294 - 296 Caledonian Road
London, N1 1BANeighbourhood:
Eastern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://iberiarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077007750
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 5pm - 11pm
Saturday: 1pm - 4:30pm, 5pm - 11pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4:30pm, 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eastern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Iberia
Iberia restaurant, on Caledonian Road in Islington, is an outstanding epicurean experience not to be missed. The star of the show is Iberia's moreish Georgian menu – created with traditional ingredients such as walnuts, garlic, barberries, red pepper and pomegranates - and the dining room is a high-quality affair decorated with solid wooden furniture, chocolate leather chairs, floorboards and magnolia walls. The restaurant attracts a mix of local diners as well as members of London's Georgian community, and the stylish atmosphere is conducive for romantic tables for two, dinner parties and elegant celebrations. Wine-lovers will also love Iberia’s selection of Georgian vintages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Iberia reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasty!TheShadowDined on 1/3/2013I live just down the road but had never noticed this place from the outside before. The food was cooked very well and a new set of tastes for me having never eaten Georgian food previously. The waitress was a native Georgian and very enthusiastic about her country showing us maps and photos and talking about the different regions She did a good job as my girlfriend and I are now tempted to go on holiday there at some point! My girlfriend is a vegetarian and she found a wide choice of vegetarian meals. Unlike many restaurants which offer veg meals as an afterthought it seems many Georgian meals are naturally vegetarian anyway. I look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to get an affordableIMM2Dined on 2/2/2013Great place to get an affordable "Georgian Table." The food is very authentic and was well prepared. My son who does not like mushrooms, enjoyed the preparation. My other son who is very picky enjoyed the eggplant. Decoration is also very Georgian. It is off the beaten path, so not as well know as others. But worth the effort to seek out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed my BD dinner there.AnnaDined on 26/1/2013I enjoyed my BD dinner there. Everything we ordered was so delicious. I had doubts whether I could savour authentic Georgian cuisine in London, and I did!!! Georgian white wine!!! Oh, it definitely made my day. Thanks. BTW, personnel speaks Russian fluently, so tourists from post soviet countries will have decent service, if they don't speak English well. The only minus was the location. But, anyway, it was easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Georgian foodFoodieDined on 22/1/2013Three of us went for a mid-week dinner at Iberia and really enjoyed it. Nice, warm atmosphere, beautiful Georgian wine and exotic menu with the homemade touch were great. The only recommendation I would make is that the portions should be made far more generous. Otherwise would definitely recommend it to other diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't tried Georgian food yet !ljpfoodieVIPDined on 28/11/2012Iberia Georgian is the place to go for lovely Georgian food. The food is very fresh, flavours and dishes that are unique! We've eaten a few other Georgian restaurants this one puts the others to shame...Special Features:
- The cuisine was wonderfulalexei2012VIPDined on 17/11/2012The cuisine was wonderful - very authentic Georgian which reminded us that the best restaurants whenever we've gone on holiday in Russia always seem to be Georgian! The service was attentive and friendly and we enjoyed starter, main and dessert. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place to eat and relaxLikadaTakoDined on 23/10/2012Went to Iberia with my daughter. We are both originally from Georgia, so we know what we are talking about! And on that basis, we have to say that the food was absolutely delicious! The service was outstanding! We had a fantastic time and will be planning on going back soon! Travelled there from Liverpool to specially taste Georgian food and Iberia did not let us down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyAB80Dined on 12/9/2012I am not used to east Europe and Russian food, but I have to say it is extremely tasty, and a very welcome change from the usual Italian restaurant (which by the way are quite mediocre in London in general). The restaurant is not set in the most picturesque street but it is warm and nice inside and the owners are very welcoming. It is definitely worth a try! I will go back.Special Features:
- I had heard that GeorgianAntoniaMDined on 5/8/2012I had heard that Georgian food was something a bit special and Iberia certainly delivered on that front. The cheese-stuffed bread is just amazing, and anywhere that has me ordering extra portions of anything with green beans in it has done something magical. We only had the mix of starters, as we were there with children after a long day and didn't want to hang around. But they certainly filled us up and provided enough variety to keep everyone happy. I can't wait to go back to try the main courses. The Georgian wine was tasty and the local sulphurous mineral water very refreshing on a hot summer evening. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Georgian food and winejoe29Dined on 5/8/2012Great atmosphere and service. Excellent khachapuris (try Ajarian with egg and cheese), large wine selection (Tsindali and Kindzmarauli get a special recommendation), and after you're done, the restaurant is just 5 minutes away from the Camden Canal, which makes for a relaxing Sunday walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really welcomingJuteDined on 29/7/2012Decided at last minute to eat out for a late Sunday lunch and Iberia were able to accommodate us despite the fact they were preparing for a large lunch party. Our first experience of Georgian cooking. All fresh and homemade. Tasty meze to start then Juicy dumplings to follow. Yes. They really were juicy. You'll see if you order them. One order easily fed two of us. Tried the zingy red wine but didn't like the Tarragon bright green lemonade. Worth a quick walk from Kings Cross station before heading home. I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!GirlsDined on 12/7/2012It was our second visit to Iberia.Food was delicious.Service, atmosphere,lovely waiter-everything worth money we spent there. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!tobleroneDined on 11/5/2012Really different menu, very enjoyable evening, will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Iberia Georgian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012The Iberia Georgian Restaurant in Islington is always good value with delicious food that never fails.
- Best Georgian restaurant we'veLouBDined on 14/4/2012Best Georgian restaurant we've been to. In fairness, the only Georgian restaurant we've been to. Group of 12 ( 2 sub 1 yo's) for Saturday lunch. Staff very helpful settling us in with the children, good advice on food which was yum and overall very nice experience. Would recommend and will return if nearby.
- Went to Iberia Georgian asCaroxaDined on 30/3/2012Went to Iberia Georgian as we had never tried Georgian food before and after reading such good reviews we though what were we missing.We were slightly disappointed,food portions weren't huge as some ppl said.Actually sharing a starter and having my main(which didn't have any side,would have appreciated a warning)I felt the need to have a dessert as I has still hungry(and I don't usually eat much).Also the rest. was almost empty but still we were sat next to the counter,not exactly the best spot!
- We went to Iberia for my husband'sErisDined on 26/2/2012We went to Iberia for my husband's birthday, as he'd spent some time in Georgia about 10 years ago. It lived up to and exceeded expectations, with excellent and authentic food and delicious wine. We went early so the restaurant was quite empty, hence the low score for ambience, but everything else was great with the service appropriately attentive, helpful and informative.
- We had a delightful post-valentineGavinDined on 15/2/2012We had a delightful post-valentine meal at Iberia georgian restaurant . All the food was unusual and interesting with the sturgeon the highlight . Good Georgian wines make a nice change from standard varieties . A good sign was patronage from local georgians too .
- Very good meal at the IberiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 21/1/2012Very good meal at the Iberia Georgian Restaurant Islington with excellent service. A worthwhile and value for money experience with interesting, well presented and delicious flavours.
- wonderful little find, rundinerDined on 20/1/2012wonderful little find, run by a family that takes pride and love in their cooking - everything was fresh and delicious and the warm service really made us smile. thank you!
- Iberia in London was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2011Iberia in London was a bit of San experiment. I've never had heir Ian food before. Got to say I am now a fan. The food was delicious, the service was great and it had a homely atmosphere. Will definitely be going again!
- Beware of the portions! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2011Beware of the portions! They are huge! We loved food and enjoyed their service very much. It was excelent without hovering over us. Throughly recomend it.
- Attended this little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 29/10/2011Attended this little restaurant with my girlfriend. I'm a fan a Georgian food, so I was expecting to like the food, and I was not disappointed. The food was great, we especially enjoyed a dish green beans the name of which I unfortunately cannot remember. It is not often that I get excited about green beans! Service was friendly and efficient. Georgian wines are a bit different from the French or Italian ones, but with the food to go with them they're very pleasant. Recommended!
- the place is very cosy, conmfortabllondonerDined on 28/10/2011the place is very cosy, conmfortable, food is very traditional, we all like it, georgian wine is tasty as well. maybe the only down point is that the portion of food would be bigger.... will recommend though
- Service as eer impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 18/10/2011Service as eer impeccable and very friendly. The best in London! Outstanding!
- We went to Iberia restaurantevgenyDined on 2/10/2011We went to Iberia restaurant in Islington for the first time and we weren't disappointed. They offer a classic choice of Georgian dishes and they know how to cook them. We really liked everything we tried, in particular shashlik, which was the best we've tried in London.
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2011Great food, great service, great wine and very comfortable.
- Food was outstanding, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2011Food was outstanding, the service was brilliant. The only problem was that they did not honour the top-table offer. That was dissapointing and ruined the impression.
- Iberia Georgian Restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2011Iberia Georgian Restaurant, London Very interesting menu choices and delicious food, the miniuture roast potatoes and georgian bread are particuarly good. The friendly staff were on hand to explain the dishes and make recommendations.
- Iberia was all previous reviewersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2011Iberia was all previous reviewers noted. Food was interesting and inventive, beautifully presented. House wines were very drinkable. Ambience was attractive, staff were charming. Great value too, even without the 50% special offer, fantastic value with it. One suggestion - turn the music down!
- We went to Iberia GeorgianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2011We went to Iberia Georgian Restaurant in Islington early on a hot weekday night. The owner, who was also serving, was extremely welcoming and helpful. We were attracted by the unusual ingredients and (for the most part!) enjoyed the different tastes. We booked on the TT 50% deal where you had to have three courses. With the discount, it was okay value - but without, it would have felt too expensive. If you're after something different - food and location - have a go with the deal!
- No idea how authentic theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/7/2011No idea how authentic the Georgian cuisine is at Iberia, having never been to that country, but the food is certainly interesting and a real melange of south-east-European influences. Everything was well prepared and beautifully presented, and the service was prompt and friendly. Criticisms? The Georgian flatbread was very tasty but could have been a bit puffier. And the meats flavoured with "Georgian spices" were a little salty. The (Georgian) house red was delightful (though £5 a glass).
- Iberia Georgian RestaurantNAdia2727Dined on 1/2/2011Iberia Georgian Restaurant - great food and very attentive service, totally recommend!
- I love Iberia - the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 20/11/2010I love Iberia - the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and the Georgian food feels like the real deal. If you've never tried it, I heartily recommend going here.
- The Iberian Georgian restaurantMarkieDined on 22/10/2010The Iberian Georgian restaurant on Caledonian Road proved to be a great find for our monthly meet up with mates. The food was great with wonderful authentic flavours of the region. The Georgian bread was a treat and the potato dishes perfect. Great to find well priced Georgian wine too. A really relaxed evening with very friendly service. This ticked all the boxes and I look forward to a return visit soon