34 - 36 Houndsditch
London, EC3A 7DBNeighbourhood:
TurkishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.forarestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076262222
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Fora Restaurant
Welcome to Fora! We are here to bring the highest level of quality Mediterranean cuisine and service. We are pround to present it and hope you enjoy it!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Fora Restaurant - Best restaurants in Aldgate ›
Fora Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since 24 October 2013
business meals (107)group bookings (106)outstanding value (91)special occasions (84)good vegetarian options (69)romance (69)fit for foodies (58)pre/post theatre (25)child friendly (12)brunch (8)disabled access (7)sunday lunch (6)outdoor eating (3)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- SingaporeVIPDined on 14/10/2014Fora Restaurant - I booked this for a team dinner on Tuesday. I requested we be seated away from the main dining area as we were a table of 12. They obliged and seated us just in from of the bar which was a nice location. There was someone playing a guitar and he was fantastic. The overall ambience and service was great. Everybody loved the food and venue. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely atmosphere delicious foodfoodie2012Dined on 9/10/2014I've been here a few times and the staff here have never failed to deliver the best service! The food is authentic and I always enjoyed every dish I order. The mezes are a prefect size to share and the meat dishes are also highly recommended. Would suggest to come early as there is a huge lunch time rush and would definitely try the fresh mint tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value and serviceMM12Dined on 8/10/2014Booked this for an post work jolly and to celebrate some team birthdays. The staff were lovely, the food was plentiful and great value on the set menus. It wasn't very busy but we had booked early on a Wednesday night so perfect for us. They even gave the birthday people a free shot! I would definitely come back for a team outing.Special Features:
- Better than Hazbarrowboy77VIPDined on 30/9/2014Unbeatable value 50% off set menu price to £17.50 per person including glass of bubbly each. For a set menu the selection is well chosen, with hot and cold starters then choice of main meal. Really tasty food and a generous size. The staff here are so friendly in a natural way - very hospitable and you feel at home. Granted this place is packed with City Business types at lunchtime so may be a totally different experience, but mid week evening is lovely and they give you there full attention. Even offered complimentary liquors when one of my party, assisted a worker who dropped some cutlery in picking them up - gesture did not go unnoticed by the Manager. A delightful touch and I will be definitely coming again.
- SingaporeVIPDined on 30/9/2014Booked for a lunch meeting for my manager. Food is good as always with polite waiters. However it was busy/ noisy in the restaurant and wasn't a agreat venue for a meeting. I have still made a group booking for a team dinner the ambience and overall experience is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and NiceBallistixxDined on 27/9/2014Extremely valuable for a city restaurant, Will go back again... esp before i hit the clubsSpecial Features:
- last minute bookingTrisDined on 27/9/2014Booked last minute to take my folks. The food was, as previous visit was really good, hearty and plentiful. The downside what I found annoying was that the belly dancer kept going round tables to get people to dance. No thanks. You dance I eat....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014I booked this for a meal with some old friends last Thursday - hadn't been before and wasn't disappointed. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced as well for the quality. The restaurant itself has a nice ambience and the service was great. Highly recommend it all round and I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/9/2014I did the 50% off belly dancing evening. It was slightly misleading as I was expecting to pay £10 per person, but £20 is the 50% off. However there was nowhere else on the menu that suggested a set meal was £40. It would be much better value to choose one of the other set menus which are cheaper. The belly dancing only lasted 15 minutes which was disappointing, especially as the dancer was amazing!! The staff were accommodating although we always had to call out to them which doesn't bother me, but bothers other people. Overall I would recommend this place for a quiet and relaxing evening!Special Features:
- Turkish delightsunnyDined on 12/9/2014Absolutely loved it. Fantastic food and excellent service for the whole of our visit. Staff were attentive but not overpowering - - quietly efficient throughout. Would definitely go back if we are in London againSpecial Features:
- Service inconsistantShendornDined on 11/9/2014The service was great from some and mediocre from others. Generally the guys were very professional and the girls very miserable. Food was amazing as usual. We had a lovely meal.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTJewelsDined on 6/9/2014What can I say, not a single fault with this restaurant, the atmosphere, the waiters/waitresses, the food, the entertainment, it was such a special night all for £20 each!!! I would highly highly recommended this restaurant especially for birthday bookings, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- EnjoyablerecucoDined on 5/9/2014We went for 1st time here with our two children. The food is very nice, the quality is good. The place is quiet thus it is therefore better for family and group meals. The service is good on the whole and the staff are helpful. The portions are generous. Overall, its a wonderful and quiet place to go with family, friends or business meals. The time was very enjoyable. We will come back soon.Special Features:
- soluvgoodfoodDined on 29/8/2014My husband, daughter and I love Turkish food and this was some of the best we've ever had. The portions were generous and excellent value for money. Good price range on wines. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very goodscottyqtDined on 29/8/2014A really good restaurant with great food. Service was good and attentive. A good place to go for a business lunch.Special Features:
- good valueJustVisitingDined on 23/8/2014A very nice atmosphere, attentive waiting staff. Food is good value - the lamb shank is nicely done, moist yet fall-off-the-bone good. The mixed meza starter recommended by the server was a very good introduction to a variety of turkish delicacies that we wouldn't have tried otherwise.Special Features:
- Good foodZensterDined on 23/8/2014The waiter was very accommodating, the starters were fresh and served quickly and the mains were flavoursome and well-portioned. The belly dancing was interesting too! Will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- Another enjoyable mealLadybird001Dined on 21/8/2014Yet again Fora delivered great food and service. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedSealGirlDined on 20/8/2014I went with a friend for a mid-week dinner. It was really quiet which was a bit of a shame. However, the Speilberg lookalike guitar player added a lovely atmosphere. The staff were really friendly and informative. The food was great value and the main course with the meat and matchstick potatoes was really, really delicious. A great little place, would definitely return.Special Features:
- lorraineDined on 12/8/2014we went for a business dinner and the whole evening was very pleasant - we had the weekly deal which si great value and the food was delicious - we will be going back again soonSpecial Features:
- Lovely FoodJaimeredDined on 12/8/2014Can't fault it, good service, good food!!! (and annoying that I have to write 50 characters in this review - when some-things are just simple)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GreatPorky1950Dined on 9/8/2014We dined at Fora on Saturday night, the service and food were excellent. The live music and a Belly Dancer (@9pm) were a nice addition. Could have been even better if the restaurant had a few more customers. Will definitely go again when we are in that part of the London.Special Features:
- definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 31/7/2014First time at Fora, was pleasantly surprised. Great service. Main courses were large. Good live music and good value for money set meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always without fault!GemmaVIPDined on 29/7/2014Another amaxing visit to Fora.. service.. food.. what is to moan about.. possibly my fav place to eat in the citySpecial Features:
- Fora is the new Hazbarrowboy77VIPDined on 25/7/2014First time there, absolutely brilliant food and exceptionally quick service, especially knowing that most of their lunch time partons are City workers! Set menu came with a vast amount of small plates i.e starters and mains / hot and cold. More than enough for two to share. Amazing breads. Really friendly and engaging staff. Will definitely be going there again and my former favorite type of this type of food, Haz..... I don't think I'll be visiting as a first choice anymore. Only slight gripe is when full you are quite close to the table next to you so not very private.Special Features:
- You should try this placeDarrenJDined on 18/7/2014I met here with an old colleague to have lunch. The food was superb and such great value for a restaurant in the heart of the city. The veggie options were great, as were the meat options for my old colleague. The wine was reasonably priced too. Definitely worth a visit if you are looking for lunch in the CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopoDined on 17/7/2014Very friendly service, knowledgeable and attentive. Food was very tasty. Will definitely pop in again.Special Features:
- Great valuefoodforoccasionsDined on 11/7/2014We had the special menu with a glass of bubbly and it was all very good. A wide selection of Meze which was a meal in itself. A guitarist was playing which added to the atmosphere. Would certainly return if in the area.Special Features:
- Good, reliable foodtodsDined on 11/7/2014Met up with friends on a Friday evening in July and had a very pleasant evening using the OpenTable offer. The starters and main courses were delicious and we shared a plate of gooey puddings. Great value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent service as alwaysRichieDined on 11/7/2014The food was exceptional as usual. Been using this restaurant for some time and the high standards never seem to slipSpecial Features:
- First visit and glad we came!EnjoyingLondonDined on 10/7/2014We came for an early evening dinner. The food was good, staff were helpful and attentive, the music nice and the toilets were really clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality foodluvcakeDined on 8/7/2014First time visit for the guests and it lived up to the praise that I'd already heaped on Fora. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!brktbrDined on 5/7/2014it was our first wedding anniversary and I wasnt sure if it was the right choice. But both the service and food proved that it couldnt have been better. thanks a lot and looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Kate470Dined on 4/7/2014It was an amazing dinner! We booked a table with a 50% discount, so we had cold and hot starters, main course and bubbly included. The service was fantastic and live music (an awesome guitar player) will make this place and this evening unforgettable :) I already recommended this place to my friends! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and great valueKDCarltonDined on 27/6/2014We went to flora and had the set menu with 50% off. The food was delicious, great choice and lovely serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiviDined on 5/6/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. The food is always good and the service is normally outstanding. However, I was deeply disappointed on this visit, I don't know if the management has changed, but it seems to have lost its sparkle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantNicholasDined on 5/6/2014This is the first time I've been to Fora Restaurant. It was a business lunch. The whole experience was brilliant. The restaurant is clean and neat. We were given a quiet table as requested. The service was excellent, friendly, helpful and always with a smile and the desire to fulfil our every request. The food was good and varied Turkish cuisine (I go to Istanbul on business frequently so I am judging on that standard) and very good value for money. Thinking back I cannot think of anything to niggle about.Special Features:
- Great valuemilaneseVIPDined on 2/6/2014Set meal, including a glass of Italian pink fizz, provides a great choice of dishes. Portions are substantial.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/5/2014Great food, and amazing atmosphere with live gutiarist and belly dancer! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- yummy1810julesDined on 30/5/2014Good food and good value on set menu, turkish wine was drinkable. Service charge of 12.5% is a bit steep but everywhere seems to do that now. Service was good.Special Features: