Upper Ground - South Bank
London, SE1 9PXNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/34928/food-and-drink/mezzanine.html
- Phone: 020 7452 3600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Monday to Saturday 17:30 pm to 11:00 pm
Lunch - Monday to Saturday 12 noon - 2:30pm
We open on Sundays for lunch on matinee days from 12 noon - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from House
Overlooking London's River Thames, House is one of two restaurants located in the iconic National Theatre on London’s South Bank. Naturally, House restaurant is absolutely ideal for pre-theatre dining with a special, super-quick two-course pre-theatre menu. Staff are experts at serving you swiftly so you can settle in your seat before curtain. House is usefully open for post-theatre too. However, House restaurant has come in to its own thanks to its convenient location, attractive surroundings and great food, making this chic little restaurant popular in its own right. Simply decorated in mid-century tones and shapes which complement the iconic architecture of the building, House is bang on trend but timeless all at once. A short and sweet modern European lunch and supper menu offers everything you can ask for from a sophisticated London restaurant plus an excellent selection of drinks to ensure your evening is a smash hit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
House reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (10)fit for foodies (3)business meals (3)group bookings (1)special occasions (0)romance (0)Show More
- HousekevinoVIPDined on 15/11/2014Has a perfectly pleasant experience with a good choice on the menu, efficient and friendly service and tasty food. Ideal prior to a performance at the National Theatre but probably wouldn't visit otherwise as it is slightly lacking in atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat-heavy menu, superbly cookedMsCrabappleDined on 6/11/2014Not much ambience but an attractive enough interior. Generous portions of well and executed food, well presented. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House ExperienceAllieVIPDined on 31/10/2014The new House restaurant at The National Theatre is a vast improvement on the restaurant that was formally there. Firstly, the style and ambience have been much improved to give it a more contemporary feeling. There is a special 2/3 course menu that is usually booked along with theatre tickets. The a la carte menu offers lots of choices with good size servings. We both had the chicken liver pate, served with thin crisp bread, that was delicious. We then went for the short ribs that were tasty but a bit too heavy. With no room for dessert we opted for coffee. Definitely worh a visit especially when visiting the National Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb HousePinkPDined on 31/10/2014Would cerainly return to 'House'. Attentive service, excellent food, good ambience with views of the Thames. COnvenient location. Thank you.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the House reviews archive.