45-46 Red Lion Street
London, WC1R 4PFNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.isolabellarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074056830
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm, 5pm - 11pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Isolabella
Among London’s leading Italian restaurants, Isolabella charms guests to its centrally located dining room with wonderful authentic and sophisticated food and a classy, formal yet friendly atmosphere. Popular with business diners and the pre- and post-theatre crowd, Isolabella is sleekly put together to combine both modern style and touches of tradition for an unobtrusive look that allows focus to remain on the kitchen’s excellent food. Ranging from pasta, pizza and risotto to meat, fish and seafood dishes, the extensive, though certainly not over the top, menu includes both favourite Italian restaurant dishes and house signatures, an opportunity to sample the best the kitchen has to offer. Freshly prepared to order, Isolabella’s food is accompanied by a fine selection of wines, each choice paired with a suitable sip for those guests seeking the perfet partnership.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Isolabella - Best restaurants in Holborn ›
Isolabella reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since 30 October 2013
outstanding value (163)business meals (163)group bookings (132)pre/post theatre (130)special occasions (116)romance (102)fit for foodies (96)good vegetarian options (68)child friendly (21)brunch (16)sunday lunch (12)outdoor eating (5)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Very good Italian restaurant!AlexDined on 25/10/2014I went to isolabella for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend and the least I can say is that this restaurant truly deserves all the good reviews people write on OpenTable! The service was fast (a bit 'speedy' though sometimes), the food was excellent and portions really generous (especially for the risotto), finally the staff was really friendly and welcoming. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who truly enjoy Italian cuisine and wants an outstanding value for money experience. P.S: Give a go to the Chianti Classico if you're having meat or risotto. This wine was such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise Italian gemcommutergirlDined on 24/10/2014Visited this restaurant on a Friday evening. It was quiet when we arrived but soon got very busy which must be as a result of the lovely food. The variety of food meant every member of my party was spoilt for choice despite some being fussy eaters. The food portions were large and the customer service was one of the best I have seen recently in restaurants.Special Features:
- tasty food!mmiaDined on 23/10/2014I already have visited several time! Always come back home with big satisfaction. Nice food and very kind staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely FoodHD2012Dined on 22/10/2014Was a fantastic meal, they let you enjoy and take in the atmosphere without bothering you whilst you ate. Perfect for a evening meal.Special Features:
- 38abcDined on 21/10/2014This was a return visit to this restaurant and having experienced an excellent meal on our first visit we were even more delighted on our second. For lovers of all things Italian this restaurant provides the ultimate experience within a relaxed setting. Go and enjoy it!Special Features:
- RachaeleatingwithkidsDined on 11/10/2014We went here on a saturday night with 2 young children and did wonder how suitable it would be. However it was a pleasant surprise , staff were very attentive, happy to do half portions on any menu item and to remove the chilli in a dish for my son. Food was good and with the 50% discount deal amazing valueSpecial Features:
- Good food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Sadly we arrived for our nice romantic evening & waited 10min just to get menus. In this time a group that came in after us were seated, given menu's, olives & got their drinks The food was nice but the service wasn't & I can't see us going back againSpecial Features:
- GorgeousFionaVIPDined on 2/10/2014Gorgeous as always... But perhaps the lasagne was even better than usual!
- Great value and tasty optionsLily1086Dined on 1/10/2014We went for a pre theatre meal, and the service was very quick and efficient. The food was also decent and represented great value for the quality.Special Features:
- ISOLABELLA ALWAYS GOODTheatredinerDined on 1/10/2014Another excellent meal at Isolabella. Food lovely - traditional Italian cooking at it's best. Plenty of choice including fish, and a good selection of decent wines by the glass. A snip with the 50% off.Special Features:
- What a lovely evening...InmyopinionDined on 29/9/2014I wanted to book a family run Italian with a lovely atmosphere, good service and delicious food and we got all of that and more!! After arriving very late due to tube disruption the manager was very accommodating and still managed to fit us in with only a twenty minute wait, and still honoured our 50% off offer. The service was perfect and the food delicious . I would definitely dine here with my family again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendlyfairy53friendlyfairy53Dined on 27/9/2014Six of us enjoyed a post theatre meal. The food was delicious and the service was really good and very friendly. We had the offer Of 50% off food which made it very good value. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and I look forward to eating here again In the future. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice!mmiaDined on 26/9/2014outstanding value as long as special offer exist. Friendly staff and love lobster Linguine !Special Features:
- Friday Night DiningBlackDogVIPDined on 26/9/2014An excellent restaurant with friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:
- IsobellaRaymondoDined on 25/9/2014Good value. Excellent, friendly service. Will certainly go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal at a reasonable pricepcshops247Dined on 20/9/2014We had a lovely meal on a Saturday night. The restaurant was about full but the service was friendly and efficient. The food was very tasty and good value. We live outside London but would definitely consider returning next time we are on London.Special Features:
- lovefoodDined on 20/9/2014In London for the weekend from Scotland. Had dinner at Isolabella before and it was great so decided to go back with friends on Saturday night. Wasn't disappointed - another great meal in nice surroundings and pleasant dining atmosphere. The restaurant was full and buzzing which added to the ambiance, yet service was excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending it and will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Excellent home style ItalianJenwDined on 13/9/2014You must try the lobster pasta. Suace is tomatoey and rich. Pizzas were good too!Special Features:
- Excellent food at a great pricesandnDined on 13/9/2014I think we over-ordered the delicious food since we did not want to miss out on anything but managed to ignore our conscience. The starters were slightly underdone but the mains were terrific - my wife had the lobster and I really enjoyed the saltimbocca again. The staff were very attentive and we had a really good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant arounddramaqueen27Dined on 12/9/2014Eat here a lot, even when there is no 50% of food deal. Extremely pleasant and friendly staff and nothing is too much trouble. Food choice is variable and delicious. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Ate here pre theatre, enjoyed the food which was fantastic value with the Opentable offer. Service was attentive, food good qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very friendly staffmmiaDined on 5/9/2014meal was nice, especially lobster linguine, and the lady staff was very friendly! she made my friend's birthday perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tnmcDined on 3/9/2014Isolabella is an extremely nice Italian Restaurant, you can take friends there, Isolabella won't let you down.. Offers good value for money, good good and a pleasant environment. I've been before; I'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably and consistently very goodDaveWDined on 2/9/2014This little Italian gem is conveniently located near Holborn underground station. The food is consistently good and the menu should suit all tastes without being too long. Service attentive and unobtrusive. It is perfect for business lunches and tete -a tetes although I notice larger groups (six or so) also emjoying themselves. The online offers for lunch and diner make the meals outstanding value.Special Features:
- SHFoodieDined on 1/9/2014Good value Italian in a business friendly environment- ordered spaghetti arabiata - disappointing. My companions seemed to enjoy their dishesSpecial Features:
- Excellent family mealHeadingtonHeaviesDined on 30/8/2014Really, really excellent family dinner. The menu is varied enough to meet 3 very different, fussy people's tastes, and it was exceptionally good value with the 50% off deal. The food was very well cooked, especially the cod which was perfect. Service was efficient, friendly and natural. No "how are you doin' today" nonsense. Following a previous review, I noticed a nearby table where the people drank tap water: there was no difference in the service they had. Tables were far enough apart that you didn't feel at all crowded, and the seats were actually comfortable. There was a mixture of customers, from families to couples. Lighting was turned down while we were there, as the mix became more couples focussed. Great all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab pastaluvfoodDined on 30/8/2014Booked on half price food deal for pre theatre meal...our pasta was the best we had eaten in a long time! Fab food, good service. Staff all friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!MerryDined on 29/8/2014Perfect location for 3 friends to catch up. Linguine was fabulous-great size portion, a lot of garlic (which I love, but you might want to ask for less), and gorgeous prawns. Didn't even look at my friends meals I was so busy enjoying it!! Tiramisu had a lovely flavour too (although possibly could have been less fridge temperature as I'm sure this masked some of the flavours!). We used the 40% off food offer which made it even better value!!Special Features:
- mix reviewsJennyDined on 29/8/2014There were 4 of us - presentation and the quality of the dishes were quite average like dishes from any good restaurant that would charge a third of the price, and the food tasted very average too. Luckily I got the 50% off food option, but the waitress had charged us full price for the desserts we ordered and I had to tell her several times that the offer is for ALL courses.Special Features:
- Fantastic!enemessDined on 28/8/2014Being in the area for business we didn't know the area well, so turned to the usual websites and found Isolabella. It had good reviews so we decided to book for that same evening. We were pleased that they could accommodate a large group (12) at short notice. It was all round a great evening. The food and service were both excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal and had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choiceMadammuckDined on 28/8/2014It was our second visit to Isolabella and I can honestly say both times have been consistently good. Will definately return when we return to LondonSpecial Features:
- Benissimo!KateVIPDined on 28/8/2014We had all afternoon for our lunch and the staff were happy for us to take as much time as we wanted - yet always available when we needed them. I have some allergies (including milk) which I advised in advance and the waiter knew exactly which dishes I could eat (not all Michelin star restaurants get this right!). It was great for me to have so much choice, and the chicken I ordered was excellent. My friend had the seafood risotto and said it was the best he'd had in ages. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Exactly what we hoped for!gribsDined on 27/8/2014We booked this restaurant last week having read many good reviews. All I can say is, it lived up to expectations!Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerHEVRDined on 25/8/2014Really nice food, with good service. Felt like a telly nice neighbourhood resterant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlovesfoodDined on 23/8/2014A regular of mine. Fantastic value especially as able to use OT offer on a Saturday night. Food consistently good. Love the asparagus and egg starter. Not a fancy restaurant but great for a night out with friends or family at a reasonable price. Not many places like that in central London.Special Features:
- Great dinner at IsolabellasandnDined on 23/8/2014The 50% off food offer meant that we could treat ourselves to the specialities of the house which we thoroughly enjoyed. The starter was excellent too. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky1Picky1Dined on 21/8/2014Two of us had a good meal here in the evening. Food was plentiful (we were unable tom finish our main course) and tasty. Restaurant was nearly full but staff were still very attentive and efficient. House wine was good. Would go again.Special Features:
- mack1Dined on 21/8/2014My 4th time at Isolabella and am never disappointed. Really good Italian food, service always friendly and efficient. I'm very fussy about Italian food and am delighted to have found somewhere where you can experience la vera cucina italiana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent38abcDined on 20/8/2014We were a party of four friends and all agreed that this was one of the best meals out we had all had for some time. Excellent tasty food was served by friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IsolabellaPaulVIPDined on 20/8/2014Great food and super place to meet for a business lunch.Special Features: