21 Romilly Street
London, W1D 5AFNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauthiersoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074943111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00 - 14:15
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 18:30 - 22:15
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Alexis Gauthier & Gerard Virolle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Bring the magic of Gauthier Soho to your home. Outside catering available for private cocktails or full seating diner. Enquire at the restaurant on +442074943111
A word from Gauthier Soho
Having earned a star within a year of opening Gauthier Soho, Alexis Gauthier is described by Zagat guide as "...one of the Best New French food destinations in London...". With an emphasis on vegetables in all dishes, Alexis provides a seasonal tasting menu with the best possible ingredients (British where possible) for omnivores and a vegetable option, as well as an A la Carte and lunch option. All served in a chic Soho Townhouse where the staff really make you feel special. There are also five private dining rooms for parties of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Gauthier Soho - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Gauthier Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
456 reviews since 4 June 2014
special occasions (335)fit for foodies (274)romance (272)business meals (152)good vegetarian options (126)outstanding value (100)pre/post theatre (73)sunday lunch (28)group bookings (24)brunch (16)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (3)child friendly (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- A hidden gemLynDVIPDined on 26/9/2014Gauthier surpassed our expectations of seeking delicious French food in London! The service was impeccable and the food outstanding. A very enjoyable evening for our 1st Supper Club!Special Features:
- Very specialDinahDined on 24/9/2014In the heart of Soho this tiny restaurant feels like a secret haven in the living room of a townhouse. You ring the bell to enter and are then led into a bright white room with colourful decor. We had the five course menu which was superb value at £40 including a glass of champagne and some divine little canapés including a beetroot macaroon! The menu itself was fantastic; everything was beautifully cooked and presented, the venison and scallops melted in the mouth. We let the waiter choose the wine which was a good idea - it went perfectly with the meal (though it was a little pricey in comparison to the food at £15 per glass). The whole experience was wonderful, my only criticism was that it was hard to understand the French waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 22/9/2014Charming place with good food and wine. We went for the 3 & 4-course options instead of the tasting menu. Delicate dishes, recommend the langoustine and the risotto. The steak was very nicely done, but I thought the venison deserves a mention too. With a £60 bottle of wine, dinner came to ~£90 per head.Special Features:
- Very nice againPmaierDined on 20/9/2014It's the second time we went to Gauthier and we were delighted again by the good service, very nice food, good menu and all the little surprises : aperitif, mise en bouche, pre dessert and mignardises. We will become regular customer.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014It was an amazing experience. Service and food quality are both unarguably the best. Pricy for the smaller portions but I guess after five portions you won't feel hungry. We did have the summer truffle as everyone suggested and it was ok but remember you have to pay an additional ten pounds for that- that's an unexpected 20!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special LunchNunheadDined on 20/9/2014I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, and suffice to say it is now my wife's and I favorite restaurant. We had the three course taster menu and from beginning to end the service, food, wine and experience was perfect. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, it suits carnivore, omnivores and vegetarians equally and no body will feel let down by their excellent menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday lunchSuzalliDined on 20/9/2014We were celebrating a family birthday, and this restaurant proved to be a lovely place to do so. Food wonderful and great value for Michelin quality. Loved the little extra bombouches... Staff were helpful, and charming. The only thing we had not done was tell them it was a birthday..which our neighbouring table had..and had a lovely choclate birthday treat..so next time...!Special Features:
- Fantastic!SherryloverDined on 17/9/2014We had the set deluxe lunch menu for my Mum's birthday, which included Champagne plus 2 glasses of wine, matched to the starter and main course. We also received canapes, an amuse bouche and a pre-dessert, so technically 6 courses! The food was incredible, fantastic flavours and superb presentation. The Apple Tart dessert was one of the best desserts I've ever had! Can't wait to go back, definitely a gem in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch in townRajie63VIPDined on 16/9/2014I wanted to find an interesting lunch venue around Soho to meet up with an old friend. What can I say? Gauthier Soho up there with the best. We opted for the 2 course set lunch with wine pairing. The service and friendliness of staff were excellent. The 2 course lunch was accompanied by some lovely amuses bouches, a palate cleanser, some exceptional wines and some delightful chocolates with the coffee. It felt as though we had almost eaten a mini menu degustation and it was only the fact that we were so full that we couldn't manage a dessert. Every detail was spot on: The variety of breads (of which we were offered plenty), the decor and ambience and as mentioned, the staff who could not have been more friendly yet not intrusive. Chapeau!Special Features:
- A fabulous mealCityliteVIPDined on 13/9/2014Another excellent experience at Gauthier. Service was exceptional, food nd wine was divine.Special Features:
- One of the best lunch in my lifeSupersDined on 13/9/2014This is the 2nd time visit of this restaurant (1st time was dinner), and I feel here is one of the best restaurant for me. For lunch, there is 25GBP 3 course, it was really worth trying. The service is just amazing. Not only 3 course menu, they provided us 2 type of small plate before starter, many kind of bread (more than 6 variety), small jelly before dessert, and small chocolate after dessert. And, the all staff is very kind. Food quality is also very very good. The starter's Foie Gras is especially delicious. But, other main course or dessert are also excellent. For me, this is the best restaurant in London even though I've already gone many famous restaurants.Special Features:
- Nothing is too much to ask forgfdinerDined on 13/9/2014I've eaten here since it was Lindsay House and run by Richard Corrigan. It is a lovely house and a wonderful restaurant. The ambience is charming, relaxed and edgy enough to be interesting. But above all, the service. The service is just great. It is the best in London. The staff are perfectionists with every attention to detail and yet also relaxed and accommodating. I ate gluten free with no problem and could have almost anything on the menu. It was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReubenVIPDined on 12/9/2014Had tasting menu. Very good. Would have liked a bit more (flavours/creativity) on the dessert dishes though.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceBonnyBDined on 12/9/2014Came for lunch on Friday having been highly recommended to visit. The service from start to finish was attentive but never intrusive, the tasting menu was divine and beautifully balanced, my highlight was the beautifully cooked fois gras with elderflower crisp and apple ahich was delicious and amazing that the elderflower flavour cut through the richness of the fois gras. We asked for a recommended wine, the dry tokay was great however we didn't like the recommended red which was replaced without a question. My only thought is that has we tasted the wines before they were served this could have been avoided. Thanks again for a great lunch, we will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolute perfect, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014What an experience . It was truly a lust for the eye and mouth. The restaurant chef and his staff have an eye for every detail , including the ambianceASpecial Features:
- Quality & Value exceptionalRichardDined on 11/9/2014Gauthier is a fantastic restaurant. The two tasting menus are always an excellent showcase of the kitchen's talents in taste and cooking. Everything is always cooked perfectly. The vegetable options are really exciting too, where the vegetable is the main appeal of the dish. The service is always exceptional, attentive, and attuned to your individual needs. The sommelier is also excellent and makes great suggestions for individual dishes or for across a few dishes. Most wines are old world, but always include some really interesting varieties that challenge your preconceptions of grape variety. The price is also very competitive and delivers quality for a price rarely seen in London.Special Features:
- Wonderful tasting menuChrisDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed a wonderful tasting menu with paired wine - fabulous service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Great meal, great experience, great service. Truly enjoyed it, highly recommended for locals or visitors in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodrobfoodVIPDined on 2/9/2014Dining at Gauthier Soho is special and the food consistently good. On this occasion we had the summer tasting menu and it was absolutely delcious. A nice touch is that still or sparkling water is offered so, unlike other top class restaurants, you don't end up paying a lot for bottled water. The wine list is extensive but not cheap, which isn't surprising for a restaurant of this quality. The service is attentive and friendly. We have been several times and rate the food as possibly the best in London. The truffle risotto is my favourite dish of all time.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Thanks again to Gauthier Soho for another outstanding meal accompanied with the perfect service. We visited for our wedding anniversary and have to say a huge thank you to Marco and co for a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and valuecheeseninjaDined on 30/8/2014Absolutely brilliant meal we had at Gauthier, we had the 2 for 1 offer and hence the it was extraordinarily value for money! The wine / tea pairing with each courses were absolutely amazing, and service was attentive yet not intrusive. We were lucky to get a room for four of us to ourselves too!Special Features:
- lunch at GauthierGGTTVIPDined on 30/8/2014Excellent service and excellent food! This time In particular we were very happy with the vegetarian tasting menu. Fair price for outstanding food: tasty but at the same time light.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 27/8/2014I had visited Gauthier previously and had been impressed, however this time, our experience was decidedly average. A series of poor service elements really detracted from the excellent food. From the lack of wine list when we were given the menus, to having to ask twice before it was brought over, to being told the champagne we wanted was not on the menu, and the under sommelier couldn't describe the replacement because he it had only just arrived that morning and he "did not know the words in English". The waitress missed my glass and poured water all over my hand and the table and finally, when my husband tried to order some wine, he was told by the waiter he was "too busy"! Overall, the service was quite farcical but food quite nice.
- DHammerVIPDined on 27/8/2014Foodie guests from New Zealand were impressed by excellent special menu deal at Gauthier and as a fairly regular diner there it certainly lived up to expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but no atmosphereBlosslovesfoodDined on 27/8/2014We went for the lunch menu which I think is exceptional value! £40 for 3 courses, 2 glasses of wine, a glass of champagne, coffee and petit fours. The food was absolutely amazing, is was really yummy french fine dining done very well. Unfortunately we didnt feel like the rest of experience mirrored the "fine dining" promise. We were sat near the window and the construction outside was ridiculously loud, in the end I had to ask to move tables to which the waiter gave me a puzzled look. He then proceeded to let a young girl about 7 years old serve us, clearing our plates and serving our food. Some would have found it endearing, we however did not. This was not what we expected from a michelin star restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb cookingSpudloverDined on 26/8/2014Booked 2 for 1 dining offer for our wedding anniversary and chose the 8 course tasting menu. Each course was superb in its own way, but favourites were foie gras starter, Charolais beef fillet, and truffle risotto. Great service as usual. Only complaint: the flower arrangements - I am allergic to lilies...Special Features:
- does not need much to do betterjohnDined on 26/8/2014reservation efficient with a good follow up. you get the table you asked for. the decor is really average I would even say not much to talk about. the reception and service also, polite, efficient but uninterested with somesmall errors. the food is above average and quite creative with some very delicate sauces, but a main dish of ravioli with ONE ravioli, come on! bread uneatable, and the plates are supposed to be cleaned underneath also.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 23/8/2014Really outstanding food - a very thoughtful and well designed tasting menu which was a total joy from start to finish. Lots of standout dishes but in particular the truffle risotto was incredible. As well as amazing food the service was brilliant - we took friends for a birthday lunch and we were really made to feel special. This is currently my favourite restaurant in London; ahead of Dinner, Dabbous (though I love it there too) and Story.Special Features:
- Great offerPeteDined on 23/8/2014We took up the special 2 for 1 offer on the 'Gout du Jour' 8 course menu, which made excellent value for the Gauthier food and presentation quality. A thoroughly enjoyable meal with attentive but not fussy service.Special Features:
- FantasticsteveDined on 22/8/2014Lunchtime tasting menu was superb and amazing value.Special Features:
- Fatastic!RaboDined on 21/8/2014We had the tasting menu, 8 courses, normally £75, at a 2-for-1 deal. Everything was utterly wonderful. Every course was exactly the right size and bursting with flavour. I wish I was rich and could eat here all the time.Special Features:
- What an amazing dinner!FabioVIPDined on 21/8/2014We had an absolutely fantastic dinner at Gauthier. We went for the 8 course tasting menu and the food was outstanding. The place itself is cosy and intimate, perfect for couples. The best part is that the service is not only extremely professional and friendly but also unpretentious - which is pretty rare for a Michelin-starred restaurant in central London! I would not hesitate to recommend this place and will most certainly come back.Special Features:
- Superb food, and affordablebendineDined on 20/8/2014We had the 3 course lunch menu with 2 glasses of wine selected to match the meal. There were also 2 amuse-bouches, a between course palette-cleanser and petit fours to finish. There were 3 or 4 choices for each course, an excellent selection of breads was offered throughout the meal, and tap water provided (free) as a matter of course. The service was professional, attentive, but not stuffy, and the meal was well paced. But the main attraction was the quality of the food, which was clearly worth the Michelin star rating. All the dishes we had were excellent. Good ingredients, beautifully cooked, and combined with flair. We will certainly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLondonPaulVIPDined on 19/8/2014As always just great - tremendous food and service
- SuperbHoorayHenryDined on 16/8/2014A warm welcome-unusual in London! Great service. Fantastic food. A lovely dining ambiance. Excellent value set menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceCityliteVIPDined on 16/8/2014Excellent service, food and wine choices makes this restaurant a firm favourite. The extras such as free water, a fabulous bread selection and the wonderful petite fours mean that I return every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauthier 16-08-14MUCHADined on 16/8/2014Gauthier for lunch on Saturday 16-08-14 was as superb as ever. Sevice and food were impeccable. well done again!Special Features:
- Extra specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/8/2014We went for a special occasion and were delighted with our choice. We all had the tasting menu, which was mostly made up of our favourite dishes, foie gras, scallops, beef, a chocolate dessert to name a few highlights. The wine was also fantastic. Service was friendly and attentive as you would expect from such a venue. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service againMikeRDined on 15/8/2014Always consistent food and service and fantastic value for lunch. new summer menu introduces new dishes and ideas and was excellent. Staff cannot do enough and are effiicient and friendlySpecial Features:
- ExcellentHelenMVIPDined on 13/8/2014This is the second time I have dined at Gautier and it was just as good as the first time. Delicious food, beautifully presented by friendly and attentive staff. One of our party is vegetarian and this tasting menu also looked delicious. Because the restaurant was busy our party of four was seated in a little wine annex. It was lovely having the space to ourselves! The restaurant was very accommodating with respect to both changing the number of guests and pushing back the reservation time. No complaints. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.