time here and definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2011First time here and definitely not my last. The food was amazing. Really good. Service was also excellent. My table ordered another bottle of wine after we finished eating and they were happy for us to sit and chat - never made us feel rushed. Would definitely recommend…
- Food was pretty tasty in generalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2011Food was pretty tasty in general although poppadums and chutneys were disappointing. Good portion sizes for the mains and quick service. On the whole, good value.
- The food was great but portionsRAACDined on 30/5/2011The food was great but portions weren't very big. The service was very slow, waited about an hour for food to arrive.
- Flavors of India was deliciousWrightyVIPDined on 26/5/2011Flavors of India was delicious from start to finish. the starters were slightly small which was not ideal but the flavour made up for it almost entirely the mains were very fresh with good use of spice for taste and heat - if you go order an extra disgh for each course!!! but go
- Fantastic food and wine atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 23/5/2011Fantastic food and wine at Flavours of India. Great value and service
- Flavors of India in LondonjonnybDined on 1/5/2011Flavors of India in London was a lovely little find off toptable. I would highly recommend the mixed grill started as the flavors are divine, thought be warned that for some the "mild" dishes may sometimes have a little after kick.
- We had a really enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011We had a really enjoyable time, a nice, relaxing meal. It was quite quiet, but we went early evening, as we had trains to catch. It is a great place to go to get to Paddington, about 5 minutes walk away. The food was fantastic, the portions were a good size - no room for pudding! The food took a while to come, but they did apologise, as they were watching the cricket at the time! I would definitely recommend Flavours of India!
- Very good India food. StartersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2011Very good India food. Starters were awesome. Small place.
- Flavors of India was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2011Flavors of India was very dissapointing. from the reviews i read i was expecting an above average indian but in fact the staff were uninterested (not what you normally get when 4 guys go to an indian!) we had to pester them to get drinks after we had been there 10 mins. The food was below average for any indian and £30 a head for a quick meal with 2 drinks each seemed very steep. I'm also always annoyed when restaurants don't bother to clean well. won't be going back.
- I visited Flavors of IndiaColDeBilDined on 15/2/2011I visited Flavors of India in Paddington on 15 February, sitting upstairs which was cozier than the ground floor, but was quite cramped. Not much room to navigate between tables if anyone else was standing up. Food was good, although my chicken tikka shashlik was a little grizzly (I even wondered if it might have been lamb!). Flavours were good, though, and I particularly enjoyed my starter of Chilli Pakora. Not large portions, but filling. Not worth a detour, but good if you are in W2.
- Flavors of India, London:OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 26/11/2010Flavors of India, London: for reliable, straightforward and well-priced Indian food, eat here.
- Flavours of India is not amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 23/10/2010Flavours of India is not amazing, but the food was decent. I wouldn't be rushing to head back, but we wanted an Indian near Paddington and it was a reasonable choice. Onion Bhajis had flavour and good texture, My Rogan Ghosh had good flavours: all in all a satisfactory meal.
- I booked Flavors of IndiaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 13/10/2010I booked Flavors of India as I wanted to eat curry & be near Paddington in order to catch a train. I was not expecting to be so surprised! But the food was simply delicious: the flavours are subtle & varied, including the best dahl makhani I have eaten in London. The staff were charming & the restaurant has an intimate & quirky feel to it (the bar is not a tuk-tuk, as mentioned here on this site, but the front of a TATA lorry!). I will definitely make a special trip to return here.
- Flavors of India was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/9/2010Flavors of India was really good, I couldn't fault it and the service was fantastic.
- Fantastic meal with attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 21/9/2010Fantastic meal with attentive and informative service.
- what an ambienec.. was lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2010what an ambienec.. was looking for such a place in central london where I can actually taste the great indian food..and I do not regret to come here..was a fantastic evening with excellent service..keep it up..
- I met a friend who was strandedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 23/4/2010I met a friend who was stranded because of the volcano at Flavors of India in Paddington. At first it was empty, which had us wondering. But only a few minutes after we sat it started filling up and we could see why. The food was delicious, the service was friendly and the overall atmosphere was fun! I would love to go back and try more dishes, because everything we had tasted great!
- Excellent food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 23/2/2010Excellent food, great service and a good ambiance. Value for money in this location is superb.
- The food here is really tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 15/1/2010The food here is really tasty but it's a struggle to get a spicy dish. Even when I asked specifically for a dish noted on the menu as being spciy to be more spciy it was mild- and I'm not one of those crazy people who likes things insanely hot! Still, the food is always good quality with lots of flavour, the service is friendly and its a cute little place to eat dinner. I've been lots of time and I'll go again- maybe with my own chillies next time!
- Flavors of India is well locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2010Flavors of India is well located for Paddington Station. The welcome was good and the service pretty good. The quality of the food was average for an Indian although I would rate the Onion Bhajis and the Biryani Chicken (very aromatic) as above average. Overall good value and a pleasant experience.
- Really good quality Indian.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2009Really good quality Indian. Food is always delicious and some of the best Onion Baji I've had. Cute little place too, noce and cosy.
- I wanted a restaurant nearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2009I wanted a restaurant near to Paddington station as I was meeting a friend off a train. This one looked good and although the venue wasn't quiet what I was expecting - it's quite small with a spiral staircase up to the top floor - I was made to feel very welcome. The food and service were very good and for a Tuesday night the restaurant was packed - all for a very reasonable price. It's not the Ritz but if you want a decent Indian meal near to Paddington station I'd certainly recommend this one.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 23/10/2009Great food and great service. I'll be heading back there soon.
- We vistied Flavors of IndiaIvafahDined on 2/10/2009We vistied Flavors of India in Gloucester Terr., London, on a Friday evening. We were 10 all together and the place really deliveres; top service, high quality food and a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Highly recomended!!
- Flavors of India was a welcomingSteakadidict528Dined on 28/8/2009Flavors of India was a welcoming and cosy restaurant near to Lancaster Gate Tube. The meal was served quickly and stood apart from many Indian restaurants in that each dish had clearly defined flavors. Would certainly go again.
- Once again exceeded expection.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 26/8/2009Once again exceeded expection. Requested some dishes off the menu. These were great. Going to recommed this place to all my colleagues.
- Great atmosphere, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 26/6/2009Great atmosphere, excellent food! Long wait for food though.
- Super meal, Amdy (Manager)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 13/6/2009Super meal, Amdy (Manager) and his staff bent over backwards to accomadate me. Cannot rate highly enough, (I didn't visit toilet)
- As ever at Flavors of India,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2009As ever at Flavors of India, the food was delicious and the staff delightful. Highly recommended.
- Sweet venue with deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 26/5/2009Sweet venue with delicious food. Music was quite odd but the staff were very nice.
- nice decor, a bit hard sellingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 19/5/2009nice decor, a bit hard selling staff, but good food! do not try mouth freshener!!! tastes like washing powder or deodorant!
- A good honest meal at FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2009A good honest meal at Flavors of India - well cooked and very pleasant service.