The O2, Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DXNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 8858 7711
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Gaucho we pride ourselves on the basic philosophy of provenance. To us this means authenticity, assurance and rigorous attention to obtain the finest quality ingredients at source. This dedication ensures that every time you visit us, you experience the true essence of Argentine life. Its food, its wine, its culture and importantly the passion of the people.
- Private Party Facilities: Concert Menu entertaining package: Guests who book the private dining room for 18-24 guests will also get access to the Private VIP Hospitality Suite overlooking The O2 arena front stage.
- Private Party Contact: Lulie Murray 02088587711
- Special Events: Please refer to The O2 website - www.TheO2.co.uk for a full listing of forthcoming shows in the O2 Arena as well as Indigo2 and all exhibition details.
A word from Gaucho O2
This haven, spread over three floors features, a 100 cover cocktail lounge with a luxurious sunken seating area, a 136 cover restaurant adjoined by a balcony restaurant which overlooks the bustling crowds entering the arena, and a unique, flexible event space which can accommodate after show parties and bespoke dining for parties of 8 up to 150. Continuing to evolve our offering, Gaucho boasts a wine tasting boutique that can accommodate up to 12 guests, an 24 cover Private Dining Room, and a 24 cover VIP suite inside the main arena with spectacular views of the shows. All floors feature the signature cowhide and crystal chandelier design elements that create Gaucho’s unique Buenos Aires inspired sense of opulence and luxury, and are available for corporate experiences and exclusive hire. Our events management team are on hand to design tasting experiences and arena suite dinner events according to your individual needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Gaucho O2 - Best restaurants in Greenwich ›
Gaucho O2 reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since 24 November 2013
special occasions (369)pre/post theatre (229)romance (227)business meals (169)fit for foodies (166)group bookings (122)disabled access (29)sunday lunch (27)outstanding value (17)child friendly (13)brunch (12)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Pre Bryan Adams GauchotoledomanDined on 22/11/2014I have to admit to being slightly disappointed at our visit to Gaucho on Saturday 22nd November, we have been before and would have offered a better review on the last visit. Having been given the introduction to the various cuts of meat, and both of us preferring 'medium' we went with the recommended cuts. Bread and oil duly arrived, very nice, our main courses arrived quicker than I expected as the restaurant was packed. The steak on both our meals was quite tasteless and also a bit tough, not what we expected, also the side dishes were tepid rather than hot. The service was good and our waitress helpful and friendly, perhaps just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for shows at O2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/11/2014We had a short visit to the Gaucho at O2 as we were attending a concert at the O2 that evening. We informed the waiter upon arrival that we were pushed for time and service was quick and attentive. Food was lovely as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff and ServiceKerrieDined on 22/11/2014I visited Gauchos for my boyfriends birthday and we were not disappointed. The staff were so polite and helpful, couldn't do enough for us and the service was equally as good. There was a slight accident with some garlic oil that had been spilt over my white blazer but it was exactly that, an accident. Overall I couldn't fault the food, service or staff. I will definitely be back. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but.......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 20/11/2014Good food, unless you hate steak, and nice selection of authentic appetizers also with Argentinian theme. They have a very extensive wine list to match, with some of their own brand. Was very good. The restaurant was pretty busy as this was a pre show dinner but they were well organized and it was nice that they offered the entire menu rather than an abbreviated one. Our steaks were good, generous size, and nicely seasoned. The sides were a little skimpy. Unfortunately our dinner was overshadowed by the very very loud music blaring and throbbing at us. Club music, NOT in any way dinner music , way too loud, and it clearly limits any table talk, including with the waiter ! Please reconsider your music choices. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite HawksmooranonVIPDined on 19/11/2014This was our first visit to a Gaucho. Service was attentive and friendly though there were too many visits to our table which served to interrupt conversations. The loud background music also Made that difficult.The restaurant policy of having a succession of waiters constantly arriving to top up the wine glasses by 1/8th of an inch at a time was unecessary and slightly annoying. Steaks were good though we didn't feel they were as good as those we've had at Hawksmoor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and not enought on the plateDarkDined on 19/11/2014very disappointed, would recommend to others can see for themselves that their are better restaurants elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Foodpaul0905Dined on 18/11/2014Great restaurant and a new experience for me. The range and quality of the wines and food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again during an eventVicMDined on 16/11/2014I have visited Gaucho on a number of occasions and could never fault the food or services but this time it was horrible. Our starter was cold and still frozen in the middle and was sent back 3 times, our main was not cooked to how we requested and was cold along with the sides the only thing that was hot was the chips! Over all It was just embarrassing that we had bought family to enjoy a place that we loved attending just to be meet with disappointment.
- Beautiful decor ; Great Set Menu ; Too busySammyKDined on 16/11/2014A group of us came here for lunch on Sunday (during an event day) so we expectedly it to be busy but we also felt it: parts of our order took a while to come and so did the bill. Otherwise, the food was lovely (especially compared to other places in the O2!). Most of us had the set menu, which I personally think is great value if you look at the rest of the menu. The poached smoked haddock looked lovely, everyone seemed happy with their steaks, the smoked garlic holllandaise added a bit of excitement and the chips were amazing! I loved the bread&butter pudding with dulce de leche custuard but the malbec sorbet was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fab but service not great on this occasionCLM404828Dined on 16/11/2014Meat is second to none, staff great, buzzy restaurant. Maybe a bad day - has to ask 3 times for salads ordered with meal and overall v slow which as it happens was fine for us. Would definitely go back to see if overall experience was better next time as other experiences at Gauchos have been fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and service. Not cheap!cerigomerjamesVIPDined on 15/11/2014Went before the tennis. Great atmosphere and attentive service. Had a fun meal for sure. A la carte is expensive but we decided against the good value lunch menu due to those portion sizes. Will go back and make sure we've saved beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place at the o2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 13/11/2014Very good food and good service. A word of warning. It gets very busy before and after events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top steaks to die for!EatingisfunDined on 13/11/2014With beef that literally melts in your mouth, tasty accompaniments & scrumptious desserts - and don't forget the cocktails & exciting wines & champagnes - Gaucho is a superb place to dine! We've never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O2 dinnerStephVIPDined on 11/11/2014Great way to entertain before an event. Food and service always consistent and goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks in my opinionJacDm1Dined on 11/11/2014We visited Gaucho at the O2 Arena for lunch. The service was excellent from the minute you walk through the door. In my opinion, the steaks here are the best I have had anywhere in the world. The choice and quality of side dishes match those steaks. The choice of wine is great and served at the perfect temperature. This is not a cheap restaurant, especially if you opt for the speciality choices, but if you want to try something really special in the way of a steak, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Any sides with your steak? Yes, a glass of Malbec!UzziDined on 10/11/2014I come here for the steak! Its the perfect way to get away from the bustle of the tennis crowds and cocoon yourself in the darkness whilst you sip a smooth glass of red and await the steak. I am sure there are other wonderful things on the menu but I come here for the Bife de Lomo perfectly prepared. The only negative thing to say is that our dinner companions on an adjacent table were annoying but with the wonderful service they were efficiently dealt with and a lovely old couple took their place. I can't choose the other patrons, but did i mention, I love the steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor start, very good finishHandle2Dined on 10/11/2014We got off to a bad start with the waitress telling us the portion size of a main would fill you up and not leave you hungry. 6 pieces of ravioli is not filling, not in the least. Thankfully the manager was brilliant and provided another main to actually fill the gap. From there everything was fine, just the attitude from the original waitress was not ideal. I fully accept the problem lies with us as much as the restaurants so if I sum up the experience in one phrase, "the food is exceptional but go knowing you'll need multiple courses and paying dearly for it".Special Features:
- Food let down by service & valueroggybloggyDined on 9/11/2014Pricey place, with a buzzy atmosphere (the room is very loud - ask for a balcony table if you would like it a little bit quieter) and tables pretty close together. No complaints about the quality of the food and the service is cheerful and generally helpful. However, service was also gauche and looked untrained as though temps had been hired in for the night; confusion as to who was serving us, leaning right over the table and across diners to reach, not knowing who had ordered what Not satisfactory when the prices are this high. Talking of which - £4.95 for half a sweet potato? Mains prices were fair, but not the sides. We didn't appreciate the addition of a bottle of £99.50 wine on the bill. It was removed swiftly, but still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauch-o-noOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Complete comedy of errors which would have looked out of place at a Harvester. For a table of four asking a chef at a steak restaurant to deliver all meats cooked the same (medium rare) and to have 2 cooked wrong (one mooing still and one charred) and 2 having clearly sat on the pass for 7-8 minutes is unacceptable. We sent these back with sides, but received completely different sides. Our delightful waiter said that bringing the wrong sides was ok, because they would be comped at the end. How kind! Unfortunately opentable doesn't offer enough characters to aptly detail the inadequacies, but basic front of house training would be a good start.Special Features:
- Wow!Lovefood1Dined on 6/11/2014We dined here for our wedding anniversary....a lovely evening, the right atmosphere, great service and food. Would def visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreezingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014place was an ice box, food was good but way overpriced
- The1stLadyDined on 1/11/2014Gaucho is a classic case of style over substance. The atmosphere and lighting are wonderful, but sadly even though the food is consistently good the quality was not matched by the service which was disappointing in the extreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysJon79Dined on 1/11/2014This is the second time we have been to the O2 restaurant and we had another delightful evening. The staff and service were as always perfect and the food was amazing. Our entire party were extremely happy with their meals and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIFIC!MercVIPDined on 1/11/2014Being fans of Gaucho in general we decided to book a table for dinner before a show. To describe Gaucho O2 as the poorer relation to the rest of the chain would be paying it an undue compliment! The organisation is an absolute shambles - twenty minutes after our booking time they were still struggling to find us a table. The waitress dropped cutlery over me, spilled drinks over our glasses and got our bill wrong twice. The food was absolutely tasteless and dire. I can honestly say it was the worst steak I've ever had! Our order included a number of side dishes, one veggie main and a range of starters - all devoid of flavour and presented in a really unappealing way. AVOID - TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!
- First choice for Dinner at The O2stenerDined on 1/11/2014Always excellent food, great atmosphere and good service at The Gaucho, it's always our first choice for dinner before a show or concert, This time was no exception, we had Crab, Scallops, fillet steaks and Cod with Clams, all were superbly cooked and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 28/10/2014Fantastic steak and exciting wines- we had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Stunning steakAndyHDined on 26/10/2014Always delivers on the meat. Amazing flavour. We we're let down with cold plates, which meant that all the mains and sides got cold very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Gaga steakFrequentFoodieDined on 26/10/2014Although Gaga herself might have opted to wear her fillets, we took the traditional approach. All staff (front desk, waiting, bar) were really friendly and professional, and the steaks were cooked perfectly. Happy days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal at Gaucho'sFoodieDined on 26/10/2014My daughter and I were going to see Lady Gaga so booked Gaucho's last minute. The staff are so professional from the minute you walk in the door they welcome you and take you to your table or the bar. The staff in the restaurant are equally as efficient we were asked if we would like water and given the menus straight away. We were told all about the different cuts of steak and were not disappointed. The meal was absolutely delicious. I can really recommend the sweet potato chips with chorizo. All the food was good. They had a cocktail menu but the waiter said if you can't see what is on there I will make you whatever you want. You cannot get better than that.Special Features:
- Too crowdedSmiley14Dined on 25/10/2014Although the food and service were amazing I was so disappointed at how packed in the tables were. Not only could I hear the next tables discussion but also the one that was next to that! A shame as this was meant to be an evening with my partner discussing our future plans.....everyone else got to hear them too! It was expensive and had there been more privacy then it would be acceptable but the close proximity of others diminished the overall experience.Special Features:
- Not as great as previous visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Meals with your partner aren't normally easy when you have a child. But we planned to go as we spoke to someone on the phone who assured us even though there was no kids meal she would have a meal. After arriving she was offered a main meal and I explained what I has been told. To which no one knew what I was talking about. The waitress wasent that friendly towards my child and the service was slow. Sloane square gauchos had an overall excellence which this gaucho lacked. Wouldn't returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality, but £££££robricDined on 17/10/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere, but difficult to read the menu and wine list in such low light. It would have been better to have had these (particularly the wine list and information) to study whilst having the pre-dinner cocktails. The steaks were amazing, but pricey.Special Features:
- Stylish SteakdiningdaveDined on 17/10/2014If you love a steak then you'll love Gauchos - absolutely excellent and fantastic service and ambience too. This was our second time there and we'll keep it as a special treat when we go to the O2 - as it is expensive but well worth the experience - the starters and desserts were also excellent and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal spoilt by 1 silly ruleJB2061Dined on 15/10/2014Had a fantastic meal before a show at the O2 but despite being October and 6.15pm was a fairly mild evening. We were seated on the balcony which they choose to describe as 'outside' and had outdoor heaters above several tables. I asked twice if these could be turned off as even though the heater was at the table next to us it was far too hot, we were told that they couldn't turn off individual heaters as other diners might (MIGHT) be cold. The table next to us choose not to have dessert as they were too hot and we certainly left earlier (and several glasses of wine sooner) than we intended too. Silly rule that otherwise ruined a perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicesteakandmoresteakDined on 12/10/2014We arrived early, but this was no problem for the restaurant. The decor is stylish but a little on the dark side to be honest - and the background music was less background and more foreground. So, a little more light and a little less volume please!! Very impressed with the food - good steak has become a passion for me but it is not easy to find. No such problem at Gaucho. Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable and contributed to an overall enjoyable experience. Pricing is premium, hence my view as to this being a venue for a special occasion, but you do get what you pay for. We will return...Special Features:
- Char2706Dined on 11/10/2014We were promised a secluded table on arrival was shows to a cramped table with 2 tight tables either side. We had to embarrassingly go back and wait at reception. When we finally got our table it took over 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive. But then after that everything was on fast forward they bought dipping bread and starters together As they took the starters away they put our mains down. There was no time to sit and chat it was all very rushed. Not what you want when your paying £35+ for each main mealSpecial Features:
- jennyordonezDined on 11/10/2014Went with my husband to celebrate his birthday. We just loved ... simple the best ... awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday meal at GauchosAnnaAndSteDined on 11/10/2014I took my partner recently for his 30th birthday for a meal in o2 before watching the boxing. We absolutely loved it the food was amazing good quality wine and an outstanding service. We had a waiter Victor who was great he looked after us and even went the extra mile to make a birthday wish for my partner with cake and complimentary glass of wine each. It made it feel that extra special and would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho O2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food venue, especially pre concert/show at o2. Food is of a rather high standard, however, not high enough for the prices they warrent. Service is extremely tentative, but maybe a little too much, I was still eating when they took my husbands plate awa. This not only felt rather rude but also made me feel I had to rush. I know they have a high turn around, but as soon as you sit down to eat you feel you need to order asap and leave so they can fill the table again. Having said this, the staff were lovely and I would return again, but maybe not at the o2 unless I wanted to eat great quality food in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014They pack people into Gaucho O2 because they only have a small window to sell. This means they have all their diners arriving at once and they just don't have enough staff to cope. We waited a long time to get a drink when we sat down and then waited an age to have our order taken. Took ages for the starter to come only for the Manager to apologise for the wait and to inform us that our food was next to come out of the kitchen. When the food arrived it was our main course and not our starters! The table next to us had been give our starters in error and they had eaten it none the wiser. The restaurant went into complete meltdown with the Manager and waiter not knowing what to do. Terrible restaurant, terrible service. Don't go there !