Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaspars.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074202111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am – 11pm
Sunday: 7.30am – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
A word from Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
Located in the heart of London, Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill offers an informal yet luxury dining experience, presented in an elegant Twenties-style setting. The vibrant new design evokes The Savoy’s rich and glamorous past, whilst creating a sought after but relaxed dining environment, where Kaspar, The Savoy’s most famous four legged feline resides.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
830 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (533)pre/post theatre (416)romance (325)fit for foodies (270)business meals (238)afternoon tea (128)sunday lunch (97)brunch (90)group bookings (72)outstanding value (70)good vegetarian options (40)child friendly (20)disabled access (10)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- KasparsBluemoonDined on 30/8/2014Very disappointing ,expected much more from a savoy restaurant !!!
- Wow factorsimianfriendVIPDined on 29/8/2014We visited pre theatre and service was slick and efficient (apart from our waiter forgetting to offer bread). Wished we could have stayed all evening. Beautiful dining space, great ambience and friendly and accommodating staff. We chose from the set menu - delicious smoked salmon and potato salad followed by huge piece of Atlantic Cod cooked to perfection. A definite keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerfussyeaterDined on 28/8/2014I took my sister en law here for dinner for her birthday. It was somewhere that was casual but where we could have a nice meal. She ordered lamb chops which she loved & I had the beef bourgignon, which was also delicious. For desert we shared a sticky date pudding, unfortunately it was so sweet that it was inedible. Not what I would expect from a 5 star establishment but we really enjoyed our evening. The only thing that was disappointing was the lack of service towards the end of the night. Whilst they were still seating diners, most of the waiters had disappeared and were too busy preparing tables for the next day or stocking items out the back. We were left to pour our own wine, top up water etc. Not a good lasting impression.Special Features:
- Good but not the total wow factorEatlutlotsDined on 25/8/2014Had a table booked at Kaspars for bank holiday Monday Sat down at 6 and were given a la carte menu. Ordered then tables either side of us were given a pre theatre menu! Not that we minded but would have been nice to see a choice. Also ordered a half carafe of wine with our starters but it didn't arrive till starters were finished Still we enjoyed the buzz and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappygrannyDined on 25/8/2014We enjoyed a pre show dinner. Lovely food. Amazing service. Elegant surroundings. Calm ambience.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchGaryDined on 22/8/2014I booked the special 3 course lunch with a complementary Bellini for a mid afternoon treat with my friend and was amazed at the quality and choice of the menu. Service was first class and for £28 for a 3 course with drink at the Savoy this was great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonDined on 21/8/2014All excellent! Good job Savoy Kaspar's! We'll recommend you to all our 'friends and family'!Special Features:
- Very enjoyablejeminaDined on 20/8/2014We really enjoyed our post theatre meal here. The food and service were excellent. We had the 3 course menu with a bellini £35, and thought it was very tasty, beautifully presented and very good value.Special Features:
- Allergy Friendly ServicenorthcoastgirlDined on 20/8/2014Knowledgable and reassuring service for a nut allergy customer. Although the plain white bread in the basket may have been nut-free it is cooked in an oven in which walnut bread was cooked, so it was useful to be told this. We decided not to take the risk. The restaurant could perhaps have some other bread option for allergic diners but otherwise it was faultless and the food was superb.Special Features:
- Service excellent, food expensivekip524Dined on 19/8/2014For a special occasion, this would be a good place to go but value for money is not too good in my opinion. The crab salad was mainly lettuce (not a great deal of crab), and similarly the lobster cocktail starter which was £1 more than the main course (£21) was not good value. Dessert was good (£9). The service was excellent as you would expect for a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHetskiDined on 18/8/2014Very disappointing evening at Kaspars. The menu was conventional and dull; the food adequate but not special - and therefore overpriced for what it was. But the real disappointment was the service. There seemed to be no shortage of staff - and indeed, many of them seemed to be enjoying their evening rather more than I was - but they were extremely adept at avoiding eye-contact and the service was consequently slow and haphazard. If it hadn't been the Savoy, it would have been an ok if unspectacular night - but it was the Savoy and so it should have been better. Such a shame.
- SusiDined on 18/8/2014good food brought very promptly once we had ordered (which took a little while); nice atmosphere and wonderfully convenient pre or post a trip to the Savoy theatre!Special Features:
- Sadly, it's lost its way and focusClareeDined on 17/8/2014I came here several times last year and the service and food were wonderful, sadly the same cannot be said on my latest visit. The service was patchy, at first far too much, then far too little. We had three people attending to us for drinks leading to confusion over our order; yet after the main course plates were collected there was no service at all. We spent over 10 minutes trying to catch someone's eye to get a menu, after waiting for one to be brought to us for 30 minutes. The quality of the food was also patchy, a wonderful lobster starter, but bread burnt on the edges, and an unedible dessert that had to be returned. Such a shame, as I had highly recommended Kaspar's in my previous reviews and it was one of my favourite places.
- Very SpecialverygerryDined on 16/8/2014We had a meal for four on a Saturday evening. We were shown to a lovely table near the window with a view of the Thames. The waiting staff were lovely and very efficient. It was my husbands birthday and at least 3 people wished him a happy birthday. We had a lovely meal. I had fillet steak, medium cooked and it was like cutting butter it was lovely, we Jersey Royal potatoes and spinach, plenty for everyone. At dessert my Husbands plate was specially decorated for him. We had pre-dinner drinks in the American Bar and it was a nice touch to start the celebrations. The decor in the restaurant is lovely and not too over the top. The orchids in the reception area were absolutely beautiful. All in all a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forlongislanderDined on 16/8/2014Food was very good, the prices were very high, and the room was beautiful - all reasons to come here for a special occasion. Portions a little too small for the price, but the quality was consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly yummy at KasparsbuonappetitoDined on 16/8/2014We very much enjoyed our pre-theatre dinner experience at Kaspars. The menu selection was not extensive but offered some great choices - we would recommend chilled cucumber soup (ala gazpacho), the sea bass, and decadent chocolate mousse cake - divine! The service was efficient bearing in mind the theatre timings and staff service was excellent as you would expect from this establishment. Will definitely be returning for celebrations.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/8/2014I liked the way the fool was presented. Very good quality food. outstanding Chocolate lollipops!Special Features:
- great ambiencegastronautDined on 10/8/2014Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill provided great food, good service, and a great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all 60% not for special dinnerBubuFoodiesVIPDined on 9/8/2014The price was ok ,first sitting in the waiter leave the bread on table ask to order a drink ,so we ordered also ask for olive oil & vinger for the bread~over 3 times never comes , so i give up.Cuz the other waiter start asking us to made the order . the table we were is clearly sitting at the hallway between the window area with the bar area and the air-con is right on top of our head ,which I hate it .can't even chat or enjoy it , longer u sit there will start feeling too cold and the bread was cold anyway the bad things is any food arrive u need to be eat really fast it will gone cold in a min , cus the air-con, too many ppl walking pass that area should never put table there.if looking for normal dinner is ok .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbfoodisgoodDined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service was impeccable.. Good value for money. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food in a stylish settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Mrs O'M gave her thumbs up to this anniversary dinner after the trout pate starter and pan fried duck main passed her exacting but fair standards. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodyShibbetDined on 7/8/2014Fantastic ambience and beautiful decor. The service was discreet and efficient. Lovely choice on the menu. We shared a seafood platter and were told it was enough for 2. It wasn't really. Seafood was perfect - oysters, crab, lobster but really tiny portions - for £48. Chips again - a tiny portion for £5. Great wine list to be had by the glass/carafe/bottle. Puddings looked amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 6/8/2014Good, but disappointing seafood/fish pie. Glamorous room & excellent service.Special Features:
- Absolutely deliciousGourmetgourmandeDined on 4/8/2014The whole experience at Kaspar's at The Savoy is wonderful. The service was friendly, smiling and helpful staff who made you feel so welcome. The sommelier was great and very talented and knew exactly what we were after and also introduced new ideas to our choices. We had oysters, followed by T bone steak with sweet potato fries and chilli aioli - amazing. One of the most delicious meals I have ever enjoyed and that's saying something.Special Features:
- perfect!!cookingmadDined on 4/8/2014As a former employee in the kitchens of this grand establishment, I was meeting a former colleague and flatmate from our time in the kitchens here, whom I had not seen for over 30 years....there could be nowhere else more appropriate to meet! From meeting in the American bar for pre dinner drinks and a good old catch up, to being greeted at Kaspars Seafood Bar & Grill, we received exceptional attentive service from informed staff who knew of our occasion from my booking details. We were personally welcomed by the restaurant manager and the Executive Sous Chef came and chatted to us, very personal and touching. From then on, the courses of food we received where exceptional, well cooked, well presented and well served. In a word, FANTASTIC!Special Features:
- Post-theatre dinningMandCsaysoDined on 1/8/2014Chose Kaspar's due to its location close to theatres in Haymarket, the fact that the Savoy has recently received a multi £M re-fit, the post-theatre menu and a superior dinning experience. It did not disappoint! The service was friendly & absolutely impeccable. Actually went A la Carte from the wide choice of fish & seafood. This was perfect for a late post theatre meal, perhaps the only minor gripe would be that this could be a little light for anyone expecting a "main" meal. The wine delicious & quite reasonably priced for a major London hotel. Overall a fabulous dining experience and surprisingly affordable. Would definitely recommend for anyone wanting a special occasion meaL, especially for late and post-theatre dinning.Special Features:
- Lunch treatWaleedDined on 31/7/2014For such a prestigious name the service was poor. We had to request for bread to be brought to our table and then it is was taken to the wrong table. Everybody else seemed to get their's. Over priced food and small portions. No real ambiance as it used to be.Special Features:
- An understated gem!istvanDined on 27/7/2014Kasper's is one of our favorite restaurents in London's West End. Located in the world famous Savoy Hotel the service is everything you would expect and it's not expensive. A great venue for a romantic meal for two, or a friends dinner for 22.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerDE10Dined on 27/7/2014Having booked Kaspers for my daugther's 15th birthday, the evening lived up to expectations and she enjoyed it a lot. The venue is very impressive and the food enjoyable, whilst being reasonably priced with the 3 course bellini deal. The service was also of a very high standard, although not perfect in all respects. I would recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant Evening with FriendsFoodie66Dined on 27/7/2014We had a very special evening at Kaspar's with friends, the setting is lovely; We were very impressed by the level of service and their attention to detail. The food was scrumptious! I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/7/2014We love it !We love it !We love it !We love it !We love it !We love it !We love it !We love it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere and servicePeterDined on 26/7/2014That evening was outstanding. The service was great. Food is beautiful and delicious. The requested birthday celebration to my girlfriend was impressive and heart warming. Surely I will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oxford888Dined on 26/7/2014Kaspar's is amazing,the quality of food and service is surperb.Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kaspar's at the SavoyMontyVIPDined on 26/7/2014Definitely on our favourite list for pre-theatre dining, Kaspar's set price 2- or 3-course menu has excellent choices and no "short changing" on the selection of deserts, including a superb brittle chocolate dome filled with delicious chantilly cream. The £28 for 3 courses becomes a total bill of about £80 for 2 persons by the time a delicious carafe of perfectly chilled savignon blanc has been added. There are few places with the ambiance and glitter of the Savoy, dining with the stars, that such fine dining is affordable to begin a special Saturday night out.Special Features:
- At Best PoorLSdinesDined on 26/7/2014We have been coming to the Savoy for 30 years and always been satisfied but this offering was poor. Wine waiter who pops a different wine into a glass previously occupied by another wine. A mixed grill to be avoided. Waiter took our order and somehow my daughter was offered something different to what she ordered. Think carefully before spending your hard earned cash here. Such a shame given that this was once arguably the best in town, with nothing too much trouble for top quality staff. I'm afraid it's time to get back to basics Savoy and educate your exec Chef that even in high end establishments people expect something that approaches value, maybe the refurb has popped a little too much pressure upon operations to overdeliver in profit.
- Beware of offers then retracted !BellissimoDined on 25/7/2014We are unable to comment as having arrived for our confirmed booking for the £35 menu including bellini, we were told we were not able to have this menu and would have to have the a la carte. The restaurant said they had never confirmed the special menu was available, however at the time of booking I specifically commented we wished to book the offer ( which was clearly displayed as available) and neither Open Table nor the restaurant responded to highlight any issue. The restaurant did not handle the situation well and despite eating at The Savoy previously ( not on offers ) I will not be returning. We chose not to stay and dined elsewhere.
- Great place!Dinner4meDined on 25/7/2014The food was superb, couldn't fault it! If you love seafood you will love this place..although there are meat options too! Fantastic presentation of the food, I would recommend the scallop starter, cooked to perfection! A good, relaxed atmosphere but it still had a touch of sophistication and luxury to be expected when dinning at the savoy. Staff were lovely, very welcoming and polite, we were a group of six celebrating a special occasion they couldn't do enough for us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special lunch or dinner in the savoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbStephenDined on 25/7/2014Fantastic food and excellent service. Beautifully presented food that tasted as good as it looked. A fantastic evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- SpicyDined on 24/7/2014I tried to book a table for 4 at 9.30 as this was included in your special deal (pre/post theatre), but their website rejected 9.30, so I assumed it was fully booked. I booked 9.15 in the end, and when we arrived the waiter said special offer was only for pre-theatre. Kaspars was practically empty (no atmosphere) for the remains of the evening, so they obviously weren't fully booked. We ate a la carte, no special offer, and it rather spoilt my 'treat' as my friends wouldn't let me pay the very large bill and we went dutch. The food was good for a hotel! And it was fun to go to the Savoy... but I feel a bit conned.Special Features:
- Brilliant seafoodAndySDined on 24/7/2014This was the first time either of had been to Kaspar's, we went there as it was the wife's birthday. Both of us had the fruits de mer selection, and that did not fail to disappoint (except for maybe the crab). All of the seafood was exceptionally fresh, and having 2 different varieties of oysters definitely expanded on the offering. We just had these as mains each with bread, and this proved ample as starter and main course.For dessert we both had selection of cheeses which were very nice and they offered different varieties to the usual run of the mill offerings. To drink we opted for a Saint Veran which went very nicely with the meal We will definitely be coming back here again to try other fish dishes!Special Features: