Galvin at Windows
22 Park Lane
London, W1K 1BENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Galvin at Windows
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galvinatwindows.com/
- Phone: 020 7208 4021x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Sunday: 11:45am - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Joo Won
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Galvin at Windows
Located high up on the 28th floor of the London Hilton at 22 Park Lane, Galvin at Windows restaurant and bar has become one of the capital’s most talked-about destination dining venues since its opening in 2006. Head Chef Joo Won and Chef Patron Chris Galvin have created seasonally inspired menus based around modern French haute cuisine that have now earned the restaurant its first, much-deserved Michelin Star. Renowned for its peerless views over the capital, including iconic sites like Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, Galvin at Windows is a restaurant where honest food and genuine hospitality are already a tradition after just a few short years. Because of the elegance of the room and the jaw-dropping 360-degree views, Galvin at Windows is certainly a destination restaurant with fine service and all the trimmings. But, clever Galvin staff, the set lunch menu and bar express menu bring this sublime French cuisine within reach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Galvin at Windows - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Galvin at Windows reviews from OpenTable diners
984 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (749)romance (552)business meals (409)fit for foodies (396)sunday lunch (162)outstanding value (118)group bookings (92)pre/post theatre (80)afternoon tea (65)good vegetarian options (64)brunch (64)disabled access (41)child friendly (20)outdoor eating (10)Show More
- Excellent LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Good food, excellent friendly staff, good atmosphere, and of course outstanding views.Special Features:
- anniversary lunchdavfermanDined on 14/9/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is a favourite of ours. The good is very good, but the youngsters who work there make it a truly special occasion. We had a Wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features:
- ExceptionalIangoDined on 14/9/2014We celebrated an exceptional birthday and without asking we were give the window table overlooking Hyde park. The food was sublime. Exceptional service and made my 12 year old nephew feel very important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing tourist trapKatiaManson1Dined on 13/9/2014Restaurant is in need of a serious revamp, including thorough review of what got them their Michelin star in the first place. Food was ordinary & is so far from the expected best ; in fact it is way below average. Almost £300 of absolutely nothing, even the red wine was too warm when it got to the table. Believe you me, this is your usual tourist trap, where genuinely they don't need repeat business, courtesy of being part of a 5 star tourist hotel on Park Lane! My wife's scallop starter, with just 1 1/2 scallops on a stogy base of parsnip and apple. The chateaubriand was cooked medium rare to perfection , but served with a glutinous , non-complementary fried mushroom/pancetta concoction & very soft roast potatoes . Very disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2014Excellent food and setting. Staff all very good . Good timeSpecial Features:
- Amazing servicealevec8Dined on 11/9/2014Absolutely you pay what you get, an increadible treatment and service. Food is presented magnifically and portions are are perfect for the ambient. It was our anniversary, and at the end they brought us a special cake with written on the plate, happy anniversary! We will never forget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContrastsFood4FunDined on 11/9/2014The food was excellent, matched by the service... What made this a strange experience was the bar area where we were taken for our aperitif. The music was too loud to hold a comfortable conversation and the room was very dimly lit, it was more like a night club than the bar area of a Michelin starred restaurant. The views over London were spectacular but we asked to be moved to our table rather than finish our drinks... So my advice go straight to your table and enjoy good cooking and a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible locationLollipopDined on 9/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten here, the location is so stunning, it is a must! The service and quality of food totally match the location. The set menu is good value, just be warned the drinks can double the price if you don't watch what you order. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- FantasticDonnaDined on 8/9/2014Perfect in every way from the service to the food to the views and the ambience. I cannot fault my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by small detailsbabaDined on 6/9/2014I would have expected better from a Michelin star restaurant. It's not that we had a bad time. The table was lovely and well-placed and the waiters very helpful. It's just a few things were not quite right. The room was too hot, the monkfish was not warm enough and the baba au rhum dryish. Starters - classic salmon and foie gras-based dishes - were very ordinary too. Of course, it's not very trendy either: Business people, wealthy families and tourists using the Hilton below seemed to populate the room. All in all, a very oil machine but weirdly lacking attention to detail.
- Not worth a pennykevnasDined on 6/9/2014Terrible experience at Galvin at Windows. Not what you expect from a Michelin starred restaurant. Food is really poor, presentation not good either. Far from Michelin standards. We had the prestige menu (how dare they call this a prestige menu?), £70/pers excl. service charge! Outrageous. You'd rather go to gbk, you'll get more for your money. The total bill was nearly £200 for 2, with two glasses of Chablis; totally disproportionate, given the quantity of food you have in your plate. My wife had the chocolate cremeux for dessert, in which you only feel fat and sugar; disgusting. I can't believe all the positive reviews I read on this restaurant, but believe me, if you're looking for a romantic place with nice food, go for another option.Special Features:
- An excellent experienceMaughany12Dined on 6/9/2014The first thing that hits you when you get out of the lift lobby is that the views over London are spectacular. I took my wife for a special birthday treat so we decided to get there early and have a cocktail in the bar first - well worth it. The atmosphere in the bar was very laid back and the cocktails just fantastic. We were lucky to get a table by the window and it was amazing just looking at the skyline and down below to people and traffic going about their business. The food was amazing, the lamb to die for and the apple tart was just incredible. The service was first rate as expected and we couldn't fault it one bit. I would recommend Galvin at Windows to anyone.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Fantastic evening. Was disappointed they ran out of chateaubriand on a Saturday night service at 8.30pm, but the lamb was a worthy substitute. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galvin top class!JoJo74Dined on 6/9/2014Booked this restaurant to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday with friends. Absolutely fantastic from the beautiful decor to the friendly staff. Food was amazing and worth evey penny. The bar was buzzing with great view. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much of a view but not a badDinerDinerBatmanDined on 6/9/2014I booked Galvin first and foremost for the view, it was our first wedding anniversary and I wanted something special for my wife. We were seated on a platform that obstructed any view whatsoever - it feels like most of the tables are on this platform. We asked if we could wait for a window seat and were told abruptly we couldn't. You're served by at least 7 waiting staff, not all of which are overly friendly and some which never smile. The menu was limited and the food good, not mouthwatering, just good. We waited a good 30 mins between courses, the 'perks' of being on the platform we were told, what? At the end of our meal we were treated to behind the scenes in the kitchen and a private viewing deck - too little, too late.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great evening. Perfect destination restaurant for a romantic evening. Service excellent, especially the sommelier.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Food and service excellent but scuttled too expensive.Special Features:
- Galvin at Windows wins againDalmatianVIPDined on 2/9/2014Amazing view! Excellent food and excellent service as usual! And such a great place to bring visitors to London, to show off the view from the restaurant.Special Features:
- JWsteakfanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Wow, wow and wow. Stunning views, amazing food and wonderful service. Th ebest meal that I have had in London for a long time.Special Features:
- SunlightDined on 1/9/2014Beautiful food, amazing views, service a little over-attentive.Special Features:
- FantasticCWRWDined on 30/8/2014Galvin at Windows was briliant, the food was delicious and the service was perfect. We had a wonderful night starting with cocktails in the bar, the restaurant was great, food delicious and the service was exceptional. When they realised our dessert was slightly late they made a real fuss of us and gave us free dessert wine which was delicious- we were not upset at all. We then had a walk through the kitchen and onto the private balcony for views over London- spectacular. The staff were really lovely and everything was perfect, thanksSpecial Features:
- The service was so nice.YinyinDined on 30/8/2014I like the sightseeing of the restaurant and the service. Everyone seems experienced and smiling at me all the time. They are very polite and friendly. When I was going to leave, one of them even helped me to wear my coat. I was totally feel like a lady there. Thanks to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh dearintromickoDined on 29/8/2014Where to begin...? First, the staff where excellent once we'd asked for the serving pace to move from sprint to stroll. The taster with wine paring was good, but too often the wine and food fought for attention on the palate. The exception being the inspired choice made by the Italian sommelier to go with the grouse - a diversion taken mid menu - she has an excellent nose, this choice being the pick of the parings. The real problem is the mid-market feel against a price tag of £500+ for dinner for two; guests who think it appropriate to dine in spandex, music piped though speakers just a little too loud - where was the pianist? With the exception of Nathan Outlaw at the St. Enodoc, we shall avoid restaurants in hotels hereafter.
- Incredible service!FridayfeelingDined on 29/8/2014What a treat we had. We have visited the bar area many times before but never the restaurant, we are sure pleased we gave it a try. Our request for a window seat was met and when we asked to be re-seated (due to our close proximity to reception) it was done with both pleasure and efficiently in equal measures. We were never made to feel we were being a nuisance and were shown to a delightful table on the balcony. The food and service are second to none and I would return for these alone. It has to be said that all the tables have a beautiful view of London so there really is no need to request window seating. Shame the wine isn't a little more affordable but hey, it's London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldeniseDined on 28/8/2014It's always amazing which is why I keep coming back-totally hooked!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Fantastic!Wild44Dined on 28/8/2014We have been here several times for lunch and dinner. The set lunch we had this time with the Bellini to start was impressive as usual. The views up there were amazing and the service was just right. We finished our wine in the bar which is very relaxed. It is one of our most favourite restaurants.Special Features:
- Most EnjoyableCPBPDined on 28/8/2014An enjoyable meal ordered from the set lunchtime menu. The service was excellent and the overall atmosphere was very good. Disappointed not to have a window table, but maybe next time!!Special Features:
- Birthday TreatCarolsDined on 27/8/2014Booked this as a birthday Treat for my husband - we have been to Galvins in Baker Street and La Chappelle in Spittafields and have always been delighted with food and service. The room is beautiful, we did not have a window seat but the views were still amazing. Service was fantastic as we expected - we went for the taster menu with wine and although more pricey than La Chappelle we was not disappointed and tried some amazing wines. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- most amazing serviceSattDined on 27/8/2014We had a brilliant time. Our son was 7 on the day and asked waiters to bring him Happy birthday desert if it is possible. They offered him and his 3yrs old little brother a tour in the kitchen on their own. They met a chef and very excited to see how he made a dish. They also gave children a party bag to occupied during 2h lunch. Staff were lovely! Food was outstanding. I could enjoy the view of London. Beautiful place. I'd highly recommend anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellentMarieDined on 25/8/2014Very good service - we had no idea which wine we should choose etc but were advised accordingly. Two servers come at the table, one for holding the tray, the other to servce the plate. Napkins folded each time a person leaves for a bathroom. Food was great as expected. I would give a full mark if there was a surprise element in the flavour. This was a business meal so I didn't want anything to go wrong and nothing went wrong. Value is well, it is expensive but I did not expect to be cheap. I was charged £70 for a three meal course and another £40 for "main prestige" £20 for "starter prestige". I didn't think we choose the dish that stated "supplement" but there you are. This was my second visit and will definitely come again.Special Features:
- GreatTrevigianoVIPDined on 24/8/2014Great food, big portions at reasonable price and astouding view from 28th floor of Hilton Hotel.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch was terribleGregPVIPDined on 24/8/2014The food was not deserving of a michelin star restaurant.Other michelin star restaurants are much better. The steak had a funny odor and the chicken was bland. Bad value for money and I recommend not going on sundays.
- Incredible food and serviceRachel15Dined on 23/8/2014I was at the restaurant this weekend for my partner's birthday. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant which was fine for us (and a good sized table) but if you really want to see the views it's probably best to request a window table. The service was impeccable from the start - every person who served us introduced themselves and were thoughtful, attentive and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious and good value for this quality of restuarant. The wine selection was very good and they even have a liqueur trolley which I haven't seen before. We'll definitely be going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Glad we went, might not returnwinanddine21VIPDined on 23/8/2014We chose Galvin at Windows to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary, and we had a lovely evening. The food was very good, service attentive, and I liked the additional touches such as being given post cards to send anywhere in the world. I had also mentioned it was our anniversary on my open table booking and they brought us a post-desert plate with happy anniversary written on it, which I thought was very considerate.We weren't sitting by a window, and if you are sitting in the centre bit the ambiance is not that special (I imagine it is different if you get a window seat). The building is a bit tired looking. I am glad we went once, but I am not sure if it is return-worthy.Special Features:
- :)AntonyDined on 23/8/2014Great service and surprising meal :) The view was great too. Would recommend to visit at least once when visiting LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerDaveb970Dined on 21/8/2014Absolutely fantastic night. Incredible service, fantastic food and beautiful views. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- What we thought overall !!!!!Belladonna2Dined on 20/8/2014Very good food, service exceptional and mind blowing views, a must visit restaurant if your looking to impress ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, great food&serviceNBPPDined on 20/8/2014Been there on my girlfriend birthday, the food was excellent and service was very attentive. I visited the restaurant many times and they never let me down. Still one of the best classic French restaurant in London.Special Features:
- Scallops were amazingsazoscarDined on 20/8/2014Had the tasting menu at lunch time as a birthday treat. the scallops were the best thing I have had in a long time. Citrus, kohlrabi with a hint of soy. Just to my taste. Gazpacho was also lovely, and the Iberico pork. No fault to be found. View are OK but we were not on the best side and it was a bit grey - but you can't have it all. I would definitely recommend the restaurant. Service was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWatsonDined on 20/8/2014We took our two young granddaughters for lunch and had a table with a fantastic view. This was their second visit and they had a wonderful time. They especially enjoyed being taken away for a 'surprise'! They came back with their desserts which they had chosen when they were taken into the kitchen to meet the chef. The food was excellent and the children were made to feel very welcome. A 'goodie' bag arrived half way through their meal and was full of interesting things. The staff were very attentive without being overbearing and nothing was too much trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.