1 Bell Inn Yard
London, EC3V 0BLNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076265180
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Gerald Lambert
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms seating up to 20 persons in each, or 50 persons if combined. They can be partially or fully private depending on the guests requirements.
- Private Party Contact: Charley Springall 0207 6261294
- Special Events: PA club, takeaway.
A word from Gaucho City
Aptly housed in what was once the gold holding vaults of the Bank of England, Gaucho City draws in the buzz from across the Square Mile. Offering a stylish restaurant, two elegant private dining rooms and a relaxing cocktail lounge, we have options to suit every dining occasion.Continued
Gaucho City would like their patrons to know that they prefer to take reservations for parties of 5 and over in-house.
Gaucho City would like their patrons to know that they prefer to take reservations for parties of 5 and over in-house.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gaucho City - Best restaurants in Fenchurch Street ›
Gaucho City reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since 4 June 2014
business meals (95)special occasions (73)romance (42)fit for foodies (31)group bookings (30)pre/post theatre (13)sunday lunch (6)brunch (5)child friendly (2)afternoon tea (2)outstanding value (2)outdoor eating (2)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- Dinner was fantasticAPerfectFilletDined on 13/9/2014Our lovely server explained everything on the menu and even brought out the cuts for everyone to see before ordering. The food was perfectly cooked and everything was so delicious. The only downfalls were that the music was far too loud and the sides were very small - definitely order extra, it will go! But overall very very happy and will definitely return. P.S. the garlic hollandaise is beyond phenomenal and you haven't lived until you've tried the ham and cheese empanadas.Special Features:
- DisappointingSwissSteveDined on 12/9/2014What a disappointment. Was entertaining some clients so didn't make a fuss at the time as may have made them feel uncomfortable but a tough £49.50 fillet steak and soggy chips. It's all a bit dark and nightclubby with loud music and just really expensive for what it is. I am certain others would enjoy but for me I will not be going back as the are better places. Should have listened to the lady in Searcys at the Gherkin who recommended Hawksmoor when I told her we were off to Gaucho; she obviously knew what to expect
- Great foodNeilDined on 9/9/2014Excellent for steaks, as you would expect, and the whole experience is well run by the staff. However, for me, entry bottles of wine starting at £50 and cocktails around £10 each pushes the bill up to at least £100 per head which is expensive these days - even on expenses!,Special Features:
- great steakgms1Dined on 29/8/2014gaucho has a well deserved reputation as one of the best steakhouses in london and this branch did not disappoint. The service was very good and the food excellent complimented by a good wine listSpecial Features:
- A lovely eveningPayneDined on 22/8/2014For City eating, this restaurant is great. I've only been to the chain a few times, but always feels like a special occasion and the food is always deliciousSpecial Features:
- Best steak in ages amazing serviceMassiveFoodyDined on 1/8/2014I haven't been to Gauchos for a few years but the last time I went I had easily the best steak I've ever eaten, until Saturday night. The wine list is exceptional, I'm a massive fan of Argentinian wine, particularly Malbec, and they had pages of it! The service was absolutely fantastic too, I took my girlfriend here for a treat and they made a massive fuss over both of us and just generally bantered with us and treated us really well. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection, everything came out with excellent timing and the whole night couldn't have gone any better. You get what you pay for an at £100 a head it certainly wasn't cheap, but I will definitely be back many times.Special Features:
- Nice food, shame about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014Excellent steak and some good wine. Unfortunately ruined by very pushy service staff who were constantly trying to up-sell. We were also placed in a corner next to a cupboard door, despite lots of free tables elsewhere in the restaurant - this did nothing for the ambience of the place.
- Excellent ServiceFil2014Dined on 21/7/2014I have eaten at various Gaucho Grills, but the service here was excellent, very attentive, but not intrusive. Food was very good as usual, profiteroles were a bit small though for £8 !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 15/7/2014Steaks were introduced by poor English speaking staff and although we asked for 300 gramms we were given 500 gramms and were told when queired 300 were not available. surprise surpise, we were charged for 500 gramms. Very convenient we thought.Special Features:
- bad servicenoodlesDined on 11/7/2014Lovely entrance, thank you ladies, unfortunatley we were stuck up against a pillar in an empty restaurant next to another couple where we could have been seated elsewhere. Our waitress was abrupt and it was quite embarasing for my guest who had never been to Gaucho before to be served in such a way, this was my 3rd time and my last time.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceJillyBDined on 7/7/2014When looking for a restaurant which is guaranteed good food and service, I love to go here as it's very close to my office. The express lunchtime menu is great value, service is quick and friendly, and ambience is a little dark but cosy.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPickyDined on 7/7/2014First time I have been to Gaucho and it was good, but I am not sure how ambient the City restaurant is. I need to try the other restaurants!Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Having been meaning to try Gaucho for several years this place had a lot to live up to... Thankfully it did with delicious food and a really cool atmosphere (bit like eating in a nightclub but not as loud music!) The staff were all helpful, (even cracking my lobster claw for me) very attentive yet not intrusive which is a fine line to tread. It wasn't cheap, our 3 courses plus wine came to £250 but for a special occasion it was worth every penny, we had such a good time I'm coming back for my birthday for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/6/2014Great meat! We had a fantastic time with life music, try the Gin tonic of Gin Mare with 1724 tonic, simply perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat!FreddyDined on 21/6/2014Well known chain.. really good quality. Service is top as well! Maybe a bit expensive, even for meat, and even for London..but well, you're paying the brand... Thanks very much for the meal guys.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set menu is great value-for-moneyskoylesyDined on 19/6/2014Went here for a lunch during the work day. We had the set menu, served very promptly and food was excellent. Staff were so attentive it was almost irritating, as there were about four of them serving us, but if that's the only thing to complain about then it's not so bad!Special Features:
- Good good and serviceStephenWJDined on 17/6/2014As usual, Gaucho delivered a great dining experience - food, atmosphere and service all very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/6/2014We went to Gaucho's for our anniversary and were really disappointed. Firstly, I had to send my steak back, as even though I asked for my steak blue it was medium rare. When I told our waitress she was quite reluctant to send it back, questioning if I knew what blue is (frustrating, but I get this quite a lot). The correctly cooked steak was very tasty so I would recommend, especially if you don't want it rare. The next problem came at dessert, I ordered the panna cotta (absolutely beautiful, I would recommend!) and my partner ordered the freggo, however this never arrived, by the time we realised it wouldn't I had already scoffed my panna cotta so there was no point in complaining. All-in-all very disappointing for the price paid.Special Features:
- Friends 30th.HarjitpDined on 5/6/2014Steak and service were excellent. We were made welcome and were treated to a dining experience. Would happily go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff and amazing foodBumpyBumpDined on 2/6/2014This was my first visit to Gaucho City (although not my first visit to the Gaucho chain) and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were welcoming and attentive throughout our visit and very knowledgeable about the menu. You only really go to Gaucho for the steaks and they didn't disappoint......absolutely beautiful cuts of meat and really well cooked. The sides were delicious too - I particularly liked the fact that a side dish of chips was generously portioned, as many restaurants are quite stingy with the chips. Prices are not on the cheap side, so this is maybe a place for a special occasion or a business lunch where you can claim it on expenses. It's also slightly on the dark side in there and we struggled to read our menus.Special Features:
- GauchoWh1tey23VIPDined on 29/5/2014There are now lots of other steak houses in London (STK, Goodmans and Hawksmoor to name but three), however, Gaucho is still right up there thanks to its consistency; great steaks, good wine and a moody (read dark!) settings mean that there will always be a steady stream of punters at Gaucho.Special Features:
- we keep going backpeter02Dined on 16/5/2014This is our 5th visit so that's all that needs sayingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday mealbradders47Dined on 14/5/2014Has to be the best food and experience ever in my 47 years. Attention to detail and the time taken by every member of staff to make the night so very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service.NickbDined on 1/5/2014The food was some of the best I have ever had, the service was superb too, from the hostess to the waitress. Well done, will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top steakColinDined on 1/5/2014Another excellent steak and Malbec meal, sucha great combination. The steaks here are good and the service is both efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJulian1978Dined on 30/4/2014Great business luncheon. Steak was amazing. Wine selection was a little limited but it is an argentine restaurant. Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Top NotchChrisDined on 23/4/2014As always, the best steak in the City! Went here for a business lunch, everyone was very impressedSpecial Features:
- poor valuesja0001Dined on 16/4/2014Gauchos has always been a favourite but this time the steaks were average and it was horrendously expensive. £100 for 2 with no starter, dessert's or coffee. Plenty of other places now that are better in terms of food and certainly value. Great service but sadly that's where the 5 stars ends.
- I booked a lunch time mealGemgemsDined on 11/4/2014I booked a lunch time meal for my mothers birthday before going to the theatre and was really impressed with the speed the lunch time menu was served - perfect for us as we had limited time to enjoy our meal. It was my mum's first time at Gauchos and she loved the food, thought the service was amazing and friendly and said she would definately come back, so a very successful birthday lunch!Special Features:
- Great Steak - but Ambience LackingclaphamGalDined on 5/4/2014The steak was fantastic, however there was quite loud live music and difficult to hear conversation. I'd definitely go back for the steak but with a group of work mates instead - not recommended for a special occassion or couples meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My anniversary mealEllenDined on 5/4/2014I've only been to Gauchos twice and loved both times. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful at all times! The live singer and guitar player were brilliant although a tiny bit to loud as we were sitting quiet close. I would defiantly recommend City Gauchos for romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatsHelenDined on 28/3/2014An exceptional night at Gaucho with attentive service but in no ways over-bearing and delicious food. Very sweetly one of the waitresses asked whether we were celebrating anything and it was my husbands birthday. At the end of the meal he was presented with a plate of truffles with sparklers - great touch and made the night...particulary for me as the Gaucho sorted the birthday cake and nothing for me to bake! It's not a cheap night but well worth it for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakneilskiDined on 28/3/2014We set out for a great meal and we received one. Great place, great steak. They made us feel welcome. Its my second time in that Goucho and I will keep going back.Special Features:
- Service was awfulCorky23Dined on 27/3/2014When you are sitting with colleagues with your arm in the air waving it around and they take turns waving their arms in the air and staff are just walking past; that is really bad service and yes I did ask the waitress why getting anyone's attention was so difficult and she said they were busy; well guess what, so am I! The food was average. The restaurant had blaring music so it was difficult to hear. I am sure someone somewhere loves it. On a positive note, the girl on the front desk was fantastic; very efficient, smart and friendly.
- Excellent foodhungrykiwiladyDined on 24/3/2014We had a lovely time at Gaucho City, good food, drinks and the staff were friendly too. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningJPBelfastDined on 19/3/2014Went to Gaucho for a business dinner. Getting a reservation was easy and the location was great. Food was very well prepared and the staff made us feel very welcome. We hard a variety of steaks and all were prepared well and seasoned perfectly. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho City - Best SteakPJaneJVIPDined on 11/3/2014Four of us on a business meal, we all had steaks with herbs and butter - best steak I have ever had, only criticism the steaks were on boards which were so big, they took up the whole table so struggled on where to put glasses and side dishes (so nothing too serious) would definitely recommend Staff were brilliantSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwaysew4nDined on 5/3/2014Perfect service, wonderful steak, lovely environment, thank you againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome birthday dinneregyptianDined on 3/3/2014the food was amazing, the staff were so friendly and helpful. they even took into account my preference of table and everything I noted while making the reservation. It is expensive, but perfect for special occasions, or a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceparkh95Dined on 3/3/2014I booked stating that my lunch needed to finish within a hour and a half. The staff took this onboard and I really appreciated them accomodating my request. They did bill me for another bottle of sparkling water which i just let slip due to the lack of time but honest mistake no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.