42 Devonshire Road
London, W4 2HDNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indiancinnamon.co.uk/
- Phone: 02089940544
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from Indian Cinnamon
One thing sets a good restaurant apart from the humdrum and that’s a passion for food, something London’s Indian Cinnamon has by the bowlful. Situated just off of the Chiswick High Road on Devonshire Road, Indian Cinnamon is a modern Indian dining room built around a real love of good cooking, Asian flavours and always great hospitality. Owner Mr Tahir brings years of restaurant experience with him to this, his second solo venture, having grown up in a family of restaurateurs. Head Chef Manju has plied his trade throughout London and the Middle East, bring with him an in depth knowledge of ingredients and techniques, all of which now go in to his stunning menu here at Indian Cinnamon. Dishes served are free of artificial additives, instead cooked in a natural, traditional way, providing guests with a true taste of Indian cuisine. Stylish and modern, Indian Cinnamon is a relaxing place in which to unwind and allow yourself to be spoiled with sumptuous food that’s good for the soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indian Cinnamon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great birthday supperForshawDined on 14/6/2013There were eight of us in the party and we all had a lovely time. The food was excellent and I would most certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food everytimeAndrewDined on 19/4/2013Cant vault the food or the service at this lovely local restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lamb special!ChiswickFiDined on 23/3/2013Really good food - good value, too. Service is a bit hit and miss - apart from the manager who is very friendly. Was glad we listened to him when he recommended the lamb and butternut squash special - gorgeous! Not sure why they don't have more wine by the glass on the menu but the one we had was adequate. It's a good value, no frills Indian. Good for takeaways and eat in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian delightsShoerainDined on 26/2/2013Chiswick is a little lacking with Indian restaurants - decent ones anyway. So based on others' reviews we decided to give this local a try. Not disappointed. The service was attentive (it was quiet at the time!), took time to explain the menu, specials, not pushy at all. The curries were very good, lots of flavour, sends your tastebuds in all different directions. The breads were done perfectly... would definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Restaurant...nuff saidTheDinerDined on 30/1/2013Just when i thought I have tried the best Indian restaurant ever. From the outside you would think it is some takeaway shop, but from within is the most amazing food. Now they may not be using the finest of ingredients, but it clearly shows the talented chef how to make such an amazing curry without having to spend much on sourcing quality ingredients. Yet passing the savings on to the customer. Went on a weekday and it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first visit toyumyumDined on 22/1/2013This was the first visit to the restaurant by my wife and I having been recommended it by a couple of friends and we were't disappointed. The food was delicious and we discovered a fantastic bottle of Indian Merlot on the wine list that we have since sourced a supplier forour own consumption. We will definately be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- This is a lovely Curry HouseJamesDined on 4/1/2013This is a lovely Curry House which is much better value than most with great food in a simple venue. Would recommend the specials which are excellent and that you're trying something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Indian CinnamonFoodieDined on 31/12/2012We decided to try Indian Cinnamon for the first time this New Year's eve. The restaurant itself was not too busy - about 3 couples, including ourselves dining in - however the service was not great as the kitchen and waiting staff seemed busy taking phone and walk-in bookings for take-away service. It also seemed to take ages for a menu to arrive. However, the food was good, potion size was adequate and the house wine was excellent. Maybe we will still to a delivery service next time!Special Features:
- Great findDMHfoodDined on 22/12/2012This is a small neighbourhood indian, good chutneys provided for starters, food is freshly prepared so we had a wait for the main course but it was worth it...very good flavours and happy with the chicken dishes we ordered. Very helpful service and suggestions - on a quiet Saturday before Xmas other restaurants were very very quiet but this was reasonably busy - got to be a good sign. The bill for 4 with wine and 4 beers was £84 - great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Indian RestaurantShimmyDined on 16/12/2012I have visited Indian Cinnamon several times before and it is a great, friendly restaurant with incredible fresh Indian cooking. This certainly isn't a sloppy curry house that is found all too often in West London!! The specials are incredible and the chef has always been happy to accommodate friends of mine that look for a particular dish, even if it isn't on the menu. This is certainly worth trying and you'll probably find yourself coming back sooner rather than later...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Sunday evening currychopperDined on 18/11/2012Arrived bang on 6 which might have been a bit of a surprise but we were welcomed and seated without any trouble. Food was very good (best Saag paneer i've every had) and service was pleasant and respectful. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Good neighbourhood Indian restauratMoChiswickDined on 26/9/2012Went there on a friend's recommendation with four friends. Everyone enjoyed the food. Not too spicy, but tasty. The waiter was very helpful and since most of my friends don't eat meat, he suggested a fish dish which was not on the menu. Please go early, especially if you are party of four or more as the food takes some time to arrive. I was glad I had booked, as by 7.45 pm there was a queue for tables (even though it was a rainy Wednesday evening). Will go back again to try other dishes on the menu. Only dish I didn't care for was the paratha (but that's my personal choice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good deal with the tastecardmonicaDined on 12/7/2012I went to the Indian Cinnamon with my work colleagues. We booked the table for 6pm and 10min to six the sign on the door said 'closed' so we waited until someone opened the door. We had 2 tastecards with us, of which we had informed the restaurant when making the booking, but the staff didn't know how to calculate the discount (2for1) and they only counted the main courses as part of the deal, not all the other side dishes that we ordered (not the full one person's meal), which we thought was a bit unfair. The food was good, though.Special Features:
- Above average Indian delightsTheEpicureanNo1Dined on 28/5/2012A charming restaurant just off Chiswick High Road. Dishes are freshly made with an innovative + daring new take on mix of spices thus raising its standard above average. There are novel takes on old traditionals! Pershwari naan (in particular) + other breads are exceptionally delicious. There's a conscious nod to health + heart, not often found in Indian sauces, + the Chef is to be commended for using less ghee + oil in all dishes my party tried - noticed by all! Even poppadums had a wonderful warm crispness without the usual greasy fingered shine we're so used to. Staff were knowledgable + eager to answer questions about any dish + Maitre D generously brought a couple of extra dishes to savour in order to wet appetites for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely meal at Indianluv2eatVIPDined on 11/5/2012We had a lovely meal at Indian Cinnamon in Chiswick last Friday. Very yummy jalfrezi, korma and naans. Will definitely go back.
- I had dinner here with twoluv2eatVIPDined on 11/5/2012I had dinner here with two girlfriends on a Friday night. The restuarant was quite busy. We started with the poppadoms and dips which were lovely. Had some nice draught beer and a mix of different mains. Service was attentive and we had a lovely night.Special Features:
- Indian Cinnamon, ChiswickSunhatDined on 2/4/2012Indian Cinnamon, Chiswick was excellent. Very friendly staff and lovely food at reasonable prices. I shall return.
- We went to the Indian CinnamonDeirdredoneDined on 31/3/2012We went to the Indian Cinnamon as a treat for my husband. It's our second time here and the food is ad good ad ever. only difference is that its become a lot more popular in the last few months. Chiswick's best kept secret is now out :-)
- This is a really small restaurantSteveVIPDined on 27/3/2012This is a really small restaurant and very minimal looking inside, all the walls are white, tables cloths white. It was very busy and they were turning people away who did not book and this was on a Tuesday. The food was really good, service also friendly but a little slow, maybe because they were really busy. Would go back again.
- The best Indian food we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2012The best Indian food we have found in Chiswick for years. Excellent selection of chutneys on arrival with a warm welcome for both waiters and owner particularly to our children. The food was excellent the lamb tikka cooked to perfection. I was recommended to try the Achari chicken masala which was so tender and the sauce to perfection. The restaurant is small so best to book and the phone never stops ringing for take away so they must be doing something right.