Goodman Canary Wharf
Discovery Dock East
3 South Quay
London, E14 9RUNeighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: £26 to £40
Goodman Canary Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/section.php/16/1/steak_canary_wharf_london
- Phone: 02075310300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12 pm-10:30 pm
Saturday 5:30 pm-10.30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak
- Executive Chef: John Cadieux
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Goodman Canary Wharf
Goodman specialises in steak. Our chefs source the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic – from premium USDA corn-fed herds to grass-fed Scottish beef, grain-fed Irish Angus and rare breed Belted Galloway from the Lake District in England – to present a unique combination of a traditional British chophouse and classic New York grill. All of our meat is dry aged and cut on-site – which can be seen in our glass-walled dry-ageing room. Couple that with one of London’s largest collections of American red wine, fine single malt whiskeys and a couple of great traditional English beers on tap and you have a match made in carnivore heaven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Goodman Canary Wharf - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Goodman Canary Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since 6 May 2014
business meals (232)special occasions (205)fit for foodies (150)group bookings (98)romance (97)outdoor eating (62)sunday lunch (28)pre/post theatre (23)disabled access (21)brunch (18)outstanding value (18)child friendly (10)good vegetarian options (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Extremely pleasedGiacomoDined on 30/8/2014I've been here a few times and quality is always outstanding. Great steak, wide wine selection and very good service. The only downside, as always, prices (really expensive).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak very tenderSM12Dined on 27/8/2014Exceptionally good steak very tender, perfect Nice Argentinian maybeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!!GoranKingDined on 23/8/2014Came here on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. Was a rather late meal so we skipped starters and went straight to main courses. My 700gram bone-in-ribeye off the special blackboard menu was absolutely amazing! Cooked to perfection! My partner had the Lobster Roll and Chips which she enjoyed, had a small bite and I thought it was very nice. However it's all about the steak! White Chocolate Creme Brûlée to finish and this was also very nice but nothing outstanding. Service was great, quick and helpful. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience GoodmanMandRVDined on 23/8/2014Rmantic dinner for two Great food - the steak was amazing! Great service - lovely view over the dock Recommend and will go again soon!Special Features:
- PleasureSugarDined on 22/8/2014The food and service is the best I have come across along with excellent company, I would definitely come back again next year to celebrate my birthday. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks.MonsterMunchDined on 20/8/2014Early evening meal at Goodmans, a 4th visit to this nicely located restaurant on south quay, one stop from the O2 on the tube. Good food, fast service, delicious steaks. Additional cost for chips at £5 is a bit cheeky, but overall this is not a value style restaurant, so if you are going to eat well, be prepared for the cost that goes with it. Friendly staff are very obliging. Next time it's the Lobster sandwich and chips.Special Features:
- Quality meats with superb serviceKKDDDined on 19/8/2014Dined out with my parents and girlfriend, we chose a variety of meats (New york sirloin, Goodman Rib-eye and Fillet) to share among us. Although not opted for any more expensive options, we enjoyed every bites of the meat. Truffle chips was a surprised highlight. Overall, I rate it as the best place for quality steak in London.Special Features:
- Our meal on 16th August 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014We were disappointed to find that our booking with Open Table was not confirmed at Goodman Canary Wharf so they did not know we were coming - not a great start. The restaurant was very busy and the service was very slow - it took over half an hour before we were given a drink. We finally ordered our starters and had to ask several times if they were coming. They were so long coming the restaurant said when they finally arrived they would be foc. The food was excellent but overall the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Exquisite steakDisappointedGoonerDined on 14/8/2014Best steak I've had in the UK, excellent sides and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/8/2014Excellant service, good recommenations for menu and wine from waiter.Special Features:
- LaurenDined on 13/8/2014Excellent steak, as always. Very good Bordeaux by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Best steaks in the UKAllanbDined on 13/8/2014Succulent and flavoursome are the words that come to mind when thnking about Goodmans. My (and my fellow diner's) steak were somewhat medium albeit requested medium rare but nonetheless excellent tasting and tender pieces of meat. Definitely not cheap but the best steaks that I've had in the UK.Special Features:
- Best Steak In London.YoungfoodloversDined on 9/8/2014I have eaten at quite a few steak resteraunts including (Hawksmoor and Gaucho). This for me tops them all! The steak is sooo tender it's effortless to cut and just melts in your mouth. I had a 400g Rib Eye and was not disappointed, nor were the other 4 guys who were with me. I had a lobster chowder for starter which was ok, I should of gone with the prawns which I have had in the past and are outstanding but I thought I'd be different. I ordered creamy potatoe purée and garlic mushrooms which I preferred to the chips and we shared a bottle of filino Malbec. The wine was very good so it's worth to enjoy your steak. For desert I had a coconut ice cream with a chocolate tiffin which was Lovley but I was very full! 9/10 from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodND79Dined on 9/8/2014Very nice relaxed restaurant, amazing food and service excellent. Don't bother going to them other steak restaurant chains, this is by far the best.Special Features:
- WeegeeDined on 8/8/2014My favourite steak restaurant. Always good food and wine, excellent service.Special Features:
- Best steak everfmq123Dined on 8/8/2014About the 4th or 5th time I've eaten at Goodman. Usually we go to the one in Mayfair - which we love both for the amazing food, but also the service. Glad to see we weren't disappointed as the service was fabulous at the one in Canary Wharf too. Steaks were amazing, as were the wonderful sides! We missed the beef dripping potatoes they serve in the Mayfair one though (having said that, the truffle chips were still incredible). Wouldn't be great on your wallet or waist size as a regular indulgence, but is perfect for those special occasions :)Special Features:
- Great MealALI1Dined on 7/8/2014Had a wonderful meal at Goodman. three of us had different steaks. For those who don't mind a bit of fat in their meat the rib eye is superb. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitgoodgrub1Dined on 2/8/2014This was my third visit to goodman and the food and service was very good I will be coming again 100%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak, less keen on extrasGoboDined on 1/8/2014We'd never eaten here before, and our waiter spent a good bit of time explaining the different cuts and helping us make our choices. We had the 550g Porterhouse steaks and they were fantastic. However, we didn't enjoy the extras so much. I found the truffle chips were far too oily for my taste, and worse they were very inconsistently shaped, meaning I had half a bowl of little slivers of greasy potato. My wife's chips were slightly better but even oilier. My starter, the crayfish and lobster cocktail was very nice, although it contained very little of the latter, so I felt it was very expensive.We found the ambience a little odd too, it was prententious in places (leaning over my steak to fill my glass of water), and very casual in others.
- Best steaks in LondonRicoThePoolboyDined on 31/7/2014Goodman's steaks are the best in London. We live nearby and usually splurge for our birthday and other celebrations. The wine list is extensive and well chosen. The steaks are from a variety of regions, so there's something there for all tastes. It's pricey, but you won't be disappointed. Service is top notch as would be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good standardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/7/2014We do business meetings almost every weekday the Goodmans. The quality of food and service have never gone down. Very friendly and knowledgeable service staff who are ready to give you advice on various type of cuts. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 22/7/2014There was a problem with our order, no big deal. But they were super attentive, went way above and beyond to set things right. This is how every restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyMeatloverDined on 16/7/2014Nice place and good service. The rib eye we had was very good but the choice of sizes was really limited. What you see on the menu is not the "real" selection, rather a board they carry around with fixed cuts you have to choose from. So if you want to share a 600 gram cut and they only have a 900 one, you have to go with the 900. With the prices it's not ideal I think. For business dinners this is a great place.Special Features:
- Good steak as alwaysWChinDined on 10/7/2014They were accommodating when we had to shift our booking till later. Steak was excellent as always and service friendly but thorough. Will come again.Special Features:
- foodDined on 5/7/2014overall brilliant night and service was great . will defiantly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSacredbuttastycowDined on 30/6/2014Quality if the steak is so good that it's now a benchmark for me. Haven't found any other place as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fantasticBeth5681Dined on 27/6/2014Love this place so much. The food is just amazing. They'd changed a few of the starters and desserts this time round too, so it was good to have a little change. The steak just melts in your mouth and the truffle mac & cheese is just brilliant. Fantastic service as well.Special Features:
- Poor serviceMarkDined on 27/6/2014would have been a better experience had the mens washroom not been flooded and our server obviously not having a good day, We waited a good ten minutes before we were seen by the original waitress, then a new waiter appeared who obviously didnt like working there. Surly would have been an understatement I think he was personally affronted when I said we were not ready to order dessert a minute after he gave us the menu. Not bad considering the £25 odd service charge added to the bill. I have had some very good meals and enjoyed this place bvefore but never again. Recommend any other day bar friday night
- Consistent, deliciousAllyBVIPDined on 24/6/2014Its not the best ambience, but the food is spot on, the service is good and there is good choice and good quality meat on offer. Always a reliable dinner choice, although a pricey one. Beer selection needs improving though.Special Features:
- Over hypedKuksDined on 21/6/2014Hyped by the reviews. Our rib-eye was too fatty and flavourless. The only thing we liked were our sides - chips and salad! Paid a lot if money for poor quality steaks. Gaucho is much better.Special Features:
- Steak !FilletBretnallDined on 20/6/2014Fabulous porterhouse - maybe slightly too much on the medium side of medium rare.....but apart from that everything was excellent - particularly liked the "selection" of sauces Good wine suggestion too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant steaks!elle003Dined on 14/6/2014Really great quality meat (we had ribeye and porterhouse), well prepared and cooked to perfection. Good sized portions at good value. Staff helpful at explaining and presenting cuts. Great for a meat-loving man. Starters also tasty especially prawn tempura. Not so keen on the dessert though, somewhat bland and portions too large for sweets... just eat all your main and don't save any room for later. Wine list varied and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable.QualityQualityDined on 14/6/2014Quality of the meat puts a certain Argentinean alternative to shame. Wine price has somewhat escalated, with an absence of a house bottle recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality meatSteak1Dined on 13/6/2014The best steak you will ever have the pleasure of enjoying in London . prime USDA beef is exceptional and butter soft texture . All round excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townDJW85Dined on 11/6/2014Goodman's in Canary Wharf without a doubt are up there with the meat cuts they serve. Cooked to perfection whether you prefer raw to well done, they rival some of the strong competitionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gib76Dined on 7/6/2014Great range of quality steaks with thoughtful and informed waiting staff. Sides are additional as seems the norm but all delicious. No doubting the star is the meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManuDined on 6/6/2014We live near this restaurant and the food had always been of top quality. Took some friends here on Thursday night after hyping up the quality of the food but was left dissapointed and a little embarrassed. The porterhouse steaks we had ordered just tasted very bland on this occasion, this is why I marked down on quality of food. . The waitress did offered to replace the steaks but we had eaten half of it by this time. Without requesting the steaks were removed from the bill. I really like this restaurant and hope this was just a blip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveVigoDined on 5/6/2014expensive place, average service but the food is very goodSpecial Features:
- Overcooked !WozzerDined on 3/6/2014All three steaks we ordered were overcooked from how we asked for them to be done. The manager did offer to get us new ones cooked and deducted the cost from the bill. Only one of our group chose to have a new one but it took ages so by the time it arrived he didn't want it and others had finished ! Can't fault the service to rectify the problem but it shouldn't happen in the first place !
- Steak, steak, steak...NickDined on 30/5/2014This is simply one of the best steak restraurants I've been too. They have an outstanding selection of steaks, aged on site, with a price range to suit eveyone. Their lunch specials are exceptional value and for the foodies they have a selection of more exotic cuts available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.