JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
86 - 90 Park Lane
London, W1K 7TNNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jwsteakhouse.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073998460
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11am
Saturday & Sunday: 7am - 11am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Steak
- Executive Chef: Paul Hallet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House
The authentic steakhouse experience has arrived at London’s Grosvenor House on Park Lane. Offering tender hand-cut selections of dry-aged American USDA prime beef, grilled to perfection; crisp salads, fresh seafood and mouth-watering desserts perfectly matched with great wines. The Bourbon Bar at JW Steakhouse features classic cocktails and a boutique menu of small batch bourbons. JW Steakhouse: for the best steak in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House - Best restaurants in Marble Arch ›
JW Steakhouse - London at Grosvenor House reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (103)business meals (81)romance (45)fit for foodies (43)group bookings (40)sunday lunch (35)outdoor eating (26)child friendly (21)brunch (19)outstanding value (18)pre/post theatre (18)afternoon tea (15)disabled access (11)good vegetarian options (5)Show More
- extremely goodLetiDined on 5/9/2014I went there with my husband and my two kids of 21 and 18. All of us loved ambience and food! everything was great and we will reccomend the restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:
- 4th Time Not The Last!! Still GreatMrlbudDined on 23/8/2014The best steaks in London by a distance, great choice, great staff and fantastic surrounding. Every time we come to London we eat here at least once...may look like expensive steak but it has 2 things going for the price, amazing steak and more than generous portions...thanks again for making our nightSpecial Features:
- Good food but lacking in atmosphereAdrianBDined on 22/8/2014Starting with the positives, the food and service were of a very high standard. Steaks were cooked as described on their menu (i.e. medium rare was red and slightly cool in the middle)! Service was attentive without being intrusive. The wine list had a heavy influence from the Americas unless you spend £100+ which was a shame. We had two 400g ribeyes plus side orders and wine followed up with a couple of bourbons - total bill came to just under £200. Overall, the bill was in line with similar establishments (think Goodmans, Hawksmoor, the Palm etc) but somehow I felt slightly shortchanged. It had nothing to do with the food or service as both were very good. What it boils down to was the lack of any real atmosphere in such a large room.
- Perfekt choiceSteakAddictDined on 17/8/2014Excellent Restaurant, High level of satisfaction, steaks where perfekt, an unforgetable birthday, little bit expensive but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to HawksmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 14/8/2014Food was average, Service was pretentious (from front of house to table service). Only upsides generous portions.
- Excellent Steaks, Good atmosphereGrubupDined on 29/7/2014Despite being an hour late for my reservation, the front of house staff could not be more friendly and welcoming. No issues with our changing table outside to inside during the evening. Food was fabulous; high quality and cooked just to our instructions. Wine was good and reasonable choice. Good value for the quality and location. Service was sometimes a little elusive (difficult to attract attention for more wine, the bill, etc.)Special Features:
- Quiet Evening with the Mrs9EtherDined on 28/7/2014Amazing Customer service,excellent hospitality, high quality and large quantities of mouth watering food complimented by a subtle light setting comfortable boothe seats with lovely cushions! we enjoyed the experience so much that we are already planning a return visit 🌟Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Graduation Meal to RememberSamantha5100Dined on 23/7/2014I dined at the restaurant with my two eldest children to celebrate my daughter's graduation from King's College. The service was impeccable; every need catered for but not too "in your face". We ordered three rare cooked fillet steaks with sweet potato mash, creamy mash and baked potato. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. We were pleasantly full but the waiter recommended the cheesecake - stating it was the best in London and if we didn't like it it would be "on him". Needless to say we loved it and it was added to the bill! All in all it was the perfect end to a great day to celebrate the gaining of a first class honours degree and a meal I'm sure my daughter will remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014I thought the food was great....very professional service and easy to book on your website. The weather was nice so we asked for a table outside and that was quickly arranged,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steaksNippleDonkeyDined on 7/7/2014the tomahawk steak is simply delicious. Don't order anything else except that and their chesecake. Not that anything else is bad, you just won't fit it all in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakhouseAmyjaneDined on 5/7/2014The Aberdeeb Angus steak was gorgeous. You must also try the Mint julep cocktail. Very strong but tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyableluv2eatDined on 28/6/2014This was our second time dining at JW steakhouse and we were were just as pleased with the meal as we were the first time. The portions are substantial and presented very well and there is a reasonable choice for non-steak eaters! On both visits though it was the staff who made the evening a very pleasant experience as all the staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. Will definitely be coming back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodlook just a bit slow on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/6/2014Had to wait for a lil wile b4 even got offer a starter much les water
- Beef LoversRiccardoDiWandsworthDined on 24/6/2014An American style place with top quality steaks. What the place lacks in ambiance it more than makes up for with the quality of its foodSpecial Features:
- Poor Service & Rude Floor ManagersimonDined on 15/6/2014We went to the restaurant for Father's Day and all four of our party ordered their USDA steaks cooked medium as per the restaurant's description of medium on their wall boards. All steaks came out over done. The very rude floor manager did change them but on several occasions advised us that they were cooked correctly. A medium steak is normally pink not grey in my experience and red to pink based on the description on their boards. When we requested the bill and asked because of the manager's rudeness, that the service charge be deducted he ranted again! Honestly 1 out of 10 from our perspective. The restaurant wasn't busy and if this is how they treat their guests then spend your money at STK, Cut, Goodmans or Hawksmore.
- Fabulous SteakSteakaliciousDined on 12/6/2014I reckon we had one of the best steaks we have had in London for a long time, they could have done with another waitrer/waitress as the service was a little on the slow side but as we were not in a hurry this didnt bother us too much but we were hungry!! One of our party is a vegetarian and there was plenty for her to choose from which is unusual for a Steak Restaurant. The Cheesecake at the end was divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak In LondonAceofkDined on 2/6/2014Ordered off of the specials board and forgot to ask the price! Nowhere near as highly priced as we thought it would be considering we had over 2 lbs of steak each! Staff were wonderfully friendly and we're very open about the meat and which cuts were best for what each of us wanted. Will gladly come back. Maybe with a bit more money next time :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak merveilleuxMAIgourmetVIPDined on 31/5/2014Excellent steaks and cuts. not for the vegetarian or quaint of heart. Large portions and great sides to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Service & AmbienceOxfordReviewerDined on 31/5/2014Such a wonderful meal. The food, service and ambience were all exemplary. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!Special Features:
- The best steak ever!AidanHDined on 31/5/2014We booked the restaurant on line for our first night in London. Our boys were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. The experience was great from start to finish. A must if you like a good steak. Well worth a visit our boys are still talking about their meal. Excellent!Special Features:
- DonHenryDined on 30/5/2014The J W Steakhouse at the Grosvenor Hotel is an excellent choice if you enjoy a good steak. They serve USDA choice steaks which are cooked perfectly to your liking. It's a bit pricy but then it is Marriott where everything is pricy. I can recommend the 14oz Ribeye Steak, delicious!!! If you fancy steak and you don't mind splashing out a bit the J W Steakhouse is an excellent place to go.Special Features:
- A surpriseMarkDined on 21/5/2014Normal rule of thumb, don't eat in hotels, this was a very different experience, tables not on top of each other, good of quality and helpful cheery staff. Food a little expensive , but your on park lane!Special Features:
- Best steaks in London were just OK.PwrshiftDined on 18/5/2014Big old classy JW Marriott hotel on Park Lane, about a 10 minute walk from our hotel Marriott Park Lane at Oxford St. Very large steakhouse also with outdoor seating if desired. Our meal for two came to 155 pounds including drinks, taxes and tips. Fried Calamari was expensive mush so forget that. Caesar sald was good, not great, at 8 pounds. 10 oz NY Strip steaks were not in the class of a Ruth's Chris back home, but still the best steaks we've had in London. We shared a baked potato for 5 pounds. Bread Pudding so full of nuts it wasn't very good. We got there for 8 pm and while the outdoor section was full we were quite lonely inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable food at a high pricedbris1Dined on 17/5/2014Knowing that steak is an expensive food in the UK, we picked a place that appears in most rankings for "Best Steak in London". In my opinion, food at JW Steakhouse is decent, but not outstanding. And especially not worth the 50 pounds per person for just a main course and a side each. I've been very happy to pay (more than) this money at other places such as Hawksmoore, but here: - I had to send my steak back because it was too well cooked. - Fries were very basic. - The "Asparagus with truffle salt" didn't have a hint of truffle in them. - We were charged for a cup of sauce, which is supposed to come with the steak. However, service was excellent (thanks, Brigitta from Hungary) and the place is nice. Will not be among my favourites.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceBostonianDined on 15/5/2014We are from the States so we only dine here once or twice a year. Meals are well prepared and dietary requirements easily met. Service is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine filet steakgirlycatchupDined on 12/5/2014Took my boyfriend here for lunch midweek for his 30th birthday. The staff have us a window seat without having to ask and treated us well. Service was outstanding and never had to ask for anything. Though this place mainly deals with the business lunch crowd, I felt it was a relaxed choice for the occasion. Best filet steak I've ever ever had (especially the charring), and the cheesecake lived up to its name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent surprise for FrenchAnnieDined on 9/5/2014I was in London with my boyfriend for a couple days. Before the trip, we selected this steakhouse among 10. We were so happy to choose this one when we ate there. The food was excellent (I choose the Tomahawk, 32 OZ) and the service was perfect with us ! I recommend this steakhouse for every lovers of good meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChuckDined on 7/5/2014With many choices in this area of London, this JW Steakhouse failed to perform like others I have eaten at. Waitress seemed not to understand anything requested . Fifteen minutes to have a cocktail served . ( only a handful of patrons in the resturarant ) The lamb ordered was cooked properly. Wife's hamburger dispite being assured it would be cooked medium was absolutely over cooked to the point of crumbling. It was not eaten.
- J W SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014Great food. Quality steaks, although mine was slightly overcooked for rare, more medium than anything. Lovely place, the drinks menu is good. The only let down was the service which was a real shame. Took a long time to be served and some drinks took 2 minutes, some never arrived. Frustrating. Not entirely sure the waitress understood what we were saying. I would try again though for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50TH BIRTHDAY TREAT!2goodDined on 3/5/2014Had a lovely weekend in London staying at the Grosvenor House to celebrate a 50th Birthday. Hotel and JW Steakhouse was excellent, all staff extremely friendly couldn't fault it, looking forward to my next visit, thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!MAMADined on 30/4/2014I've got to say that the service at JW Steakhouse was exemplary. They were attentive, helpful and cheerful. I wasn't too enamoured with the onion soup but that didn't ruin the rest of the meal. It was just not something that was to my taste. The staff were lovely. I was mostly impressed with that. My guest and I had a lovely time and we will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/4/2014Super quality of the food - really cosy surroundings and a very kind and serviceminded staff. Don't hesitate to go there.Special Features:
- J1958Dined on 25/4/2014Had a amazon local deal excellent value excellent service food delicious NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse, top rated.KensingtonDined on 24/4/2014First, service was impeccable. Got both our orders exactly right in every detail. Second, the food was excellent, both the crab soup starter we both ordered and then especially the steaks, cooked exactly as requested, medium rare, tender and flavouful, just as steaks should always be. Also, recommend the creamed spinach. We saved a bit of space to share the recommended cheesecake. We shared one order and ate only half, not because it fell below the high standard of the rest of the meal. Seating, overall ambiance both fine with noise level allowing easy conversation across the table although restaurant was quite full. A great evening.
- Good Steaks, Not Great ServiceCD04Dined on 24/4/2014We got there on time. The restaurant is vast and a bit lacking in character. It is also really dark, (so a no no on lovely hot sunny days). We were given menus pretty quickly and the waitress was helpful with making choices. Thereafter, it went downhill. We decided to order only one course. We waited over 45 minutes for this. When I enquired with the manager, she said it took a while to cook steaks and that we had only been waiting for 40 minutes and not 45 minutes - as if that was compensation! The food was delicious when it finally came, though my steak was cold. I couldn't be bothered to complain at that point. Everybody else seemed okay with theirs. Don't think I'd visit again. Nothing special.Special Features:
- Like being in America!LouLouDined on 21/4/2014My friend and I had lunch here. It was excellent food, terrific service and the staff were friendly. I will certainly go there again. I have to say that the chips are to die for even though it is a steak house! The bearnaise sauce was good too as was the home made sorbet. Probably to the more expensive end of the market but you are eating in Mayfair.Special Features:
- Really good Sunday LunchJeannieDined on 20/4/2014I've been a number of times for Sunday lunch at JW Steakhouse & think it is great - for the amount of food, it is good value (although once you add coffee or a glass of wine you will see a much larger bill). The steak (or lamb) & vegetables are plentiful - you will find it hard to finish. Only one downside to our meal & that was the dessert. We waited a very long time for it to come (over half an hour after ordering) & when it did, the rhubarb crumble which both of my dining companions ordered was very undercooked & the rhubarb hard to cut & eat. The chef refused to accept that & told them to order something else & we waited another half an hour. There was no real apology nor even offer of coffee. Hence a few less points.Special Features:
- LunchChitsDined on 19/4/2014It is definitely not the best steak in town as they advertised . My steak taste like liver. My husband's steak was not tasteless & dated..That is the worst meal we had in any resturant .
- JW SteakhouseHappyeater1Dined on 16/4/2014Everything about the meal was great: the location, the venue, the decor, the way the restaurant has been designed, the service, and most of the food (especially the chips which were delicious and a meal in themselves). .....but the steak, the highlight of the meal, was a disappointment. Regretably both our steaks were tough, which I wouldn't expect from a restaurant calling itself a Steakshouse! Perhaps we were unlucky. Will probably give it another try to see if this was true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suz13Dined on 14/4/2014Great evening, food was great as was the service throughout the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.