Getti Restaurant Marylebone
42 Marylebone High Street
London, W1U 5HDNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Getti Restaurant Marylebone
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.getti.com/restaurants/getti-marylebone-high-street
- Phone: 02074863753
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm Sat: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm Sun: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Getti Restaurant Marylebone
Getti load of this - a modern, vibrant, stylish Italian restaurant at the upper end of metropolitan Marleybone Village aka London A-list territory. Crisp blue and white décor, intimate alcoves, smooth wooden furniture sat on by an affluent clientele (Barbara Windsor and other famous BBC faces are regulars) - that's Getti. But that's not all. Overseen by Stefano Fraquelli - an established figure in the capital's restaurant scene - the menu is made up of a variety of traditional dishes from Tuscany - that have stood the test of time, and are probably yummier now than they ever were. Signature dishes include any of the Tuscany options on the weekly-changing set menu such as suckling pig cooked with Mirto liquer. When the sun shines brightly, you can dine al fresco looking out at bustling Devonshire Street and Marleybone High Street, taking that one step closer to feeling as if you really are living la dolce vita.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Getti Restaurant Marylebone reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since 20 May 2014
business meals (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasions (7)outdoor eating (7)pre/post theatre (7)romance (6)good vegetarian options (6)outstanding value (4)group bookings (4)sunday lunch (3)child friendly (3)brunch (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Great food, slow serviceLivetoeatDined on 10/9/2014Had lunch here recently, food was great, nice ambience, but service was poor and had to ask for plates to be removed about 10 minutes after finished eating. Also had to catch eyes for coffee, the bill etc otherwise would have been there a lot longer. It was 2 hours as it was!Special Features:
- Family ReunionSurprisedDined on 19/7/2014We had a great time. The food, drink and atmosphere was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Effortless qualityScarboroughDined on 27/6/2014The food and service are impeccable and the feel is informal. Always a good booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlie LunchZillycolDined on 19/6/2014This was the second time I had visited in a week. The first time I has spaghetti arrabiata and the second osso bucco, both were excellent and the staff were charming and happy. A thoroughly enjoyable visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compared to the other restaurantsJTdiningDined on 16/3/2014Compared to the other restaurants in this foodie area, this was let down. The food was about average for a chain, but priced at the rate of an individually owned restaurant. The calamari to start were soggy and obviously previously frozen and the salami plate was underwhelming. The children's main course spaghetti bolognaise was just below average and my main course of grilled chicken never arrived, instead I was given a plate of gorgonzola ravioli - a very different dish… In fairness the restaurant tried hard to make up for their mistake but the quality of the food was so low that I didn't feel like ordering anything else. Given the restaurant's location, this was a poor dining experience.Special Features:
- Another great experience at Getti.SwaltzVIPDined on 3/1/2014Having eaten here many times before I booked for lunch with my family whilst in town. We were short on time and the waiter was excellent, immediately arranging the starters whilst we decided on the mains. My two young boys were able to have half portions and I had the lobster linguine, as always, which is fantastic. Another great meal.Special Features:
- Never a Bad MealBobTDined on 3/12/2013I was at Getti last month with a colleague. We had a fantastic dinner with great service. I decided to take my team of 15 people there for a dinner last week and again - amazing service and great food. They were extremely attentive and made sure we had what we needed the entire time we were there. Don't miss the "gem"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placecherryVIPDined on 2/12/2013A very nice surprise. The food was so nice: well cooked and light, which is not easy to find in London. I will go backSpecial Features:
- It lives up to its reputation!American2LondonDined on 8/11/2013As we had a late Friday night appointment on Harley Street, we thought it would fun to have a meal nearby and took a friend's recommendation for Getti as we wanted good pizza for our seven-year-old daughter, and a mix of vegetarian and meat for the rest of our five-person gang. We also wanted some a reasonable wine list and a casual atmosphere. We were very pleased on all accounts! The menu gave us plenty of choices and the food was both good eating and good value. The wine list is varied with excellent selections on both the upper and lower ends of price--the waiter we had also made an excellent recommendation in a Northern Italian red that was better than the one I new and had ordered. It is a comfortable and friendly, and we return.Special Features:
- Great From the Moment We Walked InBobTDined on 6/11/2013I took my boss for dinner there and we were immediately greeted at the door. We were seated an offered drinks. The waiter was very efficient and took time to explain the menu to us. We both had salad and pasta along with a red wine from a huge selection. The manager/owner came by a couple of times to check on us. The food was hot, delicious and very filling! When we left, the manager/owner again thanked us and shook our hands and encouraged us to return. I would absolutely recommend this place and will definitely be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GettiTaddyDined on 16/10/2013Went for a business lunch - efficient, friendly service & great food. I had the linguini with lobster - absolutely delicious and at a reasonable price too. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balmy EveningLuvrestsVIPDined on 21/9/2013The weather suddenly turned warm and everyone turned out for dinner on a summers evening, dining on the pavement. The food here is very good and I return time again with that expectation. I had a beautiful veal escalope dish, which comes as a substantial portion and with vegetables cooked just right. The service is always very good and the ambience as you would expect for a chic, cosmopolitan Italian Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Getti Restaurant Marylebone reviews archive.
- Good food al frescopastilleDined on 26/8/2013Sat outside on Bank Holiday Monday. Balmy evening, good food. Not sure about sitting outside on a busy working lunchtime, as Marylebone High Street can be fairly busy. Would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at GettiRo1989VIPDined on 23/3/2013Went for dinner at Getti on Saturday night- the pasta is the best I've had in London and it is definitely worth a visit! Highly recommended and a beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- Good food and lunchtime ambienceborn2lunchDined on 13/3/2013Had a leisurely lunch here last week to catch up with an old friend. The service was very good but not intrusive. Lunch was unhurried and delicious as we chatted throughout the busy period around one o'clock. Highly recommended for well presented Italian staples in a fresh and bright atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood ItalianTrinityVIPDined on 7/2/2013Good neighbourhood Italian - with attentive service - an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Getti catch upsGetticatchups1Dined on 9/1/2013Good, all round venue for lunch - good food, atmosphere and value in a great part of town. Staff are pleasant and don't rush you. You can take a colleague, friend or your parents there and they'll enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian restaurantDevonianDined on 5/1/2013We were in London and went two nights in succession. It is a cheerful, rather noisy place with friendly staff and a large selection of decent, reasonably priced Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheerful ambience and staff.DevonianDined on 4/1/2013Cheerful ambience and staff. Lots of choice on the menu. Large ppotions, decent foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant choice forMsVBDined on 4/1/2013Great restaurant choice for dinner with a friend. Fantastic service - really friendly staff. Great menu and quick service. The restaurant ambiance was pleasantly relaxed, really nice environment for dinner and a good chat with a mate. We had a lovely starter (soup) then pasta dishes which were tasty and plentiful in size, then coffee at the end. Would definitely reccomend and visit again.
- Perfectly nice restaurant.PB23Dined on 21/12/2012Perfectly nice restaurant. The ambience downstairs (where we were sat) wasn't fantastic, but the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style Italian on the High StSudayDined on 13/11/2012Restaurant has a a lovely outside eating area if you don't mind busy marylebone high st.! Lunch menu represents good value at £13.50 for two courses but found choices very limiting and not that exciting so opted for salads which were very good . Beautiful char grilled tuna with artichoke salad is to be recommended. Ambience is that of an old style Italian restaurant which is born out in their friendly and attentive service. Restaurant is very busy at lunch time and well located for shopping on the high st and going for a quick lunch.Special Features:
- Lunch at GettiSwaltzVIPDined on 18/10/2012Getti is a great venue for a business lunch with is great ambience and choice of food. Service not as good as normal this visit but still a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Recommendation, but...GalleristDined on 12/10/2012There were four of us in our party. The food was fine and the staff very helpful. Good ambiance and lighting, but like many of today's storefront restaurants, a little on the noisey side. One complaint, we "double tipped" because the tip had already been added to the bill and we were not made aware of this. (Accoustomed to a tip being added for parties of five or more, so we were unsuspecting of this policy.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little unforgettableItalian65VIPDined on 8/10/2012The food at Getti was not memorable. The pizza was fine (but not memorable of Naples) and, according to my friend, the gnocchi were ok. I am not sure that we were impressed enough to return.
- A bit hit and missMacaroonDined on 11/9/2012Visited Getti mid-week with family due to location on Marylebone High St and good reviews as decent non-pretentious Italian. Service was great, food was swift, but we had a mixed bag of meals - pizzas had disappointingly thick doughy bases and the special of rabbit pasta was minute and very wet. But starters of mixed bruscetta were delish and it was very busy and buzzing, so I'd return if in the area to give benefit of the doubtSpecial Features:
- A good Italian mealJarrydDined on 22/8/2012Good food woth a try but nothing fancy. Unfortunately no discounts we could find but not priced too highSpecial Features:
- Good location. Outdoor seatsMLH59Dined on 7/8/2012Good location. Outdoor seats were a success on a fine sunny day but they're a tad close together for an intimate conversation. Our server was great, patient and attentive. We ordered a lovely Rose wine which was served nicely chilled, sipped on that while we chatted and read the great menu. I had the breaded veal (slightly overcooked but tasty) while my friend had the calves liver in Basil butter - beautifully pink and tender. The fresh vegetables were al dente and perfect for us. The portions are large and having eaten well we declined dessert. All in all a good impression on our first visit and we will return to try out smaller portions of starters and desserts next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value and atmosphereSwaltzVIPDined on 26/7/2012Getti in Marylebone is good value and has a great atmosphere. The service is very attentive and the staff very friendy. Great for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rain or Shine at Getti'sMarylebonefoodieDined on 9/7/2012Getti's on Marylebone High Street continues to offer good value food at pavement tables or inside it's airy and light-filled restauraant. The menu of the day at lunchtime continues to offer very good value for money. Staff could not be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunchJA78Dined on 24/6/2012Great service, a very enjoyable lunch thank you for looking after my tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has its ups and downsianfreemanVIPDined on 23/6/2012I have never had a bad meal at Getti - but then I've never had a particularly good one either. It's very traditional Italian, the staff are nice and try very hard, the food is terribly average and the prices are through the ceiling. I'll probably return - but I'm not sure why. *sigh*
- Great serviceawfungDined on 2/6/2012We were the first diners that evening and when we came, the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. They let us choose our seats and made small conversations with us. We ordered the express menu. The salmon starter was really good! Tried all three mains and found them a little basic, but you get what you pay for. The chocolate cake was really lovely to look at! Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, good pricePritsDined on 30/5/2012Looking at Getti's from the outside, it look like somewhere you always wanted to try out. I have to admit, the food was adequate, not bad but nothing fantastic. The staff were really busy trying to get us to order and so they approached us every 2/3 minutes, which was annoying. Nevertheless, they were quite busy which made us feel that they wanted to get the table free for the next sitting. We were all vegetarian and asked for some things to be removed, when the food came they pretty much took everything out and was very dry.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening if somewhatSteveDined on 29/5/2012Pleasant evening if somewhat unremarkable. Food and service was good but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Alfresco DiningmavendinerDined on 26/5/2012Not the first time we have visited Getti. Medium priced, nice food, excellent service. Not a gourmet experience but very pleasant, especially on a warm day or evening to sit on Marylebone High St and watch the world go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012This was my first time to Getti on Marylebone High Street in london and i found it to be very good! the food was excellent and service was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back.
- Dined Getti at MaryleboneyuckisdDined on 28/4/2012Dined Getti at Marylebone on Saturday evening with 8 people. We ordered starter and main by each and served very well and foods are good. We had one great Saturday night meal. Thanks.
- Dined at Getti, MaryleboneEJDADined on 25/4/2012Dined at Getti, Marylebone High Street, 25th April nice welcome and ambiance. Good menu choice,large starter portions but pasta main course small and could have been hotter and liver was too thick in the opinion of one of the diners.Good wine list overall but limited choice in lower prices. We and our guests had an enjoyable evening and will visit again but not as often as we would like as the bill was on the high side for the type of fare.
- We were expecting more. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012We were expecting more. My pizza was actually really tasty but unfortunately the other guests didn't have the same feeling. My husband had to wait 25 mins after we were served as they made a mistake taking his order and our other guest wasn't too impressed with her rissoto. Great place for a pizza!Special Features: