Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
London, WC2R 0EUNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £26 to £40
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaspars.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074202111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7am – 11pm
Sunday: 7.30am – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch
A word from Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill
Located in the heart of London, Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill offers an informal yet luxury dining experience, presented in an elegant Twenties-style setting. The vibrant new design evokes The Savoy’s rich and glamorous past, whilst creating a sought after but relaxed dining environment, where Kaspar, The Savoy’s most famous four legged feline resides.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
792 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (509)pre/post theatre (393)romance (310)fit for foodies (256)business meals (229)afternoon tea (123)sunday lunch (95)brunch (86)group bookings (76)outstanding value (66)good vegetarian options (39)child friendly (20)disabled access (10)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- Excellent!CEK1Dined on 27/9/2014A lovely, relaxed restaurant. Very good, calm service & the sea food was delicious, in particular the 'catch of the day' which was so tasty. Also the oysters were some of the best we have eaten!Special Features:
- Wrong table at the wrong timeeasygoingDined on 27/9/2014Table in the middle of a route from kitchen to tables - waiters passing close to the left and to the right of us - not relaxing. Food was very good and I think good value but wine was over priced. I would potential recommend to Friends but would worry that they would get dumped on the same table - management must know which table I refer to and its in earlier reviews. What was also somewhat galling is people off to the Theatre seemed to have good seats and a good deal but we were there for the evening and paying full price and got a bum deal. Not impressed sitting with my meal as waiters clean table either side of us - they have a job to do but tables being wiped not adding romance to the eveningSpecial Features:
- 11 out of 10UrbanDinerDined on 27/9/2014Absolutely tucked every box for me. Exquisite food, service and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreddiesthoughtsDined on 23/9/2014The staff are very very attentive & friendly. Varied menu which would suit most people's needs. Excellent wine list at prices to suit all pockets. It's a very stylish restaurant & has a very special ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kaspar's at the SavoyMontyVIPDined on 20/9/2014Open Table's special relation between its subscribers and Kaspar's at The Savoy continues to delight with (not quite) complimentary Bellini and under £30 3-course dinner menu combined with the Savoy's exquisite service never disappoints. Our first choice favourite for a pre-theatre performance. Bravo.Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphereMargaret1958Dined on 20/9/2014Service and ambience was excellent. Cost was high for example Caesar salad £20 chicken was sparse . However an excellent venue for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointedAlexDined on 19/9/2014Having been to Kaspar's once before, I expected another fantastic and faultless meal. However, this time the experience wasn't as good. We strongly disliked the table which was given to us and asked to change it to another one in the main dining area. There were some tables free but the gentleman claimed they were booked. After some negotiations we were moved to a table in the main dining area but it had already ruined the experience somewhat as it did take a while to sort this out and unwillingness to help was a little surprising. Needless to say, no one came for the tables which were said to have been booked. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed their meals. The gentleman who served us for the second part of the dinner was great.Special Features:
- specialozzyDined on 18/9/2014Excellent food and service. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable about the menu and made recommendations without being pushy. Yes its pricey, but you expect that if you go to the Savoy...if you don't like the prices, don't go there in the first place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/9/2014We asked for a special table as it was our anniversary, and although they sat us near the window overlooking the Thames, it was a round table for 5 , very large and it didnt feel intimate. The staff were very polite and served us well, until the end when we waited sometime before we could ask for the bill. Food lovely but expensive. I preferred afternoon tea at The Savoy, to be honest.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre dinnernormapadsDined on 17/9/2014Went here for dinner prior to going to theatre. Portions were small but beautifully presented. Excellent friendly staff. Would happily dine here again.Special Features:
- Very goodfeedingfrenzyDined on 13/9/2014Lovely meal, friendly, efficient service. Would not expect anything less in the Savoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but!spwallisVIPDined on 13/9/2014Kaspar's is everything you would expect from a restaurant based in the Savoy, the dining area is beautifully appointed, the service is professional and polished and the ambiance was excellent. That just leaves the food, nothing much wrong hear either, the fruits de mer starter for two was fresh tasty and well presented albeit a little light on content and my wife's steak was by all accounts very good indeed, the only down side to the meal was my seafood linguine main course, plenty of linguine unfortunately not enough seafood. Still on balance we both enjoyed our meal and we would go back to sample other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Table LocationDinner42Dined on 13/9/2014We recently had an evening meal to celebrate my Husbands birthday. Unfortunately, our table was not in the greatest of locations (middle of the walkway) and it ended up with our bottle of wine being knocked over, although my husband had moved it 3 times to try and avoid this!!! The staff were very quick to make sure we were ok, but next time I would ask to move at the beginning! The food was very good, although for a gluten free diet the choice was quite limited. I did however appreciate the bread at the beginning of the meal. The staff were friendly but the service was a little quick, a little more time between courses would have been appreciated. All in all, high expectations and a little bit disappointing!Special Features:
- Amazing Girls day outLovePoshDined on 13/9/2014Great place for a girly lunch, we had a perfect day.Special Features:
- Not quite thereAndypDined on 12/9/2014This restaurant, in the Savoy Hotel, is certainly a feast for the eyes. The food on the three course set menu was good but not great and the portions tiny. The set menu offered little choice, and strangely for a seafood restaurant, no seafood. Any extras were very expensive. I thought 15 Gbp for a small glass of ruby port was excessive. The service was good overall, but I was left with a large bill to pay for the opulence of the surroundings.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMeffkievDined on 11/9/2014Best meal I had in London. Seafood was fresh and not frozen. Steaks were juicy and not overlooked. Desserts were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingcathyDined on 5/9/2014wonderful fruit de mare, cocktails and tuna tartare - fab night out with my best firendSpecial Features:
- something very specialGibbonsCDined on 4/9/2014Really delightful offering hidden away from west end bustle. Dover sole well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTracieHDined on 1/9/2014We enjoyed a pre theatre meal and belini booked through open table. The meal and drinks were lovely, a special mention for the staff who without exception were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend and without doubt go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KasparsBluemoonDined on 30/8/2014Very disappointing ,expected much more from a savoy restaurant !!!
- Wow factorsimianfriendVIPDined on 29/8/2014We visited pre theatre and service was slick and efficient (apart from our waiter forgetting to offer bread). Wished we could have stayed all evening. Beautiful dining space, great ambience and friendly and accommodating staff. We chose from the set menu - delicious smoked salmon and potato salad followed by huge piece of Atlantic Cod cooked to perfection. A definite keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerfussyeaterDined on 28/8/2014I took my sister en law here for dinner for her birthday. It was somewhere that was casual but where we could have a nice meal. She ordered lamb chops which she loved & I had the beef bourgignon, which was also delicious. For desert we shared a sticky date pudding, unfortunately it was so sweet that it was inedible. Not what I would expect from a 5 star establishment but we really enjoyed our evening. The only thing that was disappointing was the lack of service towards the end of the night. Whilst they were still seating diners, most of the waiters had disappeared and were too busy preparing tables for the next day or stocking items out the back. We were left to pour our own wine, top up water etc. Not a good lasting impression.Special Features:
- kaspar's seafood bar and grilllizzieVIPDined on 27/8/2014kaspar's at the savoy is a great restaurant. walking through to the restaurant is lovely and the modern decor in what was the river room works really well. having a table by the window is a bonus but mostly whether you sit is fine. the three course meal with bellini is good value, especially compared with the a la carte prices. however the house champagne is far from that, and at £18.50 per glass, is very expensive i feel. overall, though a pleasant experience and the staff are pleasant and helpful. a real mix of ages, wich shows that it is suitable for all tastes.Special Features:
- Good but not the total wow factorEatlutlotsDined on 25/8/2014Had a table booked at Kaspars for bank holiday Monday Sat down at 6 and were given a la carte menu. Ordered then tables either side of us were given a pre theatre menu! Not that we minded but would have been nice to see a choice. Also ordered a half carafe of wine with our starters but it didn't arrive till starters were finished Still we enjoyed the buzz and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappygrannyDined on 25/8/2014We enjoyed a pre show dinner. Lovely food. Amazing service. Elegant surroundings. Calm ambience.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchGaryDined on 22/8/2014I booked the special 3 course lunch with a complementary Bellini for a mid afternoon treat with my friend and was amazed at the quality and choice of the menu. Service was first class and for £28 for a 3 course with drink at the Savoy this was great value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonDined on 21/8/2014All excellent! Good job Savoy Kaspar's! We'll recommend you to all our 'friends and family'!Special Features:
- Very enjoyablejeminaDined on 20/8/2014We really enjoyed our post theatre meal here. The food and service were excellent. We had the 3 course menu with a bellini £35, and thought it was very tasty, beautifully presented and very good value.Special Features:
- Allergy Friendly ServicenorthcoastgirlDined on 20/8/2014Knowledgable and reassuring service for a nut allergy customer. Although the plain white bread in the basket may have been nut-free it is cooked in an oven in which walnut bread was cooked, so it was useful to be told this. We decided not to take the risk. The restaurant could perhaps have some other bread option for allergic diners but otherwise it was faultless and the food was superb.Special Features:
- Service excellent, food expensivekip524Dined on 19/8/2014For a special occasion, this would be a good place to go but value for money is not too good in my opinion. The crab salad was mainly lettuce (not a great deal of crab), and similarly the lobster cocktail starter which was £1 more than the main course (£21) was not good value. Dessert was good (£9). The service was excellent as you would expect for a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHetskiDined on 18/8/2014Very disappointing evening at Kaspars. The menu was conventional and dull; the food adequate but not special - and therefore overpriced for what it was. But the real disappointment was the service. There seemed to be no shortage of staff - and indeed, many of them seemed to be enjoying their evening rather more than I was - but they were extremely adept at avoiding eye-contact and the service was consequently slow and haphazard. If it hadn't been the Savoy, it would have been an ok if unspectacular night - but it was the Savoy and so it should have been better. Such a shame.
- SusiDined on 18/8/2014good food brought very promptly once we had ordered (which took a little while); nice atmosphere and wonderfully convenient pre or post a trip to the Savoy theatre!Special Features:
- Sadly, it's lost its way and focusClareeDined on 17/8/2014I came here several times last year and the service and food were wonderful, sadly the same cannot be said on my latest visit. The service was patchy, at first far too much, then far too little. We had three people attending to us for drinks leading to confusion over our order; yet after the main course plates were collected there was no service at all. We spent over 10 minutes trying to catch someone's eye to get a menu, after waiting for one to be brought to us for 30 minutes. The quality of the food was also patchy, a wonderful lobster starter, but bread burnt on the edges, and an unedible dessert that had to be returned. Such a shame, as I had highly recommended Kaspar's in my previous reviews and it was one of my favourite places.
- Very SpecialverygerryDined on 16/8/2014We had a meal for four on a Saturday evening. We were shown to a lovely table near the window with a view of the Thames. The waiting staff were lovely and very efficient. It was my husbands birthday and at least 3 people wished him a happy birthday. We had a lovely meal. I had fillet steak, medium cooked and it was like cutting butter it was lovely, we Jersey Royal potatoes and spinach, plenty for everyone. At dessert my Husbands plate was specially decorated for him. We had pre-dinner drinks in the American Bar and it was a nice touch to start the celebrations. The decor in the restaurant is lovely and not too over the top. The orchids in the reception area were absolutely beautiful. All in all a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forlongislanderDined on 16/8/2014Food was very good, the prices were very high, and the room was beautiful - all reasons to come here for a special occasion. Portions a little too small for the price, but the quality was consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly yummy at KasparsbuonappetitoDined on 16/8/2014We very much enjoyed our pre-theatre dinner experience at Kaspars. The menu selection was not extensive but offered some great choices - we would recommend chilled cucumber soup (ala gazpacho), the sea bass, and decadent chocolate mousse cake - divine! The service was efficient bearing in mind the theatre timings and staff service was excellent as you would expect from this establishment. Will definitely be returning for celebrations.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/8/2014I liked the way the fool was presented. Very good quality food. outstanding Chocolate lollipops!Special Features:
- great ambiencegastronautDined on 10/8/2014Kaspar's Seafood Bar and Grill provided great food, good service, and a great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all 60% not for special dinnerBubuFoodiesVIPDined on 9/8/2014The price was ok ,first sitting in the waiter leave the bread on table ask to order a drink ,so we ordered also ask for olive oil & vinger for the bread~over 3 times never comes , so i give up.Cuz the other waiter start asking us to made the order . the table we were is clearly sitting at the hallway between the window area with the bar area and the air-con is right on top of our head ,which I hate it .can't even chat or enjoy it , longer u sit there will start feeling too cold and the bread was cold anyway the bad things is any food arrive u need to be eat really fast it will gone cold in a min , cus the air-con, too many ppl walking pass that area should never put table there.if looking for normal dinner is ok .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbfoodisgoodDined on 7/8/2014Excellent food and service was impeccable.. Good value for money. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.