5 Abchurch Yard
London, EC4N 7BANeighborhood:
EnglishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harrys.co.uk/abchurch/
- Phone: 02076232355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, English
- Executive Chef: Aziouz Lammali
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: By pre-arrangement we can cater for local offices. Canape/buffet and supply of alcoholic and soft beverages.
- Private Party Facilities: Harry's Bar has a predominantly private area, being a rustic, attractive restaurant with beams and attractive fireplace,which can seat 30 people maximum for a sit down meal, or 50 people for drinks and canapes/buffet. To glance through the menus including canape and buffet, please go to www.harrys.co.uk for further information. Areas can also be set aside in the bar for drinking groups, which will happily be catered for. Harry’s Bar is also available for exclusive private parties for large corporate events from 100 to a maximum of 120 persons for which entertainment can be arranged if required.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Haddad 0207 623 2355
- Special Events: Harry’s Bar is currently running an evening promotion with 50% off the evening a la carte menu. Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 10.00pm. Must have two courses- one being a main.
- Public Transit: Bank station - take King William Street exit, take 3rd right turning off King William Street into Abchurch Lane. Abchuch Yard is sited a little further down on the right hand side. Cannon Street Station - turn right out of station and take 3rd turning on the left into Abchurch Lane. Abchurch Yard is sited to the left.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are parking meters located in the vicinity.
A word from Harry's Bar
Tucked away in an old cobbled yard between Cannon Street and Bank stations, Harry's Bar has a great atmosphere and vibe and prides itself on the quality of its food, wine and service, being professional yet friendly. Offering a fine British/Modern European cuisine the menu includes dishes such as new season English asparagus or seared beef and delicious main courses such as grilled fresh tuna steak on a Nicoise salad with a spring onion French dressing or grilled new season lamb cutlets. Harry's Bar is renowned for the quality and freshness of the ingredients and, in particular, the char-grilled Scottish fillet steaks which are always a winner! Some classy pasta dishes will please the carb-fans. A little gem in the City, smart yet homely surroundings and faultless service, a very easy place to feel comfortable in, Harry’s Bar is currently running an evening promotion with 50% off the evening a la carte menu. Monday to Friday 5.00pm to 10.00pm. Must have two courses, one being a main.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harry's Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since 20 May 2014
business meals (167)romance (83)special occasions (76)fit for foodies (76)outstanding value (54)group bookings (47)pre/post theatre (34)brunch (12)good vegetarian options (9)sunday lunch (8)afternoon tea (2)outdoor eating (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Harry's BarOldieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Harry's is very good value using the Open Table offer, but I'm not sure it justifies the full price on the menu. Nothing wrong with the food, but full price would be expensive. We met friends there and wanted to catch up over a meal, so it suited us, and the wine list is reasonable. The staff are pleasant and attentive, and there is a good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab night outFoodie15Dined on 3/9/2014I dined with a friend. It was her first visit. We both loved the food and ate far too much. This was my second visit. We went early when it was quiet. I'd recommend doing that if you want to be able to chat as it does get noisy later on. I am already planning my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nataly2710Dined on 29/8/2014Good service, good value for money (if you have taste card!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service-quirky venueRickMDined on 20/8/2014Our waitress was amazing, well informed, right amount of attentive, funny. Food was really good - well presented, good ingredients. The venue is downstairs underground and one of those places with lots of intimate little nooks and crannies so you could dine in privacy or with a big group. I really enjoyed it - and they have lots of discount schemes for the evening service. I used a tastecard and git 50% off the food bill. Oh - and their banoffee pie is the best I have ever tasted. Absolutely try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodNeddersDined on 19/8/2014Whilst the menu was a bit pricey we did get the 50% off the food bill deal so that was good. However, the wine was expensive and it was still £90 for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great staff,great valueWorpleDined on 19/8/2014We really enjoyed eating here. The food was delicious and the waiter friendly. Its a great deal with 50% off the whole menu - no hidden tricks to trap you into paying for special dishes, sides and puds which are then not included, as we have experienced in these deals. It 's an easy find location - on a quirky little square off Cannon Street by London Bridge Highly recommend - we will definitely be going againSpecial Features:
- Great dining, well pricedthewoodmanDined on 11/8/2014Returned to Harry's for a second time in a month, drawn back I have to admit by the 50% discount off food. However on both occasions all guests (6 people each time) have complimented how good the food is. Smoked chicken salad was well sized and balanced, the lamb loin cooked just pink. Others enjoyed steak, seafood pasta and cod. Skipped desserts in preference for wine. Service was polite and not over done. Ambience (a little quiet but it was Monday evening). Wine list very good.Special Features:
- Harry's BarLove2dineDined on 7/8/2014Visited for an evening meal. Food was good, service was great. The whole bar is a little dated, felt like I had stepped back to the 80's not helped by the 80's music, but all in all not bad. The 50% off food deal is good.
- DinerDined on 6/8/2014The menu is quite pricey, but with the 50% off food offer it is really good value, and the food is excellent. Would definitely go back to try some of the other options on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue, great service, ok foodLottieBDined on 4/8/2014I've eaten here 3 times now so it can't be that bad. The 50% discount is a little bit of a swindle as the prices are seriously hiked to compensate. Its a struggle to get a main under £10 that's interesting too (Sausage & Mash.....). Had the veggie tartlet last visit for my main and it was mediocre. For 3 of us it still came to £25 each which is alot in my eyes but I'm not earning city salary to match :( However, the location is great, the venue is great and service is very attentive. For early diners, you'll find yourselves being the only ones in there which does detract from the ambience. Would I come back - yes I would be hopefully they'll have a menu with more choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceFoodisusDined on 1/8/2014A good deal of 50% of food bill made this a good deal however restaurant is excellent with good food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerKN2014Dined on 1/8/2014We ate here on Friday night. There were four of us and we all thought the food was excellent. We had three courses and it came to just £30 a head including wine, so great value for money. The ambience was good and it was quiet enough that we could catch up without shouting.Special Features:
- robinaDined on 1/8/2014very good food, service excellent could not fault it in anyway extensive menu will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's Bar never disappointsPeckhamPrincessDined on 30/7/2014We had a lovely evening at Harry's Bar. With the 50% off food deal, it was extremely good value for the quality of food and general ambience. I have dined here several times and will definitely return. The prawn cocktail is superb. The tuna is cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Harry's Bar - very niceNikkiDDined on 30/7/2014I met up with a few friends last Wednesday at Harry's Bar as it was accessible for all (we all travel from different areas). I asked for a table in the corner and we had one and it has fantastic air conditioning too!!! Food was really lovely as was the wine and the service was brilliant - couldn't fault the evening at all. We used the 50% off food offer which was great. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Nice Evening MealGirlsandWineDined on 30/7/2014Great atmosphere and very good service.a ttentive, always were around when needed, and not hanging around when you didnt. Food all looked fantastic and flavours were great. looking forward to my return when i can try the next dish on the menu.Special Features:
- Harry's Bar, EC4DulwichfoodieDined on 24/7/2014This is a real find and I'll definitely be returning, especially if the 50% offer remains in place! Food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Very welcoming staff who couldn't do enough to ensure that we had an enjoyable evening. Tap water supplied without question. Especially good deal with the 50% offer. I would highly recommend this venue if you want to enjoy food that has been prepared and presented with pride. Well done to the entire team for a very happy and thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner in the cityMattyDined on 18/7/2014One of my favourite places for dinner after work right in the city. Food is absolutely spectacular English/med fare. Pretty loud this time as it was a Friday and some drunk loud city boys at the bar. But normally nice and quiet and generally romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemFoodie15Dined on 17/7/2014I am wondering why I've never been here before. We both had the steak and it was cooked beautifully. The staff were attentive and friendly. We were on the 50% off deal which made the evening excellent value. I'd recommend eating early as it can get very noisy when it is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 16/7/2014Excellent food and service. Good value with their current deal of 50% off food but perhaps a tad expensive otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch at Harry's BarSirLunchalotDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed lunch at Harry's Bar - good food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's BardaniheVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent value with the 50% off deal. Steak was delicious and couldn't decide on starters as so many good choices. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Very nice with the 50% discountLND74Dined on 7/7/2014Nice place. The starters were enjoyable and so were our mains (I had the Halibut and my friend the chicken supreme). However, at full price, I am not sure you'd be getting value for money but I would certainly recommend it on a deal. Service was very good but why would they have a saucer of olive oil/balsamic vinegar on the table, to take it away as soon as we ordered (ran out of bread??)Special Features:
- Great food and good price at nightMFisherVIPDined on 7/7/2014Took my family there which would have been too expensive during the day but at night the 50% off deal made it very affordable. Food was great - especially the steak! Service was excellent and very friendly. Wine selection very good too with a good choice of reasonable prices. A lovely evening.
- Midweek and in the city? Eat hereJchizDined on 1/7/2014Not my first time here always great service great value and the food is always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/6/2014The restaurant serves lovely good, good choices and the staff are very welcomingSpecial Features:
- Great food!luv2dineVIPDined on 27/6/2014Good menu, lovely food. Wine list good and not outrageous. 50% off food made a special meal affordable. Restaurant never got that busy all evening so not the place to go if you are looking for somewhere with a real buzz.Special Features:
- Value at Harry'spc1208Dined on 26/6/2014With the 50%deal it was good value. The wines were also good valueSpecial Features:
- Harrys Barrobinson32Dined on 23/6/2014I usually visit often with a group of girls for a catch up, but thought I'd take my partner for his birthday. Fillet steak is always georgous and as he is very particular with his. I put Harrys to the test.. It passed! I finally have a restaurant he would return to. We had a lovely evening. The 50% discount deal was a treat! You must give it a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great timelouandra1Dined on 20/6/2014Excellent food, lovely buzzy (but not overwhelming ) atmosphere, amazingly good value with the 50 percent deal. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant meal and environmentmegablstDined on 19/6/2014Really nice environment in a need to know location. We had all three courses and all three were very good,service was spot on. We had the 50% deal which made it great value. The wine list isn't crazy prices which is nice. All in couldn't fault the place. Ideal for a quiet business evening dinner or drinks. Very pleasant staff. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealWJTHDined on 18/6/2014Took my father to Harry's Bar for a birthday meal - 2-for-1 on food using the Opentable deal made it good value. The food is very well cooked, portions are reasonable although I think you do need to add at least 1 side between 2. Service was first-rate. WIthout thew Opentable deal this would be a bit too expensive.Special Features:
- Harry's BarTeddyDined on 18/6/2014With the 50% voucher, this is a great place for dinner. I had the calf's liver as the mains and banoffee pie for pudding. Very nice food, very clean and cosy, extremely pleasant. It would be pricey without the voucher, but with the discount, it's good value for money. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 'serious' placeHappyEaterVIPDined on 17/6/2014Place that majors on food rather than glitz … very 'low key' decor but fab food. I had perfect asparagus and hollandaise, then very tasty seafood casserole. The lamb that my friends had went down v well … in fact clean plates all round! Staff were great as at the last minute we changed the number of diners! Set the tone for very attentive service throughout. 50% off food made very good value … if we hadn't drunk so much!
- Good food, good valuePV74VIPDined on 16/6/2014Went with a friend on a Monday night using the OpenTable offer 50% off. Restaurant was initially pretty quiet, but hey it was Monday night. Starter of Calamari was a bit average to be honest, but the main of fillet steak was delicious. My dining partner said her food was excellent. Wine was extremely reasonably priced. Service was friendly and efficient. Really enjoyed it.
- Harrys BarNWdineDined on 13/6/2014Bar outside very lively on summer evening inside much quieter. Good food on 50% deal and excellent valueSpecial Features:
- What a Gem !BarringtonDined on 11/6/2014Having read the reviews online, I took the plunge and booked a table for supper. The food, atmosphere and service were first class !!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDawnDined on 11/6/2014This was a return visit to Harry's Bar. We were a party of four had great difficulty choosing from the menu as everything looked so nice! We all had 3 courses and each chose something different. We all really enjoyed the food and the seafood cocktail starter and veal shoulder main were particularly good. The staff were friendly and efficient and were very happy to accommodate a specific request for 'well done' lamb (a culinary sin!) from one of us. Good value with the 50% offer but this would be outside our budget at full price.Special Features:
- Good for post work dinnerCBaffDined on 10/6/2014And friend and I went out for dinner and drinks here on a sunny Tuesday night. As the weather was good everybody was drinking outside so the restaurant was very quiet, which suited us nicely. The food was nice but not worth the a la carte prices. We had the 50% deal which was valid as long as we had two courses. We the discount two courses worked out cheaper than my main by itself. Portion sizes were good too. So decent food, but very expensive. Only go if you have the discount.Special Features:
- Good rather than GreatExcoDined on 9/6/2014Went with the 50% off food offer - we were the only table in (Monday after work) so probably can't give a fair view on the ambience it might normally have. In fairness, it looks like a fun little venue that might be great at lunch or on a Thursday or Friday night. The food was good, if not mind-blowing - No complaints and perfectly enjoyable, but nothing particularly special (I had the Calamari starter followed by Tuna Steak) Value for money was good with the 50% off - Had we paid full price I would have felt like it was very expensive for what it was. The service was brilliant though, we had a charming, competent and attentive waitress.Special Features: