JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
86 - 90 Park Lane
London, W1K 7TNNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jwsteakhouse.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7399 8460
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11am
Saturday & Sunday: 7am - 11am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Steak
- Executive Chef: Paul Hallet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
The authentic steakhouse experience has arrived at London’s Grosvenor House on Park Lane. Offering tender hand-cut selections of dry-aged American USDA prime beef, grilled to perfection; crisp salads, fresh seafood and mouth-watering desserts perfectly matched with great wines. The Bourbon Bar at JW Steakhouse features classic cocktails and a boutique menu of small batch bourbons. JW Steakhouse: for the best steak in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House - Best restaurants in Marble Arch ›
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (106)business meals (80)romance (55)fit for foodies (49)group bookings (38)sunday lunch (35)outdoor eating (23)child friendly (22)brunch (21)pre/post theatre (20)outstanding value (18)afternoon tea (16)disabled access (12)good vegetarian options (4)Show More
- Best birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/11/2014Everything was amazing, the service, the food, the table we got! I chose to come here for my 22nd birthday dinner with my sisters and expected to just have a nice steak and quiet dinner. But the experience was so much better than that. The only thing I could say is I wish they had flat iron steak on the menu but that's not even a big problem as the New York strip I had was incredible. Perfect end to the evening was our waitress bringing a free cheesecake with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate as a surprise :) would definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!!!SwedishFamilyDined on 17/11/2014The restaurant has delicious food and a service level that corresponds to the most discerning guest. I do recommend this restaurant if any has an special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiltsDined on 13/11/2014Amazing food in a good location, best steak I have had for a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencePizzaPrincessDined on 8/11/2014I took my boyfriend to JW Steakhouse for his 30th birthday, and it was perfect. The restaurant was busy but the tables were all nicely spaced out so didn't feel crowded. The service was brilliant and the food absolutely outstanding - I would highly recommend going!Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 30/10/2014The food was really outstanding, so was the person who was responsable for our table, a gentleman from madrid. I will recomed this restaurant to all people that are tarvelig or live in london. Perfect and outstanding.Special Features:
- MartnmartinoxDined on 26/10/2014This was less than impressive. Overpriced steak in relation to other steak restaurants in London, and the waiting staff behaved oddly - asked us if we wanted another drink when both our glasses were full, then took away my friend's plate and some bowls from the table while I was still eating. The price was high compared to other London steak restaurants - likely because the place is on Park Lane, because it is not unusually good in either food or sevice, unfortunately. You'd be better off at Hawksmoor - and then you get a bit more ambience too.
- Parfait !NM22Dined on 22/10/2014Une journée passée à Londres : Après une matinée de shopping dans le centre, il suffit de traverser les beaux quartiers pour profiter d'un brin de luxe dans ce restaurant aux tarifs très abordables pour la city. L'accueil et le service y sont irréprochables. Les plats aussi bons que copieux, très bons vins : excellent rapport qualité-prix! Je ne peux que le recommander!Special Features:
- Great evenibgRachelDined on 20/10/2014We were there for the first time and it was perfect. Food was great, service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks and foodLove2dineDined on 20/10/2014Filet steak to die for , amazing cheesecake a gigantic portion enough to feed 4 or more people. Love the ambience in the JW Steakhouse!! Great for a birthday celebration with the close family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with colleagueNanaDined on 18/10/2014we were here for dinner after a 12 hour long haul flight. completely jetlagged but the food woke us up! the steak is awesome and the monkfish was a delight.Special Features:
- great personal service.suzbunDined on 10/10/2014A birthday treat was made more special with the excellent food, great service and attention to detail by all the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive foodExpertGazerDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated a birthday by having lunch at the JW Steakhouse. The hospitality was outstanding and the food was just impressive. Our entree, Fried Calamari, was wonderful. Our main was the American USDA Beef filet which was perfectly cooked. It's really nice when you get your meat cooked just as you asked! However, the absolutely best part of the lunch was the dessert. In fact we did came back only because of the cheesecake. All in all a great experience!Special Features:
- steak was very dryTJSMDined on 7/10/2014I ordered the rib eye and my wife ordered a filet. After reading rave reviews I was expecting something outstanding but was left bitterly disappointed. Truffle fries and Potato Au Gratin were lovely, steaks were horrible,Special Features:
- perfectionsteakfiend89Dined on 26/9/2014Booked a table for my best friends birthday and everything was amazing. The service was great, the timings and the food was outstanding, my steak was cooked perfectly and my knife glided through it. Definitely one of the best have had. Overall the service charge wasn't too dear and neither was the price for what we had. Would definitely go back again don't even need a special occasion to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jw steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014So dark that you can't read the menu! No non alcoholic beer. Slow to get water & sauces etc. Very nice food. Starters were too big that we struggled to eat the main course! Very expensive for what it was.
- Great atmosphere, food and serviceNycdinerDined on 20/9/2014We had a great dinner at the JW Steakhouse. It feels like a more modern semi-formal US-style dining experience with friendly service, busy atmosphere and great steaks. The room is large with a nice view onto the park, and very comfortable, unlike a lot of "old school" London restaurants that can feel unnecessarily stuffy, especially in bigger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely goodLetiDined on 5/9/2014I went there with my husband and my two kids of 21 and 18. All of us loved ambience and food! everything was great and we will reccomend the restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:
- 4th Time Not The Last!! Still GreatMrlbudDined on 23/8/2014The best steaks in London by a distance, great choice, great staff and fantastic surrounding. Every time we come to London we eat here at least once...may look like expensive steak but it has 2 things going for the price, amazing steak and more than generous portions...thanks again for making our nightSpecial Features:
- Good food but lacking in atmosphereAdrianBDined on 22/8/2014Starting with the positives, the food and service were of a very high standard. Steaks were cooked as described on their menu (i.e. medium rare was red and slightly cool in the middle)! Service was attentive without being intrusive. The wine list had a heavy influence from the Americas unless you spend £100+ which was a shame. We had two 400g ribeyes plus side orders and wine followed up with a couple of bourbons - total bill came to just under £200. Overall, the bill was in line with similar establishments (think Goodmans, Hawksmoor, the Palm etc) but somehow I felt slightly shortchanged. It had nothing to do with the food or service as both were very good. What it boils down to was the lack of any real atmosphere in such a large room.
- Perfekt choiceSteakAddictDined on 17/8/2014Excellent Restaurant, High level of satisfaction, steaks where perfekt, an unforgetable birthday, little bit expensive but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 14/8/2014Food was average, Service was pretentious (from front of house to table service). Only upsides generous portions.
- Excellent Steaks, Good atmosphereGrubupDined on 29/7/2014Despite being an hour late for my reservation, the front of house staff could not be more friendly and welcoming. No issues with our changing table outside to inside during the evening. Food was fabulous; high quality and cooked just to our instructions. Wine was good and reasonable choice. Good value for the quality and location. Service was sometimes a little elusive (difficult to attract attention for more wine, the bill, etc.)Special Features:
- Quiet Evening with the Mrs9EtherDined on 28/7/2014Amazing Customer service,excellent hospitality, high quality and large quantities of mouth watering food complimented by a subtle light setting comfortable boothe seats with lovely cushions! we enjoyed the experience so much that we are already planning a return visit 🌟Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Graduation Meal to RememberSamantha5100Dined on 23/7/2014I dined at the restaurant with my two eldest children to celebrate my daughter's graduation from King's College. The service was impeccable; every need catered for but not too "in your face". We ordered three rare cooked fillet steaks with sweet potato mash, creamy mash and baked potato. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. We were pleasantly full but the waiter recommended the cheesecake - stating it was the best in London and if we didn't like it it would be "on him". Needless to say we loved it and it was added to the bill! All in all it was the perfect end to a great day to celebrate the gaining of a first class honours degree and a meal I'm sure my daughter will remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014I thought the food was great....very professional service and easy to book on your website. The weather was nice so we asked for a table outside and that was quickly arranged,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steaksNippleDonkeyDined on 7/7/2014the tomahawk steak is simply delicious. Don't order anything else except that and their chesecake. Not that anything else is bad, you just won't fit it all in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakhouseAmyjaneDined on 5/7/2014The Aberdeeb Angus steak was gorgeous. You must also try the Mint julep cocktail. Very strong but tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyableluv2eatDined on 28/6/2014This was our second time dining at JW steakhouse and we were were just as pleased with the meal as we were the first time. The portions are substantial and presented very well and there is a reasonable choice for non-steak eaters! On both visits though it was the staff who made the evening a very pleasant experience as all the staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. Will definitely be coming back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodlook just a bit slow on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/6/2014Had to wait for a lil wile b4 even got offer a starter much les water
- Beef LoversRiccardoDiWandsworthDined on 24/6/2014An American style place with top quality steaks. What the place lacks in ambiance it more than makes up for with the quality of its foodSpecial Features:
- Poor Service & Rude Floor ManagersimonDined on 15/6/2014We went to the restaurant for Father's Day and all four of our party ordered their USDA steaks cooked medium as per the restaurant's description of medium on their wall boards. All steaks came out over done. The very rude floor manager did change them but on several occasions advised us that they were cooked correctly. A medium steak is normally pink not grey in my experience and red to pink based on the description on their boards. When we requested the bill and asked because of the manager's rudeness, that the service charge be deducted he ranted again! Honestly 1 out of 10 from our perspective. The restaurant wasn't busy and if this is how they treat their guests then spend your money at STK, Cut, Goodmans or Hawksmore.
- Fabulous SteakSteakaliciousDined on 12/6/2014I reckon we had one of the best steaks we have had in London for a long time, they could have done with another waitrer/waitress as the service was a little on the slow side but as we were not in a hurry this didnt bother us too much but we were hungry!! One of our party is a vegetarian and there was plenty for her to choose from which is unusual for a Steak Restaurant. The Cheesecake at the end was divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak In LondonAceofkDined on 2/6/2014Ordered off of the specials board and forgot to ask the price! Nowhere near as highly priced as we thought it would be considering we had over 2 lbs of steak each! Staff were wonderfully friendly and we're very open about the meat and which cuts were best for what each of us wanted. Will gladly come back. Maybe with a bit more money next time :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak merveilleuxMAIgourmetVIPDined on 31/5/2014Excellent steaks and cuts. not for the vegetarian or quaint of heart. Large portions and great sides to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Service & AmbienceOxfordReviewerDined on 31/5/2014Such a wonderful meal. The food, service and ambience were all exemplary. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!Special Features:
- The best steak ever!AidanHDined on 31/5/2014We booked the restaurant on line for our first night in London. Our boys were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. The experience was great from start to finish. A must if you like a good steak. Well worth a visit our boys are still talking about their meal. Excellent!Special Features:
- DonHenryDined on 30/5/2014The J W Steakhouse at the Grosvenor Hotel is an excellent choice if you enjoy a good steak. They serve USDA choice steaks which are cooked perfectly to your liking. It's a bit pricy but then it is Marriott where everything is pricy. I can recommend the 14oz Ribeye Steak, delicious!!! If you fancy steak and you don't mind splashing out a bit the J W Steakhouse is an excellent place to go.Special Features:
- A surpriseMarkDined on 21/5/2014Normal rule of thumb, don't eat in hotels, this was a very different experience, tables not on top of each other, good of quality and helpful cheery staff. Food a little expensive , but your on park lane!Special Features:
- Best steaks in London were just OK.PwrshiftDined on 18/5/2014Big old classy JW Marriott hotel on Park Lane, about a 10 minute walk from our hotel Marriott Park Lane at Oxford St. Very large steakhouse also with outdoor seating if desired. Our meal for two came to 155 pounds including drinks, taxes and tips. Fried Calamari was expensive mush so forget that. Caesar sald was good, not great, at 8 pounds. 10 oz NY Strip steaks were not in the class of a Ruth's Chris back home, but still the best steaks we've had in London. We shared a baked potato for 5 pounds. Bread Pudding so full of nuts it wasn't very good. We got there for 8 pm and while the outdoor section was full we were quite lonely inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable food at a high pricedbris1Dined on 17/5/2014Knowing that steak is an expensive food in the UK, we picked a place that appears in most rankings for "Best Steak in London". In my opinion, food at JW Steakhouse is decent, but not outstanding. And especially not worth the 50 pounds per person for just a main course and a side each. I've been very happy to pay (more than) this money at other places such as Hawksmoore, but here: - I had to send my steak back because it was too well cooked. - Fries were very basic. - The "Asparagus with truffle salt" didn't have a hint of truffle in them. - We were charged for a cup of sauce, which is supposed to come with the steak. However, service was excellent (thanks, Brigitta from Hungary) and the place is nice. Will not be among my favourites.Special Features: