Richmond, TW10 6UJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/
- Phone: 02089484030
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a party up to 14 people, Monday to Thursday in a semi-private area.
Weekend maximum party size is 8 people, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Private Party Contact: Rosie Hallum 02089484030
- Special Events: SUMMER COCKTAIL SCHOOL
This summer, join Gaucho Richmond’s exclusive riverside summer cocktail school. Over the course of six weeks we will be covering everything from the very basics of cocktail making to the incredible stories behind your favourite cocktails. Culminating in a champagne finale and ‘mix-off’ (where you can put your skills to the test against other students), you will graduate with an in-depth understanding of cocktails, and a skill you will be able to impress with time and time again.
£35 per class, or £195 for the course of six
For more information contact Sophie on email@example.com
Tueday 14th June, Tuesday 28th June, Tuesday 12th July, Tuesday 26th July, Tuesday 9th August, Tuesday 26th August
A word from Gaucho Richmond
A short walk along the Towpath brings you to a terrace where you can relax and enjoy al fresco dining. Inside an elegant cocktail bar with sophisticated ambience and further seating for indoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gaucho Richmond - Best restaurants in Richmond ›
Gaucho Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (318)romance (217)outdoor eating (188)business meals (144)fit for foodies (135)group bookings (62)sunday lunch (62)brunch (23)pre/post theatre (19)child friendly (14)disabled access (13)outstanding value (12)good vegetarian options (4)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Great Sunday feastHarveyMDined on 14/9/2014Gaucho didn't disappoint as usual, fab steaks, great sundowners on the terrace, service was attentive, golf buggy ride at the end was a little cherry on the topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manfred3Dined on 14/9/2014Unfortunate it started to rain and we had lunch inside --- half the fun, because outside it's lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsSteve070Dined on 12/9/2014Fantastic food, outstanding service in a great location. Pricey yes, but as the saying goes...."you get what you pay for". If you want cheap......go to a Harvester. The quality of the food is a perfect match for the high standard of service from the staff. Highly recommend this place......go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and great foodlkett03Dined on 12/9/2014Really enjoyed visiting Gaucho Richmond for my mum's birthday lunch. The weather was fantastic so we were lucky enough to be able to sit outside by the river with a stunning view. The staff were outstanding and very attentive and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this and looking forward to try the restaurant out for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:
- A mediocre affairluvfood12Dined on 11/9/2014Having been to Hawksmoor several times i was anticipating a similar experience and hoping that you would leave knowing why you paid more for your money but it just wasn't the case. It felt as if they had tried to cram too many tables in to the space and certainly we felt we were on a main walk through. It's nice to have subdued lighting but not to the point where you can not read the menu, people around us were using the light on their phones to read the menu to their tables. The food was ok but not exceptional. I enjoyed my steak but my Partner didn't enjoy his and the chips and sides were a disappointment. I rarely write a review but just felt it was overpriced for the experience.Special Features:
- Carnivore delightSunilDined on 9/9/2014With a wine list sporting some of the greatest wines from Argentina I knew we were off to a good start. Ambience is great, the staff were attentive and accommodating. Food was delicious. I don't eat beef (but if I did I would have been spoilt for choice in cuts). Instead I had the lamb which was cooked perfectly. Only disappointment was that the lamb wasn't from Patagonia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, very expensivecarrDined on 6/9/2014Food was excellent, if somewhat overpriced. Service was really good. The music in the restaurant was far too loud (more like a club) so we ate outside.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionKgreen1180Dined on 5/9/2014Fabulous steak and delicious Malbec. The perfect venue for a romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointeddiningfor2Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to the one in South Kensington and had a fantastic experience there. Saturday evening in Richmond was like going to a nightclub. The music was like a club mix with a repettive base and i couldnt hear the waitress peak over the noise. The food did not seem as good either. Also we did not recieve Steak knives and had to specifically request for them to cut the meat. is that normal?Special Features:
- Consistently goodSchwartzVIPDined on 5/9/2014As always, great food, service and evening. Never disappoints. Started with a great cocktail outside which set up the meal nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedFrankandbevDined on 5/9/2014Booked a table in advance and had to change the time at the last minute and the resturant were very helpful and accommodating. When we arrived the staff were extremely helpful in assisting with our choice of food and wine. The food itself was absolutely first class. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Do not be put off by the price of the food or wine. It is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingeatingoutzaDined on 5/9/2014Primarily I was expecting a superb steak - the service was supremely good, the majority of the food was great, the location is just brilliant, but the steak left a lot to be desired - simply too sinewy, even for the cut.Special Features:
- Tries but sub-parBruceDined on 3/9/2014We were underwhelmed, for a £300 meal for three persons we had expected better. The positives of Gaucho Richmond include the lovely open air seating area and location, plus enthusiastic service. But the evening started on a sour note to be told I could not sit at the available table until the rest of my party had arrived - restaurant policy. Service was slow throughout the meal and the steaks ordered from the platter arrived lukewarm. Two of them were chewy, one was 25% inedible. We pointed this out to the waitress who offered to replace it. While the outside seating is an excellent option, the area is under-lit and hence difficult to see what we were eating. We have eaten at this restaurant a few times, will not hurry back I'm afraid.Special Features:
- OutstandinginesDined on 26/8/2014Outstanding as every time that we go there. It is also the favorite restaurant of our children, they just love the food. The service was impeccable. Only disadvantage of the restaurant is the high price of the food.Special Features:
- Excellent set menu lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 25/8/2014We went to this restaurant for lunch. It is a modern restaurant set immediately on the Thames towpath with excellent views of the river. It is just great fun to walk along the tow path from Richmond Bridge which is only a short distance away and in good weather to join the throngs of people enjoying the atmosphere of being near the river. Our experience for lunch was excellent. Booking is essential. The set lunch menu is very good value and well worth a visit. If you are disabled or have difficulty walking you might enquire whether the restaurant can collect you in one of the golf buggies in order to bring you to the restaurant from the tow path. We enjoyed our lunch immensely and would strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GuachoSammyFJADined on 23/8/2014Fabulous atmosphere, great staff, on point service and delicious food. I cannot wait to come back!!! xI would recommend this to a friend.
- Side dishes smallKiwiSlovakDined on 23/8/2014We had the starters, scallop Ceviche and crab dish both we're tasty even though I had small piece of crab shell in dish. Main we had the 500gm sharer sirlion with sweet potato fries and green beans. These side dishes were very small for the price. Steak was very tender but full of gristle 5 to 6 large pieces, 3/4 of the steak was lovely. I complained and they were very good, gave us free dessert. Very friendly staff, they really look after you and make you feel special. I would go back again 100% but order different steak next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch...FadsieDined on 23/8/2014great food, fantastic service, good wine list and cigars too with an out side seating areaSpecial Features:
- Disappointed with experienceJacko13Dined on 22/8/2014We have eaten twice before at gauchos. This time was very disappointed with the food. My husbands steak was cold and I felt the sides portion sizes were very small. We've eaten in other steak restaurants in London which l feel are of a better standard and cheaper. That's london prices too!!! The music was very loud where we were sitting which made it hard to have a conversation. Will probably avoid Gauchos now.
- Good steakAthensDined on 22/8/2014I would not recommend for vegetarians, the steaks were excellent as you would expect but the side dishes were disappointing. the mushrooms were 3 for £5, the chips were nothing special. THe wine list was so extensive it was difficult to use and we felt cheated by the sommelier who when asked if he could recommend a good value wine , he said it would cost £30 instead it cost £39.50.Special Features:
- Yummy food, great locationGerbobDined on 16/8/2014Large variety of meat to choose from and it is delicious, would highly recommend this particular Gaucho especially on a warm sunny day so you can sit outside and watch the boats head up and down the river.Special Features:
- great food superb servicemsp1808Dined on 15/8/2014my second visit here very impressed. the service is superb, the food delicious. lovely wine. the set menu is good value although the wine is a bit on the pricey side. delicious bread basket. would not hesitate to recommend it highly. we were looked after very very well. the location is lovely right on the river thames. thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellent but avoid the skirtDavidDined on 12/8/2014A fantastic evening to celebrate my 50th birthday. Gaucho's reputation is exceptional and they did not disappoint. All I will say is that I found it strange that skirt was included as a grillable cut of beef (I thought you braised it) and found it a little chewy. Nice touch with the dessert (wrote "Happy Birthday" in chocolate sauce on the serving plate) which rounded things off perfectly. Not cheap, but nice for special occassions.Special Features:
- Overpriced steak but that's ittheFwordDined on 12/8/2014Went for a after work leaving party of 4. So happy that it was on work expenses as this place is as overpriced as it gets. Don't bother with starters as the portions are small and food was boring and bland as well as expensive. If you must visit a Gaucho in any of it's locations then just order the steak. The steak is good the only redeeming factor about the restaurant chain. The staff are friendly and beautiful and most of all very knowledgable about the menus and wine lists- The décor is cold uninviting and dark, pretty much black everywhere with white leather chairs so ugly and hard to see anything in such a warm location by the river, low lighting and club like dance music doesn't help either. Conclusion: AVOIDSpecial Features:
- made to feel special!foodluvDined on 11/8/2014It was a lovely meal for our wedding anniversary. The service was excellent. There was nothing the waitress could not do for us. It was very personal as they had decorated our dessert plate with 'happy anniversary' this was very special. A complimentary drink was offered also. Will be going back again very soon. Thank you gaucho Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakmediumrare30037Dined on 11/8/2014You wont find a better steak in London. The staff are very good, clearly well trained. The meal is not rushed, and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day...AnnaTeeDined on 10/8/2014A lovely Sunday lunch with friends.. Service was much friendlier than I expected and the food was wonderful. I am a lover of steak, but other foods were also lovely with delicate flavours. Will look forward to my next visit....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great welcome but did improveSuki75Dined on 9/8/2014We booked an outside table in May for August, for 4 adults and 2 highchairs. We arrived on time to a grumpy maître d' who advised us they were busy outside and would we be ok with an inside table. Given that we booked in May, I said no, to which we were reluctantly allocated an outside table next to the grill. Certainly not the nicest table. Fortunately the service improved drastically once we were seated at our table. The waitress, waiter and outside manager were all attentive and polite. The day was beautiful, food delicious, if a little expensive (which was expected) and our toddlers even slept after our meal, allowing us to relax a little and enjoy the view / ambience with drinks. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat loversKs709Dined on 8/8/2014Our first time in Gaucho, had great ambience and staff were friendly. Although, it was on the pricey side, as expected and there was a limited choice of main course options- not a great place for your veggie friend! Overall, we would go again because we liked the relaxed atmosphere but will save it for special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Fabulous meal for 60th birthday and family celebrationSpecial Features:
- Fierce pricingDoctorADined on 8/8/2014Good service and meat but everything had a price including £3 for a small amount of sauce. There was no impression of generosity, in spite of the high prices, our carafe of tap water (!) came with no ice or lemon and was not cold enough.Special Features:
- LunchJohn1Dined on 7/8/2014Great steaks, lovely location but getting more expensive - £106 (plus £15 tip) for two for lunch two courses, three glasses of wine between us. Means it's special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food good cocktailsAdecLordDined on 4/8/2014The crevice and steaks are excellent, the cocktails are good in a nice setting by the riverSpecial Features:
- beautiful setting for a great mealceejaykemDined on 3/8/2014I have heard mixed reviews about Gaucho over the years and finally managed to make the visit on a lovely sunday evening. I was initially surprised by how busy the restaurant was for a sunday night. We got a lovely table outside, the service was excellent, staff very confident and knowledgeable, food exceptional and given the size of my husbands steak, he needed to have a 'food pause'. The staff recognised this, came back when hubby was ready to eat again and reheated steak on the outside grill. We moved inside for the rest of the evening as it was getting chilly. All in alll a lovely dining experience. It is true, it is not a cheap night out, but we knew that before booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho RichmondSteakdatesDined on 2/8/2014Recently visited this restaurant and the food was amazing. Although a bit pricey i didn't mind as it was a one of treat for my partners birthday. Service was great and the decor was nice. Played up to date music and the atmosphere was buzzing.Special Features:
- Amazing setting, chewy steaksDavidBDined on 2/8/2014The outdoor area is fantastic for watching the evening sky turn from blue to a red hue as the sun sets behind the trees that like the riverbank. The service is fantastic. However we were let down by quality of food. I have eaten in gaucho many times before and so know what to expect. We ordered the 3 steak taster to share, but all 3 pieces of meat were disappointing. Sirloin overcooked and the skirt was incredibly chewy and tough, so much so that neither my gf or I could finish a piece so we left most if it on the plate. So if I go again I would steer clear of cheaper cuts of meatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimbobJimbobDined on 1/8/2014Great food and service and a fantastic location. The best steaks in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho Richmond dinnersirrodneymarshDined on 28/7/2014We also enjoy Gaucho. Food is excellent, service is fine and ambience is good, too. But it is expensive. Which is fine, and understood. But charging £3 for the sauces for each steak ? That is penny pinching and irritating. If I were running Gaucho I would cancel this practice immediately. Six of us dined at the Richmond restaurant this past Monday. So that is £18 for sauces. That is ridiculous.
- Special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/7/2014We went to gauchos for dinner to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. The service was excellent!! Our waitress kinka made sure our daughter had a great time, after realising my daughter didn't drink, she changed her complementary glass of champagne to a non alcoholic strawberry cocktail. She was also offered a dessert with candle and her name and happy birthday written on the plate in chocolate. A big thank you to the wonderful staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBobbyBDined on 27/7/2014We had never been to Gaucho's before, but decided to book, for a special birthday lunch. It is a lovely restaurant set beside the Thames. We had a very warm welcome when we arrived, the staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the menu, and were always around should you need them, but never intrusive. The service was prompt and efficient and food was cooked to perfection. We we go again, Definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.