5 Finsbury Avenue
London, EC2M 2PGNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072566877
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Ron Lento
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have fantastic facilities for Private Dining. Our 'Zuccardi Room', a sophisticated private dining room, offers the perfect space for 10 - 16 guests for corporate or private dining. We also welcome private hire of the restaurant during weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Lia Villarreal Cruz 02072566877
A word from Gaucho Broadgate
From the moment you enter the "glass box" which is Gaucho Broadgate's bar, one fact is assured - the dining experience will be nothing short of special and unique. The bar offers an elegant slice of city life, ideal for drinks and canapé receptions for parties up to 20 guests. Gaucho Broadgate's restaurant is accessed solely through this stunning 360 glass reception bar where stairs lead down to the dining room - exuding sultry style and elegance. Additionally Gaucho Broadgate offers the 'Zuccardi Room' a sophisticated private dining room, blending a solid oak table with floor to ceiling windows. The Zuccardi room will seat 10-16 guests in comfort and is offered with a unique tasting menu complete with a sommelier on hand to ensure the perfect dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gaucho Broadgate - Best restaurants in Liverpool Street ›
Gaucho Broadgate reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since 26 May 2014
business meals (126)special occasions (96)romance (73)group bookings (52)fit for foodies (50)pre/post theatre (17)disabled access (11)outstanding value (8)outdoor eating (6)sunday lunch (4)child friendly (3)good vegetarian options (2)brunch (1)Show More
- brilliant placehunter24Dined on 20/9/2014Took my (at the time) girlfriend out for dinner for her birthday where i proposed to her! all the staff were so helpful and kind and helped me out immensely. I couldn't thank them more for that. the food was amazing as always and the steak is like you have never tasted before. i wouldn't go too often as for me, its a place that i want to think of as a really special occasion. food is lovely, staff are great and lovely atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!HappyeaterDined on 20/9/2014Dined here for my birthday with my partner and 2 of our friends.......wonderful experience! Had a drink upstairs first, we were told to relax and take our time.....no pressure to rush down at the time of your booking. Staff were fantastic, explained the menu and the cuts of meat and the best way to have them cooked. Food was beautiful, best piece of steak I've ever eaten, didn't even need a steak knife to cut it! Once we finished and asked for the bill our server offered to collect our belongings from the cloak room and call us a cab. Overall an amazing experience, would definitely go back and recommend to friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We've been to quite a few of the Gaucho's dotted around London. This one was OK but not great. The staff were all pleasant and friendly. The service was slow to take our order and then very keen to rush us through dinner. We'd only got half way through the bread and the main course was brought out within 5 minutes of the bread arriving. It was too soon. For a £200 meal out this should have been a longer experience. We were done in 45mins.Special Features:
- MichaelaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 13/9/2014Get prepared to eat in the dark! We could barely see our menus and had to use a torch on our iphones to make out the choices. Wine is certainly not cheap (£47 + for a bottle). Our starters arrived before our drinks did which seemed odd. We had to remind our waitress 2-3 times to bring a jug of tap water. When the food arrived , it was superb however. I didn't order a dessert as was too full up. Probably would not go back there if paying myself as it was super expensive. May go there on company business using company credit card!Special Features:
- FrankBullittDined on 12/9/2014An amazing looking restaurant and great food, but SO ridiculously dark inside. Needed phone torch to see menu and it just makes you feel sleepy. Great food, good srvice, although a little slow. Sat at 8.30, ordered at 8.55. I wouldn't go back because of 'the darkness'.....
- PedroDined on 9/9/2014Staff are too pushy, filling glass too often to finish the bottle. Steak was great.Special Features:
- Excellent!sophiemitchellDined on 2/9/2014Service was great, our waitress Magda was truly amazing. Great cocktails at the bar as well as great food in the restaurant. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho Broadgate = Outstanding MealKunavDined on 30/8/2014Our experience at Gaucho's was amazing. Although slightly hard to find amidst the coves and walkways of London streets it's a great place to eat. The food although expensive is to a high standard. Their speciality steaks are great and they seem to be renowned for them. The only negative comments I give were about the lacking of lighting in the restaurant seeing as we went during the late evening and the poor vegetarian selection. The starters for vegetarians all have cheese and there are only two mains to choose from (however, both are great). The best thing about the night were the staff who were absolutely fantastic and attentive. They weren't dull in any way and were helpful and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!live2eatDined on 26/8/2014My first visit to Gaucho Broadgate for lunch. The service was outstanding, with extremely friendly and welcoming staff. We were seated downstairs, and the ambience was wonderful, you would not believe we were in the heart of bustling Broadgate. The food was very well prepared and presented, and was very good value for money. They also have a very well stocked bar, with an impressive wine menu - will definitely come again!Special Features:
- my viewstix703Dined on 23/8/2014lighting poor could not see my partner across the table and made the reading of the menu difficult which is why I ended up paying 60 pounds for a bottle of white wine when I was just seeking for a normal run of the mill house wine. Main course was delicious but pricey.Special Features:
- Average food, worse servicenguerra11Dined on 29/7/2014I personally thought the steak was fairly chewy, I also had the ceviche which was nice but nothing special and was tony for the price it was. It took ages to get served and the staff constantly forgot things, wouldn't recommend a visitSpecial Features:
- Gorgeous steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2014This is not a cheap place to eat, but having said that it is an experience I will be doing again. From the moment you walk through the door you are welcomed by all of the staff, the food is so gorgeous, the steak whichever cut you choose, melts in the mouth. Staff are knowledgable about their products and are happy to help you. Do visit it's dining at it best. The location is tucked away and the atmosphere is fab. Hank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic afternoonEntertainingDined on 11/7/2014I took a client for lunch and we didn't leave until after 8o/c. The food was great, the service was good and the atmosphere was relaxed. Despite staying several hours longer than expected we weren't rushed in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks & great serviceFraserRDined on 5/7/2014We went there for my daughter's 30th birthday. There were 4 of us in the party. We were welcomed in the bar and shown promptly to resraurant area. We were greeted in a friendly manner and shown to our seats. They immediately offered us water. We were left alone to browse the menu and our waitress came over with a selection of the cuts to show us what we would order and which cuts were best for rare, medium rare, well done etc. The cocktails were wonderful (according to my wife,daughter and daughter-in-law (I was driving). The staff know the food being served and any questions we had regarding the food they could answser. The food was cooked to perfection and served in a very appertizing manner. A really good experience. A lot more to say...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too dark to seeDiningdivaDined on 2/7/2014Good steak but expensive extras. Service was friendly and efficient but many of the staff struggled to speak understandable English and it is so dark it's very hard to read the menu and even see the food!
- 2nd visit, 2nd mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/6/2014This is the 2nd time I have been to Gauchos in the last 6 months and although the food is undeniably good. The service seems to lack. On the first visit it was slow and clumsy with drinks turning up incorrectly or not turning up at all. And main courses being delivered up to 5 minutes between the 4 of us. The worst part of both visits is that when the bill was given to us; on both occasions it was massively incorrect. The first occasion a another tables drinks order was added to our bill making the bill £650 when it should have been £400 and on the second visit. 2 bottles of prosecco we're added adding £100 to our bill between 2 of us. I wonder if they do this as most guests don't check their bill????Special Features:
- Fabulous evening & dinnerMATODined on 21/6/2014As always with Gaucho's the food, ambiance and staff were fantastic. Dinner was delicious. Just love the interior of the Restaurants.Special Features:
- Great steak placeFoodieDined on 20/6/2014I'm a fan of Gaucho generally and this was my first time at this particular one. Nice ambience - with the usual Gaucho feel, but a bit of city chic also. The food was excellent, as expected. Was curious about the port-style Argentinian wine to accompany dessert and was given a taster to try, which was accommodating of them. Service was excellent, very welcoming and attentive, but not obtrusive. My only criticism was perhaps the fact that we were asked about our meal by 3 different people - two that we knew, which was fine, but then some other seemingly random member of staff... ? Anyway, it was a very nice night and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- AmazingMartsDined on 16/6/2014First time at Gaucho Broadgate as I always go to Farringdon, the food was amazing and the staff are so friendly and helpful. Our server Serena was a delight and knowledgeable about the food on offer, she helped me pick my steak and advissed me what sauce went best with it. Will defo be going again as the restaurant itself is beautiful.Special Features:
- Good restaurantGineBDined on 14/6/2014It was a nice diner, excellent meat and excellent service. The only not really classy thing is that you have to add money for everything you eat. For example, if you order meat, the dish will come without nothing else. You have to pay extra even for the sauce (3£) whereas the waitress never mentioned that. Otherwise, it's a nice atmosphere and the service is irreproachable.Special Features:
- Slow service.Nunu82Dined on 13/6/20144th meal I have ever had in a Gaucho restaurant and my first in this location. This meal was by far my least favourite experience. The service was slow and clumsy. And the steaks were not cooked to specification. Considering the restaurant was nearly empty I expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value and average foodAwraggDined on 12/6/2014I had a lunch with a customer an my business partner on Thursday, June 12th. The greeting was friendly and efficient. We ordered a selection of empanadas for three, but they were very poor. Tasteless, watery and not pleasant. At all. Also, they tried to deliver our main course before we had received the starters! The meat was good but not the best I've had. The bill was way above what I expected to pay and considering the low quality food, did not represent good value. I will not be returning.
- Very nice lunchNicolaDined on 11/6/2014We have all be to a Gaucho before and knew what to expect and we were not disappointed on this visit. There was a special spring lunch menu of which we had the 3 course option. We enjoyed the food selection and it offered a good value lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgpcamDined on 24/5/2014Staff very friendly food great, loved that the manager came over introduced himself and made sure we felt welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 21/5/2014Had a great evening and our server was excellent, her wine recommendation was outstanding and it's obvious they train the guys well in all aspects of wine and food matchingSpecial Features:
- Bit disappointedWadeyDined on 20/5/2014Having eaten in a few Gaucho's before I told my guests to expect something special - as that's what I'd experienced previously, the best steak I'd ever eaten. However, my 450gm fillet was disappointing. it was ok, but nothing special. Service got slower as evening progressed despite it not being very busy.Special Features:
- Fab VenueCarnivoreDined on 17/5/2014Shared a special dinner with a friend and had a great time. Food superb and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch timefshah13Dined on 14/5/2014Booked a table of 7 for a special lunch for a colleague due to be married. Excellent lunch had by all. Starter and mains very good, majority of us had the sirloin steak and it was very good. Starters were also very tasty, had the pate or the chilli calamari. Sauce for the starter and main was also good. Overall had a positive experience and would return.Special Features:
- Superb diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The meat is of very good quality, the wine list outstanding and the service is of high standard.Special Features:
- PerfectReedyDined on 3/5/2014The setting is perfect inside the food is sublime you cannot go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 24/4/2014This is not a cheap restaurant but always delivers a great experience from the bar to the table. The meat is always well presented and cooked to perfection and the wine list is very carefully chosen. I love the fact that the restaurant is unique in that it it lives beneath the Broadgate square and always impresses friends, family and business customers when we go there. I go here regularly and have never yet been disappointed, however it is not for the fainthearted when the bill arrives :-)Special Features:
- DinerDined on 24/4/2014We went for the Spring lunch menu offer - £26 for three courses. The food was nice and the service attentive though sometimes a little too much (got asked three times if the main course was ok!) Would certainly recommend it for value for money
- ConsistentFullupDined on 11/4/2014Good food, quality of steak is always best here compared to their other locations. Service was very good. Always seems better than other gaucho locations because of less tourists here, and more business types.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but dear wineJunkoDined on 10/4/2014Five of us dined on Thursday night and we received very good service. The steaks were really good and the sides were good too with the exception of the rather soggy chips. Only issue I had was the price of wine - the cheapest red was £26 a bottle and cheapest Malbec £27.95.Special Features:
- Excellent food but intrusive staffLetthemeatsteakDined on 9/4/2014I can't fault the nice atmosphere, excellent wine and attentive staff. However, the wine list had little under £40 and the cheaper wines were buried in the middle of the list, which is very sneaky, My main compliant is the intrusiveness of the serving staff. They were constantly hovering around the table, whipping away vegetable dishes the second the contents had been transferred over to the plates. The second we finished, they swooped, whipping away the plates and asking if we wanted dessert/coffee. It was a reasonably quiet Wednesday night and I don't imagine they needed a second sitting so it was incredibly annoying. Staff should be available if needed but not hanging around the table. I won't be going back
- Great for a work dinnerEmberMumDined on 9/4/2014We took a bunch of our global managers out for dinner and had a great time. Food was very good, and the service was excellent. Not cheap, but OK when work is paying!Special Features:
- great restaurantHEBSDined on 9/4/2014Back yet again to Gaucho Broadgate. Service a little slow on this occasion and not up to the usual high standards. Food fine. New menu.Special Features:
- Lunch with a colleagueMartinDined on 9/4/2014Good value set lunch menu, Both started with chilli calamari, nice but a bit lacking in chilli. I had sirloin steak for main course, my colleague had chicken, both very good. Both finished with chocolate and raspberry parfait, tasted fantastic but presentation let it down as very uninspired. Overall a nice lunch and cant complain at £40 per head for 3 courses including drinks and tip.Special Features:
- Gaucho BroadgateHEBSDined on 3/4/2014Great reception, great food. Service a little slow on this occasion,but will be back.Special Features:
- single dinnermrfoodcriticDined on 22/3/2014From being met and greeted in the top bar, top table service from Margarita to being seen out personally by the manageress Olga, the customer service was the best i have ever experienced in a London restaurant. I ordered a simple 300gram rib eye medium rare, with chips and a peppercorn sauce. It arrived cooked to perfection.i enjoyed their wheat beer and a glass of beautiful merlot The ambience is nice and relaxed.Three beers, a glass of wine, steak and chips with peppercorn sauce £56 plus tip. and worth every penny! Well Done everyone at Broadgate Gaucho but well done most to Olga for her personal attentive service to a single customer.I will most certainly be back for another top steak in the next London visit.Cheers from Adam,Devon.Special Features: