21-22 Park row
Leeds, LS1 5JFNeighbourhood:
ArgentineanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 01132461777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 05:00PM Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 05:00PM - 10:30PM;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Fernando Trocca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Private Room
- Special Events: Beef Master Classes are hosted by Gaucho's Head Chef in the stunning private dining room, and are available for parties of 9 - 14 guests, Monday - Thursday before 6pm. Master classes for beef, champagne, wine and cheese are available on request. For further information, please contact Marketing & Events Manager, Zeri.Burt-Skeete@gauchorestaurants.com
A word from Gaucho Leeds
This opulent and breathtaking sub basement restaurant is located in the heart of the city making it the perfect destination for exquisite fine dining, infused with the taste of Argentina.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gaucho Leeds - Best restaurants in Leeds ›
Gaucho Leeds reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since 25 May 2014
special occasions (200)romance (150)fit for foodies (95)business meals (79)group bookings (51)pre/post theatre (38)sunday lunch (19)outstanding value (11)child friendly (8)brunch (7)disabled access (6)outdoor eating (4)afternoon tea (2)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014We had a lovely experience from the moment we walked into the restaurant to the minute we left, All the staff were friendly, helpfull and really put you at ease, The food was excellant and my party of 4 really relaxed and enjoyed our evening We will certainly be returning for more at some point.Special Features:
- Gorgeous place, lovely meal!Finedine1Dined on 13/9/2014We dined here for our birthdays, the place is stunning, service was exceptional and food delicious, would definately return. Had the mains and a round of drinks, too full for any desserts, the staff made you feel welcome and explained all about the dishes on offer. This place was recommended as we were staying in Leeds that night, great reccomendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayawd1Dined on 7/9/2014We had been to the Piccadilly restaurant so knew broadly what to expect. Leeds is much more intimate, with a private club feel. Amie, the Managing Partner, is clearly extremely knowledgeable & passionate about the range and quality of all the menu items. The extensive wines are priced from average to high, giving you a choice of whether to indulge or not. We went for a bottle found by Amie lingering in the Gaucho cellar, a lovely oaky red with a smooth finish, served at perfect temperature. We chose our steaks rare - they were perfectly cooked & flavourful beyond belief. The dulce de leche cheesecake with a Laborum Torrontes dessert wine was a delight. A perfect finish was a beautifully presented and selected cheeseboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisitesp66Dined on 6/9/2014This place just gets better and better! Superb food, great advice on both food and wine and we got to try the new starter...scallops and squid ink! amazing flavour. Gaucho always over delivers and i'm running out of superlatives to describe it. Amie and her team are superb. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational steaksTrackerMonkeyDined on 3/9/2014This was our second visit to Gaucho for our anniversary and a rare treat. From sitting down, ordering drinks, complimentary bread, to the starter and main course. The service and quality could not be faulted. Not the cheapest place to eat but in my opinion, the best in Leeds.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience....SteveDined on 30/8/2014Its always a pleasure to eat at a Gaucho Restaurant and the team in Leeds did a fantastic job of keeping up these high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and foodluvfoodDined on 28/8/2014This place is great. The food is amazing, I love how they bring the steaks over to you on a board and explain the cuts to you, recommending which ones are best depending on how you like your steak cooked. The food was cooked perfectly, it was absolutely gorgeous as were their desserts and I rarely bother with dessert but couldn't resist here. The service is fantastic, all of the staff are really friendly and attentive without being too over the top. They're there if you need anything but not constantly bothering you. Would definitely recommend Gaucho's and will hopefully be back soon.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/2014Overrated, Decent food but at not worth the V expensive bill. Service was good.
- Not as good as previous timespamplona7Dined on 24/8/2014This was my third visit to Gaucho. I was taking a new partner for the first time and I had spoken very highly of the place based on my two previous visits. The food was good but somehow I felt not at the same level as before. The complimentary breads were delicious and the starters also good (I had the scallops which were perfectly cooked). However my bife de lomo, which I ordered medium rare, was more medium (no pink inside) and way too salty. My partner's rump steak was very tasty though. We shared a cheesecake for dessert which although nice, was nothing especial. The service was good to start with but towards the end of the meal we struggled to get the waitress attention and took ages to get the order for dessert and then the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceHappycustomerDined on 23/8/2014From the time of booking and throughout the meal, the service we received was outstanding, the food was high quality and the wine was excellent. A bit pricey for me to use weekly but I'll definitely use again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovegauchoDined on 18/8/2014We have been to gaucho in Leeds a few times now , and without fail we always have a fantastic meal . On the last time we went was our daughters birthday she wanted to go there because she says gaucho have the best steak ever fantastic restaurant , would highly recommend :)) ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eveningGauchobabyDined on 16/8/2014Second visit to this particular Gaucho and have never been disappointed at any of them. Wonderful surroundings, elegant decor, first class service and first class food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceBusyBeeDined on 16/8/2014We were highly impressed with every aspect of this restaurant. The manageress came over and introduced herself to us, we got fantastic advice on wine pairings and our food was divine. Overall a super night with the best service we have received in a restaurant at home and abroad in literally years.Special Features:
- just cant stay away from the placesp66Dined on 13/8/2014When a restaurant knows what sauce you like before you've ordered (custom horse radish and peppercorn) it's the very definition of anticipated service! It's my favourite place by a mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great steaksMrsBDined on 13/8/2014An excellent choice for a special occasion. One of the best steaks I have had and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingZodiac5Dined on 12/8/2014This was one of the best meals we've ever had. The steak was fantastic and the whole experience just outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014It was a special occasion for me & my husband, It was our wedding anniversary. I cannot fault the experience. We were given complimentary drinks to help celebrate our anniversary. The knowledge of the waiter was very impressive. He was exceptionally polite. We chose your restaurant because of the steaks. It was highly recommended. The actual night was brilliant.Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodgloriousfoodDined on 9/8/2014We booked to come here for our wedding anniversary having heard great things about it. We were not disappointed! Gorgeous food, lovely staff and a beautiful interior. Pricey but worth every penny!! Just need another excuse to go back now...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Leeds!Leeds2014Dined on 1/8/2014Outstanding food, staff and surroundings! Iv been to almost every resturaunt in Leeds and in my opinion this is by far the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning food and serviceTKO66Dined on 29/7/2014Dinned at Gaucho alone last week whilst on a business trip to Leeds. I was flying back to London so wanted to get dinner in before flying back. Gaucho well and truly delivered wit slick but friendly service and food par excellence. Steaks cooked to perfection. I can remcommend the rib eye medallions mouth wateringly good when rare. The desserts was 5 star! A soured cream panna cotta with loacl strawberry and raspberry compote with basil and toasted coriander. Really inspired combination with excellent range of wines too. i'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Amazing steakBjHowesDined on 25/7/2014This was our second visit. We ordered the tender flank marinated in herbs and garlic. My partner had a trio of different steak cuts. All cooked perfectly. The steak is amazing. I don't want to eat steak anywhere else now. We had sides of salad, fries, potato salad, some sauces. It's was all delicious. David our waiter was fab, making recommendations depending on the way you prefer your steak cooked. I also had a delicious cocktail, I ordered my usual Long Island ice tea but the waitress recommended a Hollywood version topped up with Prosecco equivalent. It was strong and lovely. A super visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonnyboyDined on 25/7/2014Excellent service from front of house on initial arrival. Great ambience in bar area and restaurant. Waitress was excellent and food to die for. A great treat that I will be returning to.Special Features:
- Great graduation mealFINOLAJDined on 23/7/2014I was worried about how pricey the menu appears but it's definitely worth it. Food and service were both outstanding! It was a little quiet inside but I suppose that just meant we relieves more attention as a group. It would probbly be busier on evening service too as we dined at 3.30. I relieved a free cocktail as it was my graduation day which was a good touch. The staff were all super friendly and happy to help with the menu which is slightly wordy! I'm also a non meat eater but the menu caters for all tastes and my fishes dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry you are a star!PaulDined on 15/7/2014Superb service from Harry our waiter, encouraged us to try and different type of steak than we would normally and it was excellent! Ate with my wife and son, on my wife's birthday early, mid-week.Special Features:
- Overall Good Fine Dining ExperienceRacsterDined on 11/7/2014Good location, restaurant decor provided a great ambience. Service was very good. Food delicious, steak was cooked to perfection as I would expect for a steak house. One minor let down there was too much salt on the steak, chips, sauce & side order. We do like lots of seasoning, especially on red meat, but this was too much, which meant we couldn't finish the food despite our best efforts. Price of food's high but worth it for good quality produce. The wine and drinks menu were far too expensive with the wine list starting at £35 a bottle. Our waiter recommended his favourite wine at £107, which we politely declined! The wine we chose was very good, which you would expect for £37, although you can buy the same wine at £9 a bottle elsewhere!Special Features:
- Reliable for steakTopsyDined on 11/7/2014Have visited Gaucho several times,mainly in London but also Leeds and Manchester Always good for steaks and unusual desserts Service attentive but patronising,maybe because getting on in years.....not senile yet thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakluv7dineDined on 7/7/2014GOOD STEAK. VERY YUMMY AND DELICOUS. THANKS EVERYONE!!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDizzypol1Dined on 5/7/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant, we were not disappointed. Like on our first visit the food was amazing, I had cod with pink grapefruit which although it seems like an unusual combination was a meal I would definitely recommend. The service from all members of staff was impeccable and out waiter was very knowledgeable about the cuts of meat and gave advice to the others on my group on how to have their steak cooked. We will definitely visit Gaucho again when we are in Leeds again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dimly lit birthday dinner...EatyourgreensDined on 5/7/2014We walked past 3 times before we saw the signage in the windows and realised that Gauchos is actually a basement restaurant. It was a lovely gesture to receive a complimentary glass of bubbles and a polite "Happy Birthday" to my partner as we waited for our table. Unfortunately it is just slightly too dark in there to actually be able to read a menu! One guy used his mobile as a book light - we took turns with the tea light on the table! Steaks were very good - we'd have been disappointed if they weren't because the restaurant staff never stopped raving about them! They were also very expensive - a 2 course meal for two with some bottled water, one bottle of red wine, coffees and truffles came to almost £150.00 before a tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmagsDined on 5/7/2014We went to Gauchos on a busy Tour de France weekend for the first time. This did not affect the experience whatsoever. Our friends chose the Chataubriand which was perfectly cooked and very tasty as was myself and my husbands sirloin. The ambiance was really good and the surroundings fabulous, although a little dark to read the menu for myself. The steaks were brought out to be able to choose a cut and size which was very helpful, and the waitress was very knowledgable. We will definately return to Gauchos !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baz4662Dined on 5/7/2014Very nice restaurant with impeccable service, truly 5 star service, the staff are sensational Food was very good, my steak was a little too fatty for my liking and my wife`s steak was overdone, but presented really well. Will order a different cut next time, down side is the wine is very expensive and only Argentinian, a better choice would mean they sell more ! I know its an Argentinian restaurant, but other restaurants we go to offer wines that are not specific to their country of origin. Overall, very nice, been here 3 times before, will go again , but will not be my first choice steak restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food top priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Excellent food and you get what you pay for. I would recommend this restaurant as long as you have a good sized wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday lunchsp66Dined on 29/6/2014We regularly eat here and whilst not cheap the food and service are exquisite. Had a lovely boozy foody sunday lunch here and we'll be bringing some friends back for the roast pork feast soon. Thanks to Rachel and David for looking after us so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealEmmaDined on 28/6/2014Beautiful quality food, not cheap but for a special occasion it was really excellent. The waiter was really knowledgeable about the different cuts and we had a really lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaultlessNewlywedDined on 28/6/2014Amazing food, amazing service, amazing atmosphere! Best restaurant I have ever been too. I would definitely recommend to anyone however it is expensive but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmacpheiDined on 27/6/2014Had a wonderful meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. All staff were communicative and helpful in all areas. The menu was explained to us very clearly and we also received some excellent advice on the wine menu. Our waiter was attentive and very polite. Tremendous time enjoyed. We have been before and will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Argentinean Delight....Food4TwoDined on 27/6/2014I have been to this restaurant now on numerous occasions and the service is always excellent, the food is always visually appealing and exquisite, and the atmosphere is always right.Special Features:
- Awfull musicsj89Dined on 27/6/2014the food is incredibly good, our server was phenomenal and really knew a lot about the food however the music was awfull. It ruined the atmosphere and was ridiculously loud. I would strongly question the decor aswell, it felt like I was walking into an upmarket brothel with all the cow print on the wall. They were the only things that let it down but it unfortunately made a bit of a lasting impression on me. I am new to the leeds area and absolutely adore the food however if i do stumble across a restaurant that is on par with Gaucho for the meat I would strongly consider going there instead, unfortunately for me a great food experience was kind of ruined.Special Features:
- Hidden gemParttimelondonerDined on 24/6/2014Wanted to go to somewhere we hadn't been before for a special meal and so chose this restaurant after reading the reviews. This restaurant is a must, we had mentioned when booking via open table that it was our wedding anniversary and were instantly congratulated as soon as we gave our name, a lovely touch. Our waiter Rob was exceptional and looked after our every need. Whilst we picked this restaurant for a special occasion we will now be finding lots of excuses to go back as the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Guaranteed a good steakChrisDined on 22/6/2014Great food and you can always rely on getting a fine steak. Friendly and knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.