The O2, Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DXNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02088587711
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Gaucho we pride ourselves on the basic philosophy of provenance. To us this means authenticity, assurance and rigorous attention to obtain the finest quality ingredients at source. This dedication ensures that every time you visit us, you experience the true essence of Argentine life. Its food, its wine, its culture and importantly the passion of the people.
- Private Party Facilities: Concert Menu entertaining package: Guests who book the private dining room for 18-24 guests will also get access to the Private VIP Hospitality Suite overlooking The O2 arena front stage.
- Private Party Contact: Lulie Murray 02088587711
- Special Events: Please refer to The O2 website - www.TheO2.co.uk for a full listing of forthcoming shows in the O2 Arena as well as Indigo2 and all exhibition details.
A word from Gaucho O2
This haven, spread over three floors features, a 100 cover cocktail lounge with a luxurious sunken seating area, a 136 cover restaurant adjoined by a balcony restaurant which overlooks the bustling crowds entering the arena, and a unique, flexible event space which can accommodate after show parties and bespoke dining for parties of 8 up to 150. Continuing to evolve our offering, Gaucho boasts a wine tasting boutique that can accommodate up to 12 guests, an 24 cover Private Dining Room, and a 24 cover VIP suite inside the main arena with spectacular views of the shows. All floors feature the signature cowhide and crystal chandelier design elements that create Gaucho’s unique Buenos Aires inspired sense of opulence and luxury, and are available for corporate experiences and exclusive hire. Our events management team are on hand to design tasting experiences and arena suite dinner events according to your individual needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gaucho O2 - Best restaurants in Greenwich ›
Gaucho O2 reviews from OpenTable diners
552 reviews since 30 October 2013
special occasions (375)romance (236)pre/post theatre (235)business meals (177)fit for foodies (169)group bookings (127)disabled access (31)sunday lunch (24)outstanding value (20)child friendly (15)brunch (12)outdoor eating (6)good vegetarian options (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 28/10/2014Fantastic steak and exciting wines- we had a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Stunning steakAndyHDined on 26/10/2014Always delivers on the meat. Amazing flavour. We we're let down with cold plates, which meant that all the mains and sides got cold very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Gaga steakFrequentFoodieDined on 26/10/2014Although Gaga herself might have opted to wear her fillets, we took the traditional approach. All staff (front desk, waiting, bar) were really friendly and professional, and the steaks were cooked perfectly. Happy days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal at Gaucho'sFoodieDined on 26/10/2014My daughter and I were going to see Lady Gaga so booked Gaucho's last minute. The staff are so professional from the minute you walk in the door they welcome you and take you to your table or the bar. The staff in the restaurant are equally as efficient we were asked if we would like water and given the menus straight away. We were told all about the different cuts of steak and were not disappointed. The meal was absolutely delicious. I can really recommend the sweet potato chips with chorizo. All the food was good. They had a cocktail menu but the waiter said if you can't see what is on there I will make you whatever you want. You cannot get better than that.Special Features:
- Too crowdedSmiley14Dined on 25/10/2014Although the food and service were amazing I was so disappointed at how packed in the tables were. Not only could I hear the next tables discussion but also the one that was next to that! A shame as this was meant to be an evening with my partner discussing our future plans.....everyone else got to hear them too! It was expensive and had there been more privacy then it would be acceptable but the close proximity of others diminished the overall experience.Special Features:
- Not as great as previous visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Meals with your partner aren't normally easy when you have a child. But we planned to go as we spoke to someone on the phone who assured us even though there was no kids meal she would have a meal. After arriving she was offered a main meal and I explained what I has been told. To which no one knew what I was talking about. The waitress wasent that friendly towards my child and the service was slow. Sloane square gauchos had an overall excellence which this gaucho lacked. Wouldn't returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality, but £££££robricDined on 17/10/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere, but difficult to read the menu and wine list in such low light. It would have been better to have had these (particularly the wine list and information) to study whilst having the pre-dinner cocktails. The steaks were amazing, but pricey.Special Features:
- Stylish SteakdiningdaveDined on 17/10/2014If you love a steak then you'll love Gauchos - absolutely excellent and fantastic service and ambience too. This was our second time there and we'll keep it as a special treat when we go to the O2 - as it is expensive but well worth the experience - the starters and desserts were also excellent and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal spoilt by 1 silly ruleJB2061Dined on 15/10/2014Had a fantastic meal before a show at the O2 but despite being October and 6.15pm was a fairly mild evening. We were seated on the balcony which they choose to describe as 'outside' and had outdoor heaters above several tables. I asked twice if these could be turned off as even though the heater was at the table next to us it was far too hot, we were told that they couldn't turn off individual heaters as other diners might (MIGHT) be cold. The table next to us choose not to have dessert as they were too hot and we certainly left earlier (and several glasses of wine sooner) than we intended too. Silly rule that otherwise ruined a perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicesteakandmoresteakDined on 12/10/2014We arrived early, but this was no problem for the restaurant. The decor is stylish but a little on the dark side to be honest - and the background music was less background and more foreground. So, a little more light and a little less volume please!! Very impressed with the food - good steak has become a passion for me but it is not easy to find. No such problem at Gaucho. Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable and contributed to an overall enjoyable experience. Pricing is premium, hence my view as to this being a venue for a special occasion, but you do get what you pay for. We will return...Special Features:
- Char2706Dined on 11/10/2014We were promised a secluded table on arrival was shows to a cramped table with 2 tight tables either side. We had to embarrassingly go back and wait at reception. When we finally got our table it took over 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive. But then after that everything was on fast forward they bought dipping bread and starters together As they took the starters away they put our mains down. There was no time to sit and chat it was all very rushed. Not what you want when your paying £35+ for each main mealSpecial Features:
- jennyordonezDined on 11/10/2014Went with my husband to celebrate his birthday. We just loved ... simple the best ... awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday meal at GauchosAnnaAndSteDined on 11/10/2014I took my partner recently for his 30th birthday for a meal in o2 before watching the boxing. We absolutely loved it the food was amazing good quality wine and an outstanding service. We had a waiter Victor who was great he looked after us and even went the extra mile to make a birthday wish for my partner with cake and complimentary glass of wine each. It made it feel that extra special and would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho O2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food venue, especially pre concert/show at o2. Food is of a rather high standard, however, not high enough for the prices they warrent. Service is extremely tentative, but maybe a little too much, I was still eating when they took my husbands plate awa. This not only felt rather rude but also made me feel I had to rush. I know they have a high turn around, but as soon as you sit down to eat you feel you need to order asap and leave so they can fill the table again. Having said this, the staff were lovely and I would return again, but maybe not at the o2 unless I wanted to eat great quality food in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014They pack people into Gaucho O2 because they only have a small window to sell. This means they have all their diners arriving at once and they just don't have enough staff to cope. We waited a long time to get a drink when we sat down and then waited an age to have our order taken. Took ages for the starter to come only for the Manager to apologise for the wait and to inform us that our food was next to come out of the kitchen. When the food arrived it was our main course and not our starters! The table next to us had been give our starters in error and they had eaten it none the wiser. The restaurant went into complete meltdown with the Manager and waiter not knowing what to do. Terrible restaurant, terrible service. Don't go there !
- Disappointing birthday dinnerMsheartDined on 9/10/2014Slow service we waited 25mins for drinks 1 hr for food that was cold.. It was so disappointing.
- Bit of a shameSpudgunDined on 9/10/2014We went to Gaucho before a concert, and all was going swimmingly to begin with. We were shown to our tables, our orders were quickly taken, our food and wine arrived promptly, the steak was divine. Then, we were offered dessert menu's and asked for another bottle of wine. 30 minutes later, despite asking passing waiters/waitresses, still no wine, still no dessert order taken, we just sat there, no drinks, scratching our heads, we couldnt even complain at the front desk such was the queue. Shame as it tarnished what would have otherwise been a great experience. They did refund us for the first bottle of wine to say sorry but still expect much better service for the price
- Excellent meal-outstanding service!ManchesterDocDined on 9/10/2014From the moment we arrived to when we left we received excellent service. The menu was explained to us and the staff were very accommodating. Had a lovely meal and was very romantic with the ambiance in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual.RumRacinDined on 6/10/2014Have been to the O2 location and the Fitzrovia location and both have been stellar both in terms of service and food. Can't go wrong with Gaucho!Special Features:
- 21st Birthday CelebrationChandelisious7Dined on 5/10/2014Very impressed with the restaurant and service. The restaurant is decorated to a very high standard and the chandeliers are to die for. I received a phone call on the morning of our booking to confirm our table reservation. We were greeted at the door by a very professional member of staff. All staff were very polite and our waiter for the afternoon explained all the different cuts of meat and explained anything we did not understand on the menu. Although we did not arrange anything with the restaurant for the birthday girl she was presented with a desert platter with the inscription 'happy birthday' written in chocolate on the plate - nice touch. I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Lusia82Dined on 4/10/2014Gaucho have exceeded my expectations! I have put a small guest's request for a celebratory meal for myself and my partner and was left in tears of happiness lol when Gaucho went beyond what I asked for and presented us with something spectacular! My partner was gob smacked! I loved every minute of our experience! The rump steak was melting in mouth and melbec wine was fab too! Will be coming back! Thanks a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fastfoodie24Dined on 4/10/2014found the restaurant a bit dark to read the menu and although service was good i cant stand waiters keeping topping up my glass. They never consider if you are driving a car and may put you over the limit. It was a bit rushed in my opinion and i wouldnt go to that particular one at the 02 again. too quick to clear the table and more like a fast food restaurantSpecial Features:
- BusheyPaulDined on 2/10/2014I heard a few good reviews from friends regarding Gaucho's and I can honestly say that it excelled my expectation. For the steak lover, you really need to go! The experience was impressive from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEmeraldpageyDined on 2/10/2014Brought family here having tried it with husband previously. Yet again the service was excellent and food superb! Wines delicious. Yet to try a dessert as always too full to try one! Had a table booked for 2pm. Quiet at this time but it didn't distract from our enjoyment and it soon got busier. My only quibble is the loo cubicles are far too dark!!Special Features:
- O2TheDonDined on 1/10/2014The location for the O2 is excellent service was great and the steaks were fantastic; we sat on the balcony over looking the entrance with gt viewSpecial Features:
- Gaucho O2VIBEDined on 29/9/2014not visited this particular restaurant before.The food at Gaucho as always was good- steak tasty. However even though I made clear it was my husbands birthday ( he got a 'happy birthday' from check in person ) but table we were given was on balcony and was used either side of us as walkway to tables. Bit hard to relax when have to keep feet under the small table otherwise server may trip up. Just bit disappointed particularly due to occasion and the money it cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKingyDined on 27/9/2014Food excellent. Great service from the bar staff to our waitress. Disappointed in cost of soft drinks £3.25 for a lime & soda. And £4.50 for small bottle of water
- Gaucho - Pre O2 visit.MartinEDined on 27/9/2014I booked for six of us to visit Gaucho O2 prior to seeing Lee Evans. I have eaten at Gaucho restaurants several times previously but not here and was hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed...........I wasn't!!! What a fabulous evening it was, we were really looked after in every way, the staff were very attentive even though the restaurant looked full. The food was excellent, the steaks couldn't have been any better. All the family commented......made my wife and I feel great for taking them there. We will eat here again, thoroughly recommended.Special Features:
- Classnoblem600Dined on 27/9/2014Great experience as always at gaucho. Food and wine top notch! Great atmosphere too. Ask for a balcony table, easily the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show evening mealNunzia17Dined on 27/9/2014Nice ambience, lighting quite dark in places, food very good although pricey, service was slow at times. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2 and Gaucho o2GandCreviewsDined on 26/9/2014I took my partner for a romantic dinner. She lived the ambience the food, the service, and particularly the wine. The only downside is the price which only makes this restaurant affordable for special occasions only.Special Features:
- Expensive/comfort !!!fleccedDined on 26/9/2014I found the wine list very expensive , also the food ! Nice steaks but have had better and cheaper . Lastly the seating is very uncomfortable, to low to the ground and the group next to us mentioned the same , would have enjoyed the meal more if comfortable.Special Features:
- Gaucho O2love2eatDined on 26/9/2014Lovely meal, but quite slow service and as it was so busy you do get forgotten about. It is expensive, so unless you plan to spend a lot before a show or concert at the 02 be prepared for a hefty bill at the end.Special Features:
- Best steaks in londonMassimoPavoneDined on 25/9/2014I honestly see Gaucho as one of the best restaurants for steaks in London, I would totally recommend it for special occasions or to look good for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B'DAY TREATsteak2dieDined on 25/9/2014Not perfect for our ist visit My husband's .Ist steak was tough,was sent back 2nd steak came back rare,when we asked for medium, 3rd steak cooked to perfection was beautiful.Starter of crab was watery, looks frozen and salad limp.This was my b'day treat and Lee Evans.we were charged for a spinach dish we did not have ,and a extra beer which we did not order.This was rectify by the staff. ALTHOUGH A BIT DISAPPOINTED,WILL VISIT FOR A GOOD STEAK.Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/9/2014Lovely food but the great service was unfortunately let down when they forgot to do my 3 year olds sausage and chips and it didn't come out until we had nearly finished our mainsSpecial Features:
- Lovely pre show eveningQuinzenVIPDined on 18/9/2014We think this is the nicest spot at the O2 for drinks and dining, streets ahead of any other dining venue. Lovely cocktails, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/9/2014Comfortable and relaxed atmsophere nice decoration and mood setting within, Staff are friendly and welcoming- well informed of dishes & knowlegde of the menu!! Prices are high, however the food did not dissapoint !! so paying the extra on a special occassion is worth it in regard to service & the food experience of the restaurant highly reccomned !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SpotJ2DRDined on 12/9/2014If you want to take your partner somewhere special for the evening. This is the best place to consider. Waiter calls you by name (if you've pre-booked), its nice and quiet, and best of all the food is amazing. I wouldn't pass this place up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Restaurantmanlikekwez4Dined on 10/9/2014I was initially worried about the value for money factor, but once I got to Gaucho's and saw how it looked I knew it was worth what we'd be paying. Steak advice was outstanding from our waitress Rebecca; steak itself was even better. Definitely will eat there again, but probably try and make it special or big occasions as otherwise the novelty will waneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.