Hush Brasserie St Paul's
1 Ludgate Hill
London, EC4M 7AANeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £25 and under
Hush Brasserie St Paul's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hushbrasseries.com/
- Phone: 02072361544
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 10:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 10:30pm
Sunday: 9am - 10am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Rood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire.
- Private Party Facilities: Hush"s semi-private room is available for up to 20 guests, and we have a number of group dining menus available. The restaurant is available for exclusive hire for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Isaacs 02076591511
A word from Hush Brasserie St Paul's
Hush Brasserie is a friendly and relaxed all day brasserie overlooking St Paul"s Cathedral. The contemporary European menu offers an enticing breakfast menu featuring a "Benedicts" section alongside waffles, pancakes and granola, and brasserie favourites such as Lobster Rolls and Rib Eye Steak with Frites for lunch and dinner. Hush also offers High Tea with finger sandwiches and macarons, and an extensive Cocktail and Bar Snacks menu - perfect for after work drinks in the heart of the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBrunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
Hush Brasserie St Paul's - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Hush Brasserie St Paul's reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since 22 May 2014
business meals (97)brunch (65)group bookings (58)special occasions (39)fit for foodies (29)pre/post theatre (27)romance (26)afternoon tea (23)sunday lunch (22)outstanding value (19)child friendly (17)good vegetarian options (12)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Distinctly average.JonnyBDined on 5/9/2014We had lunch. I started with the beetroot, goats cheese and walnuts. Not enough goats cheese, which was very disappointing. It was more of a garnish that a main part of the dish. I had the Hush burger for my main course. It was an average burger with far too much sauce. The small bucket of lettuce leaves on the side (minus dressing) was pointless. So in summary, average food at city prices, but fairly good service.
- Great Food!K2014Dined on 30/8/2014The food and service were excellent. Waitress was attentive but not too overbearing. St Paul's in dead in the weekend, though! There was only 6 people including us on a Sat night. This is nothing to do with the restaurant though, the area is bustling during the week. Would recommend going Mon-Fri.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!iolliDined on 24/8/2014We were very happy with our dinner - all the dishes were delicious, the atmosphere and service were great. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedSteakyDined on 20/8/2014The £12 two course offer sounded good until we saw the actual menu - two options (a fish I don't like or broccoli), ended up spending more than £15 for 1 course. Also charged us for a side we hadn't ordered (but did eat!) and for water. Lovely place, good location, attentive staff though.Special Features:
- GoodlibsDined on 12/8/2014Good food, the Steak and Lobster was good value, it's just the service was a little lacking. Wasn't as atmospheric as the Mayfair branch but lovely location opposite St Paul's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent service, ok wineLouisDined on 10/8/2014We had a group get together at Hush over the weekend and the food was certainly the highlight of our visit. The service was friendly, but not very polished with drinks being spilt and somewhat pushy prompts to order. Overall we had a great time and the food was great. Recommended!Special Features:
- Good value for moneyTinkerbellDined on 30/7/2014Great option for lunch or dinner and great prices at this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing set menufalvenaVIPDined on 30/7/2014This visit was not as good as the previous two. I booked the set menu deal for 3 of us but between us we couldn't find one thing on the limited menu to eat. We ended up a la carte which was a good burger/pulled pork but not the reasonable deal we expected. The service was pretty full on when we got there but quite slow when we wanted to order a later drink - as we couldn't catch any wait staff eyes we ended up just paying the bill eventually.
- Good food and locationGlutenFreeDinerDined on 26/7/2014We found this restaurant via TasteCard. The location is ideal and the ambiance is great! It was too bad the restaurant was so dead on a Saturday evening. The food was yummy and the waiters/kitchen were able to cater to my gluten allergy. Thanks!Special Features:
- Rushed service, but nice and quietSanibeldinerDined on 21/7/2014I know restaurants in the City need to get their customers through their lunch reasonably promptly, however our waiter was a bit too enthusiastic and unfortunately at times 'pushy'. The restaurant was virtually empty which was good from our perspective as we were having a business meeting, however I couldn't understand the need to constantly hurry us along. The food was good. I had a crab and avocado starter and my guest had sole. My main was salmon- a very large portion and my guest had chicken. All were well cooked and presented. Overall good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 12/7/2014The Brasserie was good value with the 50% off although it is always annoying that the service is on the original price. Starters were excellent but the mains less so. The duck main was rather chewy and the burger not as good as claimed. The staff were very pleasant, attentive and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper with friends.NigeguyDined on 10/7/2014A very enjoyable evening spent at Hush. The cocktails, bellini and pinot spritzers were freezing cold and delicious. The Caesar salad had a perfectly poached egg topping it and the Aspen frys are a must. Marco our waiter was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BN130Dined on 10/7/2014Really impressed with new branch of Hush. Nicer dining experience than the original I would even say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food in good locationSarlDined on 8/7/2014The food was very well cooked and brought out in good time. The restaurant was not too busy, considering the location and we had plenty of room and attention from the waiting staff. The portions were a good size and drinks were very good.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday afternoon lunchFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent service from the gentleman from the Canary Islands! Good was yummy and great value for money. Eton mess and the chocolate pot were top desserts. I would give the cheesecake a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parisian style brasserieSuzonVIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a lovely Sunday lunch at Hush, we were seated in a very comfortable booth and service was excellent. My crab starter was very tasty and I enjoyed my duck salad main although the duck was slightly too well cooked. Deserts were beautifully presented, especially the banana and Nutella crepe.Special Features:
- keeprunningDined on 6/7/2014We booked a lunch here on the basis of great burgers and were not disappointed. All three boys in my party (dad and two sons) had either the burger or the steak with lovely fries and were totally satisfied with their choice. We opted for the added pulled pork to the burger which just added another dimension. The lovely lady that served us apologised and said that they were not able to serve starters that lunch time and gave us some complimentary drinks, this was fine as we were planning to do mains and puds anyway, added to the fact that were had a 50% off voucher made for a really enjoyable lunch. i will definitely visit this restaurant again when in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hush St PaulsgooberDined on 2/7/2014The meal was have been a lot better if the restaurant was where it was shown on the map. AS it was we had to consult maps in the street, lucky they were there, nd walk the whole length of Ludgate Hill to find the restaurant. As we were going to a concert, the whole meal was rushed. The food and value was reasonable, but the "background" music made it noisy.Special Features:
- Too slow for the CityMK01Dined on 24/6/2014Went for work breakfast; took half an hour to deliver our food - just not good enough, especially when only a few tables were occupied. Staff were inattentive/absent when wondering where food was. Nothing taken off bill (12.5% service charge!). Had to chase up tomato ketchup. Poached eggs overdone (it's GOT to have a runny yolk) and streaky bacon was undercooked (no excuse when it takes that long) and swimming in grease.
- After Work LobsterGillsDined on 23/6/2014Went for the lobster and Steak, was very good value. Lobster was baked with sauce on top ,bernaise maybe?. Not really the way I like my lobster. Steak was cooked to our order. chips were good. The mayonnaise they brought our was a little off. Staff were very friendly. Ambience was a little dead but as it was a Monday evening that couldn't really be helped.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 21/6/2014Nice food and good value if you get the 50% offer which we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLenaVIPDined on 18/6/2014It's OK. I prefer this brunch to the Holborn one. Service is a bit slow, but ambience is goodSpecial Features:
- Nice...butUrbaniteDined on 16/6/2014We were seated at a nice booth and our order was taken quickly. The food was good and not too expensive as were the drinks. However, a large group arrived and despite leaving before we did the service level collapsed as staff left early and the remaining staff were more interested in getting the restaurant set up for the next day's service than getting us the bill, which was incorrect and had double charged for 1 item. Overall it was pleasant enough.Special Features:
- Service was awful!towelDined on 11/6/2014I was warned that the service at this place was bad! Took 30mins for them to take our order, then 30mins for our wine to arrive which came at the same time as the food. we were never offered more drinks, desserts or coffee. Shocking!Special Features:
- ExcellantKbrownDined on 10/6/2014I booked here to use my opentable cheque, we had the £15 steak and lobster deal and it was amazing, my steak was blue and was perfect, my friend's cooked to her requirements of medium rare - perfectly seasoned. The service was second to none, I will definitely return, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Ok but not fantasticfood4thoughtsDined on 6/6/2014Not bad experience. Waiter should be a bit more patient when trying to take orders.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceChris8Dined on 31/5/2014This was our first time at Hush, nice place located next to St Pauls. Very popular with pre and post theatre eating so if you want to go before 7pm book and likewise after 8pm. Food was good if a little greasy and a bit too salty, however once the restaurant became quieter once a theatre group had left there were only 6 tables occupied and most of the waiters and staff stood around talking and not really paying attention to any of the tables. However when it was busy their were attentive. Good place to visit, we would recommend it but only as an alternative as their are much better restaurants in the local area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWeis93Dined on 31/5/2014I took my best friend her as part of her 21st Birthday present for afternoon tea. The service was brilliant, the venue was lovely and the afternoon tea itself was scrummy! I cannot fault it and would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great location, good foodJamesTFletcherDined on 30/5/2014I had lunch at Hush St Pauls on Friday, it was a great place to eat - lovely location, and good food. The service wasn't terribly fast but enough to allow us to enjoy the surroundings. it's also a shame we had to request table water.Special Features:
- Just OKYumYumDined on 29/5/2014Staff were super friendly, but unfortunately food wasn't that good and seeing as it wasn't super cheap, it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- DisappointingsophiediorDined on 24/5/2014We had been here a few weeks ago and had a great experience so decided to go back to make use of their 50% off food offer. We were eating much earlier this time, so understand the ambience wasn't great. The service was lacking, we had to get their attention to get more drinks and then they never bought the dessert menu over and we were still waiting for the bill. As we were in a rush I went up to the counter to get the bill and asked for the service charge to be taken off. I was then asked why I was taking it off. The menu had changed and the selection was limited and the food very average. I was not asked if I wanted sauce with my steak and when I asked for some the waitress looked very confused. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Shockingly badPickydinerDined on 22/5/2014Stood waiting for ages for a table. Eventually shown to a table under a speaker belting out noisy music. Had a long wait for order to be taken and had to ask twice for water. Ordered a caesar salad and a duck salad, had to chase twice before the food appeared nearly 45 minutes later - two duck salads! To be fair it tasted nice and the staff were apologetic, but it should have been free! I was embarrassed in front of my client and will never darken their door again. I am generally easy going with the food, but this experience had no redeeming features. Avoid.
- consistent food and great locationeatprayloveVIPDined on 18/5/2014literally in the shadows of st paul's, hush is in a great location when in the area. large interior space and booth seating means that you'll be able to hear and carry on a conversation with your meal mates. good selection on the menu and consistently high quality. the weekend offer of 50% off food only makes it a particularly good value on weekend.Special Features:
- Great serviceMaxyDined on 17/5/2014Great service. Good food with unusual twists and a good location and atmosphere. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Birthday treatSatisfiedDined on 16/5/2014The staff were friendly and helpful whenjoymentich added to theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high teaMinnieMouseDined on 13/5/2014Lovely warm scones, big pots of tea, colourful macaroons.Special Features:
- A Great EveningJohn54Dined on 11/5/2014My wife and I spent a very nice Sunday evening at Hush. I booked it for my wife's "Special Birthday", and I wasn't disapointed at all. The restaurant staff were very attentive, and certainly made us feel very comfortable. The food was very good, and we really enjoyed every bit of it. It was a very nice touch when our waiter offered us complimentary drinks from the bar, at the end of our meal, to celebrate my Wife's birthday. I would highly recommend Hush, and would definately go back again next time we are in London.Special Features:
- Fair value for the offerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/201450% off food deal, limited menu regardless of the deal. Restaurant was less than half full but service could have been better (waitress took menu away with her when we were seated which we then had to ask for and drinks order took over 15 minutes). Staff were polite/friendly but could be more attentive, food offer was good value for the quality served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed Saturday EveningMKlubberDined on 3/5/2014Meeting with friends on a bank holiday weekend we went for Hush in the city rather the west end as we thought it might be quieter. This seemed the case when we arrived but the restaurant ended up full and service rushed to start with them coming up every minute to aske what we wanted. After that it was very slow with large gaps between courses, to try and get another drink, order dessert or get the bill. Not really a fault of the serving staff, just there did not seem to be enough of them. Food was OK but several of the dishes were small portions. I had the burger which was reasonable size and then the Mars bar cheesecake which was fine but not something I would choose again. Overall, glad we had the TT discount.Special Features:
- Lovely lazy "cheap" brunchFoodieVIPDined on 3/5/2014Had a wonderful slow morning at Hush at St Paul's. I would definately recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.