157a Commercial Street
London, E1 6BJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehawksmoor.com/
- Phone: 02074264850x
- Hours of Operation:
5:30-11:00pm (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
5:30pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00-11:00pm (food available until 8.30pm)
(last bookings 8:45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Burgers, Steak
- Executive Chef: Richard Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Named after Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christchurch Spitalfields, just down the road, Hawksmoor Spitalfields opened in 2006 to rave reviews, reigniting London's love affair with steak. Hawksmoor Spitalfields is an unpretentious, quality obsessed steak house, serving exclusively British beef from traditional breeds, supplied by award winning butchers The Ginger Pig. The 115 cover restaurant also has an extensive wine list featuring favourite small producers and big vineyards alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hawksmoor Spitalfields - Best restaurants in Spitalfields ›
Hawksmoor Spitalfields reviews from OpenTable diners
869 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (505)fit for foodies (412)business meals (345)romance (226)sunday lunch (221)group bookings (177)pre/post theatre (65)brunch (44)child friendly (30)outstanding value (22)outdoor eating (9)disabled access (7)good vegetarian options (5)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 19/10/2014Took my partner to Hawksmoor for sunday lunch to celebrate his birthday, we received fantastic service from the staff throughout and they even gave us an impromptu birthday shortbread. Thanks for looking after your customers Hawksmoor we will be back.Special Features:
- BEEF-A-LICIOUS SUNDAYFoodAHolicDined on 19/10/2014I took my partner to this restaurant to treat him for being such an amazing boyfriend, and boy did I treat myself in the process. This isn't just any roast, this is a Hawksmoor roast! At £19.50 each, its a steal for the amazing presentation and delicious food that lays before you. The beef is the best i've ever tasted, cooked to perfection as it simply falls away from the knife as you cut in, the spuds that sit in the yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings was heavenly. I'm going to dream about this dinner for months to come and will be using any excuse to go back again! This is a MUST TRY! I cannot praise the staff enough, get down there now before they have to start waiting lists for being so popular!Special Features:
- Excellent steak, great settingTomHDined on 18/10/2014One of the best slices of cow ive ever tasted, topped of with an extensive cocktail list and top class service. Not cheap but certainly worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyGeogjamesDined on 17/10/2014We had a lovely meal for two. Relaxed and friendly service and the food was delicious. Recommend the marmalade cocktails and the chateaubriand.Special Features:
- Top drawerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014Had a fantastic time, the service was brilliant and we both loved it. Cutting the steak was as easy as a knife through butter
- Great afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014Excellent service, food was fab, will definately be coming back at the 1st oppertunity and hope the other locations are of the same standard. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLancsdaveDined on 13/10/2014Great food, great atmosphere and fantastic service. Our waitress, Emily, was very friendly and helped explain the menu as we had never been to the restaurant before. The quality of food was outstanding, Belly Ribs for a starter were wonderful, the rib eye steak was perfect. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a special occasion - we will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- great steakBeibeiDined on 13/10/2014We shared the chateaubriand with a variety of side dishes. Very tender and well aged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house by miles..LoopylouDined on 12/10/2014Having dined at other prestigious steak houses I would have to say Hawksmoor is my favourite by far. All food choices from starters to sides and of course the steak win hands down. That coupled with the amazing cocktail list and service make this a 5 star establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulouslondonfoodieDined on 12/10/2014Fantastic Sunday beef roast with all the trimmings. Very helpful and friendly staff, some unusual premium ingredients eg bone marrow gravy and beautiful decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Roast at HawksmoorIMdinerVIPDined on 12/10/2014Been to the Hawksmoor for the first time, primarily due to my boyfriend wanting to try the Sunday Roast which everyone was raving about. The roast was ok but nothing more special or better than at other pubs we've been to. I had the lemon sole which was really nice. Sides are far too expensive for what they were. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Brilliant food & serviceClairey04Dined on 11/10/2014If you like a good steak, perfectly cooked this is the place for you! Not cheap but worth every penny. The cocktails are pretty impressive too & service is brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm MeatDiner24Dined on 11/10/2014Hawksmoor is a meat lovers paradise and the steaks are absolutely fantastic. I can't recommend it enough. My girlfriend was a bit cold at the table as we were sat right beneath the AC unit but our waitress quickly picked up on this and was able to move us to a better table. Can't recommend enough.Special Features:
- As good as you'd hopeprecinemavisitorDined on 10/10/2014You hear enough about this place to imagine it's a transcendent dining experience. It is. Everything we had - from the cocktails to the marrow to the steaks themselves and even the coffees - was just excellent. Service was incredibly attentive without ever seeming fawning. It ain't cheap, but it's absolutely worth saving pennies for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!Mattz118Dined on 10/10/2014Friendly, personal service and an absolute killer steak!!!Special Features:
- 10/10 every timeLondonlifeDined on 9/10/2014Been here 3 times and i can say that it actually gets better every time. Service is outstanding which in London is rare these days. The steak, deserts, starters, wine all incredible. Once you have a steak here you wont want to have anther any where else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tastygeebee090Dined on 9/10/2014Even their Syrah vine is pretty good despite being the cheapiest glasses/bottles. Despite a bit too high prices, the atmosphere is far more casual than formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faultless meal as waysLovetoeatDined on 5/10/2014Great food and great service - highly recommended. The Spitalfields branch has the best atmosphere of all the branches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Roast is a must!KaamilaDined on 5/10/2014The Sunday roast is very good value for money - the portion is very substantial and the rump is delicious. My partner opted to have the ribeye with the Sunday roast trimmings which was double the price, expensive but worth it. The wine selection is very good but not a good selection of non-alcoholic drinks, a small coke is nearly £3 - which is ridiculous but it did not deter from the excellent meal. The service was impeccable, the staff very pleasant. I will most definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely Roast!!LouisaweezerDined on 5/10/2014Myself and my partner booked to go to Hawksmoor on Sunday 5th October and whilst livelier than what we're used to, it was a friendly atmosphere with efficient service. I had the scallops to start, whilst my partner had the crab, both of which were delicious. We then both opted for the roast, which was enormous!!! The beef was gorgeous and the roasted garlic a nice touch to the meal. After spending almost 30 minutes chowing down on the roast, we were both stuffed and dessert was not an option! We would definitely go again although a starter is definitely not required!! I also wished I had taken our waitresses name as she was friendly, efficient and made us feel extremely comfortable.Special Features:
- Always a TriumphLennyDined on 5/10/2014Standard once a month if we can for a Sunday roast. Mackerel then beef roast followed by pecan tart. If we lucky cornflake ice cream. Just always delicious.Special Features:
- HawkesmoorFoodie1685Dined on 4/10/2014Outstanding food, steak was cooked to perfection! Very good service Peanut butter shortbread dessert was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Food was excellent as was the service from the waiter, the only thing that let them down was the front of house, they weren't really up to scratch with the rest of the restaurants high standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit for twoEatManDined on 3/10/2014Loved it! I'm not an expert on beef by any means, but I really enjoyed this. Good selection of meats, we shared a big old piece of prime rib which was grilled to perfection. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. Not a particularly formal restaurant, so it got somewhat noisy there as the night went on.Special Features:
- Loved itsteaksteaksteaksteakDined on 3/10/2014It is really hard to go wrong with a Hawksmoor. They have arguably the best steaks in London. The atmosphere was much better at this branch than the Guildhall Branch and on par with the Seven Dials Branch. If you're looking for a special occasion to celebrate or just want to have a really nice meal, look no further. And please try the potted beef and bacon and yorkshires.Special Features:
- This is how steak should be servedLadyGagaDined on 3/10/2014These guys are consistent - perfectly seasoned steak, well cooked , and with bone marrow gravy it's a meal for the gods ! Excellent service, good choice of booze and although some unusual and over priced top end wines the reserve list is well catered for and generally well priced. I swiftly recommend this place over and above goodman's , both venues of which have taken many hundreds of pounds from me and being maybe my 10th visit to commercial street I'm yet to find fault. The bill is always a bit top heavy but given everything else works properly and as long as I'm not ordering too many bourbons, I reckon I'm all round happy.....After all , we all know in life, "you get what you pay for". Well done guys - see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectNickCDined on 1/10/2014The only thing wrong was that they didn't let me snoop around the meat room as ithe restaurnt was too busy! Simply outstanding.Special Features:
- Very tastyCamboVIPDined on 30/9/2014Cocktails were delicious & the food was great. Had really good service from a lovely lady.Special Features:
- great choice in ShoreditchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014This was a great option for my business dinner. The steak was great and the servers were attentive. They also held our table for 30 minutes as my client was late. Great, understanding, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 29/9/2014As always fantastic food, busy but comfortable atmosphere. Good service, excellent cocktail bar downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal for the PricetjlnsdDined on 29/9/2014We enjoyed our diner at Hawksmoor Spitalfields. The service was very friendly and food quite good. Probable the best steak I had while in London. We all said we'd dine here again.
- Great SteakMcGregor3Dined on 27/9/2014Hawksmoor is one of my favourites when it comes to steak. The pieces of meat are so flavoursome and cooked to perfection. The atmosphere of their restaurants is equally lovely. I have dined at seven dials and Spitalfields which are both fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love steak and they do too.RelentlessTouristDined on 25/9/2014I enjoyed everything about my evening at Hawksmoor. Pre-dinner cocktails at the bar were delightful, as was the bartender. Service at table was great, a nice complement to the excellently prepared ribeye and fillet steaks (perfect temperature) that barely needed a sauce. Also had the baked beetroot, chips, mushrooms, sweet potato, lettuce/herb salad and sticky toffee sundae. I could go into gross detail to describe, but they were all tasty – zero complaints about the food. Great selection of wine and whisky as well to top off the meal. I would definitely go back and recommend this place to friends.
- Fantastic SteakjredDined on 23/9/2014as very the Hawksmoor is outstanding, great food and a buzzing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic and relaxing afternoon!ASK91Dined on 21/9/2014This was my second time in the past month dining at Hawksmoor. I had read and heard a number of great reviews and recommendations and thought it worth a try - and I am definitely glad I did! The Sunday roast and steaks alike are absolutely fantastic, with every cut of meat cooked to perfection. The staff are extremely attentive (though not too much) and are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We had a lovely, relaxing afternoon and I couldn't recommend Hawksmoor more! I will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food!HEVS01VIPDined on 21/9/2014We had the Sunday roast and the beef was impeccable. As this is a steak restaurant the only roast on offer is beef, but they do have other things on the menu. The owners followed up our visit with an e-mail to ask how everything was, which was proactive and appreciated. My only gripe was that the sherry trifle, at £7, was absolutely scrumptious but felt far too small for the price. However, could not fault the food in any way, nor the service which was excellent. Will be returning!Special Features:
- CartmanDined on 20/9/2014Certain dishes were vastly over priced for the quality delivered and service was average. Chateaubriand was chopped up and delivered in what looked like a pigs troff/bowl and didn't reflect the price charged for this classic high end dish. Would definitely not recommend to friends or visit again
- UnderwhelmedFoodieDined on 20/9/2014I/m afraid this place was overhyped or we just got it wrong for the occasion. We went for my husbands birthday, and expecting to spend around £150 (which we did) we were hoping to feel pampered, but we didn't. It felt incredibly informal, loud and the interior was very average. The tables were fairly shabby and there was just no attention to detail. The waitress was brash and although very helpful, she was a bit intense with how much information she wanted give us and how much she wanted to teach us! The beef was excellent however! Perhaps we don't get the Hawksmoor vibe, but I don't think we'll be going back.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 20/9/2014Lovely meal, outstanding food and great service. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhjhwDined on 20/9/2014We had a great meal, food was really tasty and cooked to perfection. Good service and a lively friendly atmosphere.Special Features: