Richmond, TW10 6UJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02089484030
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a party up to 14 people, Monday to Thursday in a semi-private area.
Weekend maximum party size is 8 people, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Private Party Contact: Rosie Hallum 02089484030
- Special Events: SUMMER COCKTAIL SCHOOL
This summer, join Gaucho Richmond’s exclusive riverside summer cocktail school. Over the course of six weeks we will be covering everything from the very basics of cocktail making to the incredible stories behind your favourite cocktails. Culminating in a champagne finale and ‘mix-off’ (where you can put your skills to the test against other students), you will graduate with an in-depth understanding of cocktails, and a skill you will be able to impress with time and time again.
£35 per class, or £195 for the course of six
For more information contact Sophie on email@example.com
Tueday 14th June, Tuesday 28th June, Tuesday 12th July, Tuesday 26th July, Tuesday 9th August, Tuesday 26th August
A word from Gaucho Richmond
A short walk along the Towpath brings you to a terrace where you can relax and enjoy al fresco dining. Inside an elegant cocktail bar with sophisticated ambience and further seating for indoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
Gaucho Richmond - Best restaurants in Richmond ›
Gaucho Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
423 reviews since 1 November 2013
special occasions (322)romance (214)outdoor eating (192)business meals (143)fit for foodies (136)sunday lunch (68)group bookings (60)brunch (23)pre/post theatre (20)child friendly (14)disabled access (12)outstanding value (11)afternoon tea (4)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- Set lunchJThaDined on 25/10/2014The meal was tasty however I was disappointed in the chicken liver parfait as the bread had not been toasted amd so the starter which tasted good was served with soggy bread The steak which I order to be cooked medium rare came well done, I waited to long for the mustard to come I didn't want to send it back as the others would have finished their meal. Disappointed that a restaurant specialising in steaks can't cook it. Not once were we asked how our meal was so we could highlight our issues. Small things which didn't need to happen because it ruined a near perfect t afternoon mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceEmu2Dined on 24/10/2014The food was great...as always. But we were totally blown away by the service. I didn't eat all of my main as one part wasn't cooked as perfectly as the rest and I was full. The host was horrified and came back a while later to offer a free desert. Also the notified that it was our wedding anniversary and gave us a free glass of bubbly. Bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family celebrationNatWatsonDined on 18/10/2014Lovely service & starters My steak was a bit chewy & shame we had to pay for water Amazing side dishes & explanation of steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly goodfoodxticDined on 18/10/2014Food was pretty good but some room for improvement. Plates were cold so steak quickly cold. Sauces for steaks were not brilliant, my pepper sauce was not peppery. The actual steaks and the fish/crab starters were very good though and great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable luncchbuffed60Dined on 18/10/2014First visit to Gaucho and will definitly return, however it would need to be for a special occasion. The food and the service were both first class, I went with my grown up son for a birthday lunch, we had a main course each, no drinks (just sparkling water), no starter, dessert or coffee, the bill was £120, it was very nice, but I would reiterate, this is a special occsion restaurant for me.Special Features:
- Only let down2eatDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant staff and food was great but the let down for me was if u drive there no parking and trying fined a place close not easy Or u got long walk for me that's the only down fall.Special Features:
- Gaucho lunchJohn1Dined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed excellent service and delicious food at lunch on Friday. Music was quite loud and a little intrusive but everything else was up to usual high standardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect birthday treat!MrsBDined on 9/10/2014I took my lovely husband Simon to Gaucho in Richmond for his birthday. Great atmosphere, knowledgable staff and amazing food - steak of course! I had also requested a candle for his dessert and they also wrote happy birthday in sauce on the plate! A very classy place for an occasion, quicte pricey but good value and great quality food. Looking forward to anyother visit!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/10/2014Autumn menu is good value. Wine is still overpriced.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakSteven22Dined on 6/10/2014I have eaten here twice and both times the food and service was great. The downside is that it can be a little pricey. Worth it for a special occasion or a big meat craving. I do enjoy a good steak so I will be back!Special Features:
- Feeling blue over a raw dealMurphynhoDined on 1/10/2014The restaurant itself, located on the Thames, looks the part and oozes class with the decor and soft lighting. The food itself was only ok on the whole with the king prawn skewer starter bland, and my own medium rare rib eye steak undercooked and more blue (seared on the outside and basically raw inside) than what you would call medium rare which for rib eye is not good. My partner however, who's birthday it was, asked for the rib eye medium/well and said her's was the best beef she has ever had, which is something from a Brazilian. The waitress, Ainhoa, was simply brilliant. Attention to detail without being intrusive. When she found out it was my partner's birthday she even arranged for a special decoration and candle for the dessert.Special Features:
- Great service, as alwaysWarrenKDined on 27/9/2014Another great night here. If you like steak, you are in the right place. Great attention to detail and a great wine list.Special Features:
- Best for meat eatersYumyumDined on 27/9/2014The food was delicious but is really only for the meat eaters out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More of the same but...!!bushelDined on 26/9/2014Always enjoy Gaucho Richmond; great location, good food and service, friendly professional staff and amazing wine list, etc. All was up to normal standards. However, a particularly annoying thing has now happened several times, always on busy nights....Table for 4 at 8.45 and we turn up spot on-time. 'Table are just finishing up, would you like to wait at a table by the bar, have a drink and we will be with you asap, etc. Forty minutes later, after making a point, we are finally shown to our table, hungry!! Just not good enough. We would otherwise have been standing around. Is it bad planning or upselling of the bar? Either way it has to stop or it will be my last visit! Do they care...??Special Features:
- aardvarkDined on 26/9/2014Gaucho in Richmond is huge, and right on the river. It's a good place for a celebration, as the food is quite pricey, but there is a big choice both on the menu and for drinks. Three of our party of four had excellent cocktails (the fourth only had wine, which was good too, they asked if we wanted oaked or unoaked Chardonnay), and the service was friendly, efficient and professional. We had the 4 x steak menu -- ribeye, sirloin, fillet and rump. All were good, all tasted different, all were beautifully cooked and mostly very tender. There were many other choices; it was difficult to know what would suit us best, but the staff were helpful and brought round a board full of meat to choose from. The sides were excellent, very good salad etc.Special Features:
- Disappointing in generalClroseDined on 25/9/2014Overall a very disappointing experience. The table we were seated at was located in a very dark area of the resteraunt and we struggled to read the drinks menu. It was also very cold even though quite far from the front (open) door (it was close to the bar and kitchen) The waiters were overly attentive to the point that 4 different people frequently disturbed our conversation and overall dining experience to introduce themselves and ask if the meal was ok, the meal wasn't ok... The steaks were served on cold plates and so went cold very quickly, the cuts of meat were described as lean but were very hard to cut with a knife (no steak knives provided) and were overly chewy Given the reputation and price this was a very poor experience
- Phenomenal ExperienceJohnkas23Dined on 24/9/2014This is the second time i've dined in this particular gaucho branch and probably the 5th time in general in Gaucho. im gonna go ahead and say that this branch is probably the best if only because its situated in a great spot in richmond overlooking the river. But it would be unfair not to mention the phenomenal food (the matured fillet steak with herbs and sweet potato fries is tough combination to beat) the unbelievably good wine recommended by Alex and the overall great experience. To top it off we got some cigars prior to leaving coming indeed a great evening. In summary this gaucho has it all, a)looks, b) polite, knowledgable, high energy staff, c) awesome food, feel free to go more than once, especially if on a date.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/9/2014A special birthday meal for my son turned into an unpleasant experience. Head banging loud "house" music playing more fit for a night club. The waitress said there was nothing she could do and this was the atmosphere "they wanted". My steak was undercooked - very rare instead of medium rare. The staff did offer to redo it but my son was in the middle of his meal and it wouldn't have been right to take his meal away and start again. We were given a slice of birthday cake and two glasses of sparkling wine and the staff did try to remedy the problem but I won't be going back.
- ExceptionalDDH1Dined on 23/9/2014Lunch by the River Thames, sitting under a huge Plane tree, enjoying a delicious lunch is a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Loved it!ForfoxsakeDined on 21/9/2014A great experience as always with Gaucho. Friendly staff, a good atmosphere and outstanding steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The children loved it!ForrestTaitDined on 20/9/2014We booked on-line and requested a window seat, which the restaurant accommodated. All of the food was very well presented and delicious and the steaks were cooked exactly as we ordered. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!Rach5Dined on 20/9/2014Great food, delicious wine, perfect location, nice relaxed uninobtrusive ambience and friendly and efficient staff. Went there for lunch on Saturday with my parents and my partner. Would like to go back for an evening meal but will need to wait for a special occasion as it's not cheap (but it's worth it)Special Features:
- Great Sunday feastHarveyMDined on 14/9/2014Gaucho didn't disappoint as usual, fab steaks, great sundowners on the terrace, service was attentive, golf buggy ride at the end was a little cherry on the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manfred3Dined on 14/9/2014Unfortunate it started to rain and we had lunch inside --- half the fun, because outside it's lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meaty treat!HatsDined on 13/9/2014Love the location, the decor and the atmosphere of this restaurant, although the tables do feel quite close together... It's hard not to fill up on the bread basket, as the bread is warm and tasty! The sausage platter was soooooo good. The selection of steaks is impressive, but can be confusing, so I like that they take the time to explain them all to you if you want. My rump steak was a little bit under-cooked for what I would class as medium, but because the meat is so good, I was able to eat it. We opted out of pudding, as we were full, but enjoyed a glass or two of dessert wine instead! It was so delicious, the waitress kindly wrote the name on a card for me, so I am able to go and source my own bottle(s). A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsSteve070Dined on 12/9/2014Fantastic food, outstanding service in a great location. Pricey yes, but as the saying goes...."you get what you pay for". If you want cheap......go to a Harvester. The quality of the food is a perfect match for the high standard of service from the staff. Highly recommend this place......go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and great foodlkett03Dined on 12/9/2014Really enjoyed visiting Gaucho Richmond for my mum's birthday lunch. The weather was fantastic so we were lucky enough to be able to sit outside by the river with a stunning view. The staff were outstanding and very attentive and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this and looking forward to try the restaurant out for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:
- A mediocre affairluvfood12Dined on 11/9/2014Having been to Hawksmoor several times i was anticipating a similar experience and hoping that you would leave knowing why you paid more for your money but it just wasn't the case. It felt as if they had tried to cram too many tables in to the space and certainly we felt we were on a main walk through. It's nice to have subdued lighting but not to the point where you can not read the menu, people around us were using the light on their phones to read the menu to their tables. The food was ok but not exceptional. I enjoyed my steak but my Partner didn't enjoy his and the chips and sides were a disappointment. I rarely write a review but just felt it was overpriced for the experience.Special Features:
- Carnivore delightSunilDined on 9/9/2014With a wine list sporting some of the greatest wines from Argentina I knew we were off to a good start. Ambience is great, the staff were attentive and accommodating. Food was delicious. I don't eat beef (but if I did I would have been spoilt for choice in cuts). Instead I had the lamb which was cooked perfectly. Only disappointment was that the lamb wasn't from Patagonia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, very expensivecarrDined on 6/9/2014Food was excellent, if somewhat overpriced. Service was really good. The music in the restaurant was far too loud (more like a club) so we ate outside.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionKgreen1180Dined on 5/9/2014Fabulous steak and delicious Malbec. The perfect venue for a romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointeddiningfor2Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to the one in South Kensington and had a fantastic experience there. Saturday evening in Richmond was like going to a nightclub. The music was like a club mix with a repettive base and i couldnt hear the waitress peak over the noise. The food did not seem as good either. Also we did not recieve Steak knives and had to specifically request for them to cut the meat. is that normal?Special Features:
- Consistently goodSchwartzVIPDined on 5/9/2014As always, great food, service and evening. Never disappoints. Started with a great cocktail outside which set up the meal nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedFrankandbevDined on 5/9/2014Booked a table in advance and had to change the time at the last minute and the resturant were very helpful and accommodating. When we arrived the staff were extremely helpful in assisting with our choice of food and wine. The food itself was absolutely first class. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Do not be put off by the price of the food or wine. It is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingeatingoutzaDined on 5/9/2014Primarily I was expecting a superb steak - the service was supremely good, the majority of the food was great, the location is just brilliant, but the steak left a lot to be desired - simply too sinewy, even for the cut.Special Features:
- Tries but sub-parBruceDined on 3/9/2014We were underwhelmed, for a £300 meal for three persons we had expected better. The positives of Gaucho Richmond include the lovely open air seating area and location, plus enthusiastic service. But the evening started on a sour note to be told I could not sit at the available table until the rest of my party had arrived - restaurant policy. Service was slow throughout the meal and the steaks ordered from the platter arrived lukewarm. Two of them were chewy, one was 25% inedible. We pointed this out to the waitress who offered to replace it. While the outside seating is an excellent option, the area is under-lit and hence difficult to see what we were eating. We have eaten at this restaurant a few times, will not hurry back I'm afraid.Special Features:
- OutstandinginesDined on 26/8/2014Outstanding as every time that we go there. It is also the favorite restaurant of our children, they just love the food. The service was impeccable. Only disadvantage of the restaurant is the high price of the food.Special Features:
- Excellent set menu lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 25/8/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch. It is a modern restaurant set immediately on the Thames towpath with excellent views of the river. It is just great fun to walk along the tow path from Richmond Bridge which is only a short distance away and in good weather to join the throngs of people enjoying the atmosphere of being near the river. Our experience for lunch was excellent. Booking is essential. The set lunch menu is very good value and well worth a visit. If you are disabled or have difficulty walking you might enquire whether the restaurant can collect you in one of the golf buggies in order to bring you to the restaurant from the tow path. We enjoyed our lunch immensely and would strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GuachoSammyFJADined on 23/8/2014Fabulous atmosphere, great staff, on point service and delicious food. I cannot wait to come back!!! xI would recommend this to a friend.
- Side dishes smallKiwiSlovakDined on 23/8/2014We had the starters, scallop Ceviche and crab dish both we're tasty even though I had small piece of crab shell in dish. Main we had the 500gm sharer sirlion with sweet potato fries and green beans. These side dishes were very small for the price. Steak was very tender but full of gristle 5 to 6 large pieces, 3/4 of the steak was lovely. I complained and they were very good, gave us free dessert. Very friendly staff, they really look after you and make you feel special. I would go back again 100% but order different steak next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.