Hush Brasserie - Holborn
95-97 High Holborn
London, WC1V 6LFNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Hush Brasserie - Holborn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hushbrasseries.com/
- Phone: 02072424580x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Nichol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lower ground floor brand new Private Dining Room seating up to 45 people for a sit down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Isaacs 02076591511x
A word from Hush Brasserie - Holborn
Offering coffee to cocktails via lunch and dinner, Hush Brasserie Holborn is a friendly neighbourhood brasserie in the heart of the city. Little sister to the iconic Hush Mayfair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hush Brasserie - Holborn reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since 25 May 2014
business meals (109)pre/post theatre (68)group bookings (66)brunch (66)fit for foodies (37)special occasions (34)outstanding value (28)romance (27)afternoon tea (23)outdoor eating (17)sunday lunch (13)good vegetarian options (10)child friendly (10)disabled access (5)Show More
- Good filling breakfast. RelaxedrichDined on 18/9/2014Relaxed quiet atmosphere. A good breakfast. I'll keep coming here for meetingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Holborn gemZcapVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great little place for a set menu - good food and service - especially with any toptable deal...Special Features:
- Ok with a discountglitzybabeDined on 28/8/2014Thursday night dinner with a friend. 4 dishes between us - not bad. Pulled pork burger was passable, the pork had too much sauce but the bun was very nice. Beef burger with pulled pork add-on was nice and fat but the pulled pork add on was tiny. Both came with a side salad - it was so small it looked mean. Roasted vegetables with quinoa were nice and nicely balanced with goats cheese. Squid starter was not nice. Very very oily and undercooked. With the opentable discount it was Ok, however I would never pay full price. Our waitress was not particularly friendly or nice. The house wine is good.Special Features:
- Girls' lunchFrancophileDined on 27/8/2014Great venue close to Holborn tube for a speedy catch-up lunch. Delicious food, very friendly service and set menu is great value for money.Special Features:
- a good findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 22/8/2014really enjoyed our meal here. Booked for 5 - friends i'd not seen for a while, so it was a great place to catch up. we were not hurried, made to feel very welcome, and the food was just what we wanted. Nicely served, beautifully cooked and tasty. I would happily go there again.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodcook991Dined on 20/8/2014Had a lovely meal in here, service couldn’t have been any better. Starter (Crab and avocado) was so good along with steak for main. Gin cocktails were perfect too, will certainly be going back again !! And visiting the other branches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedPipsta43Dined on 18/8/2014I think this restaurant was quiet because of its location which is a shame as the food, ambience and service were all very good. I had the steak and lobster offer and they were both delicious. My friend had the half chicken and she cleared her plate. The service was efficient and friendly and smiley. Just as it should be. We sat outside and it was surprisingly pleasant as the restaurant is on a busy street. The bushes in pots provide a nice low level screen which almost made it feel like you were sitting in a garden. Inside there weren't too many table occupied but it was very nicely lit and laid ready. The facilities were also very clean and odour free! I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Lovely Midtown spottruthbombDined on 18/8/2014Met a friend here for brunch. Staff were incredibly helpful, coffee suitably potent, eggs Benedict delicious! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DiningBlackDogVIPDined on 15/8/2014Very good food but portions rather small. OpenTable offer makes it good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit,better experience.Lond1EatDined on 9/8/2014This is my second visit to the Hush,this little restaurant in Holborn very close my office is set to become a favorite place to eat, had a great meal this time. Service was excellent, we were served by an Asian guy with Spec, probably the best waiter EVER!!! No doubt, this guy will let you feel like a king or queen in that restaurant. Lobster Roll was really good and the Prawn Risotto was the best I have ever tasted: just the right degree of aroma and the right amount of curry sauce perfectly balanced. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicecottekatDined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed my Saturday lunch with friends at Hush with an opentable 50% discount off food. Restaurant wasn't very busy as not in the heart of the West End, however I imagine it would be busy during the week with city workers. A small menu but with some really good food and I enjoyed the interesting soft drinks they had (I had Jasmine tea with strawberry & elderflower). You could sit outside but it was quite hot so looked cooler inside. I thought we had fantastic service, we had a great meal but without the 50% discount it might have been a bit pricey. Interested to try the other branches at St Pauls & Mayfair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentluv2dineDined on 23/7/2014Second trip for dinner and just as good. The waiter did forget about my creamed spinach but atleast hadn't charged for it. Aside from that definitely worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value set menukate2012Dined on 19/7/2014I met a group of friends here for lunch and we all opted for the set menu which was good value. The food was tasty albeit not very exciting, I left feeling like I could have eaten more even though I had the 3 course set menu! It was a Saturday so not very busy, as it's near the City.Special Features:
- 1mdoneDined on 18/7/2014Had a business lunch here last week, and overall it's a great option if you're in the Holborn area: attentive service, a decent lunch menu and drinks list. The only down-side was that if they had air-con it was either broken or inadequate, to the extent that my guests and I were uncomfortably warm by the end of the meal and left sooner than we otherwise would have. Still, it's a good venue with good food, and had it been a cooler day I'd have scored it 4 stars for ambience as well. Will return soon if they fix the air-con, not so soon otherwise.Special Features:
- disappointing mealfoodfanDined on 16/7/2014Service was friendly and attentive. Food was not so good. Crab starter did not taste of crab. Steaks were tough, overcooked and full of gristle. Very disappointing overall, but the 50% discount was some compensation.Special Features:
- Mediocre food, friendly serviceBee65Dined on 16/7/2014Went there for a quick business lunch, for the first time. Starter was an extremely salty calamari which I sent back to the chef and main course was a crispy duck salad which was spoilt by over use of sticky sweet hoisin sauce. I had to eat it as I was starving! The waitress was sweet and apologetic and I have to commend her patience..wish i knew her name. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Get the chopped saladWanderingFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Best chopped salad I've ever had. Loads of white meat chicken, crunchy fresh vegetables, perfect vinegarette...yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value and qualitylordbDined on 8/7/2014Had some character unlike other bland chains in the area. Good food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try harderJamieDined on 5/7/2014Rather disappointed overall with our visit to Hush Brasserie. Staff are pleasant, but the service is woeful - some serious training is needed here. Despite the restaurant being almost entirely empty, 3 of us were squeezed in a far corner at a table for 2. We moved eventually. Getting any attention from staff (to order, to get the bill etc) was difficult, though service was not unfriendly. Food was good but turned up within minutes of being ordered (i.e. had been sitting around) and was overpriced. Aspen Fries sounded nicer than they were - they just had a little grated parmesan on top & a tiny bit of black truffle. We were there for over 90 minutes and only had one course (after bread & olives). Excellent Tomato Juice though.
- Really nice eggs with salmon.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Pancakes were dry. However waitress was abit miserableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchLovelyDined on 25/6/2014Met for a business lunch, good atmosphere and busy. Service was friendly but could have been a bit quicker with bill as lunch time is limited. Food was lovely - recommend the roast cod. Prices ok - there are set menus that are very reasonable. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, quiet by nightcharliebDined on 18/6/2014It would be expensive without the offer, but all the food was well cooked and tasty and service was good. It's very busy in the day but the area is dead at night so there is little ambience, but would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger with Great serviceLuv2eaTDined on 7/6/2014All I need to say is this is the best burger I have ever tasted !! After trying several of the new popular burger joints in London, Hush Hamburger still top of my list. Great quality meat, wonderfully simple and good burgers generally, combined with great service and atmosphere is a winner. will definitely come back..Special Features:
- LunchLenaVIPDined on 4/6/2014Lunch was quick but didn't taste that nice and it was expensive for what is offeredSpecial Features:
- Lovely lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2014Took clients to Hush Brasserie for an informal lunch. The service was really good and the food also impressive: we nearly all had either the fish finger sandwich or the pulled pork brioche bun and they were both really good. Also the Jasmine Iced Tea was a popular choice and looked as impressive as it tasted! All in all it was a well paced (quick, but not rushed) lunch, we had a really good table too. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable atmosphere and good foodAntequeranaDined on 3/6/2014We catch up annually with friends who visit from Canada. Hush was a convenient place to meet up and chat. The wine and service was excellent, and the food pretty good. We were moved to a more cosy booth, which was thoughtful, and kept topped up with water. However the background music was quite loud, and at times made conversation difficult. We found the restaurant staff helpful and welcoming and appreciated their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food and serviceJohn7Dined on 31/5/2014We came early on a Saturday night for a pre comedy show meal. Service was outstanding and the food and cocktails were excellent. We had a Caesar salad, tiger prawn salad, burger and sorbet, Couple this with a 50% off food deal and you cannot go wrong. In fact, we agreed that if the offer wasn't on, we'd happily pay full price.Special Features:
- Good place - will returnFP2012Dined on 14/5/2014Good food (try the aspen fries) and good experience in general. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFionaDined on 10/5/2014We have eaten here before so expected better. Firstly the menu advertised on here was not what we we offered, being told by a rather offhand waitress "that probably starts on Wednesday". I had the ham hock salad with pickled mushrooms. The mushrooms were nice but the ham was low quality and the salad inedible as it was so oily. My main, macaroni cheese with "crispy bacon" was bland and boring with a few tiny bits of bacon within... this used to be a gorgeous dish! My friends choices (fish fingers and burger) were better.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Really enjoyed the burgers, just good all round grub.Special Features:
- FjjitghkDined on 3/5/2014Exceptional service! Good food. Pleasant ambient. Central location. The only problem is that on Saturday, it's very quiet and the kitchen closes at 9pm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Hush Brasserie - HolbornSJ1981Dined on 2/5/2014I'd had afternoon tea at the Hush Brasserie in Mayfair before which was lovely. The Holborn Brasserie is beautifully decorated also but was rather quiet on a Friday night. The food was good quality however and enjoyed by myself and my friends, and the service was attentive also.Special Features:
- Good choiceELGRNDined on 29/4/2014The service was friendly and efficient. Food came within minutes of ordering. Everyone enjoyed what they ate. The only negative would be the price - £23 for half a chicken, some brocolli and an ice tea with 12.5% service is steep even in central London.Special Features:
- An ok placeEvieVIPDined on 19/4/2014This is what I call an average restaurant - food is ok but nothing special. Service was very good.
- Poor poor serviceKatiemb1Dined on 16/4/2014I have been to this restaurant twice now and on both occasions the service has been bad. For ordering food the staff are reasonable paying enough attention to each table but once that is over and you try to order another drink or ask for the bill things become increasingly difficult. If you order a simple cocktail it arrives 10-15 mins later and trying to get the bill at the end of the night is near on impossible as the staff seem to do all they physically can to avoid eye contact and to stay out of sight. Nice food but after these two experiences I would never go back.
- yummy grubanj79Dined on 12/4/2014Took dad for birthday lunch before trip to the British Museum. Great service, lovely food and all round very nice. Almost too quiet on a Saturday lunchtime though. Definitely visit again, excellent value with top table deal.Special Features:
- Good food and on point staffkixensDined on 5/4/2014Hush is a 2 minute walk from Holborn station, yet feels quite secluded. We visited on Saturday afternoon and although there were other diners, it felt very peaceful and relaxed. The staff are attentive - perhaps upselling a little too hard, but all very polite. Food arrived in good time and was to a high standard. Their burger is quite high on my list of favourites and the plaice meuniere was absolutely delicious. My only (weak) criticism is that the doors on the bathroom stalls are made of frosted glass which, aesthetically, look modern and stylish, yet from inside, can feel a little bit exposed. I will be visiting again - food, service and ambience were all impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, just all a bit slowFrenchConnectionDined on 27/3/2014Ate here for a 'quick' business lunch and had to wait 40minutes for our food. Once it arrived, it was all very lovely. I have eaten here before 2 or 3 times before and never had such a delay, so hopefully a one off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findCWATDined on 19/3/2014Always struggling for somewhere to go for a working/business lunch around the Holborn area. This is a great find - convenient location, great food, excellent service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantRobbieDined on 18/3/2014Went on a Tuesday evening with my fiancee. It was steak and lobster night. We both had that and enjoyed it very much. Great value. Excellent service. Good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.