Inamo St James
4 - 12 Lower Regent St
London, SW1Y 4PENeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Inamo St James
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.inamo-stjames.com/
- Phone: 020 7484 0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 3pm; and 5pm to 11pm
Friday - Saturday 12pm - 00.30am
Sunday: 12pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Sean Marshall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: inamo st james will offer your guests a unique, distinctive and memorable location for your event or private dinner.
Using E-Table™, the world's first interactive ordering system with overhead projection, take complete control over your dining experience. Your guests will never have seen anything like this before, all set within a stunning interior with exceptional food and drink on offer. You can even customise the images on your table surfaces to create a truly unique and personalized event.
A word from Inamo St James
Take complete control of your dining experience at inamo st james, using the world's first interactive ordering system beamed directly onto your table. Select your dishes, choose your virtual tablecloth, watch the chefs on 'chef cam', play games and much more besides. None of this distracts from the high-quality cuisine. With a simple touch of your finger summon dishes of oriental fusion to your table, accompanied by tantalising cocktails. Unlike other restaurants, each dish arrives as soon as it is ready from the kitchen, arriving for you to share with those in your party to bring a new harmonious level to dining. With a central location ideal for the West End, inamo st james is just a moment’s walk from Piccadilly Circus: you'll arrive talking about the technology and leave delighted by the food. For special occasions or events it's even possible to customise the table surfaces you'll be dining from with your own images. Please contact us to enquire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Inamo St James reviews from OpenTable diners
730 reviews since 29 November 2013
special occasions (349)group bookings (301)pre/post theatre (241)fit for foodies (187)child friendly (178)romance (175)good vegetarian options (160)business meals (132)sunday lunch (46)outstanding value (38)brunch (37)disabled access (24)outdoor eating (18)afternoon tea (7)Show More
- An Interactive Dining ExperienceS4AVYDined on 25/11/2014Great atmosphere, attentive service and fantastic menu. Food is ordered on your table via an interactive table menu and delivered, when ready. My only complaint would be that food comes out at different times to the others at your table - and also there are only 3 desserts on the menu! :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Technology over substance...a digital nightmare.CaribbeanskipperDined on 25/11/2014Goodness knows who this appeals to, a menu digitally displayed on your table, why? Left hungry.
- DISAPPOINTMENT AND DISGUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/11/2014We went with family, just when entered the empty restaurant we had to wait for around 10 min for someone to show up at front desk, however still we had to go in to look for someone to be seated at our prebooked table and finally when waiter showed up she took us to the table where this projector or (lights) weren't working properly hence we need to order drinks and food ourselves at the table with that innovation, so after a long wait we asked to be moved to another, eventually at the working table my two little boys ordered the food just by playing at the table, and of course we had to pay for it when asked if they could disable the food and drink ordering option for the kids only, they couldn't! Furthermore at the end of the evening the kids were hungry as they didn't enjoy any of the food, and we ended up with over £72 bill of course 10% service charge on top of that and it came up to £85 somehow, when my husband gave waiter £90, as we were watching her to calculate the change and purposely was just standing there as we would forget the change or to add to that 10% service charge!!! What a DIGUST!!!
- fantastic dining experienceanthonyaDined on 22/11/2014Inamo is a great concept for a restaurant the food is fantastic and the interactive tables is a novel and great concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, tiny portions, far too expensiveKirkDined on 21/11/2014Had no idea this place would be so expensive... The food is great, but far too expensive. Service charge just for delivering food? Won't be going back.
- Delicious food and always great fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/11/2014One improvement could be the waiters being more attentive. It wasn't that busy (It was a Wednesday evening) and twice I asked staff questions which they said they would get the answers for me, but never did. However they were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumm Japanese foodblayneecakesDined on 18/11/2014delicious starters and main. Loved the interactive menu. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit differentMichaelGDined on 15/11/2014Visited a a treat for my 2 teenage boys at the end of a day out in London. The technology is good but slightly gimmicky and detracts from the food. Boys loved it, food was good quality and the set course menus were good value. Certainly not a burger and chips place but for something a bit unusual worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but way too expensive.PousspoussVIPDined on 14/11/2014Food is good and interaction with table fun however the price is overvalued. Furthermore the menu is very limited, not many dishes to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food & experience!JRA1992Dined on 14/11/2014The food was delicious and the whole experience was fun! After eating 6 dishes between two of us, I was presently to surprised to see our bill was under £45!!!! Will be back again and telling all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining.MrbassDined on 13/11/2014I took my wife here before going to the theatre, partly because it was close and partly because my wife is vegetarian and they seemed to have a reasonable selection. The restaurant blurb made a point of this being a "shared" dining experience in so far as anything ordered is divided amongst those at the he table, I'm not a vegetarian but had resolved to eat like one on this occasion for the sake of my wife. My mistake. There were a lot of really tempting meat dishes on offer and in hindsight given the size of the portions we could have quite easily ordered separate meals. The ordering system is novel and very efficient and we found the staff and service excellent. I would definitely go again just ignore the "shared" nonsense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancy concept!AnkiDined on 12/11/2014nice and fancy with the orderingsystem which impressed on my 13 year old daughter! Good food and quick service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun!julabelDined on 12/11/2014What a fun restaurant to celebrate son's birthday. the interactive tables is the reason to go! the food is excellent but bit overpriced. the staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatmattydfromsuffolkDined on 8/11/2014Food was amazing. Red thai curry and the rib eye steak were the highlights for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our interactive table wasn't working properly so which is the only thing that makes this place different to any other restaurant. We were made aware that we had a 90 slot at the table which is fair enough, but our main courses were only brought out 5 minutes before our time was up. The food was nice but the service was very poor.
- Worst service ever experienced.JaviDDined on 7/11/2014Worst service ever experienced. Groups were clapping as their plates arrived as they had been waiting for so long. Upon my own meals arriving after an hour they were cold with sides such as Rice missing.
- Nice service expensive for portionSiraDined on 6/11/2014Service is great but food at this branch took too long to come out. Also the food is pricey for the size of the portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!FoodloversDined on 5/11/2014Me and my partner are avid restaurant lovers and have been to many many restaurants but this by far beats any that we have been to! #justamazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for teenage birthday treatDeeMcDined on 2/11/2014Have now taken both of my daughters with several of their friends for a birthday meal at Inamo St James and Soho It's great for teenagers as they love the interactive table, we all enjoyed watching what was happening in the kitchen. Very easy especially if also encorporating as pre theatre or post shopping trip as part of the birthday treat. Food good but it all comes as soon as it's ready so no real course differentiation, you can end up with a full table, however, the tables are checked regularly and cleared as soon as possible. Non alcoholic cocktails are a nice option. Staff are efficient, friendly and welcoming. Very user friendly. Can delete any accidental choices before sending order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightBrightfoodDined on 1/11/2014Good food , very unique . Not sure about the sharing table concept .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- natberryDined on 1/11/2014A lot of fun and delicious food. Great for a romantic date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd dateBobbyDined on 1/11/2014I came to inamo for a second date and she was very impressed with the food and the way the tables work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gimmicky,mediocre food, no serviceFoodieDined on 1/11/2014Gimmicky food ordering but without good food or service. Visited for pre theatre dining. It took a very long time for food to arrive after ordering. Starters were ok. Main course items came while we were having starters as no coordination of timings. Main courses were cold, as had just appeared to be warmed up in microwave. Duck was cold as were pancakes. Tempura greasy and limp. No concept of service or making your visit special. Prices ridiculous for mediocre food. Service charge of 10% added for bringing dishes to table! It's not as if anyone helped you through menu or had any concerns about your dining experience. Avoid as tourist trap and gimmicky.
- Great experienceLinda2014Dined on 31/10/2014Great food, ambience and LOVE the digital menu/table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated and overpricedJoshDined on 31/10/2014Interactive technology is like going back to the 90s and all I wanted was a real menu and server. Drinks ordered never arrived, or partially arrived. Food portions were tiny and uninspiring. Price was far too high but should have been expected I suppose given the location.
- Great !KateDined on 31/10/2014A great new experience ! The food was fantastic ! The staff is very kind.Special Features:
- Service let it downYPudDined on 30/10/2014My second time going to Inamo, loved it first time, this time the service was not great. Our table booking was 15mins late to be seated. Orders got delayed and mixed up, our desserts took three attempts on the "service" call button and 20mins to get sorted. Errors probably added nearly an our to our dining time all told. Shame. Nice idea for an unusual dinning experience though. Not cheap either so you expect good service as a minimum. It was a special treat for my visiting nieces so I was quite disappointed because of that too.
- nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/10/2014We booked a table for 7:15pm but we get a table only at 8:00pm and the food 45 minutes later...Otherwise we were with children and this is a very good experience, apparently this evening there were a lack of personal and they apologied for that; food is very good.Special Features:
- GoodDiner123Dined on 29/10/2014I was amazed about how much it lived up to my expectations, the building was really nicely presented and looked really authentic. The table we were sat at was very nice and the interactive table was just how i expected, lots to do and ridiculously fun! The bathrooms were exquisitely clean. All i'd say is that i was a title disappointed we couldn't stay longer, we were told a lot in advance that because we were only a booking of 2 we would have to be out after an hour and a half, and they gave a second reason saying that it was because they were very fully booked. However there were lots of empty tables and i felt a bit rushed towards the end (ordering my dessert whilst my friend was still on mains) I would very highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fun way to order but good food tooLollyDined on 28/10/2014I thought it would just be a great place to take two teenage boys for a birthday treat. And it was. They enjoyed ordering on the interactive table and playing games whilst waiting. Not great if you want conversation! Food was surprisingly good too. Would go again.Special Features:
- Fun place, great foodMartinDined on 27/10/2014The novelty if this place makes for a great experience and the food is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key feature failedScandigirlDined on 27/10/2014The interactive feature for this restaurant is fun, entertaining and necessary to get the food. However, on our visit one of the guests was left with a malfunctioning device which was quite disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interactive, cool and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014Went there for sons 19th birthday meal. Food great, ambience cool, interactive gadgets went down a treat. Would recommend it. But pricey but lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fun with kidsBiekeDined on 26/10/2014Whether with friends, in a group, alone, with kids or for romantic dinner, you can't go wrong with inamo. Kids will love the interactive table. I sometimes find myself craving for the avocado tomato salad and soft shell crab maki in the middle of the day. accoustics sometimes bit loudSpecial Features:
- Something a bit differentChrissieluDined on 25/10/2014Great place if you're looking for somewhere a bit different but at an affordable price, although portion sizes are relatively small. Quick and friendly service and nice facilities. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a let down!JSW13Dined on 25/10/2014This is the 2nd time I've been to this branch of Inamo and it never fails to provide exactly what it says..Its especially a place to try for those who aren't too familiar with pan asian cuisines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Style over substanceTastyFoodForAlwaysDined on 25/10/2014Lovely inviting decor as you walk in is seen in Inamo. Staff were helpful throughout. Interactive ordering system is a fun novelty, if you have kids (or grown ups too) they will love the interactive games. Food seemed a little pricey for what it was. Nice to try but wouldn't go again unless with a large group of friends for the interactive novelty value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not good as beforeNicoDined on 24/10/2014Went here many time and this time the food was not very good as beforeSpecial Features:
- Now for something differentDannoDined on 22/10/2014Really enjoyed this place. Food was nice and the service quick all helped by the table projectors they have. First of its good fun, the interective games and choosing of table clothes making for a few giggles at the table. Secondly, if you remove that gimic, the games and ambience, it actually works as very good service system. There is no trying to flag down a waiter to grab a drink or get the Bill you just use your interactive table, pick your food, pick your drinks and send it off, it then comes to you quite soon after. If you still want the personal touch then just hit the service button. One thing I would say its its prciey but worth every penny, but just make sure you bring a healthy wallet.Special Features:
- Clever little restaurant!AmeliaDined on 21/10/2014Novel experience at Inamo- choosing your own tablecloth, ordering directly from your touch screen & requesting the bill made things playful and easy. The 3 course offer has limited choice but the veggie options were tasty & it is fantastic value. Would definitely go again & think it would be fun in a bigger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.