The O2, Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DXNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02088587711
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Gaucho we pride ourselves on the basic philosophy of provenance. To us this means authenticity, assurance and rigorous attention to obtain the finest quality ingredients at source. This dedication ensures that every time you visit us, you experience the true essence of Argentine life. Its food, its wine, its culture and importantly the passion of the people.
- Private Party Facilities: Concert Menu entertaining package: Guests who book the private dining room for 18-24 guests will also get access to the Private VIP Hospitality Suite overlooking The O2 arena front stage.
- Private Party Contact: Lulie Murray 02088587711
- Special Events: Please refer to The O2 website - www.TheO2.co.uk for a full listing of forthcoming shows in the O2 Arena as well as Indigo2 and all exhibition details.
A word from Gaucho O2
This haven, spread over three floors features, a 100 cover cocktail lounge with a luxurious sunken seating area, a 136 cover restaurant adjoined by a balcony restaurant which overlooks the bustling crowds entering the arena, and a unique, flexible event space which can accommodate after show parties and bespoke dining for parties of 8 up to 150. Continuing to evolve our offering, Gaucho boasts a wine tasting boutique that can accommodate up to 12 guests, an 24 cover Private Dining Room, and a 24 cover VIP suite inside the main arena with spectacular views of the shows. All floors feature the signature cowhide and crystal chandelier design elements that create Gaucho’s unique Buenos Aires inspired sense of opulence and luxury, and are available for corporate experiences and exclusive hire. Our events management team are on hand to design tasting experiences and arena suite dinner events according to your individual needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Gaucho O2 - Best restaurants in Greenwich ›
Gaucho O2 reviews from OpenTable diners
561 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (362)pre/post theatre (243)romance (231)fit for foodies (183)business meals (172)group bookings (138)disabled access (34)sunday lunch (27)outstanding value (20)child friendly (14)brunch (9)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/9/2014Comfortable and relaxed atmsophere nice decoration and mood setting within, Staff are friendly and welcoming- well informed of dishes & knowlegde of the menu!! Prices are high, however the food did not dissapoint !! so paying the extra on a special occassion is worth it in regard to service & the food experience of the restaurant highly reccomned !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SpotJ2DRDined on 12/9/2014If you want to take your partner somewhere special for the evening. This is the best place to consider. Waiter calls you by name (if you've pre-booked), its nice and quiet, and best of all the food is amazing. I wouldn't pass this place up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Restaurantmanlikekwez4Dined on 10/9/2014I was initially worried about the value for money factor, but once I got to Gaucho's and saw how it looked I knew it was worth what we'd be paying. Steak advice was outstanding from our waitress Rebecca; steak itself was even better. Definitely will eat there again, but probably try and make it special or big occasions as otherwise the novelty will waneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and classyFood4mysoulDined on 9/9/2014Very nice experience , however very pricey . Excellent ambience but the food was nothing special,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Brilliant restaurant. The finest steak you can get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarDiner2014Dined on 6/9/2014Would definitely recommend - amazing food!! Fantastic service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 6/9/2014Food and service excellent (although a little pricey) - the steak was amazing. It would be nice if the meals included some vegetables. Additional cost for all vegetables, potatoes etc. Our waiter was very attentive and helped to make the surprise birthday lunch for my Dad memorable - including bringing out a cheese board with candle!!Lunch time lacked atmosphere a little - there were only 2 tables - us and one other table. But fine for us as we had 2 young children with us. Would recommend for evening dining!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerStephenJosephDined on 30/8/2014Nice but not amazing, This is my second visit to Gaucho, the first was in London. My opinion is the same, they trade off the ambiance and show more so than the food. The steaks are of a good quality and the meat board is a nice touch however my wife's steak was not cooked as she ordered it and it has to be returned, the lady sitting next to us had the same issue, I guess the chef is so busy that they just get them out, not really acceptable at this price range. I appreciate that this is a steak restaurant however you can fine dine at this price and so the service is not really up to scratch either, I would go to Gaucho again but not in a hurry, for me there are far better steak restaurants with atmosphere try STK on the StrandSpecial Features:
- Disappointing for once...MarzipanDined on 30/8/2014Despite previous excellent visits to other Gauchos this time it just failed on several counts... • A chipped water glass which when removed came back empty having just paid for a bottle of water to fill it! • cold steak and vegetables • 3 side orders of chips when only ordered 2 • 2 sauces when ordered 3 • having ordered medium to well done steak it was very definitely medium rare and had to be sent back... Staff were attentive when issues were raised but overall we were highly disappointed with our experience that night. We won't be rushing back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014From the moment you get through the door the service is amazing, the staff are friendly, they know the food and explain the cuts of beef they offer really well with recommendations on how to have it cooked. They even cleared the crums from the table in between courses! All in all beautiful food, beautiful service, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!CharxoDined on 22/8/2014Food is amazing and the restaurant is beautiful. It is pricey however that was to be expected. Alcoholic drinks are very expensive and also the water they bring out and serve you and add it to your bill on the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!Sam26Dined on 20/8/2014One word - Steak! If you are a cow muncher who loves a good quality 'steak' out then get yourself to gauchos! Best steak, full of flavour, amazing decor, can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014Lovely staff, gorgeous food, very beautiful decor and overall a fantastic place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak experience but priceyWooderDined on 14/8/2014I have been to the O2 restaurant on a number of occasions but not in the last 12 months and after a very enjoyable meal where the attention of the staff was first rate I was somewhat shocked when I received the bill. We were a party of 4. We each had a starter followed by a 300gm steak and shared 2 mixed salads and 2 chips. We had an aperatife before dinner and a bottle of house red with our steaks. We had no dessert or coffee and the bill was £250! I really like the whole Gaucho thing but £250 for a family of 4 for essential a steak, albeit a well cooked and presented steak with chips and salad is in my view ridiculous. I will return again but on someone else's expense account!Special Features:
- Good food & serviceRogerxDined on 12/8/2014Great food, great service. Argentine steaks are simply the best, and this is a great example.Special Features:
- Best steaks!TurkdelightDined on 10/8/2014I have been to Gaucho a few times and they never fail to disappoint. The service is good and the food is amazing. Steaks are so tender and cooked to perfection. The decor gives a modern, romantic feel and is ideal for any special occasion or for just an evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The food was very good. Our waiter was so helpful and friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- scotty67Dined on 2/8/2014was very good, food was fantastic and the staff were very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo GauchowesthamsteveDined on 1/8/2014we went to Gaucho before seeing a show at the 02. the customer service from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was exceptional, even though it was early evening. Our Waiter was friendly , knowledgeable and perfectly attentive , but not over attentive. His help in selecting the correct cut of meat was very helpful and a great glass of Malbec was fantastic. I had the Crab to start my wife the scallops, we both had a marinated steak my wife a sirloin and I had the rib eye food was excellent. not the cheapest in town but worth the money will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Overpriced chainFoodieDined on 1/8/2014Cocktails had HARDLEY any alcohol in them. The wine at the table was good but very costly. Instead of letting you peruse the menu and check out prices the staff put you on the spot with the cuts of meat offered at the table. They dont actively tell you the price they purposely pushed the strip fillet with marinade at 49.50 a pop. Disgusting that all extras veg etc is charged for and not included in the meal. My husband asked for his steak rare and it came medium he was too nice to complain. I said it when I visited Canary Wharf Gaucho that I am never going back again but I mean it this time especially when the bill came to £400 for 5 people who sat at the table for 1 hour. One saving grace was there was no pumped up service charge added
- wow!LukeyDined on 25/7/2014What a fantastic experience The food was superb but what really made it was the staff team. Made us feel really special. This is a fantastic treat and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/7/2014Went to Gaucho for a celebratory meal. We were not disappointed. Not suitable for vegetarians though. One of our party was a veggie, although the pasta meal she had was fantastic, showing raw meat at the table and cow hides on the seats and walls made her quite uncomfortable. The food was great. No complaints. However, the wines are very pricey. We had drank lots of champagne prior to our visit so did not want any more alcohol, but you are only offered wine. When we asked we were told "off menu" we could have lemonade or coke £3.25 a glass, juice or tap water. No starters, just main meals and deserts, no alcohol and the bill was £210 for 5 people.Special Features:
- MarkMSN1Dined on 20/7/2014Fabulous food as always at Gaucho. I had not been to the O2 Gaucho previously but it certainly met my expectations. Fantastic atmosphere, lively but not too loud and steaks to die for. The young waiter we had was attentive but not in your face and made sure our bill came in time so we were not late for the show - well done Gaucho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mood musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 20/7/2014we found the piped music didn't reflect the age of the diners.Special Features:
- GoodMazzDined on 19/7/2014I have eaten at Goucho's on many an occasion but found that on this one the plates were cold and the quality of the size orders were poor. It has not put me off returning as the meat was amazing and the cocktails very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave enough timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/7/2014Booking at 1800 for a show starting at 1930 meant the meal was fraught. We were not seated until nearly 1825 which meant no time for starter or bottle of wine. When it came to paying the drinks we had in the bar were not included and, being honest, once this was pointed out the bill disappeared again so that by the time we left it was 1925 for a show that we knew started promptly at 1930Special Features:
- Request to not be on balconyNessDined on 19/7/2014unfortunately it was very busy when we visited and we were unlucky to be seated outside on the balcony. It was also very hot and there is no air conditioning outside. Due to how busy it was service was very slow, it took 20m to get a bottle of water. The food was great but it was disappointing to be paying a premium for the amazing ambiance of Gaucho but sitting on a plain area outside around the corner from all the action. We should at least have been offered our water for free due to the heat.
- Great Food Shocking ServiceevilCDined on 19/7/2014Welcome a mess; getting to table delayed; room so dark you can't see the menu; water quick; no bread until after the appetisers; wine took 35 minutes to come; main course came but no cutlery and stuck thumb in sauce while slightly dropping it and said 'phew nearly dropped that'; manager called over asked for cutlery which they got, but no apology just a 'nothing we can do we are very busy' - our section was not full; left no tip for first time in about 12 years.Special Features:
- Great meat!MontyPythonFanDined on 19/7/2014This restuarant did not fail impress. Had not been there before but love steak so was hoping for the best based on some other good reviews I had seen. We had an amazing meal with great staff. Will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTomina73Dined on 19/7/2014We decided to have a late lunch before a show and had heard that Gaucho was a decent place. We loved it. Friendly and efficient staff, really good food at what we considered to be excellent value for London and a formal but relaxed atmosphere. We eat out a lot and if you are looking for some very nice food, a good wine list and a belter of a cocktail then try Gaucho. We think it's ace, you might too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableLadyLDined on 18/7/2014Fillet steak was devine, melt in your mouth. Just a shame of the couple next to us talking rather loudly which was annoying - perhaps a bit more space between the tables.Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/7/2014Food was outstanding along with a fantastic service. The restaurant was lovely, however did find it to be rather noisy, but this was probably to do with the time we ate, pre show at the O2. Also found the tables to be on top of each other, felt diners were packed in, which made it difficult to have a decent conversation on top of the noise! The restaurant is fantastically located for events at the O2 ,but you do need to book! Defiantly would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itJPcpDined on 18/7/2014Visited O2 restaurant before Monty Python on 18 July - over cooked prawns, tasteless salad accompanying the prawns, burnt chips and sweet potatoes and cocktail poured over me. Obviously unable to cope with pre show dinner, despite bringing in additional staff from other restaurants.Special Features:
- Garish and music far too loudMattBradsyDined on 18/7/2014Whilst the food was good, our whole experience was affected by the excessively loud background music. I flagged this up with the manager, who came over and said she would turn down, but she did not turn it down, it remained the same level. I would rather she have said that she was unable to turn it down due to gaucho company policy than lying to us. Very disappointing as we couldn't hear ourselves talk. The food was good.
- foodgloriousfoodDined on 18/7/2014Excellent steak. Would like more starter options great meal and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good steakGraeme633Dined on 18/7/2014Third time at Gauchos, second time at this one (O2) and all three meals were excellent. Good steak, good wine (extensive choice, even if all Argentinian, with good advice) and service to match. Not one to rush, even pre-show. We left two hours for dinner, before Monty Python and that was just right. Bit pricy but you do tend to get what you pay for...Special Features:
- Excellent steaks but you pay for itGingaDined on 18/7/2014Well known for their steaks, unsurprisingly Gaucho does not disappoint. Staff we're very friendly and attentive, without being invasive. Good dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent steak, drinks too priceyBlobDined on 16/7/2014The steak here is truly excellent, and the prices for the food are not unreasonable for the quality. The side dishes are very good, well cooked and prepared. The overall dining experience is very pleasant, though certainly not romantic or cosy (neither of which we wanted, but some people might). The service was attentive and efficient. My only real quibble is the cost of drinks - both wine and beer - which I would suggest is about 50% more than I would expect in this level of restaurant.Special Features:
- Gaucho 02PepsidogDined on 15/7/2014Excellent service and good choice of food on menu. Steak is excellent and highly recommend. For us best restaurant in 02 arena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FactorybijanyoungDined on 15/7/2014Machine like process. Mistakes in taking orders and delivering food. Crammed and very busy pre theatre...Special Features: