45-46 Red Lion Street
London, WC1R 4PFNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.isolabellarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074056830
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 3pm, 5pm - 11pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Isolabella
Among London’s leading Italian restaurants, Isolabella charms guests to its centrally located dining room with wonderful authentic and sophisticated food and a classy, formal yet friendly atmosphere. Popular with business diners and the pre- and post-theatre crowd, Isolabella is sleekly put together to combine both modern style and touches of tradition for an unobtrusive look that allows focus to remain on the kitchen’s excellent food. Ranging from pasta, pizza and risotto to meat, fish and seafood dishes, the extensive, though certainly not over the top, menu includes both favourite Italian restaurant dishes and house signatures, an opportunity to sample the best the kitchen has to offer. Freshly prepared to order, Isolabella’s food is accompanied by a fine selection of wines, each choice paired with a suitable sip for those guests seeking the perfet partnership.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
Isolabella - Best restaurants in Holborn ›
Isolabella reviews from OpenTable diners
473 reviews since 26 May 2014
business meals (182)outstanding value (170)pre/post theatre (138)group bookings (127)special occasions (125)romance (105)fit for foodies (103)good vegetarian options (74)child friendly (22)brunch (17)sunday lunch (16)disabled access (5)outdoor eating (5)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Excellent home style ItalianJenwDined on 13/9/2014You must try the lobster pasta. Suace is tomatoey and rich. Pizzas were good too!Special Features:
- Excellent food at a great pricesandnDined on 13/9/2014I think we over-ordered the delicious food since we did not want to miss out on anything but managed to ignore our conscience. The starters were slightly underdone but the mains were terrific - my wife had the lobster and I really enjoyed the saltimbocca again. The staff were very attentive and we had a really good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Ate here pre theatre, enjoyed the food which was fantastic value with the Opentable offer. Service was attentive, food good qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very friendly staffmmiaDined on 5/9/2014meal was nice, especially lobster linguine, and the lady staff was very friendly! she made my friend's birthday perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tnmcDined on 3/9/2014Isolabella is an extremely nice Italian Restaurant, you can take friends there, Isolabella won't let you down.. Offers good value for money, good good and a pleasant environment. I've been before; I'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably and consistently very goodDaveWDined on 2/9/2014This little Italian gem is conveniently located near Holborn underground station. The food is consistently good and the menu should suit all tastes without being too long. Service attentive and unobtrusive. It is perfect for business lunches and tete -a tetes although I notice larger groups (six or so) also emjoying themselves. The online offers for lunch and diner make the meals outstanding value.Special Features:
- Excellent family mealHeadingtonHeaviesDined on 30/8/2014Really, really excellent family dinner. The menu is varied enough to meet 3 very different, fussy people's tastes, and it was exceptionally good value with the 50% off deal. The food was very well cooked, especially the cod which was perfect. Service was efficient, friendly and natural. No "how are you doin' today" nonsense. Following a previous review, I noticed a nearby table where the people drank tap water: there was no difference in the service they had. Tables were far enough apart that you didn't feel at all crowded, and the seats were actually comfortable. There was a mixture of customers, from families to couples. Lighting was turned down while we were there, as the mix became more couples focussed. Great all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab pastaluvfoodDined on 30/8/2014Booked on half price food deal for pre theatre meal...our pasta was the best we had eaten in a long time! Fab food, good service. Staff all friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!MerryDined on 29/8/2014Perfect location for 3 friends to catch up. Linguine was fabulous-great size portion, a lot of garlic (which I love, but you might want to ask for less), and gorgeous prawns. Didn't even look at my friends meals I was so busy enjoying it!! Tiramisu had a lovely flavour too (although possibly could have been less fridge temperature as I'm sure this masked some of the flavours!). We used the 40% off food offer which made it even better value!!Special Features:
- mix reviewsJennyDined on 29/8/2014There were 4 of us - presentation and the quality of the dishes were quite average like dishes from any good restaurant that would charge a third of the price, and the food tasted very average too. Luckily I got the 50% off food option, but the waitress had charged us full price for the desserts we ordered and I had to tell her several times that the offer is for ALL courses.Special Features:
- Fantastic!enemessDined on 28/8/2014Being in the area for business we didn't know the area well, so turned to the usual websites and found Isolabella. It had good reviews so we decided to book for that same evening. We were pleased that they could accommodate a large group (12) at short notice. It was all round a great evening. The food and service were both excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal and had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choiceMadammuckDined on 28/8/2014It was our second visit to Isolabella and I can honestly say both times have been consistently good. Will definately return when we return to LondonSpecial Features:
- Benissimo!KateVIPDined on 28/8/2014We had all afternoon for our lunch and the staff were happy for us to take as much time as we wanted - yet always available when we needed them. I have some allergies (including milk) which I advised in advance and the waiter knew exactly which dishes I could eat (not all Michelin star restaurants get this right!). It was great for me to have so much choice, and the chicken I ordered was excellent. My friend had the seafood risotto and said it was the best he'd had in ages. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Exactly what we hoped for!gribsDined on 27/8/2014We booked this restaurant last week having read many good reviews. All I can say is, it lived up to expectations!Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerHEVRDined on 25/8/2014Really nice food, with good service. Felt like a telly nice neighbourhood resterant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlovesfoodDined on 23/8/2014A regular of mine. Fantastic value especially as able to use OT offer on a Saturday night. Food consistently good. Love the asparagus and egg starter. Not a fancy restaurant but great for a night out with friends or family at a reasonable price. Not many places like that in central London.Special Features:
- Great dinner at IsolabellasandnDined on 23/8/2014The 50% off food offer meant that we could treat ourselves to the specialities of the house which we thoroughly enjoyed. The starter was excellent too. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky1Picky1Dined on 21/8/2014Two of us had a good meal here in the evening. Food was plentiful (we were unable tom finish our main course) and tasty. Restaurant was nearly full but staff were still very attentive and efficient. House wine was good. Would go again.Special Features:
- mack1Dined on 21/8/2014My 4th time at Isolabella and am never disappointed. Really good Italian food, service always friendly and efficient. I'm very fussy about Italian food and am delighted to have found somewhere where you can experience la vera cucina italiana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent38abcDined on 20/8/2014We were a party of four friends and all agreed that this was one of the best meals out we had all had for some time. Excellent tasty food was served by friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IsolabellaPaulVIPDined on 20/8/2014Great food and super place to meet for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingcitywalkDined on 19/8/2014I had to entertain 13 people and cater for very diverse dietary requirements. Isolabella dealt with it no probs and gave us a lovely evening with great food and social atmosphere. Many people commented the next day on the restaurant so very happySpecial Features:
- ExcellentIndiDined on 14/8/2014Amazing place! Great value for money and lovely food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing value and serviceJosieDined on 14/8/2014Chose this restaurant because of the good reviews online. There were a handful of bad reviews, including ones saying that the restaurant is too brightly lit. It wasn't, the lights were dimmed and there were candles on the tables. Had bruschetta, followed by penne arrabiata, followed by affogato (which wasn't on the menu, but which they made for me anyway). It was fantastic food, fresh ingredients, well cooked. My dining partner had mussells, a penne with steak and a peppercorn sauce (which he raved about!) and a warm apple tart. We also had a bottle of wine. The final bill, including the 50 per cent discount on food was £47. Service was just right. Fantastic value for central London and great quality. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- ARaoDined on 9/8/2014We chose Isolabella because it had vegetarian choices on the menu and we were not disappointed. The food was good, the service is attentive without being overbearing, the ambience is good for a family dinner or a dinner with a group of friends. They have a fairly good wine list (in our opinion at least- they had some good wines which were not too expensive, but went well with our food choices). The food is good, but not spectacular. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as everAndrewDined on 9/8/2014I've taken lots of different groups of people to Isolabella and we are always hugely impressed. The food is fantastic and, with the Opentable offer, better value than anywhere else in London. Will certainly be back again - highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food in mid-townJohnMDined on 8/8/2014Really enjoyed the food, excellent value with 50% off. Classic Italian, with extensive menu and reasonably priced wine list (the Golden Fleece white was very good) and in a great location. Service was friendly but not OTT and dining room is elegant if not wow. Great location when in Holborn or Bloomsbury areas.Special Features:
- Welcoming & Good FoodHeraDined on 8/8/2014Good food and very welcoming, recommend for business lunch.Special Features:
- Delicious food...CamboDined on 6/8/2014Had a lovely meal. Lots to choose from which helps when dining with a vegetarian. The food was delievered quickly after ordering & everything was really tasty. Service was great - really friendly. This is my second time to this restaurant so appears to be consistently good. Would recommend again & also eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, good serviceCatPDined on 6/8/2014I went to Isolabella with two friends for a catch up meal. We had the 50% offer which meant the food was very good value. Two of us had pizzas which were lovely with very crispy bases. My other friend had prawn pasta which was absolutely full of prawns. Dessert was really nice too. The service was prompt and they did not rush us to leave once we'd finished our meal. The restaurant was reasonably quiet so it was a pleasant atmosphere but even when full there's good space between tables. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian in LondonPoshandProudVIPDined on 1/8/2014the food is great, the service is excellent and the price is fair. It tends to get a little hot in the restaurant but it is a great Italian meal with good portion sizes!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday LunchCaitDined on 30/7/2014Pleasant and calm atmosphere, good service and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service - great offerJenthedinerVIPDined on 28/7/2014Good food, super service, just the right level of attention, but the top table 50% off food offer madeit compelling!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantFoodiesDined on 26/7/2014Absolutely fantastic evening. The menu was huge and everything we had was first class. The wine menu also was very good. Would thoroughly recommend it. The service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Nice place, great staffCJCJDined on 26/7/2014Our second visit to Isolabella - an Italian Restaurant, run by VERY friendly Madeirans. Remarks about the ton of chili used in one of the dishes we had on our first visit, was taken on board and much less was used for the dishes chosen on our 2nd visit. Great pasta - very good linguine with crab, excellent Carbonara - very good veal, nice desserts, very good Prosecco, House red wine and Limoncello, great service, competent staff, made to feel VERY welcome. A couple of minor niggles but nothing serious. Highly recommended, especially with OpenTable's "50% off food" voucher. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Excellent value with toptable offerCarpediemDined on 25/7/2014Excellent service and good food. With 50% off good, it is a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value on offerNic6Dined on 24/7/2014Very good value at 50% off food. The veggie in our group was very happy at the number of options available and the restaruant were accomodating to requests eg. having a pasta option as a starter. Portion sizes were generous. Would certainly recommend when on offer but expensive at full price and there is better places you could go for the same money.Special Features:
- AnomDined on 24/7/2014Good ambiance and excellent service. The food was very good. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lovely staffAmy9Dined on 24/7/2014We went for an after work dinner after reading good reviews. Staff were friendly and very attentive throughout our meal. We ordered calamari to start which was ok, not the best I've tried but the garlic mayo was delicious! My main was really tasty (pollo e funghi) with my partner choosing pollo e broccoli, which in my opinion wasn't as good. For dessert we shared the tiramisu which was lovely and light with a good kick of coffee. With the 50% discount the meal was good value for money, although I probably wouldn't pay full price as the quality is not as good as other Italian restaurants. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly great foodF00dieDined on 23/7/2014We had an extended family lunch here with a visitor from Liverpool. The restaurant is well decorated, bright and clean, and the staff polite and cheerful in their interactions. We had a mixture of starters, mains and desserts, with the whole party commenting that they would be returning with partners and colleagues. The pizzas were particularly delicious. All in all, recommended.Special Features: