Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe
487-489 Christchurch Road
ThaiPrice: £25 and under
Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.koh-thai.co.uk/
- Phone: 01202914997x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 1am
Friday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 3pm, 5:30pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer an extensive outside catering service for business, public and private events, all enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Entertainment: We are very lucky to have met some talented musicians in our four year journey, and were privileged that our extended family of kohians perform in our restaurants! Katie Francesca has been part of our family since the beginning! Mellow vocals, smooth Jazz, acoustic Live Lounge and electro Jazz Beats provide the perfect soundtrack to your Thai Tapas experience! Lucy Kitchen is a new addition to our family and has been singing with us just under a year! Being a talented writer as well as singer, Lucy offers an acoustic set of her own mellow vibes! Alternate Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week!
- Public Transit: There are bus stops heading in both directions of Bournemouth right outside our restaurant making it easy for a short bus journey! We also have a taxi company across the street if a bus route is not accessible for you!
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We do not have any designated parking areas for customers however as were based at the end of the high street there are many side streets with no limit parking and car parks just a five minute walk away!
A word from Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe
Koh Thai Tapas Boscombe, the first restaurant of the Koh family established in 2009! Although were the oldest of the restaurants, were considered the baby of the family due to our size! Nevertheless were are a bold, vibrant yet intimate little hub and what we may lack in size we more than make up for in our personality! If authentic cuisine, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere is what your after then were the restaurant for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe - Best restaurants in Bournemouth ›
Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since 19 May 2014
special occasions (30)fit for foodies (26)romance (24)group bookings (22)good vegetarian options (16)business meals (10)outstanding value (8)child friendly (5)disabled access (4)pre/post theatre (4)brunch (2)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Perfect for sharingTashthefoodsnobDined on 3/9/2014This was my second time here but I had not tried the Tapas before. I was on a first date so thought the opportunity to try several dishes that we could share was perfect to help the conversation along, especially as he wasn't too familiar with Thai food. The starters went down a treat we had a mixture of Squid, pork skewers, dim sums and duck and cucumber rolls, followed by tapas portions of Masaman lamb and Thai green chicken with jasmine rice. Everything was cooked beautifully and we were surprised at what good value it was. To top it all off there was live music which was great and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back and sample more delights!Special Features:
- Third visit, never disappointedGAC89Dined on 28/8/2014Food is amazing and every time I visit Bournemouth. Particularly like the tasting menu where the waitress chooses for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai ever!SarahCDined on 21/8/2014This has to be the best Thai meal I've ever had! And that includes in London and Thailand!! The tapas idea is great as I always want to try different things, so this allows you to try a bit of everything. The friendly service is great and such great value for the tapas meal, chosen my the waitress by asking a few questions of what you do and don't like. Highly recommend this restaurant and please bring one to London!Special Features:
- Not up to their usual high standardLaverda981Dined on 21/8/2014Food was good on this occasion but our waitress did not listen to our order properly so the right tasting menu was not served which spoilt my wife's birthday. Recent expansion is understandable due to high demand but high quality service, depth of flavour and music noise levels need to remain balanced to keep this excellent Thai restaurant where it belongs, our favourite in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favourite place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014Koh never lets me down, at either of their main restuarants in Bournemouth. Myself, partner and friends come here often and can honestly say between us have eaten everything on the menu. If you are new to Koh i suggest however going for the set menu's where you tell the server everything you like and dont like and the chef provides you with a little taste of everything, you get a real bargin this way as get to try so much more of the menu and i have never been left hungry.Special Features:
- good but.......lovefoodDined on 13/8/2014good but the service needs a bit of help first we were put next to the window with the sun streaming in this made it very hot to sit there, we did move without any fuss, the service was very slow in asking what we wanted to drink we asked twice for some drinks but the overall experience was pleasant and the food nice.Special Features:
- Best place to eat in Bournemouthluv2dineDined on 31/7/2014Very nice food, good to have the 'chosen for you' sample option that works out very cheapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrummyJessDined on 28/6/2014Fantastic food, extremely knowledgable friendly staff, great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasting foodSulli70Dined on 28/6/2014I booked before getting to Boscombe after reading some reviews and was pleased to overhear our landlady recommend it to another guest. We were watching the football in a Wetherspoons and had to leave before a penalty shoot out, but it was well worth it. Lovely greeting at the door and confirmation of our booking before being shown our table by the window. The menu is extensive but there is an option to let them know how much you would like to pay, any dietary requirements and level of spiceness and they bring out ample starters and dishes for mains. I have never had such meaty spare ribs! The lager option is also full with Asahi on draught. The portions were arge and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningluvgrubDined on 24/6/2014Went for my wife's birthday with the family. Great food and lots of variety for those with large or small appetites, hot or mild tastes. Live music gave it a relaxed atmosphere. Staff in particular were amazing - can't remember going anywhere in the last few years where everyone seemed intent on making your visit special. We had full meals, but just as good for a few drinks and a few tapas (basically Thai starters). We all recommend it highly (aged 18 to 54!)Special Features:
- Great Food friendly atmosphereJohnHDined on 12/6/2014Three of us really enjoyed our dinner at Koh Thai Boscombe. What is wonderful about the food is that it makes no concessions to being in England it has exactly the same tastes one finds in Thailand. Perfect! Let yourself be guided by the Staff its all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealKN12Dined on 31/5/2014Have eaten at all the local Koh Thai / Noi restaurants and love the food, like the Boscombe one the best because it is a little quieter than Bournemouth and Lilliput. Had a great meal with our friends at the weekend - one of them is pretty fussy about food so his praise is praise indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodKPHarrowDined on 24/5/2014great choice of food and the 'tasting option' where you're brought a selection is a great option if you'd like to try lots of options -- highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Extremely niceBellaDined on 24/5/2014The food was beautiful and the staff were extremely lovely. The only problem we had was that there was too much to choose from- we wanted it all! Will definitely be visiting again, no doubt about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLucyDined on 23/5/2014We usually dine at koh Thai in Bournemouth but thought we'd try here. We really enjoyed our evening, food was delicious and the staff were lovely, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSarahDined on 4/5/2014We had a great night. Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was delicious too. Try the crispy beef as a starter - it's amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeKazzibDined on 4/5/2014Food really good and very nice place will be returning
- great all round experiencewantsgoodserviceDined on 25/4/2014I booked a table for myself and my girlfriend for friday night. We arrived slightly early and were able to be seated promptly on arrival. We ordered drinks at the table and chose the 25 pound per person dining experience as I am new to thai food and didnt know what to expect. My partner on the other hand loves thai food. We were asked what we like and the waitress was able to shape our food around our preferences. The food arrived beautifully presented and was hot which can be somewhat a rarity these days. We werent pestered every mouthfull but at appropriate times for extra drinks etc. All together a great dining experience and it has put thai food on a regular menu for my dinner from now on. A great credit to boscombe. will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICEThaifanDined on 17/4/2014As always, the food was delicious and the staff friendly. Lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/4/2014It was very very expensive and some of the food came out much later than othersSpecial Features:
- Amaze balls!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2014I love this place a lot! Worth every penny you spend! Already book for next month :) xxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always food and serviceAnnaGDined on 11/4/2014As always food and service was great, just be wary of the ratings on temp - they mean what they say!Special Features:
- Absolute gem of a placeShepDined on 4/4/2014I absolutely love this place, the staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is lively without being overpowering. The food is delicious, you just want to keep ordering it. We have been a couple of times and both times it has been outstanding. The dumplings on the tapas menu are delicious - hard to beat. Couldn't recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodLondon28Dined on 30/3/2014Great idea with the mixed menu Food was beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ThiamelstyDined on 21/3/2014Superb food, great atmosphere, excellent friendly service. Amongst the best Thai food I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall would skip itMealDined on 8/3/2014The window was all boarded up - there was a strange smell like old rubbish and although staff very friendly it was overall disappointing,
- Amazing food. Will be backHappyKoherDined on 21/2/2014Been to koh Thai before and it never disappoints. The food is lovely and if you go with a group and get the tapas option there is a lot of choice so if you're not too sure what you like you will deffinately like something!Special Features:
- BrilliantzoegardyDined on 15/2/2014I chose this restuarant based on reviews from TripAdvisor as I was looking for a place to eat for Valentine's. This restuarant had a great ambience and loved the decor. The food was gorgeous and the staff were friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Thai in BoscombeTeamPaulivDined on 15/2/2014Having been greeted with friendly 'Hellos' from almost every member of staff as soon as we walked through the door we were struck by the relaxed, friendly vibe of this fabulous restaurant. We went for the £25 set menu, which, although pricey, is worth every penny. Stand out dishes were the melt in the mouth rib starters as well as the duck main - perfectly hot (in a spicey way!) - we really could not fault the food. I guess the personal touch is what makes this place so special, tailoring your choices to how spicey you like it & what meats you're in to epitomises the 'customer is king' ethos that is often so lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai in BoscombejojoDined on 15/2/2014This restaurant offers a welcoming reception, and an excellent choice of tasty and very well-presented meals. Great wine list and some original takes on cocktails. The staff are are real asset - warm and friendly, knowledgable about the menus, attentive at the table without being over-bearing, and looking for oportunities to make your meal really enjoyable.Special Features:
- Superb, as normal.DaveBmthDined on 4/2/2014Koh have got the balance of service and friendliness just right. Attentive but not in your face. The Thai tapas was faultless with a great selection of dishes chosen by the staff after detailed questions from the waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBGSMPDined on 31/1/2014The service from the moment we arrived was excellent, our main waitress( a Canadian girl) couldn't do enough to make sure we understood the menu, even when I ordered a meal that she had told me was very hot, she went and got some coconut milk to take some of the hotness away. All the other waitresses were very attentive, always checking everything was ok. Will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for moneyhampshiregirlDined on 26/1/2014In line with other reviews, food was very good. We had the tasting menu for two which included two starters and four main dishes. All were excellent. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLouiseDined on 25/1/2014We loved this restaurant, the service, food and ambience were all perfect. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The small restaurant size spoils itthaifoodloverDined on 24/1/2014Let's start with the positives: the food, as always, is beautiful and the interior is lovely. However, the small restaurant size spoilt it for me. We arrived on time and our table wasn't ready. We got a drink at the bar, but had nowhere to go with our drinks, there was no area to sit whilst we waited so we were left standing in a small walkway which is used by staff to access the phone and other tables. We we're stood around for 10 minutes so not the best start. The staff were all very helpful and polite, and the food is second to none, but the tables were so cramped it was a struggle to fit all the plates on, paying £35-40 per person (starter, main, one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic drink) is overpriced for the overall experience.Special Features:
- Yum!SophieDined on 13/1/2014Definitely coming back! Amazing food! Fast service and great hospitality!! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Koh Thai Tapas - Boscombe reviews archive.