Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaspars.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7420 2111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am – 11pm
Sunday: 7.30am – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
A word from Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
Located in the heart of London, Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill offers an informal yet luxury dining experience, presented in an elegant Twenties-style setting. The vibrant new design evokes The Savoy’s rich and glamorous past, whilst creating a sought after but relaxed dining environment, where Kaspar, The Savoy’s most famous four legged feline resides.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
757 reviews since 24 November 2013
special occasions (487)pre/post theatre (375)romance (295)fit for foodies (245)business meals (217)afternoon tea (128)sunday lunch (99)brunch (81)group bookings (74)outstanding value (69)good vegetarian options (37)child friendly (20)disabled access (9)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- An excellent mealFranjDined on 18/11/2014The food was very good - I had a delicious beef bourguinon with very tender beef. I couldn't afford to dine there often, but it's an excellent choice for a special occasion. This was my 40th birthday, and I was given a chocolate treat to mark the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant again!BdaybashDined on 17/11/2014This is my 2nd visit in Kaspar's Bar and again wasn't disappointed by the customer service we received and delicious food we got from the pre-theatre menu which worked out a treat for us....love everything about this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our lunch at Kaspars : a good surprise on monday!NandDined on 17/11/2014My daughter and I, we had a really good experience on taking our lunch at Kaspars. Very nice service and outstanding reception. Amazing ambience and pretty seeing on the river Theems. Nice to go back again in future!Special Features:
- wonderful pre theatre lunchshellDined on 15/11/2014Wonderful pre theatre, ideal for savoy theatre. Great menu choice and friendly staff. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London decoProfessorialgourmandDined on 10/11/2014A great place to take out of towners for a bit of old british ambiance. Very good food at decent prices and most friendly serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great food!EcatDined on 8/11/2014Had a wonderful meal at Kaspar's last weekend. Seafood appetizer and steak were fantastic. Got a great table by the window so we could see the Thames. Staff attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAdamBBJDined on 7/11/2014food was excellent, service was impeccable, lovely surroundings. Recommended for special occasions. Try the royal fruits de mer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of luxurymickeyDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful service top notch food and an amazing 1920s ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super SavoydeliciousdiningDined on 6/11/2014We had booked for a pre theatre meal and this was a super start to our evening. We had not eaten at the Savoy before but from the beginning the staff were attentive without being obtrusive, the food was delicious and imaginative and the setting was perfect A lovely restaurant with great character and dramatic décor...We were delighted we had chosen to eat here.Special Features:
- An improvementAnthonyDined on 5/11/2014I had not visited this restaurant since it became Kaspars. It is a definite improvement and balances well with the Grill.The menu was well selected as was the wine list. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely treatluv2dinelunchDined on 5/11/2014I took my mum for a pre-theatre lunch at Kaspers. The staff were wonderful and explained both menus on offer. We decided on the set menu which had a good choice and ample portions. Indeed, we could only manage two courses! I would definitely recommend Kaspers and will be returning to sample their evening delights. Seeing a couple of famous faces made my mum's day!Special Features:
- Lively RestaurantAdamDined on 1/11/2014Located in the Savoy Hotel in place of the River Room. Very lively and relaxed. Food was good (very good choice) and well priced. Drinks, on the other hand, were too expensive - over £18 for a glass of champagne.
- Divine dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Greeting perfect happy and full of smiles, Decor wow, Food wow wow, ambiance to die for, service as it should be. Great food great service great time, thank you, we will be back.Special Features:
- MaxidreamDined on 1/11/2014The Savoy met all my expectations. Beautiful venue, relaxing atmosphere, and attentive service from the moment we arrived. All this added to the specialness on my mum's 80th birthday. Kasper's lunch menu provided an array of delicious delights. The food was fresh, tasty and looked amazing. I would definately recomend Kasper's for your celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pre theatre at Kaspar'sbuonappetitoDined on 1/11/2014Highly recommend the fantastic pre theatre menu enjoyed at Kaspar's. Tasty and beautifully presented menu options, and efficient friendly staff. Always a joy to be at Savoy's!Special Features:
- Civilised eatingContactDined on 30/10/2014In an area dominated by fast food and chain eating places this is a relaxing, uncrowded and civilised brasserie. Set lunches are very good value. Service is attentive and food is well prepared.Special Features:
- My special lunch.Food4allDined on 29/10/2014I went there with my daughter for late lunch, the food was very good and also good choice , the service friendly and very efficient, the restaurant has a good view on the river. the two courses menu is good value. It was a nice relaxing lunch , very enjoyable. I will use this restaurant again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassFinerdinerVIPDined on 27/10/2014Exceptional surroundings in one of the world's finest hotels, you won't fail to be impressed. The food is superb and not as ridiculously as expensive some other similar restaurants. Ideal for a pre-theatre meal or for a special occasion, would suit both fish and meat lovers. Before or after your meal you could enjoy some amazing cocktails in either the stunning Beaufort bar or the famous American bar! Excellent all-round!Special Features:
- Stunning food & atmosphereSchtumDined on 25/10/2014We visited Kasper's as a surprise for my Dad's 70th birthday, he loves seafood and the Art Deco era so what better combination set in the iconic Savoy. The food was amazing and was some of the best he has tried. The royal fruits de mer comes highly recommended. The Hereford beef was delicious and so so tender. The only downside was the service. It was slow beyond belief. We watched in amazement as waiting staff & management walked past our table a number of times but no one took the imitative to ask to clear the plates, even when it was quite clear we had finished. In the end one of the party had to ask for our plates to be removed. I found this quite bad considering you are strictly enforced to 1hr45 per sitting. Would recommend, 8/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisasterLexie62Dined on 25/10/2014The service was poor. We were not given any bread, even though soup was ordered. The waitress dropped the cutlery from my lobster cocktail onto me. This was because it was badly presented by the kitchen and the cutlery is too big for the plate it is served on. Then no finger bowl for the fruits der mer, we asked for one and we were told they would see if it was possible and it duly arrived. Very strange that this seemed a problem. We did not make a fuss as we did not want to waste our time in London, we had plans for the afternoon. But this is not what I expect at any restaurant, and certainly not at a restaurant within the Savoy. This experience put us off so much that we went to Covent Garden to have our breakfast the following day.
- AmazingFoodieDined on 23/10/2014This is a special place, great service, great food and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 22/10/2014Outstanding ambiance. Perfect place for a business or private lunch or dinner. The service is second to none, with extremely polite staff, who don't fuss around you all the time. A little on the expensive side, but you are dining at the The Savoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary LunchbromletfartDined on 21/10/2014To Kaspers for 25th wedding anniversary lunch. Arrived to find an African Summit taking place resulting in a demo and heavy security. Walked in and enjoyed every moment. First to the American Bar for drinks and very friendly staff who explained some of the ingredients of the Cocktails. Then to Kaspers with a lovely table by the windows (as requested) and friendly attentive service from all the team. The food was superb, the wine expensive but you only have one 25th anniversary as i was reminded! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie27VIPDined on 20/10/2014We had the post theatre menu which is good value. Food was nice. Décor a bit heavy.Not much atmosphere , perhaps because we got there at 10.20.Special Features:
- FabulouspugsandkissesDined on 20/10/2014Great service, lovely atmosphere, outstanding but simple food, good value for a special occasion.xSpecial Features:
- Memorable special birthday mealAfternoonT1Dined on 18/10/2014Thank you for a truly wonderful experience to celebrate a family friend's 70th birthday! I had enquired in advance if it would be possible for a table with a river view although I know this cannot be guaranteed. I was delighted that we were seated in a lovely spot right in the window overlooking the river! The service was attentive. All staff were polite, helpful and smiled whenever they came over to the table. Nothing was too much trouble and they all seemed passionate about delivering a high level of service. The menu offered good choices and the food itself was marvellous! We even received a little birthday treat which made the occasion all the more special. Based on this experience we shall certainly visit again! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre treatCharliesAuntDined on 17/10/2014We had a really lovely meal and although we were pushed for time to get to the theatre, the service did not make us feel hurried at all. The menu although limited had a really good mix and the fish was, as you would expect, delicious. Had hoped to return for a special meal early November but they are already fully booked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SelectionWeeScottyDined on 17/10/2014The overall experience was excellent. Arrived a little early to be advised that our table was in the process of being set and could we please retire to the bar while waiting. We were escorted to a table at the window which had an outlook onto the river Thames. The menu was varied and I am sure that there would be something suitable to all tastes. The prices are a little expensive but with the quality of food supplied was not dissapointed. Will definately return the next time we are in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kaspar's is a beautiful restaurantKMurrayLondonVIPDined on 16/10/2014We visited Kaspar’s for my colleagues celebratory retirement lunch. Service was mostly attentive, although not always as smooth as I'd expect from such a high end establishment, and given the restaurant wasn't that busy, this was the only downside. The food was delicious and a fuss was made of our colleague with a special celebratory plate for pudding by the chef. Which was a very nice touch. The surroundings of the restaurant are beautiful and it did make for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A great eatery in a London iconRSFCDined on 12/10/2014At The Savoy, Kaspars gave us a great night out to celebrate my son's 30th birthday. The hotel can only be described as opulent in the world where even the modern great hotels are being built on much more minimalist designs. This restaurant managers to maintain this opulence but in a very friendly way quite different to either of the other two restaurants at the hotel, The Savoy Grill or Simpsons. The menu has some great seafood dishes and my family love seafood but I enjoyed beautifully cooked lamb and there are lots of alternatives to fish if anyone wants it. Everything was beautifully cooked and i could not have wished for better service. Thank you Kaspars and the SavoySpecial Features:
- Ok nothing specialSuzeDined on 12/10/2014Only dine here when staying at The Savoy, certainly wouldn't make a special effort to go. Looks and costs the part but food is very uninspiring.
- Limited ChoiceGuideGPDined on 12/10/2014We booked an Opentable offer for just over £30 - 3 courses and a champagne cocktail. On arrival the young lady at the restaurant entrance was vey unsure about this and after consulting her manager we were given a pre/post theatre menu (on a Sunday lunchtime!!!!) for £28 with no complimentary drink. The food, on the whole, was good although choice somewhat limited. One of my companions ordered fish with barley risotto - extremely bland with no flavour. Not quite what you expect from The Savoy.Special Features:
- River Room's SuccessordoryedgeVIPDined on 12/10/2014There was some confusion over the 'special offer' and consequently the bill was wrong. However, this was soon rectified. Overall, a pleasant lunch in civilised surroundings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNonaDined on 10/10/2014Food was absolutely amazing and the service was brilliantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinnerFOODIEDined on 10/10/2014We were very impressed the service and food was amazing and it really was a special eveningSpecial Features:
- Friends special BirthdayTinaDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic for that special occasion. Cocktails amazing, service great and the surroundings outstanding. Food was elegant & tasty. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Pre threatreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The food was good however charging an extra fiver for a very small; pot is over the top especially as the main meal needed some balance. We were shocked at the wine prices, £17 for the cheapest glass of non vintage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star serviceChappell46Dined on 4/10/2014we decided to have a pre show dinner at the Savoy for our Anniversary .Everything about the Service ,Food and Ambiance was superb.We could not fault anything.My wife started with the Pea Soup and in her opinion it was the best soup She had ever tasted.I did not get to try it!! The main courses of Royale Seafood and Fish were both superb and service was second to none.We will be back.Special Features:
- Won't be returning!winanddine21VIPDined on 3/10/2014We were disappointed with Kaspar's. It's a nice looking place but I was freezing the whole meal! (perhaps I was seated under the air con?). The starters were the most disappointing part of the meal - £21 for a lobster cocktail, which had minimal amounts of lobster in it! And £16 for scallops - the price I didn't mind, as they are always expensive, however, they were paired with a tomato jam which was so overwhelming in flavour that the delicate scallops were totally lost in it! The main of fish & chips was good and plentiful, if we had only ordered that I think we would have felt less disappointed. Wine list very expensive, but we enjoyed the carafe we ordered. When dining next at Savoy, will definitely return to Gordon Ramsay's instead!Special Features:
- A lovely dinner!FoodieDined on 3/10/2014I organised a night for 7 colleagues here and was very impressed. The food was delicious and the decor was beautiful. I would definitely recommend.Special Features: