Gaucho Charlotte Street
60 Charlotte Street
London, W1T 2NUNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
Gaucho Charlotte Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075806252
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sun 12:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
- Entertainment: DJ Music on Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights
A word from Gaucho Charlotte Street
With a beautiful and modern tasting room, contemporary bar and decadent 150 cover restaurant, Gaucho Charlotte Street sits perfectly in its creative and eclectic surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Charlotte Street reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (194)business meals (113)romance (112)fit for foodies (95)group bookings (95)pre/post theatre (47)outstanding value (9)sunday lunch (9)child friendly (6)good vegetarian options (5)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (4)brunch (4)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Steak like butterMrsKHDined on 28/10/2014My first time to Gaucho and it lived up to expectations. The steak and wine was great. The venue lends itself to a saturday night pre-club, good for a fun night out.Special Features:
- Good steak fun decorMardenVIPDined on 26/10/2014This is a regular for us. My son's favourite place. Steaks are always flavourful and good. Have the Lomo. The cowhide decor is fun and comfortable (lots of booths) and staff very friendly.
- Birthday DinnerAnneDined on 25/10/2014We had dinner on Saturday to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Our table wasn't ready when we arrived,we were eventually taken to the bar. Given cocktail menus then when we had decided no one came to take the order. Told our table was ready and we should now order at our table. Given a second set of cocktail menus then it took ten minutes for drinks order to be taken. Table was small for six people, food was fine but not as good as usual in the three other Gauchos we have visited. Rump steak was very tough and not well cooked. Prices very high for what we had. I'd told the restaurant it was my husband's birthday when they called to confirm and was told they would organise something to celebrate. Didn't happen....disappointing.Special Features:
- Good news, bad newsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/10/2014The booking arrangements were faultless and the restaurant followed up very courteously to make sure I hadn't forgotten the booking. The food was excellent. However, the whole restaurant and bar area is excessively noisy. We had to shout all evening to hear each other. The problem is not so much the music, though that could be turned down a bit (and it's not up to much anyway), but the fact that there are no soft furnishings of any kind to absorb the general hubbub. This was quite a disappointment after my previous experience at Gaucho Chancery Lane. While the food was unquestionably very good, it is, equally unquestionably, very expensive. Overall, this was reasonable, though not good, value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outT4LLE5TDined on 22/10/2014If you're looking for an evening restaurant then this Gaucho is perfect and as is always the case some of the best steak and service in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steak, ambienceTheMeatManDined on 17/10/2014Unique, fancy ambience. Wonderful food, helpful staff, and a really top night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- £'s have gone up but still fabulousSteaksteaksteakDined on 16/10/2014Have been to the Charlotte Street Gaucho a few times and always loved it. Prices have gone up a fair bit but the food remains deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal great serviceSPNODined on 15/10/2014We ate at Gaucho Charlotte Street post theatre. The service was excellent: knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- BrilliantCliveDined on 11/10/2014We had a fantastic evening thank you so much top class as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore GlamourGreenerSophDined on 10/10/2014Glitzy, glamourous and a little bit gaudy if we're honest, Gaucho Charlotte Street provided a buzzing, well crafted Bacchanalian feast of firey Argentinian surf and turf. The light, piquant ceviche is the perfect precursor to the hefty steaks served with zingy side dishes of french beans and chilli or rich earthy field mushrooms. Desserts were a bit disappointing. Wine list bemusing but you should be fine if you stick to Malbec or ask for a recommendation. Reassuringly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak steak steakSteak4meDined on 9/10/20149 of us went to Gaucho for a birthday meal. From when we entered we were greeting with smiles and a very professional service. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the vast menù choices and the wines or soft drinks that would accentuate the flavours. The dark mood lighting at 7:30pm helped by creating an excellent atmosphere for group bookings and romance dinners. My grumble would be the cost of the steak. Although advertised as an Argentine restaurant the steak sounded as though it is sourced from Scotland. So is the price justified?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I have never been to Gaucho's before so i took my boyfriend for his 25th birthday. We both absolutely love steak but we both said we have never tasted anything like the steak we were served on Wednesday evening -IT was amazing - as was the service! Thank you guys so much for making his birthday! We will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- Superb relaxed EveningMikeyHDined on 2/10/2014The whole night from start to finish was amazing, upon arrival a fantastic cocktail from the mixologist started the evening, after that we were taken to our table, the service was first class and the knowledge from service (Federico) was outstanding, along with the help from the wine director (Phil) I had an amazing malbec to accompany my superb 800g spiral cut rib eye. I am a meat eater amongst all meat eaters but found this far superior to Hawksmoor. I also went with a vegetarian who was not short of choice and had an incredible Monkfish plate which was bursting with flavour. I would recommend this to anyone, slightly pricey but if a special occasion definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Relaxed and enjoyablePbennyDined on 1/10/2014I sent my parents and in-laws here for my mother in law's 70th birthday. They had a superb time. They said that the service was great, the food was lovely and the atmosphere was relaxed. They particularly commented on how the staff seemed to enjoy what they were doing and how happy they all seemed! They made a fuss of my mother in law with a card and candles in the dessert. Thank you for making their visit so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue for a business DinnerErskineDined on 29/9/2014First visit to Gaucho for a year or two and the experience is still as good as ever. Excellent food good service and value. Will keep coming on the basis of this experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glammy decor, lacklustre serviceStephenDined on 27/9/2014Had a really lovely meal at Gaucho Charlotte Street. The entrance and decor are sort of Gucci in the bling days, which makes for a glitzy evening. Food was excellent, steaks obviously, in interesting cuts, totally mouth-wateringly soft and full of flavour. Vegetables perfectly crisp too, although the chip were dire. Starters ok, but avoid the crab which even came in the shape of the tin it must've come out of. We sat on the balcony which was good as you could see everything on the main floor below, but without the excessive noise. Loads of emphasis on Argentina, but unfortunately most of the waiting staff had thick Eastern European accents so were indecipherable in the general noise. Food excellent, glitzy decor, poor waiting staff.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJmahginDined on 27/9/2014This was our first time at Gaucho and we were impressed wth the very good service and food. Primarily a steak restaurant with a wide variety of cuts to choose from. Prices rage accordingly. We will certainly use the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Theatre DinnerJohnnyDined on 26/9/2014Pleasant greeting at front door. Food and wine quality superb. Setting in keeping but a little noisy. Poor waiter service - long delay to take order, inflexible with vegetable order, did not clarify steak sizes (assumed all wanted the same), and abrupt, though did engage us in conversation. Went post theatre on a Friday night at 10.30 pm, had only a main course and was surprised to be the last to leave. Over-priced.Special Features:
- Could be bettergwilli16Dined on 20/9/2014First time I have dined at this particular Gaucho, I must confess that the staff were first class. I was left disappointed at some quality of the food, but was overall fair. it could of been a better, may need some persuasion to go back to this Gaucho.Special Features:
- Worth a visit, amazingly good meat!PowerPuffDined on 18/9/2014Delicious food, friendly staff, well worth a visit!Special Features:
- Lovely treatNickDined on 13/9/2014We visited this restaurant as an anniversary dinner before the theatre. The ambiance and service are wonderful, and the steaks delicious. Would visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat and wineTigger79Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent quality in a very nice environment. Great service.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening with good foodSillen42Dined on 6/9/2014All in the family enjoyed their food from grandparents (65+) to the grandchildren (20+). We had a cosy table for all 7 of us. The Churrasco was wonderful and the cheeses after was to die for.Special Features:
- RWRWnMTDined on 24/8/2014Good quality steaks and good quality wine. Also good ambience (a good place to take a girl on a date).Special Features:
- Top drawer food and serviceThatKearsDined on 23/8/2014First time at Gaucho and was extremely impressed with both the food and service. My girlfriend and I both had the chorizo starter which was excellent (pretty big starter though if that's a problem). For mains I had the rib eye whilst my girlfriend had the Churrasco de Lomo, with some sides to share. Both were beautiful cuts of meat cooked to absolute perfection, and the sides were also fantastic. Both agreed afterwards it was the best steak we'd ever had. The service at Gaucho is also excellent, staff are attentive and knowledgeable without being pushy or over-bearing. Would say it's on the expensive side for a meal but felt it's definitely worth it and can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Great serviceZeemanDined on 23/8/2014Perfectly cooked Beef and excellent service by all the staff.Special Features:
- Steak!AverageVIPDined on 23/8/2014It was my parents anniversary and these guys were great making bit special with a card. Also my new phew was there and only 3. There was no kids menus but they were more than happy to accommodate his requests for a burger. We dinned at 5 when it was very quiet which was excellent for us having a 3 year old so as not to disturbs other dinners. Everyone loved the food and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGMartyDined on 10/8/2014The steak was too good for words and were the best our party of 4 have ever eaten. Sergio our waiter was excellent and explained everything in great detail. Strangely, if I returned, I would hardly bother with any side orders-just the steak was enough. Little wonder there were no steak knives on the table-a butter knife would have sufficed. The only criticism would be (as a resident Yorkshireman) it wasn't cheap but of you want the best...........Special Features:
- Was 'OK' but not amazingbambamDined on 9/8/2014My experience of Gauchos did not live up to the expectation I had. Don't get me wrong the food was nice and the service was good but it was nothing out of the ordinary for what you are paying for. I have been to Buenos Aires which is in Reigate, Surrey and the food and service was incomparable. The sides at Gauchos were served the same as you would get in any restaurant and not particularly nice, all very greasy! Buenos Aires, I could not fault it was amazing down to every bite, the sides were perfectly done. The service was great they were so attentive. Gauchos we found ourselves looking up a lot waiting for someone to come over to us. Gauchos cost us £140 for 2 of us and Buenos Aires cost us £115. I much prefer Buenos Aires!Special Features:
- amazing experienceLilyDined on 8/8/2014We went to Gaucho for our anniversary. The decor of the restaurant is outstanding level, and the atmosphere is so romantic. The service is so brilliant as well as the food. It is quite expensive if you open a good wine, but the other's price is reasonable. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Brilliant, as always!LucyDined on 8/8/2014We went here for a work dinner and it was amazing. Every time I have visited Gaucho's it's always a good night and excellent food. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent in all areasSimon1871Dined on 29/7/2014Perfect location and ambience. Service could not be beaten. Steaks were damn good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBaronie123Dined on 26/7/2014The waiters service, knowledge of the food and wine was superb. The food lived up the our expectations and we had a great time. Supeb all round and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for vegetarians!ReggieDined on 25/7/2014I've eaten at this restaurant numerous times and I'm sure it keeps getting better. This was a visit with my parents to celebrate my Father's birthday, and it didn't disappoint. The service is brilliant, lovely staff throughout who are knowledgable about both the food and wine, attentive, and utterly professional. The food is consistently amazing, the steaks are sublime. It might sound obvious, but if you have a vegetarian in your party I'd seriously consider looking elsewhere, this is a carnivore paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKitMPVIPDined on 23/7/2014The décor is fun, the service immaculate and the steaks ... ah the steaks. I come back again and againSpecial Features:
- Superb evening!jh007Dined on 22/7/2014My guests and I really enjoyed our evening; superb quality food and service; very happy indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at GauchoeatswellDined on 22/7/2014Very friendly service, good food and a great atmosphere. Especially recommend the cerviches to start, and of course the steaks are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot dinner experienceSteveDined on 19/7/2014Food and service were good. However we were placed right next to the kitchen which made it very hot. Coupled with this the air conditioning didnt seem to be working. When we requested to be moved to another part of the restaruant away from the kitchen area we were told all tables were fully booked despite a few large tables being vacant the whole evening. We had to remind our waiter several times for our jugs of water but other than that meal and service was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Foodhandbag10Dined on 19/7/2014Booked a birthday treat for my partner and myself as he had never been to Gaucho before. He loved the decor of the restaurant, food and wine. The waitress was really lovely and very friendly and the other restaurant staff were very warm and friendly also. Would happily visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Meal for 2 at GouchoAndyDined on 15/7/2014Went to Goucho with a friend. Steak was lovely, service was good. Would go againSpecial Features: