Greens Restaurant - Northampton
90 Windingbrook Lane
Northampton, NN4 0XNNeighbourhood:
Contemporary BritishPrice: £25 and under
Greens Restaurant - Northampton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.collingtreeparkgolf.com/
- Phone: 01604 663963x4
- Hours of Operation:
Lunches: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday Lunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Clubhouse Snacks Served 08:00am - 4:00pm Daily
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary British
- Executive Chef: Emerson Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Greens @ Home is a way of taking the stress out of your parties at home by allowing us to put on anything from cocktail events to stylish canapes.
- Private Party Facilities: Greens has 3 sections to the main restaurant which are divided by curtains allowing parties of up to 150 to dine within our restaurant atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Monet Ager / Lucy Peden 01604 663963x2
- Entertainment: Greens has the flexibility to cater for all parties and we have a number of forms of entertainment we can offer from solo artists to comedians depending upon your individual requirements.
A word from Greens Restaurant - Northampton
Greens has evolved with the changing surroundings - we offer a fabulously priced menu starting from £7.95pp which includes a wide array of selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Greens Restaurant - Northampton - Best restaurants in Northampton ›
Greens Restaurant - Northampton reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (15)sunday lunch (14)group bookings (10)outstanding value (7)business meals (6)disabled access (6)fit for foodies (6)good vegetarian options (4)brunch (3)romance (2)child friendly (2)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- QueenbeeDined on 5/10/2014Best Sunday lunch anywhere , by far , at the moment. Service was polite , friendly, professional and well paced. Beautiful setting for a restaurant. Will recommend to others, and will be back again for more.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday celebrationJayMay14Dined on 5/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a family special occasion last Sunday. Able to access the restaurant and add balloons and decorations without issue. Very friendly and helpful staff. No delays in getting the food, and there was another party next to us, discretely sectioned away with nice curtaining, so obviously used to dealing with numbers. Our waitress Delilah and restaurant Manager Tom were very hospitable. Thank you.Special Features:
- An excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/8/2014We've been here several times now and never been disappointed. Staff, food, ambience, all very good.Special Features:
- Lunch time at Greens RestaurantFoodloverDined on 7/8/2014I had a lunch time meal here. The food was excellent, the staff were very friendly, and I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishsmumDined on 17/4/2014Met some old friends for lunch and we all enjoyed the food. There didn't seem to be enough staff to cope with a large party and several small groups but they managed and we did not have to wait too long. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Business lunchBigstuffDined on 26/3/2014High quality food pleasant surroundings with lovely view of golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchMGCandFNCDined on 10/3/2014Special view across the golf course and cost effective well presented meals. Quick service which is helpful if you have a tight schedule. Convenient and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointingPattieKDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Green's many times and were always delighted. This lunch time however things were not quite up to scratch. We had booked a table for 4 on line and been sent a reminder the day before. On arrival we were not expected and a table was hurriedly prepared without salt and pepper and we were not given oil & balsamic with bread. After this all went smoothly and the staff as always were charming and helpful. It was a particularly busy lunctime. Two weeks earlier on the same day it was very quiet and we two were easily accomodated without having booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the lunchKC1986Dined on 21/2/2014Very happy with the lunch here. Good value. Chilled atmosphere and nice to watch the golfers hit the ball into the lake as you sip on your beerSpecial Features:
- Greens LunchShaks13Dined on 20/2/2014I have been attending Greens for lunch over the last 5 years and have never had anything negative to say about their food or service. The menu always has good options at reasonable price and the staff are always welcoming and professional. The restaurant is set in a very relaxing and beautiful environment. Definitely in my top 5 favourite restaurants in Northampton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant greatholeinone18Dined on 6/2/2014Excellent restaurant great views of golf course none of us were golfers ,but enjoy views of the country side and lake. We went lunch time meal party of six one in wheelchair. Very nice area to relax before you have your meal and a drink. Options on lunch time menu up to three courses in one price, very good value with a good varied choice of food for different palettes. Waiter service was excellent friendly and efficient No long delays after ordering food. Mixed party of men and women. Everyone enjoyed the venue food and views and all want to go again. Our party consisted of four women and two men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The venue is lovely overlookingRainbeauDined on 5/1/2014The venue is lovely overlooking the golf with large windows for a good view out across the greens The staff were attentive, polite and very helpful. I was a bit cold but the weather was particularly wet and and the restaurant was not very busy on that particular Sunday. We would definitely go back, the food was excellent, a treasure found at the end if the drive :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday LunchSal100VIPDined on 5/1/2014Had an enjoyable Sunday lunch at Greens overlooking the golf courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great butSatisfiedDined on 28/11/2013The atmosphere is friendly and the seating comfortable. Food delicious and served in an attractive and appetising way. The staff friendly but professional. The only comment from the vegetarian in the party was the the limited choice of main course - only one option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here several times withholeinone18Dined on 23/10/2013Been here several times with different groups of six people all concerned very pleased and want to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Greens Restaurant - Northampton reviews archive.
- Getting used to the very goodjaydeefDined on 20/9/2013Getting used to the very good menus a bit more variety would be welcome, a pity the roast potatoes are not cooked on the day, the seem to have been microwaved from frozen, only critisism of the food.. Chairs past their best not very comfortable, cut into legs. Always very clean and excellent service from friendly staff, will continue to go as one our favourite lunch venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliant birthday lunchLoulouDined on 20/9/2013I haven't been to Greens for a while so decided to book for my birthday. I went with 7 friends and our lunch was excellent. No pressure from staff to order while relaxing and chatting in the bar area. The food was excellent, hot, good quality and very good value for money. I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDinersDined on 24/8/2013My daughter & I went here for an evening meal, and we were really impressed. The menu was varied, and the food delicious. Cost wise, the restaurant is priced as per other venues such as this,which I think is fair for the food on offer. Service was particularly excellent, with special thanks to the waitress, who was really friendly and attentive. The only downside was that the restaurant was almost empty, which is a huge shame for a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Hottest dayPattieKDined on 17/7/2013Our group of 7 enjoyed a comfortable temperature on the hottest day of the year. We were ser ed with courtesy. and charm. The meal was excellent and the wines just right. The value for food so well presented is outstanding. Don,t change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyTopsyDined on 5/7/2013The staff were friendly and obliging The lunch menu very good value. Good disabled accessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awfulaw7fullDined on 16/6/2013Took nearly an hour to get some drinks. Service was awful. Couldn't print out bill. Two of our table who had liver parfait were ill that night. Any comment? bar staff couldn't even make a pimms.
- Great lunchGoodfoodloverDined on 13/6/2013The lunchtime deal of two courses for £10 or 3 for £12 is excellent. There is a wide choice of each course and the food is well presented. The restaurant is situated on the first floor overlooking the golf course which gives a lovely outlook, whilst you eat. Service was quick, friendly and efficient. Plenty of free parking outside. Being on the first floor there are a number of steps to negotiate, not aware of a lift so could make access difficult for some. The downside was that so few people seem to know about it, which meant that when we visited there were only one other couple dining. This affected the atmosphere somewhat. Easily remedied by a marketing campaign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit andBAZ3PILGRIMDined on 26/5/2013This was my second visit and the service and quality of food was five star and will definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always excellentjaydeefDined on 26/5/2013The food is always excellent both weekday lunch and Sunday lunch. The staff could be employed in any establishment being polite, attentive, friendly and aware of customer needs without being overbearing. Five Star +. The seats and decore are are dated and could be refreshed. The choice of music is a to a specific taste and could be less so and of less in volume. I hope the above is seen as constructive, although of course only reflects my tastes. We will be coming back and have eaten on many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at a great venuetopnoshpleaseDined on 5/5/2013Had a wonderful lunch with starter for £13pp. Overlooking the golf course and lake, what more could you want. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLovetodineDined on 26/4/2013We have been to Greens on a Sunday lunch time which we have always enjoyed, this visit was on a Friday evening. Food was excellent, not a massive choice but certainly good enough. The restaurant was very quiet, only two other tables in use so there is not much atmosphere, service was very good and our food was excellent, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for lunchVemondeDined on 23/4/2013I met my good friend for lunch at Green's Resturant. We had a lovely window table Where we over looked the golf course. The service was excellent, the staff were very attentive to our needs. The food was very good and the deserts delicious. The menu was well thought out. We had a three course lunch for £12 which was fantastic value for money. I would highly recommend eating at Greens Resturant for lunch brunch and afternoon tea. We have planned to meet at Green's Resturant On a regular basis as we really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Green's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review with a smileLunchingDined on 19/4/2013Our dining experience at Greens was wonderful. From the moment we arrived to when we departed the waitress served us well, very polite and warming. Fantastic value, we had 3 courses for £12.95 all served beautifully and cooked to perfection. It was the first time my friend had dined there and fully enjoyed the experience. I do believe that she will be going with her husband for a lunch time treat in a couple of weeks time. Looking out over the 18th hole watching the golfers trying to get their golf ball onto the green was quite entertaining especially when one man threw his golf club to the floor his golf ball ending up in the water. We had coffee to complete our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueGinabDined on 18/4/2013We ate here for work lunch and it was exceptional value and would come back on a private occassion. 3 courses for 12.50 and that included minute steak which was gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gemRaineDined on 14/4/2013Super food, atmosphere and service. Lovely location and views of the golf course. Overall lovely Sunday lunch, would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Across the generationsStrickersDined on 5/4/2013We booked a table for 5 to celebrate 3 generations of Birthdays all landing within 10 days and chose Greens due to its central location. I booked on line which was easy and received confirmation and a reminder which was great. The menu choice was good and all 5 managed to find something they fancied. The pace was just right and the food presentation and quality was very good. The restaurant was very quiet with only a dozen covers over the 1 1/2 hours we were there, the waiter was attentive and apologetic for the only downside which was the restaurant temperature which was chilly. This did not spoil the occasion but it would have been better if warmer - thanks and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We use this restaurant whenDaveSDined on 31/3/2013We use this restaurant when we visit relatives in Northampton and have always been very pleased with the food and service. Parking is very easy too, and there is a lift up to the restaurant to help the less mobile members of the family. Views over the golf course are also very pleasant and an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreensJuanchoDined on 9/3/2013The restaurant is a big empty space. Good for groups, but no feeling of intimacy. It looks on to the 18th. green, but, in the dark, all you see is a very long dark glass wall. Floodlight the green?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday lunchEllahunDined on 8/3/2013Lovely experience. Great location, good atmosphere, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice sunday lunchgarryDined on 24/2/2013WE had a nice family Sunday lunch,The restaurant was very child friendly as we have a child with special needs who doesnt like to sit still this was ideal,she could go outside and then come back in with no trouble. The food was nice and the price for sunday lunch was reasonable, The only little moan is the drinks prices but that is to be expected .Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointingKekeDined on 16/2/2013Looking at the reviews we were expecting much more. The menu on the site was much more extensive than the menu we got. I ordered Sea Bass and got Salmon, but other than that the food was of a high standard and very tasty and well presented. The ambiance of the restaurant is a little cold and minimalist with bare tables but nice cutlery and tableware. The wine list is very short and will be a disappointment if you like an extensive range to choose from, but the wine we had was very nice. The bottom line was we had a good time, the food and wine was good and the service outstanding, it just doesn't live up to the 4+ star billing at the moment for me. In its defence, its not that far from a Michelin star type restaurant with a few tweaks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A excellent choicehealthyeaterDined on 9/1/2013Everything about this restaurant is so good. It is exceptional value for money, the atmosphere is relaxing, the staff are lovely - the food too - and the view over the 18th hole of the Golf Course is wonderful. Although the restaurant is easy to get to and find, it appears initially to be a little out of the way. But don't let this put you off. You won't be disappointed. and parking is no problem, it is regarded as out of the way and because suffers in the numberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting and good serviceGinabDined on 11/12/2012Went here for a works lunch and it was a good experience, food was nice, not great but the setting is nice and the service was good with pleasant waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the staff was friendly , goodwhiteyDined on 9/11/2012the staff was friendly , good service and good food , would be making another visit in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch FoodyGrubberDined on 9/11/2012My wife and I thought we should tryr this restaurant for their lunch special as it had been recommended to us by s friend. Good value for money although menu a little restricted. Nice food and service but disappointed there was no view of the golf course from our table. Also felt a lack of ambience as the large room had been sectioned off for a limited lunchtime service. However we would recommend and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.