34 Lupus Street
London, SW1V 3EBNeighbourhood:
SpanishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goyarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02079765309
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar
A word from Goya Pimlico
Very popular Spanish restaurant in Pimlico. Extremely pretty with friendly staff, jolly atmosphere and lots of delicious tapas. Attracts politicos and business types for lunch and more locals at the weekend. Also good for groups and you can sit outside in the summer. What's cooking? Squid in ink sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Goya Pimlico reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since 24 October 2013
group bookings (14)outdoor eating (10)good vegetarian options (9)romance (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasions (8)outstanding value (7)pre/post theatre (7)business meals (7)sunday lunch (5)child friendly (3)brunch (2)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Great stuffhelenaofTroyDined on 15/10/2014Lovely food, wonderful service and a great mix of old London/Barcelona in the atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Birthday treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Took my girlfriend to Goya for a birthday lunch. Service was friendly, food was amazing and the general vibe in the restaurent was lovely and authentic. I was very shocked when receiving the bill and seeing how low the overall price was! Amazing lunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic tapasgourmetteVIPDined on 6/10/2014Goya is a very authentic tapas bar, much larger than you might think as there is a large basement area as well as the cosy upstairs area. Upstairs is very bustling, great atmosphere. Downstairs is a little more relaxed as the tables are well spaced out. Great food and really good service.Special Features:
- Great tapas foodraspDined on 4/10/2014Really enjoyed our tapas meals with very good quality and cosy atmosphere. Value for money.Special Features:
- Mixed TapasHEVS01VIPDined on 26/8/2014We had the tapas. Some of it (the Meatballs, the chorizo in red wine) was excellent; some of it ( the croquettes) was good, some (the quail) was not so good. But the wine was excellent. Overall I would visit here again - the service was impeccable and the downstairs restaurant is fairly cosy, though it was a quiet night and on a busier night I imagine it's quite lively.Special Features:
- Great food value and serviceSimeywimeyDined on 7/8/2014Packed with happy diners and a steady flow of quality tapas. Definitely worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Goya PimlicoYasmeenDined on 21/6/2014Goya in Pimlico never fails to hit the mark. Lovely Spanish tapas, great wine list and friendly service. A firm favourite which never fails to deliver.Special Features:
- Tip added to bill NO WARNING!Lani14Dined on 19/4/2014I rate the service as it was difficult to understand the waiter and we had to repeat any questions we had regarding food and wine. also, I did not like at all that a 10 percent tip for service was manually writen on bill. The waiter actually crossed out the word 'not' on the bill in the phrae ''service is not included on bill'. Did not like this at all and as result will not be back. I asked waiter about this and he said I did not have to pay but I feel it is very poor service to add this to bill when it is to stated on menu gratuity is automatically added. I paid the tip. Also, we were only a party of two people. I could maybe understand if a large party. Overall, I thought this was completely inappropriate and VERY tacky service.
- Distinctly uninspiringKouneliDined on 4/4/2014Nonchalant service, unseasoned food; a very bland and uninspiring experience overall. The only surprise was just how much the bill came too. Doubt we'll ever return.
- Nice foodJSMartinDined on 27/3/2014We had a lovely evening at Goya last week, the food was awesome and the value for money is great. atmosphere wise, not the greatest as no music is herd and lighting is not so good, but the food they give and being well accompanied would soon make you forget about those small details. will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good traditional Spanish RestaurantCloudskimmerDined on 7/2/2014We used to eat here 18 years ago when we lived nearby and I had just studied Spanish. It hasn't changed! Good traditional food and wine offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goya has been my favouriteMartinaDined on 25/1/2014Goya has been my favourite local restaurant for the past 25 years and it is still going strong! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goya, PimlicoElnlnbndDined on 13/1/2014Fantastic restaurant. Friendly staff, attentive service, great menu with food living up to your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at GoyaSootyDined on 12/12/2013The standards are being maintained at Goya - excellent food and service. Well worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceNesFinDined on 16/11/2013I was expecting quite a lot based on the previous reviews but this restaurant really let me down. I went there on a Saturday night and the place was half empty, service was poor and did not come with a smile. Food varied - tortilla con salmon turned out to be an omelette (!), chorizo and the meatballs were almost like "inflated" (very watery) and tasteless. Having said that the prawns and stuffed aubergines were delicious. Weirdest thing was though the bill - the staff had manually entered a 10% service charge - is it even legal to do so? Would not recommend this place - poor service and the food was not even close to authentic or taste particularly good
- Went to Goya for Sunday lunchMLYAUDined on 3/11/2013Went to Goya for Sunday lunch having passed by it many times and it always being busy. Ordered a selection of tapas to share - food was ok - nothing outstanding, decent sized portions and served fairly quickly (although could be partly as they were not dishes which were freshly prepared per order)
- Spanish TapasFoodDined on 28/10/2013We enjoyed a fantastic authentic Tapas meal. Portions were generous and staff attentive and friendly throughout. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the Goya Pimlico reviews archive.
- Consistently Gooddht09VIPDined on 17/10/2013It's a local favourite and never fails to please. For a more informal dining experience, go to the tapas bar upstairs, but there's a large restaurants in the vaults too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, great tapas, good valueRLandPTDined on 11/10/2013We sat in the basement restaurant which was buzzing with cheery diners. Despite the crowd though our food came promptly and was excellent. Among the generous-sized plates, some of the freshest and tenderest octopus I have had. This is old-school tapas done very well by a staff that obviously cares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GROUP VISITLmvpottedp1Dined on 18/9/2013The staff at Goya were welcoming and attentive but not overwhelmingly so. The service was prompt. The portions are large, well cooked and presented and very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late summer evening tapasRORDHDined on 23/8/2013We had a lovely dinner, sitting outside in the late August warmth. We over ordered as usual, but every dish was delicious. The Spanish rice in particular. The wine was lovely and service good. Even with coffee and extras, the meal was great value.Special Features:
- Tapas in PimlicokevinoVIPDined on 4/8/2013A good selection of Tapas and a lovely jug of Sangria, Efficient friendly service and reasonable prices. Ideal Sunday lunch before a visit to Tate Britain.
- A very pleasent experienceEsseMVIPDined on 21/7/2013A very pleasent experience was enjoyed at the Goya, Pimlico when dining as a group of four. We received a warm welcome and received very good service throughout. We all enjoyed sharing our tasty tapas and we were mostly pleased with our choices. A word of warning: a lot of plates arrived accompanied by 'patatas'. We also ordered 'patatas' seperately! Check with your server before ordering 'patatas'. They may not be necessary! Bottle of red, 9 plates, bread, desserts and coffee about £25 a head inc tip.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemfoodie44Dined on 5/7/2013Really enjoyed the food - great casual Friday night meal! They were packed, but the staff was friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go back to Goya.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty authentic tapas in pimlicoEddLDined on 5/7/2013This is the second time we have been to Goya and it didn't disappoint. Good value, authentic and tasty tapas. The atmosphere is great too, always full and buzzy. Friendly service. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchKattiesDined on 3/7/2013I thought we would have a table in the dining room when I booked, instead we were at a bar table which was fine. The tapas were very good and 5 was more than enough for 2 people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit to GoyaacbmDined on 27/6/2013Went for lunch. Didn't think the food was quite as well prepared as my last visit but would give them another go.
- Authentic tapas and friendly atmosEddLDined on 5/6/2013Can't believe we've lived in Pimlico for nearly 5 years and never been to Goya. It's well regarded and I can see why. It servers very authentic and tasty tapas for a good price and the portion sizes are not disappointing as with many tapas restaurants around town. The atmosphere is very firendly and again authentic to that of the bustling tapas bars in Spain. Some good wines on the menu too. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good but not greatWadsDined on 23/5/2013We booked on a Wednesday evening and by 9:30pm the place was mainly empty so it was quiet. The service was very fast and friendly. The starters were large so don't allow yourself to over order!.... I had a wild mushroom and octapus starter while my wife had cold quail..... my dish was very tasty but the mushrooms were soaked in oil so a bit too filling and greasy to finish.... the octapus was very well cooked as were the handful of king prawns that came with it. The quail was also a tad on the oily side but my wife enjoyed it. Main courses were paella which was really good with a nice selection of seafood (clams, squid, mussels, prawns, langustine, and white fish) and chicken. Overall a nice filling meal but a bit heavy on the oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value in PimlicoladieswholunchDined on 11/5/2013We have been here many times before. Always great food with a good choice range.The food is freshly cooked and speedily delivered to the table. The atmosphere is perfect for lunch or dinner with friends. A great wine choice tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had funmihaDined on 5/5/2013We sometime go and eat this restaurant . As usual every foods are fab. Especially this seaseon a many people enjoy Sangria so did I.Special Features:
- Tasty Tapas with Good ServiceHungryLauraDined on 3/5/2013Whilst the room in the basement lacks something in charm the great food and attentive staff made for a relaxing Friday evening dinner. We ordered our tapas in batches of two and were not rushed or pushed into ordering more food. All the dishes we ordered both tasted and looked good and were served in quite generous portions. The waiter was helpful with choosing wine. A food value dinner option.Special Features:
- A neighbourhood gemwilwVIPDined on 3/5/2013We dined al fresco facing a busy road but surounded by regulars. It was like being in the Costa del Sol - Local flavour with warm loquacious Brits drinking, eating and celebrating. We had a man celebrating his 90th serenading us with Frank Sinatra tunes after dinner and regaling us with his stories. The food was uniformly excellent and service prompt and friendly. I like it. You are made to feel like a regular by the regulars and by the staff. it was busy without the need to vacate your table. My second visit and it won't be my last.Special Features:
- Good wine, decent tapas.BillBDined on 28/4/2013Reserved a table in the restaurant but when we found it was in the basement, we decided to eat upstairs in the wine bar. Had an excellent bottle of Rioja Reserva and half a dozen tapas dishes. All pretty good except for artichoke and serrano ham dish which was dry and pretty tasteless.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!CavyVIPDined on 22/4/2013I have been here one evening before and had a delightful meal. This time I met two friends for lunch,the service was slow and not friendly,food bland and we left some and to crown it all we were charged £1.50 each for the bread basket...£4.50 for 6 half slices of bread? I did not make a fuss as we were having a good catch up, but sadly I will not be going there again. Please take note whoever runs this place.
- OKJiggsyboyVIPDined on 13/4/2013Popped into Goya for a quick tapas on the way home. The food was pretty average although nothing was very expensive, so I wasn't too taken aback.Special Features:
- Lunchtime visit to GoyaacbmDined on 11/4/2013This was my first visit and in comparision to other tapas places I have been to, all the dishes we had were good and served in generous portions. It was reasonably priced and I'd certainly visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding!MeriDined on 28/3/2013The food was outstanding! I loved their chicken croquettes and manchega cheese (starters). The steak was delicious too! I'm definitely going back there!
- Goya PimlicoDaveHDined on 24/3/2013After the sad demise of the New King's Road and Wigmore Street branches of La Rueda, I was delighted to find their menu alive and well at Goya. We enjoyed a leisurely 4 hour lunch without being rushed. Great lamb cutlets and the large praws were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantarchieDined on 1/3/2013a nice pleasant place to eat.good service with a smile and tasty food, sangria was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.