11 Old Jewry
London, EC2R 8DUNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 02076008220x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Steak
- Executive Chef: Oliver Bird
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar
A word from Goodman City
Goodman specialises in steak. Our chefs source the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic – from USDA ‘Prime’ corn-fed herds to grass-fed Scottish beef, grain-fed Irish Angus and rare breed Belted Galloway from Devon – to present a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill. All of our meat is matured on-site – you can see it for yourself in our glass-walled dry-ageing room – then we cook it over charcoal for a fabulously smoky flavour. Couple that with one of London’s largest collections of American red wine and you’ve a match made in carnivore heaven. Our City of London venue is just round the corner from the Bank of England.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Goodman City - Best restaurants in Bank ›
Goodman City reviews from OpenTable diners
346 reviews since 4 June 2014
business meals (251)special occasions (143)fit for foodies (126)group bookings (80)romance (37)pre/post theatre (15)sunday lunch (14)brunch (13)outstanding value (9)child friendly (7)disabled access (7)outdoor eating (2)good vegetarian options (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Too noisyGrumpyOfBradfieldDined on 26/9/2014Excellent food but far too noisy. I think the lack of any noise absorption in the ceiling almost amplifies peoples voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadieswholunchDined on 26/9/2014As soon as I walked through the rather impressive doors I knew I was going to enjoy eating there. It's a beautiful building with shades of yesteryear. The tables were not too close to your neighbours, nothing worse than listening into other peoples conversations unless,that it you are unlucky in your choice of dining companion. I wasn't I am glad to say. The staff were extremely attentive but not overbearing. Informative and helpful with the wine and the cuts of meat available. I started with tempura king prawns - delicious and my fillet was cooked to perfection and so tenders. However that was enough- sadly I had no room for their amazing deserts. But I will definitely be returning to sample all 3 courses next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbttDined on 23/9/2014Perfect steaks , friendly serice , wine list a little over pricedSpecial Features:
- Not for vegetariansSHIMVIPDined on 19/9/2014I know it's a steak place but I think it was a bit much to ask for my vegetarian selection 24hrs prior to dining. I could chose between pasta and rice and that was it. Went for the pasta and it was undercooked and the taste was below average. We also felt it was too loud in there so conversation could only be had screaming at each other.
- Another mind blowing steak!!LovedUpDined on 18/9/2014Where do i start, this place is brilliant, it’s the second time we have been here and the food just gets better and better! The knowledge of our waiter was incredible! He knew about all the different cuts, the breads of cow and what they liked to eat. We had a 900 gram bone in Rib eye to share between 2 people and it literally melted in your mouth. The truffle chips and creamed spinach were both excellent too! A truly fantastic evening at a great restaurant! Can’t wait to go back again!!Special Features:
- StrandStuStrandStuDined on 8/9/2014Good table by the window; attentive waiter with good expalnation of dishes; good food but rather expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - 10/10FridayfunDined on 5/9/2014its a favorite of mine - this place never fails the place its just the best in my view if you are a meat eater. 10 out 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and creamy spinachJHSWDined on 5/9/2014The steak was juicy and good. But the creamy spinach side dish was heavenly. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- juicy delicious steakyomamaDined on 4/9/2014on arrival the waitress brought us two glasses of champagne as she knew it was our wedding anniversary which was a nice touch. Love the blackboard of special cuts...we choose the aged rib eye which was cooked to perfection medium rare juicy bloody lots of flavour. The entree was average but the sides were delicious...crispy chips and truffle oil, creamy macaroni and cheese with truffle, ...highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food and Service is always goodFoodieVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food and service is always consistently good. Will keep going backSpecial Features:
- Quality in the CityChiswellDinerDined on 4/9/2014If you like steaks then you will love Goodmans. More class than other South American themed steak chains. There are also lots of booths and round tables ideal for business groups.Special Features:
- Good food but not for the priceMarekcyclistDined on 2/9/2014I had the rib eye, I was not that impressed with the quality of the cut, quite a lot of grissle and it just wasn't as nice as many other of the big name steak houses I have been to, where I normally have a rib eye. My colleague had the fillet and to be fair that did look pretty good. Chips were ok but at £5 for about 15 fat chips they should be amazing. I always assess a meal based on whether I would go back to the restaurant again and spend my own cash, and I am afraid that I felt that Goodmans was not one that I would go back to. We had a bottle of average Malbec at £42. The overall cost of a meal for two, we had starter, mains and one desert and two coffees came in at just over £170 which I did not feel was good value for money.Special Features:
- Meat Amazing - Service AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014The quality of the meat is the best I have ever tasted. The salad's however are not as good (but I guess don't go to a meat restaurant and order salad!) For example one of the startes is literally a bowl of tomatos! Chips were ok but not great, but I have not had a better steak in London! Service was poor, the waiter swere attentive on drinks but that was it. They even started taken plates of food away when people hadn't finished their meal!Special Features:
- Simply the best!MuffinDined on 29/8/2014Superb service only topped by the finest steak I've ever eaten. The choice is wide and the quality of the steak perfectly matched by the selected side dishes. Go for the salt and truffle oil chips for a truly memorable accompaniment to any dish!Special Features:
- Exceptional steak in American styleUKLADined on 29/8/2014Outstanding range of steak, including USDA aged in their own ageing room. Also a large range of simple but delicious sides. All dishes prepared in the American style - thick cut and heavily seasoned - so not for the faint-hearted or salt sensitive. If you want high quality steak, aged and cooked to perfection, this is the place. Service also superb - knowledgeable and efficient. Mostly a business clientele in the week but still very accommodating of our family party, including young children.Special Features:
- gone down hill.LadyGagaDined on 28/8/2014I used to love this place - steak was always good. Service was excellent. But my visit last week was a disappointment - steak must have poorly seasoned during cooking thus tasted pretty average . Service was also very average if poor . As a former regular I may gravitate more towards the Hawksmoor which has proved more consistent over the years - when you're spending £250 on lunch it has to be half decent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodmans ExcellentFoodie74Dined on 27/8/2014I'll be honest, I had never heard of Goodmans until late July 2014. However, after going there I was not only blown away by the food, the service was quick and efficient. In my opinion...perfect. My sirloin steak was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great streak!!ClubSandwichandMayoDined on 27/8/2014Does what it says on the tin. Very good venue and dining experience for a meat-eating business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAusEatersDined on 22/8/2014We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 and 4 adults for my husbands birthday. Ordered a platter of 4 different meats and fish and chips and a few sides. The waitress Mirka came over to explain which was which when she realised the kitchen got the order mixed up and gave us a wrong cut. She immediately got them to cook us our order so we had so much meat! Lucky our husbands are big eaters. Our children got itchy feet after finishing their meals and played around and under the table as kids do, all staff were friendly and very welcoming to us dispite our children getting in their way at times! A lovely surprise of a huge slice of cheesecake with Happy Birthday and a candle on too for my husband to top it off. Fantastic, succulent meats and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Food was fantastic and cooked to perfection. Service was quick and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedbobbyDined on 21/8/2014I was impressed with the food especially, very high standard. Not cheap but worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracy BenjaminHungryhoundDined on 18/8/2014It was my first visit to this branch of Goodman's and it certainly won't be my last. either! The food and service were outstanding and it was a great atmosphere. I would highly recommended it for all important occasions and the odd moment of indulgence!Special Features:
- Late night dinnerGemmaBVIPDined on 15/8/2014Had a fabulous Friday night dinner here. amazing burgers and great vibe. Expensive but it's the city...
- peevedpeasDined on 15/8/2014Disappointing, expensive and not spectacular. Had wine, lobster bisque, foie gras, truffle fries (barely any truffle) and two steaks. Lobster bisque was too salty and too rich Pan fried foie gras not crispy enough on the sides Steaks came in huge portions, thick, but wasn't great. Service was so-soSpecial Features:
- Expensive for a steakJCBARGRILLDined on 13/8/2014You know what you are getting with this place, great steak YES but at a price. Its VERY expensive for what it is, but its always full so they must be doing something right. Would you pay out of your own hard earned cash to eat there? Definitely not. There are far better places to eat. But convenience and the high standards set means it will always be full up. Dont let the price put you off if you are being entertained.Special Features:
- Still the best steak in the CityHT11Dined on 8/8/2014It simply is the best steak restaurant in the city. Compared to Mayfair there are some optimizations possible: Atmosphere lacks the Goodman style, carrots (side) are not properly glazed, bar space is not comfy, meat selection by 9.30 quite reducedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingOmNomNomNomNomDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had dinner here at 8pm on a Friday, we were seated quickly, ambience was very good, decor was apt for the style and location. The staff were brilliant and were very attentive. We both had fillet steak and chunky fries, the food was fantastic. Although reasonably expensive, you really get what you pay for. Great wine, amazing food, we will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Best steak we've had?LovedUpDined on 7/8/2014Went with my husband and another couple. We often go out for steak together and this was our first time at Goodmans. The steak was delicious, as were the sides (the truffle chips were very popular) and the staff were really knowledgeable. I think its safe to say we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionlovesteakDined on 6/8/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and Goodmans made us feel like it was an extra special occasion they could not have been nicer and i have already and will continue to recommend them to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankersPeteDined on 6/8/2014Excellent quality food albeit with the wine on the price side. Service a bit sporadic given most people have limited time for lunch these daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for steak lovers!LadymamaVIPDined on 4/8/2014Very swanky seats and surroundings. Superb service and very knowledgable waitress. Steak was lovely..I ordered the Australian fillet medium rare which came out very tender and flavorful. The others that came with me ordered theirs medium done but all were a little bit too done so not as juicy!! The sides were delicious but I felt a little pricey. Saying that though I will definetly go again for a birthday or celebration! The bread basket is worth coming back for!! ( love the salty type crackers!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFKJFK423Dined on 23/7/2014Food was lovely. The steak was so amazing. It's the best amongst all other steak houses. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Greatest chipsEnfieldrangerDined on 23/7/2014Great service, great meat, greatest chips Only second time we've been there but becoming our favourite steaks in LondonSpecial Features:
- Great SteakTigerVIPDined on 23/7/2014Great steak, good atmosphere and good service. Good for business meetingsSpecial Features:
- BobbymacDined on 22/7/2014Also good food and top service. Best steaks in LondonSpecial Features:
- Goodman CityAssetloverDined on 22/7/2014Having enjoyed some excellent meals in Londons finest and a few across the pond I was surprised that I had never been to Goodmans. SOS Hawksmoor Gaucho all do well but hats off to the crew at Goodmans its a great mix of service and quality. Its hard to imagine better anywhere and if you go do give yourself enough time and check your card limit headroom ! ouch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnervenuejmaccelariDined on 21/7/2014If you're looking for a good steak, Goodman is an excellent choice. The decor is simple, but the effective. The restaurant is clean. The tables are a little too close for an intimate evening. This is more a business venue. The service is slick and efficient, the food top notch. It's an upper tier steak restaurant, so that's what we tried. I had the king prawn starter which was served on a lightly flavoured sauce and a reasonable portion. I ordered the fillet (they don't have a rump option) blue. My partner the same, but well done. Both were delivered done to perfection. The vegetable sides we ordered were both delicious. This is not a cheap joint, but the service and food mean it is worth it. Service at 12.5% is charged.Special Features:
- The best steak restaurant in LondonJamesDined on 18/7/2014Wide range of cuts but I highly recommend the black label steak. If you love your steak you must try Goodman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodpricelangDined on 15/7/2014We skipped starters and I opted for the 150 day corn-fed fillet steak which was absolutely delicious and melted in my mouth! Side dishes were fantastic too particularly the courgettes with mint. Service was really good too shall definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- alexDined on 15/7/2014food was very good, service was ok but faded towards the end, but we were given a terrible table just by the kitchen with all the noise and all the waiters whizzing by us non stop. it was the only table in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.