181 Finnieston Street
Glasgow, G3 8HENeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indiaquay.com/
- Phone: 01412211616
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 12am
Thursday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 4:30pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Purna Kandel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: First Bus 62 service and Arriva 26 service operate each day, approximately every 10 and 20 minutes respectively, adjacent to the SECC site. These services run from Argyle Street (62) and Finnieston Street, at the Clyde Arc Bridge (26) . Both services travel to Glasgow City Centre and return, as follows: First bus 62 service via St Vincent Street
- Parking: Public Car Park
- Parking Details: Car Parking is available after 5pm in ATS garage car park on Finnieston Street. Alternatively on street parking is available on nearby Elliot Street and Tunnel Street.
A word from India Quay
Glasgow"s India Quay triumphantly pairs traditional Indian cuisine with urban chic. Adjacent to the newly redeveloped Finnieston area, this restaurant overlooks the banks of the River Clyde, providing awe-inspiring views of the city's Squinty Bridge in the distance. India Quay's menu is made up of long-established Indian favourites, but they do have a few surprises up their sleeve. The restaurant's stark black and white interior oozes understated style - though dashes of flamboyance accentuate the space. Their cutlery, for instance, is specially designed to balance at right angles, creating an eye-catching visual illusion that will intriguingly play on your eyes throughout the meal. It's the little details that make India Quay's individuality stand out above the rest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
India Quay - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
India Quay reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since 19 May 2014
pre/post theatre (101)special occasions (72)business meals (50)outstanding value (42)romance (40)group bookings (39)fit for foodies (32)good vegetarian options (27)disabled access (12)child friendly (11)sunday lunch (9)brunch (6)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Food was good, waited a while.EatsOut212Dined on 29/8/2014We had a table of 8, we had to ask if we could order after waiting a length of time. We then had to wait a while for our mains which we were told was due to a large party coming in, however we did come in before them. Negatives aside they did give us a round of drinks to make up for it, and I would say our waiting times were more down to shortage of staff rather than staff negligence and when it did come our food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for HydroJacqui16Dined on 25/8/2014Had a lovely pre-theatre meal before going to the Hydro. Food was lovely, service was quick and staff very attentive.Special Features:
- highly recommendedseccfoodDined on 23/8/2014food outstanding, service outstanding overall highly recommend India QuaySpecial Features:
- Best Indian Restaurant in GlasgowWinkletteDined on 22/8/2014I have visited India Quay many times before and this time did not disappoint, the food is always a very high standard & the staff are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would definetly recommendidr123Dined on 22/8/2014Fantastic food, fantastic service, good value and will definetly be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationRsrc42Dined on 19/8/2014We chose to eat here as we were going to see a show at the sse hydro, it was ideally situated especially if your not familiar with the area, and we really enjoyed the food. We would definately eat here again if going to the secc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRestaurant1loverDined on 9/8/2014No complaints at all with this restuarant food very good Staff friendly and professional Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantG273Dined on 6/8/2014I've been to this restaurant many times and the service is always brilliant. Best Indian in Glasgow, without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of India QuayGenericname1Dined on 30/7/2014It was very good indeed, especially given that our booking was in the middle of Commonwealth Games madness. Watch out for the cheese, coriander and chili nan, it's a bit hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceGlasgowJimmyDined on 18/7/2014Glasgow has many Indian restaurants - most fall into the good or very good category. A Glasgow Indian restaurant needs to be very special to stand out from the crowd. India Quay achieves this by a combination of excellent food and service. (comments based on numerous visits)Special Features:
- Superb All RoundTeenDined on 16/7/2014Amazing food, service and surroundings as always. My only negative is that there isnt an India Quay closer to home 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABwidowtwankieDined on 26/6/2014We went before the Robbie Williams Swin concert and it was fantastic as usual. Friendly staff, very helpful and the food was really lovely. The music in the background is usually the music of the performer at the secc/hydro which gets everyone in the mood for the night ahead.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 22/6/2014Great service, absolutely brilliant food! The pakoras are the best I've ever tried.Special Features:
- Working our way throughy the menuUnazukinDined on 21/6/2014This is the second time I've visited this restaurant in two weeks (because the first time was great). I've now tried quite a fair few things on the menu and everything has been excellent. The service is also consistently good. I was delighted to pick up a take away menu as well. I think that, from now on, this is where I will take friends when they visit Glasgow.Special Features:
- Great Indian restaurantEndea294Dined on 21/6/2014We visited for a pre concert dinner. Best chicken pakora I've tasted. The South Indian garlic chilli chicken is fantastic.Special Features:
- Superb foodRobbieGDined on 21/6/2014Great selection of beautifully prepared cuisine. As a sufferer of coeliac disease it was no problem to them and they went through the menu with me. Dosa bread stunningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening MealTakkerDined on 19/6/2014Had an excellent meal here during a two night visit to Glasgow. Had been here with a group of friends before but now wanted to take my husband to sample the excellent food - didn't disappoint! will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/6/2014I've eating at India quay now six times and never been disappointed, staff are always attentive ,and a great place to go before visiting the secc for concerts,enjoyable night and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre for Dolly concertWilkyDined on 17/6/2014Three of us ate at the India Quay before Dolly Parton's concert. The service was tailored to pre theatre timings but at no point did we feel rushed by staff. Every dish we had was very tasty. I would recommend the starter platter - very good value particularly on a pre theatre menu. They played Dolly in the restaurant as we ate; a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!UnazukinDined on 13/6/2014Really enjoyed the food, wine and service. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and chatted to us happily about the food (possibly because the restaurant was a bit quiet when we arrived). He recommended some dishes we had never tried before and they turned out to be delicious. I'm looking forward to trying out their pre/post theatre and lunch menus and I'm hoping that they also offer take away.Special Features:
- Unbeatable,FoodloverDined on 2/6/2014Fabulous food, great taste experience, friendly attentive staff. Fast efficient service.Special Features:
- Far to rushed!1OffDined on 2/6/2014Got in got the table offered and ordered drinks, menu's were handed out and we were asked if we were ready to order in the same breath. Waiter left us someone approached the table to offer drinks, we said we had ordered them, they left someone else approached and offered drinks. Constant barrage of is everything OK can I get you any more drinks. Starter arrived and plates whipped away before one of out group had finished! Main course the barrage of is everything ok. We just wanted to have a meal chat amongst ourselves and be lefy alone, this did not happen
- Dining ExperiencemelgarDined on 31/5/2014Travelled over 50 miles to eat at this restaurant, wasn't dissapointed, the occasion was my daughter's 21st, staff bought us any drink of choice free of charge to celebrate the event. Excellent ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.. but not the best experience.BriaghaDined on 31/5/2014I booked via opentable for 4.30pm as it was the only pre concert time available. I received a phone call from the restaurant that they were too busy and was asked to arrive at 4pm, it was a bit early but I accepted it. The buffet wasn't set up and I had to wait. The mains were finally available at 4.45pm (I'd have been as well with the original 4.30pm arrival time). The food was ok but it didn't excite me, the mains that I tried were chicken tikka masaledar and chicken korma. I expected it to be better considering how booked up they were. The staff were attentive enough and pleasant and the restaurant itself was lovely. Perhaps the a la carte or pre concert menu would be better, but I don't know that I'd rush to return so I may never know.Special Features:
- 2nd visit - just as goodalexj51Dined on 23/5/2014The food, service and hospitality at this restaurant are all excellent - portion sizes are generous, and the menu choices are all tasty and good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly goodSorrentoFanDined on 23/5/2014We booked an early table for lunch and were the only patrons for the first half hour or so. The waiter was courteous and made us feel very welcome, explaining how the buffet system worked and serving initial starters to our table. We had expected a set price 2 course lunch so were somewhat unsure what to expect from the buffet. We need not have worried. There was plenty of choice and every bite was delicious. The nan bread was freshly made to order and again served with friendly professionalism. At a cost of under £7.00 per head the lunch was super value. I really would struggle to find fault with anything and certainly intend to return to India Quay in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- currygirlsDined on 21/5/20142 course menu was excellent value as included glass of house wine. enjoyed sharing platters for starters. Quality and presentation of food very good. Staff were attentive.Special Features:
- A meal to enjoykdanceDined on 21/5/2014Absolutely delicious meal had before concert along the road. Great service, nice staff, nice ambience. Thoroughly enjoyed meal and whole experience. First time, but will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert mealGirlsclubDined on 18/5/2014This restaurant was in the perfect location for the Hydro. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The starters were excellent and the mains good but too full for a pudding. Service was good and aware of the time we had until concert.the music even matched the concert we were going to -nice touch.Special Features:
- Good food and servicemummygDined on 17/5/2014Booked on our way down to Glasgow, we arrived about 30 mins early, but were promptly shown to our table. Service was very good and the food was lovely, although they were filling up fast we were never rushed and were made to feel welcome. Will defo visit here agaiSpecial Features:
- Great place to dine!Ki88Dined on 14/5/2014We were attending a show at the hydro on wed. We went here first for a meal pre show and the service was excellent! The food was brilliant and the staff could not do enough for us! Even after the show we struggled to get a taxi and the staff in the restaurant made sure they booked one for us and that we were sorted to get back to out hotel! Excellent service and will definately be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodLindaDDined on 13/5/2014Great food, service and value...what more can you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starmarionDined on 10/5/2014We visited the Quay as a birthday treat.The staff were really friendly and the restaurant had a really good atmosphere and was really busy.Our food was fantastic and the portions were big.The sharing platter was excellent value.When we asked for the bill the head waiter came and asked who s birthday is was and we got 2 glasses of wine on the house. We will be back and would recommend to all.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Indian cuisineLizardKingDined on 10/5/2014Lovely modern decor, and an enjoyable meal overall. Delicious crispy chicken pakoras were followed by a rarely bettered Lamb Rogan Josh. Cheese, chilli, and coriander naan was tasty (and certainly hot!), but soft and spongey. It was round too, and overall reminded me of a pizza base. Most naans are dry, crispy, and taper from a wider end to a point. Double scoops of Movenpick ice-cream rounded off a delicious meal. Would visit again, but would hesitate at ordering another baa served like that one. A shade or two over-priced, so three stars overall because of the slow service, and disappointing naan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need air conOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/4/2014The food was pretty good but did not enjoy my experience due to the level of heat within the restaurant which was uncomfortably hot. I asked if air con could be turned on and they assured me the fans were on but def were not.
- AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCEorm33Dined on 17/4/2014Service was first class with food very good, plenty of room at table unlike some other restaurants I have been to also located overlooking the squinty bridge which gives a nice outlook through the windows. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our time spent here.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for pre Hydro mealRossMcGDined on 17/4/2014I have eaten here before on a couple of occasions and always found it to be more than satisfactory. Food not the best I have tasted, but better than most. Went for the pre theatre, with the combo starter for two the talking point...it is more like a combo starter for THREE. Eat too much starter, so couldn't cope with all my main, therefore never had dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- india quayarchiebillDined on 13/4/2014we really enjoyed our dining experience at india quay... starter was more than enough and main meal was excellent ... all food was pipimg hot .... we had a lovely time ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmashinTinkerbellDined on 12/4/2014Love India quay. Food, service and atmosphere never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for post evening concertCassoDined on 5/4/2014Perfect for post evening concert dining at SECC/HYDRO/Clyde Auditorium (5 mins walk) Food & service both very high qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.