Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's
London, W1K 4HRNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £41 and over
Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges
- Phone: 02074990099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Lunch: 12pm - 2.45pm
Dinner: 5.45pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 5.45pm - 11pm
Lunch: 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: 6pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Simon Gregory
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Relax in one of the Art Deco salons adjoining the restaurant for a small private gathering or open up the salons as one large private dining room for parties of up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining 02075921373
A word from Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's
The stunning Art Deco interior of Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's defines glamour and style. The splendid surroundings are complemented by impeccable service whilst the modern European menu showcases the finest seasonal ingredients expertly cooked and beautifully presented. Relax in one of the Art Deco salons adjoining the restaurant for a small private gathering or open up the salons as one large private dining room for parties of up to 60 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last night at Claridge'sAdeleluveatingDined on 30/6/2013The food was absolutely gorgeous and couldn't complain about any of it at all, there were just a couple of little things which spoiled the evening slightly. I ordered a vodka and lemonade, then a lemonade on its own and the total for my 2 drinks was just under £18.00. £5.50 for a lemonade was ridiculous, considering my husband was drinking lager at £5.00 per drink. How can this be justified? Mmmmm. Also, there was a £23.00 service charge and a £2.00 per person charge for sitting on the dining floor! It was my husbands 40th birthday and they presented him with a menu as a keepsake (all lovely, although they wrote Darren instead of Dylan on it). A very nice evening, but non-alcoholic drink priced way above alcoholic is just ridiculous to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last day at ClaridgesSranflaherty2001Dined on 30/6/2013A wonderful way to finish my love affair with Ramsay at Claridges. Been a number of times over the years and each time fell more in love with the hotel and the amaizng restaurant. Always wonderful service and fantastic food. last visit had to be the beef wellington for two for main course and what a way to finish. Thankyou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHopedDined on 29/6/2013Fantastic experience with fabulous food and service and i cannot fault any part of the restaurant, service, staff or food seeing as this was a special occasion for my husbands birthday. It was very good value for the whole evening including the lovely surprise of a birthday cake. The service was impeccable from as soon as we arrived as everyone was so friendly and always smiling. I was a little apprehensive as I had not experienced fine dining before but have to say that the relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant and pleasant staff soon put me at ease. This was a very pleasurable experience and one that I will be doing again soon. Thank you for making this a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Claridges AnniversaryGregArthurDined on 29/6/2013Absolutely fantastic dinner for our 6th anniversary. Probably the best meal I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceEmmaDined on 29/6/2013The food was very nice. The restaurant was quite cramped and the decor was not to my taste. The service was mixed. The waiters serving the food were fine but I had an empty glass for a lot of the meal and had to wait for my food to be served to ask for a drink.
- First anniversaryAspecialdinnerDined on 29/6/2013We came in London for our first anniversary. We decided to book a table to Gordon Ramsey at Claridge. We found a piece of heaven. We found an happy and kindly staff. We had one of our most good lunch in life. Nice and funny the fizzing Apple jelly with vanilla cream and lime spuma. Fantastic the anniversary surprise they did for us (a Little cupcake in a dish with the writing "happy anniversary". What to say more? Thank you guys from two italian and happy housband and housband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just wonderfulCecileDined on 29/6/2013everything was perfect, the food, the service, the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happendssumaDined on 28/6/2013We realy looking forward for an excellent evening with excellent food and services. We order the 5 course menu and everthing was perfect until it was time for the dessert! I looks like our table just dispear for the staff...... We had to vait more then an our before we could ordered the desserts - not acceptable for a restaurant like this! The feeling was a liitle bit that the excellent food miss a litlle bit of its taste.....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fantastic experiencelondonblkmDined on 28/6/2013Gordon Ramsey @ Claridge's is simply an experience. With attentive staff and divine food all within an opulent 1920's decor. It is one which I recommend to all who can.Special Features:
- Slow serviceTerriDined on 28/6/2013The slowest meal I have ever had! Food was very good and I enjoyed my lamb. Half an hour between tiny courses, I could feel myself aging inbetween
- Very goodSamHanDined on 27/6/2013Me and my partner had the prestige menu and the food was stunning. The house white wine is also very nice and at only £25 a bottle was very good value. The meal wasn't cheap but on the whole the food and the service was excellent. The one minor negative being that for the pre-desert/cheese course, my cheese selection came about 15-20 minutes before my partners pre-desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Course Lunch with wineClassyCoupleDined on 27/6/2013Absolute excellent lunch, beautiful venue, service was spot on and food amazing, definitely will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of the pastScotsteveDined on 27/6/2013Having a leisurely lunch here was a most enjoyable experience with outstanding service , a throwback to a bygone era It was a little pricey but overall I would say the experience made up for thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service without a smileSmudgeDined on 27/6/2013A business lunch is normally within a shorter timeframe than a dinner. We asked for a lunch to last 90 minutes. The service was in attentive and slack. Lots of waiting staff who never tried to be energetic or helpful and then when we paid the bill the receipt was thrown down in a fashion intending to be rude and dismissive. Ghastly service!
- Sad endcrickersDined on 26/6/2013The service was appalling and one waiter smelt of BO. When they brought the soup only two could be bothered to take the covers off the others had to do their own. No sense of theatre. The food was mediocre to say the least and the wines, whilst good were totally over priced for what they were. I think a 5 times mark up from the online price is a rip off. Gordon Ramsey is leaving Claridges and I have to say it isn't a moment too soon. He should be ashamed with what was dished up to us the other night. Boring and pretty tasteless food and the chocolate bomb - the signature dessert had chunks of chocolate and Crunchie thrown in the middle . GR has definitely lost his glitter and that's just how we felt when we left - deflated and tired.
- U r too good GordonKazupauDined on 26/6/2013Booked the restaurant before heading to London and set the address directly by clicking via the confirmation mail got from booking at the calendar. Showed the taxi driver the address but oh no...wrong address! We we're somewhere at new street square! Nothing but asked the driver to drive us to claridge. Traffic jam at Oxford st. so got off the taxi n ran...5-10min late n restaurant told us "sorry u r late so the table was taken by others" ! Flying so many hours+taxi fee+ran with sweat but no seats?! Very upsad but tried to wait n luckily we got a table after 10min! Food, atmosphere was good, u r too good Gordon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceFacilitiesDined on 26/6/2013This is my 5th visit and the food was excellent, service was very slow though. My seat was resting on a piece of flooring which moved everytime somebody walked past which was a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class experienceAnneDined on 26/6/2013I attended Claridges Wednesday July 26th at 12.30 hrs with six friends we found the service... food and the overall experience excellent.Special Features:
- Recommended with CaveatsLondonFoodHound2013Dined on 24/6/2013Everyone should eat once at GR Claridges. Therefore, go and enjoy. Suggest ala cart as the tasting was poorly timed and no wine pairings offered. Two of our tasting dishes were a disappointment. Overlooked and delivered late (self-explanatory). Also, plates were cold with warm food on them. Eat fast or food goes cold from plate. Decent wine selection but no Sommelier. Odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, the service canflavDined on 24/6/2013Good food, the service can be a little bit slow if you ask for more bread, but it is a very good value for moneySpecial Features:
- OverratedMCHENDined on 23/6/2013We have dined at quite a few Michelin star restaurant in and outside of the UK and spotted those Michelin restaurants which are worth the hype and those which are simply overrated. Unfortunately Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's falls into the latter category. The food was really mediocre (especially when we were just back from Onyx restaurant at budapest), the service was good and attentive (which should be the case in all Michelin restaurants) and the restaurant was really dark. However considering the fact that it is leaving Claridge's by the end of this month, I will say if you have spare £200, you should take your loved ones there just for the experience. But honestly I think you can find so many other better and cheaper alternatives in townSpecial Features:
- not good enoughdanceDined on 23/6/2013could not believe how poor the service was- so disappointing to book and to come from Australia and not be looked after by the staff. Our wait staff were totally disinterested- could nt get a drink, waited 30 mins before someone went past so l could ask for the bill.
- Sunday lunchnisteDined on 23/6/2013We enjoyed our lunch very much! The food was great, and the service as well! The price for a three meal course was good, but we think you could have some wine on your menu that was a bit cheaper. But, a great experience!Special Features:
- DisappointingSilverFox1Dined on 22/6/2013As part of a celebration for my wife's birthday we had dinner on Saturday night with another couple. Lovely ambiance and great service but food was ridiculously salty so much so that we all felt uncomfortable . Such a shame as the food itself was good quality and generally well prepared. I discussed my concerns with the manager who was most courteous and made a very generous offer to compensate, but felt that people had different ideas on taste. 4/4 of us felt the same so I am not sure about that.Special Features:
- GladCareyIndoorsDined on 22/6/2013Daughters bought us a £200 voucher for our 25th. Almost left it too late, but went last Saturday. Once you take for granted the Claridge's prices will be be far higher than one is used to and just accept it, you can have a lovely time. The service was brilliant, being waited on hand and foot by an array of waiters, head waiters, wine waiters, tray carriers and servers who knew what they were talking about was a fantastic experience. The food appeared not to be in quantity. However, when leaving Claridges I was really bloated, the initial assuption was gravely erroroneous. The quality was exceptional. The Beef Wellington was to die for. Appeared to be a popular choice. Would sure go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentJojoVIPDined on 21/6/2013I have always wanted to go to Claridge's and I have booked this table two months in advance. After watching the programme on BBC, I expected outstanding service and amazing food. However, I did not get what I expected. The menu is limited to tasting or a 3 course meal. There is a wide range of selection. For starters, I had black truffle risotto with aged parmesan. This seemed strange as it is June... Nevertheless, this restaurant is extremely average. It was as if they did not want to put in any effort since it's closing soon.Special Features:
- We had dinner here for mySarahDined on 21/6/2013We had dinner here for my daughters 18th Birthday and everything could not have been better. Everyone was so friendly and the food was excellent. To top it all off we had a tour of the kitchens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantroadskyDined on 21/6/2013We took our children for lunch. It is a very nice practice for them to learn table manners. We were very excited to have lunch there. The appetizer was excellent, but the main was too salty for us. We were hoping to feel more delicate taste of each dish. Desserts were too sweet too. Tea was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningonceinalifetimedinnerDined on 20/6/2013It was an absolute fantastic dinner with so much more than we expected. We were able to try numerous dishes that were sent from the kitchen and the staff was very helpful in making sure that my mother-in-law was able to have vegetarian dishes. I was floored by the tour through the kitchen and the time they spent showing us around and answering questions. It was an experience to last a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great service.SmithyDined on 20/6/2013Fantastic food and great service. Shame it is closing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dayBeccysocksDined on 20/6/2013I was given lunch at claridges as a gift at Christmas, booking was easy, the staff were very helpful and on the day the whole experience was a real treat. I will definitely come back again. The staff serving were very good, but there was a lot of staff bickering in the restaurant which as a customer I would not expect to be aware of. I assess qualifications in the hospitality industry so am probably tuned in to noticing these things, but i would expect this to take place behind the scenes. It did not distract from the overall experience however, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment. I expectedTablefor1Dined on 19/6/2013What a disappointment. I expected so much and received so little. Service was the worst I experienced during my two weeks in London. Service staff stood around laughing and chatting in a very quiet dining room with few guests. Terribly unprofessional and something I would never have expected at a restaurant of this caliber. While the dishes were nicely presented, they were not memorable. After this dining experience, everything else in the city was positive.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable lunchCarolDined on 19/6/2013This was my fourth visit, and was a very enjoyable experience, as before. The food and service was excellent and very good value for money. I wanted to experience Gordon Ramsay at Claridges before the restaurant closes at the end of June, and it did not disappoint. The lunchtime menu is delicious. The only disappointment is that it was for the last time as I love the ambience of Claridges, and this restaurant is very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch in stylish environs!ReagalDined on 19/6/2013We came to Gordon Ramsey's for my mother's birthday. We had the £30 3 course set lunch which was great value. 2 of the 3 of us are vegetarian and so we had a separate menu for our requirements, which is the reason we booked the restaurant. We were all suitably impressed with the quality of the food, which included an extra 'pre-starter'! The service was excellent - my mother was made to feel special, and we felt very well looked after overall. The restaurant itself is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable MealLuckyDined on 18/6/2013As it is Claridge's, we thought we would have to be very formal. But actually we really enjoyed ourselves and relax. The staff were excellent in services and quite friendly and that made us more relax to be there. We had three course meal lunch, and the menu choices is very well set. The rack of lamb was fantastic and we just love the white chocolate creme bulee. We will definitely go back again, and will bring our friends along next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dinner as a married coupleZekeDined on 17/6/2013We had our first dinner as a married couple in London on our honeymoon and Ramseys was all and more. The service was wonderful and our waitress just so happened to be from Spain. That was our next stop and she provided us with advice on how to tour the city of Barcelona. My haddock was great and my wife had a delicious lamb. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing night here2dineDined on 15/6/2013Had an amazing night here could not fault any thing the service was great must give a special mention to our waiter Sam who was excellent!!! The atmosphere was really good and everyone was very friendly. Food was amzing and everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great! Really dissapointed this place is closing soon i would have come back here many times in the future but glad i got to visit once so thank you to everyone of the team at Gordon Ramsey at claridges for an amazing night you were great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5* service at a 5* restaurantDan101Dined on 15/6/2013Amazing food, service and ambience. Some of the best food that I have ever eaten and the birthday cake surprise was lovely too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional evening at Claridge's.AllegriaDined on 14/6/2013One always has expectations, from the lowest of the low or the highest of the high. What Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's succeeded in doing was smashing those expectations to pieces and exceeding them in a way we didn't think was possible. The service was simply faultless. The attention to detail a delight. The monkfish was cooked to perfection; the duck exquisite, the soufflé a joy & the chocolate globe simply luxurious. Did we mention all the other bits? No, we don't need to. They simply added to the evening of expectations not only met and matched, but exceeded by a mile! A good measure of a good day or night is when it is over too soon. This was one of those days. We simply blinked and found ourselves, 3 hours later, saying goodbye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday everJacob2IdaDined on 14/6/2013The staff was aware of my birthday and they made me feel special from my entrance to the end of dinner.Special Features: