Galvin at Windows
22 Park Lane
London, W1K 1BENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
Galvin at Windows
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.galvinatwindows.com/
- Phone: 020 7208 4021x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Sunday: 11:45am - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Joo Won
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Galvin at Windows
Located high up on the 28th floor of the London Hilton at 22 Park Lane, Galvin at Windows restaurant and bar has become one of the capital’s most talked-about destination dining venues since its opening in 2006. Head Chef Joo Won and Chef Patron Chris Galvin have created seasonally inspired menus based around modern French haute cuisine that have now earned the restaurant its first, much-deserved Michelin Star. Renowned for its peerless views over the capital, including iconic sites like Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, Galvin at Windows is a restaurant where honest food and genuine hospitality are already a tradition after just a few short years. Because of the elegance of the room and the jaw-dropping 360-degree views, Galvin at Windows is certainly a destination restaurant with fine service and all the trimmings. But, clever Galvin staff, the set lunch menu and bar express menu bring this sublime French cuisine within reach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Galvin at Windows - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Galvin at Windows reviews from OpenTable diners
968 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (733)romance (537)business meals (399)fit for foodies (384)sunday lunch (164)outstanding value (117)group bookings (94)pre/post theatre (82)afternoon tea (64)good vegetarian options (64)brunch (63)disabled access (39)child friendly (20)outdoor eating (10)Show More
- Excellent Sunday LunchstuartpDined on 28/9/2014Went with my family for Sunday Lunch and had a very enjoyable experience On arrival we had a drink in the bar and then shown to our table We were seated at a window table which had obvious benefits The service was good and the general feel of the restaurant was not pretentious in any waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Aitken25Dined on 27/9/2014Cant believe how good this restaurant is! What an amazing night we had! Food was delicious, drinks were delicious and to top it of service was exceptional! All your needs were catered for to make sure your evening was perfect! Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 27/9/2014A family dinner to celebrate a 21st birthday. It's expensive but the food and service match the price. Disappointing not to have had a window seat, particularly after having requested one at the time of booking, several weeks beforehand. The ambience was good, although slightly noisy, and at times verging on the rowdy, with two large tables either side of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely experiencejvogue827Dined on 27/9/2014Went here on Saturday evening for my husband's birthday. Although we did not have a window table, we enjoyed the view pre-dinner at the bar and had a lovely dining experience afterwards. The food and wine were excellent. Mostly though, the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. I would absolutely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/9/2014Having requested a table next to the window we were seated in a corner beneath a very chilly air conditioning vent, with no sight line to the window for 3 of the 4 people present. The food was possibly a bit too imaginative - just too many different tastes on the plate so that it had moved past delicious into "odd". Strange fruity soup as an amuse bouche was not very appealing. The fixed menu is £70 for 3 courses - we had to specifically ask to find out that there was a cheaper option without dessert - they don't make this obvious which I think is a bit sneaky. Service was very professional. The restaurant shares a bathroom with the very popular bar next door so long queues for the ladies by the time we left.Special Features:
- A very good lunchPattiFVIPDined on 26/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten at Galvin at Windows and it again provided an excellent meal. I took my granddaughter for lunch on Friday - we had a window table and the view really impressed her ! We chose from the £70 Menu Prestige, which included a Bellini (promptly served after we had been settled at the table). The starters of marinated salmon (for me) ) and the scallops (for her) were delicious and the main course rack of lamb (for both of us) was faultless. Our favourite, though, was the dessert of hot Soufflé - it made us purr...... Service was friendly and efficient and I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMadwifeDined on 23/9/2014I took my friend for 50th birthday treat. Amazing ambience, service truly outstanding and food was delightful. Absolutely worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessAnonDined on 21/9/2014this is a solid michelin star experience. The views are incredible, the food is good quality and the service is excellent. its not the most exciting place to dine, but if you want a guaranteed good meal for a nice occasion, you can't go wrong. The waiters gauged that we wanted a long leisurely lunch and were attentive but not intrusive, which is exactly the service we wanted. they were helpful when asked and we weren't rushed at all. The food was perfectly cooked, beautifully presented and most importantly, delicious. Try and get a window table if you can - the views are what this place is about. All in all, Galvin at Windows is highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExcellentCharDined on 21/9/2014Wonderful food, wonderful setting and staff so attentive will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousAdnilDined on 20/9/2014Very nice restaurant with an amazing view! The service as well as the food were really good! Rather pricy but worthwile for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceDaveCDined on 19/9/2014Brilliant meal, It was our anniversary. Good views, Bar staff (particularly waitresses) were the best ever, fast, knowledgeable and really friendly. The sommelier was again outstanding, really accommodating, knowledgeable and accepting of my limited wallet. Food was great, nicely balanced and interesting. We had the tasting menu without wines. Next time would try the menu with the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Took a client. Food was exceptional and had a great lunch. Client was very impressed.
- Perfect LocationTopTableNumber1Dined on 19/9/2014Galvin at windows is a perfect location with probaly the best service i have ever received in a restaurantSpecial Features:
- Lunch with a friendDavethedinerDined on 18/9/2014Fantastic views but that is not the only reason for lunching here. The food is superb; beautifully presented and very tasty. The meat was so tender it literally melted in the mouth The set lunch menu with a half a bottle of wine included is exceptionally good value for an experience of this quality. Service is attentive. Overall a memorable lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointedPhillipDined on 17/9/2014We have previously loved this restaurant for its excellent service and food. However, having reserved a table in July requesting a window table for a special occasion, we were disappointed last week to be offered a table in a busy part of the restaurant by the servery. It was not an enjoyable experience. Also, we never manage to eat a set three course meal, so would prefer to have an a la carte choice. £70 a head was a lot for the two meagre courses we had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as usual .........Jacko53Dined on 17/9/2014We went for my wifes' birthday lunch and travelled in from east Kent. She was 'spoilt' thoroughlly which made the whole exercise worthwhile. The food was first class as well as the whole customer care experience and the clam, efficient service. This was not our first visit but the place makes you look forward to coming back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Good food, excellent friendly staff, good atmosphere, and of course outstanding views.Special Features:
- anniversary lunchdavfermanDined on 14/9/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is a favourite of ours. The good is very good, but the youngsters who work there make it a truly special occasion. We had a Wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features:
- ExceptionalIangoDined on 14/9/2014We celebrated an exceptional birthday and without asking we were give the window table overlooking Hyde park. The food was sublime. Exceptional service and made my 12 year old nephew feel very important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing tourist trapKatiaManson1Dined on 13/9/2014Restaurant is in need of a serious revamp, including thorough review of what got them their Michelin star in the first place. Food was ordinary & is so far from the expected best ; in fact it is way below average. Almost £300 of absolutely nothing, even the red wine was too warm when it got to the table. Believe you me, this is your usual tourist trap, where genuinely they don't need repeat business, courtesy of being part of a 5 star tourist hotel on Park Lane! My wife's scallop starter, with just 1 1/2 scallops on a stogy base of parsnip and apple. The chateaubriand was cooked medium rare to perfection , but served with a glutinous , non-complementary fried mushroom/pancetta concoction & very soft roast potatoes . Very disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2014Excellent food and setting. Staff all very good . Good timeSpecial Features:
- Amazing servicealevec8Dined on 11/9/2014Absolutely you pay what you get, an increadible treatment and service. Food is presented magnifically and portions are are perfect for the ambient. It was our anniversary, and at the end they brought us a special cake with written on the plate, happy anniversary! We will never forget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContrastsFood4FunDined on 11/9/2014The food was excellent, matched by the service... What made this a strange experience was the bar area where we were taken for our aperitif. The music was too loud to hold a comfortable conversation and the room was very dimly lit, it was more like a night club than the bar area of a Michelin starred restaurant. The views over London were spectacular but we asked to be moved to our table rather than finish our drinks... So my advice go straight to your table and enjoy good cooking and a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible locationLollipopDined on 9/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten here, the location is so stunning, it is a must! The service and quality of food totally match the location. The set menu is good value, just be warned the drinks can double the price if you don't watch what you order. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- FantasticDonnaDined on 8/9/2014Perfect in every way from the service to the food to the views and the ambience. I cannot fault my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down by small detailsbabaDined on 6/9/2014I would have expected better from a Michelin star restaurant. It's not that we had a bad time. The table was lovely and well-placed and the waiters very helpful. It's just a few things were not quite right. The room was too hot, the monkfish was not warm enough and the baba au rhum dryish. Starters - classic salmon and foie gras-based dishes - were very ordinary too. Of course, it's not very trendy either: Business people, wealthy families and tourists using the Hilton below seemed to populate the room. All in all, a very oil machine but weirdly lacking attention to detail.
- Not worth a pennykevnasDined on 6/9/2014Terrible experience at Galvin at Windows. Not what you expect from a Michelin starred restaurant. Food is really poor, presentation not good either. Far from Michelin standards. We had the prestige menu (how dare they call this a prestige menu?), £70/pers excl. service charge! Outrageous. You'd rather go to gbk, you'll get more for your money. The total bill was nearly £200 for 2, with two glasses of Chablis; totally disproportionate, given the quantity of food you have in your plate. My wife had the chocolate cremeux for dessert, in which you only feel fat and sugar; disgusting. I can't believe all the positive reviews I read on this restaurant, but believe me, if you're looking for a romantic place with nice food, go for another option.Special Features:
- An excellent experienceMaughany12Dined on 6/9/2014The first thing that hits you when you get out of the lift lobby is that the views over London are spectacular. I took my wife for a special birthday treat so we decided to get there early and have a cocktail in the bar first - well worth it. The atmosphere in the bar was very laid back and the cocktails just fantastic. We were lucky to get a table by the window and it was amazing just looking at the skyline and down below to people and traffic going about their business. The food was amazing, the lamb to die for and the apple tart was just incredible. The service was first rate as expected and we couldn't fault it one bit. I would recommend Galvin at Windows to anyone.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Fantastic evening. Was disappointed they ran out of chateaubriand on a Saturday night service at 8.30pm, but the lamb was a worthy substitute. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galvin top class!JoJo74Dined on 6/9/2014Booked this restaurant to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday with friends. Absolutely fantastic from the beautiful decor to the friendly staff. Food was amazing and worth evey penny. The bar was buzzing with great view. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much of a view but not a badDinerDinerBatmanDined on 6/9/2014I booked Galvin first and foremost for the view, it was our first wedding anniversary and I wanted something special for my wife. We were seated on a platform that obstructed any view whatsoever - it feels like most of the tables are on this platform. We asked if we could wait for a window seat and were told abruptly we couldn't. You're served by at least 7 waiting staff, not all of which are overly friendly and some which never smile. The menu was limited and the food good, not mouthwatering, just good. We waited a good 30 mins between courses, the 'perks' of being on the platform we were told, what? At the end of our meal we were treated to behind the scenes in the kitchen and a private viewing deck - too little, too late.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great evening. Perfect destination restaurant for a romantic evening. Service excellent, especially the sommelier.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Food and service excellent but scuttled too expensive.Special Features:
- Galvin at Windows wins againDalmatianVIPDined on 2/9/2014Amazing view! Excellent food and excellent service as usual! And such a great place to bring visitors to London, to show off the view from the restaurant.Special Features:
- JWsteakfanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Wow, wow and wow. Stunning views, amazing food and wonderful service. Th ebest meal that I have had in London for a long time.Special Features:
- SunlightDined on 1/9/2014Beautiful food, amazing views, service a little over-attentive.Special Features:
- FantasticCWRWDined on 30/8/2014Galvin at Windows was briliant, the food was delicious and the service was perfect. We had a wonderful night starting with cocktails in the bar, the restaurant was great, food delicious and the service was exceptional. When they realised our dessert was slightly late they made a real fuss of us and gave us free dessert wine which was delicious- we were not upset at all. We then had a walk through the kitchen and onto the private balcony for views over London- spectacular. The staff were really lovely and everything was perfect, thanksSpecial Features:
- The service was so nice.YinyinDined on 30/8/2014I like the sightseeing of the restaurant and the service. Everyone seems experienced and smiling at me all the time. They are very polite and friendly. When I was going to leave, one of them even helped me to wear my coat. I was totally feel like a lady there. Thanks to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh dearintromickoDined on 29/8/2014Where to begin...? First, the staff where excellent once we'd asked for the serving pace to move from sprint to stroll. The taster with wine paring was good, but too often the wine and food fought for attention on the palate. The exception being the inspired choice made by the Italian sommelier to go with the grouse - a diversion taken mid menu - she has an excellent nose, this choice being the pick of the parings. The real problem is the mid-market feel against a price tag of £500+ for dinner for two; guests who think it appropriate to dine in spandex, music piped though speakers just a little too loud - where was the pianist? With the exception of Nathan Outlaw at the St. Enodoc, we shall avoid restaurants in hotels hereafter.
- Incredible service!FridayfeelingDined on 29/8/2014What a treat we had. We have visited the bar area many times before but never the restaurant, we are sure pleased we gave it a try. Our request for a window seat was met and when we asked to be re-seated (due to our close proximity to reception) it was done with both pleasure and efficiently in equal measures. We were never made to feel we were being a nuisance and were shown to a delightful table on the balcony. The food and service are second to none and I would return for these alone. It has to be said that all the tables have a beautiful view of London so there really is no need to request window seating. Shame the wine isn't a little more affordable but hey, it's London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.