2a St. Mary's St.
Manchester, M3 2LBNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 0161 833 4333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 12:00PM-5:00PM;
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:00PM-10.30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Fernando Trocca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Zeri Burt-Skeete 016-183-343-33 x
- Special Events: Beef Master classes are available for guest of 9 guests or more in the private dining room. Champagne, cocktail, wine and cheese master classes are also available on request, please contact Zeri.email@example.com
- Cross Street: Deansgate
- Public Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: NCP on Black Frairs Road. Gaucho Manchester does not have parking vouchers. Disabled parking opposite of the restaurant.
A word from Gaucho Manchester
Argentine casual fine dining restaurant, specialising in steaks.Continued
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Gaucho Manchester - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Gaucho Manchester reviews from OpenTable diners
491 reviews since 21 November 2013
special occasions (366)romance (253)business meals (186)fit for foodies (170)group bookings (117)pre/post theatre (83)outstanding value (28)sunday lunch (17)afternoon tea (12)disabled access (12)brunch (12)child friendly (9)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (4)Show More
- Excellent food, pretentious atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014The food here is extremely good, from the bread served whilst ordering to the side dishes, and the steak speaks for itself. The steak is excellent value but the sides are overpriced (though so tasty I didn't really mind!). All wines on the menu are Argentinian which in general are very good, with prices starting at £26 per bottle. Our waitress was very helpful and personable, but the man who served us drinks was rude and short with us, and almost spilt my water as he was pouring as he was not even looking in our direction! The atmosphere is slightly pretentious, and having been to Argentina does not reflect the laid back attitude of the steak houses there. It is probably best described as "footballers' wives" territory. Overall I would recommend this restaurant if you're looking for somewhere for a special occasion as the food is so good, however be prepared to pay slightly over the odds. If you're looking for ambience and a laid-back atmosphere this is probably not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous steak restaurantKrishDined on 15/11/2014Excellent choice of steaks. Service was exemplary. A very very good restaurant especially if you love steaks. A wide choice of wine list and other menu items as well. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJessDined on 15/11/2014Amazing steak, grey for private dining, great service. Would defiantly recommend and will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014The food was amazing and the care from the staff was brilliant. One thing only a small detail but some kind of garnish on the plate to add colour that you didn't have to pay extra for would be a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJCJ79Dined on 14/11/2014After waiting in a draughty cold doorway we were finally shown to our table which we may as well have been sharing with our neighbouring diners. Our waiter was very friendly but was clearly overstretched. We waited 15 mins before our drink order was taken & finally got our first drinks 35 mins after we sat down! Throughout the meal no one came to pour our wine or ask to take another drink order (we would have had another!) Similar story re dessert! 20 minutes after our main course had been cleared away & sat with no drink (couldn't catch anyone's eye!) we were finally offered dessert (far too late!) The food is fantastic but for a restaurant in this price range we had an incredibly disappointing but expensive experience. Not what I had planned for my husbands birthday.Special Features:
- Great service & setting but priceyCRUAZVIPDined on 10/11/2014Gaucho is always a winner in terms of decor and atmosphere and even on a Monday night it was super busy. The food is really tasty and great quality but very expensive really. The service and overall experience was top notch though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAMILY TREATajs765Dined on 8/11/2014Great food,great venue,service also great,needed a steak knife to get me through my lovely 500g steak. very busy night and staff were still there for our every need. i will be coming again hopefully with a larger party and soon. Thankyou ANDYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check out trip advisorSandog1Dined on 8/11/2014Brilliant as always, doing more extensive review for trip advisor as' Helen s leeds.'We have been here several times now and it only gets better..great service,excellent burger, steak perfect and wine by the glass divine. Thankyou .xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaudho Friday nightMoudyDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food as always .My only quibble was the girl at reception on arrival. Not for the first time I have noticed the front of house staff to be gormless. On arrival as she had 2 things to deal with more or less forgot about us for a few minutes - she did apologise. At the end we had to get our coats out of the storage area ourselves as she was too bust looking out of window and didn't notice us leaving. This has happened several times I eat here a lot. They seem boredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealJayneODined on 6/11/2014First visit to Gaucho outside London and the service, quality and ambiance was consistent - Excellent. Never a cheap night out but worth every penny. Great steaks and a very interesting building.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuv2dineDined on 5/11/2014Food good but the service was to be desired. Extremely disappointed with the service had to keep trying to get someone's attention. Food was nice but I've had better so not great quality for the price.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The food here was good however the service was shocking. We waited almost an hour just to be asked if we would like a drink! Then 30 minuted to receive the drinks. Food order was taken eventually, then when the food did arrive we were missing a side order. We asked about this to which the waitress said she will go and check and just never returned with an explanation!!Special Features:
- Best mealluv2dineDined on 1/11/2014Fantastic night could not asked for better service. The meals we had was fantastic could not asked for better. We took our daughter and friend for her 13th Birthday the staff could not do enough for us so helpful thank you for making it a special night for her we will be back again very soon Andy Kate -MaisieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceDenvDined on 1/11/2014We took some friends to Gaucho for a 'thank you' meal. The table was booked for 7.30pm but we didn't actually get sat down until 8pm. I couldn't fault the food - amazing steaks. The service on the other hand left a lot to be desired. Shoddy is the best way I could describe. Very charming lady but kept forgetting things and we were never offered any drinks unless we asked for them. Toilets were horrendous for a pricey restaurant. For a bill totaling £280 for 4 people these things are very disappointing.Special Features:
- GauchoHusband1WifeDined on 1/11/2014What else can I say other than, amazing, special, lovely, comfortable, friendly, fabulous, came to gaucho's as it was a wedding present and they got it soooo right, food & drinks out if this world & excellent service, will be going back xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedDisappointedDined on 30/10/2014The whole experience was poor. The hostess was nowhere to be seen and so we had to wait by the door for a few minutes before she turned up, with no apology for leaving us stood there. She looked sullen and moody, there was no smile or warm welcome. We had made a special request for the best table possible due to it being our daughter's first visit, but this wasn't even acknowledged. She didn't offer to take our coats, she showed us to a table in the bar which had no chairs and walked off. The steaks were tough and there wasn't even a proper steak knife available for our daughter who couldn't managed to cut the steak herself (she's 12 so not a child!). So disappointing, it will be a long time until we go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous decorLucyDined on 30/10/2014Gaucho looks amazing and fitted our special occasion with its grand decor. The starters were unusual and we couldn't find anything we wanted. The main meal was amazing and definately the best steak ever and for that you definately paid for. Overall glad we went but too over priced for what you got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPD1968Dined on 30/10/2014Excellent food but occasion spoilt somewhat by poor service. Aperitifs took far too long to come, arriving momentarily before starters. Waiter quite brusque and seemed pretty indifferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing lunch in ManchesterLapopieDined on 29/10/2014Having enjoyed several previous visits to Gaucho restaurants in both Manchester and London ( mostly ) I booked lunch on a visit to Manchester. Having previously received the special Gaucho lunch menu on one of their emails we decided to choose from that menu, we were however, surprised and disappointed to be informed by the waitress that our first choices were not available, indeed there was only one main course and that accompanied only by chips. This was from a menu which only comprised three ' mains ' in any event. Gauchos is on the expensive end of the scale and this is just not good enough, as previously mentioned we've always found Gaucho excellent but will give the Manchester branch a miss in future.Special Features:
- Mr GrahanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014Food 5*, Quality 5*, Environment 5*, Wine 5*, Cocktails 5*, Service not very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakPCSA5Dined on 25/10/2014Booked the restaurant for an anniversary meal which was very fitting. Great service, great food. One gripe requested a nice table/special table fit for the occasion but got stuck next to the stairs and the walkway for people going to the bathroom which was a big let down especially after my request was made via Opentable, which put a slight dampener on my plans.Special Features:
- GoodthankyouDined on 25/10/2014Very nice,good service steak best you can buy in manchester :) thank you for wonder full meal :) I would recommend this to any of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastiest Steak Ever ExperiencedMandKDined on 25/10/2014Gaucho has a beautiful ambiance that is welcoming and luxurious. The staff were extremely attentive and were very friendly. And the most amazing part of our dining experience was by far the food. The steaks were out of this world, never have we experienced tastes like this before. The only downside was the drinks at the bar, they were extremely expensive; you could have a beer for £6 or if you don't drink beer then the cheapest drink was £10.Special Features:
- Best steak in ManchesterBalecDined on 24/10/2014Although not inexpensive the steak at Gaucho is always good and without doubt dominates the menu. The wine list is extensive and varied, although again a little expensive and therefore overall a restaurant to impress or for special occasions. The seating is close but not intrusive so generally gets the right balance between creating a good atmosphere and allowing some privacy. Service is always good with staff attentive and always friendly. Without doubt the best steak in Manchester and the guarantee of good meal makes it a safe bet. It is a chain but the team at Gaucho go a long way to making each restaurant feel individual. As I say though don't expect much change from £150 for a 3 course meal for 2 with a good wine.Special Features:
- BeautifulNicnicDined on 18/10/2014My boyfriend and I came on a Saturday night, beautiful decor and food. We ordered scallops to start (highly recommend) then the trio of beef to share with a couple of side orders, was beautifully presented, taste delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:
- First Time VisitMagicMarcoDined on 18/10/2014Peter the waiter very knowledgeable and friendly gave us all the advice we needed on the steaks. Slightly disappointed when main course arrived as we just sat with our steaks, so we had to chase up our accompaniments.Special Features:
- Business DinnerskimanDined on 15/10/2014Excellent food and a very good selection of wine. The service was excellent and we were well taken care of. I will come back again and again and again.Special Features:
- rip-off for serviceTracyDined on 12/10/2014we had lunch there around 3pm, only 1 waiter running around 10 tables with 2 courses. Value of money is not worth for the kind of service.Special Features:
- Food Let It DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014On arrival my girlfriend and I were met and shown to a nice table on the mezzanine, the staff were friendly and I couldn't fault them. Given the price of the food I had expected better, the scallop starters were luke warm, my girlfriends rump steak was done to perfection but my fillet steak was overdone, I asked for medium and it was nearly well done I should have said something but I did not want to spoil the occasion. I have been to Goucho in Gibraltar and whilst the service far exceeds their counterparts on the continent the food just did not live up to the standard I had expected. The atmosphere is excellent and again I cannot fault the staff but I won't be rushing back when I know I can get better food elsewhere. Quite disappointed!
- Let Down LoosLynnerDined on 11/10/2014Planned a nice romantic meal here. The food was ok but very expensive. I did NOT plan on being served frozen chips. The decor was beautiful but the background music made me feel like I was at a rave in Ibiza. Waitress was friendly but I did feel we were being rushed as someone tried removing my plate twice before I had finished eating. The toilets were worse than a shopping centres. Unsuitable soap dispensers. Not by every sink. Used towels overflowing on floor because bin was full. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Romantic CelebrationDACManchesterDined on 10/10/2014I booked for my wife's Birthday. Although we were seated on the mezzanine this didn't really put her off. The food was awesome, however the service was terrible! Our server was very polite but seemed very busy. When seated we were given water, and offered wine, we are more vodka drinkers and in the whole time of the meal only managed to fit in one round. The drinks brought to us were disgusting; primarily because the waitress got our orders wrong. Instead of vodka tonics with a lime slice we were give vodka cokes which tasted like a whole lime had been squeezed into it, food and Condiments taken away which we asked to stay. We were also seated on a table of four, when they had plenty of tables for two. Small things affect a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, atrocious serviceJimbobDined on 4/10/2014Another poor experience unfortunately. I think this will be the last time we will be going to the Gaucho. The service staff are literally incompetent and know very little about the food or the wine and run around confused trying to work out who should be sitting where. Other problems: -Nobody even offered to take our coats despite the obvious fact that they needed putting somewhere -Service at the bar very slow - by time drinks arrived it was time to go to table. -Whilst at the bar, we were asked 3 times by different members of confused and rushed staff who we were. -The supposed wine waiter had absolutely no clue and suggested wine that was not in stock (brilliant!). Put simply, this pretentious place has gone downhill. Look elsewhere.
- Awesome foodskimanDined on 1/10/2014Had a late evening dinner. The service is excellent, food top notch and some of the best wine in town.Special Features:
- BirthdayFilippoDined on 28/9/2014I've booked a table for Sunday evening for my wife's birthday. I did it a couple of week before, so in advance, in order to have even a special cake and a better table: they satisfy my requests, so we've been satisfy and my wife happy. Of course the very good service comes with a price! :-) Sunday dinner much better than Saturday night because less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the SteakSudip49Dined on 28/9/2014The food was incredibly mouth wateringly good, particularly the steak (medium rare). Good variety and choices. The Monk fish and the Lamb were just average to good. The Dessert of the day (white chocolate soufflé with dark chocolate crumble) was just right and really satisfying (presentation as well taste). A little too expensive when the rest of the experience is taken into account. OK! for special occasions (Son's Birthday). Service and friendliness were good but average. Good location however, evening parking could be a problem.Special Features:
- Great steak and value for moneyRJ39Dined on 28/9/2014We went for the lunchtime set menu on a Sunday. The restaurant was quiet but the food was great and we had excellent service from our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyNorwegiantouristDined on 27/9/2014Good Food... good looking waitrises and good Food... Yeah.. Ofc its a little price compeard to some other Places.... so this is not a Place i would dine twice a week.. but when im on holiday to see my favorite football Club play... this is a must destination... Im from Norway and i have been to much poorer resturants and payed more Money for the same meal in my country.... Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Birthday treatAllenandlisaDined on 27/9/2014I booked the restaraunts for my wife's 40 birthday, we had a great time and the food was lovely but shame about the service. They took a while to take our order and it was over hour before we got our starter. It took quite a bit after to get our main course. There wasn't enough staff to service the amount of people in the restaraunts.Special Features:
- Disco or restaurant?BjBibGourmandDined on 27/9/2014The restaurant is very trendy with a nice bar area. Inside the restaurant the Music is playing way to loud. When dining I would like to be able to talk to my friends and have a Nice conversation without shouting. If I was looking for a disco I would NOThave gone to a restaurant!!! And it is so hot inside - I had to go outside twice during my meal! The staff is very helpful and gives good service. The meat is perfectly cooked and tastes great. However, in the end it is not worth what you have to pay for it.Special Features:
- NitynoraDined on 27/9/2014The food was fantastic we couldn't fault it but the service was very poor. The waiter forgot our wine and then said it was not available so by the time our food arrived we had no wine. It spoilt the night slightly, we would have liked the wine straight away so that it would have time to breath before our steak arrived. Also our side salad dish never came despite asking for it twice, we gave in in the end. Such a shame as the food is fantastic. A similar thing happened the first time we visited. I don't think we'll rush back and we won't be recommending it to friends. It also feels like you're being rushed so that the next table sitting is available. Great building though.Special Features: