54 Durham Road
London, SW20 0TWNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 02089441888
- Hours of Operation:
Tue - Fri : 12:00pm - 3:00pm , 6:00pm -11:00pm Sat,Sun 12:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet
A word from Hashi
As the cool feel of Wimbledon spreads towards Raynes Park, denizens of the area are being treated to a dining boom with Hashi as its starting point. Clean, crisp and actually rather fabulous décor wouldn’t look out of place in the funkiest ends of London. It’s a pretty good starting point for any restaurant, but to continue the treat with attentive service worthy of a VIP is a testament to the owners. Moving on to the kitchen, utterly fresh sushi is the talk of the town while crunchy rolls plus an extensive choice of rice and noodle dishes are perfect for those with an appetite for Japanese without a love of the raw.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Hashi reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since 23 May 2014
fit for foodies (47)special occasions (35)romance (30)outdoor eating (17)business meals (14)good vegetarian options (13)group bookings (12)outstanding value (9)child friendly (7)sunday lunch (5)brunch (4)disabled access (4)pre/post theatre (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Good food but disappointing serviceMrGreedyDined on 29/8/2014I have been to this restaurant several times previously and always found it to be very good. This time I went with a group of friends and found the service very disappointing. When we got there the staff tried to squeeze us onto a very small table for four people, when there were five of us. When we were leaving we were very rudely told to go as the restaurant was closing. The food is very good, but the Tako Yaki were served way too hot and scalded my mouth badly. Would recommend to a friend but with some caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner was divine!LarsMDined on 22/8/2014Went there for a romantic Birthday dinner with my husband and was not disappointed, food and service great as always, definitely recommend for a special occasion or just a night out.Special Features:
- best japanese in SW LondonleewilliamsVIPDined on 27/7/2014return customer, can's say better than that. My wife (who is Japanese) loves itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite local..nualanoopsDined on 16/7/2014We are spoilt by the food and the service every time we visit Hashi - just LOVE it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchBubblefish777Dined on 13/7/2014We travelled 1.5 hours to get to Hashi based on the level of stars and reviews the restaurant got. I have to say when we were walking down the suburban streets and finally found the place I was worried. The tiny little restaurant is set in the middle of a residential street and is very small indeed. HOWEVER the food is really really good. If you like Sushi then you will love this. It was worth the trip and we will definitely go back, and soon. won't be long before this place is packed out all the time as more and more people discover it.Special Features:
- Still at the top of its gameDeMnDined on 12/7/2014Another wonderful trip to Hashi last weekend - the sushi is up there with the best in London or anywhere. The tempura and black cod were also sublime. Faultless.Special Features:
- Best sushiMgocerDined on 1/7/2014Fantastic local restaurant. Been there many times, best sushi in town. Very fresh. Other foods are also top quality. Service is slightly slow.Special Features:
- Excellent food as alwaysWimbledonDined on 28/6/2014Brilliant food, all the fish is incredibly fresh. Always love how they deliver exceptional hot and cold dishes. The service is fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good genuine Japanese foodPonga1983Dined on 28/6/2014Had dinner with friends and we really enjoyed the food and its variety. Also one of my friend who is vegan found a good choice of plates, which isn't always easy. Octopus balls abd unagi maki were amongst our favourites. A bit pricy, but overall worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PopiVIPDined on 22/6/2014We love Hashi - some of the best Sushi in London but this time a little bit disappointing.
- Authentic gemBrozenDined on 21/6/2014Local favourite restaurant. Superb genuine Japanese cuisine. Forget sticks and sushi. For a taste of the real Japan in Wimbledon (well, west Wimbledon) this place is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFood4meDined on 20/6/2014Once again another fabulous meal. Atmosphere very welcoming and relaxed. Great diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualrpcpnDined on 15/6/2014Took my daughter to celebrate the end of her exams and, as usual, it was a perfect experience. The staff are very attentive, the food is delicious and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Delishi HashianonfoodieDined on 5/6/2014Went there with a friend for lunch and so pleased to be reminded of this great local find.Special Features:
- Amazing!PolishfoodieDined on 21/5/2014Absolutely incredible food. I have lived in Japan and this was some of the freshest sushi that I've ever had! Nice restaraunt, but it is the food that truly shines. We brought our own bottle of wine, corkage was £5. The food is fairly pricy, but is worth every penny. Being able to bring our own wine meant that it was still a reasonably priced meal overall. It is really busy, so make sure to reserve a table. We will definately be back!Special Features:
- Our favourite restaurantRuthDined on 15/5/2014We went to Hashi for my sister's birthday and it was a lovely evening, as always. The service is always friendly and efficient (we love the friendly greeting shouted out by the staff as anyone enters the restaurant) and the food never disappoints! We highly recommend Hashi to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Birthday CelebrationdudelittleDined on 10/5/2014We usually love Hashi My son's 21st birthday - table for 5 at 8.30 on a Saturday evening. People were still at 'our' table so we had to wait for nearly 30 minutes, standing in single file up against a wall, beside the toilets. They took ages to take our order. They got our order wrong, meaning that 2 of us ate 20 minutes after the rest of us. They didn't apologise, in fact they almost accused us of not ordering the missing food. They gave us 2 free, horrible ice creams with 5 spoons - was this the apology? They didn't offer us a free drink or money off our bill of almost £300 We don't love Hashi so much anymore!Special Features:
- Lovely food!!!GateswideDined on 9/5/2014The sushi is brilliant, very fresh and delicious, the restaurant is very nice and has a lovely ambience!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Japanese foodJamesDined on 2/5/2014Great food and great service. Try the Agedashi Tofu and Squid Balls. Also, they do BYOB.Special Features:
- SushiDougDined on 4/4/2014Excellent food. Extremely fresh fish and very well prepared. Love coming here.Special Features:
- I love it every time I gocarolinaDined on 29/3/2014I do not get tired of visiting sashi. Always great food and service! My favourite japannese by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will be backGibszoDined on 11/3/2014As new residents in Raynes Park we tried Hashi for the first time and loved it. We will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTSushiFanaticDined on 8/3/2014Everything was immaculate. From the refreshing towelettes to clean your hands right through to the end with the complimentary orange to cleanse your palette. The staff are extremely well trained, efficient and polite! I'm definitewly booking my birthday dinner here this year. The food was delicious and the sushi was the best ive ever had. The sashimi presentation on ice was stunning. Definitely a hidden gem this little restaurant. I'm chuffed i live so close by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trydeeez10Dined on 25/1/2014Hashi is definitely a good local restaurant. However when you're used to London restaurants and standards, you won't be very impressed. The sushi rolls weren't stuck together properly and unfortunately, ordering a chirashi don for £20 only to find the portion ridiculously small (although this is what I always order at Japanese restaurants) was very disappointing. Starters were very tasty however - so non-sushi food was good.Special Features:
- DisappointingDudgeDined on 24/1/2014Charming staff let down by poor food,the beef teriyaki was tough and tasteless . The sushi slightly soggy and noodles dull.if you want really good Japanese go to Sticks & Sushi on Wimbledon Hill.
- excellent service, friendlykateDined on 15/1/2014excellent service, friendly staff, delicious food, have eaten at Hashi 4 times and each time good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food as usual and greatnualanoopsDined on 13/12/2013Lovely food as usual and great service going back tonight!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed alovely birthday eveningBottyDined on 11/12/2013Enjoyed alovely birthday evening for my son and family at Hashi. The food was superb and so was the service - they surprised him with a green tea birthday derset. Would not hesitiate to recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal with friendsNDNDDined on 29/11/2013Another tasty meal at Hashi. My friend got stuck in a traffic jam but the staff were very accommodating about moving the booking to 30 mins later at short notice. The menu is very diverse but we plumped for two Chef's selection of sushi and thoroughly enjoyed them. The complementary oranges to round out the meal is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualitySusieqDined on 28/11/2013Hashi is my local restaurant and this visit for lunch confirmed that it can be relied upon to provide great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAliGDined on 22/11/2013As good as any high-price central London sushi restaurant. Prices not that cheap but not too expensive.Special Features:
- ExcellentleewilliamsVIPDined on 9/11/2013Totally authentic Japanese food. Best in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent foodNathanDined on 26/10/2013We really enjoyed our meal at Hashi to celebrate a family birthday. We chose a selection of appetisers which were mostly very good, then one chef's nigiri selection and one chef's sashimi selection plus some miso soup and maki rolls. The fish was perfect---fresh and delicious. Our waitress had recommended this might not be a enough food so we then had a plate of teriyaki beef which while good seemed an odd recommendation as it did not really fit with the rest of what we had ordered. To finish they brought us complimentary orange slices. Overall a great experience and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of JapanDineoutDined on 20/10/2013This is a little gem of a restaurant. Food was pretty close to what I remember from living in Japan. Service was excellent. Dishes have been modified somewhat to either cater for either western tastes or availability of ingredients. However that is to be expected. Will definitely be returning many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSpecialDined on 19/10/2013What a little gem in Raynes Park. The service, food and easy location was just perfect. The food was fresh,especially the Sashimi (Yummy). Booking via Toptable was just too easy. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for a local restaurantHolidaydinerDined on 16/10/2013This was a great find for Raynes Park. Really varied selection and good quality food, as good as many central london Japanese restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, bit noisylagsDined on 21/9/2013The food was very very good - even my Japanese wife loves it, so it must be high caliber! Which is amazing considering the chef is not Japanese, as we were told by one of the waiting staff. Apparently he trains himself every day on Japanese cuisine and is always looking for new ways to get better. The presentation is excellent and food very fresh. Service is great - very polite. All staff *seem* to be Korean, even though they shout the traditional Japanese greeting "Irasshaimase!" when customers first walk in. The ambient background is too noisy, so it's not ideal for intimate dining and children are often there, which is a nice treat for them! The music may be a bit loud and the diners compete to be heard above each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 465 reviews are from the Hashi reviews archive.
- Fantastic JapaneseToriaDined on 19/9/2013My husband and I are huge fans of Japanese food and eat regularly at Nobu. Hashi is fantastic Japanese food we have been several times and have never been disappointed. Great to be able to get good Japanese food in Raynes park!Special Features:
- Sashimi was excellent, ToroJamesBTDined on 18/9/2013Sashimi was excellent, Toro was outstanding. Fresh flavours and beautiful presentation - authentic Japanese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it to yourself...GastronautDined on 17/8/2013...gourmet dining in Raynes Park doesn't get any better than this. The crunchy rolls are out of this world. Service is faultless. Can't recommend highly enough, just don't tell too many people or I'll never get to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.