11 Old Jewry
London, EC2R 8DUNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 02076008220x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Steak
- Executive Chef: Oliver Bird
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar
A word from Goodman City
Goodman specialises in steak. Our chefs source the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic – from USDA ‘Prime’ corn-fed herds to grass-fed Scottish beef, grain-fed Irish Angus and rare breed Belted Galloway from Devon – to present a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill. All of our meat is matured on-site – you can see it for yourself in our glass-walled dry-ageing room – then we cook it over charcoal for a fabulously smoky flavour. Couple that with one of London’s largest collections of American red wine and you’ve a match made in carnivore heaven. Our City of London venue is just round the corner from the Bank of England.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Goodman City - Best restaurants in Bank ›
Goodman City reviews from OpenTable diners
350 reviews since 25 October 2013
business meals (251)special occasions (145)fit for foodies (126)group bookings (78)romance (37)sunday lunch (15)pre/post theatre (14)brunch (13)outstanding value (8)disabled access (8)child friendly (7)outdoor eating (3)good vegetarian options (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Succulent steak and relaxed venueDrToddDined on 17/10/2014I had first been to Goodman on Maddox street in Mayfair, but needed a booking for 7 pm and found the one on Old Jewry near bank. I was meeting friends visiting from Los Angeles and we agreed the menu looked great. The booking was easy to make and then comfirmed by a real person on the phone. The pace of the meal was relaxed, the service was impeccable, and the food was simply delicious. We chatted for hours and enjoyed the wonderfully welcome atmosphere. The advice on the food while ordering was excellent, and the service staff were fantastic. The location was very convenient for acces from Loverpool Street as I came in from Colchester.Special Features:
- ChrissyDined on 15/10/2014Having visited goodmans on a number of occasions my last visit was not upto standard, not sure if it. Was the time of evening or it was having a off day , will definitely not put be off returning as we had many of great nights previouslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/10/2014First time to Goodman City. The lunch was a business meeting and food, environment all very good. Will use again.Special Features:
- Fantastic steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I used this restaurnt fir our wedding anniversary . I and my wife enjoyed good service and fantastic steak. We will come back soon regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakstklvrDined on 8/10/2014The food and wine were superb (grass-fed bone-in ribeye and California Cakebread Cab).. This was my second time at the restaurant and I'm about to book again for next Thursday. Overall very nice indeed.Special Features:
- best steak in londonrobeadeDined on 8/10/2014Love this restaurant. Best steaks and service in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best beef in LondonABCDVIPDined on 6/10/2014I love the beef at Goodman's. Put simply, it's the best you can get anywhere in London. That night, service was especially attentive and top quality. The only downside is the loudness - it seems everyone shouts, which is a shame.Special Features:
- Great food - but overpricedtonyDined on 3/10/2014Main course (steaks) very good, starters overpriced, as was the wine. Service friendly, but fine-dining prices at what is really just a steak house.Special Features:
- superb experienceandyhDined on 3/10/2014the best steak we have ever eaten. thank you to the chef for showing us around the kitchen and thank you to our wonderful waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant eveningEKWCDined on 2/10/2014Brilliant service and food. Staff were very knowledgeable with the different types of steaks. Will definitely recommend this place to friends and family.Special Features:
- good value set lunchClareDVIPDined on 2/10/2014Quite an expensive a la carte menu but the set menu is great value. Consistently good, reliable, pleasant service.Special Features:
- What a great restaurantChrisDined on 1/10/2014Great restaurant, the steaks are first class and the wine list is comprehensive. Would definitely recommend and will without a doubt return. The lady who looked after us was terrific and extremely professional. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodman top steaksMattBVIPDined on 30/9/2014Great to share a lovely Chateaubriand. Excellent. Tasty creamed spinach too.
- Too noisyGrumpyOfBradfieldDined on 26/9/2014Excellent food but far too noisy. I think the lack of any noise absorption in the ceiling almost amplifies peoples voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadieswholunchDined on 26/9/2014As soon as I walked through the rather impressive doors I knew I was going to enjoy eating there. It's a beautiful building with shades of yesteryear. The tables were not too close to your neighbours, nothing worse than listening into other peoples conversations unless,that it you are unlucky in your choice of dining companion. I wasn't I am glad to say. The staff were extremely attentive but not overbearing. Informative and helpful with the wine and the cuts of meat available. I started with tempura king prawns - delicious and my fillet was cooked to perfection and so tenders. However that was enough- sadly I had no room for their amazing deserts. But I will definitely be returning to sample all 3 courses next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbttDined on 23/9/2014Perfect steaks , friendly serice , wine list a little over pricedSpecial Features:
- Not for vegetariansSHIMVIPDined on 19/9/2014I know it's a steak place but I think it was a bit much to ask for my vegetarian selection 24hrs prior to dining. I could chose between pasta and rice and that was it. Went for the pasta and it was undercooked and the taste was below average. We also felt it was too loud in there so conversation could only be had screaming at each other.
- Another mind blowing steak!!LovedUpDined on 18/9/2014Where do i start, this place is brilliant, it’s the second time we have been here and the food just gets better and better! The knowledge of our waiter was incredible! He knew about all the different cuts, the breads of cow and what they liked to eat. We had a 900 gram bone in Rib eye to share between 2 people and it literally melted in your mouth. The truffle chips and creamed spinach were both excellent too! A truly fantastic evening at a great restaurant! Can’t wait to go back again!!Special Features:
- StrandStuStrandStuDined on 8/9/2014Good table by the window; attentive waiter with good expalnation of dishes; good food but rather expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - 10/10FridayfunDined on 5/9/2014its a favorite of mine - this place never fails the place its just the best in my view if you are a meat eater. 10 out 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and creamy spinachJHSWDined on 5/9/2014The steak was juicy and good. But the creamy spinach side dish was heavenly. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- juicy delicious steakyomamaDined on 4/9/2014on arrival the waitress brought us two glasses of champagne as she knew it was our wedding anniversary which was a nice touch. Love the blackboard of special cuts...we choose the aged rib eye which was cooked to perfection medium rare juicy bloody lots of flavour. The entree was average but the sides were delicious...crispy chips and truffle oil, creamy macaroni and cheese with truffle, ...highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food and Service is always goodFoodieVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food and service is always consistently good. Will keep going backSpecial Features:
- Quality in the CityChiswellDinerDined on 4/9/2014If you like steaks then you will love Goodmans. More class than other South American themed steak chains. There are also lots of booths and round tables ideal for business groups.Special Features:
- Good food but not for the priceMarekcyclistDined on 2/9/2014I had the rib eye, I was not that impressed with the quality of the cut, quite a lot of grissle and it just wasn't as nice as many other of the big name steak houses I have been to, where I normally have a rib eye. My colleague had the fillet and to be fair that did look pretty good. Chips were ok but at £5 for about 15 fat chips they should be amazing. I always assess a meal based on whether I would go back to the restaurant again and spend my own cash, and I am afraid that I felt that Goodmans was not one that I would go back to. We had a bottle of average Malbec at £42. The overall cost of a meal for two, we had starter, mains and one desert and two coffees came in at just over £170 which I did not feel was good value for money.Special Features:
- Meat Amazing - Service AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014The quality of the meat is the best I have ever tasted. The salad's however are not as good (but I guess don't go to a meat restaurant and order salad!) For example one of the startes is literally a bowl of tomatos! Chips were ok but not great, but I have not had a better steak in London! Service was poor, the waiter swere attentive on drinks but that was it. They even started taken plates of food away when people hadn't finished their meal!Special Features:
- Simply the best!MuffinDined on 29/8/2014Superb service only topped by the finest steak I've ever eaten. The choice is wide and the quality of the steak perfectly matched by the selected side dishes. Go for the salt and truffle oil chips for a truly memorable accompaniment to any dish!Special Features:
- Exceptional steak in American styleUKLADined on 29/8/2014Outstanding range of steak, including USDA aged in their own ageing room. Also a large range of simple but delicious sides. All dishes prepared in the American style - thick cut and heavily seasoned - so not for the faint-hearted or salt sensitive. If you want high quality steak, aged and cooked to perfection, this is the place. Service also superb - knowledgeable and efficient. Mostly a business clientele in the week but still very accommodating of our family party, including young children.Special Features:
- gone down hill.LadyGagaDined on 28/8/2014I used to love this place - steak was always good. Service was excellent. But my visit last week was a disappointment - steak must have poorly seasoned during cooking thus tasted pretty average . Service was also very average if poor . As a former regular I may gravitate more towards the Hawksmoor which has proved more consistent over the years - when you're spending £250 on lunch it has to be half decent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodmans ExcellentFoodie74Dined on 27/8/2014I'll be honest, I had never heard of Goodmans until late July 2014. However, after going there I was not only blown away by the food, the service was quick and efficient. In my opinion...perfect. My sirloin steak was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great streak!!ClubSandwichandMayoDined on 27/8/2014Does what it says on the tin. Very good venue and dining experience for a meat-eating business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAusEatersDined on 22/8/2014We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 and 4 adults for my husbands birthday. Ordered a platter of 4 different meats and fish and chips and a few sides. The waitress Mirka came over to explain which was which when she realised the kitchen got the order mixed up and gave us a wrong cut. She immediately got them to cook us our order so we had so much meat! Lucky our husbands are big eaters. Our children got itchy feet after finishing their meals and played around and under the table as kids do, all staff were friendly and very welcoming to us dispite our children getting in their way at times! A lovely surprise of a huge slice of cheesecake with Happy Birthday and a candle on too for my husband to top it off. Fantastic, succulent meats and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Food was fantastic and cooked to perfection. Service was quick and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedbobbyDined on 21/8/2014I was impressed with the food especially, very high standard. Not cheap but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracy BenjaminHungryhoundDined on 18/8/2014It was my first visit to this branch of Goodman's and it certainly won't be my last. either! The food and service were outstanding and it was a great atmosphere. I would highly recommended it for all important occasions and the odd moment of indulgence!Special Features:
- Late night dinnerGemmaBVIPDined on 15/8/2014Had a fabulous Friday night dinner here. amazing burgers and great vibe. Expensive but it's the city...
- peevedpeasDined on 15/8/2014Disappointing, expensive and not spectacular. Had wine, lobster bisque, foie gras, truffle fries (barely any truffle) and two steaks. Lobster bisque was too salty and too rich Pan fried foie gras not crispy enough on the sides Steaks came in huge portions, thick, but wasn't great. Service was so-soSpecial Features:
- Expensive for a steakJCBARGRILLDined on 13/8/2014You know what you are getting with this place, great steak YES but at a price. Its VERY expensive for what it is, but its always full so they must be doing something right. Would you pay out of your own hard earned cash to eat there? Definitely not. There are far better places to eat. But convenience and the high standards set means it will always be full up. Dont let the price put you off if you are being entertained.Special Features:
- I like this place, but...BeechsideDined on 12/8/2014...its getting as pricey as anything for some quite average meat on occasion. great setting & service, but a bit hit & miss when I've been
- Still the best steak in the CityHT11Dined on 8/8/2014It simply is the best steak restaurant in the city. Compared to Mayfair there are some optimizations possible: Atmosphere lacks the Goodman style, carrots (side) are not properly glazed, bar space is not comfy, meat selection by 9.30 quite reducedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.