Inamo St James
4 - 12 Lower Regent St
London, SW1Y 4PENeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Inamo St James
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.inamo-stjames.com/
- Phone: 02074840500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 3pm; and 5pm to 11pm
Friday - Saturday 12pm - 00.30am
Sunday: 12pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Sean Marshall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: inamo st james will offer your guests a unique, distinctive and memorable location for your event or private dinner.
Using E-Table™, the world's first interactive ordering system with overhead projection, take complete control over your dining experience. Your guests will never have seen anything like this before, all set within a stunning interior with exceptional food and drink on offer. You can even customise the images on your table surfaces to create a truly unique and personalized event.
A word from Inamo St James
Take complete control of your dining experience at inamo st james, using the world's first interactive ordering system beamed directly onto your table. Select your dishes, choose your virtual tablecloth, watch the chefs on 'chef cam', play games and much more besides. None of this distracts from the high-quality cuisine. With a simple touch of your finger summon dishes of oriental fusion to your table, accompanied by tantalising cocktails. Unlike other restaurants, each dish arrives as soon as it is ready from the kitchen, arriving for you to share with those in your party to bring a new harmonious level to dining. With a central location ideal for the West End, inamo st james is just a moment’s walk from Piccadilly Circus: you'll arrive talking about the technology and leave delighted by the food. For special occasions or events it's even possible to customise the table surfaces you'll be dining from with your own images. Please contact us to enquire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Inamo St James reviews from OpenTable diners
726 reviews since 21 October 2013
special occasions (335)group bookings (294)pre/post theatre (242)fit for foodies (187)romance (173)good vegetarian options (167)child friendly (167)business meals (137)sunday lunch (46)outstanding value (38)brunch (34)disabled access (27)outdoor eating (22)afternoon tea (8)Show More
- DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/10/2014A unique experience. Loved the interactive tables, they kept us adults amused so I expect they will be great for children. I loved the fact you could check your bill as you went along.Special Features:
- Yum yum!EllieDined on 18/10/2014Food was delicious and it was a great experience! However, did pre-order a birthday surprise and it didn't come, we waited for a long time and eventually gave up. BUT it was really fun and I would definitely recommend. The black cod was awesome!Special Features:
- Great fun and super tastytopdinnerDined on 17/10/2014We had early dinner at the Inamo St James before attending a dance show. The staff were very friendly and explained to us how the special ordering system works. The interactive table was great fun! Everything arrived promptly and tasted great! We finished in time to catch the tube to the show venue. The quality of the food and the excitement of the technology are great attraction points for Inamo. Will be back again!Special Features:
- Great venueNics82Dined on 16/10/2014Love this restaurant. Food is consistently good quality and the concept is very unique. I like to take friends visiting london here and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Tourist attractionFoodieDined on 16/10/2014Great if you're a tourist. Not worth it otherwise. Food is not great.Special Features:
- Unusually disppointingNewbieDined on 14/10/2014We went to Inamo on weekday for a late lunch at around 14:00 and what no one told us, even at the time of booking, was that the kitchen closed at 15:00. This meant that we were subsequently rushed by the waitress to make our orders. One of the party then put an order through close to the time of the "kitchen closing" and was told that the order had come in too late and that the kitchen was closed. The manager then had to sort this situation out. We then tried to order a bottle of wine and were again told that we couldn't because the kitchen was closed. Again getting the manager involved we got our bottle of wine! Overall this trip was disappointing especially as on previously visits I have had an excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodtouristDined on 11/10/2014Great concept - my 9 yr-old son and I enjoyed the interactive tabletop, ordering food by click of the mouse, playing games on the table as much or even more than the food itself, which was pretty good too(but a bit overpriced). Well-executed dishes, helpful staff overall apart from the fact that they seemed to forget to come and collect payment after handing me the bill!Special Features:
- Good Japanese, but nothing specialNicoleVIPDined on 10/10/2014The concept of this place is really cool and modern. You control everything from touchpads on your table which makes ordering fun and simple. The service is a little hectic and everything comes out at different times, which is fine but a couple of things were forgotten. The food is nice but nothing to write home about. There are far more superior places to eat Japanese in London. Some of the dishes were overpriced too. Still a fun place for a night out with a group of friends!Special Features:
- Novel experienceFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Fun and novel but lacking in a personal touch. Great fun for kids and welcoming atmosphere. There was not as much choice as I would have liked the menu was very fish heavy. The food portions were a little stingy, we went elsewhere for dessert afterwards. Prices were reasonable and the food was OK. Altogether, I have mixed feelings about Inamo St. James - it is a fantastic idea but it has not been able to join all of the dots yet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Everything was excellent until a group with 3 children with the oldest probably 12 to 14 were allowed to play hide and seek throughout the restaurant with management ignoring how disruptive to other guests. Even after one server was pumped and knocked management did not confront the parentsSpecial Features:
- Incredible InamofrancesemmaDined on 7/10/2014The food was to die for and so were the cocktails best restaurant experience I've ever had. Don't think twice about going GO!!Special Features:
- Great food and entertainmentFoodieDined on 6/10/2014Food was really good. We ordered side plates, aubergine - tasted really good, pork in apple sauce, tuna maki roll , chicken satay, salmon, sorbet, creme caramel. Everything tasted so good I would definitely go back to eat here. Of all the food we had I cannot say one mediocre comment - it was all so good including dessert . The interactive menu and games were good fun and worked well. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Interesting conceptSKRKDined on 6/10/2014Loved ordering from the e-table. I've been here several times and always enjoy the interactive ordering system. Food is good, but small portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014I dined at Inamo with a friend on a Monday evening and the restaurant was quite quiet. This did however mean that the service was great. We had not been to the restaurant before, so the waiters helpful explained how to use the interactive menu (which was very unusual and fun) very well. We ordered the £20 menu (3 courses and a glass of house wine) which was great value however there wasn't a massive choice - expected from a set menu. The food was great and was bought to our table very efficiently. Overall we had a great time and I would recommend this restaurant for its novelty factor and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal at InamodrakDined on 5/10/2014Had a nice meal in a group at Inamo St James, I have visited many times before and the food never disappoints. Black cod was stunning as was the steak. Service could have been more helpful, one waitress was slightly rude when a wrong order came. Apart from that we enjoyed the Inamo interactive experience and the food was a high standard.Special Features:
- Gadgetry could't save this disasterAsianfanatixDined on 4/10/2014Unfortunately Inamo is a restaurant who's food simply doesn't compete with other Asian fusion restaurants of its ilk. Although nicely presented and well cooked, with each dish that was brought to us us we felt both increasingly underwhelmed and short changed. We visited on a Saturday evening, our table was booked for 9pm, the restaurant was busy but it isn't an excuse for the debacle that followed. It took 35 minutes to seat us as we waited in the bar. Several couples had entered the bar and were shown to their seats ahead of us, despite me asking twice when ours would be ready. In fact I had to intervene to finally be seated. Once we were sat and had ordered, the food and drinks (!) came out in long and random intervals.
- Saturday eveningCiaranCDined on 4/10/2014Excellent meal, good service and all round excellent night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateFrankDined on 4/10/2014Food was very good with lots of interesting dishes to choose from. The atmosphere was perfect for a birthday celebration and the concept was great fun. All the party members, young and old enjoyed ordering their food direct with the kitchen, changing the lighting designs and playing games on the interactive table. The only issue was the time limit on the table. When we received our confirmation on the day we were advised that we could only have the table for 1.5 hours (not told when booking). Throughout the meal I felt rushed and did not order everything we would have liked because of the time issue. I felt our evening although great was cut short and I felt under pressure to vacate the table which did put a dampener on the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantKicksDined on 3/10/2014Really good fun. Querky place with good ambience and food. Very impressed. Food prices slightly expensive but all round can't complain. Front of house provided a fantastic service and catered for our every need (ie, sitting us away on our own like we asked) among other things. Very well done. Been before and will 100% go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great placeiam007Dined on 3/10/2014As a company we supplied the onyx for the sliding screens and behind the bar area and was the reason for my first visit shortly after this placed opened. However it has still retained something quite special. The venue itself lends itself to either casual or formal dining. The quirky 'non traditional' way of ordering your meal is a real conversation point and the heart of the experience. This place would be an ideal place to have a first date you would not run out of things to talk about or have any of those awkward moments. Food is almost all of Asian origin but varied and lends itself to sharing. Have fun.Special Features:
- Fun for foodiesNushVIPDined on 1/10/2014The 2 course for £15 is great value and there is decent variety. I definitely recommend the maki rolls or fried aubergine to start and pork neck for main. Food is beautifully presented and portion size is generous. What makes this restaurant special is the digital ordering system. You can scan the menu, order your food and call the waiter direct from your table. You can even alternate the tablecloth and play games whilst you wait. It is all quite novel, but hugely frustrating and fiddly to use the touch table mouse . If you want a paper menu instead, you can just ask, but the £15/&20 meal deals can only be ordered via the table ordering system. The service was very attentive, but we did dine early at 6pm and the toilets are great.Special Features:
- UnusualWLT83Dined on 27/9/2014An unique eating experience where you order using 'buttons' on your table. Good ambience but music was far too loud. Service was good, waiters/waitresses pleasant. Food was good but 'sharing' portions were really for one person, not to share. Pricey, but I guess you're paying for being in Central London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealhungryoftenDined on 26/9/2014Visited two to three years ago and have wanted to go back ever since. Yet again, fantastic food and service. Was intrigued that families were placed together and adult only groups together - good planning and organisation on the part of the restaurant. A couple of items arrived that we didn't order and they were returned to the kitchen without question. The only 'gap'; lack of a children's menu, or at least a couple of very plain dishes other than a bowl of rice. For example a bowl of noodles or plain grilled chicken/prawns. Really appreciated the staff requesting we checked the bill, they thought it seemed a little expensive, however, it was right. Overall a fantastic evening and would go back for family occasions and adult only nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre&meal with live the dreamIamdissapointedDined on 24/9/2014Was promised a 2 course meal with 3 choices with each course. Choice of mizo soup for starter and salmon or veg curry for main. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED no choices suitable for my asmatic diabetic husband. Will never go there again or recommend it to any friends. Organise many company functions none will be with you guys.Special Features:
- Ripped off!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/9/2014Good concept, food actually quite tasty BUT tiny expensive food served on very large plates. Left very hungry and £100 poorer!Special Features:
- Fun place for a date!ZaraDined on 20/9/2014Fun atmosphere - good sharing dishes available. We initially booked under the set menu for £20 but on arrival at the restaurant decided we would rather order from the a la carte. We ordered about 10 small dishes between 4 of us and felt that was better than an option that one small and one large dish each. We enjoyed the non alcoholic cocktails and being able to play battleships certainly eased some peoples nerves!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSharleenDined on 19/9/2014Such a good, original concept. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLhs33Dined on 19/9/2014Great food, love the concept of ordering via iPad style tablet on table so you're not waiting for ages. Definitely a lively group venue as opposed to a date or meal with a partner simply down to the noise and music but good night out. Plenty of choice, food arrived quickly and ok value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative diningthedailygluttonDined on 17/9/2014coolest restaurant ever, interactive dining, very fun to play with, but it's just too expensive if not for the 25% off corporate offer we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphereHirenPDined on 16/9/2014Great atmosphere Amazing service Some of the food really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014It is very relaxing to enjoy a meal and play around at the same time. I do not know if it is safe for everybody though, due to the lights effects on the brain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funKisumugirlDined on 15/9/2014Once you have got used to the interactive table menu, great fun can be had ordering, playing table top games & changing the design of your table covering! When booking here you need to allow yourself time to enjoy the atmosphere, also for the food & drink to arrive which at times seemed a little slow. If ordering multiple dishes you can at least check what has arrived from your interactive table. The food was very tasty, while the staff seemed busy, they were helpful & pleasant. Overall an excellent experience, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- InamoStar78Dined on 15/9/2014Beautiful décor and toilets. Quite an extensive menu with very small portions. Disappointing visit, I arrived and explained I had the OT deal. When I went to order I was told that the deal was over, I said no-one had explained any time restrictions for the deal so expected to have it. Manager said we could have the deal with a very restrictive choice. The menu is on the table and interactive this wasn't explained on arrival. I left hungry and I would only return for bar drinks.Special Features:
- Fantastic HiTec foodRaymakerDined on 14/9/2014Very good food, great service, fun tables. I visited this week and had a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty dining!luv2eatDined on 13/9/2014I ate here on a Saturday night which was fairly busy but service was surprisingly fast and efficient. Food was excellent, however, considering the portion sizes, I would say a little overpriced. The concept of the interactive menu at the table was amazing. It made ordering quick and easy as we didn't need to keep calling a waiter over and you can also see a picture of the dish on your plate. Me and my friend also enjoyed the games you can play together at the table such as battleships and pong. Makes dining a little more fun. I would recommend eating here at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time visithelen1ewxDined on 13/9/2014First ever visit to Inamo & we really enjoyed it. On arrival shown to table close to door, which was OK & told only allowed table for 1 and half hours which we said was fine if the food came quickly. We only just managed to eat our 3 course set meal in this time, despite ordering within 10 minutes of arriving. 3 courses for £20 with a glass of wine excellent and good value, although we had to ask for our 'small' dishes as they didn't arrive, we then proceeded to be offered it 3 times! Couldn't really understand how the order could get muddled with their ordering system and the restaurant wasn't busy either. We did enjoy our meal & would return.Special Features:
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014We booked a table online and confirmed on the phone the day before. Despite this, upon arrival at the restaurant there was no table for us and we were "sent" to the bar to have a drink (NOT complimentary, by the way) until a table was available. We were left waiting in excess of 30 minutes without any explanations and eventually saw other people arriving after us being accommodated as well as several empty tables. When we left, the manager saw us walking out and surprisingly made no effort to stop us. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE AND VERY RUDE CUSTOMER CARE.Special Features:
- Nice, but they don't understandThuglyDined on 11/9/20143rd time at Inamo. Always enjoy ordering from the computer thing. Despite the hostess and waiters being delightful, they don't always seem to understand what you mean. Got charged for an item we shouldn't have been charged for. Still, would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing first experiencetashkVIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked this for a group dinner - impressed right from the start. it is such a fun place with the style of ordering and interactive design - ambience is brilliant and food is yummy! will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive atmosphereelda1japaneseloverDined on 9/9/2014I only had one problem: top table did not specify for which times the offers of the restaurant were. I went thinking I could get a meal and wine for £20 because of a special offer. The website informed which days but not which times this was available. The restaurant is a bit pricey so good thing I was prepared! Really good food and staff is ever so helpful. Really enjoyed it and hopefully will return sometime soon. The food was good although I still think the portions are small for the price. The interactive tables are also a lot of fun!Special Features: