Goodman Canary Wharf
Discovery Dock East
3 South Quay
London, E14 9RUNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £26 to £40
Goodman Canary Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/section.php/16/1/steak_canary_wharf_london
- Phone: 02075310300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12 pm-10:30 pm
Saturday 5:30 pm-10.30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak
- Executive Chef: John Cadieux
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Goodman Canary Wharf
Goodman specialises in steak. Our chefs source the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic – from premium USDA corn-fed herds to grass-fed Scottish beef, grain-fed Irish Angus and rare breed Belted Galloway from the Lake District in England – to present a unique combination of a traditional British chophouse and classic New York grill. All of our meat is dry aged and cut on-site – which can be seen in our glass-walled dry-ageing room. Couple that with one of London’s largest collections of American red wine, fine single malt whiskeys and a couple of great traditional English beers on tap and you have a match made in carnivore heaven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Goodman Canary Wharf - Best restaurants in Docklands ›
Goodman Canary Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
365 reviews since 23 October 2013
business meals (236)special occasions (208)fit for foodies (151)group bookings (105)romance (97)outdoor eating (60)sunday lunch (28)pre/post theatre (23)disabled access (22)outstanding value (19)brunch (18)child friendly (10)good vegetarian options (5)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- stake a claimMrBling1Dined on 18/10/2014We booked this because it enjoyed good reviews and was round the corner from our hotel. the premises is pleasantly situated quayside and specialises in steaks. I liked the manner in which the waiter explained the cuts of meat and prices, we ordered Rib eye, one bone on, one without the bone. It arrived really quickly(almost too quickly) but was superbly cooked, juicy, with that char grilled flavour. sides were good although a trifle pricey, and a big bonus, proper chips made with proper potatoes. Good wine list although a big mark up. The service charge was automatically added to the bill which some peopple don't like and it does take the discretion out of it. altogether though a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great SteakbigeatDined on 17/10/2014Always impressed with my trips to Goodmans, great steak and service.Special Features:
- Tigre001Dined on 11/10/2014This time around wasn't the best. It was our third visit -- the meat was dry and the waiter this time wasn't the best either. Cristina the waitress has to be our favorite as she attends to customers differently and her recommendations are spot on. The only good thing was that I had asked for a booth in my reservation and they obliged.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Brillient night for my birthday - would definatly go again, really classy place with amazing serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night Out!Hamburg68Dined on 10/10/2014Brilliant service amd outstanding food. Every time again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNellie007Dined on 4/10/2014After reading other excellent reviews decided to give Goodmans a go and was not disappointed. Food was lovely, tiger prawn tempura delicious and steaks were amazing. Our waitress was very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend and will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SHE2012Dined on 4/10/2014We had a great meal here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We both had the US fillet steak which was the best we've ever had! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the steaks and ever so friendly in a professional manner. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic nightSEB1807VIPDined on 2/10/2014A group of us dined and were blown away by the fabulous service and the steaks were to die for! Beats the likes of Gaucho and Hawksmoor hands down! The beef carpaccio starter just melts in the mouth - worth going just for that. Accompanied by a fantastic selection of wines, cocktails and aperitifs, this is a must do for any special meal ... Pricy but worth it ... GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2014Quite simply the best quality steak I've had in London. Great service, great wine list and really relaxed atmosphere. Perfect dinner spot with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in LondonGabbyDined on 30/9/2014We are real foodies, and we believe they have the best ever steaks in London. Melt in the mouth, huge selection of cuts, and a very friendly service. (Our favourite waiter is Virgilio - great guy.) Overall, thoroughly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent...mostly!LifeofRileyDined on 27/9/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times with customers and it has always been a great experience with superb steaks and very professional service. This was the first time I have taken my wife and unfortunately the standard didn't reach the usual Goodman heights. It could be that we ordered incorrectly because we ordered a porterhouse to share rather than asking for one each and this meant going slightly off menu to get one large enough. Either way, the steak we received was rare rather than medium rare, but the main issue was there was a large amount of gristle, which put us both off. I am giving the restaurant a high score more for its usual standards than the meal we had Saturday. I wonder whether it being a weekend made a difference?Special Features:
- best steak everkath80Dined on 26/9/2014this is the best steak restaurant we have ever been to. the waiter was excellent and explained the menu thoroughly, the food was quick and totally amazing. we both had a porterhouse steak which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. no need for extra sauces! the restaurant itself was a perfect setting for our tenth wedding anniversary and the waiter even presented us a free desert with happy anniversary written on the plate! yes it was quite expensive but well worth every penny! would definitely recommend! cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not greatcanadiandinerDined on 26/9/2014Our waitress did not speak english very well, nor did she actually serve us to a minimal standard. She took our order & that was it. We came between lunch & dinner; as soon as we ordered she re-wrote the board for meat choices for the dinner crowd…not impressed. We specifically went to Goodman's for the meat & the choice we wanted wasn't on the lunch menu, but saw it written on the dinner menu immediately after we ordered. Once we got our food, we did not see our waitress again. She was too busy chatting to her co-workers & filling out the dinner board. Another waitress noticed that our glasses were empty, she topped off our wine glasses & water. Overall, disappointing; especially for my partner who usually enjoys other Goodman locations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/9/2014.Great service, efficient, polite, attentive. The meat is for the connoisseurs. The beef tenderloin definitely one of the best that you can enjoy in London.Special Features:
- The best steak you will haveBeeeDined on 12/9/2014I have been to goodman twice and the service and food has been outstanding. Delicious USA steak, bit pricey but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickyDined on 12/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Great/helpful staff and food was superb quality. Highly recommend and will be going back.Special Features:
- Beautiful steak cooked perfectly...NickDined on 12/9/2014Lunch menu includes Steak Frites £18 and Pan Fried Grey Mullet £13, both were cooked to perfection and allowed us to celebrate the end of the week in style.Special Features:
- Fantastic!bustermiamiDined on 11/9/2014Have been to this restaurant a couple of times now and never disappointed with the food or the service. Nice space between tables so good for a romantic meal or business dinner as you don't feel like the next table is practically sat with you. Food is amazing and staff take time to explain meat and happy to answer any questionsSpecial Features:
- Guys catch upAndyHDined on 11/9/2014Great friendly service. Stunning steak. It's not cheap, but you can be confident to have great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAimzDined on 6/9/2014Average food, poor service will not return. The restaurant was busy and service levels were compromised, the food was average quality for the price.Special Features:
- excellent steakLondonFoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a late night dinner at Goodman. The food came out really quickly and the sirloin we ordered was perfection also they're famous truffle chips are to die for! But they could use more truffle flavour. The cocktails were not that brilliant, but the food was excellent and that's all that matters. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening dinnerGazzaDined on 2/9/2014Food excellent, service excellent, waitress helpful and friendly, cant fault my visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic steakLaurenDined on 2/9/2014Outstanding steak and great wine list - needless to say more.Special Features:
- Extremely pleasedGiacomoDined on 30/8/2014I've been here a few times and quality is always outstanding. Great steak, wide wine selection and very good service. The only downside, as always, prices (really expensive).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak very tenderSM12Dined on 27/8/2014Exceptionally good steak very tender, perfect Nice Argentinian maybeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!!GoranKingDined on 23/8/2014Came here on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. Was a rather late meal so we skipped starters and went straight to main courses. My 700gram bone-in-ribeye off the special blackboard menu was absolutely amazing! Cooked to perfection! My partner had the Lobster Roll and Chips which she enjoyed, had a small bite and I thought it was very nice. However it's all about the steak! White Chocolate Creme Brûlée to finish and this was also very nice but nothing outstanding. Service was great, quick and helpful. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience GoodmanMandRVDined on 23/8/2014Rmantic dinner for two Great food - the steak was amazing! Great service - lovely view over the dock Recommend and will go again soon!Special Features:
- PleasureSugarDined on 22/8/2014The food and service is the best I have come across along with excellent company, I would definitely come back again next year to celebrate my birthday. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks.MonsterMunchDined on 20/8/2014Early evening meal at Goodmans, a 4th visit to this nicely located restaurant on south quay, one stop from the O2 on the tube. Good food, fast service, delicious steaks. Additional cost for chips at £5 is a bit cheeky, but overall this is not a value style restaurant, so if you are going to eat well, be prepared for the cost that goes with it. Friendly staff are very obliging. Next time it's the Lobster sandwich and chips.Special Features:
- Quality meats with superb serviceKKDDDined on 19/8/2014Dined out with my parents and girlfriend, we chose a variety of meats (New york sirloin, Goodman Rib-eye and Fillet) to share among us. Although not opted for any more expensive options, we enjoyed every bites of the meat. Truffle chips was a surprised highlight. Overall, I rate it as the best place for quality steak in London.Special Features:
- Our meal on 16th August 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/8/2014We were disappointed to find that our booking with Open Table was not confirmed at Goodman Canary Wharf so they did not know we were coming - not a great start. The restaurant was very busy and the service was very slow - it took over half an hour before we were given a drink. We finally ordered our starters and had to ask several times if they were coming. They were so long coming the restaurant said when they finally arrived they would be foc. The food was excellent but overall the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Exquisite steakDisappointedGoonerDined on 14/8/2014Best steak I've had in the UK, excellent sides and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/8/2014Excellant service, good recommenations for menu and wine from waiter.Special Features:
- LaurenDined on 13/8/2014Excellent steak, as always. Very good Bordeaux by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Best steaks in the UKAllanbDined on 13/8/2014Succulent and flavoursome are the words that come to mind when thnking about Goodmans. My (and my fellow diner's) steak were somewhat medium albeit requested medium rare but nonetheless excellent tasting and tender pieces of meat. Definitely not cheap but the best steaks that I've had in the UK.Special Features:
- Best Steak In London.YoungfoodloversDined on 9/8/2014I have eaten at quite a few steak resteraunts including (Hawksmoor and Gaucho). This for me tops them all! The steak is sooo tender it's effortless to cut and just melts in your mouth. I had a 400g Rib Eye and was not disappointed, nor were the other 4 guys who were with me. I had a lobster chowder for starter which was ok, I should of gone with the prawns which I have had in the past and are outstanding but I thought I'd be different. I ordered creamy potatoe purée and garlic mushrooms which I preferred to the chips and we shared a bottle of filino Malbec. The wine was very good so it's worth to enjoy your steak. For desert I had a coconut ice cream with a chocolate tiffin which was Lovley but I was very full! 9/10 from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodND79Dined on 9/8/2014Very nice relaxed restaurant, amazing food and service excellent. Don't bother going to them other steak restaurant chains, this is by far the best.Special Features:
- WeegeeVIPDined on 8/8/2014My favourite steak restaurant. Always good food and wine, excellent service.Special Features:
- Best steak everfmq123Dined on 8/8/2014About the 4th or 5th time I've eaten at Goodman. Usually we go to the one in Mayfair - which we love both for the amazing food, but also the service. Glad to see we weren't disappointed as the service was fabulous at the one in Canary Wharf too. Steaks were amazing, as were the wonderful sides! We missed the beef dripping potatoes they serve in the Mayfair one though (having said that, the truffle chips were still incredible). Wouldn't be great on your wallet or waist size as a regular indulgence, but is perfect for those special occasions :)Special Features:
- Great MealALI1Dined on 7/8/2014Had a wonderful meal at Goodman. three of us had different steaks. For those who don't mind a bit of fat in their meat the rib eye is superb. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.