21 Romilly Street
London, W1D 5AFNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauthiersoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074943111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00 - 14:15
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 18:30 - 22:15
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Alexis Gauthier & Gerard Virolle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Bring the magic of Gauthier Soho to your home. Outside catering available for private cocktails or full seating diner. Enquire at the restaurant on +442074943111
A word from Gauthier Soho
Having earned a star within a year of opening Gauthier Soho, Alexis Gauthier is described by Zagat guide as "...one of the Best New French food destinations in London...". With an emphasis on vegetables in all dishes, Alexis provides a seasonal tasting menu with the best possible ingredients (British where possible) for omnivores and a vegetable option, as well as an A la Carte and lunch option. All served in a chic Soho Townhouse where the staff really make you feel special. There are also five private dining rooms for parties of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Gauthier Soho - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Gauthier Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (353)fit for foodies (285)romance (284)business meals (159)good vegetarian options (130)outstanding value (106)pre/post theatre (77)sunday lunch (30)group bookings (25)brunch (18)afternoon tea (5)outdoor eating (4)child friendly (3)disabled access (3)Show More
- stunning foodBigColDined on 28/10/2014lovely quiet restaurant with the most subtle of entrances - exceptional food, good reasonable wine list and friendly attentive staff - expensive but good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White trufflevonBalhamDined on 28/10/2014Top notch dining experience. Great service: polished but not pompous. Has a 'secret find' feel about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic restaurantEpicFoodie91Dined on 25/10/2014Very nice ambience to the place, had better food for less from other places before. Service from waiters was top class and would not expect less from an establishment like this. Over all good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceOmnivore75Dined on 24/10/2014Went here on a friend's recommendation and would highly recommend it. Tried the vegetable tasting menu and enjoyed every one of the eight courses, particularly the tortellini, risotto, duck egg and apple/pear. Service was impeccable. Can't wait to find another excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good you keep coming backkoolhabsDined on 22/10/2014Great food, lovely staff, excellent service. It's fantastastic. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauthier does it againGreedyDined on 22/10/2014A trip to Gauthier is always a special treat right from the moment you ring on the doorbell. Love the new tea pairing option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb lunch at Gauthier !!JenniJJDined on 21/10/2014Service very friendly, efficient & professional and the food was superb. This really is the ideal place to stop for lunch during a busy day, relax a little and enjoy some really good food. I think the lunch menus here are particularly good value and I like the delux which includes a preprandial glass of champagne and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOODLEYLALEONORADined on 20/10/2014OUTSTANDING FOOD, GREAT OF WINES AND GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS; EXCELLENT SERVICESpecial Features:
- Lunch at Gauthier SohoXXXXDined on 18/10/2014I had lunch at Gauthier on Saturday 18th October with my wife, two sons and my future daughter in law. We all had the lunch taster menu which was superb and very good value for money. The food was great as was the ambience and the service. I have been to this restaurant several times and can honestly say I have never yet been disappointed (compared, for example, to the 'sister' restaurant Tartufo in Chelsea that I have been to once and would never return to). I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Rae123Dined on 18/10/2014Celebrated my brother's and his girlfriend's birthdays here- excellent food, excellent service, and awesome value! The restaurant arranged for birthday cakes and candles for us which was very nice of them! We had the £40 tasting menu which was really good.Special Features:
- This restaurant always impressesStanLDined on 18/10/2014The team have a knack of making you feel special whatever the event and the food is always of a high standard. A place to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good valueHenHalDined on 18/10/2014We had the three course lunch for £25. Ended up being six courses with the little extras before and after courses! Staff very attattentive, free sparkling tap water, nice selection of bread rolls, overall really happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IIFFVIPDined on 17/10/2014Awesome food. Continues to go strongly, the menu refreshed. The White truffle dishes were good enough to lick the food off the plate!Special Features:
- What a gem!Adam1583Dined on 17/10/2014What an amazing evening. From start to finish we had a great time. Its a nice touch when you have to ring the door bell of a beautfiul town house to begin the evening and are then greeted by the loevely staff. The restaurant is beautifully presented and homely yet fancy. The staff were attentive, friendly and engaged without you feeling claustraphobic. The sommelier was knowledgeable but not pretentious and was warm and welcoming. The wine paried with our meal were fantastic. As for the food, probably the best meal we've had in a restaurant for a few years. Amazing ingredients and taste combinations. The venison and the scallops were to die for and the risotto was one of the beat ive ever had. Cannot recommend this place more. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiscuitsDined on 11/10/2014As ever, it was a wonderful experience. Everything was excellent, the food, the service and the ambience. We highly recommend Gautier Soho. It was very good value for money as well as being fine dining.Special Features:
- vicster1Dined on 11/10/2014perfect...good choice of menus, well priced, lovely service - look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Exquisite location and foodGillydsw18Dined on 8/10/2014As a fan of its predecessor, The Lindsay House, I was very excited to return to Gauthier, knowing that it would be special. Little touches such as home made amuse bouches and canapés - for a special birthday dinner it was perfect. The food was stunning - certainly worthy of a Michelin star we both thought. The one disappointment was the speed of service - we had to wait for what seemed like ages before we got a menu, or wine list. Once our choices were made, again disappointingly slow. If the speed of service could be improved, I would say you have the best kept secret in London!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Top restaurant. One of the few in London. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent restaurant.OllyDined on 7/10/2014Gauthier is one of my favorites in London. The ambiance is very special in that tiny old house in the middle of Soho and the food is really very good. Gauthier highly deserves is Michelin star and offers a choice of dishes that can be assembled by the customer in the order he wants. It is a nice way to adjust to your taste. If you want to have 3 meats, or 3 fishes... or 3 desserts... It is possible. The value for money is especially good for lunch with their set menu. Very recommended !Special Features:
- Excellent birthday meallondonistDined on 6/10/2014I brought my vegetarian girlfriend here for a special occasion (her birthday) and we opted for the 8 course veggie tasting menu. The overall quality, presentation and sheer variety of the food was exceptional. The restaurant staff made us feel so welcome and the intimate ambience of the venue added to a wonderful dining experience. I would definitely recommend to all and come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrEdDined on 4/10/2014Excellent food for a reasonable price. Service with a smile and very helpful with suggestions. Sommelier most friendly and very knowledgeable. One of the guests is vegan and we left the courses to the full discretion of the chef. It was unforgettable good. Will certainly go here again.Special Features:
- Ssuperb afternoonMossieDined on 4/10/2014We had the tasting menu. I have the vegetarian tasting which was lovely only slightly disappointed with the carrot course. The paired wines went extremely well with the food and the wines were different for the different tasting menus. Service fantastic too. I will be going back.Special Features:
- more veg please!vegloverDined on 4/10/2014The food is delicious but when the menu is described as emphasising vegetables it would be nice to get more than a teaspoonful of spinach. Also my vegetarian companions had been looking forward to risotto on the set menu and they were disappointed that on this occasion it could not be tweaked to be vegetarian.Special Features:
- A truly memorable eveningAisBACDined on 3/10/2014My husband and I ate here last Friday night. We ate here 2 years previously and although not cheap we enjoyed it so much it's become part of our routine when we visit London. Beautifully presented, very tasty food with very generous portions of bread :-) Staff incredibly polite and authoritative although not intrusive at all. Well worth a visit. A memorable treat.Special Features:
- Gauthier SohoEnjoyeatingoutDined on 3/10/2014Yet another fab lunch at Gauthier! We had the fixed price 3 course menu with matching wines, everything was excellent and exceptional value for money. More specifically my risotto was juicy and flavoursome, the guinea fowl to die for and the cheeses I had were different and interesting. All the extras including the bread were great especially the focaccia. Will definitely be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchMichyMoDined on 1/10/2014We arrived 5 mins early and were told we couldn't come in as they were setting up however when we asked for somewhere to sit they did let us in. The room is very small and tired looking. We had the 5 course tasting menu and it was fabulous apart from the soufflé dessert which was very ordinary. Staff were helpful and not intrusive. Overall good food and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chilled atmosphere, top food & wineXlent1Dined on 30/9/2014it's a townhouse experience with exceptional menu and wine list. Very cozy and french style all the way. We had a private room for a table of 8. Not rushed at all which was great as the food was top notch and service very friendly. Style is rich, so make sure to not have a big lunch if you are dinning there! Wine list has many reasonably (ok for Soho) priced wines.Special Features:
- A hidden gemLynDVIPDined on 26/9/2014Gauthier surpassed our expectations of seeking delicious French food in London! The service was impeccable and the food outstanding. A very enjoyable evening for our 1st Supper Club!Special Features:
- Very specialDinahDined on 24/9/2014In the heart of Soho this tiny restaurant feels like a secret haven in the living room of a townhouse. You ring the bell to enter and are then led into a bright white room with colourful decor. We had the five course menu which was superb value at £40 including a glass of champagne and some divine little canapés including a beetroot macaroon! The menu itself was fantastic; everything was beautifully cooked and presented, the venison and scallops melted in the mouth. We let the waiter choose the wine which was a good idea - it went perfectly with the meal (though it was a little pricey in comparison to the food at £15 per glass). The whole experience was wonderful, my only criticism was that it was hard to understand the French waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 22/9/2014Charming place with good food and wine. We went for the 3 & 4-course options instead of the tasting menu. Delicate dishes, recommend the langoustine and the risotto. The steak was very nicely done, but I thought the venison deserves a mention too. With a £60 bottle of wine, dinner came to ~£90 per head.Special Features:
- Very nice againPmaierDined on 20/9/2014It's the second time we went to Gauthier and we were delighted again by the good service, very nice food, good menu and all the little surprises : aperitif, mise en bouche, pre dessert and mignardises. We will become regular customer.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014It was an amazing experience. Service and food quality are both unarguably the best. Pricy for the smaller portions but I guess after five portions you won't feel hungry. We did have the summer truffle as everyone suggested and it was ok but remember you have to pay an additional ten pounds for that- that's an unexpected 20!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special LunchNunheadDined on 20/9/2014I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, and suffice to say it is now my wife's and I favorite restaurant. We had the three course taster menu and from beginning to end the service, food, wine and experience was perfect. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, it suits carnivore, omnivores and vegetarians equally and no body will feel let down by their excellent menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday lunchSuzalliDined on 20/9/2014We were celebrating a family birthday, and this restaurant proved to be a lovely place to do so. Food wonderful and great value for Michelin quality. Loved the little extra bombouches... Staff were helpful, and charming. The only thing we had not done was tell them it was a birthday..which our neighbouring table had..and had a lovely choclate birthday treat..so next time...!Special Features:
- Fantastic!SherryloverDined on 17/9/2014We had the set deluxe lunch menu for my Mum's birthday, which included Champagne plus 2 glasses of wine, matched to the starter and main course. We also received canapes, an amuse bouche and a pre-dessert, so technically 6 courses! The food was incredible, fantastic flavours and superb presentation. The Apple Tart dessert was one of the best desserts I've ever had! Can't wait to go back, definitely a gem in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch in townRajie63VIPDined on 16/9/2014I wanted to find an interesting lunch venue around Soho to meet up with an old friend. What can I say? Gauthier Soho up there with the best. We opted for the 2 course set lunch with wine pairing. The service and friendliness of staff were excellent. The 2 course lunch was accompanied by some lovely amuses bouches, a palate cleanser, some exceptional wines and some delightful chocolates with the coffee. It felt as though we had almost eaten a mini menu degustation and it was only the fact that we were so full that we couldn't manage a dessert. Every detail was spot on: The variety of breads (of which we were offered plenty), the decor and ambience and as mentioned, the staff who could not have been more friendly yet not intrusive. Chapeau!Special Features:
- A fabulous mealCityliteVIPDined on 13/9/2014Another excellent experience at Gauthier. Service was exceptional, food nd wine was divine.Special Features:
- One of the best lunch in my lifeSupersDined on 13/9/2014This is the 2nd time visit of this restaurant (1st time was dinner), and I feel here is one of the best restaurant for me. For lunch, there is 25GBP 3 course, it was really worth trying. The service is just amazing. Not only 3 course menu, they provided us 2 type of small plate before starter, many kind of bread (more than 6 variety), small jelly before dessert, and small chocolate after dessert. And, the all staff is very kind. Food quality is also very very good. The starter's Foie Gras is especially delicious. But, other main course or dessert are also excellent. For me, this is the best restaurant in London even though I've already gone many famous restaurants.Special Features:
- Nothing is too much to ask forgfdinerDined on 13/9/2014I've eaten here since it was Lindsay House and run by Richard Corrigan. It is a lovely house and a wonderful restaurant. The ambience is charming, relaxed and edgy enough to be interesting. But above all, the service. The service is just great. It is the best in London. The staff are perfectionists with every attention to detail and yet also relaxed and accommodating. I ate gluten free with no problem and could have almost anything on the menu. It was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReubenVIPDined on 12/9/2014Had tasting menu. Very good. Would have liked a bit more (flavours/creativity) on the dessert dishes though.Special Features: