157a Commercial Street
London, E1 6BJNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehawksmoor.com/
- Phone: 020 7426 4850
- Hours of Operation:
5:30-11:00pm (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
5:30pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00pm-Midnight (food available until 10.30pm)
(last bookings 10:15pm)
12:00-11:00pm (food available until 8.30pm)
(last bookings 8:45pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Burgers, Steak
- Executive Chef: Richard Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hawksmoor Spitalfields
Named after Nicholas Hawksmoor's Christchurch Spitalfields, just down the road, Hawksmoor Spitalfields opened in 2006 to rave reviews, reigniting London's love affair with steak. Hawksmoor Spitalfields is an unpretentious, quality obsessed steak house, serving exclusively British beef from traditional breeds, supplied by award winning butchers The Ginger Pig. The 115 cover restaurant also has an extensive wine list featuring favourite small producers and big vineyards alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hawksmoor Spitalfields - Best restaurants in Spitalfields ›
Hawksmoor Spitalfields reviews from OpenTable diners
879 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (520)fit for foodies (420)business meals (340)romance (237)sunday lunch (227)group bookings (178)pre/post theatre (67)brunch (40)child friendly (30)outstanding value (28)outdoor eating (9)good vegetarian options (8)disabled access (6)afternoon tea (5)Show More
- price to experience ratio doesn't equatethewonderingchewDined on 24/11/2014Hawksmoor is good. Hawkesmoor make steak. That's it. Nothing profound its not worth the price. They source great meat. Big problem is waiting 10 min for your bottle of wine and having to remind them they have forgotten the wine as your starters arrive you point it out to them, and no apology being made, and then having to re-order the water too. Minor, yes. But when you're paying £75 pounds a head on a Monday night, this isn't on. That's the price to quality ratio not equating. If you do go there, try the D-rump. Delicious.Special Features:
- Special birthday treatSassDined on 23/11/2014I took my husband to Hawksmoor on Sunday for a birthday treat as he loves a good Sunday roast. He voted it 10/10 and definitely the best Sunday roast in London. They have some amazing cocktails to start - I recommend Shaky Pete's. As I'm a vegetarian I had several side dishes, all of which were really tasty and I felt like I'd had a proper Sunday lunch too. I recommend the peanut butter shortbread dessert to follow. The restaurant felt really cosy and romantic and the service was just right - attentive without being too hurried. It is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary!!CatherineRDined on 22/11/2014Great atmosphere. Felt welcomed. Polite, attentive staff. Food was gorgeous! Service was excellent! Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for my boyfriend's birthdayIndreDined on 21/11/2014I took my boyfriend out for his Birthday dinner. I guess you can't go wrong with steak for a man. Food was really good and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACE !LadyGagaDined on 20/11/2014Always excellent. Food is top class. love the ambience. Order as much food as possible and savour every last mouthful. love it!Special Features:
- a great eveningscofferDined on 19/11/2014Met my daughter to celebrate her new job. Started with two good cocktails served by a welcoming barman. Moved on to the potted beef and yorkshire puds starter (fantastic) and shared a rib-eye steak (cooked perfectly). Washed down with a delicious bottle of red which was a bargain at £26. Great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, great portion, awesome Sunday Roast!!ernzDined on 16/11/2014This is a good Sunday Lunch, I think it is slightly over priced given what the food is however it really is very well cooked. Only flaw was that Yorkshire puds were more cooked than I'd like them. But my bf and I just like ours crisp and a bit doughy. Might just be our preference though. You need to get in before 5 though as the Sunday Roasts sell out by then and its quite obvious why. Restaurant can be a bit loud.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Had a lovely time at Hawksmoor with my partner for our anniversary Meal. We had the Steak which was amazing and cooked to perfection - fab restaurant and would recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBeachbabeiwishDined on 15/11/2014Fab, fab, fab! Booked for our anniversary meal was amazing.. Food was excellent and enormous! We had the bacon gravy and Yorkshire pud for starters..Delicious! Mains of course steak rib eye medium-rare was cooked to perfection. We ordered a lot of sides to share and the Mac-cheese was our fav. Don't leave without trying the Carmel salted rolos! Service was super, we were treated very well. We where early because of a disappointment at a pervious booking but they found us a earlier table. We had a great waited called Matt, who made lots of lovely recommendations and was very attentive. Fab night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was average. Not a touch on Goodman.NickDined on 13/11/2014This is second time I've been to hawksmoor, and I came back to see if the first poor experience was a one off - I'm sad to say it wasn't. Service was great. Wine and cocktails are great, but for the best steak in London you can't come here. Goodman is a level above this, if anything this feels like your run of the meal restaurant that just churns out customers one after another. For real AGED tender steak you have to go to Goodman.Special Features:
- Buzzy restaurantKarenVIPDined on 12/11/2014Fantastic service. My other half loved the restaurant and thought the food was great (I'm not really a steak eater). Restaurant was very busy and quite noisy. Not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday RoastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Food was amazing, and the service first class. It was very busy so a lot of hustle and bustle in the restaurant but overall a great and highly recommended experience!Special Features:
- Great overall first roast in LDNMTLgirlinLDN2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went here for my first British Sunday roast experience as it was recommended by friends since I've recently relocated to the UK from Canada. The meat was amazing! It was a great first roast experience! The service was impeccable. Our waitress was soooo sweet and had great banter. The only things that disappointed me were the roast potatoes that were slightly dry, and the absence of cauliflower & cheese (which I was told was a roast MUST and was super looking forward to). Highly recommend! Great food, great staff, great atmosphere! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawksmoor Spitalfields reviewSteviemunchDined on 8/11/2014This was the first time I had dined at Hawksmoor (apart from visiting the bar) but I had high expectations based on friends recommendations and great reviews. It did not disappoint. Food quality and service were exceptional, the waiter went through all the different kinds of steak cut in detail to help you come to a perfect choice. Be warned, however; it isn't cheap, but so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was amazing and the restaurant had a very good 'buzz' about it. The waiter was excellent and nothing was too much effort. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJamesGDined on 8/11/2014Best steak!! Well looked after!! Helpful waiters!!! Really looked after us on our anniversary!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak DinnerLeonora7Dined on 8/11/2014A first visit to Hawsmoor confirmed the recommendations I had received. Starter of yorkshire puddings with potted beef and gravy; excellent steak, cooked to perfection with accompanying chips with a divinely moreish quality, beautiful al dente broccoli and luscious bone marrow gravy. All finished off with a restrained chocolate tart and creme fraiche. Superb dinner. Thanks Hawksmoor.Special Features:
- awesome steak, as usualbertsDined on 6/11/2014i had many meals at hawksmoor and it is still my favourite steak place in london. you pay for it but its worth it.Special Features:
- power cutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014turned up at the restaurant to find a sign in the window that said the restaurant had a power cut. have not heard anything since.
- I love this place!foodloverDined on 2/11/2014Amazing food once again from The Hawksmoor! If you love your meat and a great atmosphere then I highly recommend you come here for a treat, everything is brilliantly done and waiters that can really recommend sides, sauces, cuts etc.Special Features:
- Exactly what we were looking forFoodie8Dined on 1/11/2014We had a wonderful evening, starting with some champagne at the bar downstairs, as this was a special occasion. The service was excellent. We were told when our table was ready and were looked after in the same professional but friendly manner throughout the evening. The food was also excellent! Best steaks ever - cooked exactly as ordered. We will be back for the next special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak for a treatCandIDined on 1/11/2014It's not cheap but it is worth it. If you love steak this is a fantastic place to eat. The waiters are knowledgable and professional. The choice whilst steak focused is wide - especially when it comes to the size of the cut. We went for lunch on a saturday and although quieter at 1pm when we arrived soon filled up. I would happily go back - perhaps for dinner one evening as the wine menu was fantastic.Special Features:
- Good food but...IoannisDined on 31/10/2014Food was good, but goodmans is better and for the same price.
- Hawksmoor, Spitalfieldssunchymeno9Dined on 30/10/2014My partner and I attended for our 5 year anniversary as a special treat to ourselves. Hawksmoor is not a cheap restaurant, but you can tell you get what you pay for. Fast and attentive servers made you feel welcome, and a good range of meat options for the main course. We went with a 650g Chateaubriand steak to share which was about right for two people. A little salty exterior, but perfectly cooked internally. Sides : creamed spinach, sweet potato and mushrooms, the first two complimented the steak perfectly. I also tried the cornflake milkshake which is well worth an investment. This isn't the kind of place you'd go for a weekly meal owing to cost, but it's perfect for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great steak & amazing chips!SpeckyLouDined on 29/10/2014Visited Hawksmoor Spitalfields for an early dinner with my two teenage children. The service was great, the servers could not be more helpful over which steaks to choose& how best to have them cooked. The cocktails were wonderful (both the alcoholic & soft versions) and the food when it appeared, delicious. Would recommend this restaurant & will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawksmoor SpitafielldsadkronkyDined on 28/10/2014Amazing porterhouse steak done just as we wanted and with perfect seasoning. Very kind and helpful staff! The sides were perfect, we ordered creamed spinach which was outstanding plus fries with pepper sauce which was great too. Overall amazing experience. Reservation is a must as the place was packed on a week night.Special Features:
- Top Class Steak!pursejam82Dined on 28/10/2014Absolutely love Hawksmoor. Have been several times, as per usual my steak was cooked to perfection! Thanks again for a wonderful lunch!Special Features:
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014Choice of set or a la carte for Sunday. We both chose the set roast beef, with Yorkshire. We've been during the week, so stakes are great. Wine list and dessert are OK. Service is good, but be warned, the place is packed...a good thing of course, but don't expect to go and just get in, they are turning people away. We've gone amnay times and really enjoy...they have other locations, but we always got Spitalfields...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 25/10/2014Always a great experience at hawkmoor service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014Spent a mid Oct 14, Friday Evening in Hawksmoor. The service was very good and staff made us feel very welcome, the place was smart and trendy…..but Hawsmoor's main strength lays in its food. We had Rib-eyes for our main course and they were fantastic and the chips could possibly rate as the best I ever had. Could not fault any thing on our plates! Bill wasn't cheap, but well worth it! I would love to try the Sunday lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenteplauVIPDined on 24/10/2014Fab venue - loved the food and excellent service - will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningScotsmanDined on 24/10/2014Most enjoyable dinner for two with my wife to start our short break in London - definitely the best steaks in LondonSpecial Features:
- Steak heaven!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 24/10/2014The steak was to die for, never before have I tasted such an amazing steak. Thought I would try the bone marrow gravy which was so good, I'm actually gonna look at making my own for Christmas dinner. Good service and happy staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!EddieDined on 24/10/2014This was my second visit to a Hawksmoor restaurant and the service and food was as excellent as ever. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- foodilicious!!CharCharDined on 23/10/2014i went to Hawksmoor for the first time with a friend, we had scallops and potted beef a bacon, we were pleasantly surprised. We then had a fillet steak chips and cream spinach the food was divine, the drinks menu was a bit of a let down. Would recommend Hawksmoor food is AMAZINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014Fabulous food and friendly, helpful staff. Nice bar upstairs to have one or more pre-lunch cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 19/10/2014Took my partner to Hawksmoor for sunday lunch to celebrate his birthday, we received fantastic service from the staff throughout and they even gave us an impromptu birthday shortbread. Thanks for looking after your customers Hawksmoor we will be back.Special Features:
- BEEF-A-LICIOUS SUNDAYFoodAHolicDined on 19/10/2014I took my partner to this restaurant to treat him for being such an amazing boyfriend, and boy did I treat myself in the process. This isn't just any roast, this is a Hawksmoor roast! At £19.50 each, its a steal for the amazing presentation and delicious food that lays before you. The beef is the best i've ever tasted, cooked to perfection as it simply falls away from the knife as you cut in, the spuds that sit in the yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings was heavenly. I'm going to dream about this dinner for months to come and will be using any excuse to go back again! This is a MUST TRY! I cannot praise the staff enough, get down there now before they have to start waiting lists for being so popular!Special Features:
- Excellent steak, great settingTomHDined on 18/10/2014One of the best slices of cow ive ever tasted, topped of with an extensive cocktail list and top class service. Not cheap but certainly worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyGeogjamesDined on 17/10/2014We had a lovely meal for two. Relaxed and friendly service and the food was delicious. Recommend the marmalade cocktails and the chateaubriand.Special Features: