79 Royal Hospital Road
London, SW3 4HNNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/foxtrotoscar/
- Phone: 02073524448
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Lunch: 12pm - 3:45pm
Dinner: 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Foxtrot Oscar
Foxtrot Oscar is a local bistro in the heart of Chelsea, providing a fantastic menu in a friendly and relaxed environment. The restaurant offers simple, classic dishes using quality British ingredients accompanied with welcoming and competent service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
Foxtrot Oscar - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Foxtrot Oscar reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since 30 October 2013
special occasions (106)romance (95)fit for foodies (94)business meals (72)sunday lunch (60)pre/post theatre (41)brunch (32)outstanding value (31)group bookings (27)good vegetarian options (22)child friendly (16)afternoon tea (7)outdoor eating (6)disabled access (6)Show More
- Dining with friendsIlariaLDined on 18/9/2014Me and my three friends (the restaurant is small so not recoended for big groups) had and excellent dinner with simple but delicious dishes. The good service and the beautiful setting in Chelsea added to our experience a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad decorHungryDined on 15/9/2014Disappointed lunch menu was not the same as menu on-line. Food very good but had to use alacarte menu which was more expensive than we had planned. Decor poor, but understand is closing for refurb. Lacked atmosphere.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2014The staff and food at Foxtrot Oscar were excellent. I would return to this restaurant and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobodyuknowDined on 7/9/2014It was an average meal, the waiters were attentive, but it took ages to be served, especially as the restaurant was only 20% full. Also, Foxtrot is marketed as 'Modern British' Well, Gnocchi is hardly British, and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is hardly modern.
- Saturday lunchRalph12Dined on 6/9/2014Food good staff very accommodating bit quiet but was Saturday afternoon deserts very tastySpecial Features:
- Reasonable1Dined on 2/9/2014The corn soup was lovely, as was the fish. The duck was extremely tough and chewy. Service was indifferent. I believe the restaurant is closing soon, perhaps that's why. I wouldn't return.
- good food & well balanced service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/8/2014It was eerily quiet for a sunday lunch but then I suppose on bank holidays central london is often like that. Food (roast beef) was excellent. Pudding was also delicious so no complaints at all. Well priced for what we had (2xroast, 2xpudding and 4glasses of prosecco came in at roughly £100). Would definitely go back.
- DimitrisDined on 17/8/2014Nice, small and quite place. Good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly servicePeterDined on 17/8/2014Very good family outing. Great food and friendly service. Great to see some flexibility on service. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- Special OccasionRosieDined on 9/8/2014The main thing I will remember (it was my 1st visit) was the service, always an important factor but they had it spot on, friendly informative but not too over bearing. receiving a free glass of wine because the food was slow was a nice touch, we hadn't noticed anything slow, it just seemed relaxed an un rushed. Food was lovely will def go back. One tiny thing, always a good idea not to have dead flowers on reception.....Special Features:
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Considering this is one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants, I'd say don't bother. The food was good, but not amazing...and it definitely wasn't enough to make up for the poor service,mixed up orders and long waits. We were left hungry for most of the night and got out of there as soon as we could. My advice is to spend your time and money elsewhere.Special Features:
- Lunch special offersFedUpDined on 8/8/2014we went in for a lunch special meal which was around £25 per person good food good service just downstairs toilets need updating the waiter mentioned that the restaurant will be fully refurbished in a few months time overall a good meal with good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions??SpellerDined on 7/8/2014I was very disapointed with the place. The food was ok but not outstandig at all. I have eaten at nicer places in our Armed Forces, like the 51 Panzer Haubits Batalions tent.
- DesapointedTravelerstoDined on 4/8/2014Nothing more to add as the restaurant is closing for well needed renovation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The food was very good although did take time and the service was very good with very attentive managerSpecial Features:
- Great eveningCliveDined on 1/8/2014The staff at foxtrot oscar were great made us feel comfortable and welcome. Food was very good and very quick. However never felt that I was beening rushed. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice guysgingerfordinnerDined on 1/8/2014It's a bit battered around the edges but I think it adds to the feel, after all, it was one of Gordon's first restaurants. The staff were great and provided lots of information about the wine. The food was really nice, it didn't blow my mind, there was nothing drastically new or different and was relatively expensive for what we got.... but it was yummy, I certainly wouldn't scoff at it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F O means great food!jataviDined on 31/7/2014We had truly memorable family lunch in this funky decorated restaurant. Even though it was a bit of walk to the place the food was definitely worth it! We had 3 course meal picked from recommendation list. All 5 members had different option and both lay out and the taste of the food was truly something to remember.Special Features:
- AverageadamskiDined on 29/7/2014Food was good, but the service could have been better. Served warm bottled water. Open bottle of wine kept in their chiller, but we had to keep asking them to top up our glasses - not very attentive staff, especially as it wasn't particularly busy.
- saturday evening dinnerstuh1Dined on 26/7/2014small restaurant with a pleasant ambiance. short menu, but there's enough to please all palates. good service without being too pushy. overall and good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food.piemuncher83Dined on 26/7/2014The food here was beautiful. It's was the first time I have tried guinea fowl... but definitely not the last. Atmosphere was cosy and relaxed and the service was outstanding. The only slight problem was our table was quiet cramped but to be honest everything else make up for that and I'd 100 percent visit Oscar foxtrot again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Foxtrot OscarPedersenDined on 24/7/2014I think it was a very good experience to eat at the Foxtrot Oscar, the service were perfect and the dinner was very good. Very good atmosphere. Mabye I will come back if i am visiting London again.Special Features:
- The Highlight is the FoodTorontoFoodieDined on 23/7/2014I'm a foodie so I wanted to dine at Foxtrot Oscar to sample the food. The smoked salmon appetizer was great, but the pigeon and foie gras appetizer was cheap on the foie gras. The duck and gnocchi main courses were very good as were the lemon posset and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream for dessert. What was disappointing was the ambience and the some of the service. The ambience was that of a neglected diner. The place badly needs a renovation. As for the service, the waitress who took the drink orders was brusque. The waiter, on the other hand, was very nice. Not sure why we had two different people waiting on us in such a tiny restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch TerrificvirgilvirgilDined on 19/7/2014Five of us ate for a celebration lunch. Service was impeccable and food delicious. I had never been to this restaurant before and I was surprised that it was so small and intimate but that only emphasised the friendliness of the staff and the intimate atmosphere. We had the £25 lunch including sparkling wine and it was great value - three super courses with good choices. We all had something different and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Ting-Kai ChangTinKaiDined on 18/7/2014The food was pretty nice, the starters we ordered, duck salad and smoked salmon, were beautifully presented and tasted good. The main courses were nicely done as well, mine was duck leg and gnocchi for my friend. The only thing I was not particularly satisfied was the dessert, only strawberry with cream and ice cream provided. They were good but I believe as a nice restaurant is Chelsea there must be something better and more unique can be done to make the money spent worth, even for special offer users.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood GemChelseamomVIPDined on 17/7/2014Three of us had dinner at Foxtrot Oscars when I was visiting London last month and it was great. The food and service were very good and I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- GiugiullenaDined on 12/7/2014Food is ok but the restaurant itself is small and shabby.Special Features:
- great foodPeterDined on 11/7/2014the food quality is fantastic... service is very professional... surely is my usual favourite restaurantSpecial Features:
- RelaxedDavidOXDined on 9/7/2014Smooth personable service. Menu sounds nicer than the food. Nice limited wine list at reasonable prices. Good atmosphere for friends evening out.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/7/2014Admittedly, we went for the Open Table special of a three course meal and glass of sparkling wine for £25, which was a great deal. Even better than the deal was the food - magnificent in every respect. Even better than the food was the service - approachable, personable, wonderfully professional, and as prompt or as relaxed as each diner would want. Service seemed tailored to the desires of each table. The restaurant will close in the future for a remodel of the building, which is sorely needed as the ambiance is somewhat "barren." Be that as it may, this restaurant, because of the food and service, is truly a "must" on any trip to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victor GolfrlgkrDined on 7/7/2014We all enjoyed our various choices off the good value three course lunch menu. The only exception was the ice cream which was so-so, leading to a severe case of sticky toffee pudding envy. The wine (including English fizz and rose) also excellent. Service was friendly and efficient (although not stretched with only 4 tables occupied - possibly because it had been due to be shut for refitting - now postponed). Overall a very pleasant lunch to celebrate our son's graduation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for moneyXfw50VIPDined on 6/7/2014The food is the star here. The ambiance is pleasing and not overly stuffy. The staff are friendly and helpful, but as you'd expect of a Ramsey restuarant, the food is great, as is the price when using the opentable offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!MadsogRebeckaDined on 3/7/2014My girlfriend and i, had a really good time at the restaurant, the food was outstanding! The service could have been better, but it was okay! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Sunday LunchZag29Dined on 29/6/2014We had the sunday roast, we were warned that it was quite large and not to have a starter, which was correct, the food was lovely and we did manage to fit a dessert in that was also lovely. The staff were very attentive and happily answered any queries. Lovely meal.Special Features:
- fabulousclairemccDined on 28/6/2014Amazing food, fantastic service and grill atmosphere x worth our very long trip from Newcastle to be there it was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local bistroPrpswDined on 24/6/2014Great local bistro, definitely recommend and ideal when there is a deal on.
- Great Sunday roastq80dinerDined on 22/6/2014The restaurant has excellent service and delivers delicious perfect plates of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJOSEDined on 21/6/2014The service was impeccable and made our evening. The food was good, not as unique as in past occasions.Special Features:
- Nice food, shame about the decorLondonJandKDined on 18/6/2014But all of that is about to change.... As we arrived we did wonder at how dilapidated the restaurant was looking but it is closing shortly for two months for a much needed refit. The food more than made up for it though. Everything was well cooked and very tasty- nothing too fancy just good produce with good cooking. The only problem was that we were the youngest diners by about 30 years! We don't normally go out to lunch and this was our 'date' day- the first we've had since the baby arrived over a year ago. We wanted somewhere that was a bit of a treat and whilst it was quite a way to go we felt it was worth it.Special Features:
- May just have been a bad nightLondondinerDined on 17/6/2014We have been to FO before and had a good meal however this time there were 6 of us including some mates from Australia. The service was good if a little slow with a wonderful Polish waitress who was charming. The starters were ok but 2 of us had Mackerel which was undercooked and two had Sea Bass which was overcooked and tasteless. We did have 3 bottles of wine (not expensive) however with a bill for over £400 we all felt a little disappointed with value for money.