Kama Sutra Edinburgh
105-109 Lothian Road
Edinburgh, EH3 9ANNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Kama Sutra Edinburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kamasutrarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 01312297747
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kama Sutra Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Kama Sutra 01312297747
A word from Kama Sutra Edinburgh
Aromatic foods, seductive music, sensuous perfumes, sultry surroundings all come within the Kama sphere. Kama Sutra Edinburgh is a classic Indian restaurant which welcomes you with its relaxed and chilled atmosphere. Music will serenade you while you dine on home favourites including regional dishes from various parts of India. A popular dish is the venison curry which you can enjoy and then choose from a selection of cocktails, wines and lagers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kama Sutra Edinburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
- Romantic dinner at Kama SutraASmith032Dined on 13/8/2012Taking advantage of a spur-of-the-moment child-free evening, I met up with my other half to grab an early evening curry and we were both delighted by the quality and choice of food on offer as part of the £12.95 (starter and main) deal. The food was excellent and the service was great, until time came to get the bill, when I was rather staggered at the total until I realised that our special offer price had not been taken into account. However, this was quickly resolved by the very accomodating staff and so my tendancy to get grumpy over incorrect bills was quickly smoothed over. Will definitely go back but will make sure I pay attention to the bill at the end of it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ChrisDined on 22/6/2012Had a great meal at the Kama Sutra. It's up there with the best Indian meals I've had. Friendly staff, very helpful, I'd certainly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very good valueMartialDined on 17/6/2012We were fully convinced by our experience in this lovely restaurant. The buffet is very nice and extremely good value. The staff were lovely and made us feel very welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesiriDined on 2/6/2012It was our first time at Kama Sutra (Edinburgh)- I was very sceptical because of the name but was won over by the reviews. I would recommend the 12.90 meal deal as the best deal - I would find it difficult to fork out for the full price meal. We had some interesting cocktails which were not part of the deal but were worth the experience. The waitors were very attentive and polite and our food was excellent. Overall a positive experience and I would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our meal at KamaNC22Dined on 30/3/2012We enjoyed our meal at Kama Sutra Edinburgh and felt it was a great value deal (2 courses for £12.95) my main of Venison curry was £14.95 itself. However without the deal it could get quite pricy but the food is high quality and you get what you pay for. We were charged 3.95 for Poppadoms and that was quite high we felt. The menu had a good choice to suit everyone's tastes. The service was prompt and friendly.
- whitebait and chicken starterslegless1979Dined on 25/3/2012whitebait and chicken starters were tad greasy and lacking depth of flavour. One main was fab; the murgh chettinad was lovely, the karahi masala barely had any spices in it at all. Staff were really friendly. Service was good.
- KAMA SUTRA EDINBURGH We hadIWEK15Dined on 17/3/2012KAMA SUTRA EDINBURGH We had a most enjoyable experience in this restaurant. Staff very friendly and helpful and food was very good too. Would definitely go back when in Edinburgh - much same standards as Glasgow one.
- We had a night out with friendstootsDined on 10/3/2012We had a night out with friends so decided to go to Kama Sutra, Edinburgh for dinner before hand. The meal was lovely, the service was great, could not fault it. Would definitely recommend it
- When we went to Kama Sutra;tootsDined on 22/2/2012When we went to Kama Sutra; it a bit strange as they sat everyone near the window. There are about 4 other tables relatively close together but it was hard to talk as the resturant was quiet and it seems like everyone was listening. The food was nice but even when I ordered a medium curry it was still quite spicy and it not much other taste to it. I thought the papadums where over priced. Overall was the meal nice, but not my favourite
- had a lovely valentines mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/2/2012had a lovely valentines meal here and everyone was very attentive even though it was very busy. they even remembered we had dined there previously. very impressedSpecial Features:
- The staff were very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012The staff were very friendly and helpful on food choice. There was a very nice feel to the place. Food was of a quality standard. Will visit again soon, thanks for an enjoyable night.
- A very mixed experience: deliciousnmc1Dined on 4/2/2012A very mixed experience: delicious food, but took way too long to come. A problem with one of the main courses, but then a complimentary bottle of wine. Very busy after the rugby, perhaps this led to capacity issues. Attractive, well decorated and polite staff with a good manager. Top tips - don't be in a rush, try the lamb Kauai, nice Anna's, pilau rice an odd colour, I'd probably buy steamed/mushroom in future. Ask for lime pickle with your poppadoms, not on the standard sauce plate but delicious!
- 3rd time visit in last 2 months-lovCocktailadyDined on 3/1/20123rd time visit in last 2 months-love it. Glad to find a quality indian in edinburgh