84 - 86 Albion Street
Glasgow, G1 1NYNeighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafegandolfi.com/
- Phone: 01415529475x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jamie MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The whole of Gandolfi Fish may be booked out for private parties, weddings, engagements or birthdays. To discuss availability and menus please call the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Contact: Lynne Parker 0141 552 9475x
- Entertainment: We hold regular food and wine pairings, matching different courses with individually chosen wines, please look at our website www.cafegandolfi.com (select Gandolfi Fish from the home page) for more details.
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk from High street train station.
Argyle street is one of Glasgow's main thoroughfares and the restaurant is a 2 minute walk up Albion street.
As Argyle street is a main road it is very well served by numerous busses.
St Enochs underground station is 15 minute walk away and Argyle street train station is 10 minutes away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is free after 6pm and metered before in bays outside the restaurant, there is also a car park across the road which holds approx. 100 cars and is also metered.
A word from Gandolfi Fish
Seumas had often dreamt of opening a fish restaurant and in June 2007 that was exactly what he did. The doors of Gandolfi Fish opened to a warm welcome from Glasgow's foodies who were eager to taste the delights from this sleek new arrival to the Merchant City. Gandolfi Fish features as one of Ron Mackenna's top 25 Scottish restaurants (The Herald) and has once again made the grade and been Hitlisted by The List. There's a simple elegance to the food, complemented by clean, modern lines and floor-to ceiling windows that allow diners to watch the Merchant City go by. Smart and comfortable, Gandolfi Fish will suit anyone who enjoys the fruits of the sea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Gandolfi Fish - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
Gandolfi Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since 6 May 2014
fit for foodies (63)special occasions (55)pre/post theatre (50)business meals (34)romance (30)sunday lunch (20)outstanding value (12)group bookings (10)disabled access (7)brunch (4)outdoor eating (2)good vegetarian options (2)child friendly (2)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- That was the best...SnapshottsDined on 23/8/2014I used the above title because I heard it more than a few times during my recent visit to Gandolfi Fish. The food, the wine, the service were all great. You very much get what you pay for in this terrific restaurant. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastyJennieDDined on 16/8/2014I love coming here for a relaxed dinner. The food is always fantastic, with some interesting choices as well as more traditional options. If you love fish and seafood, this is definitely a place to visit. Its very friendly as well, not hurried, but still feels efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stars say it allJaimedosDined on 15/8/2014Excellent food and service. Highly recommended. Not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABrown68Dined on 7/8/2014First time visitor to Gandolfi Fish, will not be that last as throughly enjoyed our evening. Food and Service was splendid - just as it should be everywhere but not always the case. If you have not been then give it a go.Special Features:
- FabulousMrspDined on 2/8/2014Scallops were fab I had them with black pud for starter and hubby had them as a main .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLoveditDined on 2/8/2014Not eaten in Gandolfi Fish for over a year but it was excellent as always - would highly recommend their cocktails. The Parma Violet martini, Hendricks Bramble and Expresso martini were all lovely. Oh and the food was excellent too!Special Features:
- gandolfi fishrudi2shoesluvsfoodDined on 1/8/2014One of our fave places to go in glasgow . Great food and atmosphere . Relaxed and friendly attentive staff . Carly always makes us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Great for Allergy SufferersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014We went to Gandolfi Fish as it was our Wedding Anniversary, and we had a great time. I have unusual food allergies but they were handled brilliantly; at no time did I feel I was "causing hassle" or was a "difficult customer" and that made such a difference to our evening. The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and efficient.. We were there on a Friday night during the Commonwealth Games and the town was jumping, but despite being so busy the staff still had time for their customers. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food as usual !GlasgowNoshDined on 28/7/2014Great, fresh food as usual from Gandolfi Fish. Friendly service. Good value. A Glasgow favourite !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bandaDined on 28/7/2014Friendly and helpful service in very comfortable surroundings. We enjoyed an excellent meal after a fantastic day at the Games.I would recommend this to a friend.
- salmonidDined on 26/7/2014On an extremely busy night during The Commonwealth Games, the restaurant was buzzing and the quality of the food and the service provided was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish & Chips at Gandolfi FishDougieMckgrubDined on 25/7/2014Booked Gandolfi fish because of proximity to Glasgow City Halls. Would recommend Gandolfi fish to any lovers of seafood. We had the basic battered haddock, chips and peas, all were excellent. Service was also good with very friendly waitress in attendance. Only criticism was price, even for a city centre restaurant I thought the meals were a bit pricey as were the drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish....iainwishDined on 20/7/2014The fixed lunch menu was good value and service was friendly. sad there were less than 10 covers on a Sunday for a place of this quality.Special Features:
- Amazing cuisine!FussyEaterDined on 19/7/2014I booked this restaurant for my partner's birthday as a pre-theatre meal and on the recommendation of a friend. As a very fussy eater who is semi-vegetarian (eat chicken and some fish), I thought I may struggle a little with the menu choices, but I was genuinely delighted with the wise choice as well as the different options for set pre-theatre dinners. I opted for the vegetable tempura with chilli dip as a starter and the breaded sole with jersey royals which was a special as a main, and it was the most delicious fish I've ever eaten. My partner had the monkfish skewers and half lobster - all of it was very delicately cooked and just enough seasoning, all in all a very good meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ace FoodCpldocDined on 16/7/2014The food in this restaurant is absolutely amazing, especially if you're a lover of fish, and, if not, there is also a steak available. The service is second to none, they just cant do enough for you. I would recommend Gandolfi Fish to anyone, as, this is our second visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luap58Dined on 12/7/2014Have eaten at Gandolfi Fish before . This time I felt rushed to our table and the welcome was a little off hand and too casual . Having said that the service was fine but it might work a little better if one waiter took control , we were asked 3 times if we want to order drinks by 3 different people and served by 3 different people . Overall a good experience but not special .
- 1st time @ cafe gandolfiHappyCoupleDined on 12/7/2014This was a 1st time visit to cafe gandolfi, special occassion for my wife's 30th. the food was fantastic, service was great, the staff were very attentive and prompt with food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDAVIDDined on 11/7/2014Table booked at 9.00pm and as it was a quiet night, they wanted rid of us after 11.00pm. Asked several times if 'we were finished with our cheeseboard, which we were clearly not and empty wine glass removed from my dining companion without being offered another. Baked alaska desert served cold from fridge...hardly what you expect at the price. All in all a bif disappointment.
- Sadly did not meet expectationsRayogiDined on 10/7/2014When we come to Glasgow we like to come to book at least one visit to one of the two Gandolfi restaurant. Sadly on this particular visit the food and service was average for all three courses. This was very disappointing has in the past we have had both excellent food and service. Hopefully will improve on our next visit.
- Excellent experienceCpldocDined on 5/7/2014The wine list is amazing, and, excellent quality. The food is out of this world. The service is so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening mealJSW1Dined on 26/5/2014Courteous, attentive service with good quality food well presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Business LunchBalachUibhistDined on 21/5/2014Great venue for a business lunch, open contemporary restaurant, just enough attention from the staff, quick and efficient service, no negativesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service, very good foodmikeysozDined on 18/5/2014The hosts and service staff were extremely accommodating and kind. The food very good, although the chips were disappointing as they're frozen/oven chips that are deep fried instead of real potato. Oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingDeeMDined on 15/5/2014Given the fact that this is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Glasgow, we found the food bland, old fashioned and lacking in creativity. Nothing wrong with it, really, but for the price, I was hoping for something a bit more memorable. It reminded me of high quality hotel food from back when I was a teenager, in the 1980s. Butter and cream were ubiquitous. I'd recommend this place for those who are cautious about new flavours or for work groups where some of the people are moving out of their comfort zone if the fish isn't deep fried.Special Features:
- Love the foodKrischimDined on 20/4/2014The food was really lovely. Even a simple fish and chips has been turned in something really special. The glass of champagne rose was lovely and the selection great. Only downside was the very empty locale but I think it was down to the day as most people were off for the long weekend. The staff still made us feel very welcomed!Special Features:
- Not a patch on the CrabshakkJimmyF01Dined on 19/4/2014The food was pretty average for what they charge. We were disappointed with the sharing platter for two at £20, no clams, no mussels and no crab, just some langoustines, prawns And scallops with salad, nope not worth it. The main dishes were much better but my wife chose haddock which she said was greasy . Paper napkins you need to request at this level is poor I am afraidSpecial Features:
- Gandolfi fishwelikeourgrubDined on 19/4/2014As name suggests fish is featured highly! Pre theatre is good value at £15.99 for 2 courses and £17.99 for 3 courses. As a family with teenagers the only obvious for them was the tomato and basil soup followed by fish and chips. Fish was nice but batter a bit too heavy. Overall nice experience, lots of wine and beer to choose from. Service could be more attentive!Special Features:
- I have a gluten intolerancePickyeaterDined on 12/4/2014I have a gluten intolerance and am always wary about trying new restaurants but I need not have worried. They were very helpful and made sure what I ordered was gluten free even providing GF oatcakes instead of bread. Our food was excellently prepared, beautifully fresh and most enjoyable. The staff were very welcoming and unobtrusively attentive. The next time we are in Glasgow we will definitely go back and will have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but short staffedBiscuitDined on 8/4/2014Pre theatre on a Tuesday night. Both starters were delicious - some of the best muscles we've had - and the mains were excellent too. Appealing range of wines by the glass. Only downside was that the two serving staff seemed a bit swamped. It was hard to catch their attention, and on one occasion our request was forgotten for several minutes. As a result we ran out of time to order any dessert. Hopefully just a glitch, as we'd like to try again...
- Left HungryUnhappyDined on 8/4/2014I had been to Gandolfi Fish for lunch in the past and had enjoyed it, however having tried it for an evening meal, I was very disappointed to find that having ordered the Fishcake £14, that was it in fact, just that, a single Fishcake with a slice of lemon and a little pot of garnish. At the time of ordering, there was no mention of any additional extras, therefore I assumed that it came with, perhaps a few small potatoes. A very expensive Fishcake.
- Lovely birthday mealFishfanDined on 6/4/2014We have been to Gandolfi Fish many times and it is always top notch - the food is fantastic and the staff are laid back but attentive at the same time. The ambience is just right, music not too loud (for us oldies!) and nice jazz. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More please!RLN1Dined on 6/4/2014Excellent meal nicely served but slightly expensive overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshLisanDaveDined on 5/4/2014Our meal at Gandolfi was superb. A lovely selection of fish and shellfish. In particular the langoustines were delightful. The waitress was able to tell us where they came from in Scotland and that they had arrived that morning... you can't get any fresher. We also liked the way the chef chose things to accompany the fish. The venison with the scallops was genius. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers' DayBobTDined on 30/3/2014My favourite restaurant pulled out all the stops with a fantastic Mothers' Day menu. Great food, great service, and fantastic value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceTbo30Dined on 29/3/2014Thank you for a wonderful time .Food was great and thought the place itself was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for money.gordyDined on 29/3/2014Where else in the city are you offered the chance to taste the wine before you buy. It is only those that are available by the glass but that is not a problem. Wonderful Beer Batter and scrummy chips make for a great traditional scottish fish SUPPER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent nighttwraffertyDined on 28/3/2014Very good food, excellent service, marvellous wine list and lovely ambiance. The scallops were great, beautifully cooked & presented. Cheeseboard was delicious. Service was especially good - a great balance of efficient, welcoming and professional. Highly recommended for a special meal / night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSmiffyDined on 17/3/2014I had lunch with my cousin at Gandolphi Fish on Monday 17th March. My starter was calimari which was really good. The main course I had requested was a fish pie. It wasn't particularly well presented in a metal pie dish However, when I put my fork in, I could see that the pie was swimming in, as the waiter said, bechamel sauce. I felt that there was far too much liquid in the fish pie and requested instead a simple fish and chips main course which was excellent. I have been to Gandolphi Fish before and was disappointed with this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- done to prefectionthesecretfiferDined on 15/3/2014Managed to book a table for two for 5pm on a Saturday nite, we were very lucky ! Straight from arrival to final goodbye, it was an awesome experience!! I would recommend the oysters, peat smoked hadfock and if the have it the sea bass. staff were friendly , attentive and efficent, all in all , high quality service , food , a true jewel in Glasgow foodie sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fish currysusan1glasgowDined on 7/3/2014We had the pretheatre menu and this was varied. I had the fish curry which was delicious. My husband had the salmom lasagna which he said was very good though he had to send it back to be reheated. Because of this hiccuogh we were not charge for our coffees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.