42-44 Great Windmill Street
London, W1D 7NBNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grace-bar.co.uk/
- Phone: 02078510800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sun 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Sun 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: background music/ club and lounge bar with DJs
- Special Events: Restaurant can seat 220 people
A word from Grace
Sleek and sexy, this brand new restaurant in Piccadilly is part lounge, part futuristic 007 set which caters for everything from business breakfasts to leisurely lunches and late night soirees. The black, white and chrome cocktail bar is a super-stylish spot for blow-out parties and office dos, and the warm and earthy West End dining room is perfect for pre-theatre dining. Popular with a beautiful crowd of schmoozers and supermodel-esque fashionistas, Grace is the hottest new venue in the capital to sip and be seen and the affordable modern British menu includes classics such as the luxe tiger beer-battered fish and chunky chips with fresh tartare and mushy peas served in paper.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since 23 May 2014
pre/post theatre (36)group bookings (26)outstanding value (19)special occasions (16)brunch (11)business meals (8)fit for foodies (6)romance (6)sunday lunch (5)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (3)good vegetarian options (2)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- great place in the heart of soholetthegoodtimesrollDined on 13/9/2014We had an early booking pre theatre. The décor is great. The bar was quite lively even at 1730 but the noise level in the restaurant was lower which was nice so that we could talk easily. Food was delicious and very good value for the location. Service was very good too. Would go back.Special Features:
- Grace for lunchSwazDined on 7/9/2014Fabulous food. Good choice and value for money. Excellent service from our waitress.Special Features:
- Pre theatre dinnerKicab2359Dined on 6/9/2014Great meal quick service .staff 10out of 10 .would go there again .it was really busy but the service was outstanding and the food fantastic !!!Special Features:
- Good Menu and quiet locationSoozyDined on 21/8/2014Chose this restaurant as handy for Buckingham Palace and offered somewhere for a group of 13 to eat. When we arrived table was set up already and we were made welcome. Only real problem was at end when paying. Had to pay in cash as they could not cope with us paying individually, which meant I did not get a receipt - bad news for my business.Special Features:
- A fantastic meal!oliviaDined on 5/8/2014I booked Grace for the first time for a pre-theatre meal with my two teenage daughters. We were very pleasantly surprised and happy that we had tried somewhere new that was so good. We had a fantastic meal, the service was polite, efficient and friendly and the atmosphere was buzzing yet relaxed. I would certainly recommend Grace and dine there again.Special Features:
- Great eveningHaynetDined on 2/8/2014Food, service and ambience was great. Noisy, but it was a Saturday night with 3 hen do's in!!! But that didn't stop us having a great evening. Staff very attentive but not obstructive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but ....MinniemouseDined on 1/8/2014I booked a table for 10 people for 4pm on a Friday. I was asked to pre-order, which I did amid moans from my colleagues. When we arrived at Grace, the table was not ready, they hadn't even got a table sorted and started moving tables together. We had to wait ages for our food and there was also a bit of a delay in taking our drink order. When we were ordering a second bottle of wine, we were told "you do know that this table is only booked until 6" - which we didn't. This left a bit of a sour taste for the rest of the meal as at no time had we been advised of this. The food was good, but the service needs a bit of attention. Also the ladies toilets are in need of updating.Special Features:
- Decent food, buzzing barGB78Dined on 25/7/2014Food here was decent though the dining area was much smaller than previously, so seemed a bit squashed in. Good prices and the bar was pretty busy.Special Features:
- pickwickDined on 22/7/2014this was our second meal at Grace and enjoyed the atmospere and ambiance, food great.Special Features:
- Fabulous place for before theatrejonesy52Dined on 22/7/2014The cost factor alone was worth it. Excellent food, excellent prices. The ambiance was lovely as well - the Tripadvisor pictures don't do it justice. I will definitely be going back there again. Only downside was the 10% gratuity added on the bill - without telling us. So when I left a tip, it was down without knowing I had already tipped them. Oh well. I'll know better next time.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsVanJessDined on 19/7/2014I went to the restaurant for a night out with some friends. We were all quite happy with the experience. The food was tasty, but the portions were a bit on the small side. I had pasta with salmon and could easily have eaten a second portion... We sat in a private room, and even though we liked the atmosphere, we all agreed that the restaurant outside our little room was WAY to noisy if you wanted to enjoy a meal with friends. How anyone could communicate out there is beyond me. Not suitable for a romantic date, that's for sure, but for a loud party, yes!Special Features:
- Lively Place good value fooddivingdinerDined on 14/6/2014I booked this venue for a pre theatre meal and was a bit surprised when going through the entrance as there was a projector TV on the wall watching football (world cup) and there was a lively crowd enjoying the bar end of the premises, but we walked past this to a quieter restaurant section and then into a secluded room with a 6 person round table (great). The food was good value the service very attentive and quick to serve each course it was very good and far from that first impression walking through the front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say Grace before mealsComplimentaryDinerDined on 31/5/2014Friends were coming over from South Africa and I had to arrange a venue in Central London for a group of 13. Grace had good reviews and was very central. I'm glad I chose it as the food was very good and hot and all arrived together. Kids meals were also perfect. Extensive drinks menu and good, fresh and happy atmosphere. Service was a little slow but once you collared the waiting staff they responded well. A nice haven from the bustle of Piccadilly Circus and well recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceSarahDined on 23/5/2014Entering Grace was quite confusing as you enter into a lively and packed bar with people dancing all around you and have to track down the hostess near the door. The restaurant is just off the main bar, you can hear the music and sounds of people having fun from outside, but it's by no way too loud to chat. The food all sounded so delicious it took us a very long time to choose. None of us were disappointed, and we're all either picky eaters or self-diagnosed foodies, so pleasing all 4 of us was quite a triumph. Deserts menu was pretty limited but some good solid options. Read the small print on happy hour. We had quite a shock when the bill came, expecting our drinks to be half price, but they were only a couple of quid offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the quality of foodAshy123Dined on 16/5/2014Great value for the quality of food. I would absolutely return to this restaurant. They also have a happy on cocktails which was really good value for central london.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value & great serviceLuvfoodDined on 27/4/2014A small group of family and friends went to Grace for a birthday meal before going to the theatre. The service was great, the food delicious and it was all for excellent value. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHollywoodfloozyDined on 26/4/2014First visit here and certainly won't be my last. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. We managed to get a secluded corner with curtains which added very nicely to an already positive atmosphere. Myself and my partner had 2 courses- a main and a dessert, both which were very delicious. My partner absolutely loved her steak and my sausage and mash was lovely. We went here before our theatre trip so we were nicely full during the show. Would definitely recommend and will be back to visit at a later time for dinner, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pub for locals & visitors!TravDined on 17/4/2014Got a TopTable deal, making it even more affordable, but after days of eating in touristy areas we wanted a more local experience. The food and drinks were delicious, and the staff were very attentive. I highly recommend them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly quiet restaurantNormskiVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was a first visit. The restaurant is behind the bar, so it takes a bit of pushing your way through to get there. There were very few people in the restaurant (we arrived at 6:30 and left at 8:30 on a Thursday), which didn't bother my friend and I as we had a lot to catch up on. The service was good and we just had mains with a bottle of wine and the bill was surprisingly low. It's a useful central location and I may well meet up with friends here again.
- Grace - good value for happy hourCrikeymeDined on 25/3/2014I booked for 3 people on the day - needn't have bothered as we were one of about 4 tables occupied on a Tuesday evening. Even so, our waiter kept apologising for 'neglecting' us - again, no need! The menu was fine with lots of options, though noticeably shorter than the version online. Unexpectedly, they offered us 40% off as it was happy hour, so we had two mains, a side to share, coffee and a bottle of wine for £40 including service - great value for a filling meal with some decent options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 5.50 restaurantpickwickDined on 22/3/2014We arrived at 5.50 restaurant quiet by 6.30 busy vibrant atmosphere, I liked that the restaraunt area was seperate from the main bar. Food very good value for money , service very good and prompt effeicient. This was a Birthday present show and meal from my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly okayRobertoDined on 14/2/2014Went for pre-theatre meal. Staff were great. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for cocktailsJoannaDined on 4/2/2014We thought we would try a non-chain restaurant and Grace had a vibrant atmosphere and the drinks selection is very good. The restaurant area was very quiet when we went (7pm on a Tuesday night). For main course my husband had lamb which he thought was very good, cooked just right so it was juicy and not dry at all but it was quite a small portion. I had a risotto which I was disappointed with as it was quite boring and not particularly flavoursome. We had two nice desserts, a nice lemon tart and a chocolate brownie that were good value and a decent portion. Service was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Good for pre theatre familyPeebeeDined on 16/1/2014Good for pre theatre family meal. Three good main courses, one poor. Good service and value.Special Features:
- The restaurant for some reasonMonicaDined on 4/1/2014The restaurant for some reason did not receive my bookings but they could still accomodate us; good food and good ambience and good value for money; not overly priced like many restaurants in West End.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace 02/02/14StevieWDined on 2/1/2014This is the second time we've enjoyed a pre-theatre dinner at Grace. We arrived at around 1715 as our show was due to start at 1930 and it was quiet, which we didn't mind at all. It soon got busy though and the atmosphere was convivial. Service was good, prompt and efficient. The pre-theatre menu was limited in choice so we went from the main selection - excellent sausage and mash with caramelised onion gravy for me, whilst my wife had a very nicely cooked plate of fish and chips. Portions were generous. Both finished off with a superb chocolate brownie and ice cream. Happy "hour" is between 1600 and 1900, so our drinks were at a much reduced price as well. Great quality and value (£30 total), especially for central London.Special Features:
- Will go backWanttoeatoutmoreDined on 29/12/2013I enjoyed the selection of mini foods they had! Friendly staff and great cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, not so great serviceLondonerDined on 27/12/2013I've been to Grace a few times now and I like the place but this time the service was dreadful. I hosted a dinner party with friends from Japan and the slow service was really embarrassing considering the place was practically empty. The wrong drinks came the table and when the food came we asked for extra plates than never arrived. It took a good 25 minutes to get the waiter's attention for the bill. I like Grace but the service needs to be reviewed. I'm thankful the restaurant was not full, can you imagine that?! I left red-faced with my friends hoping they will forget the experience.Special Features:
- It was extremely loud at Grace.FoodieDined on 30/11/2013It was extremely loud at Grace. Understandably as this is a bar and it is Christmas Party Season, but I think for this to be advertised as a restaurant, it should be seperated from the noisy bar area. I was actually told this was seperate and am very disappointed it was not. My husband and I could not hear each other at all and actually considered leaving. I had to move seats to beside him to have a chance at a conversation. Bit disappointing seeing as it was for hubbys 30th birthday meal. However the food was good and very good value.Special Features:
- Grace-Less!!!!ParisDined on 24/11/2013The restaurant should be re-named GraceLess. Upon arriving for dinner we were informed rather rudely that restaurant was closed due to a private function and that only option was to eat in bar area. When I pointed out that this fact was not relayed to Top Table, in rather aggressive tone I was told that they had no control over bookings made by Top Table and that I should have booked directly with the restaurant. I did not appreciate the tone adopted by the manager and for that reason my party left. The manager needs a few lessons in etiquette and I would suggest going on a customer service course immediately! My party and myself will not be re-visiting and will also share this experience with others. The owners of Grace take heed!
- I was very impressed by theDonkeyDined on 23/11/2013I was very impressed by the service of our waitress she was very accomodating as we turned up very late and asked for more space! There were 11 of us.... The atmosphere was very enjoyable, and I liked the decor in there too, and the food was very very nice! yum yum!! Thank you chef :)) I would definately recommend this place to anyone wanting to go out for a nice good value meal right in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy bar...not so busy restaurant..BostondazzlerDined on 23/11/2013We had to "fight" our way through the bar to get to the dining area (not that well sign-posted) and with a 9 year old in tow, it was a bit of a struggle as people don't generally move to let you through. Reasonable food and not bad service - lots of waiters all rushing around but not achieving excellent service levels. It was quiet as well so not sure what it's be like in the evening. Good steak however......Special Features:
- Very nice group lunchPotentialDined on 21/11/2013Good service, tasty food, a nice atmosphere. Did the job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis in PiccadillyTastebudQueenVIPDined on 21/11/2013Been here lots of times and keep coming back, its a great place to meet, without the hoards of people, though this review may give the game away. This place deserves to be busier at lunchtimes, is always busy for pre- theatre. Good solid british fare at reasonable prices and good value wines, great house red ( Spanish) at less than £20 per bottle. We had lovely service this week again, and the fish and chips was top notch in its category - I live by the sea so I know good fish and chips!Special Features:
- Grace at PicadillycecartVIPDined on 20/11/2013We had asked for and got special deal on food and that made ti such a bargain. We had unhurried lunch with just the right amount of service attention. Definitely will be going again.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable!FoodieloverDined on 17/11/2013Three of us dined at Grace and we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal. It was quite quiet when we arrived but people soon started to arrive and the atmosphere livened up somewhat. Food is very good value!Special Features:
- graceDinerDined on 16/11/2013Good food with great company. Lamb was lovely but could have eaten a bigger portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All a bit of a muddleSLM99VIPDined on 14/11/2013We reserved a table at Grace for a lunch with clients. When we arrived we were told to go to the dining room, however, the dining room was being used for a private networking event. We were then directed to a room out back. This again was occupied. We returned to the bar only to stand there for a couple of minutes while the barmaid ignored us. My colleague eventually found our table. There were only about 3-4 tables occupied but for the only two visible members of staff this was too much and we spent most of the afternoon trying to catch someones eye. On the upside, the burgers and steaks were good, not amazing but they hit the spot. The chocolate brownie was fantastic. Our clients enjoyed the lunch but we won't be booking again.
- Great Food and ServiceBlobDined on 9/11/2013The staff seated us straight away, even though it was busy and we were 20 minutes late. When I saw how busy it was I was worried that we would be late for our show but our food came in less than 10 minutes, tasted great and was very reasonably priced. However, when me and my friend both ordered a glass of wine to drink, we were surprised by how much it cost when we received the bill-almost as much as the food, maybe it's just because I'm not used to London prices but I consider £8.50 a glass to be expensive when I'm paying a fraction more for my meal. But the staff were very friendly and made sure that we got to our show with plenty of time, just check the wine list prices before you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre mealmadfitzDined on 7/11/2013From the moment we walked in we were made very welcome. We didn't have to wait long for our meal which was delicious. Bonus was the happy hour drinks. We would recommend this for a pre theatre meal.Special Features: