Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
66 Baker Street
London, W1U 7DJNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galvinrestaurants.com/section.php/4/1/galvin_bistrot_de_luxe
- Phone: 020 7935 4007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar
A word from Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
Marylebone restaurant Galvin Bistrot de Luxe was the first in the hugely successful Galvin stable, and the first to win the Galvin brothers their reputation of outdoing the French at classic bistro cooking. Critics and customers consistently rate the top quality French cuisine and affordable prices - the prixe fixe menus represent particularly good value, especially for this chichi area of London. Chef patron Chris Galvin and head chef Luigi Vespero have created an appealing seasonal menu with plenty of French bistro classics and, along with efficient and professional bow-tied staff, have created a very reliable dining destination you’ll be coming back to again and again. Décor at Galvin Bistrot de Luxe is elegant and pared back – leather banquettes and mahogany panelling line the walls and the atmosphere is always bustling – perfect for enjoying full-flavoured French dishes like crab lasagne, garlicky snails, wonderfully soft braised pork cheeks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Galvin Bistrot de Luxe reviews from OpenTable diners
305 reviews since 24 November 2013
business meals (157)fit for foodies (123)special occasions (122)romance (91)pre/post theatre (71)outstanding value (47)sunday lunch (41)group bookings (25)brunch (16)outdoor eating (15)good vegetarian options (12)disabled access (10)afternoon tea (10)child friendly (6)Show More
- Very dependableBensageDined on 13/11/2014Have been here several times. Food is terrific. Worth a detour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galvin Bistro lived up to my expectations again!TankersDined on 13/11/2014A warm welcome and attentive service was followed by a delicious meal. We both had fish- Cod and Sea Bass- and it was excellent. We then had the Tarte Tatin; I doubt you can find better in London!, or even Paris. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely bistrotIanCDined on 8/11/2014We dined on a Saturday night and had the 3 course prix fixé menu which was lovely. Cost was £62/head with 1 bottle of wine between 3 and a couple of other drinks. Very attentive staff. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- One of the best meals in yearsCMA1Dined on 4/11/2014This fabulous restaurant was the setting for a birthday lunch treat. The food was out of this world - the service attentive and friendly but relaxed - the wine list extensive. We had oysters and foie gras to start - both impeccable. The main courses were venison - the best I have ever eaten, beautiful sauce, fabulous flavour, and duck cassoulet - also superb. The atmosphere was convivial - a nice, busy hum, with tables spaced at a good distance so the noise wasn't overwhelming. What an amazing experience - highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucksVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was our second visit and was as good as the first. Nice unusual menuSpecial Features:
- What a great restaurant.DrJohnDined on 3/11/2014Galvin offers fine french dining without the fuss - or the expense, we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat lacklustredoryedgeVIPDined on 2/11/2014Went to Galvin's for Sunday lunch. The restaurant seemed to have last some of its sparkle. Perhaps it is a different matter during the week.
- Buzzing atmosphere of a Paris SalonAnnamoraDined on 31/10/2014Service attentive to the point that 4 waiters individually came and asked us if we would like any water on our taking our table! The waiting staff all were engaging and consistently were on hand to provide us information, opinions and friendly banter when we needed/wanted. Food was delicious and thoughtfully created - innovative creations like a curry sauce, sultanas and endives accompanying a serving of seabass for example. Pricing reflected the high quality of the food, however I did resent the fact the green salad was so small and plain given it cost over £4 - the light dressing was lovely but for a leafy salad this seemed excessive - the only downfall.Special Features:
- Excellent sommelier!anonymousDined on 30/10/2014We had a great suggestion for wine to go with our steak and venison mains. It was an excellent 'primitivo' and best value. Thanks for a lovely meal and great service. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- AlexDined on 29/10/2014We had the fixed price 3 course lunch & it was enjoyed by all in attendanceSpecial Features:
- Very nice lunchDebwarDined on 29/10/2014A great set menu with excellent food - certainly good value for money. The waiter also recommended a delightful British wine which was very good.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningRobWDined on 25/10/2014This is was our second special evening to The Galvin, and t was perfect. Excellent food and service. Faultless.Special Features:
- IangoDined on 22/10/2014The food and staff at this restaurant were impeccable. I had spinach which was caramalised with pine nuts and was stunning. It was one of the most memorable business lunches i have had!Special Features:
- Overpriced for What you receiveBostonianVIPDined on 20/10/2014We have dined here many times and this visit was quite disappointing. My wife's order was mixed up (wrong entrée served; delay then in getting her meal while I had to wait with mine), service was indifferent and the prices now exceed the value of the experience. I doubt we will return.
- DTFLDined on 17/10/2014I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant, excellent food, service and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchFuntimesDined on 17/10/2014Had the fixed price menu for lunch, which I thought was good value for money. The food was good and enjoyable, service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedLuv2eatDined on 8/10/2014Had to ask for the wine list/menu 4 times before our dinner before we finally got it. Later realized that we never received the complimentary champagne that we booked through open table offer. The worst of all, my friend who did not eat pork and got the duck dish with pork even though she specifically asked what's in it before we ordered. Very sad experience overall.Special Features:
- Just okAJB07Dined on 5/10/2014Nice looking brasserie-esque place with a limited French menu. Good set menu options and price and the food was very nice. Service a little hit and miss.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2014good service nice welcome and food good but bit too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceJonetDined on 26/9/2014I love this place. Its a good way of getting an introduction to the Galvin brothers cooking approach and it is very good indeed. We tried the game menu where I had the grouse and my wife had the mallard. Both were full of flavour and suprisingly delicate for game dishes. The sommelier was outstanding with his recommendations and we had a truly enjoyable evening. I cannot help but recommend this place, as the food portions are larger and just as well cooked as other Galvin establishments.Special Features:
- Galvin Bistrot de LuxeickyVIPDined on 18/9/2014An excellent evening from arrival and service and care for detail without intrusion, through to the 3-course menu with great taste and appearance, and of course the value of £23.50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I've hadFionajmacVIPDined on 13/9/2014What can I say? Tick tick tick. The food was sublime, the service was great (especially the maître'd) & the whole thing was casual & enjoyable. It was well-priced for what you get & portions were just right. We will be back! I hope sooner rather than later.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal as alwaysLizleVIPDined on 9/9/2014One of my favourite restaurants in London. Lovely atmosphere, excellent service, excellent food, the best value set menu around. Didn't disappoint as usual. Superb.Special Features:
- Nice evening at Galvins, Baker StBillDined on 8/9/2014I'd say that this is a good place to eat, though my chicken was a bit on the bland side to be honest. I understand the risotto which one of the party had was very good indeed. Its all a bit pricey for what it is, but friendly, service was good and a pretty OK sort of place.Special Features:
- Great food and servicesslonnw3Dined on 6/9/2014We availed of the TopTable prix fixe menu. I rated our experience "outstanding" - for quality, service and value. But be warned their la carte menu is quite priceySpecial Features:
- Consistently superbsreadieDined on 2/9/2014I have eaten here since it opened and it's consistently excellent: superbly cooked food, unfussy, great flavours, friendly staff and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a TreatTastyDined on 26/8/2014My wife and i decided to treat ourselves to lunch as a first visit to Galvins when on a heavy shopping trip to Town. We expected it to be quite expensive but it was not excessive. the food was superb - we had two sources and wine by the glass. All first class as was the service. We will almost certainly go there for our pre-Christmas lunch with friends.Special Features:
- Excellent service, great experienceMagicparkyDined on 22/8/2014We had a relatively quick turnaround time as we were eating pre-theatre. We were on a 'prix fixe' menu, which was very good value. The service was excellent, as was the meal, and the timing was perfect. My girlfriend was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine French foodLondondinerDined on 21/8/2014Beautifully presented food that tastes just as good. Service is elegant without being pretentious. Lovely evening had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucksVIPDined on 21/8/2014First time at this restaurant. It an easy ride from Marylebone which is good. A very good meal, good service and lovely place. So many good restaurants that we patronise have closed down and looking for replacements. This is definitely on the list, JWSpecial Features:
- Favourite in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014Love the escargot, steak tartare and specials. Favourite restaurant in London. Excellent wine list tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, amazing valuedocdDined on 19/8/2014I really really enjoyed dinner here. Prix fixe 3 courses and cocktail for £23 is remarkable value. The 475ml carafe of wine is a sensible size and good value. Service couldn't be faulted. I was hugely impressed - and that doesn't happen often!
- Perfect ProfessionalismdelicieuxVIPDined on 16/8/2014Our first visit to Galvin Bistrot de Luxe was for pre-theatre dinner but it certainly won't be the last as we were all very impressed by the ambience, the friendly, helpful and efficient staff and above all the delicious food. We had opted for the fixed price menu deal (3 courses and a Champagne cocktail for £25) and although it wasn't and extensive list (3 dishes for each course), what we had was very well presented, all guests were served simultaneously and it tasted fantastic. This establishment has a very good wine list and we chose a delightful white Cote du Rhone which complemented our food perfectly. All my friends agreed we would definitely return next time we're off to the Regents Park Theatre. Don't miss this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent friday lunchSheltonDined on 15/8/2014Great food, wonderful atmosphere and exceptional service for Friday lunch menu. Great value and included a champagne cocktail. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great food, service and locationSusanDined on 14/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to this Galvin restaurant and the open table deal was excellent value . One criticism - the chicken breast in the coq au vin was dry (the chicken on the bone was perfect). Everything else was absolutely great Will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt so goodNenetteDined on 13/8/2014We had a very good time at Galvin. The food is simple but very good. The bread and butter are exceptional. The service is incredibly friendly and professional. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- AmazingWELLFEDJLHDined on 12/8/2014We had the set menu which represented fantastic value. We had a choice of 3 things at each course and each was delicious - especially the coq au vin! Great service and lovely French environment. A really great evening with friends - already booked to go back with another set of friends before the offer ends on 31st!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!FoodieDined on 9/8/2014I was an bit uncertain when I booked this place as Baker St didn't seem like a very exciting location. I'm so glad we went. It was truly delightful. The food, the ambience the service was really good. My husband and one of our friends, who ordered the Hake found it too salty and told the waiter. It wasn't a complaint but feedback as it really was too much salt. To the credit of the restaurant, the waiter returned to say he had passed on the comments to the chef which was good.Special Features:
- GalvinDelicissimo1Dined on 7/8/2014THis is my second visit. food well executed, waiters attentive to details.well worth another visit. Good value for money with opentable dealSpecial Features:
- Reliably enjoyablePitchPerfectPaulDined on 7/8/2014Great restaurant for reliably enjoyable food and wine, and attentive good quality service. This was my third time there, and it's lived up to my expectations each time. Friendly ambience - perfect for meeting friends for lunch, a romantic dinner, or entertaining a few clients.Special Features: