Gaucho Charlotte Street
60 Charlotte Street
London, W1T 2NUNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
Gaucho Charlotte Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075806252
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sun 12:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
- Entertainment: DJ Music on Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights
A word from Gaucho Charlotte Street
With a beautiful and modern tasting room, contemporary bar and decadent 150 cover restaurant, Gaucho Charlotte Street sits perfectly in its creative and eclectic surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gaucho Charlotte Street - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Gaucho Charlotte Street reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (190)business meals (114)romance (114)fit for foodies (95)group bookings (92)pre/post theatre (44)outstanding value (8)sunday lunch (7)child friendly (6)outdoor eating (5)disabled access (4)good vegetarian options (4)brunch (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Glammy decor, lacklustre serviceStephenDined on 27/9/2014Had a really lovely meal at Gaucho Charlotte Street. The entrance and decor are sort of Gucci in the bling days, which makes for a glitzy evening. Food was excellent, steaks obviously, in interesting cuts, totally mouth-wateringly soft and full of flavour. Vegetables perfectly crisp too, although the chip were dire. Starters ok, but avoid the crab which even came in the shape of the tin it must've come out of. We sat on the balcony which was good as you could see everything on the main floor below, but without the excessive noise. Loads of emphasis on Argentina, but unfortunately most of the waiting staff had thick Eastern European accents so were indecipherable in the general noise. Food excellent, glitzy decor, poor waiting staff.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJmahginDined on 27/9/2014This was our first time at Gaucho and we were impressed wth the very good service and food. Primarily a steak restaurant with a wide variety of cuts to choose from. Prices rage accordingly. We will certainly use the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Theatre DinnerJohnnyDined on 26/9/2014Pleasant greeting at front door. Food and wine quality superb. Setting in keeping but a little noisy. Poor waiter service - long delay to take order, inflexible with vegetable order, did not clarify steak sizes (assumed all wanted the same), and abrupt, though did engage us in conversation. Went post theatre on a Friday night at 10.30 pm, had only a main course and was surprised to be the last to leave. Over-priced.Special Features:
- Could be bettergwilli16Dined on 20/9/2014First time I have dined at this particular Gaucho, I must confess that the staff were first class. I was left disappointed at some quality of the food, but was overall fair. it could of been a better, may need some persuasion to go back to this Gaucho.Special Features:
- Worth a visit, amazingly good meat!PowerPuffDined on 18/9/2014Delicious food, friendly staff, well worth a visit!Special Features:
- Lovely treatNickDined on 13/9/2014We visited this restaurant as an anniversary dinner before the theatre. The ambiance and service are wonderful, and the steaks delicious. Would visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat and wineTigger79Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent quality in a very nice environment. Great service.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening with good foodSillen42Dined on 6/9/2014All in the family enjoyed their food from grandparents (65+) to the grandchildren (20+). We had a cosy table for all 7 of us. The Churrasco was wonderful and the cheeses after was to die for.Special Features:
- RWRWnMTDined on 24/8/2014Good quality steaks and good quality wine. Also good ambience (a good place to take a girl on a date).Special Features:
- Top drawer food and serviceThatKearsDined on 23/8/2014First time at Gaucho and was extremely impressed with both the food and service. My girlfriend and I both had the chorizo starter which was excellent (pretty big starter though if that's a problem). For mains I had the rib eye whilst my girlfriend had the Churrasco de Lomo, with some sides to share. Both were beautiful cuts of meat cooked to absolute perfection, and the sides were also fantastic. Both agreed afterwards it was the best steak we'd ever had. The service at Gaucho is also excellent, staff are attentive and knowledgeable without being pushy or over-bearing. Would say it's on the expensive side for a meal but felt it's definitely worth it and can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Great serviceZeemanDined on 23/8/2014Perfectly cooked Beef and excellent service by all the staff.Special Features:
- Steak!AverageVIPDined on 23/8/2014It was my parents anniversary and these guys were great making bit special with a card. Also my new phew was there and only 3. There was no kids menus but they were more than happy to accommodate his requests for a burger. We dinned at 5 when it was very quiet which was excellent for us having a 3 year old so as not to disturbs other dinners. Everyone loved the food and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGMartyDined on 10/8/2014The steak was too good for words and were the best our party of 4 have ever eaten. Sergio our waiter was excellent and explained everything in great detail. Strangely, if I returned, I would hardly bother with any side orders-just the steak was enough. Little wonder there were no steak knives on the table-a butter knife would have sufficed. The only criticism would be (as a resident Yorkshireman) it wasn't cheap but of you want the best...........Special Features:
- Was 'OK' but not amazingbambamDined on 9/8/2014My experience of Gauchos did not live up to the expectation I had. Don't get me wrong the food was nice and the service was good but it was nothing out of the ordinary for what you are paying for. I have been to Buenos Aires which is in Reigate, Surrey and the food and service was incomparable. The sides at Gauchos were served the same as you would get in any restaurant and not particularly nice, all very greasy! Buenos Aires, I could not fault it was amazing down to every bite, the sides were perfectly done. The service was great they were so attentive. Gauchos we found ourselves looking up a lot waiting for someone to come over to us. Gauchos cost us £140 for 2 of us and Buenos Aires cost us £115. I much prefer Buenos Aires!Special Features:
- amazing experienceLilyDined on 8/8/2014We went to Gaucho for our anniversary. The decor of the restaurant is outstanding level, and the atmosphere is so romantic. The service is so brilliant as well as the food. It is quite expensive if you open a good wine, but the other's price is reasonable. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Brilliant, as always!LucyDined on 8/8/2014We went here for a work dinner and it was amazing. Every time I have visited Gaucho's it's always a good night and excellent food. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent in all areasSimon1871Dined on 29/7/2014Perfect location and ambience. Service could not be beaten. Steaks were damn good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBaronie123Dined on 26/7/2014The waiters service, knowledge of the food and wine was superb. The food lived up the our expectations and we had a great time. Supeb all round and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for vegetarians!ReggieDined on 25/7/2014I've eaten at this restaurant numerous times and I'm sure it keeps getting better. This was a visit with my parents to celebrate my Father's birthday, and it didn't disappoint. The service is brilliant, lovely staff throughout who are knowledgable about both the food and wine, attentive, and utterly professional. The food is consistently amazing, the steaks are sublime. It might sound obvious, but if you have a vegetarian in your party I'd seriously consider looking elsewhere, this is a carnivore paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKitMPVIPDined on 23/7/2014The décor is fun, the service immaculate and the steaks ... ah the steaks. I come back again and againSpecial Features:
- Superb evening!jh007Dined on 22/7/2014My guests and I really enjoyed our evening; superb quality food and service; very happy indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at GauchoeatswellDined on 22/7/2014Very friendly service, good food and a great atmosphere. Especially recommend the cerviches to start, and of course the steaks are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot dinner experienceSteveDined on 19/7/2014Food and service were good. However we were placed right next to the kitchen which made it very hot. Coupled with this the air conditioning didnt seem to be working. When we requested to be moved to another part of the restaruant away from the kitchen area we were told all tables were fully booked despite a few large tables being vacant the whole evening. We had to remind our waiter several times for our jugs of water but other than that meal and service was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Foodhandbag10Dined on 19/7/2014Booked a birthday treat for my partner and myself as he had never been to Gaucho before. He loved the decor of the restaurant, food and wine. The waitress was really lovely and very friendly and the other restaurant staff were very warm and friendly also. Would happily visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Meal for 2 at GouchoAndyDined on 15/7/2014Went to Goucho with a friend. Steak was lovely, service was good. Would go againSpecial Features:
- A disappointing eveningChinDined on 10/7/2014Alas, there was no service! From the moment we arrived and were sent downstairs, only to be asked who we were all over again and then kept waiting to be seated for almost 10 minutes . The service was extremely slow (every one arriving after us received their meal before we did), the food order wrong and some items missing, the meat tough, culminating in an incorrect bill with multiple entries of items you did not order but was being used to replace the "specials"!! Finally, I accidentally knocked over the bottle of empty wine and that took a while before it was cleared up! Not an experience to be repeated!
- Near PerfectionBeetle377Dined on 4/7/2014My girlfriend & I booked for a special occasion and were not disappointed. Despite being originally sat on a table for 4, we asked to be moved to a more suitable table for two in the corner. The service was great, attention to detail, care and not too attentive that it felt intrusive. The food was incredible, notably the deep fried fillet steak - which was just like nothing either of us had tasted before. The whole experience was great and we will be coming back to Gaucho on Charlotte Street again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak!FoodieDined on 3/7/2014A meal out at Gaucho never disappoints. The staff at the Charlotte Street retaurant are incredibly attentive and make you feel welcome from the moment you step into the restaurant. They are all very knowledgeable about the steaks and help you make recommendations if you are a bit overwhelmed by the choice of steaks. The food is delicious. The underground ambience is low lit but very elegant. Ideal for a first date. They also have a private dining room which looks amazing. Gaucho is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakCamilleDined on 28/6/2014I love this restaurant. The interior is like a really up market club which I love, it really adds to the ambiance. The steak here is 2nd to none. All the staff were really friendly & I thought it was a really nice touch the way all the staff knew it was my birthday & knew my name to say happy birthday. Great night out & I loved every second:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.TwinkletoesDined on 28/6/2014The restaurant were very kind to change the time of our booking, as we were running late. However, they weren't that busy so it was easy for them to do that but our waitress was constantly looking around at her other tables. It was painfully obvious we weren't her priority, or she had too much on, or she may have been new...I am unsure .... but it was very irritating not to have her undivided attention. We asked her if she wouldn't mind concentrating on us so we could order and she apologised, but then ended up in tears! All a bit of a disaster. I certainly won't rush back there. Shame as had been recommended. A complete waste of £155 for a basic meal for 2.
- Amazing!IHeartSteakDined on 26/6/2014Probably the best steak I have ever eaten, I would highly recommend trying this for a special occasion or maybe just a Monday if you are rich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceChompersDined on 26/6/2014This was our second visit to a Gaucho restaurant and we weren't disappointed. The staff are extremely well trained and attentive. They are knowledgeable about the food and wine especially the various steak cuts which they bring out to explain before you order. The food is excellent. On both visits we have had the ceviche then a steak but no room for pudding! The Argentinian wine is excellent. The ambiance of the restaurant is very cool. Very dark with lots of dark colours and walls and chairs covered in faux cow hides. Different levels inside the restaurant are linked by glass sided stairs and walkways. It's a really different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner42Dined on 25/6/2014I had heard good things about Gaucho but this restaurant didn't live up to expectations. Service was slow and the steak was quite tough and gristly.
- DeliciousN0pinknojuiceDined on 22/6/2014I love the way they explain the different cuts of meat. Absolutely delicious food and wine. I like my steak well done & it was cooked perfectly, not tough at all.DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak everherbert12Dined on 15/6/2014Excellent steak. Great service. Nightclub style décor and musak a bit disconcerting, but worth it nevertheless.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableBusinessFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014As ever, no disappointment with the service/staff/food or ambience. Love this place!
- What a treat!Long2lunchDined on 7/6/2014The service was excellent, our waitress, Monika, looked after us very well. The surroundings were fabulous. The steak was delicious, one of the group thought 'best ever steak'. Cocktails were substantial too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksRobbieTDined on 30/5/2014Took my friend for a slap-up steak dinner and we weren't disappointed. The rib-eye was excellent and better than the sirloin; we had a 'flight' of red wine which our server kept topped up and it was a lovely evening. We didn't stint but the bill came to £200 inc. service.
- Another good lunchNeilVIPDined on 30/5/2014Took a few clients for lunch, the wine was fantastic and a great afternoon was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but poor lighting!Tess1728Dined on 28/5/2014Booked dinner as a birthday treat for my daughter and the food, service etc was perfect. My one issue - and it really is one that would put me off going again, is the appallingly low light conditions. I'm all for creating ambiance but someone needs to turn that dimmer switch up a touch. Perhaps it's an effort to keep power costs down? Or I could be cynical and suggest it is a ploy which makes it difficult to check overcharging on the bill? Fortunately my son has 20/20 vision and by the light of his phone was able to see the inclusion of an item we didn't have. It was only for the sum of £ 5.00 and quickly removed without argument but still ... Other than that it was fineSpecial Features: