2a St. Mary's St.
Manchester, M3 2LBNeighborhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 01618334333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 12:00PM-5:00PM;
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:00PM-10.30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Fernando Trocca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Zeri Burt-Skeete 016-183-343-33 x
- Special Events: Beef Master classes are available for guest of 9 guests or more in the private dining room. Champagne, cocktail, wine and cheese master classes are also available on request, please contact Zeri.email@example.com
- Cross Street: Deansgate
- Public Transit: Tram stop 10 minute walk away. free local bus from Piccadilly train station drops off 1 minute away. Victoria train station 10 minute walk away.
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: NCP on Black Frairs Road. Gaucho Manchester does not have parking vouchers. Disabled parking opposite of the restaurant.
A word from Gaucho Manchester
Argentine casual fine dining restaurant, specialising in steaks.Continued
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
The most extensive Argentine wine list in the uk.
With Private dining and corporate facilities available.
Beautiful, newly refurbished listed building, centrally located.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Gaucho Manchester - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Gaucho Manchester reviews from OpenTable diners
476 reviews since 19 May 2014
special occasions (359)romance (247)business meals (182)fit for foodies (169)group bookings (118)pre/post theatre (82)outstanding value (30)sunday lunch (16)afternoon tea (12)disabled access (11)brunch (10)child friendly (8)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (4)Show More
- Cold food and poor serviceDanielleDined on 13/9/2014We have been to Gaucho's several times in Manchester and we have been to the tower bridge one in Longon and always been great service and great food. however on this occasion we was very disappointed. Firstly, we booked a table for 9.45pm we did not get seated until 10.15pm. Then our mains rushed out without any bread. The steaks were cold. The pepper sauce felt like it had just come out the fridge. We had the trio of madilions and the big 450g tasting platter. I usually have rump and is usually lovely but on this occasion I could not cut the rump it was that tough so ended up leaving most of the rump. The rest was nice just cold.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningbennensDined on 12/9/2014We went to Gaucho on friday evening to celebrate my husbands birthday and had a lovely evening. We requested a table on the mezamine which they sorted out for us. This is the third time we have been and enjoyed it as much as the past two occasions. The staff are very attentive and helpful, the food is amazing and it is one of our favourite places to go. having said all that it is an expensive evening and something that we cant do unless it is a special occasion so we tend to go for a birthday.Special Features:
- Steve14Dined on 6/9/2014Excellent, attentive staff delivered a fabulous ceviche, a very good steak and a wonderful dessert. Not the best steak I've ever had though and £5 for three mushrooms, what's that all about? I'll definitely go back back but only for a special occasion and primarily for the ceviche and the great customer service, despite the accident with the wine and proffiteroles, handled brilliantly by our waiter Darren and other members of staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateAdybradyDined on 5/9/2014Fantastic venue to take my new girl. Both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention .. To detailRazmariesDined on 5/9/2014It's easy to review Gaucho as it was superb. The attention to detail in the ingredients cooking and service was second to none. Any review that says less is probably just trying to stand out as is human nature ... They can't be serious .. The cow hide decor 'does' work because it's funky yet monochrome and contemporary. The building is beautiful in its architecture, and the staff and management are friendly and yet clearly trying to serve which is paramount when steaks have to arrive as ordered on time and to the right person in a group of 8 people ... And they all did :-) We wanted to rebook there and then .. Congratulations to Angus the manager and his staff ... Superlative !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachaelladyRackDined on 3/9/2014The service was amazing. Such a friendly atmasphere, you felt welcomed as soon as you walked in. The meats were explained to us and they even helped us choose a wine from their entensive collection. Cood was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSam46Dined on 31/8/2014We were there on a Sunday eve so was quite busy but it was excellent! Went to the Leeds one few weeks ago and same superb service etc. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingkirks23Dined on 30/8/2014Food was lush, the restaurant is beautiful & staff are friendly and answered questions we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geodav92Dined on 30/8/2014I had a great time celebrating my birthday at Gaucho, our waitress was pleasant start to finish and did a great job explaining the menu to us! All food and drink was lovely and the overall restraunt was well presented and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible servicejdm1Dined on 30/8/2014We went for a late afternoon meal and the restaurant was pretty quiet. Despite the fact that it wasn't busy, and there were plenty of staff on duty, the service was very poor. In general the staff seemed far more interested in talking amongst themsleves rather than serving customers and one of the waitresses was so brusque in her manner, it made us feel that we were unwelcome. Not once did we have our wine glasses topped up, we repeatedly had try and gain attention in order to obtain service and everything took ages. Fortunately the food was good but the lousy service spoiled the experience. We did complain to the manager at the end but all he did was say that it would be better next time!Special Features:
- A little pricy but worth it!SruizDined on 29/8/2014We had a fantastic dinner at Gaucho. The drinks were quite expensive though. However, the food was briliant and it made us forget about the bill. I will definitely recommend it and come back.Special Features:
- Superb Steaks, Great AtmosphereSteveDDined on 28/8/2014Invited American Business Guests to dine with with us. They loved it. Choice of steaks is impressive, not somewhere you would naturally take a vegetarian, though with a bit of searching we got him fed. Wine list is extensive but pricy, Somelier very knowledgeable and we enjoyed his suggested Malbec and Sauv Blanc. All agreed steaks were cooked to perfection. Notwithstanding the wine still a 5* experienceSpecial Features:
- beautifulkingsdinerDined on 28/8/2014had an early dinner, first in, service excellent food even better, we shared 600 gram spiral cut rib eye, cooked to perfection.restaurant is gorgeousSpecial Features:
- FantasticgoodfoodmattersDined on 27/8/2014We received first class service followed with fantastic wine and some of the best food eaten in manchester, we will be returning and recommending to everyone to visit.Special Features:
- Steaks GreatermintrudeismadDined on 23/8/2014Third visit in past 2 years - food consistently very good. Rump steak was very thick and tasty, cooked as requested. The marinaded sirloin too was perfectly cook and bursting with flavour. Whilst the wine is always good - the prices are excessive and take the gloss off an otherwise very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Visually stunningSupercalaDined on 22/8/2014Always wanted to try Gaucho just because of the pictures I'd seen. It met all my expectations and more. The food is stunning. Great flavours. Service was a little slow at first (sat half an hour with just a bottle of water before anyone asked us for our wine order) but after this, perfect. Loved the fact that the waitress brought a board of all the different steaks to us so the we would understand what we were ordering. A little too dark to read the menu but if it were brighter I think the ambience would be lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSarahmDined on 22/8/2014Went for anniversiary meal as my husband loves steak. He was not disappointed. They explain all the steaks and wines and are very accommodating lovely service and food. Loved the house music too on background!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMPeopleDined on 22/8/2014We hade a magnificent time at the Gaucho, probably one of the coolest restaurants I have ever been in.Special Features:
- Meat HeavenartieshawDined on 22/8/2014If you're a meat lover, then this is the place for you! The best steaks I have ever had and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFoodFanaticDined on 20/8/2014We love gaucho, not only is the food excellent but the service is of the highest quality. They cater for food intolerances. The staff are friendly and attentive and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Definitely worth the price tag, we will be coming back here again. Thank you #Gaucho ManchesterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for steaksLuv2dineDined on 16/8/2014Lovely meal in a lovely venue with excellent service and good value. What more could you want to celebrate 4 birthdays.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly GoodecreviewDined on 16/8/2014Food was excellent, completely worth the hype. Music was a bit loud, so I personally do not think it's suitable for a romantic night which was what I had planned, but I can imagine atmosphere being great had I gone with a group of friends. Service from the waiters could be a bit better for a restaurant of this calibre, but the head waiter was very warm/friendly and made up for it.Special Features:
- Lovely placeCcreamegg2Dined on 16/8/2014We celebrated a birthday here last week. The good was amazing. The staff were very attentive and they even put a candle in the ice cream for us. Lovely evening. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealHolleahyDined on 16/8/2014Excellent service and perfectly cooked steak, a great way to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!!foodyDined on 15/8/2014Wow food atmosphere everything about gaucho was amazing. Service was outstanding! 10/10 overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embarrassing and disappointingSkh90Dined on 14/8/2014Couldn't fault the food or Lydia, our waitress. The other members of staff ruined our evening. My dad was NOT acting like a drunken lout or out of order whatsoever, he was in no way "intoxicated" but the staff insisted on telling a 57 year old that they were "just Going to fill up his glass with water" and then upon his asking for a 4th beer, they brought shandy (still charged for beer). When leaving, my dad patted down his coat and the male waiter asked if he needed to call him a taxi - maybe just polite but given the rest of the evening, it did leave a bitter taste. This was he first time I'd seen my dad in a year and the start of his first holiday in 11 years. An embarrassing and disappointing start for him.Special Features:
- OutstandingAmaz92Dined on 10/8/2014Unbelievable service ! And the best steak we have ever had . Would recommend to anybody . It's a classy sophisticated restaurant decor to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jokerDined on 9/8/2014The meal was lovely as usual the only down side being the amount of time we had to wait for our meals to arrive there didnt seem to have enough staff on duty .Special Features:
- Hope you are not thirstyDisapointed1Dined on 9/8/2014We arrived at 9.00 on Saturday night - one barman on ! took 20 minutes to get our first drink. Food quality disappointing, had a the selection of 3 steaks, not good. Not cheap, but that would have been fine if it was good enough.
- Fantastic!RickDined on 9/8/2014Went to Gaucho Manchester to celebrate my son's 21st. As a venue for a special occasion this was perfect. My boys and I had steak (of course!) and my wife had the Gaucho burger. We started with the sausage platter for the table. We all loved everything we had! So, great food, great service and a great atmosphere...what more could we ask for?!Special Features:
- Dinner 8/8/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We arrived 5 mins early, we were told to get a drink at the bar . After a few minutes the bartender spilt some of a cocktail he was making all over my white shirt! But hey accidents happen however we then proceed to wait 30 mins after our booking time until we were shown our table ! After that the service and food was up to standard . If was just the poor service before that would make me 2nd guess returningSpecial Features:
- A Good ExperienceJMA0385Dined on 8/8/2014Food and service were excellent. There's also not many places in manchester that can compete with the venu as the surroundings and ambiance are outstanding. My only issue was the value for money element, for example the most reasonable bottle of wine was priced at £30+. The overall experience and quality of food was excellent and would certainly recommend it to all steak lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Being a regular visitor to the Gaucho on Charlotte Street in London, I was up in Manchester with a client and booked a table here. Food as always very good, service was not up to the usual standard though, staff seemed young and inexperienced, less attentive than what I have come to expect. Even my client commented, not ideal. food was good thoughSpecial Features:
- Great Service, Good variesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014Service was great, food was varied, some great other stuff problematic. My partners had to send the start back twice, one because it was too spice ( no spice mentioned on the menu) and second time because it was undercooked.
- We are READY (!!!) to order...AshtoesliDined on 6/8/2014May be our waiter (D) needed to be given an anchor to enable him to stay next to the table longer than 2 sec at a time. The time span of his memory seems to be also very limited. Somehow, he was not interested in our answers to his questions. Our guest who had fish, was pleased with it; his wife received a tiny inedible piece of lamb . She asked for it to be well done and the chef May be read it like 'make the hardest item if it'. It would have been good as a self defence item if not the size of it. Total disrespect to ingredients, time and money. My stake was fine but not a memorable experiences, the 4th guest was upset with the service and lack of taste that would encourage a return.Special Features:
- Poor foodMasterchefDined on 3/8/2014First time at Gauchos to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary and it was very disappointing. The service was really good, friendly, attentive and helpful staff. The food was very poor. We chose the Gaucho sampler which was 4 select cuts of beef. I've never eaten fillet that was tough to cut and eat but this was. The other cuts were not much better. My wife couldn't eat much of the meal. The deserts were good but portions were very small. Given our experience the menu is way over priced.
- shame about the waiting timeundervaluedDined on 2/8/2014The food was fantastic and I couldn't fault it but despite booking a table, we still had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. To make things worse, people who turned up after us were seated before us. The booking system clearly doesn't work or perhaps we weren't important enough to deserve our booking. When I asked what the delay was I was advised our table wasn't ready. 45 minutes to make up a table for 2? Overall the food was perfect but we were made to feel like our custom wasn't wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointmentDined on 2/8/2014Having been before we expected a similar enjoyable evening. Being charged £4.50 for a bottle of sparkling water did not impress especially in the way it was offered - seemingly like a free one. We had over an hour wait between starters and mains despite 2 attempts to have this sorted out. We appreciated the offer of a free bottle of wine but as we had spent so long waiting we had drunk the bottle we intended to have so needed to reorder to have a drink with the meal when it came. For somewhere that prides itself on the quality of the steaks they were poor and nothing like the quality we had had previously. Small things like not bringing sauces asked for also added to the general disappointment.
- Amazing FoodScottDined on 2/8/2014I love visiting Gaucho, the food is amazing. Been there five times now and I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all faux-hide coat and no knickersnomnomnomDined on 30/7/2014While I was served a good (not great) steak and a very interesting scallop dish in a buzzing atmosphere, Gaucho has the tired look of glamour that's been brushed up against once too many. An excess of faux cow-hide and leather cheapens the otherwise stunning building and, if you're a woman in a skirt, may leave bare skin stuck to your seat. I left wondering why they believe meat that's travelled 4500 miles (and some time) to reach my plate would be better than fresh and local?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.