Goodman Canary Wharf
Discovery Dock East
3 South Quay
London, E14 9RUNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £26 to £40
Goodman Canary Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/section.php/16/1/steak_canary_wharf_london
- Phone: 020 7531 0300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12 pm-10:30 pm
Saturday 5:30 pm-10.30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak
- Executive Chef: John Cadieux
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Goodman Canary Wharf
Goodman specialises in steak. Our chefs source the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic – from premium USDA corn-fed herds to grass-fed Scottish beef, grain-fed Irish Angus and rare breed Belted Galloway from the Lake District in England – to present a unique combination of a traditional British chophouse and classic New York grill. All of our meat is dry aged and cut on-site – which can be seen in our glass-walled dry-ageing room. Couple that with one of London’s largest collections of American red wine, fine single malt whiskeys and a couple of great traditional English beers on tap and you have a match made in carnivore heaven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Goodman Canary Wharf - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Goodman Canary Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since 28 November 2013
business meals (222)special occasions (202)fit for foodies (139)romance (94)group bookings (90)outdoor eating (56)pre/post theatre (25)sunday lunch (25)disabled access (19)brunch (16)outstanding value (15)child friendly (10)good vegetarian options (5)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- For Carnivorus!ChoozyDined on 17/11/2014We had a team diner at Goodman CW, and it was a perfect choice. No ultra loud music, so no need to shout reasonable space between the table to keep your conversation your own and the service was very good. The meat was amazing, the sides were OK, ...but anyway no space left for them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodman's is greatLozzaDined on 15/11/2014if you love meat this is the place for you! great food, great service, great surroundings will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potentially the best steak in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/11/2014Food was great, service is excellence with the staff bringing you examples of their meat cuts along with the various types of steak on the board that is brought to your table. The staff have extensive knowledge of the meat too, explaining the additional tastes you'll receive if you go for either "Grain Fed", "Grass Fed" or have a steak with the bone in. There is also a wine specialist who can help you pick the perfect bottle for your taste. One of the best restaurants around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksClarkyDined on 14/11/2014Always enjoy Goodmans, food n wine is reallt nice and the best steak place on the wharf :-)Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBdaydinnerDined on 13/11/2014I love my steaks so my fiance wanted to treat me to a fine steak grill in London for my Birthday. Goodman was in one of the top steak recommendations in London and so we booked it for our special evening. From the get go we had few issues. Anyways we got there and I must say the service from our server was excellent. He was very enthusiastic and dedicated to his job. He explained us all the options in details regarding what kind of steaks they offer. I must say I was expecting a good steak however it fell too short to my expectation and obviously this is in Canaray Warf so the meals are very pricey in this part of the city. We did wanted to go for a fine dining but the ambience was more of a red lobster or chillies or a family restaurant. I wouldnt mind going again for a drink however I wouldnt go there for a meal because of the value to quality ratio. The area is excellent and very lively however me and my fiance were both extremely dissapointed with our meals. Since I live in Canada so dont know when I would have a chance to try again however I would most definitely not rate Goodman as a fine dining Steakhouse. I would add again that their service was definitely outstanding.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeSuziestaarDined on 6/11/2014I used to love Goodman's and visited the restaurant with family and friends a lot. This visit I brought along some work colleagues and was telling them about the fantastic food and service ... however when we arrived and sat down we were left for a good 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged that we were sitting there. Our waitress was very busy and in the end another waiter came over to explain to my guests how the menu worked and then walked away without taking our order ... eventually we did get to order but there was a distinct lack of attention to our table. Considering our bill was over £350 and only three of us eating (one was vegan and could only eat the sides) with no wine I expected a top rate service.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Steaks are a must. Bit expensive but food is good quality. Service is good and staff are very helpful in terms of advise for different cuts of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealRicciGladwellDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant is in a great location, overlooking the water in the Docks. The waitress was superb, she was friendly and very helpful. With our menus she brought over a large plate of example steaks to explain what they all were, how they taste and how they can be cooked. One of our steaks was very overcooked, I called the waitress over, who then went to get the manager, the manager could not be anymore apologetic, she took the steak away immediately and told us a new one would be brought back! With the new steak we also received some additional side dishes of spinach and chips :) I would give the overall experience including food 8/10 Would go again for sure. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Goodman Canary WharfRandy65Dined on 30/10/2014As always all was good. The meat was fantastic and the staff friendly and competentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPickle86Dined on 28/10/2014A beautiful quayside location in amongst the Skyscrapers. Tempura prawns and smoked salmon starters were a hit as were the fillets and sirloin we chose. Pleasingly, the menu wasn't overloaded with vast choices, just enough! Delicious side dishes we chose were handcut chips, lobster mac & cheese, creamy spinach and the green/tom/red onion salad with the best balsamic dressing I've had for a good while. Staff attentive. Cosy atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyable treat, thank you :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meat and lobsterElBulliVIPDined on 28/10/2014I love Goodman CW. It always has a great Gotham relaxed vibe about it and food is always reliably good. This time we had an amazing waiter, who clearly loved what he did and we had a richer experience for it, so that was a great bonus. The foos was exceptional as always. We shared a lobster roll (possibly best i have had outside the US) and a porterhouse steak. When I felt the steak was undercooked for me, it was no problem for them to cook it a little more without any fuss - just what you want. Go and have a great time!Special Features:
- Monday night @ Goodman CWBellyDined on 27/10/2014Very helpful and friendly waitress, however was completely confused when I asked if the USA beef had been fed with GM corn. Restaurant mostly packed with suits from Canary Wharf, so I would suggest on a weeknight this venue is more for business people than a special event or romantic dinner. Superb, warm bread rolls, beef Carpaccio just delicious and definitely a must have. Steaks were just good but not outstanding. My wife chose grass fed filet beef cooked just right, while my tenderloin (ordered medium-rare) was a little bit too rare. My fault!. Both steaks tender and decent portions, but unfortunately under-seasoned. Sides of chips, spinach and carrots with Pecan nuts very good. I may be tempted back, but not my first choice for a steak.Special Features:
- stake a claimMrBling1Dined on 18/10/2014We booked this because it enjoyed good reviews and was round the corner from our hotel. the premises is pleasantly situated quayside and specialises in steaks. I liked the manner in which the waiter explained the cuts of meat and prices, we ordered Rib eye, one bone on, one without the bone. It arrived really quickly(almost too quickly) but was superbly cooked, juicy, with that char grilled flavour. sides were good although a trifle pricey, and a big bonus, proper chips made with proper potatoes. Good wine list although a big mark up. The service charge was automatically added to the bill which some peopple don't like and it does take the discretion out of it. altogether though a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great SteakbigeatDined on 17/10/2014Always impressed with my trips to Goodmans, great steak and service.Special Features:
- Tigre001Dined on 11/10/2014This time around wasn't the best. It was our third visit -- the meat was dry and the waiter this time wasn't the best either. Cristina the waitress has to be our favorite as she attends to customers differently and her recommendations are spot on. The only good thing was that I had asked for a booth in my reservation and they obliged.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Brillient night for my birthday - would definatly go again, really classy place with amazing serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night Out!Hamburg68Dined on 10/10/2014Brilliant service amd outstanding food. Every time again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNellie007Dined on 4/10/2014After reading other excellent reviews decided to give Goodmans a go and was not disappointed. Food was lovely, tiger prawn tempura delicious and steaks were amazing. Our waitress was very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SHE2012Dined on 4/10/2014We had a great meal here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We both had the US fillet steak which was the best we've ever had! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the steaks and ever so friendly in a professional manner. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic nightSEB1807VIPDined on 2/10/2014A group of us dined and were blown away by the fabulous service and the steaks were to die for! Beats the likes of Gaucho and Hawksmoor hands down! The beef carpaccio starter just melts in the mouth - worth going just for that. Accompanied by a fantastic selection of wines, cocktails and aperitifs, this is a must do for any special meal ... Pricy but worth it ... GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2014Quite simply the best quality steak I've had in London. Great service, great wine list and really relaxed atmosphere. Perfect dinner spot with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in LondonGabbyDined on 30/9/2014We are real foodies, and we believe they have the best ever steaks in London. Melt in the mouth, huge selection of cuts, and a very friendly service. (Our favourite waiter is Virgilio - great guy.) Overall, thoroughly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent...mostly!LifeofRileyDined on 27/9/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times with customers and it has always been a great experience with superb steaks and very professional service. This was the first time I have taken my wife and unfortunately the standard didn't reach the usual Goodman heights. It could be that we ordered incorrectly because we ordered a porterhouse to share rather than asking for one each and this meant going slightly off menu to get one large enough. Either way, the steak we received was rare rather than medium rare, but the main issue was there was a large amount of gristle, which put us both off. I am giving the restaurant a high score more for its usual standards than the meal we had Saturday. I wonder whether it being a weekend made a difference?Special Features:
- best steak everkath80Dined on 26/9/2014this is the best steak restaurant we have ever been to. the waiter was excellent and explained the menu thoroughly, the food was quick and totally amazing. we both had a porterhouse steak which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. no need for extra sauces! the restaurant itself was a perfect setting for our tenth wedding anniversary and the waiter even presented us a free desert with happy anniversary written on the plate! yes it was quite expensive but well worth every penny! would definitely recommend! cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not greatcanadiandinerDined on 26/9/2014Our waitress did not speak english very well, nor did she actually serve us to a minimal standard. She took our order & that was it. We came between lunch & dinner; as soon as we ordered she re-wrote the board for meat choices for the dinner crowd…not impressed. We specifically went to Goodman's for the meat & the choice we wanted wasn't on the lunch menu, but saw it written on the dinner menu immediately after we ordered. Once we got our food, we did not see our waitress again. She was too busy chatting to her co-workers & filling out the dinner board. Another waitress noticed that our glasses were empty, she topped off our wine glasses & water. Overall, disappointing; especially for my partner who usually enjoys other Goodman locations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/9/2014.Great service, efficient, polite, attentive. The meat is for the connoisseurs. The beef tenderloin definitely one of the best that you can enjoy in London.Special Features:
- The best steak you will haveBeeeDined on 12/9/2014I have been to goodman twice and the service and food has been outstanding. Delicious USA steak, bit pricey but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickyDined on 12/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Great/helpful staff and food was superb quality. Highly recommend and will be going back.Special Features:
- Beautiful steak cooked perfectly...NickDined on 12/9/2014Lunch menu includes Steak Frites £18 and Pan Fried Grey Mullet £13, both were cooked to perfection and allowed us to celebrate the end of the week in style.Special Features:
- Fantastic!bustermiamiDined on 11/9/2014Have been to this restaurant a couple of times now and never disappointed with the food or the service. Nice space between tables so good for a romantic meal or business dinner as you don't feel like the next table is practically sat with you. Food is amazing and staff take time to explain meat and happy to answer any questionsSpecial Features:
- Guys catch upAndyHDined on 11/9/2014Great friendly service. Stunning steak. It's not cheap, but you can be confident to have great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAimzDined on 6/9/2014Average food, poor service will not return. The restaurant was busy and service levels were compromised, the food was average quality for the price.Special Features:
- excellent steakLondonFoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a late night dinner at Goodman. The food came out really quickly and the sirloin we ordered was perfection also they're famous truffle chips are to die for! But they could use more truffle flavour. The cocktails were not that brilliant, but the food was excellent and that's all that matters. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening dinnerGazzaDined on 2/9/2014Food excellent, service excellent, waitress helpful and friendly, cant fault my visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic steakLaurenDined on 2/9/2014Outstanding steak and great wine list - needless to say more.Special Features:
- Extremely pleasedGiacomoDined on 30/8/2014I've been here a few times and quality is always outstanding. Great steak, wide wine selection and very good service. The only downside, as always, prices (really expensive).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak very tenderSM12Dined on 27/8/2014Exceptionally good steak very tender, perfect Nice Argentinian maybeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!!GoranKingDined on 23/8/2014Came here on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. Was a rather late meal so we skipped starters and went straight to main courses. My 700gram bone-in-ribeye off the special blackboard menu was absolutely amazing! Cooked to perfection! My partner had the Lobster Roll and Chips which she enjoyed, had a small bite and I thought it was very nice. However it's all about the steak! White Chocolate Creme Brûlée to finish and this was also very nice but nothing outstanding. Service was great, quick and helpful. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience GoodmanMandRVDined on 23/8/2014Rmantic dinner for two Great food - the steak was amazing! Great service - lovely view over the dock Recommend and will go again soon!Special Features:
- PleasureSugarDined on 22/8/2014The food and service is the best I have come across along with excellent company, I would definitely come back again next year to celebrate my birthday. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.