Galvin at Windows
22 Park Lane
London, W1K 1BENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Galvin at Windows
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galvinatwindows.com/
- Phone: 020 7208 4021x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Sunday: 11:45am - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Joo Won
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Galvin at Windows
Located high up on the 28th floor of the London Hilton at 22 Park Lane, Galvin at Windows restaurant and bar has become one of the capital’s most talked-about destination dining venues since its opening in 2006. Head Chef Joo Won and Chef Patron Chris Galvin have created seasonally inspired menus based around modern French haute cuisine that have now earned the restaurant its first, much-deserved Michelin Star. Renowned for its peerless views over the capital, including iconic sites like Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, Galvin at Windows is a restaurant where honest food and genuine hospitality are already a tradition after just a few short years. Because of the elegance of the room and the jaw-dropping 360-degree views, Galvin at Windows is certainly a destination restaurant with fine service and all the trimmings. But, clever Galvin staff, the set lunch menu and bar express menu bring this sublime French cuisine within reach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Galvin at Windows - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Galvin at Windows reviews from OpenTable diners
961 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (737)romance (535)business meals (403)fit for foodies (378)sunday lunch (163)outstanding value (117)group bookings (92)pre/post theatre (83)brunch (65)good vegetarian options (61)afternoon tea (60)disabled access (42)child friendly (22)outdoor eating (11)Show More
- Great food with a viewyanasimDined on 29/10/2014Went for lunch with my husband on a day off. Opted for the set menu as there was plenty to choose from, food was interesting, original, and delicious. And the views are spectacular! As we ordered 2 glasses of wine each to go with our food, the drinks ended up costing just as much as our 3-course meal. Not cheap, but a great choice as a treat to yourselves, or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014The service was great, the pre-dinner cocktails very tasty and the bar service was quick and attentive without being intrusive. The same was true for all of the staff throughout, very professional, polite and knowledgeable. They answered any of our questions regarding the food and recommendations (the cocktail list is quite extensive so some guidance on the house specialties was much appreciated). The food was marvellous, the lamb was out of this world – truly melt in the mouth. The maître d' was superb and made our evening when she found out it was our anniversary, she showed us the kitchen and took us to a private balcony after the meal to see the amazing views of London which you don’t see from the restaurant. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceanaJosephDined on 27/10/2014Went for my partner's birthday dinner. They did a little surprise for him without asking me. Was brilliant. The staff were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestRussDined on 27/10/2014Had the prestige menu and it was great. We had scallops for starter which melted in the mouth and the the beef for main. The soufflé for dessert was the best I've had. Great service as well and lovely views. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchAlistevewDined on 26/10/2014Wanted a venue with lovely views over London and it didn't disappoint. Very professional service but not over the top. Sunday lunch was excellent - good range of options to meet most tastes I would have thought. Portion size was perfectly acceptable too. The pan fried foie gras with Cumberland sausage and potato cake starter was outstanding. Will look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent throughoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014Excellent service, excellent attention to detail, excellent food, excellent views and the drinks and food were really well priced for a restaurant of that calibre...excellent throughout.Special Features:
- Great Service and Romantic !JohnCDined on 25/10/2014Just like to say thankyou to all the staff at Galvin that helped make my proposal to my partner a very special event and a very memorable event. Great food and service and would highly recommend for a special occasion. Look forward to coming again.Special Features:
- RubyDined on 25/10/2014I must say what a wonderful evening we had, we had been once before several years ago and had always wanted to return. We took with us our brother and sister in law who where completely overwhelmed by the restaurant. The service was brilliant the staff where all very polite and so helpful. I did ask for a window table when I booked, but they did say this could not be confirmed, but we where lucky enough to be seated by the window and it made it all the more special. The food was so wonderful and served to perfection. Overall our whole evening could not have been better what a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Birthday Meal...SLGardinerDined on 25/10/2014I took my girlfriend to Galvin at Windows for dinner and we were both incredibly impressed! On first viewing the restaurant is stylishly decorated, and every table has a view out of at least one of the huge windows (I asked for a window seat but unfortunately they could not accommodate). From the moment we sat down we were treated to excellent service - our glasses were never empty! The food was great (options were limited but we both found dishes we liked) and it was cooked and presented to perfection. I thoroughly recommend the Mont Blanc for dessert! At the end of our meal, the manager apologised for the fact we did not get a window seat, and took us through the kitchens to a private balcony overlooking the city. A really nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 25/10/2014A great place to visit for a private celebration. The staff looked after us well, the drinks and food arrived with immaculate presentation. Vegetation options were however lacking so I would suggest viewing the menu online first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the ambience and the viewswestlondonsteveDined on 24/10/2014My second visit and therefore very much as expected. Impeccable service, wonderful views and a romantic atmosphere, so perfect for our anniversary. The food is good, but not out-of-this-world, and the menu is a little boring.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday LunchStreathamFoodieDined on 24/10/2014We ate from the daily set menu with free bellin and loved every mouthful. We asked for wine recommendations for each course and these too were simply delicious. We couldn't recommend higher - the setting and service is superb. We hope to return in the future.Special Features:
- Superb ServiceJimFoodieDined on 24/10/2014I booked lunch with an ex-colleague (both recently retired). The meal deal (£30pp) was really excellent however we did both pile on the extras, starting with a drink in the Bar, and then a lovely bottle of Sancerre with the meal and of course coffee's to finish so the meal deal turned out somewhat more expensive than anticipated but mainly of our own making. The Service was outstanding, every course was excellent and the view and the ambiance a winner.Special Features:
- Lunch at Galvin at windowsKimmipopsDined on 24/10/2014Great deal for 3 courses and Bellini. Food was excellent, along with the service and the views! What's not to love?
- Perfect place for romanceDepeareDined on 23/10/2014We went to the resturant for our 15th wedding anniversary, and we were treated as royalty, this was not just us though you could see that everyone that was at the resturant was treated the same, and everyone that served us wanted to be there which these days is quite a treat. The food itself I was quite delicious, I had lamb which melted in my mouth and the puddings to die for. Thank you for a great nightSpecial Features:
- AmazingMoppyDined on 23/10/2014The attention to detail was faultless with every aspect covered. Food was spectacularly good. Service attentive but friendly. Decor and views awesome. . A really spectacular restaurant which is a must for all foodies,Special Features:
- Truly stunningottoDined on 22/10/2014From the moment we stepped from the lift we were welcomed with efficient friendly service. Coats removed and then led to a window table with amazing veiws. Being locals we found the view enthralling but everyone must be stunned by the views near and far. Perfect drinks arrived followed by warm bread and then excellent food and the best coffee ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightblondeDined on 20/10/2014We were celebrating our 15 th anniversary of our marriage and it was a romantic night.The meals and service was good.The ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchJamesPDined on 19/10/2014My wife and I visited for lunch before a theatre trip. Usual exceptional service and excellent food including finding a new cheese. We will continue coming back to this superb restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an M&S meal at 10x the priceexpensiveDined on 18/10/2014As you might expect - the atmosphere is very nice - you can hold a proper conversation i.e. there is not too much noise. The amuse bouche was great. You can get the same standard much cheaper. The view is great but if you're going for the view you might as well just go to the bar. You can expect to spend around £100 per head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its former gloryClaraDined on 18/10/2014Inexperienced staff and overpriced meals - restaurant has lost its former glory. I had the risotto followed by lamb, and the food was cooked well, but wasn't spectacular. The waitress wrote down our order as she took it (which to me is a sign of inexperience), came back and confirmed the order, and in the end got it wrong so that I ended up with a risotto with no parmesan cheese. As I don't drink alcohol I asked for some water when we first sat down, and then was never asked again until I explicitly asked a waitress for non-alcoholic/ soft drink options. I was then shown a menu with four non-alcoholic cocktails that clearly didn't go with my food. I would expect a Michelin star restaurant to have more non-alcoholic options than that.
- Great food, shame about the servicePaulydDined on 17/10/2014Had a delicious birthday dinner here, though was let down by the service and " overly loud" dinner guests at neighbouring tables. The service though was painful, champagne bottle was not chilled due to wait staff prioritising another tables bottle of water, whilst my champers was placed on top, meanwhile my water was served on table! Staff showed little initiative when my wife had popped to the ladies and mains arrived. Plates were left on table despite it being obvious that my wife was not there. It was only when I asked 5mins later did staff offer to put covers over meals, despite several staff having previously walked past. I know this is picky, but it's not what I expect of a Michelin starred establishment!!Special Features:
- BobbinDined on 16/10/2014I had a great lunch with my girlfriend , it was our joined birthday threat and food was sooooooo delicious , service was good view was great . I've been to all of Galvin's restaurant but this one comes out top . I'll be back with my husband next time soon .Special Features:
- What a treatFifiDined on 14/10/2014It was a beautiful lunch with attentive, pleasant non pushy waiting staff. So many restaurants are lacking in 'good' staff- it is the difference! I've dined at Windows before and this time took a friend for girlie lunch, from the moment you are escorted to your table & presented with postcards (with copies of your amazing views of London). They post them for you at no extra cost if you choose to write them there, to the handmade chocolates with coffee & marshmallows presented with the Bill- you feel special. That's not to mention the superb meal with excellent choice on the £30 meal inc Bellini. I don't know how they do it. My friend was thrilled. A very big plus point is you are not made to feel 'cheap' by having the set menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealHazelDined on 13/10/2014From the moment you walk in you are treated very well. Service was excellent. I booked lunch for two, for my boyfriends birthday. Food was exceptional and they were very accommodating to dietary requirements. Wonderfully presented food and seasonally relevant. Great flavours of the fig mille feuille, with fig ice cream, a strip of chocolate sauce and delicate blobs of black currant coulis. Special lunch with great views (even on a rainy day) Last but not least the homemade marshmallows and chocolates at the end were the icing on the cake!Special Features:
- ExcellentFJN13Dined on 13/10/2014Excellent service and ambience. Starter and dessert were particularly good.Special Features:
- Very Nice Sunday lunch : to be doneAymardDined on 12/10/2014The menu is a fantastic and fairly priced. It is quite simple but amazing flavours.Special Features:
- Great!dgdfgdfgDined on 12/10/2014Went to Galvin's for my wife's birthday. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and the service was brilliant. The food was outstanding. The only issue was that Sunday lunch was advertised as £45 per person for a 3 course meal. However, we were charged an additional cost for the dessert. We did not point this out to the waiter as we did not think it was the type of venue where customers query the cost of the meal. Apart from this it was a great luncheon.Special Features:
- ExcellenceSundayBestDined on 12/10/2014Once again a great meal with attentive but non-intrusive service. Some aspects are expensive for no good reason - bottled water and coffees - but all in all good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning viewCrazy4FoodDined on 11/10/2014A beautiful restaurant with beautiful food. Stunning view, great service. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good food but not worth the priceBabsDined on 11/10/2014Service was rather slow and made a few mistakes in our orders (brought the same dish twice). They put my coat in the coatroom but gave me no number so it was a hassle to get it back afterwards. The food was very good, but the room was noisy (too many tables?) and the service not that great ==> not worth the money we paid.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewCatHVIPDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service, great view - would recommend for many occasionsSpecial Features:
- Great food, haphazard serviceLZFoodieDined on 10/10/2014We had a set menu plus bellini offer which really was excellent. However after an hour of being in the restaurant and in the middle of enjoying the main course, a received a call on my mobile from reception asking why I hadn't arrived for the booking. I said I was there and enjoying the meal. The woman, who in fact had been on the desk when we arrived, asked me to go to reception to prove it. I didn't feel she was apologetic about the mistake. The waiters and table service however were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChrisDined on 10/10/2014The service was excellent as was the food. Portions kind of small but was on the £30 package (3 courses and Bellini) but naturally the total was £50 a head with the extras. Would go backSpecial Features:
- OverpricedContactDined on 6/10/2014£ 225 for dinner for 2 is steep, despite the view of evening lights of London. Food was satisfactory, but not exceptional. Wines are expensive. Service was uneven. We were offered a table next to the exit door, althought other more comfortable tables, on a raised level, were empty. After reference to the head waiter we were given a nice window table. Parking the car in the basement costs another £30. Lunch is a better value, it is cheaper and the view from the restaurant is better.Special Features:
- WonderfulRA86Dined on 6/10/2014Had a great evening at Galvin, celebrating my fiancee's birthday. Highly recommend checking out the bar before heading to your table, good drinks and a great view. Food wise, though the tasting menu was incredibly tempting, the 3 course prestige menu was great, the lamb a particular standout dish. Food wise I thought the pricing was not too bad, but (somewhat understandably) the drinks are proper Mayfair prices!Special Features:
- My view to Galvin'slittle9blahDined on 3/10/2014Overall the dining experience was excellent. The staff were helpful throughout the whole period and able to explain all our queries. The most surprising is the desert we had for the lunch menu, I forgot the full name of it but it's the mint vanilla ice cream with two crispy layers enfolded with figs. The use of figs was never what I expected and I could clearly tell it's really fresh with a really good combination of ice cream with small crunchy pieces.Special Features:
- Attentive service and crackin' foodFoodMeisterDined on 3/10/2014Just celebrated my birthday at Galvin @ Windows. From the moment we arrived the service was attentive, warm and super-friendly. Food excellent and the chef did what all top chefs should aspire to; produce stunning food in a manner which balances flavours in a creative, harmonious and seamless manner. Oh and have I said the service was attentive :) Book a lunch table now. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favouritesRealfoodie1Dined on 2/10/2014I've not dined here for about four years and going back I've wondered why I'd not been back in so long. It is still right up there as one of my favourite restaurants. Everything about this place is perfect and it's great that in the time that I have been there the standards has not dropped as it often happens at other places. Emphasis is still on what the diner wants and everyone is made to feel special. I highly recommend this exceptional restaurant especially when entertaining those new to London for the lovely view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but expensiveserpigDined on 2/10/2014Sunset view while dining is amazing. Had the degustation menu, scallops and mozzarella tomato salad were excellent. Rest of the food were mostly mediocre. Halibut probably the worst Michelin starred fish i've had. You can get a higher level of cooking at this price level. However, the view justifies the price.Special Features: