2a St. Mary's St.
Manchester, M3 2LBNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 01618334333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 12:00PM-5:00PM;
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:00PM-10.30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Fernando Trocca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Zeri Burt-Skeete 016-183-343-33 x
- Special Events: Beef Master classes are available for guest of 9 guests or more in the private dining room. Champagne, cocktail, wine and cheese master classes are also available on request, please contact Zeri.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Deansgate
- Public Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: NCP on Black Frairs Road. Gaucho Manchester does not have parking vouchers. Disabled parking opposite of the restaurant.
A word from Gaucho Manchester
Argentine casual fine dining restaurant, specialising in steaks.Continued
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Gaucho Manchester - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Gaucho Manchester reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (355)romance (250)business meals (180)fit for foodies (166)group bookings (115)pre/post theatre (82)outstanding value (28)sunday lunch (17)brunch (14)afternoon tea (12)disabled access (11)child friendly (8)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (4)Show More
- BeautifulNicnicDined on 18/10/2014My boyfriend and I came on a Saturday night, beautiful decor and food. We ordered scallops to start (highly recommend) then the trio of beef to share with a couple of side orders, was beautifully presented, taste delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:
- First Time VisitMagicMarcoDined on 18/10/2014Peter the waiter very knowledgeable and friendly gave us all the advice we needed on the steaks. Slightly disappointed when main course arrived as we just sat with our steaks, so we had to chase up our accompaniments.Special Features:
- Business DinnerskimanDined on 15/10/2014Excellent food and a very good selection of wine. The service was excellent and we were well taken care of. I will come back again and again and again.Special Features:
- rip-off for serviceTracyDined on 12/10/2014we had lunch there around 3pm, only 1 waiter running around 10 tables with 2 courses. Value of money is not worth for the kind of service.Special Features:
- Food Let It DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014On arrival my girlfriend and I were met and shown to a nice table on the mezzanine, the staff were friendly and I couldn't fault them. Given the price of the food I had expected better, the scallop starters were luke warm, my girlfriends rump steak was done to perfection but my fillet steak was overdone, I asked for medium and it was nearly well done I should have said something but I did not want to spoil the occasion. I have been to Goucho in Gibraltar and whilst the service far exceeds their counterparts on the continent the food just did not live up to the standard I had expected. The atmosphere is excellent and again I cannot fault the staff but I won't be rushing back when I know I can get better food elsewhere. Quite disappointed!
- Let Down LoosLynnerDined on 11/10/2014Planned a nice romantic meal here. The food was ok but very expensive. I did NOT plan on being served frozen chips. The decor was beautiful but the background music made me feel like I was at a rave in Ibiza. Waitress was friendly but I did feel we were being rushed as someone tried removing my plate twice before I had finished eating. The toilets were worse than a shopping centres. Unsuitable soap dispensers. Not by every sink. Used towels overflowing on floor because bin was full. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Romantic CelebrationDACManchesterDined on 10/10/2014I booked for my wife's Birthday. Although we were seated on the mezzanine this didn't really put her off. The food was awesome, however the service was terrible! Our server was very polite but seemed very busy. When seated we were given water, and offered wine, we are more vodka drinkers and in the whole time of the meal only managed to fit in one round. The drinks brought to us were disgusting; primarily because the waitress got our orders wrong. Instead of vodka tonics with a lime slice we were give vodka cokes which tasted like a whole lime had been squeezed into it, food and Condiments taken away which we asked to stay. We were also seated on a table of four, when they had plenty of tables for two. Small things affect a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, atrocious serviceJimbobDined on 4/10/2014Another poor experience unfortunately. I think this will be the last time we will be going to the Gaucho. The service staff are literally incompetent and know very little about the food or the wine and run around confused trying to work out who should be sitting where. Other problems: -Nobody even offered to take our coats despite the obvious fact that they needed putting somewhere -Service at the bar very slow - by time drinks arrived it was time to go to table. -Whilst at the bar, we were asked 3 times by different members of confused and rushed staff who we were. -The supposed wine waiter had absolutely no clue and suggested wine that was not in stock (brilliant!). Put simply, this pretentious place has gone downhill. Look elsewhere.
- Awesome foodskimanDined on 1/10/2014Had a late evening dinner. The service is excellent, food top notch and some of the best wine in town.Special Features:
- BirthdayFilippoDined on 28/9/2014I've booked a table for Sunday evening for my wife's birthday. I did it a couple of week before, so in advance, in order to have even a special cake and a better table: they satisfy my requests, so we've been satisfy and my wife happy. Of course the very good service comes with a price! :-) Sunday dinner much better than Saturday night because less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the SteakSudip49Dined on 28/9/2014The food was incredibly mouth wateringly good, particularly the steak (medium rare). Good variety and choices. The Monk fish and the Lamb were just average to good. The Dessert of the day (white chocolate soufflé with dark chocolate crumble) was just right and really satisfying (presentation as well taste). A little too expensive when the rest of the experience is taken into account. OK! for special occasions (Son's Birthday). Service and friendliness were good but average. Good location however, evening parking could be a problem.Special Features:
- Great steak and value for moneyRJ39Dined on 28/9/2014We went for the lunchtime set menu on a Sunday. The restaurant was quiet but the food was great and we had excellent service from our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyNorwegiantouristDined on 27/9/2014Good Food... good looking waitrises and good Food... Yeah.. Ofc its a little price compeard to some other Places.... so this is not a Place i would dine twice a week.. but when im on holiday to see my favorite football Club play... this is a must destination... Im from Norway and i have been to much poorer resturants and payed more Money for the same meal in my country.... Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Birthday treatAllenandlisaDined on 27/9/2014I booked the restaraunts for my wife's 40 birthday, we had a great time and the food was lovely but shame about the service. They took a while to take our order and it was over hour before we got our starter. It took quite a bit after to get our main course. There wasn't enough staff to service the amount of people in the restaraunts.Special Features:
- Disco or restaurant?BjBibGourmandDined on 27/9/2014The restaurant is very trendy with a nice bar area. Inside the restaurant the Music is playing way to loud. When dining I would like to be able to talk to my friends and have a Nice conversation without shouting. If I was looking for a disco I would NOThave gone to a restaurant!!! And it is so hot inside - I had to go outside twice during my meal! The staff is very helpful and gives good service. The meat is perfectly cooked and tastes great. However, in the end it is not worth what you have to pay for it.Special Features:
- NitynoraDined on 27/9/2014The food was fantastic we couldn't fault it but the service was very poor. The waiter forgot our wine and then said it was not available so by the time our food arrived we had no wine. It spoilt the night slightly, we would have liked the wine straight away so that it would have time to breath before our steak arrived. Also our side salad dish never came despite asking for it twice, we gave in in the end. Such a shame as the food is fantastic. A similar thing happened the first time we visited. I don't think we'll rush back and we won't be recommending it to friends. It also feels like you're being rushed so that the next table sitting is available. Great building though.Special Features:
- Best Steak everBoroboyDined on 25/9/2014I went with my wife for our Anniversary, the food and the service provided by Kris was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakRebeccaDeWinterDined on 25/9/2014I first visited this Gaucho back in 2008 and was pleased to see on this latest visit that the standard was still very high. The occasion was my partner's birthday and the experience overall was a very positive one: the steaks we chose were beautifully cooked and very tasty and the cocktails and wine delicious. The initial cocktails took a while to arrive: the waitress explained the bar was very busy. Service was very friendly – although we did feel we waited a bit too long to pay. Meal was marvellous, although the chips were not that impressive. Also, the two of us were seated at a table for four even though tables for two were available. It felt a bit weird but we got used to it. We'd go again, for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent!VPatelDined on 24/9/2014Took my partner for his birthday- food, service absolutely everything was perfect! Some may think it's pricey for a steak but the whole experience is worthwhile!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPauloDined on 20/9/2014Having arranged a hotel to stay in Manchester, we were very excited to get a table at the hyped Gaucho. The arrival experience was very poor, we were sat in what felt was a busy cloakroom corridor and not informed we could have sat within the restaurant to have pre dinner drinks. We waiting over 45 mins before we got to our table. The cheaper wines started at £35 and we were recommended one for £38 which tasted horrible. The steaks at best were good but considering the price and the hype they were very disappointing. I had the rib eye which was not very tasty. The ambience was very disappointing - loud music, not relaxing - overall hugely disappointing.Special Features:
- lovely PlaceNadsDined on 20/9/2014We have been to Gauchos in Leeds before, so when we visited Manchester we thought we'd give the Manchester one a go as well. the ambient is outstanding and the service is absolutely lovely. the food was just as tasty and quality as is Leeds. would certainly recommend it to anyone who appreciates good quality food and doesn't mind to spend a tiny bit more. it's definetly worth every penny!Special Features:
- MartynDined on 20/9/2014Attentive friendly staff and steaks to die for - perfect meal as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Loved it in London ...Liberty109Dined on 18/9/2014Loved gaucho in London, had to take my boyfriend to the one in Manchester as he loves steak and what better place to go? Very disappointed. Steak was really chewy, I left half of mine due to all the unedible fat, it didn't even have the usual immense flavour like in London(for two days marinated in garlic you'd think it'd have lots!) Got our drinks, without even taking a sip our steaks were down on the table (there's fast and then there's fast). Having worked in hospitality for years I understand food being fast especially medium rare but this was too much. Felt more like a fast food restaurant than a nice little date restaurant. For £40 per head disappointingSpecial Features:
- Can betterBelgium1971Dined on 15/9/2014The food was in general good; very good starters, very good meat but the sides were not good. Our fries were not baked properly and the salad was not good either, they should pay more attention to that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and poor serviceDanielleDined on 13/9/2014We have been to Gaucho's several times in Manchester and we have been to the tower bridge one in Longon and always been great service and great food. however on this occasion we was very disappointed. Firstly, we booked a table for 9.45pm we did not get seated until 10.15pm. Then our mains rushed out without any bread. The steaks were cold. The pepper sauce felt like it had just come out the fridge. We had the trio of madilions and the big 450g tasting platter. I usually have rump and is usually lovely but on this occasion I could not cut the rump it was that tough so ended up leaving most of the rump. The rest was nice just cold.Special Features:
- DonCicciDined on 13/9/2014THE best fillet steak I have ever tasted. Great value for money considering the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningbennensDined on 12/9/2014We went to Gaucho on friday evening to celebrate my husbands birthday and had a lovely evening. We requested a table on the mezamine which they sorted out for us. This is the third time we have been and enjoyed it as much as the past two occasions. The staff are very attentive and helpful, the food is amazing and it is one of our favourite places to go. having said all that it is an expensive evening and something that we cant do unless it is a special occasion so we tend to go for a birthday.Special Features:
- Steve14Dined on 6/9/2014Excellent, attentive staff delivered a fabulous ceviche, a very good steak and a wonderful dessert. Not the best steak I've ever had though and £5 for three mushrooms, what's that all about? I'll definitely go back back but only for a special occasion and primarily for the ceviche and the great customer service, despite the accident with the wine and proffiteroles, handled brilliantly by our waiter Darren and other members of staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateAdybradyDined on 5/9/2014Fantastic venue to take my new girl. Both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention .. To detailRazmariesDined on 5/9/2014It's easy to review Gaucho as it was superb. The attention to detail in the ingredients cooking and service was second to none. Any review that says less is probably just trying to stand out as is human nature ... They can't be serious .. The cow hide decor 'does' work because it's funky yet monochrome and contemporary. The building is beautiful in its architecture, and the staff and management are friendly and yet clearly trying to serve which is paramount when steaks have to arrive as ordered on time and to the right person in a group of 8 people ... And they all did :-) We wanted to rebook there and then .. Congratulations to Angus the manager and his staff ... Superlative !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachaelladyRackDined on 3/9/2014The service was amazing. Such a friendly atmasphere, you felt welcomed as soon as you walked in. The meats were explained to us and they even helped us choose a wine from their entensive collection. Cood was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSam46Dined on 31/8/2014We were there on a Sunday eve so was quite busy but it was excellent! Went to the Leeds one few weeks ago and same superb service etc. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingkirks23Dined on 30/8/2014Food was lush, the restaurant is beautiful & staff are friendly and answered questions we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geodav92Dined on 30/8/2014I had a great time celebrating my birthday at Gaucho, our waitress was pleasant start to finish and did a great job explaining the menu to us! All food and drink was lovely and the overall restraunt was well presented and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible servicejdm1Dined on 30/8/2014We went for a late afternoon meal and the restaurant was pretty quiet. Despite the fact that it wasn't busy, and there were plenty of staff on duty, the service was very poor. In general the staff seemed far more interested in talking amongst themsleves rather than serving customers and one of the waitresses was so brusque in her manner, it made us feel that we were unwelcome. Not once did we have our wine glasses topped up, we repeatedly had try and gain attention in order to obtain service and everything took ages. Fortunately the food was good but the lousy service spoiled the experience. We did complain to the manager at the end but all he did was say that it would be better next time!Special Features:
- A little pricy but worth it!SruizDined on 29/8/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Gaucho. The drinks were quite expensive though. However, the food was briliant and it made us forget about the bill. I will definitely recommend it and come back.Special Features:
- Superb Steaks, Great AtmosphereSteveDDined on 28/8/2014Invited American Business Guests to dine with with us. They loved it. Choice of steaks is impressive, not somewhere you would naturally take a vegetarian, though with a bit of searching we got him fed. Wine list is extensive but pricy, Somelier very knowledgeable and we enjoyed his suggested Malbec and Sauv Blanc. All agreed steaks were cooked to perfection. Notwithstanding the wine still a 5* experienceSpecial Features:
- beautifulkingsdinerDined on 28/8/2014had an early dinner, first in, service excellent food even better, we shared 600 gram spiral cut rib eye, cooked to perfection.restaurant is gorgeousSpecial Features:
- FantasticgoodfoodmattersDined on 27/8/2014We received first class service followed with fantastic wine and some of the best food eaten in manchester, we will be returning and recommending to everyone to visit.Special Features:
- Steaks GreatermintrudeismadDined on 23/8/2014Third visit in past 2 years - food consistently very good. Rump steak was very thick and tasty, cooked as requested. The marinaded sirloin too was perfectly cook and bursting with flavour. Whilst the wine is always good - the prices are excessive and take the gloss off an otherwise very enjoyable experience.Special Features: