157a Commercial Street
London, E1 6BJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehawksmoor.com/
- Phone: 02074264850x
- Hours of Operation:
5:30-11:00pm (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
5:30pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00-11:00pm (food available until 8.30pm)
(last bookings 8:45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Burgers, Steak
- Executive Chef: Richard Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Named after Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christchurch Spitalfields, just down the road, Hawksmoor Spitalfields opened in 2006 to rave reviews, reigniting London's love affair with steak. Hawksmoor Spitalfields is an unpretentious, quality obsessed steak house, serving exclusively British beef from traditional breeds, supplied by award winning butchers The Ginger Pig. The 115 cover restaurant also has an extensive wine list featuring favourite small producers and big vineyards alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hawksmoor Spitalfields - Best restaurants in Spitalfields ›
Hawksmoor Spitalfields reviews from OpenTable diners
877 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (514)fit for foodies (420)business meals (347)romance (233)sunday lunch (226)group bookings (175)pre/post theatre (68)brunch (43)child friendly (31)outstanding value (25)outdoor eating (8)disabled access (7)good vegetarian options (5)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Hawksmoor SpitafielldsadkronkyDined on 28/10/2014Amazing porterhouse steak done just as we wanted and with perfect seasoning. Very kind and helpful staff! The sides were perfect, we ordered creamed spinach which was outstanding plus fries with pepper sauce which was great too. Overall amazing experience. Reservation is a must as the place was packed on a week night.Special Features:
- Top Class Steak!pursejam82Dined on 28/10/2014Absolutely love Hawksmoor. Have been several times, as per usual my steak was cooked to perfection! Thanks again for a wonderful lunch!Special Features:
- HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 25/10/2014Always a great experience at hawkmoor service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014Spent a mid Oct 14, Friday Evening in Hawksmoor. The service was very good and staff made us feel very welcome, the place was smart and trendy…..but Hawsmoor's main strength lays in its food. We had Rib-eyes for our main course and they were fantastic and the chips could possibly rate as the best I ever had. Could not fault any thing on our plates! Bill wasn't cheap, but well worth it! I would love to try the Sunday lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningScotsmanDined on 24/10/2014Most enjoyable dinner for two with my wife to start our short break in London - definitely the best steaks in LondonSpecial Features:
- Steak heaven!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 24/10/2014The steak was to die for, never before have I tasted such an amazing steak. Thought I would try the bone marrow gravy which was so good, I'm actually gonna look at making my own for Christmas dinner. Good service and happy staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!EddieDined on 24/10/2014This was my second visit to a Hawksmoor restaurant and the service and food was as excellent as ever. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- foodilicious!!CharCharDined on 23/10/2014i went to Hawksmoor for the first time with a friend, we had scallops and potted beef a bacon, we were pleasantly surprised. We then had a fillet steak chips and cream spinach the food was divine, the drinks menu was a bit of a let down. Would recommend Hawksmoor food is AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014Fabulous food and friendly, helpful staff. Nice bar upstairs to have one or more pre-lunch cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 19/10/2014Took my partner to Hawksmoor for sunday lunch to celebrate his birthday, we received fantastic service from the staff throughout and they even gave us an impromptu birthday shortbread. Thanks for looking after your customers Hawksmoor we will be back.Special Features:
- BEEF-A-LICIOUS SUNDAYFoodAHolicDined on 19/10/2014I took my partner to this restaurant to treat him for being such an amazing boyfriend, and boy did I treat myself in the process. This isn't just any roast, this is a Hawksmoor roast! At £19.50 each, its a steal for the amazing presentation and delicious food that lays before you. The beef is the best i've ever tasted, cooked to perfection as it simply falls away from the knife as you cut in, the spuds that sit in the yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings was heavenly. I'm going to dream about this dinner for months to come and will be using any excuse to go back again! This is a MUST TRY! I cannot praise the staff enough, get down there now before they have to start waiting lists for being so popular!Special Features:
- Excellent steak, great settingTomHDined on 18/10/2014One of the best slices of cow ive ever tasted, topped of with an extensive cocktail list and top class service. Not cheap but certainly worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyGeogjamesDined on 17/10/2014We had a lovely meal for two. Relaxed and friendly service and the food was delicious. Recommend the marmalade cocktails and the chateaubriand.Special Features:
- Excellent As AlwaysAllyBVIPDined on 15/10/2014I keep coming back, and i'm never disappointed. The atmosphere in the restaurant isnt quite as good as some of the other branches, but its still buzzy, smart without being scruffy in informal without being grungy (if thats possible...). If you haven't been you must go!Special Features:
- Top drawerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014Had a fantastic time, the service was brilliant and we both loved it. Cutting the steak was as easy as a knife through butter
- Great afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014Excellent service, food was fab, will definately be coming back at the 1st oppertunity and hope the other locations are of the same standard. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLancsdaveDined on 13/10/2014Great food, great atmosphere and fantastic service. Our waitress, Emily, was very friendly and helped explain the menu as we had never been to the restaurant before. The quality of food was outstanding, Belly Ribs for a starter were wonderful, the rib eye steak was perfect. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a special occasion - we will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- great steakBeibeiDined on 13/10/2014We shared the chateaubriand with a variety of side dishes. Very tender and well aged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house by miles..LoopylouDined on 12/10/2014Having dined at other prestigious steak houses I would have to say Hawksmoor is my favourite by far. All food choices from starters to sides and of course the steak win hands down. That coupled with the amazing cocktail list and service make this a 5 star establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslondonfoodieDined on 12/10/2014Fantastic Sunday beef roast with all the trimmings. Very helpful and friendly staff, some unusual premium ingredients eg bone marrow gravy and beautiful decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Roast at HawksmoorIMdinerVIPDined on 12/10/2014Been to the Hawksmoor for the first time, primarily due to my boyfriend wanting to try the Sunday Roast which everyone was raving about. The roast was ok but nothing more special or better than at other pubs we've been to. I had the lemon sole which was really nice. Sides are far too expensive for what they were. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Brilliant food & serviceClairey04Dined on 11/10/2014If you like a good steak, perfectly cooked this is the place for you! Not cheap but worth every penny. The cocktails are pretty impressive too & service is brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm MeatDiner24Dined on 11/10/2014Hawksmoor is a meat lovers paradise and the steaks are absolutely fantastic. I can't recommend it enough. My girlfriend was a bit cold at the table as we were sat right beneath the AC unit but our waitress quickly picked up on this and was able to move us to a better table. Can't recommend enough.Special Features:
- As good as you'd hopeprecinemavisitorDined on 10/10/2014You hear enough about this place to imagine it's a transcendent dining experience. It is. Everything we had - from the cocktails to the marrow to the steaks themselves and even the coffees - was just excellent. Service was incredibly attentive without ever seeming fawning. It ain't cheap, but it's absolutely worth saving pennies for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!Mattz118Dined on 10/10/2014Friendly, personal service and an absolute killer steak!!!Special Features:
- 10/10 every timeLondonlifeDined on 9/10/2014Been here 3 times and i can say that it actually gets better every time. Service is outstanding which in London is rare these days. The steak, deserts, starters, wine all incredible. Once you have a steak here you wont want to have anther any where else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tastygeebee090Dined on 9/10/2014Even their Syrah vine is pretty good despite being the cheapiest glasses/bottles. Despite a bit too high prices, the atmosphere is far more casual than formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faultless meal as waysLovetoeatDined on 5/10/2014Great food and great service - highly recommended. The Spitalfields branch has the best atmosphere of all the branches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Roast is a must!KaamilaDined on 5/10/2014The Sunday roast is very good value for money - the portion is very substantial and the rump is delicious. My partner opted to have the ribeye with the Sunday roast trimmings which was double the price, expensive but worth it. The wine selection is very good but not a good selection of non-alcoholic drinks, a small coke is nearly £3 - which is ridiculous but it did not deter from the excellent meal. The service was impeccable, the staff very pleasant. I will most definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely Roast!!LouisaweezerDined on 5/10/2014Myself and my partner booked to go to Hawksmoor on Sunday 5th October and whilst livelier than what we're used to, it was a friendly atmosphere with efficient service. I had the scallops to start, whilst my partner had the crab, both of which were delicious. We then both opted for the roast, which was enormous!!! The beef was gorgeous and the roasted garlic a nice touch to the meal. After spending almost 30 minutes chowing down on the roast, we were both stuffed and dessert was not an option! We would definitely go again although a starter is definitely not required!! I also wished I had taken our waitresses name as she was friendly, efficient and made us feel extremely comfortable.Special Features:
- Always a TriumphLennyDined on 5/10/2014Standard once a month if we can for a Sunday roast. Mackerel then beef roast followed by pecan tart. If we lucky cornflake ice cream. Just always delicious.Special Features:
- HawkesmoorFoodie1685Dined on 4/10/2014Outstanding food, steak was cooked to perfection! Very good service Peanut butter shortbread dessert was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Food was excellent as was the service from the waiter, the only thing that let them down was the front of house, they weren't really up to scratch with the rest of the restaurants high standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit for twoEatManDined on 3/10/2014Loved it! I'm not an expert on beef by any means, but I really enjoyed this. Good selection of meats, we shared a big old piece of prime rib which was grilled to perfection. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. Not a particularly formal restaurant, so it got somewhat noisy there as the night went on.Special Features:
- Loved itsteaksteaksteaksteakDined on 3/10/2014It is really hard to go wrong with a Hawksmoor. They have arguably the best steaks in London. The atmosphere was much better at this branch than the Guildhall Branch and on par with the Seven Dials Branch. If you're looking for a special occasion to celebrate or just want to have a really nice meal, look no further. And please try the potted beef and bacon and yorkshires.Special Features:
- This is how steak should be servedLadyGagaDined on 3/10/2014These guys are consistent - perfectly seasoned steak, well cooked , and with bone marrow gravy it's a meal for the gods ! Excellent service, good choice of booze and although some unusual and over priced top end wines the reserve list is well catered for and generally well priced. I swiftly recommend this place over and above goodman's , both venues of which have taken many hundreds of pounds from me and being maybe my 10th visit to commercial street I'm yet to find fault. The bill is always a bit top heavy but given everything else works properly and as long as I'm not ordering too many bourbons, I reckon I'm all round happy.....After all , we all know in life, "you get what you pay for". Well done guys - see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectNickCDined on 1/10/2014The only thing wrong was that they didn't let me snoop around the meat room as ithe restaurnt was too busy! Simply outstanding.Special Features:
- Very tastyCamboVIPDined on 30/9/2014Cocktails were delicious & the food was great. Had really good service from a lovely lady.Special Features:
- great choice in ShoreditchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014This was a great option for my business dinner. The steak was great and the servers were attentive. They also held our table for 30 minutes as my client was late. Great, understanding, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 29/9/2014As always fantastic food, busy but comfortable atmosphere. Good service, excellent cocktail bar downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.