5 Abchurch Yard
London, EC4N 7BANeighbourhood:
EnglishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harrys.co.uk/abchurch/
- Phone: 02076232355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, English
- Executive Chef: Aziouz Lammali
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: By pre-arrangement we can cater for local offices. Canape/buffet and supply of alcoholic and soft beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry's Bar has a predominantly private area, being a rustic, attractive restaurant with beams and attractive fireplace,which can seat 30 people maximum for a sit down meal, or 50 people for drinks and canapes/buffet. To glance through the menus including canape and buffet, please go to www.harrys.co.uk for further information. Areas can also be set aside in the bar for drinking groups, which will happily be catered for. Harry’s Bar is also available for exclusive private parties for large corporate events from 100 to a maximum of 120 persons for which entertainment can be arranged if required.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Haddad 0207 623 2355
- Special Events: Harry’s Bar is currently running an evening promotion with 50% off the evening a la carte menu. Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 10.00pm. Must have two courses- one being a main.
- Public Transit: Bank station - take King William Street exit, take 3rd right turning off King William Street into Abchurch Lane. Abchuch Yard is sited a little further down on the right hand side. Cannon Street Station - turn right out of station and take 3rd turning on the left into Abchurch Lane. Abchurch Yard is sited to the left.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are parking meters located in the vicinity.
A word from Harry's Bar
Tucked away in an old cobbled yard between Cannon Street and Bank stations, Harry's Bar has a great atmosphere and vibe and prides itself on the quality of its food, wine and service, being professional yet friendly. Offering a fine British/Modern European cuisine the menu includes dishes such as new season English asparagus or seared beef and delicious main courses such as grilled fresh tuna steak on a Nicoise salad with a spring onion French dressing or grilled new season lamb cutlets. Harry's Bar is renowned for the quality and freshness of the ingredients and, in particular, the char-grilled Scottish fillet steaks which are always a winner! Some classy pasta dishes will please the carb-fans. A little gem in the City, smart yet homely surroundings and faultless service, a very easy place to feel comfortable in, Harry’s Bar is currently running an evening promotion with 50% off the evening a la carte menu. Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 10.00pm. Must have two courses, one being a main.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry's Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since 30 October 2013
business meals (164)romance (82)special occasions (78)fit for foodies (73)outstanding value (53)group bookings (51)pre/post theatre (35)good vegetarian options (11)brunch (10)sunday lunch (8)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Enjoyable meal with good serviceKes1Dined on 24/10/2014We had booked for a Friday night for a group of 7 and we were very satisfied with the quality of food as well as the good service from the staff. We had the 50% discount which meant that the meal was very good value although the normal prices would have been a little on the high side. Overall I would be happy to go back again.Special Features:
- Good value at the heart of the CitySimonDined on 24/10/2014Friday night's used to be a desert in the City after 7pm, but a number of places are now readily available, offering good food at sensible prices. Harry's is one of them. Staff are particularly helpful.Special Features:
- Dinner with an old friendAndie67Dined on 22/10/2014With the 50% off the food bill booked through Open Table it was value for money. Skip the starter, loved the Risotto ended with the Cheese Board, enjoyed with a large glass of Merlot. With good service - you are not rushed at all, and nice ambience made a lovely evening.Special Features:
- GreatwelshieVIPDined on 16/10/2014Really enjoyed the meal at Harry's Bar - great location, atmosphere, cocktails, food and service. We had 50% off 2 courses deal which made it good value, would've been pricey otherwise. Pigeon for starter was fantastic, paté got good review too - mushroom tart was heavy on balsamic and short on tart though. Steaks were great, as was scallop pasta. On the drinks side Bramble was a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Harry'sdaniheVIPDined on 16/10/2014Good value with the 50% off! food always very tasty! service friendly! margaritas are best in the City and Harry's never disappointsSpecial Features:
- Dinnerroger218Dined on 15/10/2014Dined with my wife on a visit to London. No complaints whatsoever! Service was particularly good (friendly and efficient). Would go again.
- Worth it to have a goAndreawalleDined on 14/10/2014Food is fine with the 50% off, nothing exceptional but perfectly cooked meat! and really fresh. Some of the most friendly staff I met in London, absolutely outstanding service, especially Cris that took great care of us: very professional. I wish I would have given tips to him instead of paying service charge.. I worked in many restaurants myself and not sure how fair this system is on staff as well as customers.Special Features:
- Pretty good.RobPDined on 10/10/2014Attentive and friendly service aside, this place is just OK. The food is reasonable value with the 50% off deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinnerwataDined on 10/10/2014Looking at the crowd outside (from the pub next door), I thought Harry's would be noisy as well. However once inside it felt really cosy and intimate, not noisy at all. The service was perfect, food was very good and it was really good value too given the opentable offer. My friends and I had a very good time, I recommend it definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMissRxDined on 8/10/2014Friendly staff, great service, food was exquisite. Cooked to perfection. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKtbfDined on 7/10/2014Exceptional service before and during the meal has been a feature of this and earlier visitsSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodLoverDined on 6/10/2014As always, great food and great service,and with the 50% discount, really great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeAV80Dined on 3/10/2014They were very good for accommodating Gluten Free needs, said they were able to do anything on the menu and substitute Gluten containing products for Gluten Free substitutes. Food was delicious and would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!PeterDined on 25/9/2014Went with the Open Table offer. Was greeted by the charming Lauren and Raquel. My first impression was that the restaurant was vibrant, buzzing, yet with a relaxed atmosphere. The waiting staff were attentive, yet not over-bearing. I ordered the Tiger Prawn salad, followed by Pork Shoulder. This was food just like your mother would make: tasty, well-flavoured with ample portions! Raquel is an excellent hostess and she has built a great team. The Open Table offer is a steal. Will return in the near future and work my way through the menu! Great value!Special Features:
- Food a let downLetsDoLunchDined on 18/9/2014We were looking forward to trying Harry's Bar for dinner given it's location - handy for work, stations to get home etc. We all had 3 courses and none of us were that impressed by the food. It all looked fine, well presented but there was just no taste to anything and it was all served luke warm. The menu prices were high, something like £30+ for a steak, so even the 50% off food deal didn't make it all that good value in the end. The service was brilliant, very attentive and accommodating so can't fault that. Just overall very disappointed with the food so wouldn't eat here...might come back for drinks only if only to get away from the awful crowd upstairs at the Vintry next door.
- BaileyDined on 18/9/2014As always, a reliable venue with good food and service. Wine was excellent too.Special Features:
- Brilliant timeEllibelchDined on 17/9/2014Hi I had a really good time at Harry's bar recently. The menu had a great selection and brilliant deal at 50% off. The service was great along with the atmosphere. Easy to get to cannon street for transport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GOODTheatredinerDined on 16/9/2014As ever, had a nice meal at Harry's. Only quibble this time was that the starters had nothing for a carnivore like me - just fish/seafood dishes and a couple of veggies.Special Features:
- a rabbit warren!!businessbodDined on 16/9/2014Harry's bar is on e of London's little gems, excellent service and a high standard of quality food............really enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's BarOldieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Harry's is very good value using the Open Table offer, but I'm not sure it justifies the full price on the menu. Nothing wrong with the food, but full price would be expensive. We met friends there and wanted to catch up over a meal, so it suited us, and the wine list is reasonable. The staff are pleasant and attentive, and there is a good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab night outFoodie15Dined on 3/9/2014I dined with a friend. It was her first visit. We both loved the food and ate far too much. This was my second visit. We went early when it was quiet. I'd recommend doing that if you want to be able to chat as it does get noisy later on. I am already planning my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nataly2710Dined on 29/8/2014Good service, good value for money (if you have taste card!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday with HarryPANDHDined on 29/8/2014My wife and I revisited Harry's Bar after a gap of a year or so and found the standards and the experience was to the same good level. We started by sharing the salmon and chive pate which could have done with being out of the fridge a bit longer to allow the flavours to develop. The main courses of lamb and fillet steak made up though as they were fresh and very flavoursome. The rhubarb crumble dessert was also excellent. Overall a pleasant and comfortable way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- Great food and service-quirky venueRickMDined on 20/8/2014Our waitress was amazing, well informed, right amount of attentive, funny. Food was really good - well presented, good ingredients. The venue is downstairs underground and one of those places with lots of intimate little nooks and crannies so you could dine in privacy or with a big group. I really enjoyed it - and they have lots of discount schemes for the evening service. I used a tastecard and git 50% off the food bill. Oh - and their banoffee pie is the best I have ever tasted. Absolutely try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodNeddersDined on 19/8/2014Whilst the menu was a bit pricey we did get the 50% off the food bill deal so that was good. However, the wine was expensive and it was still £90 for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great staff,great valueWorpleDined on 19/8/2014We really enjoyed eating here. The food was delicious and the waiter friendly. Its a great deal with 50% off the whole menu - no hidden tricks to trap you into paying for special dishes, sides and puds which are then not included, as we have experienced in these deals. It 's an easy find location - on a quirky little square off Cannon Street by London Bridge Highly recommend - we will definitely be going againSpecial Features:
- Great dining, well pricedthewoodmanDined on 11/8/2014Returned to Harry's for a second time in a month, drawn back I have to admit by the 50% discount off food. However on both occasions all guests (6 people each time) have complimented how good the food is. Smoked chicken salad was well sized and balanced, the lamb loin cooked just pink. Others enjoyed steak, seafood pasta and cod. Skipped desserts in preference for wine. Service was polite and not over done. Ambience (a little quiet but it was Monday evening). Wine list very good.Special Features:
- Harry's BarLove2dineDined on 7/8/2014Visited for an evening meal. Food was good, service was great. The whole bar is a little dated, felt like I had stepped back to the 80's not helped by the 80's music, but all in all not bad. The 50% off food deal is good.
- DinerDined on 6/8/2014The menu is quite pricey, but with the 50% off food offer it is really good value, and the food is excellent. Would definitely go back to try some of the other options on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue, great service, ok foodLottieBDined on 4/8/2014I've eaten here 3 times now so it can't be that bad. The 50% discount is a little bit of a swindle as the prices are seriously hiked to compensate. Its a struggle to get a main under £10 that's interesting too (Sausage & Mash.....). Had the veggie tartlet last visit for my main and it was mediocre. For 3 of us it still came to £25 each which is alot in my eyes but I'm not earning city salary to match :( However, the location is great, the venue is great and service is very attentive. For early diners, you'll find yourselves being the only ones in there which does detract from the ambience. Would I come back - yes I would be hopefully they'll have a menu with more choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceFoodisusDined on 1/8/2014A good deal of 50% of food bill made this a good deal however restaurant is excellent with good food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerKN2014Dined on 1/8/2014We ate here on Friday night. There were four of us and we all thought the food was excellent. We had three courses and it came to just £30 a head including wine, so great value for money. The ambience was good and it was quiet enough that we could catch up without shouting.Special Features:
- robinaDined on 1/8/2014very good food, service excellent could not fault it in anyway extensive menu will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's Bar never disappointsPeckhamPrincessDined on 30/7/2014We had a lovely evening at Harry's Bar. With the 50% off food deal, it was extremely good value for the quality of food and general ambience. I have dined here several times and will definitely return. The prawn cocktail is superb. The tuna is cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Harry's Bar - very niceNikkiDDined on 30/7/2014I met up with a few friends last Wednesday at Harry's Bar as it was accessible for all (we all travel from different areas). I asked for a table in the corner and we had one and it has fantastic air conditioning too!!! Food was really lovely as was the wine and the service was brilliant - couldn't fault the evening at all. We used the 50% off food offer which was great. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Nice Evening MealGirlsandWineDined on 30/7/2014Great atmosphere and very good service.a ttentive, always were around when needed, and not hanging around when you didnt. Food all looked fantastic and flavours were great. looking forward to my return when i can try the next dish on the menu.Special Features:
- Harry's Bar, EC4DulwichfoodieDined on 24/7/2014This is a real find and I'll definitely be returning, especially if the 50% offer remains in place! Food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Very welcoming staff who couldn't do enough to ensure that we had an enjoyable evening. Tap water supplied without question. Especially good deal with the 50% offer. I would highly recommend this venue if you want to enjoy food that has been prepared and presented with pride. Well done to the entire team for a very happy and thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner in the cityMattyDined on 18/7/2014One of my favourite places for dinner after work right in the city. Food is absolutely spectacular English/med fare. Pretty loud this time as it was a Friday and some drunk loud city boys at the bar. But normally nice and quiet and generally romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemFoodie15Dined on 17/7/2014I am wondering why I've never been here before. We both had the steak and it was cooked beautifully. The staff were attentive and friendly. We were on the 50% off deal which made the evening excellent value. I'd recommend eating early as it can get very noisy when it is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 16/7/2014Excellent food and service. Good value with their current deal of 50% off food but perhaps a tad expensive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.