Galvin at Windows
22 Park Lane
London, W1K 1BENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Galvin at Windows
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galvinatwindows.com/
- Phone: 020 7208 4021x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Sunday: 11:45am - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Joo Won
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Galvin at Windows
Located high up on the 28th floor of the London Hilton at 22 Park Lane, Galvin at Windows restaurant and bar has become one of the capital’s most talked-about destination dining venues since its opening in 2006. Head Chef Joo Won and Chef Patron Chris Galvin have created seasonally inspired menus based around modern French haute cuisine that have now earned the restaurant its first, much-deserved Michelin Star. Renowned for its peerless views over the capital, including iconic sites like Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, Galvin at Windows is a restaurant where honest food and genuine hospitality are already a tradition after just a few short years. Because of the elegance of the room and the jaw-dropping 360-degree views, Galvin at Windows is certainly a destination restaurant with fine service and all the trimmings. But, clever Galvin staff, the set lunch menu and bar express menu bring this sublime French cuisine within reach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Galvin at Windows - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Galvin at Windows reviews from OpenTable diners
958 reviews since 22 October 2013
special occasions (735)romance (532)business meals (399)fit for foodies (379)sunday lunch (165)outstanding value (116)group bookings (92)pre/post theatre (81)brunch (65)good vegetarian options (62)afternoon tea (61)disabled access (38)child friendly (20)outdoor eating (10)Show More
- Sunday lunchJamesPDined on 19/10/2014My wife and I visited for lunch before a theatre trip. Usual exceptional service and excellent food including finding a new cheese. We will continue coming back to this superb restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, shame about the servicePaulydDined on 17/10/2014Had a delicious birthday dinner here, though was let down by the service and " overly loud" dinner guests at neighbouring tables. The service though was painful, champagne bottle was not chilled due to wait staff prioritising another tables bottle of water, whilst my champers was placed on top, meanwhile my water was served on table! Staff showed little initiative when my wife had popped to the ladies and mains arrived. Plates were left on table despite it being obvious that my wife was not there. It was only when I asked 5mins later did staff offer to put covers over meals, despite several staff having previously walked past. I know this is picky, but it's not what I expect of a Michelin starred establishment!!Special Features:
- BobbinDined on 16/10/2014I had a great lunch with my girlfriend , it was our joined birthday threat and food was sooooooo delicious , service was good view was great . I've been to all of Galvin's restaurant but this one comes out top . I'll be back with my husband next time soon .Special Features:
- What a treatFifiDined on 14/10/2014It was a beautiful lunch with attentive, pleasant non pushy waiting staff. So many restaurants are lacking in 'good' staff- it is the difference! I've dined at Windows before and this time took a friend for girlie lunch, from the moment you are escorted to your table & presented with postcards (with copies of your amazing views of London). They post them for you at no extra cost if you choose to write them there, to the handmade chocolates with coffee & marshmallows presented with the Bill- you feel special. That's not to mention the superb meal with excellent choice on the £30 meal inc Bellini. I don't know how they do it. My friend was thrilled. A very big plus point is you are not made to feel 'cheap' by having the set menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealHazelDined on 13/10/2014From the moment you walk in you are treated very well. Service was excellent. I booked lunch for two, for my boyfriends birthday. Food was exceptional and they were very accommodating to dietary requirements. Wonderfully presented food and seasonally relevant. Great flavours of the fig mille feuille, with fig ice cream, a strip of chocolate sauce and delicate blobs of black currant coulis. Special lunch with great views (even on a rainy day) Last but not least the homemade marshmallows and chocolates at the end were the icing on the cake!Special Features:
- ExcellentFJN13Dined on 13/10/2014Excellent service and ambience. Starter and dessert were particularly good.Special Features:
- Very Nice Sunday lunch : to be doneAymardDined on 12/10/2014The menu is a fantastic and fairly priced. It is quite simple but amazing flavours.Special Features:
- Great!dgdfgdfgDined on 12/10/2014Went to Galvin's for my wife's birthday. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and the service was brilliant. The food was outstanding. The only issue was that Sunday lunch was advertised as £45 per person for a 3 course meal. However, we were charged an additional cost for the dessert. We did not point this out to the waiter as we did not think it was the type of venue where customers query the cost of the meal. Apart from this it was a great luncheon.Special Features:
- ExcellenceSundayBestDined on 12/10/2014Once again a great meal with attentive but non-intrusive service. Some aspects are expensive for no good reason - bottled water and coffees - but all in all good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning viewCrazy4FoodDined on 11/10/2014A beautiful restaurant with beautiful food. Stunning view, great service. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good food but not worth the priceBabsDined on 11/10/2014Service was rather slow and made a few mistakes in our orders (brought the same dish twice). They put my coat in the coatroom but gave me no number so it was a hassle to get it back afterwards. The food was very good, but the room was noisy (too many tables?) and the service not that great ==> not worth the money we paid.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewCatHVIPDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service, great view - would recommend for many occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great food, haphazard serviceLZFoodieDined on 10/10/2014We had a set menu plus bellini offer which really was excellent. However after an hour of being in the restaurant and in the middle of enjoying the main course, a received a call on my mobile from reception asking why I hadn't arrived for the booking. I said I was there and enjoying the meal. The woman, who in fact had been on the desk when we arrived, asked me to go to reception to prove it. I didn't feel she was apologetic about the mistake. The waiters and table service however were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChrisDined on 10/10/2014The service was excellent as was the food. Portions kind of small but was on the £30 package (3 courses and Bellini) but naturally the total was £50 a head with the extras. Would go backSpecial Features:
- OverpricedContactDined on 6/10/2014£ 225 for dinner for 2 is steep, despite the view of evening lights of London. Food was satisfactory, but not exceptional. Wines are expensive. Service was uneven. We were offered a table next to the exit door, althought other more comfortable tables, on a raised level, were empty. After reference to the head waiter we were given a nice window table. Parking the car in the basement costs another £30. Lunch is a better value, it is cheaper and the view from the restaurant is better.Special Features:
- WonderfulRA86Dined on 6/10/2014Had a great evening at Galvin, celebrating my fiancee's birthday. Highly recommend checking out the bar before heading to your table, good drinks and a great view. Food wise, though the tasting menu was incredibly tempting, the 3 course prestige menu was great, the lamb a particular standout dish. Food wise I thought the pricing was not too bad, but (somewhat understandably) the drinks are proper Mayfair prices!Special Features:
- My view to Galvin'slittle9blahDined on 3/10/2014Overall the dining experience was excellent. The staff were helpful throughout the whole period and able to explain all our queries. The most surprising is the desert we had for the lunch menu, I forgot the full name of it but it's the mint vanilla ice cream with two crispy layers enfolded with figs. The use of figs was never what I expected and I could clearly tell it's really fresh with a really good combination of ice cream with small crunchy pieces.Special Features:
- Attentive service and crackin' foodFoodMeisterDined on 3/10/2014Just celebrated my birthday at Galvin @ Windows. From the moment we arrived the service was attentive, warm and super-friendly. Food excellent and the chef did what all top chefs should aspire to; produce stunning food in a manner which balances flavours in a creative, harmonious and seamless manner. Oh and have I said the service was attentive :) Book a lunch table now. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favouritesRealfoodie1Dined on 2/10/2014I've not dined here for about four years and going back I've wondered why I'd not been back in so long. It is still right up there as one of my favourite restaurants. Everything about this place is perfect and it's great that in the time that I have been there the standards has not dropped as it often happens at other places. Emphasis is still on what the diner wants and everyone is made to feel special. I highly recommend this exceptional restaurant especially when entertaining those new to London for the lovely view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but expensiveserpigDined on 2/10/2014Sunset view while dining is amazing. Had the degustation menu, scallops and mozzarella tomato salad were excellent. Rest of the food were mostly mediocre. Halibut probably the worst Michelin starred fish i've had. You can get a higher level of cooking at this price level. However, the view justifies the price.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoody25Dined on 1/10/2014We have eaten in many of the capitals best restaurants and our visit to Galvins was faultless. Great views, service and food, with larger portions than average for fine dining. Its not just a meal its a full on experience with the stunning London views hard to beat.Special Features:
- well balanced and what you expectpbeckham19Dined on 30/9/2014Great service, good food, nice atmosphere. What you would expect from a michelin star experience. Lunch offer of 3 courses had a good selection and variety between meat and fish. Mushroom veloutee as a starter was the highlight of the meal, food wise. Marshmallows for goodbye a nice touch given the marshmallow craze in London of late. Service was friendly, conversational, above average as each member of staff carried themselves well.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday LunchstuartpDined on 28/9/2014Went with my family for Sunday Lunch and had a very enjoyable experience On arrival we had a drink in the bar and then shown to our table We were seated at a window table which had obvious benefits The service was good and the general feel of the restaurant was not pretentious in any waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Aitken25Dined on 27/9/2014Cant believe how good this restaurant is! What an amazing night we had! Food was delicious, drinks were delicious and to top it of service was exceptional! All your needs were catered for to make sure your evening was perfect! Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 27/9/2014A family dinner to celebrate a 21st birthday. It's expensive but the food and service match the price. Disappointing not to have had a window seat, particularly after having requested one at the time of booking, several weeks beforehand. The ambience was good, although slightly noisy, and at times verging on the rowdy, with two large tables either side of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely experiencejvogue827Dined on 27/9/2014Went here on Saturday evening for my husband's birthday. Although we did not have a window table, we enjoyed the view pre-dinner at the bar and had a lovely dining experience afterwards. The food and wine were excellent. Mostly though, the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. I would absolutely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/9/2014Having requested a table next to the window we were seated in a corner beneath a very chilly air conditioning vent, with no sight line to the window for 3 of the 4 people present. The food was possibly a bit too imaginative - just too many different tastes on the plate so that it had moved past delicious into "odd". Strange fruity soup as an amuse bouche was not very appealing. The fixed menu is £70 for 3 courses - we had to specifically ask to find out that there was a cheaper option without dessert - they don't make this obvious which I think is a bit sneaky. Service was very professional. The restaurant shares a bathroom with the very popular bar next door so long queues for the ladies by the time we left.Special Features:
- A very good lunchPattiFVIPDined on 26/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten at Galvin at Windows and it again provided an excellent meal. I took my granddaughter for lunch on Friday - we had a window table and the view really impressed her ! We chose from the £70 Menu Prestige, which included a Bellini (promptly served after we had been settled at the table). The starters of marinated salmon (for me) ) and the scallops (for her) were delicious and the main course rack of lamb (for both of us) was faultless. Our favourite, though, was the dessert of hot Soufflé - it made us purr...... Service was friendly and efficient and I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMadwifeDined on 23/9/2014I took my friend for 50th birthday treat. Amazing ambience, service truly outstanding and food was delightful. Absolutely worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessAnonDined on 21/9/2014this is a solid michelin star experience. The views are incredible, the food is good quality and the service is excellent. its not the most exciting place to dine, but if you want a guaranteed good meal for a nice occasion, you can't go wrong. The waiters gauged that we wanted a long leisurely lunch and were attentive but not intrusive, which is exactly the service we wanted. they were helpful when asked and we weren't rushed at all. The food was perfectly cooked, beautifully presented and most importantly, delicious. Try and get a window table if you can - the views are what this place is about. All in all, Galvin at Windows is highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentCharDined on 21/9/2014Wonderful food, wonderful setting and staff so attentive will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousAdnilDined on 20/9/2014Very nice restaurant with an amazing view! The service as well as the food were really good! Rather pricy but worthwile for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceDaveCDined on 19/9/2014Brilliant meal, It was our anniversary. Good views, Bar staff (particularly waitresses) were the best ever, fast, knowledgeable and really friendly. The sommelier was again outstanding, really accommodating, knowledgeable and accepting of my limited wallet. Food was great, nicely balanced and interesting. We had the tasting menu without wines. Next time would try the menu with the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Took a client. Food was exceptional and had a great lunch. Client was very impressed.
- Perfect LocationTopTableNumber1Dined on 19/9/2014Galvin at windows is a perfect location with probaly the best service i have ever received in a restaurantSpecial Features:
- Lunch with a friendDavethedinerDined on 18/9/2014Fantastic views but that is not the only reason for lunching here. The food is superb; beautifully presented and very tasty. The meat was so tender it literally melted in the mouth The set lunch menu with a half a bottle of wine included is exceptionally good value for an experience of this quality. Service is attentive. Overall a memorable lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointedPhillipDined on 17/9/2014We have previously loved this restaurant for its excellent service and food. However, having reserved a table in July requesting a window table for a special occasion, we were disappointed last week to be offered a table in a busy part of the restaurant by the servery. It was not an enjoyable experience. Also, we never manage to eat a set three course meal, so would prefer to have an a la carte choice. £70 a head was a lot for the two meagre courses we had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as usual .........Jacko53Dined on 17/9/2014We went for my wifes' birthday lunch and travelled in from east Kent. She was 'spoilt' thoroughlly which made the whole exercise worthwhile. The food was first class as well as the whole customer care experience and the clam, efficient service. This was not our first visit but the place makes you look forward to coming back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Good food, excellent friendly staff, good atmosphere, and of course outstanding views.Special Features:
- anniversary lunchdavfermanDined on 14/9/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is a favourite of ours. The good is very good, but the youngsters who work there make it a truly special occasion. We had a Wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features: