181 Finnieston Street
Glasgow, G3 8HENeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indiaquay.com/
- Phone: 0141 221 1616
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 12am
Thursday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm; 4:30pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Purna Kandel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: First Bus 62 service and Arriva 26 service operate each day, approximately every 10 and 20 minutes respectively, adjacent to the SECC site. These services run from Argyle Street (62) and Finnieston Street, at the Clyde Arc Bridge (26) . Both services travel to Glasgow City Centre and return, as follows: First bus 62 service via St Vincent Street
- Parking: Public Car Park
- Parking Details: Car Parking is available after 5pm in ATS garage car park on Finnieston Street. Alternatively on street parking is available on nearby Elliot Street and Tunnel Street.
A word from India Quay
Glasgow"s India Quay triumphantly pairs traditional Indian cuisine with urban chic. Adjacent to the newly redeveloped Finnieston area, this restaurant overlooks the banks of the River Clyde, providing awe-inspiring views of the city's Squinty Bridge in the distance. India Quay's menu is made up of long-established Indian favourites, but they do have a few surprises up their sleeve. The restaurant's stark black and white interior oozes understated style - though dashes of flamboyance accentuate the space. Their cutlery, for instance, is specially designed to balance at right angles, creating an eye-catching visual illusion that will intriguingly play on your eyes throughout the meal. It's the little details that make India Quay's individuality stand out above the rest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
India Quay - Best restaurants in Glasgow ›
India Quay reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since 23 November 2013
pre/post theatre (124)special occasions (86)business meals (57)group bookings (50)outstanding value (45)fit for foodies (44)romance (42)good vegetarian options (28)child friendly (16)sunday lunch (16)disabled access (12)afternoon tea (6)brunch (6)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- Very GoodEBETHWDined on 16/11/2014Beenn to India Quay several times now and it is always most enjoyable, sevice very good, friendly and efficient staff, food excellent. We have now booked for xmas dinner.Special Features:
- Decent Indian food well-located for The HydroYvo316Dined on 16/11/2014Enjoyed a decent Indian meal prior to a show at The Hydro. Well located with a nice ambiance and good selection of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2014Not impressed with the food, mainly because we get better food from our local take-away. It wasn't poor enough to complain about, but was just not worth the money in our opinion. We may well have been unlucky as I read many very good reviews about it before booking. To sum up, pretty ordinary.Special Features:
- FabulousMrspDined on 12/11/2014Restaurant was busy as Kylie was in town and my friend and I were going to see her. Arrive was therefore a wee bitty slow but staff were friendly and helpful and hardworking. Now to the important bit........ The food. We both had poppadoms and spiced onions - great. Followed by a large tandoori sizzler twice sauce and salad - it was fabulous. The nan bread is on another planer - light as angels wings - oh so lovely. We also had drinks . Our bill including the tip £50 you really can't say fairer than that. If only India Quay was closer to home - it would be my curry house of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest visitGrumpyDined on 3/11/2014Everything was fine. It was a Monday so the venue was quite quiet although a party of 20 arrived as we were leaving.Special Features:
- BufferLookerDined on 1/11/2014We went for the buffet which was very poor, not a great selection and food not very warm. At £15 per head and £9 for kids I expected a lot better. One member of staff supervising the buffet who hovered about the table desperate to take away our plates. No music or atmosphere, place was very empty for a sat night. We went with our 3 kids and it was what we felt a waste of £80! Might have been different if we had went al a carte but a very poor buffet.Special Features:
- PaddyDined on 31/10/2014Another gorgeous meal at this lovely restaurant .. Fab food fab service once again :)Special Features:
- Pre Hydro MealAjSaunders20Dined on 31/10/2014Booked in advance of a recent Hydro show as i love indian food, had decent reviews and was only a short walk from venue. WOW. Food was fantastic and i will definately be back every time i visit the Hydro. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- good food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 30/10/2014the food here is very good, and we have ate here a few times before a concert but I would advise going two or more hours before as we didn't even have time to get starters and we had an hour and 45 minutes before concert because they took so long with the foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fav!bestinjunDined on 29/10/2014Always eat here when going to an event at SECC , HYDRO or CLYDE AUDITORIUM. The good and service is always excellent and the free parking is a boost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLuv2eatindianDined on 27/10/2014Ate here on 27th October 2014, very tasty food, service was great, menu choice very good, Made up for the disappointment of Paolo Nutini cancelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLindsayDined on 18/10/2014Friendly staff, however got a few items of order wrong. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Food quality average except for the naan bread which was excellent. Portion sizes were good not rediculously large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014Was 2nd time I've been to India QUAY and I can't fault the place at all the food and service is 1st class and I will definitely be going again and would recommend it to anyone it's brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & staff were outstandingAmazingDined on 17/10/2014We had booked for dinner but were running 30 mins late the staff had been so thoughtful as to reserve a table at the buffet in case we were seeing a show - which we were. Being a vegetarian normally buffets arent great for me. The food was perfect but the staff were so attetive in case there wasnt somethinv I enjoyed! Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !CurryosityDined on 17/10/2014Great atmosphere , relaxed and laid back ambience .Welcoming and attentive staff . Food was hot , fresh and tasty and served promptly with a smile .Special Features:
- Lunch @ India QuayWilkoyumDined on 17/10/2014Looked possible budget from outside with buffet lunch sign.....however very pleasantly surprised. Décor modern, minimal, crockery, cutlery and glassware above the average Indian restaurant. Quality of food very good, well above average. Mixed starter for three a good choice, enjoyed by all, poppadum a little soft....dips and sauces liked by all. Korma with Coconut delightful though Chicken Sizzler a little bland/dry. Staff attentive but not intrusive.....no hurry to move us on when finished though left to Hilton opposite to continue lunch meeting with coffee & drinks into the afternoon. Will definitely use if in town again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre theatretonystipsDined on 16/10/2014used this place many times , food and service had always been excellent although on our last couple of visits we have found the service somewhat slow and one or two staff disinterested - despite this we will continue to use this restaurant as we maintain it offers some of the best tasting curry's you can find in Glasgow, not to mention being very handy for SECCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatinootDined on 10/10/2014we went for a meal at the Indian Quay, before heading to still game at the Hydro, it was absolutely brilliant, we will definitely go back there for a meal.Special Features:
- Excellent mealLoraDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed our meal before attending a show at the hydro. The food was excellent and the choice was varied. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and will book again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StormyDined on 5/10/2014Very good food which was enjoyed by everyone in the group. Very helpful staff.Special Features:
- Pleasant Pre TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Having pre booked before theatre event at The Hydro we had a lovely meal with great service and good value.Special Features:
- Very good authentic Indian foodJulie1701Dined on 2/10/2014Very nice food, great service, staff very helpful and pleasantSpecial Features:
- India QuayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014The food at the India Quay is very good indeed. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and were pleasantly surprised when we received our bill. Service is very efficient and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic quality of food.YumyumDined on 30/9/2014Fantastic service and even better food. Highly recommend India quay. Very fresh and clean restrauntSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & servicePerthladyDined on 29/9/2014We went for a meal before going to a show in the Hydro. The food was excellent, service friendly and efficient and it had a real buzz. This is the 2nd time I've been and I'll be back and recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre/post theatreMattDined on 28/9/2014Visited here Sunday 28/09/14 at approximately 17.00. According to web site pre theatre menu should be available at this time. No such menu was offered. Thoroughly enjoyed meal from a la carte menu but if pre theatre menu is advertised on web site then the menu should be on table.Special Features:
- pre theatrekmc8955312Dined on 28/9/2014Service was good, quick and efficient. Good wine list. The starter platter was very nice. Our curries were good and the naan bread also good. Lovely sorbet to finish the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/10JMluvfoodDined on 27/9/2014Couldn't sing their praises enough! Service was great, place was spotless an most importantly food was excellent! Wouldn't hesitate to return and recommend to friends an family.Special Features:
- 'Pure Dead Brilliant'AlgidaFamilyDined on 27/9/2014Visited before a show at The Hydro and we chose from the Pre Theatre menu. Very reasonably priced and fabulous sized portions. Staff could not do enough for you.. Friendly and helpful. Even going out their way to say happy birthday to my daughter. Restaurant is light and airy don't feel like your sitting almost on fellow diners knee! Stunning outlook over the Clyde. Will be visiting again 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealBriggsbunchDined on 27/9/2014Booked for a meal before a show at the hydro due to its location but we were very impressed by both the food and the service. Not a traditional Indian by decor but very contemporary. Everyone enjoyed their food and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant....ModmotherDined on 26/9/2014I had booked this table a few days beforehand. When we arrived we were promptly greeted by a waiter who showed us to our table. It was 5.30pm. We were handed the A la Carte Menu. When I looked at the time I asked if there was a pre theatre menu which the waiter went and got for us but I thought that would have been a given as the pre theatre menu was available until 6pm. There was also a buffet on upstairs and when I asked about the buffet we were asked if we had booked the buffet? I said 'no'. We were then told there were no tables available as the buffet has to be booked in advance. Anyway, we ordered our meal and it was very nice. It was handy for the SECC which was where we were going straight afterwards. Would recommend.Special Features:
- pre theatrejoetDined on 21/9/2014Went to India Quay before going to the Hydro and the quality of food was superb The service was excellent and not rushed, just perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wallacehoopsDined on 20/9/2014Really good food although not much choice on the buffet but what there was was lovely. Service excellent.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 19/9/2014Excellent service and the food was fantastic. I had booked this on line and we were shown to our table right away . Very nice place to eat.Special Features:
- CAS1956Dined on 19/9/2014Had a very relaxing and comfortable meal with excellent service. The food was outstanding and my husband and I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfood4thoughtDined on 19/9/2014Great variety of food to choose from. Something for everyone. Big portions.Special Features:
- Food was good, waited a while.EatsOut212Dined on 29/8/2014We had a table of 8, we had to ask if we could order after waiting a length of time. We then had to wait a while for our mains which we were told was due to a large party coming in, however we did come in before them. Negatives aside they did give us a round of drinks to make up for it, and I would say our waiting times were more down to shortage of staff rather than staff negligence and when it did come our food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for HydroJacqui16Dined on 25/8/2014Had a lovely pre-theatre meal before going to the Hydro. Food was lovely, service was quick and staff very attentive.Special Features:
- highly recommendedseccfoodDined on 23/8/2014food outstanding, service outstanding overall highly recommend India QuaySpecial Features:
- Best Indian Restaurant in GlasgowWinkletteDined on 22/8/2014I have visited India Quay many times before and this time did not disappoint, the food is always a very high standard & the staff are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.