Richmond, TW10 6UJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 8948 4030
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a party up to 14 people, Monday to Thursday in a semi-private area.
Weekend maximum party size is 8 people, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Private Party Contact: Rosie Hallum 02089484030
- Special Events: SUMMER COCKTAIL SCHOOL
This summer, join Gaucho Richmond’s exclusive riverside summer cocktail school. Over the course of six weeks we will be covering everything from the very basics of cocktail making to the incredible stories behind your favourite cocktails. Culminating in a champagne finale and ‘mix-off’ (where you can put your skills to the test against other students), you will graduate with an in-depth understanding of cocktails, and a skill you will be able to impress with time and time again.
£35 per class, or £195 for the course of six
For more information contact Sophie on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tueday 14th June, Tuesday 28th June, Tuesday 12th July, Tuesday 26th July, Tuesday 9th August, Tuesday 26th August
A word from Gaucho Richmond
A short walk along the Towpath brings you to a terrace where you can relax and enjoy al fresco dining. Inside an elegant cocktail bar with sophisticated ambience and further seating for indoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
Gaucho Richmond - Best restaurants in Richmond ›
Gaucho Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
422 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (317)romance (216)outdoor eating (189)business meals (141)fit for foodies (138)sunday lunch (63)group bookings (62)brunch (25)pre/post theatre (20)child friendly (12)outstanding value (11)disabled access (11)afternoon tea (4)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- Great Restraurant - Amazing ServiceCaroline1979Dined on 22/11/2014We booked the restaurant for a friends birthday, after talking about going for many years. I started on the booking it was a special occasion and they couldn't do more for us. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before the game.RuggersteveDined on 22/11/2014My wife and I had a lovely meal before the England game. The food was excellent with the steak quality being first class. Service was wonderful and very attentive. The position of the restaurant was perfect and a walk to Twickenham along the river afterwards was a great way to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014It is simply unacceptable for a restaurant - having explicitly called me earlier in the day to confirm that we were coming, and turning up at the booked time - to leave us waiting for an hour for our table. Management was at best disorganised and at times chaotic. The saving grace was the food (good) and the table waiter (pleasant and reasonably efficient). A potentially good evening was turned in to an embarrassment for us as hosts.
- First visit impressed!!JojorioDined on 15/11/2014Booked a table for toe to treat my boyfriend on his birthday First impressions were very good and the place looked amazing! Food was brilliant and the service Couple of negatives though 1) The tables for 2 people are very small and we struggled to fit food and drink on the table 2) the staff are a bit too much - constantly clearing our empty glasses and side plates, even when we were still eating which was a bit off putting! 3) we had a table right near one of the tills and there was at least two or three staff just standing there chatting, which again was off putting when you are trying to have a romantic mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomew service and fabulous foodMonstaswifeyDined on 15/11/2014Table for Husbands birthday booked for 1pm on a Saturday lunchtime hat coincided with an England game at Twickenham (didn't know when booking). The best service and attention we have received for some time in the UK - just too quick as breads came out followed literally 2 minutes later by the starters with the mains delivered within 3 minutes of us finishing the starters - WAY too quick for us who wanted a leisurely romantic lunch, but we should have stated this upon ordering so possibly our fault to a certain degree. Great staff, lovely looking restaurant that even when full to the brim offered personal top class service. The food was delicious and very good price of £23 for 2 course lunch which included a steak option. Drinks and extras are a smidgen pricey but well worth it overall - we will visit again definitelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, slick serviceSpikenPamDined on 14/11/2014Very good, in common with the others in the group. Service was excellent from the description of the cuts, to the service of the food. I had to ask the waiters to allow us to pour our own wine, this is a slightly irritating custom , and presumably a technique to get you drinking quicker, and the cheapest bottle was just short of £30, this could send the bill out of control very quickly. Great location however, and overall experience was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced nandosbillyDined on 12/11/2014poor cooking a constant drip of up selling it a chain with no sole
- Cool diningWinenDineDined on 8/11/2014A restaurant to bridge the generation gap. Took my late teenagers who loved the decor and ambience and hadn't experienced the house tactic of showing you the meat cuts on a board so you can choose by pointing. Probably wouldn't take a business meal there as the music can be a little loud and the tables close together but for a family evening it was perfect.Special Features:
- Ouch!jabberwockyDined on 8/11/2014Decided to take our son to celebrate his 21st birthday. Steak is one of his favourites so thought this would be ideal. Although he enjoyed his steak, he thought his starter of scallops was by far the better course! Ironic. Generally the food was ok, maybe even good - but £215 worth of good - definitely not. The wine also, good, but not good enough to warrant a £40 charge (or a little over that). The service was adequate although we could barely hear the waitress over the noise, which meant that the little talk at the beginning explaining the different cuts of meat etc, was completely wasted. They did, however, manage to redeem themselves slightly by giving my son a small dessert with a candle in it! Probably won't dine here again.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerAli27Dined on 7/11/2014Best steak I've ever tasted, truly melt in the mouth. And the Colombian pandebonos were deliciouse. Outstanding service, staff went above and beyond and catered to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...YorkshiredinerDined on 7/11/2014Great steaks obviously but everything is ridiculously expensive. The steak comes with nothing so you have to pay extra for the sauce, chips, etc. Good knowledgeable service though possibly nudged to go for the slightly more expensive options. Desserts were limited and poor. Wines were excellent though of course not cheap. Good but no cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceMrTheMeistDined on 31/10/2014Excellent food with service to match. Too full for dessert so will simply have to go back ASAP!Special Features:
- Disappointing and expensive !SurreyLilyDined on 30/10/2014we were very disappointed by our dining experience at the Gaucho s .The service was not very professional nor friendly and the food was way below average specially considering how expensive this restaurant is .The Rib eye was tasteless and all my guests also complained of the standard of the food .wont go back there ...Special Features:
- Great steak and attentive staff.IanHDined on 30/10/2014Interesting location, just down the river bank from Richmond Bridge, great views and a deck outside for summer. Up market steak house that certainly delivered on taste. Bit pricey , but not too over the top for location and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set lunchJThaDined on 25/10/2014The meal was tasty however I was disappointed in the chicken liver parfait as the bread had not been toasted amd so the starter which tasted good was served with soggy bread The steak which I order to be cooked medium rare came well done, I waited to long for the mustard to come I didn't want to send it back as the others would have finished their meal. Disappointed that a restaurant specialising in steaks can't cook it. Not once were we asked how our meal was so we could highlight our issues. Small things which didn't need to happen because it ruined a near perfect t afternoon mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceEmu2Dined on 24/10/2014The food was great...as always. But we were totally blown away by the service. I didn't eat all of my main as one part wasn't cooked as perfectly as the rest and I was full. The host was horrified and came back a while later to offer a free desert. Also the notified that it was our wedding anniversary and gave us a free glass of bubbly. Bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family celebrationNatWatsonDined on 18/10/2014Lovely service & starters My steak was a bit chewy & shame we had to pay for water Amazing side dishes & explanation of steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly goodfoodxticDined on 18/10/2014Food was pretty good but some room for improvement. Plates were cold so steak quickly cold. Sauces for steaks were not brilliant, my pepper sauce was not peppery. The actual steaks and the fish/crab starters were very good though and great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable luncchbuffed60Dined on 18/10/2014First visit to Gaucho and will definitly return, however it would need to be for a special occasion. The food and the service were both first class, I went with my grown up son for a birthday lunch, we had a main course each, no drinks (just sparkling water), no starter, dessert or coffee, the bill was £120, it was very nice, but I would reiterate, this is a special occsion restaurant for me.Special Features:
- Only let down2eatDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant staff and food was great but the let down for me was if u drive there no parking and trying fined a place close not easy Or u got long walk for me that's the only down fall.Special Features:
- Gaucho lunchJohn1Dined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed excellent service and delicious food at lunch on Friday. Music was quite loud and a little intrusive but everything else was up to usual high standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect birthday treat!MrsBDined on 9/10/2014I took my lovely husband Simon to Gaucho in Richmond for his birthday. Great atmosphere, knowledgable staff and amazing food - steak of course! I had also requested a candle for his dessert and they also wrote happy birthday in sauce on the plate! A very classy place for an occasion, quicte pricey but good value and great quality food. Looking forward to anyother visit!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/10/2014Autumn menu is good value. Wine is still overpriced.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakSteven22Dined on 6/10/2014I have eaten here twice and both times the food and service was great. The downside is that it can be a little pricey. Worth it for a special occasion or a big meat craving. I do enjoy a good steak so I will be back!Special Features:
- Feeling blue over a raw dealMurphynhoDined on 1/10/2014The restaurant itself, located on the Thames, looks the part and oozes class with the decor and soft lighting. The food itself was only ok on the whole with the king prawn skewer starter bland, and my own medium rare rib eye steak undercooked and more blue (seared on the outside and basically raw inside) than what you would call medium rare which for rib eye is not good. My partner however, who's birthday it was, asked for the rib eye medium/well and said her's was the best beef she has ever had, which is something from a Brazilian. The waitress, Ainhoa, was simply brilliant. Attention to detail without being intrusive. When she found out it was my partner's birthday she even arranged for a special decoration and candle for the dessert.Special Features:
- Great service, as alwaysWarrenKDined on 27/9/2014Another great night here. If you like steak, you are in the right place. Great attention to detail and a great wine list.Special Features:
- Best for meat eatersYumyumDined on 27/9/2014The food was delicious but is really only for the meat eaters out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More of the same but...!!bushelDined on 26/9/2014Always enjoy Gaucho Richmond; great location, good food and service, friendly professional staff and amazing wine list, etc. All was up to normal standards. However, a particularly annoying thing has now happened several times, always on busy nights....Table for 4 at 8.45 and we turn up spot on-time. 'Table are just finishing up, would you like to wait at a table by the bar, have a drink and we will be with you asap, etc. Forty minutes later, after making a point, we are finally shown to our table, hungry!! Just not good enough. We would otherwise have been standing around. Is it bad planning or upselling of the bar? Either way it has to stop or it will be my last visit! Do they care...??Special Features:
- aardvarkDined on 26/9/2014Gaucho in Richmond is huge, and right on the river. It's a good place for a celebration, as the food is quite pricey, but there is a big choice both on the menu and for drinks. Three of our party of four had excellent cocktails (the fourth only had wine, which was good too, they asked if we wanted oaked or unoaked Chardonnay), and the service was friendly, efficient and professional. We had the 4 x steak menu -- ribeye, sirloin, fillet and rump. All were good, all tasted different, all were beautifully cooked and mostly very tender. There were many other choices; it was difficult to know what would suit us best, but the staff were helpful and brought round a board full of meat to choose from. The sides were excellent, very good salad etc.Special Features:
- Disappointing in generalClroseDined on 25/9/2014Overall a very disappointing experience. The table we were seated at was located in a very dark area of the resteraunt and we struggled to read the drinks menu. It was also very cold even though quite far from the front (open) door (it was close to the bar and kitchen) The waiters were overly attentive to the point that 4 different people frequently disturbed our conversation and overall dining experience to introduce themselves and ask if the meal was ok, the meal wasn't ok... The steaks were served on cold plates and so went cold very quickly, the cuts of meat were described as lean but were very hard to cut with a knife (no steak knives provided) and were overly chewy Given the reputation and price this was a very poor experience
- Phenomenal ExperienceJohnkas23Dined on 24/9/2014This is the second time i've dined in this particular gaucho branch and probably the 5th time in general in Gaucho. im gonna go ahead and say that this branch is probably the best if only because its situated in a great spot in richmond overlooking the river. But it would be unfair not to mention the phenomenal food (the matured fillet steak with herbs and sweet potato fries is tough combination to beat) the unbelievably good wine recommended by Alex and the overall great experience. To top it off we got some cigars prior to leaving coming indeed a great evening. In summary this gaucho has it all, a)looks, b) polite, knowledgable, high energy staff, c) awesome food, feel free to go more than once, especially if on a date.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/9/2014A special birthday meal for my son turned into an unpleasant experience. Head banging loud "house" music playing more fit for a night club. The waitress said there was nothing she could do and this was the atmosphere "they wanted". My steak was undercooked - very rare instead of medium rare. The staff did offer to redo it but my son was in the middle of his meal and it wouldn't have been right to take his meal away and start again. We were given a slice of birthday cake and two glasses of sparkling wine and the staff did try to remedy the problem but I won't be going back.
- ExceptionalDDH1Dined on 23/9/2014Lunch by the River Thames, sitting under a huge Plane tree, enjoying a delicious lunch is a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Loved it!ForfoxsakeDined on 21/9/2014A great experience as always with Gaucho. Friendly staff, a good atmosphere and outstanding steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The children loved it!ForrestTaitDined on 20/9/2014We booked on-line and requested a window seat, which the restaurant accommodated. All of the food was very well presented and delicious and the steaks were cooked exactly as we ordered. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!Rach5Dined on 20/9/2014Great food, delicious wine, perfect location, nice relaxed uninobtrusive ambience and friendly and efficient staff. Went there for lunch on Saturday with my parents and my partner. Would like to go back for an evening meal but will need to wait for a special occasion as it's not cheap (but it's worth it)Special Features:
- Great Sunday feastHarveyMDined on 14/9/2014Gaucho didn't disappoint as usual, fab steaks, great sundowners on the terrace, service was attentive, golf buggy ride at the end was a little cherry on the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manfred3Dined on 14/9/2014Unfortunate it started to rain and we had lunch inside --- half the fun, because outside it's lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meaty treat!HatsDined on 13/9/2014Love the location, the decor and the atmosphere of this restaurant, although the tables do feel quite close together... It's hard not to fill up on the bread basket, as the bread is warm and tasty! The sausage platter was soooooo good. The selection of steaks is impressive, but can be confusing, so I like that they take the time to explain them all to you if you want. My rump steak was a little bit under-cooked for what I would class as medium, but because the meat is so good, I was able to eat it. We opted out of pudding, as we were full, but enjoyed a glass or two of dessert wine instead! It was so delicious, the waitress kindly wrote the name on a card for me, so I am able to go and source my own bottle(s). A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsSteve070Dined on 12/9/2014Fantastic food, outstanding service in a great location. Pricey yes, but as the saying goes...."you get what you pay for". If you want cheap......go to a Harvester. The quality of the food is a perfect match for the high standard of service from the staff. Highly recommend this place......go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.