100 Highbury Park
London, N5 2XENeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juniperdining.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072888716
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 09:00AM - 12:00PM,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 04:00PM,
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 04:00PM,
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 05:00PM - 10:30PM; Sunday: 05:00PM - 09:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, British
- Executive Chef: Rob Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Juniper Dining
Juniper offers classic cuisine in a relaxed and friendly environment. The accessible menu is changed seasonally and supplemented by daily specials. Where possible the ingredients are sourced locally and dishes are made on the premises. As such we cater for most food allergies and intolerances - Just let us know!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Juniper Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since 23 May 2014
fit for foodies (31)special occasions (24)romance (22)outstanding value (14)business meals (11)good vegetarian options (10)group bookings (10)sunday lunch (10)brunch (9)child friendly (9)pre/post theatre (3)Show More
- Juniper DiningClaraDined on 2/8/2014Very good food. British/innovative. We had the choose before 7pm menu which represents very good value for money. A decent wine list that is not too pricey. If you are looking for a quality local restaurant this is probably it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local excellencegertVIPDined on 30/7/2014Excellent imaginative food beautifully served. We loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent and yummy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/6/2014Excellent food delivered in a very friendly and unpretentious manner. The chef even came out to say hi to us. Delicious.Special Features:
- A wonderful local restaurantcatalinaDined on 6/6/2014The food at Juniper gets better and better. Loved their dorset crab specials. This is really an outstanding place. I recommend it to any one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 24/5/2014We stumbled across this local restaurant in Highbury and were very impressed. Lovely food, great service. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening, thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/5/2014We had an evening meal from the set menu, the food was excellent and very good value. My guests enjoyed the evening, all of them said they would visit Juniper again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent food and wine. We recommend the restaurant to all of our friends. The Juniper are doing a great job, we are glad the restaurant is in the area.Special Features:
- Juniper DiningSF1234Dined on 3/5/2014Excellent meal from start to finish. Everything was fabulous. Wonderful, flavourfull chilli chicken salad followed by superb rack of lamb and then salted caramel icream. Great, friendly service, all well timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCCDCDined on 3/5/2014An excellent restaurant. Food was amazing. There wasn't many of us there on a Saturday lunch time hence the Ambiance scoreSpecial Features:
- Much loved local restaurantJakeDined on 23/4/2014I can't believe that Juniper is closing forever from August 18th 2014. I urge all Islingtononians to go before it's too late. 10 x better than anything on Upper Street - and fantastic value. What are we going to do?Special Features:
- Nice food, slightly priceyJW14VIPDined on 4/4/2014Really lovely atmosphere, service and food was good, but a bit expensive for what we got. Fresh fish is lovely and the pistachio lamb was awesome. Starters were also nice. We somehow spent £80 with just two starter & mains each and shared carafe of wine, which seemed to me to be a lot. Still want to go back on Tuesday when you get free corkage if you buy a bottle of wine from the vitners down the road and that should cut down on the cost :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely return!Jdog83Dined on 28/3/2014Friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere and great food. Feels like a family run restaurant. The food is freshly prepared and responsibly sourced. Decent options on the menu. Great local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good expertienceCrouchenderDined on 1/3/2014The food - starters and main course were excellent - especially the sea foods - fresh sea bass and the fish stew. The wines - Gavi and Sancere - were adequate and probably pricey for that quality. There was only one waitress to serve on saturday evening - that was inadequate and slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local restauranthighburycornerDined on 15/2/2014Enjoyed the food very much. Good ambience. Service pleasant and enthusiastic. A couple of things from menu and wine list were unavailable when ordering . Overall, a nice restaurant to have in the neighbourhood and glad to have tried it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great value!SH23Dined on 15/2/2014This restaurant offers excellent food from a compact menu. The wine list is inspired and compliments the food. You can spend the same money at other eateries in the area but not get the quality of food found here. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodmikeybDined on 14/2/2014I am local and had not eaten here for a while.....was as great as always and no idea why I have left it so long. Great food at even better prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food wereStewartDined on 12/2/2014The service and food were excellent. Wines were also reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- We have had Sunday lunch atLondonTownerVIPDined on 2/2/2014We have had Sunday lunch at Juniper Dining quite a few times and it is always excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent FishOllieDined on 25/1/2014We came here on a Saturday night, and had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The service was attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. We had two fish starters, the smoked salmon hash brown and the squid. Both were full of flavour and had been expertly cooked. For the main I opted for the fish stew which was excellent, good fresh fish, and lots of it. Although one thing to note was that I actually phoned the restaurant first to see if they had any availability, only to be told that there wasn't. It was then when I looked at Top Table for restaurants in the area, that I noticed there was availability here so we booked online instead. There were a number of empty tables in the restaurant throughout our sitting (albeit it was late at night).Special Features:
- One of our special venueshappydinerDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant has been a great find. The ingredients used are always fresh with the fish changing daily depending on what is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food though quite rich.wellfedDined on 17/12/2013Lovely food though quite rich. Warm welcome, good service, and a pleasant if a little bland interior. Will go again.Special Features:
- Excellent foodSpooner100Dined on 8/12/2013Eaten here twice and both times the food has been delicious. Most recent time was before an Arsenal match and main course took 30 mins+ to arrive but the restaurant kindly gave me a free double whiskey so that made amends. Along with Garufa, a step ahead of the other restaurants on blackstock roadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at JuniperWWN5VIPDined on 7/12/2013As ever, Juniper provided an excellent dinner, including a delicious crab salad and two plates of simply but perfectly cooked fish (bass and skate) off the specials menu. A consistently reliable neighbourhood stalwart!Special Features:
- Great foodNinaDined on 27/11/2013Went this Wednesday (Nov 27). The four of us had many dishes (I tasted each one!) and each was superb. A real understanding of the basics and balances of food selection and perfect preparation and cooking. Starters were Salmon Hash Browns (perfect poached egg), Mushroom Soup and Coconut Chicken (fabulous beanshoot salad). All perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Mains were Rib Eye Steak and Chips, Duck Breast and Boeuf Borguignon. Steaks were succulent, flavoursome and just as requested. The duck was tender and gorgeous and my beef was rich and meaty. One Sticky Toffee pudding between us was heavenly. We also had an excellent Cremant Cuvee and a carafe of Roncier Rouge - both good value. This is a restaurant and chef on first-class form.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onCatfishDined on 27/11/2013http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/52/1500203/restaurant/London/Finsbury-Park/Juniper-Dining-IslingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvement.Food gr8.firstdinehereDined on 22/11/2013Just one main gripe that put us off. Of two desserts in the group, one came accompanied with cream, the other with ice cream. We asked for the cream and ice cream to be swapped in the two desserts (due to coincidental preference). We were told the person with the dessert with cream would have to pay for ice cream and the person with ice cream would need to pay for cream - they refused to just swap these accompaniments. So we had to do it ourselves after it was served. Very simply, ridiculous. The waitresses were very pleasant in terms of demeanour but could have been a little more attentive with replenishing water jugs. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine local restaurantHAWfedDined on 20/11/2013We had a very pleasant mid-week dinner for 5. The food was very good, service very good and we found it quiet enough to have conversation with our food (many restaurants are too noisy). The decor is simple and relaxing: unfussy and pleasant. The seared scallops were particularly fine. Beef bourguignon was as it should be. Vegetarian main course was said to be very tasty and imaginative. Sweets were fine and the cheese board an interesting selection of cheeses (4) with fruit and celery. We shall certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very friendly staff, veryeltiezeDined on 19/11/2013very friendly staff, very good food...that's simpleSpecial Features:
- Lovely birthday dinner!FoodieVeeDined on 15/11/2013Took my partner her for his birthday based on the reviews I read on toptable. It did not fail! Must try.Special Features:
- Lovely ambiance, good music,AuroraDined on 14/11/2013Lovely ambiance, good music, friendly. Tasty, beautifully presented food. Divine scallop starter. 3 of us all loved the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurant with lovelyEdenDined on 8/11/2013Love this place. It has a family feel to it and the food is surpassingly good. The chef is down to earth and friendly and regularly chats to diners - but not in an intrusive way. The servers are really helpful, charming, energetic and knowledgeable about the food (and, more importantly, the wine!) Not sure whats not to like about this place. Thats why I keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip top!ejwoodyDined on 2/11/2013Love this restaurant, always great food and a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than DeliciousJuniperFoodFanDined on 18/10/2013We had a three course dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday and every mouthful was absolutely delicious. We had a great time and are still taking about the quality of the food. I have some food allergies but they catered for them no problem. It's just a pity we live hundreds of miles away because we'd go back in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juniper still the best in HighburyJakeDined on 17/10/2013I have eaten here 3 or 4 times in the last few months. Juniper always delivers very good food in an intimate and enjoyable space, at a great price. I am always surprised how easy it is to get a table there given the incredible value they offer - I guess that's the slightly off-the-beaten-foodie track location? I would like to see more variety but what they do they do very well. Seafood is always accurately cooked and well matched with British veg - but slightly safe in terms of flavours and combinations. Maybe that's the 'British' tag at work?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantJohnDined on 15/10/2013Went to Juniper for a quiet mid-week evening meal and was very impressed. Dedicated, friendly service, delicious food with a good variety on offer - plenty of veggie and fish options - and all served with obvious attention to detail. Came away full and very happy, and for c.£30 a head for 3 courses and including a very nice bottle of red, it's pretty good value too. Overall, we couldn't find any fault with it and we'll definitely be back. Highly recommended - this is exactly what a local restaurant should be like.Special Features:
- Juniper never disappointsSausagesDined on 13/10/2013This was probably our 6th or 7th visit to Juniper. The food and service are consistently reliable. The menu doesn't vary much but they know what they do and they do it really well. An excellent local restaurant that is a genuine community asset! Keep an eye out at the nearby Highbury Vintners for the "meet the winemaker" nights that they host here - the chef Rob lays on a great meal to complement the superb wines on offer, all at remarkably good prices. Not only do they work in partnership with the outstanding local wine shop, but also with the great fishmonger in Highbury Barn - a proper local restaurant. I do wonder if they might benefit from making the decor a bit warmer or more welcoming though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If what you are after is aPST247Dined on 28/9/2013If what you are after is a friendly and dependable local restaurant with excellent food, lovely wine and very welcoming staff, then look no further. It may not attract the hype that some of its Highbury & Islington neighbours do, but it delivers on everything with understated excellence and pride. For a weekday evening meal with a partner or a date, or a weekend meal with parents or family, JD has few equals in the area. Arguably it lacks a touch of sparkle and energy, but in a way, that is its charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare findTonyJayDined on 25/9/2013A restaurant that is run by foodies and staff who care. Good food, and varied menu, good service, good wine and a fair price, overall a really pleasurable experience. A bit off the beaten track but as they say in the Michelin guide books "worth a detour"
- What a culinary sensation! Magical.AngieDined on 25/9/2013The service is immaculate and so is the creatively presented food which is cooked to perfection. So grateful to have found this little gem. Will most definitely return very soon for more sensational and nutritious (plenty of glutenfree options on the menu and fish fresh from daily morning markets!!) food. Namaste!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent for the Arsenal daysschlockVIPDined on 22/9/2013Tried this place before a match day this month, managed a 2 course meal which was very well presented and very tasty. good value but rather tricky to catch waiters eye. Good if you want a relaxed meal before a game day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 333 reviews are from the Juniper Dining reviews archive.