121 Lee Road
London, SE3 9DSNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harveyslondon.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 8318 2116
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Seafood, Bistro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Public Transit: Harvey's Bistro is a 7 minute walk from either Blackheath or Lee train station. For bus transfers from Lee Rail Station, take a 202 towards Blackheath Standard and alight at Manor Way/Lee Road. From Blackheath Rail Station, take the 202 towards Crystal Palace and alight at Manor Way.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The restaurant benefits from substantial on street parking areas which are unrestricted after 5:00pm Monday to Saturday and all day on Sunday.
A word from Harvey's Bistro
Welcome to SE3's hottest new Bistro. Serving up a dazzling array of seafood, steaks and freshly made desserts. Great wine-list, great cocktails, great times!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harvey's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (7)fit for foodies (6)romance (2)pre/post theatre (2)outstanding value (2)group bookings (1)sunday lunch (1)business meals (1)good vegetarian options (1)child friendly (0)disabled access (0)brunch (0)outdoor eating (0)Show More
- Best lobster in town!DyloPortoDined on 4/11/2014If you like good food (and who doesn't!), do yourself a favour and get yourself down to Harvey's. Tucked away and off the local main roads, you'll be glad you took a wander in their direction. I'm a fan of seafood and having eaten in many establishments renowned for their quality, I was more than a little surprised when Harvey's served my wife and I the best lobster thermidore we have ever had. Seriously - She had one of those "When Harry met Sally" moments. Juicy scallops, amazing piri piri prawns to start, incredible mains and warming pear tarte tatin to finish... A great meal, top quality, good prices. Well done Harvey's and good luck - we need more quality independent restaurants like this. Have already booked again for next month :)Special Features:
- jacquijacquiVIPDined on 2/11/2014Loved this place when it was Villa Moura but although it has the same chef and team, it has lost some of its charm. Not really a Bistro, it has lost its identity. great shame.
- Good foor and a relaxed atmospherehananjimDined on 30/10/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with friends at Harvey's bistro last week. We'd booked for 6 but ended up being 4 at the last minute but they didn't bat an eyelid even though most of the tables were full. Service was great, attentive but not overly so (I noted that one of the recent reviews was critical of the service so I was paying attention!), all the food was good and the portions pretty generous. Overall a great local restaurant.Special Features:
- DinnerMej54Dined on 18/10/2014Have used this restaurant before it was refurbished. Decor was greatly improved made a big difference . Food was great and the staff made us all very welcome e and service was spot onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that deliversEatToLiveWellDined on 10/10/2014For once imagination in the kitchen adds to the pleasure. The chefs at Harvey's take fine ingredients, especially fish, and produce results that surprise without masking the virtues that made them fine in the first place. The wine list ranks on type rather than price and we found a very good white that didn't break the bank. Our service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. If you prize good dining, try here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointssix7Dined on 4/10/2014We have been dining here for years under it's previous name of Villa Moura. The food is always excellent - we usually have fish because it is of such high quality. We rather liked it in it's previous decorative form but expect many people will prefer the more modern decor!! Our only gripe was the loudness of some rather strange ' music ?' which was really intrusive. We actually found it impossible to have a normal conversation without repeating everything! Why do restaurants do this and who is the music for? I understand the need to create some atmosphere at the start of the evening but the restaurant was full and no one was listening .So annoying and unnecessary.Special Features:
- Creativity and superb quality!DavidTDined on 26/9/2014I had a great meal at this trendy "boutique" local offering in Lee/Blackheath. The decor is simple, colourful and inviting, the music nice and jazzy, and the service suitably attentive and professional. The star of the show though really is the food. You can tell that the chefs are both experienced and classically trained - the flavours on offer are deep and perfectly balanced. I dine regularly in both the local area and in Central London and can honestly say that I have never had a meal as well cooked as when I visited Harvey's (this was my second time there). A bold statement, but the truth. Surprised me too! Will be back again.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Harvey's Bistro reviews archive.