21-22 Park row
Leeds, LS1 5JFNeighbourhood:
ArgentineanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 0113 246 1777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 05:00PM Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 05:00PM - 10:30PM;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Fernando Trocca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Private Room
- Special Events: Beef Master Classes are hosted by Gaucho's Head Chef in the stunning private dining room, and are available for parties of 9 - 14 guests, Monday - Thursday before 6pm. Master classes for beef, champagne, wine and cheese are available on request. For further information, please contact Marketing & Events Manager, Zeri.Burt-Skeete@gauchorestaurants.com
A word from Gaucho Leeds
This opulent and breathtaking sub basement restaurant is located in the heart of the city making it the perfect destination for exquisite fine dining, infused with the taste of Argentina.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gaucho Leeds - Best restaurants in Leeds ›
Gaucho Leeds reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (225)romance (168)fit for foodies (107)business meals (88)group bookings (55)pre/post theatre (42)sunday lunch (19)outstanding value (10)child friendly (8)brunch (7)disabled access (6)outdoor eating (4)afternoon tea (2)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- Best steak everPandaloverDined on 22/11/2014Beautiful food in a top class restaurant. Ambience is chilled and classy. Staff were attentive. Wine list is extensive but a little pricey. A fabulous night and well worth a return visit on the new year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho - The steaks are amazingNatalieDined on 22/11/2014Wow, what an amazing evening for my boyfriends birthday. We received some complimentary cocktails as I had mentioned on my booking that it was boyfriends birthday. I had the pan fried scallops for starter, which were absolutely divine and my partner had the empanadas, which were very tasty. Then on to the steaks, I chose the filet steak medallions which were a little smaller at 225g than all the other steaks, however they tasted absolutely amazing and it was just the right size for me. The best steak I have ever had. My boyfriend opted for a more manly 300g sirloin which was marinated in garlic and herbs for 48 hours. We both had a really great evening and I would recommend Gaucho to anyone. Our waitress was very helpful and definitely knew her stuff about the food and wine recommendations. The only slight negative was that we were seated in a dark corner at the back on the restaurant, which was nice for ambiance, however it was difficult to read the menus and it would have been nice to see the chefs preparing the food in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/11/2014Our waitress, Laura, was friendly and attentive all night and answered our questions. The sausage platter starter was wonderful. Our rib-eyes steaks were perfectly cooked, and the chips there have just the right level of crunch. I've never had a humita salteña before (I'm still not entirely sure what it is), but it was beautiful. The sticky toffee pudding was just the thing to round off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to be...CMDBDined on 19/11/2014Having thoroughly enjoyed Gaucho last year, we decided to return. The service was still brilliant and the ambiance good. However, the food let it down. The chips were unpleasant to eat as they were difficult to swallow - bring back the skinny fries! The side order of roasted vegetables were fine, but not worth the money paid as they were similar to what I would cook at home. I would still recommend trying the restaurant, as on the past 3 occasions I have been, it has been brilliant. Unfortunately, this time, the food let it down. Hopefully they were just having a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LillyDined on 17/11/2014Absolutely recommend, everything was perfect and the staff where knowledgeable, friendly and professional. The restaurant itself is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW Food just like it is in Argentina. Superb!GauchoDined on 15/11/2014No faults, just excellent all round. Worth every penny spent. Can't say anymore other than Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouln't recommend this.justwantvalueformoneyDined on 15/11/2014Looks good when you walk in but really is just a very overpriced chain. Jamie Oliver's got far more atmosphere and ambience. I felt I was rushed and in a very busy hustled type of place not very enjoyable. Too crowded. Outragious prices for what you get. This is simple cooking and ingrendients, shouln't cost what it did. Disappointed as it was my son's 21st..
- Amazinggeorgie253Dined on 15/11/2014Steaks are outstanding, good selection of starters, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forKJB83Dined on 15/11/2014Excellent restaurant and ideal if you want to treat someone to something a little bit specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Every part of Saturday lived up to the prestigious reputation that Gauchos has. The service from the bar all the way through to the bill was outstanding. the food was excellent, even when one of the steaks were slightly overcooked, the new steak was brought back promptly with no fuss. Highly recommended and all the staff deserve a pay rise?? ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho LeedsDocpeterDined on 14/11/2014Enthusiastic welcoming staff in rather OTT decor. Extensive steak selection which, considering it being their speciality, was not that expertly cooked to order. Expensive.
- Absolutely fantastic placeAmanda60Dined on 13/11/2014from entering the restaurant to leaving you could not have a more pleasant experience. The staff, the ambience and the food are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakSaljayDined on 7/11/2014Lovely meal. Best steak we've ever had and the service was excellent. Only a couple of things that bugged us; we eat a lot of steak, my husband is a head chef so we didn't really need the lesson on the cuts of meat also the mark up on the wine is mental, we decided against paying £38 for a £12 bottle of Chardonnay. That apart, we loved the food so will be back.Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceBobbles02Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent all round, staff knowledge and service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but overpricedMariaDined on 6/11/2014The food was cooked well and marinade was good although the waitress insisted on my steak being cooked medium due to the marbelling yet my partner was able to have the same steak medium rare... His was better. We bought two glasses of the malbec on recommendation, the waitress didn't mention it was 12 pounds a glass. We were not dininig on a budget but if we had known we would have opted for half a bottle! I would not go back, it is an above average steak house trying to be a posh restaurant but not quite managing it. We had to wait half an hour for our table yet half the restaurant was empty, maybe they were shirt staffed, anyway we asked when we would be seated and we were told "we are a bit backed up at the moment".Special Features:
- Very ImpressedSteHowieDined on 5/11/2014If you are looking for an exceptional experience this is th evenue for you. From opening the door and being welcomed and escorted to the bar for cocktails, all the way through the fantastic waiter service, who will take you through the menu in great detail, to the actual eating experience itself. Can't recommend enoughSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014Great food, great service. Not much more to say. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic celebration!YorkiebarDined on 1/11/2014Celebrated my son's 18th birthday last Saturday at Gauchos. Fantastic service, food and atmosphere. Rachel and Sheryl were brilliant, making us all feel spoilt! Will be back again soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in yorkshireYorkshiredanDined on 1/11/2014I was torn between blackhouse, fazenda and Gauchos. So glad that i picked Gauchos! Little hard to find but it really is a hidden gem. The decor is really nice, service is excellent, and the food is out of this world. I had the fillet steak, asked for it medium rare but i'd say it was well on the rare side (it still melted in my mouth though). If you like your steak you need to visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatSarahBray76Dined on 1/11/2014My husband booked a table at the Gaucho Leeds restaurant - I couldn't of been more pleased with the whole experience of the night. Right from the reception and bar area through to the coffee and desert it was a wonderful evening and would recommend anyone to go.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceOutoftownerDined on 30/10/2014Couldn't have asked for better service from Sheryl - friendly, helpful and responsive. Great recommendations, so we had delicious food that everyone enjoyed. It's expensive but the meat (and wine) are worth it.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationsSazandDutchDined on 25/10/2014We had an amazing evening with Cheryl looking after us. She was attentive when it was needed but also let us spend lots of time on our courses. We did expect to spend a lot on our dinner but for an overall experience and a one off it was well worth it. We had a superb Saturday night at Gaucho Leeds and would love to return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF YOU LOVE BEEF, LOOK NO FURTHERBlueskydayDined on 25/10/2014We spent a wonderful couple of hours on Saturday pm at Gaucho's in Leeds. It is so clean and sparkling, the staff are very attentive - but not overly so - and the beef is incredible. So good.Special Features:
- Great service knowledgable staff A+CCandCJLDined on 25/10/2014Went here sat afternoon for my partners birthday, was going for the a la carte originally but the lunch menu was so impressive we both ended up with that! We're regulars at michelin start and AA award winning restraunts and the service here was on par with any we've tried so far. The food was good cooked to perfection, lovely atmosphere will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJJJayDined on 14/10/2014Lovely restaurant staff polite and friendly . It was hard to find the restaurant if your not used to Leeds but well worth checking it out. Had Lunch so it was not too busy. I picked Gaucho's because we heard this was to place to go for a good steak and we were not disappointed. The waiter explained the different choices to us thoroughly and the food we received was great. Its not cheap but well worth the money. I did read the reviews before I booked some were not as good as others but I have to say I would 100% recommend this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandyBrewDined on 13/10/2014I was recommended to visit Gaucho Leeds by colleagues who has enjoyed an outstanding experience. I booked for my daughter's 18th birthday. Arrived last Monday evening to a warm welcome. Taken to our booth and provided with complementary champagne, which was a lovely touch. Rob our waiter was knowledgable, professional and friendly. The food was superb, no complaints at all. My daughter had a wonderful birthday topped by truffles with a candle. Impressed and will recommend to family friends and colleagues. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!Julesjonfoodies17Dined on 11/10/2014I booked to celebrate my daughter passing her accountancy exams and despite letting them know on the online booking and also on the phone, they did not "make sure you will be well looked after". The meal was OK but nothing special and very expensive so not value for money at all. What is the point of asking if it is a celebration? This was my 3rd visit, the other 2 times were very good so I was expecting more. We won't be going back......Special Features:
- LaurenceDined on 11/10/2014Good atmosphere great staff and beautiful food. What more do you want ?Special Features:
- Amazing foodLush4foodDined on 11/10/2014First time here on Saturday and I must say the Food was absolutely delicious, staff were so lovely and friendly, will definitely be eating here againSpecial Features:
- Pre concert meal - early tableWinchestercircleDined on 11/10/2014Great venue with super staff. We had a concern with our meal which was sorted out very quickly and the staff were great! However the service was not a good towards the end of the meal which would make me concerned how smoothly it all runs when restaurant is full.Special Features:
- Best steak and serviceRuthiecoopsDined on 3/10/2014I hadn't been to the Leeds Gaucho before and the service was spot on. Full explanations on the choice of steak, the wine list and desert. Enjoyed an amazing bottle of Malbec - will definitely be back :)Special Features:
- OutstandingGraJuDined on 27/9/2014The service and knowledge from the staff was second to none.We have eaten at various Gouchos and know of the standards of excellence,but the steak we had on Sat evening was probably the best steak myself and my wife have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange, expensive but tasty!FoodieDined on 23/9/2014The decor leaves a lot to be desired. The cow hide on the walls was a bit "out there" but I managed to come around to it seen as it had a theme! However, cow hide swivel chairs are a little too tacky in my opinion. Service was attentive at first but then it got busy and we were forgotten about. The food however cannot be faulted. The steaks were delicious and the wines were beautiful. Very expensive wines. Cheapest bottle on the menu was around £35 and most were over £100. Steaks ranged from good value to pricy but they were definetly worth it. Overall not really my kind of place but worth going once to try the amazing steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My last visit to GouchosRobbieDined on 19/9/2014This was a birthday treat for my wife, thou I use the word treat loosely. Previously when I have booked for a speacial occasion we have always been offered a free cocktail on arrival. Alas this nice touch has been cancelled. More concerning was that to enter the restaurant you have to walk through the smoking area, defiantly not ideal. The whole venue seemed to be slack , it was like it lacked a strong manager to keep it in shape. Gouchos is supposed to be an eating experience, hence the price. If you find the experience flawed , the high price makes it even more painful Thanks Robbie
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014We had a lovely experience from the moment we walked into the restaurant to the minute we left, All the staff were friendly, helpfull and really put you at ease, The food was excellant and my party of 4 really relaxed and enjoyed our evening We will certainly be returning for more at some point.Special Features:
- Gorgeous place, lovely meal!Finedine1Dined on 13/9/2014We dined here for our birthdays, the place is stunning, service was exceptional and food delicious, would definately return. Had the mains and a round of drinks, too full for any desserts, the staff made you feel welcome and explained all about the dishes on offer. This place was recommended as we were staying in Leeds that night, great reccomendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayawd1Dined on 7/9/2014We had been to the Piccadilly restaurant so knew broadly what to expect. Leeds is much more intimate, with a private club feel. Amie, the Managing Partner, is clearly extremely knowledgeable & passionate about the range and quality of all the menu items. The extensive wines are priced from average to high, giving you a choice of whether to indulge or not. We went for a bottle found by Amie lingering in the Gaucho cellar, a lovely oaky red with a smooth finish, served at perfect temperature. We chose our steaks rare - they were perfectly cooked & flavourful beyond belief. The dulce de leche cheesecake with a Laborum Torrontes dessert wine was a delight. A perfect finish was a beautifully presented and selected cheeseboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisitesp66Dined on 6/9/2014This place just gets better and better! Superb food, great advice on both food and wine and we got to try the new starter...scallops and squid ink! amazing flavour. Gaucho always over delivers and i'm running out of superlatives to describe it. Amie and her team are superb. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational steaksTrackerMonkeyDined on 3/9/2014This was our second visit to Gaucho for our anniversary and a rare treat. From sitting down, ordering drinks, complimentary bread, to the starter and main course. The service and quality could not be faulted. Not the cheapest place to eat but in my opinion, the best in Leeds.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience....SteveDined on 30/8/2014Its always a pleasure to eat at a Gaucho Restaurant and the team in Leeds did a fantastic job of keeping up these high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.