Inamo St James
4 - 12 Lower Regent St
London, SW1Y 4PENeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Inamo St James
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.inamo-stjames.com/
- Phone: 02074840500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 3pm; and 5pm to 11pm
Friday - Saturday 12pm - 00.30am
Sunday: 12pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Sean Marshall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: inamo st james will offer your guests a unique, distinctive and memorable location for your event or private dinner.
Using E-Table™, the world's first interactive ordering system with overhead projection, take complete control over your dining experience. Your guests will never have seen anything like this before, all set within a stunning interior with exceptional food and drink on offer. You can even customise the images on your table surfaces to create a truly unique and personalized event.
A word from Inamo St James
Take complete control of your dining experience at inamo st james, using the world's first interactive ordering system beamed directly onto your table. Select your dishes, choose your virtual tablecloth, watch the chefs on 'chef cam', play games and much more besides. None of this distracts from the high-quality cuisine. With a simple touch of your finger summon dishes of oriental fusion to your table, accompanied by tantalising cocktails. Unlike other restaurants, each dish arrives as soon as it is ready from the kitchen, arriving for you to share with those in your party to bring a new harmonious level to dining. With a central location ideal for the West End, inamo st james is just a moment’s walk from Piccadilly Circus: you'll arrive talking about the technology and leave delighted by the food. For special occasions or events it's even possible to customise the table surfaces you'll be dining from with your own images. Please contact us to enquire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChild Friendly
Inamo St James - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Inamo St James reviews from OpenTable diners
742 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (342)group bookings (296)pre/post theatre (245)fit for foodies (194)romance (177)good vegetarian options (175)child friendly (163)business meals (142)sunday lunch (45)brunch (34)outstanding value (33)disabled access (27)outdoor eating (23)afternoon tea (9)Show More
- creative diningthedailygluttonDined on 17/9/2014coolest restaurant ever, interactive dining, very fun to play with, but it's just too expensive if not for the 25% off corporate offer we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphereHirenPDined on 16/9/2014Great atmosphere Amazing service Some of the food really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014It is very relaxing to enjoy a meal and play around at the same time. I do not know if it is safe for everybody though, due to the lights effects on the brain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funKisumugirlDined on 15/9/2014Once you have got used to the interactive table menu, great fun can be had ordering, playing table top games & changing the design of your table covering! When booking here you need to allow yourself time to enjoy the atmosphere, also for the food & drink to arrive which at times seemed a little slow. If ordering multiple dishes you can at least check what has arrived from your interactive table. The food was very tasty, while the staff seemed busy, they were helpful & pleasant. Overall an excellent experience, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- InamoStar78Dined on 15/9/2014Beautiful décor and toilets. Quite an extensive menu with very small portions. Disappointing visit, I arrived and explained I had the OT deal. When I went to order I was told that the deal was over, I said no-one had explained any time restrictions for the deal so expected to have it. Manager said we could have the deal with a very restrictive choice. The menu is on the table and interactive this wasn't explained on arrival. I left hungry and I would only return for bar drinks.Special Features:
- Fantastic HiTec foodRaymakerDined on 14/9/2014Very good food, great service, fun tables. I visited this week and had a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time visithelen1ewxDined on 13/9/2014First ever visit to Inamo & we really enjoyed it. On arrival shown to table close to door, which was OK & told only allowed table for 1 and half hours which we said was fine if the food came quickly. We only just managed to eat our 3 course set meal in this time, despite ordering within 10 minutes of arriving. 3 courses for £20 with a glass of wine excellent and good value, although we had to ask for our 'small' dishes as they didn't arrive, we then proceeded to be offered it 3 times! Couldn't really understand how the order could get muddled with their ordering system and the restaurant wasn't busy either. We did enjoy our meal & would return.Special Features:
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014We booked a table online and confirmed on the phone the day before. Despite this, upon arrival at the restaurant there was no table for us and we were "sent" to the bar to have a drink (NOT complimentary, by the way) until a table was available. We were left waiting in excess of 30 minutes without any explanations and eventually saw other people arriving after us being accommodated as well as several empty tables. When we left, the manager saw us walking out and surprisingly made no effort to stop us. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE AND VERY RUDE CUSTOMER CARE.Special Features:
- Nice, but they don't understandThuglyDined on 11/9/20143rd time at Inamo. Always enjoy ordering from the computer thing. Despite the hostess and waiters being delightful, they don't always seem to understand what you mean. Got charged for an item we shouldn't have been charged for. Still, would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing first experiencetashkVIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked this for a group dinner - impressed right from the start. it is such a fun place with the style of ordering and interactive design - ambience is brilliant and food is yummy! will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive atmosphereelda1japaneseloverDined on 9/9/2014I only had one problem: top table did not specify for which times the offers of the restaurant were. I went thinking I could get a meal and wine for £20 because of a special offer. The website informed which days but not which times this was available. The restaurant is a bit pricey so good thing I was prepared! Really good food and staff is ever so helpful. Really enjoyed it and hopefully will return sometime soon. The food was good although I still think the portions are small for the price. The interactive tables are also a lot of fun!Special Features:
- A cool new way to eat outLiz29Dined on 9/9/2014We booked the restaurant for a midweek dinner with friends. We all really enjoyed the interactive dining experience. Being able to order your food and drinks thorough out the evening without constantly vying for the staffs attention is very refreshing. Most of the food was excellent however the green Thai veg curry was very bland. Also there was a slight mix up with some rice side orders and one persons starter came out a long time after everyone else's. Overall it was very enjoyable and on the whole we would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMithu95Dined on 6/9/2014Had a lovely time. Nice, new experience with the interactive tables. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!ChezVikDined on 4/9/2014I didn't get much of an explanation of how things worked when I got there but managed to figure things out on my own, although the food came at different times. I understand this is due to everyone ordering their own dishes but I believe that if we had more explanation then we would have made sure we ordered at the same time. The food was nice, I ordered the rib eye, which was good but the hot plate got cold very quickly. The creme brûlée was amazing, best dish of the night, even though there lemongrass soup that it was suppose to be in didn't really taste of much lemongrass. The novelty of the restaurant was good fun, and our party did have a good night, Ambience of the restaurant was good, and white chocolate martini is a must try!!Special Features:
- Good FunPaulDined on 4/9/2014Went here with as a party of 4. We turned up about 15 mins late but the manager was cool and we were not rushed. We had cocktails to start by the bar and then sat down to eat. We had a selection of small and large dishes to share. Food was delicious and service was brilliant. The high tech ordering service was cool. Only downside was that air-conditioning was down and it was hot but apart from that the dining experience was brilliant!! Definitely will go again!! Bill for 4 cocktail, 5 small and 3 large dishes washed down with 2 bottles of prosseco was £190!Special Features:
- Nice resturantGuguDined on 4/9/2014Very nice resturant with warm welcoming & helpful staff. The electric system for ordering & games etc was brilliant. Good siWfpos portions with brilliant offer/dealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience & relaxinglovesushiDined on 2/9/2014We booked a table for my daughter's 9th birthday as she loves sushi. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a friendly smile and very helpful staff. We were given great seats, shown how to use the tables and ordering system. The kids absolutely loved being able to change the ambience of the table setting, seeing the food on there plate before ordering. Food came up quickly, we were able to enjoy a really nice meal with out the children getting bored, enjoying the tasting experience. We loved being able to check how much we had spent throught the meal and being able to request the bill from our table without having to wait for staff. Food was amazing, not too pricey at all. Would definately recommend and be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less is moreMattiasDined on 30/8/2014The food was great and the presentation delicious. The venue has a cool vibe with relaxed atmosphere. The waitress was a bit blasé though. The portions were a bit small unless you have a thick wallet and can afford to go crazy with the interactive ordering tables. But overall good food for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, good food but priceySteveDined on 30/8/2014Fun place to go with great food although portions are small and prices full. We managed to spend £200 with limited drinks on 2 adults and 3 kids. Kids loved it though and we thoroughly enjoyed it - will go again.Special Features:
- It is all about the tablesHnSSDined on 30/8/2014The interactive tables make this place. If you removed those you are left with an Asian restaurant with a fairly limited, expensive menu. The service is fair and not always that quick.
- Fun and delicious :-)KirstyDined on 30/8/2014Very conveniently located. We weren't aware of the time restriction on the tables so the waitress very kindly offered us more time - turns out we didn't need it in the end but was nice not to feel rushed! Menu is limited in comparison to more commercial Thai (Wagamamas etc) but all food was excellent and arrived very quickly. The interactive tables were fantastic and great fun - only complaint would be that the system froze frequently which caused problems ordering food etc. Decor was lovely and beautiful toilet facilities. Overall great experience, very friendly staff and fantastic food. Would definitely recommend for a wow factor London dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really arrogant staffVisitorDined on 29/8/2014I really like Inamo for its food and ambience but its not the first time wgen i was served by staff there who really think they're doing customers a favour by actually giving them a table etc. Me and my friend wanted to sit at a different table and we were refused even though the place was empty and they kick you out (!!) after 1.5hours anyway. I have to say though the other inamo is much much worse....i think i'll stop going altogether as this is quite annoying...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceDee2Dined on 27/8/2014Went with my 14 year old son pre-theatre. We both loved the food - dim sum, gyoza, sushi, crispy prawns - and the tech experience was very entertaining. Where else can you order dishes as you go without a waiter or waitress, change the virtual tablecloth, play battleships and see the chefs cooking your food on webcam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with our grandchildrenYUMYUMDined on 27/8/2014This is the review sent by my nine year old grand daughter... "We thought it was a mouth watering meal and we would highly recommend it. We also thought the system was AMAZING "Special Features:
- Fab!SarmatDined on 26/8/2014Lovely food, warm welcome, great interactive ordering. Only downside was that the toilets didn't look as though they had been cleaned since the day beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedMoniDined on 26/8/2014Booked online the same day. Posted an enquiry about pregnancy friendly sushi which was immediately answered by the friendly manageress when we arrived. Loads of fun controlling the decor/ ambience. This is a really original and nice idea and the food delivers on taste and quality. Not a gimmick. Recommended.Special Features:
- Over-priced and poor qualityLondonReviewerDined on 23/8/2014Inamo presents an interesting and engaging concept via it's unique ordering system; however the quality of the food has dropped dramatically since I last visited a few years ago. Overall this restaurant is no longer worth spending your money at as the food is very sub-par (sushi that tasted pre-prepared, bland noodles, and a generally pretty uninspiring menu), the service is patchy and the prices are frankly ridiculous is you visit without taking advantage of an offer. My advice is head to Chinatown and get better food for half the cost and without the gimmicks.
- You must visitLondon28Dined on 23/8/2014Lived in London for two years and only found this place last week. The food was amazing, the chicken was the best !!! Such a lovely place and the interactive tables keep you busy!!! We will defo be back for dinner,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014it was great fun. I went with my kid and she throughly enjoyed it. Entertaining for kids, you never get bored because of the games and possibilities the interactive table offers youSpecial Features:
- Something different, fun and tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Good fun with the interactive ordering/decor/games..good novelty and children loved it. Food good approachable fusion with lots of optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time, good food, some kinkslongislanderDined on 20/8/2014Food we had was good. Wished there were more sushi options, and more options overall. Fancy menu system built into the tables was great, although the system froze several times. Service was great - they really seemed to care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun!NickyPDined on 20/8/2014We enjoyed a post theatre dinner here, with our two children who don't always make for 'stress-free' dining experience! How wonderful to find a place where, not only is the food delicious, but the quirky nature of the restaurant keeps them completely absorbed for almost two hours! Thank you Inamo St James for giving us a wonderful family evening. Go...you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fun for kidsBigglesDined on 20/8/2014A real treat for the kids who were remarkably willing to try new food in return for the novelty of an interactive table top! Would have been better if the technology was up to speed but gremlins were out and about so there was some frustration. Food was good but not great and service was fine. Reasonable value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go with good foodwinnieDined on 20/8/2014I booked a table at Inamo because it sounded a fun place to meet up with old friends and children. I don't live in London, so I don't know many restaurants there but I happened to see a Visit London promotion and Tom Daley recommended Inamo. We were all really pleased with the choice: the children had great fun using the interactive tables- playing games and ordering the food; the adults all thought the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Its gone downhill fastEggChaserDined on 19/8/2014Been here twice before, always been good, this visit very disappoiniting: - table area filthy when we arrived - couldn't find another table while they cleaned it, so they sent us to the bar. No Coke or lemonade!!! - ordered 3 starters, 2 mains, 1 side. Side order arrived after 2nd starter, server wasn't happy when asked it to be sent back and brought with the main course - the side dish didn't come with the mains - the whole purpose of Inamo is the wifi interaction. The connection kept freezing up every 30 seconds, it meant doing anything took 3 x longer than normal - when i complained service charge removed, and they gave us a glass of prosecco as it was my birthday Won't be back in a hurry
- Just BrilliantJames27Dined on 19/8/2014Don't underestimate how excellent the food is because of the technology/interactive dining element. Even without all that the food is absolutely superb and the service, for London, was excellent. Our server was friendly, non-intrusive and knowledgeable about the wines, dishes and history of the restaurant. Wouldn't hesitate to recomend.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMissTrimDined on 19/8/2014Food is very tasty and well presented. Would recommend highly. All that is needed is a larger selection of desserts.Special Features:
- Disappointing attitude to allergiesChelsieDined on 19/8/2014This review would have been far more positive if it had not been for the response to dietary needs. I booked a table well ahead as I received an email advertising a 'child eats free with an adult meal' deal as part of Kids' Theatre Week. I looked at the children's set meal and realised that the crispy prawns wouldn't be suitable for my daughter as she has to have a gluten free diet. When I made the booking I added a note to this effect asking if a suitable dish of similar value could be substituted. I didn't hear back so assumed this was ok. When we arrived I reminded them of my request, of which they had no record. I was told that no substitutions could be made and that I would have to pay for an alternative main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO!Mummymitch1Dined on 19/8/2014Can't recommend this place highly enough!! I was looking for somewhere a bit different to take my children to lunch (12 and 7years). Somewhere child-friendly but with really good food that was going to satisfy everyone and not break the bank. I found Inamo on a search engine...it looked great on paper and the reviews were all good. Booking was simple and I decided to keep it a suprise in case it didn't meet with expectation. We were immediately impressed - great environment, friendly service, the 'table' was really easy to use and is such a WOW factor! The menu was divine, we couldn't choose what to have first, loved the non alcoholic cocktails, the 'chef cam' and the kids especially enjoyed all the games. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab experiencefoodlover022001Dined on 18/8/2014The food portions and prices were ridiculous. Having said that, the flavours that oozed from the dishes were incredible! The aubergines and the creme brulee were absolutely delicious. The ambiance and the unique interactive tables made it quite an experience. Very innovative, fun, and overall a great place to visit at least once! I'll certainly be back :)Special Features: