89 Sloane Avenue
London, SW3 3DXNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant.php?id=sloane
- Phone: 020 7584 9901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday:12pm - 5pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm - 11pm; Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 5pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South American, Argentinean, Steak
- Executive Chef: Brett Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Gaucho Sloane
Style is definitely the order of the day for Gaucho Sloane, situated on arguably one of the coolest "Avenues" in London if not Europe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Sloane reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (152)romance (106)business meals (96)fit for foodies (63)group bookings (52)pre/post theatre (28)outstanding value (17)sunday lunch (8)outdoor eating (6)brunch (4)child friendly (4)afternoon tea (2)good vegetarian options (2)Show More
- Great food shame about the serviceSteakFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Food was as expected at Gaucho, delicious! However the waitress was extremely patronising from the moment we sat down. She insisted on trying to give us "wine education",I made it clear we weren't interested. She presumed we knew nothing about wine and kept pushing it. I would imagine most diners spending £40+ on a steak would likely know more than your average person about wines - but our waitress made us feel like we had just stepped into our local majestic wine warehouse! This discomfort was also felt by the people dining beside us who were being shown wines clearly way out of their price bracket - you could feel their discomfort! A good waitress will change her style with every diner depending on their requrements, know your customer!Special Features:
- Good but some minor thingsSubxtDined on 8/11/2014This was our third visit and as usual the food quality and table service were very good. There were a couple of points that could have made it better. During the meal you are constantly watched by different staff on every stage of your eating. We found this disconcerting as if our table was needed soon. There were many spare tables around. I like to relax and enjoy so a point to note. At the end we had some difficulty retrieving our coats which had been lost in the cloakroom. Finally, the menu needs the old 600g trip meat sampler back for 2 people, which I assume was so popular that it reduced meal prices per person. I love meat but the 1.2Kg item suits 4 but not 2. Overall Good but we are unlikely to return, preferring Tower BridgeSpecial Features:
- WowCaroDined on 1/11/2014It was amazing! Food was great service excellent! I would definitely go back there!!Special Features:
- A fantastic eveningBoonaDined on 1/11/2014Having heard a lot about this group of restaurants, we were excited to finally visit one. They didn't disappoint us, delivering what has to be the finest pieces of meat we've ever tasted. The service was attentive without imposing and the manager worked the room well, to ensure everything ran smoothly. We'll definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth itFiReDined on 1/11/2014We went to Gaucho's after watching Stomp on Saturday evening with friends. The service and food were impeccable, it's pricy but I've been before and expected it, but the food is worth the money if you can afford it. We would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meat everCLM404828Dined on 1/11/2014Spiral cut fillet was divine and loads of it, although v expensive. Lighting a bit too low for middle aged eye sight and background music a little too loud and IMHO unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comida de buena calidadHispaswissDined on 31/10/2014Conocimos a Gaucho en un viaje a Dubai.el Gaucho Sloane conserva la carne de excelente calidad, buena viniteca sin embargo rl vino deberian ofrecerlo a una buena temperatura.Buena elecciön.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014Had a selection of meats and sausages which were cooked to our liking and tasted nice but nothing to come back to. Service was outstanding but overall value for money was poor.
- Lovely birthday dinnerGauchofanDined on 24/10/2014Exactly what I expected and more. Lovely scenery. Lovely food. Had the steak. Cocktails were gorgeous. Price is so good for what you get. Steak was well explained to my table. Will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakMarkoDined on 24/10/2014Superb service, wonderfully knowledgeable staff - just slightly overcooked rib eye steak. Fantastic value for money, and side dishes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPlumbaby22VIPDined on 18/10/2014Gaucho is normally a fail safe dinner option but not this time. Food not up to standard: tough steak, over cooked sides, underwhelming desserts. Loud dated music made it feel like a 90's nightclub. Only good thing was the service front of house and the sparkly floor of the bar and loos!
- Love this placetaniDined on 3/10/2014Great restaurant and great food. Always a pleasure to go here. This time the veg and the sauce was too salty for my liking but great dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodTinyToesDined on 30/9/2014This is the best meat restaurant you can get in London- and the side dishes are amazing too. Well worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Party placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/9/2014Really good food and service, but defeneatly a party restaurant. The music was SO very loud that we couldn't have a conversation without screaming to each other. We asked them to lower the music, which they did two times, but after 10 minutes they took it back up. Unfortunately it felt really good to leave the restaurant because of this, and we are usually up for a party. We are in our early and late thirties.Special Features:
- Not happy BunniesAllantheDonDined on 27/9/2014Been to many Gaucho restaurants but this was nowhere near the standard of Food as the other venues.Special Features:
- Simply terrible experience - AGAIN!TKearneyDined on 20/9/2014Having been a huge fan of Guacho in the past, the service we had on Saturday evening was vile! Truly rubbish experience from start to finish! From waiting 1.5 hours to be seated (having booked 3 weeks before!) to having wine spilt on a guest to being asked why we didn't tip the full 12.5% - our experience was dreadful - AVOID at all costs - London has a ton of great places, this isn't on of them
- EDocErdocDined on 20/9/2014Had high hopes for a good steak and got that. Food was good but, they were out of several things early in the evening. The host staff was great, the wait staff either were short staffed or not that good (it took 20 mins to get a menu and drinks order). All that was OK. The biggest issue was the music was so loud even the staff couldn't hear, killed an otherwise nice evening. Do they want to be a restaurant or a night club? Once they figure that out it will be a better place.Special Features:
- MODERN LIFEFiresteedDined on 15/9/2014This is a suave restaurant that serves very good beef. Our server (I think her name was Anna) was charming and extremely efficient. She was operating under considerable pressure but on her own, more staff needed. Two very polite and smart young men were in evidence but presumably not waiters? The steak really is excellent, the flavour, texture, presentation were all impeccable and there is a very wide range of Malbec to choose from. Always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many ..sunnyviDined on 13/9/2014Have been to this restaurant a few times before and always enjoyed the experience but last Saturday was different. It was full, very full. The staff are normally superb maybe they were overwhelmed. Polite and apologetic but as we were not in a hurry it didn't matter to us.. but still. This pressure also affected the kitchen staff - I ordered rib-eye medallions as I wanted a small portion - they were small; and tough... my companion had no complaints about his fillet. The beans had hardly been shown water - not just crunchy, not cooked. Fries ... end of the line with lots of small burnt ones. Dining at Gaucho is not an inexpensive night out and I feel that maybe service and food were being sacrificed for volume on this occasion.
- Incredible food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 13/9/2014Visiting Gaucho made me recall how much I miss Argentinian and South Africa steak. The meat was incredible and literally melted in my mouth. The waiter was very attentive, without being intrusive, and the ambience was warm and busy. Gaucho is a busy restaurant, but that makes the experience all the more fun. It was excellent value for money considering the quality of the meat. I will return as soon as possible.
- Great evening out with friendsTatiaDined on 12/9/2014We had a great experience at Gaucho Sloane. Great food and service for a bunch of girls on a rare night out. Was not disappointed in any way at all.Special Features:
- Still outstanding!SlainyeDined on 8/9/2014Goucho Sloane is my go-to place to take special guests and friends, especially meat-lovers. The staff are professional, and always a pleasure to chat to. In fact, this time, it seems to me that the staff really added to the overall experience. One of the things I value most is their ability to recommend food items, and also good wines- please make sure this is always there. Many thanks, AdamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Staff were very welcoming and looked after us very well. The steaks were all brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodChelseagirlDined on 6/9/2014Had a wonderful evening for our anniversary food was amazing service was brilliant and the complementary glass of fizz to celebrate was greatly received very pricey but worth it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatDined on 5/9/2014We were disappointed with our experience at Gaucho this time round. First of all we were sitting at a table that had no light due to an air vent above so it was extremely difficult to see our menu. Secondly it took us forever to order our food. We asked approx. 4 different people for someone to take our order and when our waiter finally appeared he did not even apologise for the delay. There were lots of staff milling about but I am not sure who had responsibility for what. Our food, a mixture of ceviches, steaks and sausages, though expensive, was very good. The cheese bread at the beginning of the meal was delicious. The Scottish maître 'd was excellent too. Very friendly.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014For a special occasion this is the place to go as the food is outstanding and the service is fantastic. Well worth the high cost of a night out.Special Features:
- Great food and amazing servicephilparsonageDined on 26/8/2014Took my grandad and cousin here as a treat and it was great. Lovely restaurant with nice decor. Wonderful service from very helpful and happy staff. Lovely food and wine. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014I had several diner at various Gaucho and never been disappointing. Not cheap it meets expectations. The meat is very good and service friendly and efficient. Good choose of wine particularly Argentinian .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHerb1978Dined on 23/8/2014Went to Sloan square for anniversary , meal was excellent, problem with starter which was sorted out with no issuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMrswillisDined on 22/8/2014Huge fan of gaucho normally but had never been to this location before. Not busy but service erratic and slow, meat requested med-well served rare, by time replacement was given everyone had finished eating and remaining sides were cold so could not eat, didn't want desserts but was surprised with a small piece of cake with candle for husband's birthday - thought lovely gesture until we then found we had been charged for a dessert on the bill (later removed). Unlikely to return.Special Features:
- Disappointingly averageGeorgieDined on 16/8/2014This Gauchos doesn't live up to the experience you get at the O2 venue. Not guided to the bar area for a pre-dinner drink just ushered straight to our table despite being early. The music way too loud, even the waiter commented about it so no banter could be had. Starters were good. Scallops were massively overpriced at £17.50. You wouldn't expect to pay more than £10-£12. The steaks were a let down, all served lukewarm. Within 2 mins steaks had pretty much gone cold. No check by the waiter so no opportunity to get this remedied without making a big fuss. Had to ask them to point out each steak on the tasting plates as my parents had never dined at a Gauchos before. Overall it was disappointing for the £300+ bill (no desserts or coffees).
- Excellent service and food!TTTLLLDined on 9/8/2014Excellent meal which was topped off by the waiter (cannot remember his name but he was french speaking). Greeted upon arrival with friendly and smiling staff. They also took note of our request for a quieter table so we were placed nicely in the corner - top marks! Waiter came over and introduced himself, explaining where the meat and wine came from followed by him bringing out the meat for us to look at. Good recommendation of wine and it certainly helps when a waiter knows what he is talking about which our waiter was more than competent and knowledgeable. The fillet steak (lomo) and chicken were fantastically cooked. Highly recommended and the waiter made it a meal to remember! Thanks see you soon.Special Features:
- Bombarded by deafening bland noiseGourmetNoiseDined on 14/7/2014At 18.30hrs on a pleasant Monday evening the whole dining experience at Gauchos was ruined by loud, bland music being played throughout the restaurant. I asked for a quieter table but was told this is a "Night Club experience" and the music is loud everywhere - end of story. No wonder Hawksmoor was fully booked that evening and Guauchos was largely empty. The food is arguably better at Gauchos but the evening restaurant ambiance is excruciating. I will not be back.
- Far too expensiveIlovesteakDined on 10/7/2014This resteraunt has gotten far too expensive for what it is. It used to be a nice place to go for dinner but they are constantly raising the prices. £18 for 6 scallops is not a great deal.Special Features:
- Steak tastic at GauchoRBEatVIPDined on 4/7/2014Excellent meal - never a disappointment at Gaucho. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Food HeavenEmmaDined on 27/6/2014Gaucho's was recommended and did not disappoint. Service was fantastic, from explaining the different cuts of meat to side orders that would compliment what we had chosen. Two of us shared a 300g steak which was more than enough however, the deserts were to tempting to pass. We opted for the cheesecake, never tasted anything so divine. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- to loud to hearLove2eatDined on 23/6/2014The restaurant when they seat you at the restaurant bar is to loud to hear the conversation at the table. The service is awful and you spend a lot of time waiting for the waiter to take your order and service the table. The last two visits have been awful. Not going back to this one.Special Features:
- Great serviceKels03Dined on 13/6/2014Service at sloane was great. Made you feel welcome and look after. Would defiantly go back t Sloane again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceCarolinamoon39Dined on 7/6/2014Went here with my family to celebrate daughter's 30th birthday. Can't fault it at all. I had mentioned in advance that my future son in law had leg in plaster and they were fully prepared with adequate access for him and crutches. They also brought out special desert with candle for my daughter. Staff couldn't have been more attentive, food was out of this world. It's by no means cheap but you certainly get the big experience to match the big bill! Well done to all and thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We had reserved a table and were running late, a quick call to a very friendly and helpful person was enough to amend the booking. From the moment we got in and throughout the entire evening, service was top-notch and we felt very welcomed. The restaurant is very cozy and food was high quality - albeit a bit too salty to our taste. It is by no means a cheap place to dine at but you do get what you pay for.Special Features: