45-46 Red Lion Street
London, WC1R 4PFNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.isolabellarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7405 6830
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm, 5pm - 11pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Isolabella
Among London’s leading Italian restaurants, Isolabella charms guests to its centrally located dining room with wonderful authentic and sophisticated food and a classy, formal yet friendly atmosphere. Popular with business diners and the pre- and post-theatre crowd, Isolabella is sleekly put together to combine both modern style and touches of tradition for an unobtrusive look that allows focus to remain on the kitchen’s excellent food. Ranging from pasta, pizza and risotto to meat, fish and seafood dishes, the extensive, though certainly not over the top, menu includes both favourite Italian restaurant dishes and house signatures, an opportunity to sample the best the kitchen has to offer. Freshly prepared to order, Isolabella’s food is accompanied by a fine selection of wines, each choice paired with a suitable sip for those guests seeking the perfet partnership.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isolabella reviews from OpenTable diners
437 reviews since 28 November 2013
outstanding value (162)business meals (161)pre/post theatre (135)group bookings (127)special occasions (104)romance (94)fit for foodies (90)good vegetarian options (66)child friendly (21)brunch (19)sunday lunch (16)outdoor eating (5)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- Reunion meal with friendsARC844Dined on 20/11/2014As my friends and I only meet once year there is a lot to catch up on and as time is short we tend not notice the food each has ordered and if it was ok or not.We are more interested in the company. For my part I was disappointed. My canalloni was hard and stuck to the plate and my apple pie crust the same with very little apple. I think they had been microwaved proberbly from frozen (I could be wrong of course)
- Wonderful little restaurant !sangloVIPDined on 18/11/2014Have eaten here before a few times and the quality of the food and service is always outstanding, a great night out on a bargain price !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceLRonTTVIPDined on 13/11/2014Chose for a business meal, first time here. Alarmingly lengthy menu (!) and plastic-coted pages so clearly doesn't change too often - does make one a little anxious as to if they can produce literally all those choices to the same quality, from fresh, on demand. Still can't answer that question for Isolabella even having eaten there but what we had was fully acceptable. Not somewhere for a celebratory meal I think, but served the purpose for that day. Both had veal (one saltimbocca, one with gorgonzola) - mine a little on the tough side in places but only a bit. Starters both good. Service was excellent though - really friendly. I think choose for informal/social, but not for special occasions perhaps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards at reasonable pricesjasnDined on 12/11/2014Very good food and excellent service. The house red is very good - needs proper breathing but once ready good legs and nose. The bream I had was gorgeous - moist and fresh. Two minor areas for improvement, perhaps? Sometimes a little of wait for the bill and card reader for payment but not a major issue. At times the wait between the bill and card reader for payment is a little long. Also, the menu could printed on better looking paper? These are really very minor observations. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there - will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAhoyhoiDined on 12/11/2014We came here for a 50% off food for a pre-theatre dinner. The service was incredibly friendly and the food was bought to us really quickly. The waiter was incredibly obliging and when we asked for our bill and food to come as soon as possible and he made sure it happened. The food was delicious, excellent value for the 50% off. Lovely small restaurant down a quiet road, I would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurantMichaelDined on 10/11/2014I always try to eat at Isolabella at least once during my regular visits to London. It is usually easy to book and the staff are always friendly. The food is unpretentious but absolutely delicious and amazingly good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal yet againEllie01VIPDined on 10/11/2014I come here all the time because the food is exceptional and really well priced, the ambience is lovely, the staff are friendly and welcoming, and it is centrally located. I would heartily recommend it to everyone who likes Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBrucelondonDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food, really good deal at 50% off, might be slightly expensive at full price, lot of dishes that I would like to go back to try.Special Features:
- Isolabellatheatre2seeDined on 8/11/2014An excellent evening with friends, we were looked after well, the food was excellent . The ambience was just right we could here ourselves speak yet the restaurant was busy and lively. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:
- Convivial atmosphereCaitDined on 7/11/2014This is a restaurant with a convivial atmosphere. There were eight in our group and we had a happy and pleasant evening. The food was lovely and the service excellent; one of the waitresses was happy to take some photos for us. It's the sort of place where you can relax and just enjoy yourself and there is something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and sensible pricesColinDined on 5/11/2014Had table booked for 9.30pm but arrived a bit late but no problem and restaurant still very busy. Rather noisy large table of business men next to us but they soon went. Had 50% off food voucher which the restaurant were quite happy with. Good portions of well cooked food, not too salty like too many restaurants and very good service. Would definitely use again. Only disappointment was our lack of time meant we had to get away before we could hit the dessert menu!Special Features:
- Return visitDayoutinlondonDined on 5/11/2014Every time my friend and I come for a day out in London we book to go to Isolabella and we are never disappointed. The service is exceptional (thank you Felipe) and friendly. Food very good. Well done. See you again.Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Was a very nice experience friendly staff great surroundings. Would come Gain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at IsolabellaChairDined on 4/11/2014our first meal at Isolabella and it won't be our last with excellent food, friendly and efficient service. The atmosphere was buzzy but not too noisy. There is an varied and reasonably priced wine list. The Open Table 50% off food offer makes a meal outstanding value. £78 for three with 2 bottles of wine. Even without the offer the quality of the food and overall experience would be hard to match.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner with friendBarlivbedboyDined on 4/11/2014Had a lovely time. Good service, good food. No complaints. Would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outGourmetgalDined on 4/11/2014We had a lovely meal and the service was discreet and impeccable. Although the restaurant was busy, we were still able to catch up with a friend without having to shout as the noise level was enough to provide a bit of atmosphere without being intrusive. Overall we found the food excellent and great value for money with the 50% off deal. My Insalata Mare starter was I bit disappointing, however, as it lacked flavour but the sea bream at Isolabella is to die for! The Amaretto Gelato is also delicious! We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place....Hels72VIPDined on 4/11/2014A nice venue, very chilled and laid back. Great pasta and pizza dishes on the menu and staff were very friendly!Special Features:
- Wonderful afternoon at IsolabellasallyanneDined on 2/11/2014I was having a reunion with two friends and had booked Isolabella for a Sunday afternoon lunch. We loved it! It wasn't too busy (OK, not so good for the restaurant but great for us) and we loved the food and service and ambiance. I would thoroughly recommend trying it!Special Features:
- Gorgeous foodKazzaDined on 1/11/2014We made this booking for a trip to London as it was nearby our hotel so we could walk. Lovely little place and excellent staff .food yummy especially with the 50% off booking through open table, unlike others who were eating and paid full price. Don't think twice.....book it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum YumThommoDined on 31/10/2014Slightly off the beaten track but well worth a visit. Could not fault the food. Restaurant was very popular which is always a good sign. 50% off a la carte menu made it very reasonable price wise. Good choices of wine.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambiencelimeGuyVIPDined on 30/10/2014Fantastic restaurant with great food and great service . I don't know why I am still writing reviews. Since Toptable changed to the new scheme, I have requested a cheque; my 10,000 points have been taken and no cheque has arrived. I've emailed Opentable 4 times with the only reply being the 4th time, which was a cut and paste of the website FAQ. I'm hoping if I write this on every restaurant review, they might actually decide to stop pretending that they send out dining cheques.Special Features:
- IsolabellaAGS81Dined on 29/10/2014With the top table 50% off offer this was very good value. The food was good quality, felt fresh and the restaurant was busy with a good atmosphere. I would not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian restaurant!AlexDined on 25/10/2014I went to isolabella for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend and the least I can say is that this restaurant truly deserves all the good reviews people write on OpenTable! The service was fast (a bit 'speedy' though sometimes), the food was excellent and portions really generous (especially for the risotto), finally the staff was really friendly and welcoming. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who truly enjoy Italian cuisine and wants an outstanding value for money experience. P.S: Give a go to the Chianti Classico if you're having meat or risotto. This wine was such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great Service as nomalFoodloverDined on 25/10/2014I have lost count how many times I have been to this restaurant. As long as the 50% off food offer is available I will continue to visit. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- A surprise Italian gemcommutergirlDined on 24/10/2014Visited this restaurant on a Friday evening. It was quiet when we arrived but soon got very busy which must be as a result of the lovely food. The variety of food meant every member of my party was spoilt for choice despite some being fussy eaters. The food portions were large and the customer service was one of the best I have seen recently in restaurants.Special Features:
- tasty food!mmiaDined on 23/10/2014I already have visited several time! Always come back home with big satisfaction. Nice food and very kind staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchdustinVIPDined on 23/10/2014was good, service effective, food enjoyable - would returnSpecial Features:
- Lovely FoodHD2012Dined on 22/10/2014Was a fantastic meal, they let you enjoy and take in the atmosphere without bothering you whilst you ate. Perfect for a evening meal.Special Features:
- 38abcDined on 21/10/2014This was a return visit to this restaurant and having experienced an excellent meal on our first visit we were even more delighted on our second. For lovers of all things Italian this restaurant provides the ultimate experience within a relaxed setting. Go and enjoy it!Special Features:
- RachaeleatingwithkidsDined on 11/10/2014We went here on a saturday night with 2 young children and did wonder how suitable it would be. However it was a pleasant surprise , staff were very attentive, happy to do half portions on any menu item and to remove the chilli in a dish for my son. Food was good and with the 50% discount deal amazing valueSpecial Features:
- Little GemGingerOlDined on 9/10/2014A friend and I have a very nice bowl of pasta and a glass of red wine. Thumbs up.Special Features:
- Good food bad serviceBethalsDined on 4/10/2014Sadly we arrived for our nice romantic evening & waited 10min just to get menus. In this time a group that came in after us were seated, given menu's, olives & got their drinks The food was nice but the service wasn't & I can't see us going back againSpecial Features:
- GorgeousFionaVIPDined on 2/10/2014Gorgeous as always... But perhaps the lasagne was even better than usual!
- Great value and tasty optionsLily1086Dined on 1/10/2014We went for a pre theatre meal, and the service was very quick and efficient. The food was also decent and represented great value for the quality.Special Features:
- ISOLABELLA ALWAYS GOODTheatredinerDined on 1/10/2014Another excellent meal at Isolabella. Food lovely - traditional Italian cooking at it's best. Plenty of choice including fish, and a good selection of decent wines by the glass. A snip with the 50% off.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening...InmyopinionDined on 29/9/2014I wanted to book a family run Italian with a lovely atmosphere, good service and delicious food and we got all of that and more!! After arriving very late due to tube disruption the manager was very accommodating and still managed to fit us in with only a twenty minute wait, and still honoured our 50% off offer. The service was perfect and the food delicious . I would definitely dine here with my family again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendlyfairy53friendlyfairy53Dined on 27/9/2014Six of us enjoyed a post theatre meal. The food was delicious and the service was really good and very friendly. We had the offer Of 50% off food which made it very good value. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and I look forward to eating here again In the future. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice!mmiaDined on 26/9/2014outstanding value as long as special offer exist. Friendly staff and love lobster Linguine !Special Features:
- Friday Night DiningBlackDogVIPDined on 26/9/2014An excellent restaurant with friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:
- IsobellaRaymondoDined on 25/9/2014Good value. Excellent, friendly service. Will certainly go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.