Hush Brasserie - Holborn
95-97 High Holborn
London, WC1V 6LFNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Hush Brasserie - Holborn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hushbrasseries.com/
- Phone: 020 7242 4580
- Hours of Operation:
Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Contemporary European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Nichol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lower ground floor brand new Private Dining Room seating up to 45 people for a sit down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Isaacs 02076591511x
A word from Hush Brasserie - Holborn
Offering coffee to cocktails via lunch and dinner, Hush Brasserie Holborn is a friendly neighbourhood brasserie in the heart of the city. Little sister to the iconic Hush Mayfair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hush Brasserie - Holborn reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since 24 November 2013
business meals (103)pre/post theatre (63)brunch (59)group bookings (58)special occasions (31)fit for foodies (28)romance (25)outstanding value (18)afternoon tea (17)outdoor eating (17)good vegetarian options (11)sunday lunch (10)child friendly (9)disabled access (3)Show More
- Good service and nice food.LizzieDined on 22/11/2014Food was delicious but we felt that having only 2 choices for starter and main isn't a great selection. Having at least 3 choices for them would really have helped. Good value overall and great service though it was a little quiet at 6pm on a Saturday. Prosecco was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly serviceren10Dined on 21/11/2014Good food (portions aren't large so we needed x2 courses, which was good value with the 30% offer) and friendly waiting staff. Bread is charged for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but constantly interrupted by waitress.kate2012Dined on 13/11/2014We felt the waitress was too attentive and she kept interrupting our conversation. She also poured the wine too much and I felt she was trying to get us to buy another bottle. She came to our table at least 15 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsZBELDined on 13/11/2014They brought pink chicken for my friend and wasn't cooked properly. My risotto with prawns for £14.95 had only 4 prawns and tasted just like cheap curry. It was obvious because they are busy they just serve you any food and expect you to leave early as possible. Overall food was poor and not worth the price, we won't be going back ther again
- Fantastic serviceLex432423Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Hush for my friends 30th for lunch - the waiters gave us the most wonderful table as we were a large group and paid particular attention to the birthday girl - making sure she had a drink as soon as she arrived. They also helped plan a cake with a candle and didn't charge us for this. The attention to detail and service made this meal. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchVallanaDined on 31/10/2014We booked here purely for its proximity to the British Musuem. On arrival we received a friendly welcome. We had the set lunch menu which included a glass of prosecco which was lovely. The food was good but there were only two choices on the set menu. The a la carte menu sounded good but again didn't look to be too many choices. Nice ambience as there seemed to be a buzz about it as it filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hush - lovelyPJaneJVIPDined on 22/10/2014First time at hush, there were 8 of us for a business lunch, the steaks looked lovely, I had duck salad and chips, very nice, bit too much food - but it was lovely, very reasonably priced, only criticism was it was very noisy in there, waitress really looked after us, two of the people on our table had deserts, they looked very delicious! Will definitely return, maybe in a smaller groupSpecial Features:
- GeminiJonesDined on 18/10/2014The interior, particularly if you seat in a booth, is tasteful & very comfortable. If you order from the set menu, it is extremely good value; I had 3 courses & a drink for £20.50, however, there is only a choice of two so this is very limited. My friends ordered from the usual menu and paid a much higher price for small portions & sides are extra. The service wasn't very good & yet they still add 12.5% service charge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnner4twoDined on 18/10/2014Good food, but the service was very poor - even when the restaurant wasn't very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingsarandbofiDined on 17/10/2014This restaurant was just perfect for a pre theatre dinner. The was lovely, service was spot on. The man who served us even reminded us of the time and showed us out of the restaurant and which way to head for the under ground. I couldn't fault this place at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in townFoodieluvDined on 16/10/2014I booked through opentable looking specifically for a deal but without compromising on quality. Heard they had the best burgers in town & they certainly lived up to that reputation, it's just a shame the service was a bit lacking & the deal that we booked - 30% off our food bill! was not recognised & we had to really fight to get! (We got it in the end) However food & ambiance good & service when we did get their attention was friendly, I would definitely go back for that burger though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burger800YearsVIPDined on 9/10/2014Met an old friend for lunch. It was out waitresses first day and she was lovely albeit a bit nervous. burger cooked medium rare and excellent All in all a perfectly pleasant lunchSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experience!AlexDined on 4/10/2014Fantastic food and great value made even better with 30% off 2 courses from the a la carte...superb service from all the team...a warm, friendly, genuine & delicious dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive staffbrunchblogDined on 4/10/2014We were greeted to the restaurant with slippers and our pick of tables. Our coffees were brought quickly and brunch was amazing. We were there for a few hours having a catch up and although they got quite busy they didn't bother us once to leave so they could have our table! Lovely staff and great food, will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good filling breakfast. RelaxedrichDined on 18/9/2014Relaxed quiet atmosphere. A good breakfast. I'll keep coming here for meetingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Holborn gemZcapVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great little place for a set menu - good food and service - especially with any toptable deal...Special Features:
- Ok with a discountglitzybabeDined on 28/8/2014Thursday night dinner with a friend. 4 dishes between us - not bad. Pulled pork burger was passable, the pork had too much sauce but the bun was very nice. Beef burger with pulled pork add-on was nice and fat but the pulled pork add on was tiny. Both came with a side salad - it was so small it looked mean. Roasted vegetables with quinoa were nice and nicely balanced with goats cheese. Squid starter was not nice. Very very oily and undercooked. With the opentable discount it was Ok, however I would never pay full price. Our waitress was not particularly friendly or nice. The house wine is good.Special Features:
- Girls' lunchFrancophileDined on 27/8/2014Great venue close to Holborn tube for a speedy catch-up lunch. Delicious food, very friendly service and set menu is great value for money.Special Features:
- a good findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 22/8/2014really enjoyed our meal here. Booked for 5 - friends i'd not seen for a while, so it was a great place to catch up. we were not hurried, made to feel very welcome, and the food was just what we wanted. Nicely served, beautifully cooked and tasty. I would happily go there again.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodcook991Dined on 20/8/2014Had a lovely meal in here, service couldn’t have been any better. Starter (Crab and avocado) was so good along with steak for main. Gin cocktails were perfect too, will certainly be going back again !! And visiting the other branches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedPipsta43Dined on 18/8/2014I think this restaurant was quiet because of its location which is a shame as the food, ambience and service were all very good. I had the steak and lobster offer and they were both delicious. My friend had the half chicken and she cleared her plate. The service was efficient and friendly and smiley. Just as it should be. We sat outside and it was surprisingly pleasant as the restaurant is on a busy street. The bushes in pots provide a nice low level screen which almost made it feel like you were sitting in a garden. Inside there weren't too many table occupied but it was very nicely lit and laid ready. The facilities were also very clean and odour free! I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Lovely Midtown spottruthbombDined on 18/8/2014Met a friend here for brunch. Staff were incredibly helpful, coffee suitably potent, eggs Benedict delicious! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DiningBlackDogVIPDined on 15/8/2014Very good food but portions rather small. OpenTable offer makes it good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit,better experience.Lond1EatDined on 9/8/2014This is my second visit to the Hush,this little restaurant in Holborn very close my office is set to become a favorite place to eat, had a great meal this time. Service was excellent, we were served by an Asian guy with Spec, probably the best waiter EVER!!! No doubt, this guy will let you feel like a king or queen in that restaurant. Lobster Roll was really good and the Prawn Risotto was the best I have ever tasted: just the right degree of aroma and the right amount of curry sauce perfectly balanced. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicecottekatDined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed my Saturday lunch with friends at Hush with an opentable 50% discount off food. Restaurant wasn't very busy as not in the heart of the West End, however I imagine it would be busy during the week with city workers. A small menu but with some really good food and I enjoyed the interesting soft drinks they had (I had Jasmine tea with strawberry & elderflower). You could sit outside but it was quite hot so looked cooler inside. I thought we had fantastic service, we had a great meal but without the 50% discount it might have been a bit pricey. Interested to try the other branches at St Pauls & Mayfair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentluv2dineDined on 23/7/2014Second trip for dinner and just as good. The waiter did forget about my creamed spinach but atleast hadn't charged for it. Aside from that definitely worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value set menukate2012Dined on 19/7/2014I met a group of friends here for lunch and we all opted for the set menu which was good value. The food was tasty albeit not very exciting, I left feeling like I could have eaten more even though I had the 3 course set menu! It was a Saturday so not very busy, as it's near the City.Special Features:
- 1mdoneDined on 18/7/2014Had a business lunch here last week, and overall it's a great option if you're in the Holborn area: attentive service, a decent lunch menu and drinks list. The only down-side was that if they had air-con it was either broken or inadequate, to the extent that my guests and I were uncomfortably warm by the end of the meal and left sooner than we otherwise would have. Still, it's a good venue with good food, and had it been a cooler day I'd have scored it 4 stars for ambience as well. Will return soon if they fix the air-con, not so soon otherwise.Special Features:
- disappointing mealfoodfanDined on 16/7/2014Service was friendly and attentive. Food was not so good. Crab starter did not taste of crab. Steaks were tough, overcooked and full of gristle. Very disappointing overall, but the 50% discount was some compensation.Special Features:
- Mediocre food, friendly serviceBee65Dined on 16/7/2014Went there for a quick business lunch, for the first time. Starter was an extremely salty calamari which I sent back to the chef and main course was a crispy duck salad which was spoilt by over use of sticky sweet hoisin sauce. I had to eat it as I was starving! The waitress was sweet and apologetic and I have to commend her patience..wish i knew her name. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Get the chopped saladWanderingFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Best chopped salad I've ever had. Loads of white meat chicken, crunchy fresh vegetables, perfect vinegarette...yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value and qualitylordbDined on 8/7/2014Had some character unlike other bland chains in the area. Good food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try harderJamieDined on 5/7/2014Rather disappointed overall with our visit to Hush Brasserie. Staff are pleasant, but the service is woeful - some serious training is needed here. Despite the restaurant being almost entirely empty, 3 of us were squeezed in a far corner at a table for 2. We moved eventually. Getting any attention from staff (to order, to get the bill etc) was difficult, though service was not unfriendly. Food was good but turned up within minutes of being ordered (i.e. had been sitting around) and was overpriced. Aspen Fries sounded nicer than they were - they just had a little grated parmesan on top & a tiny bit of black truffle. We were there for over 90 minutes and only had one course (after bread & olives). Excellent Tomato Juice though.
- Really nice eggs with salmon.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Pancakes were dry. However waitress was abit miserableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchLovelyDined on 25/6/2014Met for a business lunch, good atmosphere and busy. Service was friendly but could have been a bit quicker with bill as lunch time is limited. Food was lovely - recommend the roast cod. Prices ok - there are set menus that are very reasonable. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, quiet by nightcharliebDined on 18/6/2014It would be expensive without the offer, but all the food was well cooked and tasty and service was good. It's very busy in the day but the area is dead at night so there is little ambience, but would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger with Great serviceLuv2eaTDined on 7/6/2014All I need to say is this is the best burger I have ever tasted !! After trying several of the new popular burger joints in London, Hush Hamburger still top of my list. Great quality meat, wonderfully simple and good burgers generally, combined with great service and atmosphere is a winner. will definitely come back..Special Features:
- LunchLenaVIPDined on 4/6/2014Lunch was quick but didn't taste that nice and it was expensive for what is offeredSpecial Features:
- Lovely lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/6/2014Took clients to Hush Brasserie for an informal lunch. The service was really good and the food also impressive: we nearly all had either the fish finger sandwich or the pulled pork brioche bun and they were both really good. Also the Jasmine Iced Tea was a popular choice and looked as impressive as it tasted! All in all it was a well paced (quick, but not rushed) lunch, we had a really good table too. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable atmosphere and good foodAntequeranaDined on 3/6/2014We catch up annually with friends who visit from Canada. Hush was a convenient place to meet up and chat. The wine and service was excellent, and the food pretty good. We were moved to a more cosy booth, which was thoughtful, and kept topped up with water. However the background music was quite loud, and at times made conversation difficult. We found the restaurant staff helpful and welcoming and appreciated their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.