Homage at The Waldorf Hilton
22 The Aldwych, The Waldorf Hilton
London, WC2B 4DDNeighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: £41 and over
Homage at The Waldorf Hilton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waldorfhilton.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077594083
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Afternoon Tea: Mon - Sun: 1.30pm - 4.00pm Dinner: Mon - Sat: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Sun: 5.30pm - 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Johan Rox
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, High Tea, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Homage at The Waldorf Hilton
With an unique setting on Aldwych, Homage at The Waldorf Hilton is designed to be relaxed, elegant and just a little theatrical. Soaring Ionic pillars are topped in gold, striking photographic pieces hang from the ceiling and chandeliers cast a romantic glow over the room. Serving food and drinks from breakfast until late, Homage offers a flexibility which suits Londoners to a tee. Pre-theatre diners might choose a meal in the elegant Grand Salon while afternoon tea connoisseurs will no doubt be impressed by the Homage Private Bar where exquisite cakes and pastries are made on site. The Good Godfrey’s Bar and Lounge is open all day and is a meeting place to rival all others, a chic space where cocktails, coffee and wines can be enjoyed by the many different types of people who find themselves drawn to this fantastic meeting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Homage at The Waldorf Hilton reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (33)pre/post theatre (32)romance (17)business meals (16)outstanding value (9)fit for foodies (9)good vegetarian options (7)group bookings (7)brunch (6)afternoon tea (6)sunday lunch (3)disabled access (2)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- One of worst meals everRestaurantInspector2Dined on 13/8/2014Very poor service , long waits to be seated and order taken etc Waiters not interested, tablecloth not clean and food small tasteless meals tough meat What else can I say
- BabusDined on 5/8/2014Had a very pleasant evening The food was well presented in nouveau cuisine style. The background music was pleasant and discreet .and staff was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBoneyDined on 26/7/2014Went there for pre theatre menu,in the room next door there was a wedding reception and maybe that's why the service was so bad,wine selection is the same as a supermarket just 6 times the price,as we finished our main meal we were finally asked if we wanted a bread roll which would have been nice an hour earlier with our soup,had to go looking for someone to pay the bill,this was definately not what we expected when we booked homage at the Waldorf Hilton ,the food we really enjoyed the service dreadful they were trying to serve our main course but we still had plates from our starters ,as you can expect I will not be going back
- FOFI74FOFIDined on 3/6/2014HOMAGE AT THE WALDORF FOR PRE-THEATRE SUPPER. IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO BE SEATED - THERE WAS NO-ONE AT THE RECEPTION DESK AND THE MAITRE D' WAS TAKING A FOOD ORDER. WE HAD TO WAIT SOME CONSIDERABLE TIME TO BE SEATED, AS DID FOLLOWING GUESTS. NOT TOO GOOD. THE WAITER SERVICE WAS FINE AND THE FOOD WAS OK - NOTHING REALLY SPECIAL. THE ROOM LACKED ATMOSPHERE AND HAD REALLY BAD MUZACK PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND. A MIXED EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingUltimateFoodieDined on 30/5/2014The set menu was very basic, the food was very average, and the staff were inattentive (dirty glasses left on the table, waiting a long time between courses). We ordered a bottle of wine with our meal and not one member of staff checked the situation to see if our glasses needed to be refilled. Having previously eaten at the Savoy hotel, where the attention to detail, care of staff and the set menu was amazing (and also better value), I don't think we will be choosing to dine at Waldorf again.Special Features:
- Great post theatre44kinggeorgeVIPDined on 24/5/2014Very good top table set menu for £35.00 that has a wide selection of items. The location is excellent for either pre/post theatre and the ambiance is excellent. Large room but quiet dining makes this a perfect to not only eat, but also hear a conversation with your dinner guests.
- HomageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/5/2014The food was extremely good. Service was very good and I will visit again soonSpecial Features:
- TheGourmetDined on 3/5/2014The food was delicious, the ambience of the restaurant was perfect and the service of our waiter, Javier, was just as it should be, attentive but not at all pushy or pestering. This evening could not have been more enjoyable for myself and my girlfriend. I definitely recommend this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBatwingsVIPDined on 23/4/2014Good service and ambience. The food was above average.Special Features:
- School reunionCaroDined on 29/3/2014I booked the Homage as I wanted to go somewhere special to meet old school friends after 30 years of not seeing them. We had a very helpful, friendly waiter who was happy to check/change ingredients regarding the vegetarian options. The food was delicious, we went for the set menu and glass of bubbly for £32 for 3 courses. My only criticism is it lacked a bit of atmosphere and therefore may not be so good for romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homage to L'HomageCookieDined on 26/3/2014There to celebrate a special birthday, it was a great family occasion. Staff were attentive, welcoming and patient, displaying an attention to detail. The surroundings and ambience were ideal for such an occasion while the menu and wine list provided excellent choice. Well worth the money paid and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was good .MartinDined on 22/3/2014The service was very good but the food did not live up to the name . Our wine was very good but at 28 pounds a bottle so it should be . A 30 pounds per head turned into 90 pounds for two . The surroundings were impressive.Special Features:
- dinner at HomagelonvisDined on 22/3/2014While staying at the Waldorf, we invited Canadian friends to join us at Homage for dinner. They were most impressed, and will be choosing the Waldorf as their base on their next visit. Great food, superb service...couldn't fault one single aspect of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great offerCrescamDined on 21/3/2014Enjoyed our experience. Though it didn't have enough of a wow factor to warrant 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening.RathiDined on 16/3/2014We dined as four people and two of our guests were very late. The staff did not push us to order or ask for an explanation. They were patient and friendly throughout. The food was very good and the portions a healthy size (not too small!). Lovely music played throughout the meal. I dined on a three courses and a glass of wine for £28 deal. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Classy meal at classy restaurantTeddyDined on 21/2/2014My wife and I dines at the Homage on Friday 21st February. Not our first meal at this restaurant and certainly not our last. The service is attentive without being intrusive. The food good quality and we enjoyed the set menu. Great ambience. Try It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor servicetoniDined on 14/2/2014We booked a table for having a romantic dinner at a Friday. The waiter arrived at our table 5min later to ask if we wanted to order water... then we did not see or hear from him for another 30min. We had to finally call him over to make him aware that we would like to order. This awful service continued the whole dinner. The food was ok, but did not impress us. I would not recommend that place for a special occasion, but rather a casual afternoon tea or brunch.Special Features:
- Homage at the WaldorfDinnerdatesDined on 8/2/2014Had an evening meal after the theatre here. The staff were friendly and helpful, the lounge bar was comfortable and we received good service. The dining was good also and the food was very good. I would recommend restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatreMrsMelvDined on 3/2/2014My husband, 8 year-old daughter and I dined here as part of a pre theatre package. The set menu was very basic and the food was average at best. Before being seated the staff were not great although one waiter in particular made a nice gesture of asking if everything was alright when he noticed I was not eating my mussel starter. Overall cannot complain given this was part of a package so only had to pay for drinks and service charge but had we booked and paid full price would have been disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointingLondonbaby2Dined on 2/2/2014There were no directions as to where the restaurant was when we arrived, I know not hard to find but we wandered till we stumbled on to it! We were greeted by hostess & taken to our table, right through the restaurant to the door to the kitchen seated behind the waiter service area! The place had 4 other tables occupied! The food was served quickly & was nothing to write home about. One of our party was gluten free & waited 15 mins for bread to arrive and the could only have 1 choice from main menu, Salmon, just 1 is not a choice! Then 1 choice from the dessert menu, fruit salad! We paid & left! Two members paid a visit to the bathrooms while we were there and had to report the bathroom for being dirty/smelly to staff! Disappointing.
- dinner with friends3GirlstogetherDined on 31/1/20144 of us enjoyed a set price dinner in luxury surroundings. Good service and ambiance
- Lovely evening at elegant HomageAlleywallieDined on 31/1/2014My friends and I enjoyed a very pleasant evening at Homage. The food was good, the service very professional and pleasant & the setting is pleasingly grand without being overpowering. We managed to turn the £32 special offer into £60 per head with water & just two of bottles of wine, but I would be happy to go back there to do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good MealnafoDined on 11/1/2014We were staying at the Waldorf and saw this TopTable deal. Not a good move. Arrive 20:30 and seated quickly. Shown Menu and ordered. Starters took a while to arrive and when they did my Steamed Mussels were sent straight back. They were cold . My wife had finished her starter by the time they reappeared. I've better Mussels from Sainsbury's Then started the long wait for our mains. I'm not sure what was going on but a number of other diners were not happy. Our waiter was very apologetic and offered us an extra glass of wine. The desserts, when they arrive, were the one thing that we were served that were of the quality that i would have expected. Based on my experience I could not recommend the Homage at the Waldorf as a place to eat.
- new years eve 2013DKMikeyDined on 31/12/2013Dined here new years eve 2013 and everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't as good as the lastSophieDined on 27/12/2013It wasn't as good as the last time we went as we didn't have enough time for the set menu so it wasn't as good as value for money. Also I found my starter a little on the salty side. I still enjoyed the ambience and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very Merry Christmas!StephVIPDined on 25/12/2013We booked into Homage Christmas lunch at short notice and were expecting it to be a bit disappointing on the basis it was mass catering on a day when the staff would rather not be working. But we were wrong; we had an excellentmeal and a wodnerful day! Highlight was the black cod with orange & dill crust but the carpaccio of smoked duck (accompanied by the obligatory waldorf salad) was also delicious. But the greated surprise was the turkey: moist, flavourful and interesting (no mean feat after 3 other turkey dinners this December!). The table service was a bit haphazard but this was put down to a move of venue from Homage itself to the beautiful Palm Court - worth it for the sense of occasion! We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedGingerDined on 19/12/2013Having tried quite a few Top table deals at London Hotels, this was the most disappointing. The Christmas set meal was ok but not particularly tasty, the service was functional and the room had very little atmosphere - not a place I would revisit.
- Not impressedEdgarDined on 13/12/201333£ for three meals and sparkling wine sounded too good to be true, and it was. Service is not good at all. Foof is OK, not more. - we were recommended house wine that "goes with all food" when we asked for wine recommendations for our meal - had to ask to replace and lite the candle on our table - spilled red winve on our table - had to wait for 15 min to ask to get a bill - we were not asked how we wanted our meat cooked - had to ask for a meat knife - Nothing for a quiet dinner or special occasions, we could barely hear ourselves.Special Features:
- Good Venue, Small PortionsAdamaDined on 13/12/2013Had the '3 courses plus glass of Prosecco' offer - group of three friends. Good food and good service, and quite a buzzy adtmosphere - though the portions are quite smallI would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb birthday treatBirthdayBashDined on 13/12/2013I almost never dine in London and was looking for somewhere to enjoy dinner pre-theatre as part of a 60th birthday treat for my mother. This place really hit the mark. The setting was grand but the feel was relaxed. We went for a full three courses of the Christmas menu and the food was exceptional. Everything was well cooked and delicious. Never tried Christmas pudding cheesecake? Then I recommend you give it a go, although the need for an accompanying ginger and mandarin sorbet was not unanimously agreed upon (personally I give it the thumbs up!). If you want a special dining experience then I would recommend a meal at Homage - just do not turn up early as a tight turnaround from afternoon tea means no access before 5.30pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue for Xmas partyNXA77Dined on 11/12/2013Homage at the Waldorf Hilton was a great choice for a work Christmas meal. We selected the special offer (3 courses for £33) and this made it worthwhile. The food was good (not excellent but definitely nice), but the atmosphere and friendly service really made it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here with a groupHayleyDined on 8/12/2013We went here with a group of 8 for a christmas dinner. The atmosphere was very christmassy with christmas crackers on the table which was a very nice touch! The food was lovely, but the service felt a bit rushed and they could have done with a few more members of staff. The meal was great value and it is a very nice venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical tourist trap!DissappointedDined on 6/12/2013I took a group of 8 customers here last week. It took over 2 hours to serve a 3 course set meal, the food was over seasoned and reheated, some of the order wasn't even correct. Gave up waiting for coffee at 11pm! Nice decor but that was the only positive!
- ok-ish food. Not good for allergiesNiiiceVIPDined on 29/11/2013Lovely room and ambiance, however they were not able to cater for my allergies and expected me to eat a dry piece of pork. The chef was not able to cook me a separate sauce or gravy which was highly disappointing and throroughly disgusting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top marks for Homage at Waldorf!JudeR66Dined on 21/11/2013Super dining experience at Homage! Fantastic value for fabulous food. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys good food in gorgeous surroundings. Top marks to toptable for this recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food. Most enjoyableAnonDined on 20/11/2013Lovely food. Most enjoyable meal - especially at Top Table rate. Full price is quite expensive.Special Features:
- Homage at The Waldorf HiltonIndianDined on 16/11/2013The restaurant and the bar are run by different "department" therefore cannot add your bill to your table. You need to have a seat in the bar area, before you can be serve, but there was no available seat and I was left standing around. Until I had to had a discussion with someone who made it clear he was doing be a favour.Special Features:
- We booked for a special occasionstephDined on 14/11/2013We booked for a special occasion and asked to be on a nice table not near the toilets or serving hatch - we got the serving hatch! Service a bit amateurish but on the whole a good eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice place to dinePmatinDined on 11/11/2013Very nice and grand building. Great location, a little pricey but expected. Food is great and service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homage at Walsorf HiltonMopatsDined on 9/11/2013Homage at Walsorf Hilton was a pleasant experience. We had the 3 course set menu with a glass of sweet sparkling wine (too sweet). The food & the service were good but pricy. The décor is dull & dated. It somewhere we wanted to try.Special Features: