21 Romilly Street
London, W1D 5AFNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gauthiersoho.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7494 3111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00 - 14:15
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 18:30 - 22:15
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Alexis Gauthier & Gerard Virolle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Bring the magic of Gauthier Soho to your home. Outside catering available for private cocktails or full seating diner. Enquire at the restaurant on +442074943111
A word from Gauthier Soho
Having earned a star within a year of opening Gauthier Soho, Alexis Gauthier is described by Zagat guide as "...one of the Best New French food destinations in London...". With an emphasis on vegetables in all dishes, Alexis provides a seasonal tasting menu with the best possible ingredients (British where possible) for omnivores and a vegetable option, as well as an A la Carte and lunch option. All served in a chic Soho Townhouse where the staff really make you feel special. There are also five private dining rooms for parties of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Gauthier Soho - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Gauthier Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
480 reviews since 24 November 2013
special occasions (349)fit for foodies (281)romance (269)business meals (152)good vegetarian options (131)outstanding value (109)pre/post theatre (72)sunday lunch (30)group bookings (26)brunch (16)outdoor eating (4)afternoon tea (4)child friendly (3)disabled access (3)Show More
- Wonderful experienceBossladyBaylyDined on 21/11/2014A wonderful evening with delicious and beautiful food. The service was outstanding and the staff professional and knowledgeable. My only criticism would be the lack of ambience or atmosphere in the dining space - chiefly because of a lack of any music. The lighting is good, the decor just fine. The ladies room was playing upbeat 80's tunes but the actual dining space was devoid of any ambience. It only started to bother me once i'd been there a while as it just felt a little flat when compared to the absolutely wonderful food, service, wine and pretty much everything else. Easy to rectify and would, imo, make Gauthier five stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excllent birthday lunchTontonorthDined on 18/11/2014Took hubby here for lunch on his birthday. We took the VIP lunch option, 3 courses with champage, 2 glasses of wine, coffee & petit fours. Excellent food and fantastic value. Would highly recommend but would suggest you book ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinner at GauthierRedeaterDined on 15/11/2014I booked this restaurant for post-theatre dinner on my wife's birthday. From the moment we rang the doorbell to be let in, we felt it was going to be a special experience. The service was excellent from beginning to end. I chose the restaurant for it's menu, providing a good balance for meat eaters and vegetarians, and the food lived up to my hopes. However, if you want to order the tasting menu you should book for earlier in the evening, because it was not available by the time we arrived. The beetroot macaroon amuse bouche was amazing. It is difficult to distinguish between the dishes, but the venison is the one I would pick out for particular praise. My wife loved the duck egg second course. We were too full to have a pudding, so we have a reason to return. The advice on wine selection was accurate without being patronising, and the mojitos were great. A final mention for the cologne in the mens toilet. I'm already searching for a bottle. Altogether, a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHowHelDined on 15/11/2014The welcome, service & atmosphere, the canapes, petit fours & extras , the menu and the exquisite food were all perfect. Although drinks were quite expensive, not charging for the carafe of sparkling water balanced this out. All things considered, the final bill was very reasonable. We have already recommended to friends and are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArsenalDined on 14/11/2014As always everything was excellent. Great Lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super lunch venue in the heart of SohoMantonDocsDined on 13/11/2014Great value, high quality set lunches served by delightful, attentive staff. We had the £40 champagne + 3-courses + sommelier-recommended 2 x glass of wine - fantastic value. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerAHToxDined on 10/11/2014We had an excellent meal from the autumn menu this week. Venison recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodGazzaDined on 10/11/2014We had a special dinner for my son's birthday. They looked ufter us very well, and made a real show of the celebration - much more than we were expecting. And the food and service were exceptionally good. I would thoroughly recommend Gauthier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding VFMHamshankerDined on 7/11/2014We had the deluxe lunch which comes with champagne and 2 glasses of wine to accompany the 3 courses, it was outstanding value for money, the food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchAmericanInLondonDined on 6/11/2014We had a special value 3 course menu with wine. It was seasonal and very tasty. Service was attentive. Ambiance very nice and fairly formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It had been too long since our last visitchrismwVIPDined on 5/11/2014and I had forgotten how good this restaurant is in all respects. Lunch with wine, coffee and a half bottle of wine each is one of London's best kept secrets and the food was outstanding. All as before but this remains in our top five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid value for quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Great offering of 3, 4, or 5 courses alongside the tasting menu, all good value. We selected different dishes across the courses and thoroughly enjoyed all of them, especially the venison and chocolate tart. For high quality food it is very good value and has a strong selection of wine and cocktails. The sommelier was fantastic.Special Features:
- Wonderful Venue and FoodPeteLBDined on 4/11/20145 of us went for a celebratory business lunch and all loved the place. Massively impressed with the setting, a converted town house and fantastic food. Also good value for lunch considering the quality. However give yourself some time, especially if you chose the 8 course taster menus, as the service is attentive but not quick. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeanDined on 4/11/2014We have been to Gautiers several times now and it remains our favourite restaurant. Excellent food and service and excellent value. Definitely the top London restaurant. We recently lunched for our wedding anniversary. Every course delicious and the "inbetween" courses an added delight. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidAWAWDined on 1/11/2014Lovely atmosphere, excellent wine list, exceptional food and very attentive yet unobtrusive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BlueBeardDined on 1/11/2014An unusual upstairs and downstairs dining expereince. This was an unexpected gem after looking for a late booking and reading the excellent previous reviews. The menu is small but feels bold and full of opportunity. The wine list is extensive but well presented and with knowledgeable Somneliers to hold your hand and even work within a budget (£50 a bottel or less). The service team were very nice and attentive and when asked able to give sensible and helpful information and recommendations (particularly when it came to the magnificant cheese selection). The black truffle risotto starter and the venison main course were to die for. This was an amazing meal, with a lovely team of people in a quirky and characterful venue.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch at GauthierAWAWVIPDined on 31/10/2014This was our first time at Gauthier - we went for lunch and it was wonderful. Amazing food, superb service. Everything was fantastic. We will definitely go there again. For lunch, it was good value.Special Features:
- stunning foodBigColDined on 28/10/2014lovely quiet restaurant with the most subtle of entrances - exceptional food, good reasonable wine list and friendly attentive staff - expensive but good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White trufflevonBalhamDined on 28/10/2014Top notch dining experience. Great service: polished but not pompous. Has a 'secret find' feel about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic restaurantEpicFoodie91Dined on 25/10/2014Very nice ambience to the place, had better food for less from other places before. Service from waiters was top class and would not expect less from an establishment like this. Over all good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and serviceOmnivore75Dined on 24/10/2014Went here on a friend's recommendation and would highly recommend it. Tried the vegetable tasting menu and enjoyed every one of the eight courses, particularly the tortellini, risotto, duck egg and apple/pear. Service was impeccable. Can't wait to find another excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good you keep coming backkoolhabsDined on 22/10/2014Great food, lovely staff, excellent service. It's fantastastic. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauthier does it againGreedyDined on 22/10/2014A trip to Gauthier is always a special treat right from the moment you ring on the doorbell. Love the new tea pairing option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchswannyDined on 22/10/2014This restaurant is a weird mix of great value but is also very poncey. So you have to ring the bell to get let in. The food was great, and there were loads of hidden extras, but the only problem with so many additional courses - snacks, amuses bouches, petits fours etc, is that the conversation is always interrupted by a waiter telling you what he's about to give you. That's good because you need to know what you're eating when it's food you haven't ordered, but it can make the lunch a bit more stilted than it needs to be. Either way I've already made my next booking.Special Features:
- Another superb lunch at Gauthier !!JenniJJDined on 21/10/2014Service very friendly, efficient & professional and the food was superb. This really is the ideal place to stop for lunch during a busy day, relax a little and enjoy some really good food. I think the lunch menus here are particularly good value and I like the delux which includes a preprandial glass of champagne and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOODLEYLALEONORADined on 20/10/2014OUTSTANDING FOOD, GREAT OF WINES AND GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS; EXCELLENT SERVICESpecial Features:
- Lunch at Gauthier SohoXXXXDined on 18/10/2014I had lunch at Gauthier on Saturday 18th October with my wife, two sons and my future daughter in law. We all had the lunch taster menu which was superb and very good value for money. The food was great as was the ambience and the service. I have been to this restaurant several times and can honestly say I have never yet been disappointed (compared, for example, to the 'sister' restaurant Tartufo in Chelsea that I have been to once and would never return to). I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Rae123Dined on 18/10/2014Celebrated my brother's and his girlfriend's birthdays here- excellent food, excellent service, and awesome value! The restaurant arranged for birthday cakes and candles for us which was very nice of them! We had the £40 tasting menu which was really good.Special Features:
- This restaurant always impressesStanLDined on 18/10/2014The team have a knack of making you feel special whatever the event and the food is always of a high standard. A place to visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good valueHenHalDined on 18/10/2014We had the three course lunch for £25. Ended up being six courses with the little extras before and after courses! Staff very attattentive, free sparkling tap water, nice selection of bread rolls, overall really happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IIFFVIPDined on 17/10/2014Awesome food. Continues to go strongly, the menu refreshed. The White truffle dishes were good enough to lick the food off the plate!Special Features:
- What a gem!Adam1583Dined on 17/10/2014What an amazing evening. From start to finish we had a great time. Its a nice touch when you have to ring the door bell of a beautfiul town house to begin the evening and are then greeted by the loevely staff. The restaurant is beautifully presented and homely yet fancy. The staff were attentive, friendly and engaged without you feeling claustraphobic. The sommelier was knowledgeable but not pretentious and was warm and welcoming. The wine paried with our meal were fantastic. As for the food, probably the best meal we've had in a restaurant for a few years. Amazing ingredients and taste combinations. The venison and the scallops were to die for and the risotto was one of the beat ive ever had. Cannot recommend this place more. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiscuitsDined on 11/10/2014As ever, it was a wonderful experience. Everything was excellent, the food, the service and the ambience. We highly recommend Gautier Soho. It was very good value for money as well as being fine dining.Special Features:
- vicster1Dined on 11/10/2014perfect...good choice of menus, well priced, lovely service - look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Exquisite location and foodGillydsw18Dined on 8/10/2014As a fan of its predecessor, The Lindsay House, I was very excited to return to Gauthier, knowing that it would be special. Little touches such as home made amuse bouches and canapés - for a special birthday dinner it was perfect. The food was stunning - certainly worthy of a Michelin star we both thought. The one disappointment was the speed of service - we had to wait for what seemed like ages before we got a menu, or wine list. Once our choices were made, again disappointingly slow. If the speed of service could be improved, I would say you have the best kept secret in London!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Top restaurant. One of the few in London. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent restaurant.OllyDined on 7/10/2014Gauthier is one of my favorites in London. The ambiance is very special in that tiny old house in the middle of Soho and the food is really very good. Gauthier highly deserves is Michelin star and offers a choice of dishes that can be assembled by the customer in the order he wants. It is a nice way to adjust to your taste. If you want to have 3 meats, or 3 fishes... or 3 desserts... It is possible. The value for money is especially good for lunch with their set menu. Very recommended !Special Features:
- Excellent birthday meallondonistDined on 6/10/2014I brought my vegetarian girlfriend here for a special occasion (her birthday) and we opted for the 8 course veggie tasting menu. The overall quality, presentation and sheer variety of the food was exceptional. The restaurant staff made us feel so welcome and the intimate ambience of the venue added to a wonderful dining experience. I would definitely recommend to all and come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrEdDined on 4/10/2014Excellent food for a reasonable price. Service with a smile and very helpful with suggestions. Sommelier most friendly and very knowledgeable. One of the guests is vegan and we left the courses to the full discretion of the chef. It was unforgettable good. Will certainly go here again.Special Features:
- Ssuperb afternoonMossieDined on 4/10/2014We had the tasting menu. I have the vegetarian tasting which was lovely only slightly disappointed with the carrot course. The paired wines went extremely well with the food and the wines were different for the different tasting menus. Service fantastic too. I will be going back.Special Features: