Isola Del Sole
16 Lacy Road
London, SW15 1NLNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
Isola Del Sole
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.isoladelsole.co.uk/
- Phone: 02087859962
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Isola Del Sole
A mouthwatering prospect on Putney’s Lacy Road, Isola del Sole is a friendly & welcoming Sardinian restaurant where guests are treated as one of the family. Passing by during evening service you’ll be greeted by the sight of happy customers bathed in soft candlelight behind the glass frontage, a tempting sight indeed & all the recommendation you'll need to make a booking. Inside modern art from local artists line the walls while a large blackboard details the many specials being created in the kitchen. Fresh healthy Sardinian ingredients are the stars of the show in every dish, plump juicy tomatoes, soft mozzarella, fragrant garlic & verdant, flavoursome basil amongst them making for glorious home style food reminiscent of those familiar Italian favourites but with a distinctly singular flavour. While mains, pastas, meat & fish alike are hearty but sophisticated, desserts are utterly sumptuous & the wine list is temptingly well put together featuring predominantly Sardinian labels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isola Del Sole reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since 2 June 2014
romance (2)special occasions (2)fit for foodies (1)good vegetarian options (1)Show More
- Not as good as it wasbrawstorneVIPDined on 9/10/2013We have been a few times and the pasta has been amazing and reminded us of being in Italy. However this time the pasta was ok. My wife's pasta was not that good. Fresh but strange combination of filling artichoke and potato. I think it was a off day for them. The only really nice things was the canunou red wine.Special Features:
- The following 242 reviews are from the Isola Del Sole reviews archive.
- Good local restaurantcritiqueDined on 26/9/2013I took my god-daughter to Isola Del Sole for a catchup, and it was just right - easy to talk (no loud music), tables not too close, good service and a good choice on the menu - but not too many choices. We both had pasta for the main course - one seabass and the other quail - for a reasonably priced £14 or so. The starters were all about £4 - again, reasonable - so we shared an antipasta. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurant in PutneyFoodieDined on 29/8/2013Relaxing ambience, good service, wonderful food (I has the crab pasta which was delicious). For dessert I had a chocolate/hazelnut mousse (can't remember the actual "menu description) which was also excellent. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?jujuVIPDined on 29/8/2013The food was lovely but the restaurant is very small and if busy, a tad cramped. The service was also what can only be described as haphazard. Although the girls were perfectly polite- we sat with dirty plates on our table for over 15 minutes after we had finished and they only got cleared as I decided to move them to the then empty table to the side of us. The wait for the bill was also too long. I'd have thought given the small number of tables that 2 waitresses should have been more than sufficient, but obviously not! It's a shame as I think the service tarnished the entire experience and despite the lovely food and wine I probably wouldn't return.
- A Hidden GembrianDined on 17/8/2013I can highly recommend this restaurant. The food was superb. I had a fabulous pasta so simple and yet so delicious. My partner had a Pork dish that was the best I have had. We enjoy going to restaurants that serve outstanding food and this is one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my third visit toAnonymousDined on 10/8/2013This is my third visit to Isola del Sole and it didn't diappoint. The menu is carefully chosen and it's really hard to decide which dishes to try, but they are always beautifully presented and full of flavour. The portion sizes are just right as you leave feeling like you've had a great meal but without being too full. I will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- Great local treatjimbimDined on 11/7/2013We love this place, the food is brilliantly authentic, well priced and it has lovely cosy feel. Putney is lucky to have this oasis of independence 2 mins from the repetitive chain restaurants of the High St and it is relaxed, friendly and welcoming. It is small, but still great for a romantic meal for two or a table with friends or family. It does not try too hard - it just does exactly what you hope it will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful DinnerChachaDined on 4/7/2013The feel is quite rustic. We ate earlyish (7pm) and were the only people in the restaurant and it felt like eating at home. The food was well-cooked and tasty. The pasta with crab was deliciously spicy. My lime sorbet was refreshing and was served in a glass with a straw as it was semi-frozen. The Sardinian wine by the glass was very palatable; we should have ordered a bottle. Although the price of individual dishes is quite reasonable, our total bill came to more than I expected, probably because of the extra glasses of wine! I would definitely visit again as this restaurant is local for me.
- Lovely food and servicesdkjamboDined on 1/7/2013A friendly welcome on a quiet Monday night, service was perfect throughout the delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit to this restaurantMaddyDined on 11/6/2013My first visit to this restaurant was with a friend from Australia who I had met on holiday. I wanted to take here to somewhere special and Isola Del Sole met my requirements. The staff were friendly & welcoming and the food was delicious. We were given plenty of time to chat over our meal and both thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to eat in Putney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDH11Dined on 18/5/2013Another fantastic meal - food is amazing, service great, went for wife's birthday and had a brilliant eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As ever a really really interestingbothamDined on 18/5/2013As ever a really really interesting menu. You will not find Spag Bol on the menu here but some really authentic Italian food, many ideas developed by Andrea himself. He has now added a cheeseboard which was excellent. Really good meal as ever.Special Features:
- A taste of italybrawstorneVIPDined on 17/5/2013The menu is always real traditional Italian food. We had the squid starter which was very good and I had the mushroom ravioli freshly made pasta, it made me think I was back in Italy. The cake desert was also very good. The bill was about £80, not bad for 2 our us and would go again.Special Features:
- Possibly the best Italian in LondonPaulDined on 11/4/2013This used to be my local restaurant, until I moved away, but it is certainly worth the occasional trip to Putney. Don't be put off by its size, or location, as this is the real deal - a family-run restaurant serving genuine Italian regional cooking (as confirmed by my Italian girlfriend who loved it) at its finest. The pasta is homemade (and can be purchased), and all the meals are beautifully cooked and presented - although starting to get a bit nouvelle. Seriously, if you live in SW London and haven't been here, you're really missing out - but don't expect pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy charmergournmetteDined on 26/3/2013Lovely place for a meal with friends on a cold night. The linguine with sea bream was fantastic and was matched well with a light Sardinian red. Dessert of Pave au Chocolate was substantial enough to share - but I ate it all myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isola Del Sole - poor serviceEaterDined on 15/3/2013Isola Del Sole had very good food, but the service was sadly lacking. Never before have I spoken to a waitress to place my order only to be told that other people were in front of me. This was done in a very rude way, I was surprised and shocked, as was my guest. I also felt embarrassed that i'd brought my guest to the restaurant. It was then a good 20 minutes before they came back to take my order and this was only after I tried again to place my order. Also, not once was the water or wine on our table topped up by the staff. This spoiled what I think would have been a great experience otherwise.
- Small and friendlymollybDined on 10/3/2013We went for Mothering Sunday. Fellow diners included young families, 3 young women and a single elderly gentleman, all well received. The tables are well spaced out in this tiny place so no problems with sharing conversation or loud children. Food was delicious from beginning to end; great pasta with fish, delicious liquid sorbet and fried cheese dish . Wines are Sardinian which involved us taking a punt on an unknown red which was quite good, as was the prosecco. Service was quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Food - service a little slowTT12VIPDined on 1/3/2013We went to Isola Del Sole on Friday evening (1st Marhc, 2013). We've just moved to the Putney area and wanted to try out a range of restaurants. So we had a cocktail and looked up a suitable restaurant. Isola Del Sole is a nice restaurant on a tucked away street just off the high street in Putney. The menu was really interesting and the food was delicious. We arrived at 20:45 on a Friday and the place was packed (we'd just booked ahead on toptable though so we were good). The restaurant were expecting us when we arrived and quickly sat us down. From then on though, the service was a little slow, friendly but slow. The food though was excellent. If you're in no hurry well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, very poor portionsRielDined on 1/3/2013The food was very well prepared and tasted great, but the portions were ridiculously small. I think it would cost them nothing to add more food on the plates, specially when it is a pasta dish.I would have gone back if it wasn't for the portion sizes.
- Isola del Sole in Putney isWimb1VIPDined on 16/2/2013Isola del Sole in Putney is our favourite restaurant and every time we return, we are still pleasantly surprised. The starter of the Velutatta of Jerusalem artichokes with a poached duck egg was rich but so tasty and unusual, and we all had the seafood tagliatelle which is simple but packed with flavour and textures. The food never disappoints and no matter how busy they are, the service is impeccable.
- Good food bad serviceTeresaVIPDined on 15/2/2013I know I went on a friday when the time is the most busy but still we are paying for our food and table service - where service wasn't up to scratch at all. If they are busy then they should consider hiring another staff, not make the customers wait around for a long time. They have refurbished the interior so that they can fit in more tables, and it was very packed in that small area to the point where 2 waitresses were not enough. Food was lovely though, so I will only be going there on quiet weekdays when they can handle the number of people in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous!ArletteqDined on 8/2/2013This restaurant goes from strength to strength. A great neighbourhood restaurant and some of the best Italian cuisine I've tasted anywhere. You want to eat everything and every visit increases loyalty. Just delicious food and a great buzzy informal atmosphere!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.....myam72Dined on 2/2/2013Excellent as always.....my favourite spot in putney!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSA76Dined on 23/1/2013Isola del Sole is a fantastic Sicilian restaurant, the homemade pasta is delicious. I would recommend highly, and have introduced many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasurable experienceHatetowaitDined on 17/1/2013Our food at Isola was fantastic - all three courses outstanding. Our reason for the three star service rating was that the restaurant was full and the strain telling on either the chef or the waitresses. It was over an hour from arrival to our first course being served -too long. The remainder came more quickly, but still not as slick as should have been. However we would wait again for an hour for the quality and taste of the food we had that evening, if we have the chance to go again. But for the wait it was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealLaurageneousDined on 29/12/2012It was very quiet but beautifully peaceful, and I imagine being apart from the high street makes it quite relaxing. While I am sure they are child friendly, it was great that they did mostly adult options in a mature setting - better for grown-up occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner at Isola del SoleWimb1VIPDined on 28/12/2012Had dinner at Isola del Sole and the food was the usual high standard with friendly and attentive service. Ingredients were fresh and beautifully cooked and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Friday evening supperPutneysupperDined on 21/12/2012Very good attentive service, excellent food, and intimate small dining room. Great place for a couple or a small group. Would thoroughly recommend. Was a little quiet for a Friday evening but I think that was because people had already left for Christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isola del awesomeNomnomnomDined on 7/12/2012We are repeat visitors to I.d.s and we will contiue to be! Great food and ambiance in this little restaurant. The food is fresh, packed with flavour and elegantly served. Good wine list too. Its small though so book ahead! we saw 3 couples turned away on the night we were there as it was packed!!Special Features:
- Isola Del SoleJoJoDined on 24/11/2012Absolutely fantastic food - we loved it! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Gorgeous little place withLAJ11Dined on 17/11/2012Gorgeous little place with delicious home-cooked Sicilian food. Very nice ambience, candle-lit etc.Special Features:
- Fantastic menu, really interestingbothamDined on 6/10/2012Fantastic menu, really interesting and authentic Italian dishes. Compared to the prices some "top" restaurants charge this is great value for money. A real gem.Special Features:
- nicejulciaVIPDined on 21/9/2012We had a lovely dinner at Isola del sole. Altough it took quite a while to get the dishes (I want to think that they were cooked at the moment and not just preheated) they were really nice. I had a fish and it was lovely. The pasta was home made and even my picky boyfriend was very happy with the meal. The staff was very polite and accomodating. Nice experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way gemXXXXVIPDined on 29/8/2012Very good experience - friendly service, unexpectedly tasty, will definitely return
- Home made pastaDBMCDined on 8/8/2012Isola del sole is one of my favourite Putney restaurants - a delicious selection of pastas, lovely ambience, good desserts and at prices which don't break the bank.Special Features:
- We ate as a group and theygroupeffortDined on 2/8/2012We ate as a group and they accomodated us really well. The wee starters they bought out were a lovely gesture however the main meals were rather bland and completely colourless - they had the sauce (yellow from butternut pasta or creamy) and the pasta. It looked very dull on the plate and for that i give just two points for the food and value. A sprinkling of rocket or roasted tomatoes or something else added in would have been great. I would not normally order salad out, however we ended up having 5 sides/salads between 6 of us, just to add some other flavours to the dishes we had ordered. At £4 per salad, that felt quite hefty (as they were quite small).Special Features:
- Fantastic food!woodsyDined on 18/7/2012Outstanding food, fantastic service and all very reasonably priced. You couldn't ask for anything more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, I'd go back.amykiwiDined on 9/7/20123/5 seems low, but I can't quite say 'very good' for anything. We went at 7 on a Monday so it was pretty empty, but the atmosphere seemed quite nice. Service was pretty good. Starters were excellent. Not quite as expected (particularly visually), very interesting - in a good way! Had quail, aubergine & tomato, and squid. They were fairly small, which was good - I still wanted to eat my main. The mains weren't as impressive: Quail papadelle; risotto with mussels; and spinach & cheese ravioli (tomato sauce). The ravioli was very citrusy (orange?), which was unexpected and didn't work. The others just didn't wow. Quite heavy, boring to look at, just OK. Didn't live up to the starters. So it was fine, can't complain and I'd give it another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemSimonDined on 4/7/2012We went on a midweek night and were not expecting much but had a wonderful night. The food was excellent from start to finish. Can't recommend enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sardinia comes to PutneyJBE1Dined on 21/6/2012Another highly enjoyable family dinner at this distinctively Sardinian restaurant in the heart of Putney. Our pasta mains were inventive and appetising, and the Verdicchio by the glass was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.