Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaspars.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074202111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am – 11pm
Sunday: 7.30am – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
A word from Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
Located in the heart of London, Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill offers an informal yet luxury dining experience, presented in an elegant Twenties-style setting. The vibrant new design evokes The Savoy’s rich and glamorous past, whilst creating a sought after but relaxed dining environment, where Kaspar, The Savoy’s most famous four legged feline resides.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
767 reviews since 24 October 2013
special occasions (492)pre/post theatre (382)romance (300)fit for foodies (251)business meals (223)afternoon tea (121)sunday lunch (94)brunch (82)group bookings (77)outstanding value (68)good vegetarian options (40)child friendly (21)disabled access (10)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- DavidDined on 22/10/2014Outstanding ambiance. Perfect place for a business or private lunch or dinner. The service is second to none, with extremely polite staff, who don't fuss around you all the time. A little on the expensive side, but you are dining at the The Savoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie27VIPDined on 20/10/2014We had the post theatre menu which is good value. Food was nice. Décor a bit heavy.Not much atmosphere , perhaps because we got there at 10.20.Special Features:
- FabulouspugsandkissesDined on 20/10/2014Great service, lovely atmosphere, outstanding but simple food, good value for a special occasion.xSpecial Features:
- Memorable special birthday mealAfternoonT1Dined on 18/10/2014Thank you for a truly wonderful experience to celebrate a family friend's 70th birthday! I had enquired in advance if it would be possible for a table with a river view although I know this cannot be guaranteed. I was delighted that we were seated in a lovely spot right in the window overlooking the river! The service was attentive. All staff were polite, helpful and smiled whenever they came over to the table. Nothing was too much trouble and they all seemed passionate about delivering a high level of service. The menu offered good choices and the food itself was marvellous! We even received a little birthday treat which made the occasion all the more special. Based on this experience we shall certainly visit again! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre treatCharliesAuntDined on 17/10/2014We had a really lovely meal and although we were pushed for time to get to the theatre, the service did not make us feel hurried at all. The menu although limited had a really good mix and the fish was, as you would expect, delicious. Had hoped to return for a special meal early November but they are already fully booked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SelectionWeeScottyDined on 17/10/2014The overall experience was excellent. Arrived a little early to be advised that our table was in the process of being set and could we please retire to the bar while waiting. We were escorted to a table at the window which had an outlook onto the river Thames. The menu was varied and I am sure that there would be something suitable to all tastes. The prices are a little expensive but with the quality of food supplied was not dissapointed. Will definately return the next time we are in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eatery in a London iconRSFCDined on 12/10/2014At The Savoy, Kaspars gave us a great night out to celebrate my son's 30th birthday. The hotel can only be described as opulent in the world where even the modern great hotels are being built on much more minimalist designs. This restaurant managers to maintain this opulence but in a very friendly way quite different to either of the other two restaurants at the hotel, The Savoy Grill or Simpsons. The menu has some great seafood dishes and my family love seafood but I enjoyed beautifully cooked lamb and there are lots of alternatives to fish if anyone wants it. Everything was beautifully cooked and i could not have wished for better service. Thank you Kaspars and the SavoySpecial Features:
- Ok nothing specialSuzeDined on 12/10/2014Only dine here when staying at The Savoy, certainly wouldn't make a special effort to go. Looks and costs the part but food is very uninspiring.
- Limited ChoiceGuideGPDined on 12/10/2014We booked an Opentable offer for just over £30 - 3 courses and a champagne cocktail. On arrival the young lady at the restaurant entrance was vey unsure about this and after consulting her manager we were given a pre/post theatre menu (on a Sunday lunchtime!!!!) for £28 with no complimentary drink. The food, on the whole, was good although choice somewhat limited. One of my companions ordered fish with barley risotto - extremely bland with no flavour. Not quite what you expect from The Savoy.Special Features:
- River Room's SuccessordoryedgeVIPDined on 12/10/2014There was some confusion over the 'special offer' and consequently the bill was wrong. However, this was soon rectified. Overall, a pleasant lunch in civilised surroundings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNonaDined on 10/10/2014Food was absolutely amazing and the service was brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinnerFOODIEDined on 10/10/2014We were very impressed the service and food was amazing and it really was a special eveningSpecial Features:
- Friends special BirthdayTinaDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic for that special occasion. Cocktails amazing, service great and the surroundings outstanding. Food was elegant & tasty. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Pre threatreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The food was good however charging an extra fiver for a very small; pot is over the top especially as the main meal needed some balance. We were shocked at the wine prices, £17 for the cheapest glass of non vintage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star serviceChappell46Dined on 4/10/2014we decided to have a pre show dinner at the Savoy for our Anniversary .Everything about the Service ,Food and Ambiance was superb.We could not fault anything.My wife started with the Pea Soup and in her opinion it was the best soup She had ever tasted.I did not get to try it!! The main courses of Royale Seafood and Fish were both superb and service was second to none.We will be back.Special Features:
- Won't be returning!winanddine21VIPDined on 3/10/2014We were disappointed with Kaspar's. It's a nice looking place but I was freezing the whole meal! (perhaps I was seated under the air con?). The starters were the most disappointing part of the meal - £21 for a lobster cocktail, which had minimal amounts of lobster in it! And £16 for scallops - the price I didn't mind, as they are always expensive, however, they were paired with a tomato jam which was so overwhelming in flavour that the delicate scallops were totally lost in it! The main of fish & chips was good and plentiful, if we had only ordered that I think we would have felt less disappointed. Wine list very expensive, but we enjoyed the carafe we ordered. When dining next at Savoy, will definitely return to Gordon Ramsay's instead!Special Features:
- A lovely dinner!FoodieDined on 3/10/2014I organised a night for 7 colleagues here and was very impressed. The food was delicious and the decor was beautiful. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- AmazingMagsDined on 2/10/2014A wonderful setting for a long overdue dinner with a friend. Service was brilliant as was the food. I will be coming back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CEK1Dined on 27/9/2014A lovely, relaxed restaurant. Very good, calm service & the sea food was delicious, in particular the 'catch of the day' which was so tasty. Also the oysters were some of the best we have eaten!Special Features:
- Wrong table at the wrong timeeasygoingDined on 27/9/2014Table in the middle of a route from kitchen to tables - waiters passing close to the left and to the right of us - not relaxing. Food was very good and I think good value but wine was over priced. I would potential recommend to Friends but would worry that they would get dumped on the same table - management must know which table I refer to and its in earlier reviews. What was also somewhat galling is people off to the Theatre seemed to have good seats and a good deal but we were there for the evening and paying full price and got a bum deal. Not impressed sitting with my meal as waiters clean table either side of us - they have a job to do but tables being wiped not adding romance to the eveningSpecial Features:
- Kaspers sea food and grillSeafoodloverDined on 27/9/2014Having a house in Padstow my standards are very high re seafood . The set menu was uninspiring, a large pork chop on a plate! The chop was tasty and well cooked. I felt the set menu should have been more imaginative. Prawn cocktail was ordinary. This is the Savoy! I expect better! Does not measure up to your wonderful afternoon tea.Special Features:
- 11 out of 10UrbanDinerDined on 27/9/2014Absolutely tucked every box for me. Exquisite food, service and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddiesthoughtsDined on 23/9/2014The staff are very very attentive & friendly. Varied menu which would suit most people's needs. Excellent wine list at prices to suit all pockets. It's a very stylish restaurant & has a very special ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kaspar's at the SavoyMontyVIPDined on 20/9/2014Open Table's special relation between its subscribers and Kaspar's at The Savoy continues to delight with (not quite) complimentary Bellini and under £30 3-course dinner menu combined with the Savoy's exquisite service never disappoints. Our first choice favourite for a pre-theatre performance. Bravo.Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphereMargaret1958Dined on 20/9/2014Service and ambience was excellent. Cost was high for example Caesar salad £20 chicken was sparse . However an excellent venue for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointedAlexDined on 19/9/2014Having been to Kaspar's once before, I expected another fantastic and faultless meal. However, this time the experience wasn't as good. We strongly disliked the table which was given to us and asked to change it to another one in the main dining area. There were some tables free but the gentleman claimed they were booked. After some negotiations we were moved to a table in the main dining area but it had already ruined the experience somewhat as it did take a while to sort this out and unwillingness to help was a little surprising. Needless to say, no one came for the tables which were said to have been booked. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed their meals. The gentleman who served us for the second part of the dinner was great.Special Features:
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014Came here before we went to see Wicked in the apollo for my 21st Birthday, the deal we got was 3 courses and a Bellini for £35 each! amazing value the food was gorgeous and the service was spot on really could not fault anything. We got a side dish each which are £5 each still cant grumble at that price. Will certainly be visiting again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specialozzyDined on 18/9/2014Excellent food and service. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable about the menu and made recommendations without being pushy. Yes its pricey, but you expect that if you go to the Savoy...if you don't like the prices, don't go there in the first place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/9/2014We asked for a special table as it was our anniversary, and although they sat us near the window overlooking the Thames, it was a round table for 5 , very large and it didnt feel intimate. The staff were very polite and served us well, until the end when we waited sometime before we could ask for the bill. Food lovely but expensive. I preferred afternoon tea at The Savoy, to be honest.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre dinnernormapadsDined on 17/9/2014Went here for dinner prior to going to theatre. Portions were small but beautifully presented. Excellent friendly staff. Would happily dine here again.Special Features:
- Very goodfeedingfrenzyDined on 13/9/2014Lovely meal, friendly, efficient service. Would not expect anything less in the Savoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but!spwallisVIPDined on 13/9/2014Kaspar's is everything you would expect from a restaurant based in the Savoy, the dining area is beautifully appointed, the service is professional and polished and the ambiance was excellent. That just leaves the food, nothing much wrong hear either, the fruits de mer starter for two was fresh tasty and well presented albeit a little light on content and my wife's steak was by all accounts very good indeed, the only down side to the meal was my seafood linguine main course, plenty of linguine unfortunately not enough seafood. Still on balance we both enjoyed our meal and we would go back to sample other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Table LocationDinner42Dined on 13/9/2014We recently had an evening meal to celebrate my Husbands birthday. Unfortunately, our table was not in the greatest of locations (middle of the walkway) and it ended up with our bottle of wine being knocked over, although my husband had moved it 3 times to try and avoid this!!! The staff were very quick to make sure we were ok, but next time I would ask to move at the beginning! The food was very good, although for a gluten free diet the choice was quite limited. I did however appreciate the bread at the beginning of the meal. The staff were friendly but the service was a little quick, a little more time between courses would have been appreciated. All in all, high expectations and a little bit disappointing!Special Features:
- Amazing Girls day outLovePoshDined on 13/9/2014Great place for a girly lunch, we had a perfect day.Special Features:
- Not quite thereAndypDined on 12/9/2014This restaurant, in the Savoy Hotel, is certainly a feast for the eyes. The food on the three course set menu was good but not great and the portions tiny. The set menu offered little choice, and strangely for a seafood restaurant, no seafood. Any extras were very expensive. I thought 15 Gbp for a small glass of ruby port was excessive. The service was good overall, but I was left with a large bill to pay for the opulence of the surroundings.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMeffkievDined on 11/9/2014Best meal I had in London. Seafood was fresh and not frozen. Steaks were juicy and not overlooked. Desserts were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingcathyDined on 5/9/2014wonderful fruit de mare, cocktails and tuna tartare - fab night out with my best firendSpecial Features:
- CIVILISED SURROUNDINGSBuckbeefVIPDined on 4/9/2014We dined here before the theatre, which they took into account with timings. Food is of a high standard and was good value with the pre-theatee offer. Good choice of wines at not unreasonable prices. Nice old-fashoined style but with modern touches, which works well, Srervice was very good. We will dine there again, perhaps with main menu and a table overlooking the ThamesSpecial Features:
- something very specialGibbonsCDined on 4/9/2014Really delightful offering hidden away from west end bustle. Dover sole well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTracieHDined on 1/9/2014We enjoyed a pre theatre meal and belini booked through open table. The meal and drinks were lovely, a special mention for the staff who without exception were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend and without doubt go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.